• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Rabid_Rabbit

The rabid rabbit bites!
Hey Everyone!
I’m returning to RP and wanted to post a thread for interest – feel free to shoot me a PM if any of this interests you!

Here's a rather long winded profile of myself - feel free to skip down to where I talk about plots or suggest your own; I'm open to any historical fantasy!

I am a world builder. I hunger for immensity and complexity in environments as well as characters - I draw from environments in my posts rather than solely character interactions. For this reason, I write like I am writing a book, and I will often move RPs ahead at blistering paces when there is not much going on. I am not someone who gets bogged down in a scenario if all that would happen is short, clipped dialogue – keep this in mind if you want to focus on active character interactions, you may have to wade through a lot of inner monologue and exposition to get to only a few spoken lines.

I have the ‘free for all’ rule on side characters – both roleplayers have joint control of side characters and their actions. Powerplay is pretty non-existent in my roleplays – I actively encourage people to assume my characters are doing things in their posts as we advance a story; after all, if we’re jointly writing a narrative, then you’re going to have a lot of freedom with what’s happening.

I play lots of characters, I like to have one or two that main and then a few more that are always around or in contact in some way or another – you don’t have to, but it’s how I do. I have found I work best with people who main a fair few as well, but I am perfectly OK if you want to have only one main and explore them in more detail - it is a heads up that you will have to juggle me using several though. I also tend to have my characters come in pairs, but I don't necessarily double - sometime through a RP one will sideline while the other mains.

I play nearly exclusively m/f playing male, and I generally would prefer to keep it that way, but I really feel the need to point out I am not your wish fulfilment. I work very hard to create living, breathing characters that have wide variations from generically attractive mains and don’t work well to be immediately thrown into predetermined romantic plots – I have had it happen where we’ve plotted around one of my characters being in love with another character only for a completely different story to unfold, and I don't want to shut that down early in the plot.

On that note however – I love romance! It’s fun to watch characters develop feelings for one another and see how it changes their depth and perspective. But that’s the key word – develop. I am a huge aficionado of the slow burn – of the inner turmoil and excitement and fear as characters grow closer and – as it often happens in plots – are kept apart. If our characters have chemistry, sure they’re now embroiled in a torrid love affair as they save the day, but it isn’t necessarily my core goal.

And a couple of mechanical things – my posts are usually 600-1200 words, I write a fair bit and really try to be engaging while I do so, but my grammar isn’t the best. There’s going to be sentence fragments and typos and I usually try very hard to edit them but I will miss the occasional one, so I must apologise.

I have no limits, but I’ll mark a rp with mature just to cover myself. If gore or violence are things you feel uncomfortable with please let me know.

Also, I have noticed a key to a successful RP is LOTS of OOC banter – chances are from my first post I am going to be throwing ideas out there (I call it ‘spitballing’ and it’s all about ideas that my partner is free to shoot down) about what’s going to happen short and long-term in the RP, I find this helps us both keep in mind what we’re RPing towards, so we don’t get kind of confused and wander off into the purgatory of stagnant RP – I also love to PM and plot with people too, often before I post to get the OK with RP directions, so let me know what works best for you and I’ll communicate accordingly.

This is always a fun thing I like to mention, even if it does make me sound like a twit. Nearly all of my medieval fantasy characters exist in the same canon, and depending on where our story falls on the timeline they will be dramatically affected by other RPs both on this board and from other places, this doesn’t really affect how we RP, it’s just one of those things that I do (again!).

Settings and influences/plot ideas etc.

Having now played games and generally refilled my inspiration tanks, I have some plots I'd like to do! I am also very open to suggestions and would love to hear yours, so if nothing tickles your fancy here, please hit me up.

Overrun by a horrendous, wasting madness, a motley of people has been haphazardly slapped together to infiltrate and report back to a kingdom on the horrifying goings on of a city - what has been found? The desperate ravings of a madman? Perhaps an unlucky town whose path was tread by a single infected? Or maybe someone crossed the wrong magical being.

I am very into the idea of using Lovecraft as an inspiration, be it in a Victorian setting or even way back into Medieval. I like the idea of things coming from beyond the cosmos or even our own perception of time, and slowly eating away into a mass of madness. I like to go high fantasy on these; I want to hear about greenhouses full of otherworldly moonflowers and entire cities that now glow and pulse with living alien tissue growing where bricks and mortar once was. I think this would really lend itself well to people who have been made to live amongst such a horrible world, their families and lives as they try to find a way to survive within such horror and insanity.

I like to play high fantasy, but I want the environment to be tense and atmospheric. Places of beauty should be few and far between, and really grind on the psyche of my characters. If you have played games such as Dark Souls, Lords of the Fallen, Bloodborne, or read the late Harry Potter books where things are going bad fast, the constant theme of sadness in A Series of Unfortunate Events or the overwhelming and anxiety-inducing scale of the big, evil, bad in the Lord of the Rings you will know where most of my inspiration is coming from.

I am also very interested in coming up with a more flexible RP plot that fits more of your ideas! Hit me with whatever you like.

If you like the sound of any of this, have your own ideas or just want to throw some characters into a scenario and see how they go shoot me a PM! I really want to do some more RPing while I got time so let's have a chat :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back