• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Looking for a long term RP partner and friend!!!(18+)

pumpkin-pie

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Recently, role-playing has been unsatisfying. I can't seem to find a partner who is as into it as I am. Someone who will put the effort into creating believable characters and getting to know my OC, exploring their content and powers in detail. That's what I'm looking for in a dream partner: one who is willing to invest their time in bringing our characters to life, getting to know each other, and building out a fun little world together! I'm also willing to do the same in return; ask about their abilities and powers. I really want our Fictional babies to have a relationship!! ♡

So in note, please have a OC or character in mind. I'm more into creating the plots around the characters, not the other way around. Like a character driven story with a cool setting. I even consider our characters are more important than the setting itself. The setting could be changed but the core of our characters are less likely to do so. I want you to play the character you care about and I wanna play who I care about. It doesn't have to be finished, drawn nor perfect. My OC is far from done, but that's the whole idea behind this prompt! Helping each other build our characters!

If you don't want to play an OC, that's alright with me! I'm open to any kind of character. Even if I have no background knowledge on your character, I'm willing to learn about them through conversation.(Or watching or playing the series they're in) It may seem like a lot of work, but as long as we're both working towards the same goals, it shouldn't be overwhelming. I don't expect a reply every day - usually one to four a week depending on how big our messages are. We can also take breaks because we're all adults here with jobs and stuff. (you must be 18+ to RP with me).

As an artist myself, I would love to draw our characters together and maybe even make a comic! If you're an artist as well, let's collaborate and help each other out with tips and tricks!!

This sounds more of a best friend Search then a RP search, lol. I'm serious, OOC discussion is pretty high here. I'll be more then happy just to have someone to talk to about my OC(s) with. However, if we become friends, then the roleplaying could last significantly longer! ^^ YAY!!!!

I'll share my OC stuff in the DM.
--------
Edited update important:

Over time I've noticed that there are really important RP preferences that seem to be make or break deals for many role players. And some of the preferences do effect who I role play as. My older post doesn’t have enough transparency to understand my background, so I feel like it's necessary to explain it. To save you the time and questions.

1) I don't follow gender pairings becuase I have only one character. My early days of role-playing I only role-played as canon characters. Now I am finally open to playing a character that I have worked very hard to create over the last few years.(and still not finished, lol) I'm not comfortable changing their gender, and I'm not comfortable to make a different gender OC just on the fly. So forgive me for having a distaste for Gender pairing; It's a personal thing. It's not even like I'm not interested in having a male OC. It's more of the fact making characters is hard work, needs a lot of time for me to love them and get to know them. If your interested in making a male OC with me. No matter how long it takes then sure. I'm open to MXM or MXF RP. It could be a nice bonding creation. But for now, I'm only playing a female character. As for my preferences gender pairings? I do not care; I want you to play who you want to play. Gender is only important to me if there's romance in the plot.( even so my OC is kinda bi so...gender doesn't really matter.) And romance for me is optional. I care more about age range then gender honestly. I'm very lgbtq friendly!

Speaking of even though I'm playing a female OC. I think I need to share a little bit more things that could be a make it or break it. I didn't want to put in too much to discourage character discussion (Also the fact I'm shy to share it in public), but It's cool. My OC is female, She's African American, her age rage can be around 22 to 27. Her default age is 23, but I might be open with her being 19 to 20 if your OC can't legally drink, aka yours being 19 to 20.(You need to be 21 to drink in the US). She has powers but she still technically human. I'm open to species swaps au (Not human race/human skin Swap) Becuase I fucking love mythical species, talking animals, monsters and so on. I'm not drawn to anything that is too lifelike and rooted in history. So her design isn't natural; off-color hair and whimsical design choices.

I'm 25 years old and also African American, if that's not okay with you then we can't RP. Please don't force me to make a new character or edit them. That's my choice.

2) Your character. Just like how I want you to be an adult. Have your OC as an adult as well. Above 19 please, 17 or lower will make me feel uncomfortable. 18 is kinda off putting but it's fine. I've also learn that there are role players who make their OC(s) during plotting and doesn't have a OC on hand. As in, not really having a long term character. I'm not sure if I'm the right partner for you. My dream is for our OCs to bond. Like become long term and cannon; likes months to years(I hope). If I know you made this character just for the RP..it gives me a disposable character feeling like you don't really care; which sucks. However, I'll still give you a chance! It could become something special and long term, Or your very talented and make interesting OC just like that! Creating your beloved OC starts somewhere! Just please put in real effort into creating the character. If you need help of course, I'll try to help!

