• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
The Beginning

SilverFeathers

Ruler of the Sky
Vaguely follows on from the thread [Isekai Hell] A Saviour & Student.

Cast & Goals:
  • Ninelle (#54d1b0)
    • Destroy the Plaguebearer of Lodeli
    • Retrieve Deacon Masa's lost son
    • Fulfill her agreement with Deacon Masa
  • Deliverence (#FFFACD)
    • Further his reputation as a researcher of the Ethereal
    • Study the space-distorting and Ethereal properties of Plaguebearing Hearts
full
Every now and then, it would beat; that gnarled orb of twisted magic and golden hunger. As it sent a frigid pulse of mana through its connected trunks, branches and vines, a vivid blue glow was visible, coursing through its network like a living, breathing being.

The golden glow that burned in its core roared like flames, but if one wandered closer they'd find no hint of warmth, as if it's flickering vitality was all just a mirage. Somehow, the bright orange hues only made its surroundings seem more lifeless and cold in comparison, as the only speck of a futile, warming colour in this otherwise dim grove.

The feeble glow from the dead, dangling mushrooms that once shone colourfully, and from the tree-embedded crystals encased by thick sheets of ice, barely illuminated a thing. But due to their great numbers, littered throughout the clearing like weeds, the many meagre, icy blue lights shimmered and dangled collectively like a wintry wonderland.

Soft snowflakes fell gently from the canopies, cascading and colliding haphazardly as they materialized out of seemingly nowhere.

But if one looked closer, there was only more strangeness.

The central area was frozen over, almost entirely, with little greenery left uncovered by ice and snow. But only a few metres away, the scenery was haphazard, as if someone had randomly painted ice and snow over the otherwise luscious and bright greenery. Icicles dripped from flowers without a hint of ice on its petals, snow embedded itself into the trunks of trees in splattered patterns and a frozen flower lay perfectly still against its unfrozen and lively neighbour.

It was a very strange sight.

But perhaps more than that, was a very out of place item of clothing. Laid on the lone tree stump by the center of the clearing, was a single boot. It was beautifully white and pristine, its colour visible even whilst lightly submerged in snow. What was most concerning however, was that this boot was clearly made to fit a child, and there was no child in sight.

Time: Evening?
Weather: Gentle snowstorm, windy, frosty air
Ninelle (#54d1b0)

A tiny fairy-winged figure fluttered by the dangling frozen lights, causing them to collide with each other inadvertently. Cascading, they played a melodiously sweet but slightly eerie tune amidst the backdrop of silence, reminiscent of a siren's warning song.

"Where could he be? How could there be no sign of him?" Ninelle spoke aloud in exasperation, bringing a hand to her head from all the stress.

As much as it was strange to voice her thoughts out loud, amidst the silence of the woods, her mutterings were a little relieving. She couldn't help but continue to do so to fill the silence, and ease the ominousness from the complete lack of living life that surrounded her. "Please be fine..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Deliverance

Mentions: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers
Languages: Common | [Terran] | {Sylvan}

After his little trip into those strange ruins in Aslan and getting his plants sorted, he realised he was closer to the See's borders than the thought he was. So... he figured he might as well go the whole way there. It was technically his 'home' country, even though he'd never been there. He thought his parents might've been born here? Or at least his grandparents. Either way, he'd arrived, hoping to learn a few things more about the infamous magic of his fellow Fae.

Naturally, that mean he didn't let a chance to go study a 'Plaguebearing Heart' go. After all, a space-distorting entity? If there was any way to learn how to reach the Ethereal, it was through studying such things. It's why he brushed off some warnings about it being dangerous. He'd gotten his magic down fairly well now, so surely he'd be alright.

To his surprise, the Heart was far easier to find than he expected. He was prepared for some long, arduous journey through the forests, hampered by magical effects and whatnot. Instead, he sort-off just walked straight up to it. It almost made him rethink the existence of the goddess of luck. Either way, he shivered. This thing was making the area pretty cold. For a second, he wondered if they could be adapted into air-conditioning. One of the luxuries he missed from his past life.

