• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking to Design Some Stories

Enolx

Time to murder the English language.
Intro/About Me

Hey, how are you? As you know from clicking on this I am looking for a partner. I have gotten some free time and am wanting to do some more writing. I really only do OC stories and most of the ones I make are designed to be really huge and long epic style stories. When it comes to characters I only really main male characters, they are much easier to write as I am one, but I do typically make large casts of all genders and beliefs. I write fairly detailed stories because I am a big fan of big worlds with a lot fun quirks, and memorable characters. I typically write three paragraphs and up. Also, since I am old, my stories tend to be mature in nature and have cursing.

I have been writing for a while now and I would like to say that my grammar and stuff isn't too bad. I respond fairly quickly, 1-3 days unless I am having trouble thinking of where to direct the story or if I get busy in life. If that is the case I will let to know so I can get some help with that. Also, I am a very hard outliner when it comes to stories. I will usually have pretty good understanding on various events and possible personal character developments, before even starting the story. This does not mean that I would not be more than happy to read you changing the script. I rp because I enjoy when a character does something completely different from what I had originally envisioned or expected.

My Ideal Partner

I don't need much in a partner, but there is some things I require. You have to have decent grammar and use past tense third person. I recently learned that I don't like it when people use first person in a collaborative story. Next, you have to help me push the story. I am all good with you reacting to what I do, but sometimes my main character will do things that have nothing to do with yours. In those moments I like to see some character independence. Other than that, please don't write just a sentence. There is a lot in the world your character can do and talk about, I would love to hear about it. Also, don't force my main character to stuff. You can control the side characters I make as much as you want, but I am greedy about my main guy. Last, and most important to me, talk to me. If you have plans or if I mess up, let me know. We are equals in this and I would like to hear your thoughts on things. I think rp's are the best when we both enjoy them and work together. Go Teamwork.

Closing/ Story

Thanks for sticking with me so far, we are almost done. When it comes to stories, I am fine with most genres although I am a big fan of action and adventure. I enjoy making up new story plots and this is what I'm going for this time. Normally I base ideas fairly flushed out, but I was wanting to do something different from what I normally go for. Let me know what kind of stuff you like if you interested or if you have any ideas. I am fine with doing stories in pm or normal threads, it doesn't bother me at all. Here is a bit from the most recent story I am doing so you can see if your ok with how I write. (Warning its long)
Xander sat on the edge of his hospital bed as his nurse poked and prodded around his chest. “It seems like you have recovered nicely,” She said with a smile “We will miss having you here, but I’m happy to see you up and around.”

Xander smiled as the nurse pulled away from him and he hopped up from the bed. “Thanks again for putting me back together,” He replied “It was fun hanging out with y’all, but it’s about time that I get on home.” Xander bowed slightly to the nurse and left the room with her.

Xander’s head rested on the cold train window as he sped past tall snow covered mountains. His music blasted through his headphones as he moved his bag to use it as a headrest. He extended his body into the next seat over since he was one of only four people on the train. He was an hour into the trip back to his home. His ribs still pulsed, but he didn’t complain. He took a look out at the cold expanse and sighed at its beautiful danger. “One day maybe,” He said to himself before turning his head away. He reached into his bag and grabbed some pills from a bottle before throwing them to the back of his throat and swallowing them down with a drink of his mango flavored body armor. He took one more drink before he put his drink down, ticked up his music one more notch, and attempted to go to sleep.

The train horn woke him from his sleep and alerted him that they had arrived at their destination. With consciousness came the throbbing in his chest. He checked the pill bottle and put them back in his bag after he checked his watch. He told himself he was fine, gathered his bag, and picked up his bow and quiver from the floor below him. He put on his jacket, attached his quiver around his waist, threw his bag over his shoulder, and held his bow in his left hand as he walked off the train. The conductor gave him a bow as he walked off and Xander nodded in response as he felt his ribs would kill him if he tried any more.