3)Frist impressions are important. This sounds like I'm being too rigid, but it's actually for a good reason. I'm an adult who wants to make friends; I don't want to be friends with kids. And the easiest way to prove to me your not a child is to message me with more than a few words. Please give me your preferred Name, age(you can say 18+ if you don't want to share), tell me a little about yourself, whatever your open to sharing and your OC/character. Plus questions, and other things you believe I should know. This will not only let me know you read this but also help me know you're not a child. I will ignore you if you don't do this.

So quick run down:

- I don't do Character A and Character B's plots(unless we can edit them to be in character.). Becuase I'm character driven, I need to know the characters to make the plot. If your not a character person but more of a plot person. Then I might not be for you.

-I can't do double at the moment becuase I have one character. I'm open to make a new character but I could use a little bit of help or at least I need to warm up to them. Which could take time. This doesn't count for background/one off characters. I can clearly play throw away characters easy.

-There's no set setting/Scenario ideas becuase both of us would be talking about it together.

-OOC talk and plotting is a BIG requirement.

Thank you for reading.
-----

Having similar tastes can increase the likelihood of friendship. So, I should share my preferences!!! Though it doesn't mean I'm only limited to these genres.

I'm into Science fiction horror, Supernatural horror, Body horror, futuristic ,modern fantasy, Dark fantasy, Science fantasy, Dystopia, Fantasy and Supernatural Adventure, Animal fantasy, Animal Adventure, Isekai and MUCH MORE!!!!

I'm not drawn to anything that is too lifelike and rooted in history. I don't mind if your original character art style is more realistic, but my taste and art style lean more towards the cartoonish end of things or something similar to anime. So when it comes to the RP, my ideas or RP elements would lean towards more imaginary, whimsical or weird. I like a bit of realism in stories to make them more impactful, but not so much that it becomes too realistic.

Something like Unicorn Wars, paprika (2006), Coraline(2009), Yo-kai Watch, Goosebumps, Gregory horror show, Animal Crossing, My little Pony G4, Junji Ito's work, Bojack Horseman, The Good Place, Most Black Mirror EPs...Just to give you an idea to what I'm talking about. I love me some oddness~!!!!!

I can't wait to meet you guys!!!!!!

Last edited:
This intrigues me! I love fantasy roleplays and have been designing a royal oc, I need to make a more in debth form for her but I'd love to discuss the possibilities of a fantasy rp if you'd like, it can even include the supernatural aspects and alike ! I'd love to here your ideas on your end!

This intrigues me! I love fantasy roleplays and have been designing a royal oc, I need to make a more in debth form for her but I'd love to discuss the possibilities of a fantasy rp if you'd like, it can even include the supernatural aspects and alike ! I'd love to here your ideas on your end!
Oh How wonderful!!! I'll message you right now!!!

Hi , first thing first i almost forgot i was reading your bio and not some story, so honestly i just found this site and i dont have OC but i would take my time to make one, i am from Europe but i work usualy till midnight and do stay up late "time i send this its around 4:40 am" so i think our time diffrence shouldnt be a problem. I Dont know much about this site but as i see You are. IM ready to learn and get more in dept with everything. As for my background i moved citys almost every 3 years and i got loads of real life expirences and adventures. I watched loads of animes before and when i saw you do iseaki i cant say i was happy that IM at end of your bio and last words are better and better hahaha. I was looking for someone to rp before on talktostranges but must of tham just turn it into sex scences. Loongest i found someone to rp was 7 days but after that thay had to do lots of work for school so i was getting barely few msg a week. So if you dont mind a "amateur" like me and ready to be patient if i dont know something i would be glad as i was looking at other posts for hour and couldnt find anything that suits me. I hope You get back to me soon so i know if i need to look at another place. If not feel free to ask anything and il answer as soon as i can. Have a nice Day.

hi hi!! im interested. i tend to go insane with character-driven plots and i'm very passionate about worldbuilding (my idea of rping is more discussions of concepts and plot than Actually RPing lol), so i think we'd be a good match. no collaboration and whatnot tends to burn me out, so i'm glad we share the frustration of feeling like we're carrying the entire world on our backs lol. do you have discord? i'm _corridorri_ on there and i tend to be more active talking ooc. if not, though, talking here in DMs is just fine. i have a bunch of ideas i'd like to share over dm/discord and we can get started from there.

hi hi!! im interested. i tend to go insane with character-driven plots and i'm very passionate about worldbuilding (my idea of rping is more discussions of concepts and plot than Actually RPing lol), so i think we'd be a good match. no collaboration and whatnot tends to burn me out, so i'm glad we share the frustration of feeling like we're carrying the entire world on our backs lol. do you have discord? i'm _corridorri_ on there and i tend to be more active talking ooc. if not, though, talking here in DMs is just fine. i have a bunch of ideas i'd like to share over dm/discord and we can get started from there.
Il msg you on discord , i belive it would be more effective

I saw "body horror" and immediately thought of an oc I made some time back that I would love to bring out of stasis...color me intrigued!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back