That wasn't his goal, however, as he was here to study. He placed down his suitcase and started to take out some of his instruments. He didn't need a way to measure the temperature to know it was unnaturally cold, but other things he wanted to check. If these distorted space, did they also distort gravity? The magnetic field? A compass should help figure that out. He did notice the clothing and boot, but that wasn't his primary concern right now. He also thought, for a moment, he heard someone talk in the distance, but he didn't really spot anyone at a quick glance, so he figured it was just a trick of the mind. Besides, he'd best hurry up, lest some of his equipment might get damaged from the cold.

Ninelle (#54d1b0)

As one used to nothing but silence in these woods, only broken by the intermittent beats of the heart, Ninelle was acutely aware as soon as the stranger made his entrance. Eyeing him from behind the frozen chandeliers with peculiarity, she watched as he... started to unpack his suitcase? W-was that a compass? What were those other things? What on earth was this guy doing? The stranger very much seemed human, but she had seen many shapeshifters and secret fae in her time in the Fae See, so she had her doubts. They were at war with her homeland, the very human Otenzian Empire after all.

Considering he seemed like no fae hunter, nor some sort of ungodly summon of the plaguebearing heart, she steadied her heart and ventured closer. "You..." The fairy began at a loss, watching him use his research instruments without any other care in the world. "A-aren't you cold?" She blurted out subconsciously, before realizing that was 100% not the question she should have started with.

"Erm, I mean, what are you doing here?" She questioned curiously as her thoughts wondered. Deacon Masa had already announced to the people of Winchelli about the matter of the Plaguebearing Heart, and was waiting for her to deal with it before allowing folk to resume their work and activities here. So what on earth was this guy doing here? Didn't this guy know it was dangerous to stay so close to such a thing for too long? However, his calmness and routine-like actions made her think he was not so ignorant.

"Were you sent here by the deacon by chance?" She added on after a moment's pause, examining the fellow carefully. The gaze behind her mask couldn't help but be drawn to the stranger's ears, and the scars that covered them, leaving her to ponder their origins as she awaited his response.

Deliverance

Mentions: Ninelle SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

He was rather surprised when someone called out to him. Even more so by her question. Even for him, that seemed like an odd thing to ask first. After all, the answer was obvious. “Yes, I am.” How could he not be? Things were freezing here. Then again, the one he was speaking too was tiny. As in, he had trouble spotting where her voice had even been coming from tiny. Perhaps her tiny size made her not feel temperatures and she simply wished to know if it was safe to fly here? Possibly. Either way, he discarded the thought.

Her next question was a bit more familiar. He'd explained his research many times over, after all. “I'm a scholar of the Ethereal, so I'm studying the space-distorting elements of this Plague-bearing Heart to see if doing so might give me more insight into the Ethereal realm itself. Right now, I'm hoping to affirm whether or not the magnetic field is altered as well, but I'm afraid some of my tools are getting too cold to function properly.” He spoke, not holding back on adding some details. This was his passion, after all.

That said, he shook his had when she mentioned a deacon. “I've never even met a deacon before.” He said, as he got sort-off curious. “No offence, but you are a Fae, right?” The wings suggested as much, but she was masked and all that, so he wasn't entirely sure. “It's my first visit to the See, so I've yet to learn the magic and customs here.” He stated, figuring that'd be enough to explain his situation, as he turned his attention back towards his tools. Perhaps if he'd warm some of them with his hands, they'd work better? It was worth a shot.

Ninelle (#54d1b0)

Hearing him respond so stoically to her first question made her scratch her head a little out of embarrassment. Oh dear, did he think she was dumb? That probably wasn't a good impression to make with her hero status, as she was once again reminded of the huge shoes she had to fill. Fortunately at least, the stranger didn't seem to pay it much heed, his face barely changing expression as he moved onto the next topic.

"A scholar? I see... This plaguebearing heart is indeed a bit of an outlier compared to previously documented occurrences." Ninelle pondered thoughtfully, not doubting his words. Listening to his dilemma, she felt she had to mentally applaud his dedication, running all the way here to research this thing without even proper winter or defensive gear. She was no better, rushing out as soon as she heard a child's life could be at stake, but perhaps because of this, her mind wondered towards any prior observations she had that could be of any use to such a dedicated researcher.

