• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for advanced, long-term partners for gritty plots

hadal

Hey all, I'm a 20 year old female college student, currently on summer break. As my summer research fell through, I've been left with little to do but write and entertain myself with odd projects. I'm looking for a RP partner to create a rich and immersive world with. I've been roleplaying for about 11 years, and am very detail-oriented, have a passion for world-building, and a penchant for gritty stories. The characters I create, according to me at least, are complex, multi-faceted, and well developed. They can be a bit angsty at times, but not excessively so. I play as males and females, any age, and any gender pairing. I'm really craving at least one fxf pairing right now though, and love LGBT+ characters in general. And like millions of other people across the world, I'm locked up in my house pretty much all the time, so I'm really craving a RP wherein our characters go on an epic journey. I want them to travel across the frozen tundra, perilous mountain tops, and deadly deserts. Maybe our characters encounter mythical beasts, ancient spirits, venomous snakes, or hallucinogenic plants along the way. The possibilities are endless!

I may end up adding more plots and pairings to the list, and I would love to hear some ideas of your own. I'm open to a wide range of ideas, but hopefully my plots & pairings will offer you some insight into what I'm interested in. As you can probably tell, I like dealing with dark and heavy themes. And while I don't really have any limits, I don't want everything to be incredibly angsty and macabre all the time. I aim to create dynamic worlds and characters, so don't want to rely too heavily on any one theme.

I'm interested in modern, fantasy, cyberpunk, and sci-fi RPs. I like creating worlds based off those seen in Star Wars, LOTR, Avatar the Last Airbender, and Game of Thrones. This being said, I generally do OC (aside from with Star Wars) and I'd prefer it if we'd create our own worlds. So if you're looking for a fantasy or sci-fi RP, please be willing to engage in a lot of world building. Bonus points if you are down to double up on characters! This is not a requirement, but I find that doubling (tripling... quadrupling...), or at least adding background characters, helps create a richer story.

I'm not a very demanding partner. I except a high level of literacy and detail, but am lax about response rates. It'd be ideal if you could reply a few times a week, but if you can't that's okay. Tell me if you won't be able to respond for awhile. I typically write between 200-1000 words. I'm not a stickler about word count. Don't throw in a bunch of purple prose just to create a long post. Don't give me just one meager paragraph in reply, either. I prefer two paragraphs at the very least, but the RP will demand different post lengths at different points. Aside from that, please be over 18 years old and use realistic face claims. I personally love using realistic character design art for FCs.

Comment/PM if interested! I RP over Discord and PM. If you're not interested in any of my plots, share some of your own!

My preferred roles are bolded.

1. Forbidden Knowledge: Archeologist x mercenary

A mysterious and wealthy individual hires a Muse a, an archeologist, and Muse b, a mercenary, for an expedition to find a long-lost treasure. While the true nature and identity of the treasure is unknown, it is rumored to contain the knowledge of ancient and powerful spirits. Eager to uncover the treasure’s secrets, Muse a jumps on the patron’s offer, asking nothing of his intentions. For Muse b, the treasure holds a different allure – the promise of great wealth. During the long and grueling journey, the eccentric archeologist and the gruff mercenary will have to overcome their considerable differences in order to survive and uncover the treasure. But upon finding the treasure, they discover its destructive nature and the patron’s evil intentions.

Notes: I would love to explore the existence of magic and the spirit world in this. I basically imagine this story as an epic journey, inspired by the likes of Avatar the Last Airbender and Lord of the Rings.

2.The Hunted: Fugitive x farmer

Muse a, a farmer, is down on her luck. Her husband has passed away and she faces constant threats of extortion from the local militia/outlaws. Struggling to make ends meet and desperate for some help around the farm, she allows weary traveler, Muse b, into her home. In exchange for shelter and food, Muse b works. Little does Muse a know, Muse b is a dangerous fugitive. Over the course of the next few months, the two develop a close and intimate relationship. Having developed a soft spot for Muse a, Muse b is desperate to hide his/her criminal past. But when the militia/outlaws swing by the farm to take Muse a for what little money she has left, Muse b is forced to make a decision: defend the farmer at the risk of revealing his/her true identity or cower away.

Notes: We can do a number of different variations on the time and setting, but this definitely has Old West themes. I'm open to different pairings, but would LOVE for this to be fxf.

3. The Last Stand: Rebel leader x imprisoned enemy war criminal

The rebels have scored a major victory in their fight against the Empire (this name is a stand in, can be changed) – they have captured Muse a, the emperor’s most valuable asset and personal attack dog. A finely tuned killing machine, Muse a is personally responsible for hundreds, if not thousands of rebel deaths. More myth than man, the very mention of this killer strikes fear in the hearts of the masses. But Muse a has a complicated past – trained as a killer since childhood, Muse a has only ever known this life of fear and death. Can they be redeemed?

