• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ❖ M I R A I ❖ E T E R N U M ❖ OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
A discord would be smashing : )

I also have some questions about the armour our characters are going to be wearing... Do they have personal energy shielding? Or are they just constructed of a very hardy material? Both? I just want to know before I inevitably mention something incorrect XD

A discord would be smashing : )

I also have some questions about the armour our characters are going to be wearing... Do they have personal energy shielding? Or are they just constructed of a very hardy material? Both? I just want to know before I inevitably mention something incorrect XD

Nupe! There are no shields/forcefields in the traditional sense in the current setting. There might have existed such an instrument in mankind's past (before The Shattering) but the technology is lost.

So yes, it is constructed of very hardy materials. It's a kind of second skin, and would work very much like MCU's ironman nanosuit. Damage is repaired via drawing on nanomaterials from other places or a storage; though likely three times slower compared with ironman's. It is not infinite. It would also only interface with the einherjar's metaphasium so that it can mildly enhance and work with their specific skillset.

Last edited:
Ramjammer Ramjammer if you're still interested in joining us, you jsut have to add which Einherjar location Nergal was stationed at towards the end of her initiation =D.

You can check it out at our updated CS's or as below:

Year of Death:
Place of Death:
(City name, planet name, galaxy name)
Einherjar Chapter: (Name one of the stated Singularity Worlds. All Einherjar start in Eljudnir, but towards the end of their basic training and before they are attached to a fixed unit, they will be sent for varying amount of years to any of the various Einherjar Chapters for some practical training.

All right, all fixed and ready to go!

While Irkalla is definitely a very cool place name, and I am very inclined towards allowing you to build upon it as another Singularity World (perhaps an abandoned/desolate/collapsed one). Please choose any of the other existing ones xD! After which, feel free to post IC.

(edit: Just remembered, I'm trying to keep all singularity worlds named after 'Paradises' xD)

Also, would you like to join the discord?

Last edited:
While Irkalla is definitely a very cool place name, and I am very inclined towards allowing you to build upon it as another Singularity World (perhaps an abandoned/desolate/collapsed one). Please choose any of the other existing ones xD! After which, feel free to post IC.

(edit: Just remembered, I'm trying to keep all singularity worlds named after 'Paradises' xD)

Also, would you like to join the discord?

Ahh I see. Yeah I can change it, and yes I'd like a link to the discord if that's alright.

Hi! Finally got around to finishing the lore & can't wait to make my character but I have a question: how far back can the characters' previous life be from? Like is any time since humans have existed free game?

Also, how do I join the discord? The link I see is expired
:'>

Hi! Finally got around to finishing the lore & can't wait to make my character but I have a question: how far back can the characters' previous life be from? Like is any time since humans have existed free game?

Also, how do I join the discord? The link I see is expired
:'>

There you go :) I'll answer you in the discord since you can't get there.

Lekiel Lekiel My character isn't complete, as I added that she likes to compose and perform music at pubs (and got the nickname 'Dark Muse' for it) and then realised that that would be dreaming. So I'm not sure - can I keep that? Should I change it? And the whole 'Dark Muse' thing could be good character/plotline thing too. Sorry if I'm misinterpreting or being pushy.

Lekiel Lekiel My character isn't complete, as I added that she likes to compose and perform music at pubs (and got the nickname 'Dark Muse' for it) and then realised that that would be dreaming. So I'm not sure - can I keep that? Should I change it? And the whole 'Dark Muse' thing could be good character/plotline thing too. Sorry if I'm misinterpreting or being pushy.

You are right, such an occupation would involve too much inspiration.

However, a character like that would be rejected for other issues. Namely that they are meant to be an einherjar. That's what they should be doing and living and breathing for. To work and be known for anything else is impossible. They could've been a music composer in their past life though. That is acceptable. The talent would not translate, not immediately at least. Given that the observers would see no reason for such memories and demand repeated purifications. But it could be something that crops up more and more each time in flashes of memory.

It was a draft post and I thought I copied onto a word doc just in case but it turns that was another post. I mean, I remember the fonts, BBCode and general character stuff, so it's not too bad.

Also question, how does the memory wiping work? Do they get a routine memory wipe every year - is that a time thing you're using in this? All of the singularities are earth-sized, so do they have Earth time cycles as well? - or do they get their memory wiped if it becomes any sort of problem?

Ah, and also, what counts as 'dreams'? Does that include daydreaming, or having a dream of going to another singularity (for example if a normal character, not Einherjar, was on Aaru in their childhood and it sucked or whatever)? And from what I've seen in some posts, it also seems to involve art - so music is one I can say for sure, but is poetry and writing books also dreaming? And furthermore, does imagination sort of count as dreams? Because imagination=innovation so I'm trying to understand how in general everybody thinks in a world they specifically cannot dream.

It was a draft post and I thought I copied onto a word doc just in case but it turns that was another post. I mean, I remember the fonts, BBCode and general character stuff, so it's not too bad.

Also question, how does the memory wiping work? Do they get a routine memory wipe every year - is that a time thing you're using in this? All of the singularities are earth-sized, so do they have Earth time cycles as well? - or do they get their memory wiped if it becomes any sort of problem?

Ah, and also, what counts as 'dreams'? Does that include daydreaming, or having a dream of going to another singularity (for example if a normal character, not Einherjar, was on Aaru in their childhood and it sucked or whatever)? And from what I've seen in some posts, it also seems to involve art - so music is one I can say for sure, but is poetry and writing books also dreaming? And furthermore, does imagination sort of count as dreams? Because imagination=innovation so I'm trying to understand how in general everybody thinks in a world they specifically cannot dream.

For simplicity sake, SWs have earth time cycles yes. And all time is measured in the Laniakea standard (basically old earth time).

They get memory wipe (or rather extraction) when it becomes a problem. Or if deemed that it might be a problem. The process is non-permanent on Einherjars though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back