"Hm, it might be a bit hard to notice as a land-dweller, but if you look closely at the air... can you see how the snowstorm stops and starts in different places? I'm not sure if it helps, but it might be useful to investigate those invisible borders." Ninelle advised lightly with a pointed finger towards the air. She was no researcher, but she had been here for while, so she thought she'd try and give him a bit of a head start or helping hand.

Noting that he hadn't met the deacon, she nodded peculiarly at his next question. "Yes, I am. What about you?" She questioned curiously, her mask tilting subconsciously towards his ears once again. "Your first visit? And the first thing you do is run straight towards a plaguebearing heart?" She couldn't help but burst into gentle laughter at the absurdity of it all. The Fae See has so many amazing natural sights and landmarks, and the first thing this fellow did was pursue his research? Truly, an amusingly dedicated fellow.

Deliverance

He nodded, at Ninelle's words. Truth be told, he didn't know about many other documented occurrences yet, but that wasn't his priority either. He wasn't a historian, after all. He was just here to learn about the space-distorting elements of this particular one. That said, he was a bit surprised when she suddenly pointed out the snowstorm borders. “A keen observation.” He complimented her, before taking out his catalyst and chanting a few words, using his [Magic Appraisal] on all suspected elements nearby. Those being; [1] The Plague-bearing Heart itself, [2] one of the branches connected to it, [3] the 'border' zones between snow and snow-less air, [4] the tree-embedded crystals, [5] one of the frozen flowers next to the unfrozen ones. It was a little random, but he figured that'd be a good place to start.

Magic Appraisal D – Magic D, Magic Range F, Magic Targets F, Appraisal E, Academia F, Arcana F, Focus F, Sixth Sense [Spirit] F – Character uses magic to appraise up to 5 targets within 30 ft, with a special focus on arcana and academic elements. - Grade D – 2 Post Cooldown.

He wasn't surprised when she asked him what he was in turn. He didn't have many Fae-like qualities left to him, other than his magic, after all. “I am as well.” He didn't feel the need to add more, as she hadn't done so either. That said, her follow-up question confused him. “Yes.” He replied, pausing for long enough to make it seem that's where he'd end, but then adding one more sentence. “It is the most likely place at which to further my research.”

Perhaps he should return the favour? He wasn't great at these things, but from what he'd gathered, normally you just had to ask the same question back at the person to be polite. “What brought you here?” There. That should do it. He'd fulfilled his social obligation.

Last edited:
Magic Appraisal D: Results (Magic D, Magic Range F, Magic Targets F, Appraisal E, Academia F, Arcana F, Focus F, Sixth Sense [Spirit] F)
  • Plaguebearing Heart
    • Deliverence was not able to decipher the titles of the plaguebearing heart, indicating that its rank was higher than the grade of his appraisal. Naturally, due to this, the information he could gleam about the heart itself was more limited than the other targets. He was only able to gleam that the core itself contained a scary amount of magical energy, with a vague, but potent connection to a frigid plane he was unable to pinpoint.
  • One of the branches connected to the Plaguebearing Heart
    • Following its branches however, he could gleam that each frigid pulse of energy sent through its network was not random. Rather, it seemed to be a form of communication, or a language of sorts, similar to morse code with the timings and magic stored in each pulse. Who or what the heart was communicating with however, remained undecipherable, with each pulse following the train of branches and roots until they were out of sight.
  • The 'border' zones between snow and snow-less air / One of the frozen flowers next to the unfrozen ones
    • Deliverence would discover that the border zones, in between both the snowstorm and the frozen flowers, are reminiscent of portal magic. These invisible portals in particular are highly numerous in number, scattered throughout the clearing, and very thin. Examining closer, he'd discover their haphazardness, with the spells/magic causing these portals incomplete or messy. Just by manoeuvring his mana nearby, he could likely greatly affect these portals.
  • The tree-embedded crystals
    • As the glow crystals are native features of Lodeli, they did not particularly have any interesting ethereal traits. However, Deliverence could figure out that these crystals illuminate by naturally absorbing the natural mana/magic around them, converting it into light due to some sort of internal mana-converting mineral.
Ninelle (#54d1b0)

Ninelle hadn't laughed like this in a while; freely and without a care in the world. By now, the fairy was too used to the cunning or charming faces of the fae that sought to constantly test and appraise her. She could understand their worries, as she was a non-native fae hero, but it didn't change the fact that it was all very tiring. Mildly refreshed, Ninelle subtly lifted her mask and wiped a stray tear as she recovered, before speaking again.

