• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

m/m pairings! [casual/literate search]

ghostling

doing ok, cowboy?
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
it’s me… again!

right now i’m looking for a m/m romance-ish roleplay with a realistic/modern setting and a strong focus on the characters — i’d love a partner or two who really care about their characters and wanna develop them and try stuff out with them. chatting about ocs is one of my favourite things, so if you’re up for gushing ooc about our characters… i’m your guy
;) )) i don't have any solid plots at the moment, but i'd like to pull something together and see where we can go.

before i get into more detail about what i’m looking for, a couple of important things —

• i don’t want to RP with anyone under 18. i’m sorry! it’s just that since i’m an adult, i feel uncomfortable roleplaying with minors. nothing personal.

• pleaaase have a writing sample available, or some threads in your profile or something that i can look at. i’m not a
huge stickler for grammar or whatever (though it is appreciated) but i can be quite picky about writing styles, and finding one that works nicely with my own, and that i can enjoy. again, this isn’t personal and isn’t a reflection on your skill as a writer, just my own preferences. thank you !!

• relevant to the above, my active threads are linked in my signature, and there are more writing references in my profile if you wanna check them out. i have more in-depth RP info there too.

okay! now that’s out of the way —

what i like (faves in italics): meet ugly, meet cute, unhealthy relationships, complex relationships, horror, violence, university au, coffee shop au, prison/institution au, drug use, star-crossed lovers, enemies to lovers, enemies in general actually, hurt/comfort, a little fluff here and there yeah sure, love-hate relationships, mostly hate relationships particularly lol, angst, stepbrothers, closeted/out, “straight”/gay, gangs, angst i love angst, secret/forbidden/hidden relationships, road trips, soulmate au, cheating, betrayal, loss, witches, especially urban witches, low-modern-fantasy, 40s gays, low-level scifi?, travelling adventures, trans characters, age gaps (no underage!!), opposites attract, cultural differences, disapproving parents, religion, one-sided relationships, … angst ... hhhh i’ll add to this as i think of things! feel free to make suggestions too, especially if you have something really weird/dark you've been wanting to do. i'm not gonna be grossed out, try me :3c

what i don’t want: pure fluff, love at first site, parenting/kids in any capacity, high school aus, anime (seme/uke stuff) … i think that’s it at the moment, tbh. let me know what you don't like in return pls because i don't have a lot of limits.

some potential pairings: crime lord/henchman, weirdo-who-lives-in-a-cabin-in-the-woods/random cutie who stumbles across him (i can explain this better, i swear), sugar baby/sugar daddy, young offenders doing community service together, any kind of 'i rescued you under weird circumstances & now we're stuck with each other' setup

(a quick note on “unhealthy relationships” — i’m mostly only into this when both characters are as terrible as each other and treat each other with equal shitty-ness [like this]. i have no interest in RPing with someone who thinks unhealthy relationships/abuse are something to just mess around with and make a joke out of, obviously, or who will romanticise it, or whatever. if you're not gonna treat this sort of topic maturely & with necessary sensitivity, you can go.)

okay, i’ve gone on enough. go ahead and reply/PM me if you’re interested!

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd love to do something around a chance-meeting right now. two guys missing the last train home and passing the night in an empty city station together maybe? yes? please?

NinjaSquid said:
Hey! I'm interested but I cannot PM yet since this is a new account. Mind shooting me a pm?
sure! on its way

[QUOTE="Merry Nara Saws]Hey there. I'm interested in something low sci-fi. Did you have any ideas in mind?

[/QUOTE]
nothing specific honestly! maybe something involving space exploration, something like that?

(also bumpppp)

[QUOTE="Merry Nara Saws]Have you heard of the Zero Escape series by any chance?

[/QUOTE]
afraid not, no, sorry! ;v;

weirdo-who-lives-in-a-cabin-in-the-woods/random cutie who stumbles across him

More like: tell me more please?

(feel free to shoot me a PM, I'm also a new user!)

BoyFromJupiter said:
weirdo-who-lives-in-a-cabin-in-the-woods/random cutie who stumbles across him

More like: tell me more please?

(feel free to shoot me a PM, I'm also a new user!)
pm on its way!

ghostling said:
afraid not, no, sorry! ;v;
Well the part that I was really interested in was its exploration of the multiverse theory and Schrodinger's cat. If you'd be interested, we could come up with our own plot involving those things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back