• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Hero of Troy

Unlucky Member
I never know how to start these. So….

Let me just tell you a bit about myself and what information I will provide about my role-playing preferences.

I am Axel, and I have been role-playing on and off for about a decade at this point. I am 23, and prefer my partners to be at least 18, but its not a requirement, just let me know ahead of time! I find that I like to limit what topics I can discuss if I am speaking with a minor. Speaking of speaking, I like to do it! I find the best roleplays are ones where you get to know your partner, and not just your partners characters, so expect a fair amount of OOC chatter from me.

I have a super boring job, but my hobbies are history, video games, philosophy, and martial arts; And roleplaying but that seems a tad obvious at this point. I also have a bunch of hobbies that I haven’t done in awhile so if I have some random bit of information that’s super specific to a subject that comes out of nowhere that’s probably why!

As for things I like roleplaying … the list gets long. I tend to do single character and males. This doesn’t mean I won’t double or prefer you not to but my comfort zone is solo perspective. Style wise I tend to pick up my partners idiosyncrasies along the way, so whatever you are comfortable with go for it! This also applies to length. Forced length per post can drag a scene out to almost an annoying degree, so if we are having a very dialogue heavy moment I don’t mind just a small response. This is especially true if we are both in the zone and on at the same time. That said if you are the type that loves every tiny detail written I am totally fine with that. It really depends on how much is communicated in OOC whether it will drag on or not. As for genre I tend to do romance quite a bit, but that’s isn’t a requirement at all!

In summation, my post length is dependent on your preferences and the story's needs. As for frequency, when I am free I can usually churn out a response with detail in 20 minutes, OOC notwithstanding. I don’t have any length or frequency requirements for my partner.

Now, onto the good stuff! I do fandoms, or original settings. I can make ocs or play canon. No limitations on my comforts in that respect. I am going to make a list of fandoms that I know below, and I guarantee I won’t remember them all as I write this so if you don’t see your preferred fandom below but enjoy my style or one of my ideas shoot me the PM anyway, I might know it. Also for the settings portion, as you will read in my ideas section I tend to take themes and settings and cross them on occasion, making them alternate universe style RPs. If you have something like that as an idea let me know!

List of Fandoms: Lord of The Rings, Harry Potter, My Hero Academia, The DC Universe, The Marvel Universe, Naruto, Demon Slayer, Skyrim, World of Warcraft, Dungeons and Dragons and all the different made up fantasy shenanigans that come with it.

List of Settings: Trojan War, Roman era, both late and early, Modern day, Feudal Japan, Medieval Europe, Arthurian Legends, High School, Greek Mythology, Norse Mythology, Crime investigation, Gangs(American, Japanese, Italian), Viking era Britain, Angels/Demons, Either World War, Ancient Greece.

(Theres a bit too many to narrow down and for that I apologize. I for sure didn’t list even close to all the fandoms and settings I am familiar with.)

And now for the fleshed-out ideas portion of the post! These are ideas I have had in my head for awhile that I have a more structured world and setting on. Some feature romance as a core concept, those shall be obvious as you read them though. If any of these are interesting to you, but you don’t particularly like the setting, (Say you like the idea of the trojan war one but would love to replace the characters with some archetype of a different idea) then go right ahead and let me know!

It should be noted that if you have an idea, and like the setting or fandom I listed, feel free to approach me with it. I am not tied to any of these ideas, and will rp almost anything. These are just examples of ideas that I have already made a character and world for, not hard limits on what I will/wont do.

Ideas

Son Of Rome
Fabius Lucinius Vex pledged his life to Rome the moment he saw the legion march through his small town at the edge of Sparta and Athens. As a helot, his family were the workers he lived with, as an orphan of the Aetollian revolution. Under Roman rule, all male citizens were allowed to join the army, with the promise of land after their long service. Sensing his opportunity to leave the life of a slave behind he boarded the first trireme back to the Italian peninsula, to train as a legionnaire. This, is how he found himself in a field army stationed on the edge of Rome's borders. It is here that he is chosen as an envoy to the local leaders to facilitate better relations and secure tribute. It is also here that he meets someone who will not only change his views on Roman rule, but his views on the factions Rome is in opposition to. The field army can be stationed wherever we want it to be, as your character can be from wherever you want them to be. I also am open to the idea of my partners character being a Roman, however certain story beats will need to be altered, which is perfectly acceptable.

A Royal Pain
The late 19th century was a time of evolution, and power struggle. Monarchies were quickly losing their political power and were quickly becoming far more of a social and economic elite than a political elite. This shift often left the nobility in awkward situations where they were now answering to law of common man, and were not making the laws on their lonesome. This empowering of the people made these royals feel quite insecure, and thusly private security as opposed to state sponsored security was a rapidly expanding field. My character is one of these entrepreneurs who has been hired by your family to maintain the peace. There's plenty of story beats that I have in my head for this, so we can discuss that if this premise interests you.

Our Hero Academia
This idea is more open ended, but essentially revolves around the concept of our character being added to 1-A, or at least my character being added. He would be an aggressive but caring young hero, with a strong sense of control. His quirk would be “Frenzy” where the angrier he gets the more he can heal himself, even replacing lost limbs in the blink of an eye, at the cost of his mental faculties. (This character and concept can also be put into a different superpower-esque setting, like the avengers or teen titans for example)

Scruffy
Selling drugs is a business as old as time. So when Daniel was down on his luck in a big city at the toung age of 17 of course he said yes to his friends offer of making some money. How was he supposed to know this would spiral him deep into the criminal underworld? One drug bust and half a year in the slammer and a record. That's all it took to make him part of the world he never thought he would ever be in. Now 25 hes been running drugs and trying to move up in the underworld since he got out.

Taboo
This one can fit multiple settings, but the core concept is one of our characters is on the opposite ends of a conflict, think hero vs villain or opposing nations. The nature of the relationship doesn't have to be romantic.

A Squibs Struggle
The timeline on this is malleable but I was personally thinking either turn of the 19th-20th century pre-Grindelwald or post Voldemort Hogwarts. Muggle studies has always been woefully overlooked within the magical world, and in an attempt to modernize education the faculty of hogwarts decides to accept its first ever Squib as a muggle studies teacher. Your character could be a student or another faculty member. Honestly this concept is more character centric i9n its inspiration so the major conflicts and story beats we can discuss, I just have a character I made that fits this scenario.

Again, I have many more ideas and desires so if you enjoy how I think of ideas shoot me a message and we can make something together!

Last edited:
I'm interested in the Son of Rome storyline and perhaps combining that with the "Taboo" theme-- maybe the female character is directed to investigate what the Romans are doing so far north, or she's considered a "barbarian" by the standards of the Romans.

I quite like the taboo theme and am really into history generally anything from Roman to Tudor but also love mythical history.

Hey, possibly interested in the "Royal Pain" plot line. I'd definitely be interested in discussing that further with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back