"Quite the fae of few words I see." She smiled understandingly, not at all offended by his curt answers. Instead, she amusedly watched him continue on without a care in the world at her presence, as he mechanically brought out a jade amulet and immediately continued to investigate the various strange happenings in the clearing. Slowly however, she was soberly brought back to reality as the stranger brought the question back to herself. It took her a moment to figure out how to phrase things, but she began her reply soon enough.

"Unfortunately, I'm here to destroy the thing you want to research." She smiled a little sheepishly, twiddling her thumbs. "I'm sure you are aware, but plaguebearing hearts are dangerous existences, slowly eroding the resources and livelihoods of many. So it must be gotten rid of." The fae explained slowly and gently, but her tone made it clear that she had no plans to leave the plaguebearing heart alive, despite the other fae's stated purpose.

"I was dispatched by Deacon Masa of Winchelli for this reason." She continued, before her gaze moved over to the white boot on the tree stump, leading her to flutter towards it. "I was also tasked with finding someone, a child, if you've happened to see him. But at this rate, I feel I should just deal with the plaguebearing heart first before venturing deeper inside Lodeli for him..." She trailed off in thought, vaguely worried that she may never be able to find the child at all.

"So, um, I'm sorry to interfere with your... uh, Ethereal research? But do you think researching it as a corpse will still be helpful?" Changing the topic to ease that train of thought, she returned to the scholar's side and inquired his thoughts on the matter directly.

Deliverance

He was quickly drawing in quite the load of information. As expected, there wasn't too much on the main 'subject', but that didn't matter too much. He'd not expected things to be that easy. Instead, he was glad he already got as much from the rest of the environment.

That said, he'd look at his company with a bit of a puzzling look. Just what was so funny about this situation? He didn't get it. Apparently the fact that he didn't speak much was hilarious? Peculiar. That should mean it'd be even funnier if he just remained silent, yet that never made anyone laugh. He shook his head. This was all just distracting him from his research.

A frown formed when she casually told him she wanted to destroy the Plague-bearing Heart. That wasn't good. He was wondering what his best course of action was. She didn't sound like she'd be talked down easily and he doubted he could take her in a fight. Or well, perhaps he could, but he'd not be able to protect the Heart whilst doing so. He'd need to convince her with words. He sighed. It sounded like he'd have to be talkative after all.

“That'd be a mere short-term solution. If you study them first, you might learn how to get rid of them at the source.” It definitely wasn't the goal of his research, but he believed it to be a valid enough argument.

Luckily enough, an even better argument presented itself. “If you are tasked to find a child, I'd suggest against destroying the Heart.” He pointed at the distortions. “Those distortions you spotted, they seem to lead to another area, or even another dimension. It's exceedingly likely that child got drawn into it. Destroying the Heart will close these portals, therefore dooming the child to perish in whatever dimension he ended up in.” He stated matter-of factly.

He'd found his argument. “The Heart itself has a high amount of magical energy and is connected to a frigid plane, suggesting it's currently the only connection to where the child is. Furthermore, it seems to send energy through these branches in a communicative pattern not unlike Analog, which I'm afraid I cannot translate. Even so, it stands to reason its communicating with something or someone and that destroying it might alert that being. The portals, right now, are messy and unstable, but I think I might figure out how to stabilize them if I study the Heart some more. At least for a while. As such, I'd advise you not to destroy it.”