Stepping off the train Xander looked up towards the large facility off in the distance. Tucked into the mountain was his home of Paris Academy. The school was designed like a castle fortress made of beautiful white and black speckled stone. There was a long staircase that took you from the train station to the school and Xander begrudgingly made his slow climb up them. He could hear his teacher talking in his head as he walked, “If you can’t make it up a few stairs, this school is not the place for you.” There were over a thousand steps.

At the entrance of the school, large glass doors were flanked by two guards. Both of them bowed when they saw him. After taking another dosage of pills three quarters of the way up the stairs, Xander was able to return their gesture. One guard pulled out a key card and waved it in front of a sensor, opening the door and letting Xander in. A rush of warm air hit him as he walked onto the polished stone floor. The walls were lined with various banners and decorated with posted messages about upcoming school events. After a short walk, Xander was met by his favorite sight in all the school. When the hot dog vendor saw him, he ran over to him to put him in a hug. “No no no no no,” Xander cried before a thousand stars exploded inside of him. The pain was so intense that Xander couldn’t get any words out, but thankfully the man realized what happened and let him go. The man caught Xander carefully as he began to drop to the floor, his hand clutching unyieldingly on his bow.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t know,” He apologized “I will go grab the school nurse.”

Xander pulled himself up on the man and shook his head. “I should be fine for now. Can I have a hotdog though?”

“Of course,” The man laughed as he went to make Xander’s food after making sure he was ok two more times.

Xander watched a class room from outside the door as he ate the last of his hotdog. A sad smile crept to his face as he saw the teacher with a prosthetic leg. He took an extra moment after finishing his food and the quietly made his way in.

“Now we will learn of Kyudo or the way of the bow, which was originally known as- Xander!” The teacher said shocked.

“Hey professor,” Xander said wearily “I’m back.”

All the students in the room stood from their seats and bowed once they noticed Xander. “You’re alive. What about…”

Xander shook his head. “I was too late; I’ll tell you what happened.” The teacher was about to dismiss his class but Xander shook his head again. “Naw, they should hear this too. It’s better to know early what the life of an Archer is like.” Xander then put his bow on the teacher’s desk. The bow was an asymmetric reflex recurve bow with blue wrapping around a black fiberglass frame. The professor knew immediately whose bow it was. Xander then leaned back against a wall, because sitting was out of the question at the moment, and began.

"I tracked Ashlin to a labyrinth of black stone. The opening arch towered over me and a warm wind seemed to blow from the inside. As I entered I could see blue flames lining walls and pillars of an expansive room. As I walked, I noticed piles of broken black stones The more I walked, the more I noticed the piles scattered here and there. It was only when I examined a pile that I started to catch on. I pulled the remains of a neon blue broadhead from one of the piles and knew that the piles had something to do with Ashlin. I checked a few more piles, and sure enough a few more of them had broken arrows in the rubble. I counted the piles and then started running through the labyrinth following the piles. I knew I had to hurry, if she was still in here, she was running low on arrows. As I ran, I followed the piles and noticed that they seemed to be scattering towards the entrance as if they were chasing her, but were blown back. I ran even faster, and just prayed that she wasn't inside.”

Xander paused for a second and let his head fall back against the wall before swallowing hard. He would not cry here, he was their Archer, their Apollo. He would be the unyielding sun for them, they deserved that much from him. He gripped his fist so tightly, he was sure his dark skin had turned white, and centered himself. After a deep breath he looked back at the students with resolute eyes.

"Praying helps no one. I could hear the sounds of rock smashing against rock echo across the walls with each turn I made. When I made it to the next clearing, I saw Ashlin on one knee surrounded by creatures made of stone. Each of them seemed to wear armor and hold weapons and their heads had the same blue flames lighting their eyes. A giant golem towered over Ashlin, and her bow was locked on to the creature."

