• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

BluEndings

The One Called Blu
Roleplay Type(s)
LOST PLAYGROUND

Click Stars and Scroll
  • Art by fenmori
    INTRODUCTION
    You don't belong here, do you?

Dry leaves crumble under footstep, while the world tumbles twice over. A dissonant vertigo that lands your shaky body in an unfamiliar iridescent glow. The canopy above is thick, and the fronds under foot alien to the ones you knew just moments before. This wooded expanse is elsewhere. Its sounds and vibrancies are its own and entirely unfamiliar. The air is cool and pulses with fear and whispers, while curious eyes peer inward from the sheltering dark.

Light itself seems to bend by its own whims so that the night squirms into corners unseen.

Downy rodents pass underfoot and towering beasts stalk from high above the brush. The sing-song of the dwelling fauna rings like a rehearsed chorus of harmony and omen. In this hidden place you are utterly fulfilled, but hopelessly vulnerable. The when and where you left behind would soon become little more than the sour taste of nostalgia. Your fingertips sparking in anticipation even in acknowledgement of the chapter ahead of you—one brimming with terrible fascination.

You are lost.

And it was time to find yourself.
    The Town
    Hawthorn, a nowhere town, in the western province of Oskea.

Bordering lake and river, the once small community has continued to flourish from the bounty of resources these formations have offered. With a population just shy, ‘town’ is a title that has been fought tooth and nail by the locals in the face of the capital’s ever growing interest. If it weren’t for the pervasive growth of fresh conflict in the surrounding territories, Hawthorn may have already been swallowed by their machinations.

But these kinds of politics were of little concern to the common inhabitants.

For most of you, the town was your whole world. Born within its borders, and raised in the unassuming cradle that was Abella's Home for the Displaced. A humble place to nurture the orphaned youth until they were able to labor as apprentices. These apprenticeships would guide the way for the inevitable transition away from the institution’s supervision, and serve as the first steps into organized society.

That was what the settlement referred to as ‘Callings.”
    The Woods
    Fate, however, was another matter entirely. Though blessed with a lake and river, there too was a perimeter of woodlands that neighbored Hawthorn. It was in these woods that much of the town’s history had been born and lost. Aplenty tales new and old served as warnings to ward away the fearless and the foolish. The once abundant callings for woodcutters and huntsmen had dwindled in favor of the tasks free of green canopy. Few good things came from that forest, and yet it beckoned all the same.

On this fine festival day, its harmonic lull would seize new prey.

“The Lost” they called them. Any who managed to cross that veil was labeled as a deathless dead. One who had wandered into a forbidden unknown where fairies and demons danced to the misgivings of the mortal kind. Reason and truth were meaningless where countless whispered secrets reigned, and unweaving them often spelled misfortune.

After all, witchcraft had been banned for centuries.
Code by Ambiloquous

Hello hello, everyone! Thanks for expressing interesting—
Keep a look out for a message hopefully sometime this week!

Until then, if anyone has any questions or blips to toss here feel free. ^^

Alrighty, the aforementioned message has gone out to those of you who commented on this thread.
After acclimating a bit, the CS thread will go up and then the in-character soon after.

We still have space, so any remaining passerby are free to toss their hat into the ring.

As always, I'm here to answer any questions or hold-ups anyone may have.
I'm looking forward to weaving a curious tale with you all!

Hello. I'm interested in learning more about this, it seems really interesting!

Thank you everyone for your participation! We are now tentatively full.
This looks interesting. Dont have discord though so :(
I'm very sorry about that. Running an OOC on Discord is just a lot more convenient on my part. If you end up making an account I can toss you in as the final [hard cap] 8th slot.

Yeah sorry no can do
Thank you everyone for your participation! We are now tentatively full.

I'm very sorry about that. Running an OOC on Discord is just a lot more convenient on my part. If you end up making an account I can toss you in as the final [hard cap] 8th slot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back