Ninelle (#54d1b0)

"That's true. But plaguebearing hearts are not particularly new phenomenon. I'm sure they've been researched in the past, yet they still pop up all over the See in areas of dense mana." She elaborated thoughtfully, watching the stranger show his first expression in front of her: a frown of displeasure. Of course, to get this determined scholar to show any emotion, it made sense to Ninelle that it'd have to be related to his research. That somewhat silly thought made her smile, amused by how easy to read he's been thus far. "If you want to study them for that reason, it'd be better to find a heart farther and less affecting of local civilizations." She reasoned carefully, not particularly convinced by his argument. His latter points however, made her fall silent in contemplation.

"...You've figured out so much already?" She couldn't help but chuckle dryly, with a slow sigh of exasperation. Her fatigue was not related to the stranger. Rather, her question was more of an expression of impressed disbelief towards him. It was more that she was quite tired by all this. She couldn't say she particularly cared for the plaguebearing heart, the child, or even the Fae See at all. She just wanted to fulfill her agreement with the deacon so that she could go home...

"Alright. I'll leave you to it." She spoke simply, almost listlessly even, as she mentally prepared herself for a taxing journey through a dimensional portal, potentially encountering a frozen wasteland and a construct-like enemy remaining hidden behind the scenes.

"I'm not sure what time it is, but I'm feeling quite fatigued anyway." She smiled softly as she spoke up, as if to reassure the stranger that she was not upset with him. "Wake me up if you need anything from me." She nodding finally, before curling up within the petals of a flower on the forest floor, asleep within mere moments after everything that had happened today, despite the cold winds occasionally attacking her bed.

Deliverance

She wasn't accepting his first argument. How troublesome. He couldn't entirely refute her claim, he feared, but he still didn't like it. Finding one farther away would take time, effort and risks. He was debating what next to argue, when she suddenly shifted her tone. “Well, yes.” He'd answer. Did she think he was just guessing? Did she question his abilities? Was that why she asked if he truly had this much figured out? Either way, either she believed it or not, he wasn't sure what else to do about it.

That's when she told him she'd leave him to it. Good. Great! He nodded. “Thank you.” That was the polite thing to say, right? Yes. Probably. Either way, he figured he'd just get to work. That's when she surprised him. Seeing her land on a flower and curling up within its petals was... was... Peculiar? Strange? Stupid? Dangerous? Naive? All those words would certainly fit. Anyone could stomp her to death like that, the Plague-bearing Heart might even be able to reach her like this, or some predatory animal. So small, so reckless. Yet somehow, it wasn't the stupidity of her action that made him feel... what? What did he feel about this? Well, it's true that he felt like she was acting stupid, yet...

He shook his head. This was weird. It was also distracting. So far, only [beasts] had been nice to him. Giving him free books and all. This wasn't a beast. He was overthinking things for sure. That must be it. He figured he'd stop doing that. He needed his mental energy elsewhere. He set to work again, using his [Magic Appraisal D] on some of the elements he hadn't studied yet. Like trying to time it and aim at at [1] one of those pulses themselves. Perhaps he could spot a pattern. Or [2] the light orange huge, which might tell him more than the thing itself did. Perhaps [3] the feeble glow from the dead and dangling mushrooms could tell him what befell them, other than frost. Or maybe [4] the boot itself could tell him something about where the kid went? Why would he even want to know? He wasn't sure. What he was even less sure off, was why he studied [5] the fairy herself as well. He knew he shouldn't get distracted, but she had garnered his interest by now.

Of course he'd also use his [Ethereal Arcanist] Education and its associated tools, to see if that could bring him new information his magic couldn't. That said, most of his tools were heavily under-cooled, so that was debatable.