"I know he'll chase after me and I won't let you bastards have him," Ashlin said as she locked her sights on the creatures eyes. She had killed so many of these things that she could now see where the gems that powered these creatures sat inside their head. Even with all the smaller creatures around threatening she only saw her target. She was the hunter, and he was her prey. "I am the hunter," She chanted "I am the protector, I am the wild, I am Artemis." She released her arrow and it found its mark perfectly. Rock shot from the back of the creatures head, and as the light of massive golem flickered out it's pieces crashed to the floor. With her mind her own again, she thought she could make out Xander's voice. It was a nice thought, and she took it was a sign that her namesake goddess thought favorably of her actions today.

"Ashlin!" Xander yelled, but he knew she couldn't hear him. As he got closer, he could see the many cuts and the really messed up leg she had. The creatures stabbed out at her and Xander already had arrows flying. Even if his body wouldn't make it, he was sure his spirit would. three arrows took the light from three creatures, and the fourth hit the creatures sword to send it off target. With the sword missing her heart and hitting her shoulder Ashlin cried out in pain, and Xander slammed a flying side kick into the golem's head sending it sprawling across the stone floor. He held Ashlin in his arms, and could feel the many rivers of blood flowing down her body.

Ashlin could feel her life slipping away from her, but found new life when she saw Xander in front of her. "I had a feeling you would be the last thing I saw," Ashlin said weakly a smile touching her face "I wouldn't want it any other way. I am so happy to have spent my life with you. I wish I had told you how I felt, but I was too scared to risk the friendship we had. Thank you for helping me become me. I love you."

Xander couldn't stop his tears as he looked into eyes that saw, but did not really see him. With the tears in his eyes and his family, no his love, in his hands, he didn't see the golem swing his sword at him. Xander's trained reflexes kicked in even when his mind told him to stay and hold Ashlin. He held out his bow in defense, and the sword broke through his thick take down bow and slammed right into his ribs. Xander flew to the ground and slammed his head against the hard floor.

Ashlin went sprawling with Xander and landed on the ground next to him. She was so sleepy, but something told her she had one last job to do before she could rest. With a strength she couldn't feel, she crawled to an arrow that fell from Xander's quiver and loaded it on to her bow. As the golem moved to finish off an unconscious Xander Ashlin's arrow flew as a response. The arrow went through the back of the creatures head and shattered the gem inside of it. As the creature fell, Ashlin crawled her way over to Xander. She placed her head on his chest and smiled when she heard the steady beat of his heart. The sound soothed her and with every beat seemed to take away the pain in her body. She was comfortable, and she finally let sleep overcome her.

"She killed the giant and even killed one more after it destroyed my bow. She." Xander swallowed hard again "She died after. More of the creatures were coming, so I placed her in a safe place, took her bow, drew their attention, and went to finish the job. I was being chased by a mob of them when I made it to a large cut out in the stone that looked like a firing range. The words three as one was written on the back wall in the old script and three targets hung in the air. I loaded three arrows on Ashlin's bow and shot the three targets at the same time from where I was and then fell into the start of the range area. I couldn't breath, and the world around me became white. I thought it was me dying, but a light came from the range and the pure white golems that lined to range came to life and formed a shield circle around me. I pressed the button to send out my prepared flare, and I passed out as the white light started to expand farther out."

"I woke up in a hospital bed in Ke'feet, the town two train rides away, and after a month and some change of recovering I was able to come back here." Xander felt relief and sadness blanket him after he finished. "Professor Jatau, I request to be on the team that purges the new area when the time comes." Xander's eyes were resolute as he grabbed Ashlin's bow and pulled the string back. As he did an arrow of gold flame formed on the bow. "I'm going to kill everything in there."

If you are interested or want to know more let me know. Feel free to hit me up with any idea's you might have I love reading story plots, or any pairings that you want to build a world around. To close here are some ideas I have wanted to build around. Thanks for your time and I hope to hear from you.

*The spell books of magic users are basically the story of their lives, and until they experience that bit of their life the pages are blank.
*World where creatures and give their spirits can give their life force after they die to give abilities.
*Pair has to deal with a creature that can only be killed in a way too specific way.( ie. shot in the head twice with in an upstairs room)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back