Muse b is the respected and feared rebel leader who personally oversaw the capture of Muse a. Having suffered deeply at the hands of the Empire, Muse b is uncompromising and is willing to do anything to win the war. Muse b intends to keep Muse a alive (but just barely?), for Muse a is a valuable resource that can be exploited to win the war. But as the battles wear on, Muse a and Muse b grow disillusioned by the war and discover that humanity can be found even in the most bitter of enemies.

Notes: I imagine that the characters have some sort of “superpowers”, like the Force or fire/water/earth/air bending.

4. The Long Way Back: Wife x husband/soldier

Taken prisoner of war in Afghanistan and long believed dead, a soldier returns home to his wife after 8 or so years. His death broke her, sending her into a depressive, near suicidal spiral. But after years of suffering, she gathered together the pieces of her shattered past and rebuilt herself and moved on. She has married, had a child or two, and found a fulfilling career. Finally, she is happy. But that joy and stability is disrupted as her former husband, a broken, traumatized, and disturbed man, knocks on her door.

Themes: Identity, trauma, the purpose and meaning of suffering, war, torture, lost love, ect.

5. Insurrection: Rebel x Captured prince/ss

The revolution has arrived. Society has slipped into chaos and civil war, and embittered by their poverty and suffering, the people demand a new government and the death of the old royal family. Muse A, a hardened revolutionary and a member of one of the most deadly and brutal militias, hunts down and captures Muse B, the prince/ss, who has spent months on the run, trying to escape the fatal hand of the revolution. Muse A must lead Muse B to his/her execution in the capital city, but first they must cross hundreds of miles of harsh, war-torn terrain.

6. The Great Disappearing: Earthling x Illyrian

In a dystopian future, where planets across the galaxy are ripe for the taking, Earth and the planet Illyria wage war for control of the galaxy. Spies and assassins stalk enemy planets, and the plague of Earth and Illyria's war has reached all corners and crevices of the galaxy. As the governments of Earth and Illyria pursue galactic dominance, regular people suffer, dying by bullets and bombs, famine and pestilence. More disturbing still, people are vanishing. They are snatched from the streets and their homes and offices, never to be seen again. Fearing retribution and terrified of the true nature of these disappearances, ordinary citizens don't question the government's nefarious and mysterious deeds. But Muse A, a vigilante from Earth, aims to discover where these people are going and what is being done to them. While serving a stint in an Illyrian SuperMax prison for hacking the Illyrian Central Bank , Muse A meets Muse B, an Illyrian prison guard who has some questions and moral dilemmas of their own. Muse B was kicked out of the Illyrian police force for asking too many questions about the government's ties to the criminal underworld, and finds an unlikely friend in Muse A. Muse B helps Muse A break out from prison, and they work together to expose their governments' deeds and perhaps start a galactic revolution in the process. But of course, they must elude capture from dangerous agents from both Earth and Illyria.

7. To Begin Again: Former assassin x wealthy son/daughter

A young assassin, seeking to escape the business of murder, sails halfway across the globe. As he/she looks to build a new life in a strange country, a powerful family searches for a deadly guard to protect them from their enemies. The assassin lands the job, and works as the personal guard to the family's son/daughter. These two spend virtually all their time together. How will they navigate their strange relationship and starkly different backgrounds?

8. Jockey x gambler

Down on his luck, a jockey finds himself dragged into the criminal world of a gambler. Don’t have any specific ideas for this, open to suggestions.

9. Artsy hippie x rigid nerd

This could go a number of different ways, but I imagine that this is set on a college campus in the US or Britain during the hippie movement of the 60s and 70s. It could be interesting to have the students coming from opposite sides of the Cold War. For instance, the hippie is American, while the nerd is Russian.

10. Prison escapee/refugee/peasant x exiled Prince/princess

I don’t have any specific ideas for this, but I see this taking place in a fantasy (space fantasy?) setting. We could definitely double up on this and create some badass squad that goes on perilous journeys and fights the evils of the universe.

11. Brainwashed assassin x Detective

Don't have any specific ideas for this, but I see this in a cyberpunk setting.

Some Star Wars stuff:
12. Sith apprentice x Jedi apprentice
13. Sith x Rebel -- set during the time of the Empire
14. Imperial x Rebel
15. Dark!Anakin x Obi-Wan or Padme -- during The Clone Wars, Anakin was raised as a Sith.

Last edited:
Hello! I'm very interested in doing The Hunted or a Star Wars plot. I don't have a preference on which plot but a Sith apprentice x Jedi apprentice does sound very interesting especially with the idea of a female sith.

I actually have a bit of a plot idea for a RP about an epic journey. It's probably better for a group RP, but we could try it 1x1.

I actually have a bit of a plot idea for a RP about an epic journey. It's probably better for a group RP, but we could try it 1x1.
Tell me about it over PMs? If it's better for group RPs, we can always double up.

Your plots are perfection, I'm interested particularly in The Great Disappearing plot I'd love to flesh it out with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back