Magic Appraisal D: Results (Magic D, Magic Range F, Magic Targets F, Appraisal E, Academia F, Arcana F, Focus F, Sixth Sense [Spirit] F + [Ethereal Arcanist] + [Arcanist Toolbox])
  • The heart's communicative pulse
    • The pulses themselves were sent quite rhythmically. Oddly slowly even. However, from observation, Deliverence would find that the magic stored in each pulse varied greatly, despite the similar timings. From this, he could deduce that each pulse did not symbolize an individual character or letter being sent out, but perhaps an entire word or message. Additionally, he would find that some pulses seemed perfectly identical, but travelled through completely different networks of roots and branches, for some reason.
  • The heart's illusory flames
    • The warmth-less golden flames within the heart's core seemed to be the main source of its scary amount of magical energy. But oddly enough, upon closer inspection, that energy seemed disharmonious with the heart itself, as if there were two separate magic entities co-existing within. It almost seemed like those golden flames were restrained and forced to stay due to the heart's magic enveloping it, despite seemingly containing greater energy than the heart itself.
  • The glow of the dead dangling mushrooms
    • The mushrooms seemed completely lifeless, but Deliverence could see that they were actually still vaguely alive, with a mindless consciousness akin to zombification. A thread of mana flowed through them, trailing from their tails towards the heart. But oddly enough, that energy trailed and wrapped around the giant orb itself, rather than entered its core.
  • The child's boot
    • The child's boot contained traces of an amalgamation of different energies. One of the faintest of which, being that frosty air from an alternate plane. The others included various traces of the plaguebearing heart's natural and corrosive energy, as well as a foreign fire magic.
  • The sleeping fairy
    • The fairy, like the heart, was too high of a rank to be able to discern much, including her titles, skills, true race, etc. However, Deliverence's strong inclination towards the ethereal allowed him to discover that shockingly, the traces of an incredibly distant and far away dimension lay on her body. His research into the ethereal so far had been too brief to discern more specifics. But the traces themselves seemed so potent, that one could entertain the possibility that a part of her may have even originated from that dimension itself.
The Plaguebearer of Lodeli

Deliverence's consecutive usage of magic was quickly beginning to leave a visible mark in this magically-unstable and space-distorted clearing. The portals shifted, some widening, some shrinking and some merging or disappearing altogether, altering the landscape of snow, ice and greenery as if it was being re-painted.

The heart, though eye-less, could naturally sense this probing magical presence in its close proximity. Eagerly, or angrily, its emotions or intentions difficult to discern, it lifted a few stray vines towards the magic-using stranger, attempting to wrap and coil around him.

Deliverance

He nodded to himself. So this thing was communicating with multiple entities at once. How peculiar. He also wondered why it seemed like the 'heart' wasn't at the heart of this, but rather a thing containing something. Equally peculiar. Were those mushrooms also used to 'trap' whatever was at the core of this? How intriguing. Come to think of it, that boot, that had some sense of fire magic. Could the inside glow of this be the same fire magic? Was the kid inside this thing? It was plausible. Ah, but that'd mean the fairy would destroy it to try get the kid out. That'd be a waste. He also wasn't even sure if that was correct. He clicked his tongue. That wasn't ideal.

That said, the fairy herself seemed dangerous to anger. He couldn't get a read on her at all, but he did get an odd sense of potent extra-dimensional energy from her. Perhaps she'd originated outside of this realm as well? Either way, that could wait. In fact, it would have to wait. As would his research into the Plague-bearing Heart. After all, it looks like it had started to notice him.

He took a few steps back, after quickly grabbing his tools. He wasn't eager to get hugged by this thing's vines. He sighed. It meant his time for studying it was running its course. He turned toward the fairy, fearing he couldn't really let her sleep for much longer. “Ehm, miss Fairy? You might wish to awaken. The Heart is acting.” He stated. Hopefully that'd do it. “I shall attempt to see if I can open a portal.” He spoke, as he'd seen how much his magic tampering had already changed the scenery. Now he just needed to use his [Magic] to expand one of the distortions a little and see what was on the other side.

Location: The See, Lodeli Woods, Inner Rings, Beneath a clearing?

full

The vines stiffened and paused at Deliverence's avoidance, as if shocked.

Before long however, a sudden low rumble emanated from the heart, as if greatly angered. A piercing wail shot to the skies as the golden flames within the heart's core roared and rampaged, trapped in a tight cage of wound vines and branches. Deeply hidden roots entrenched within the ground suddenly tore out, waving and lashing out at the earth as the ground began to tear.

Deliverence's actions were swift, firm and efficient, with the assurance of a scholar and honed by his preparatory research. But as the space distortion before him widened amidst the chaos, revealing the landscape of an endless, icy tundra, Deliverence saw him. Against a wall of cold stone, a child was trapped and stuck against the wall by frozen vines. His long wispy lavender-coloured hair trailed off his body messily, covering his eyes and face with a lowered head. Notably, atop his head was a large spotted mushroom cap, spotted plum. As if sensing Deliverence's presence, the child began to look up.

full

Before Deliverence could see anything further however, the earth violently quaked once more, and he lost his footing. Instead of landing atop the grass and snow covered floor, he found himself falling. The air whittled past his body at increasing speeds, as the scenery of a cold, dark woodland suddenly morphed into that of stalactites and ice.

full
Ninelle (#54d1b0)

Ninelle's eyelids fluttered gently as she stirred.

But, though vaguely conscious, the fairy didn't quite want to wake up just yet. The emotionless voice that called to her was strangely familiar and pleasing to the ear, lulling her into a sense of security rather than an urgency to awaken. Perhaps it was because it was acquainted with a simple, happy and peaceful memory, that she had a fondness for his voice at this moment. Like a daydream, she wondered if she'd hear that voice call her again if she remained half-asleep? Unfortunately however, she didn't have long to indulge in such fleeting fantasies, as her sleeping spot tumbled, and the flower she was sleeping on was overturned.

Her dazed eyes flew open, and the first thing she saw was a familiar figure tumbling through a gaping hole in the earth. "Scholar!" She screamed fearfully, her grogginess zapped away by the incessant earthquakes and flailing vines/roots dislodging the ground. The fairy too was falling, alongside her dislodged flower bed, down into that unexpected and expansive icy cavern below. But she at least had wings, which she whirred into overdrive as she darted through the falling rocks towards the other fae.

Grabbing onto whatever she could grab of his clothes, she tried to lessen his falling speed by pulling him upwards, even if all it ended up doing was tearing his clothes. Her mind was in a whirl. The distance below was great, seemingly even greater considering her tiny size and point of view. Ninelle feared that her fellow fae could very well die on impact with that frozen floor. Desperately, she did whatever she could in that moment of freefall, casting a bed of flowers as far down as her magic could reach and pulling at the fae over and over again.
  • Flower Bed E
    • Nature Affinity F, Magic E, Magic Range F (15ft), Magic AoE F (15ft radius), Spell Duration F (1 hour), Energized E, Focus E
    • Create a large soft flower as large as 15ft in radius to cushion a fall/blow or act as platforms within 30ft

Deliverance

For a second there, he almost though the vegetation was shocked that he pulled away from its embrace. Yet after that second passed, he quickly realised he must be loosing it. Instead, it was far more likely this heart thing was going to take action against his tampering. It wasn't anything too unexpected, but it was still unwelcome. Even so, he did start to wonder what was trapped within and why. After all, it was fairly clear that something was trapping another thing by now, but that was about all he'd been able to confirm. Ah, right, and the fact that one was hot and the other cold. Perhaps some of the See's elementals were at odds?

The mushroom kid was peculiar looking. Far more Fae-like than he could ever dream to be. Not that he did, but the fact his Faehood has been questioned did make him ponder it for a bit. Not for long, however, as he was about to address the kid when it looked he'd look at him. After all, he wanted to ask the kid if his theory that the kid was the 'fire' thing stuck in this icy vine heart was correct. Sadly enough, he wasn't really given the time and opportunity to do so. The ground disappearing was not exactly ideal, after all.

He soon spotted himself falling towards an icy ground. He checked the distance, his falling speed, how solid the ground looked... Yep. That was a certain death. If he'd landed feet-first, he'd break both legs and perhaps his spine, but he might live. Yet he'd then just starve and freeze to death. Perhaps it was best to try fall head-first? End it quickly. Oddly enough, he could hear the fairy call out. Scholar? He liked that. That was definitely not a bad name to be called at the end of this second life. He wondered if there'd be a third.

That's when he was confused. He'd already accept his second death, but the fairy apparently still had a use for him. Considering she wanted to destroy what he wanted to study, it made a lot more sense for her to just let him die and get out of the way. Yet here she was, ripping up his clothes in what he assumed to be an attempt to save him. When he saw the flower-bed popped up, he decided he might as well give it a shot, as he tried to use some raw mana output with Magic D to slow himself down a bit and/or make it so he'd fall onto the flower-bed with a spread-out surface.

After all, unless this theory was off, you wanted to land on water with as little surface of yourself as possible, but on soft solids with as much surface possible in order to reduce impact. Well, either that, or he was mistaken and he'd soon experience more pain than needed. He didn't exactly have the luxury to thoroughly think this one through, so he figured he'd go for a trial by fire on that one.

Weather: Frigid, still air
Ninelle (#54d1b0)

full

Character Sheet
Cooldowns:
E: In Use
D: In Use
Elvario Elvario
Aided by his mana propulsions, landing considerations and Ninelle's haphazard efforts, Deliverance's falling speed lessened considerably. The bed of fluffy flowers creaked and bent on impact, as if it was about to break. Fortunately however, after a brief moment of high tension, it rebounded and stood firm, withholding the force of impact and Deliverance's weight. The pair were now situated mid-way down the falling distance, safe, but also somewhat stranded.

With the sudden recoil of landing, Ninelle found herself colliding headfirst with her companion's chest in a painful headbutt, before rolling off his side towards the edge of the platform of flowers. Teetering delicately, with one arm slung over the edge, her roll fortunately stopped there. Breathing a sigh of relief, the fairy was mentally glad that she didn't have to forcibly recover her bearings and haphazardly start flying again.

"What happened up there? Where are we?" Taking a moment for herself, Ninelle slowly recovered her bearings before speaking up, carefully holding her dizzy head as she sent queries to the crash-landed fae beside her. Looking around the ice cavern with bewildered eyes, she couldn't help but suck in a breath at the sight. It was huge, seemingly endless as she spun her head in various directions.

Ninelle had heard nothing about an underground ice cavern beneath Lodeli Woods. But after recalling the similarly-frosty space-distorting effects of the plaguebearing heart, she could vaguely put two and two together. However, if this was truly caused by that creature above... it was clear that she, the deacon and the people of Winchelli, had greatly underestimated its abilities. However, the confusing thing was, plaguebearing hearts were not known to be notable or considerable threats, more like occasional annoyances, hence she was puzzled as to why this one was such a special case. How could it wield or create such a dimension of this size? How strange.

Every now and then, the occasional falling dust and dirt would distractedly enter Ninelle's vision, even though the earthquakes had long stopped. Puzzled by the realization, she glanced above, and her eyes widened at the sight. The heart's whip-like vines and roots were mending and fixing up the hole, replacing the dislodged earth and freezing the gaps in between with a reformed sheet of ice.

An alarmed part of her immediately wanted to break out and escape to safety. But, turning to Deliverence and fixing him with a complicated, but quickly resigned gaze, she knew she absolutely could not just abandon him down here. Not to mention the child too, if this was that other realm that scholar had mentioned, she had to search for him.

Now that she was stationary and could focus, Ninelle was able to re-assess the matter at hand. Glancing downward at the long distance still to go, she spared no effort to cast a more potent and distant spell, crafting a bed of flowers much firmer and stronger than the one they currently lay on. "Hey, scholar-" Realizing what she was about to ask him to do, she stopped herself mid-request, pondering how to phrase this in a less scary way.

"Um... I'm sorry to make you do this, but can you trust me?" Ninelle posed tentatively, pointing towards the second bed of flowers further down. "That platform is stronger than this one, so you don't have to worry about the landing as much..." She explained cautiously, knowing full well she was literally asking him to freefall nearly 100ft and trust her, a mere stranger, that her magic would catch him. Situated much closer to the frozen ground, that platform was one in which after landing, one could safely hop off and roam around the cavern.

With the hole they fell through being closed up, the light levels in the cavern were dropping quickly.

Fortunately however, a dim glow could be seen on the cavern floor. It seemed some of those crystals and glowing mushrooms had fallen with them, granting them at least a meagre source of light for once the pair finished their descent.
  • Flower Bed D
    • Nature Affinity F, Magic D, Magic Range E (100ft), Magic AoE F (15ft radius), Spell Duration F (1 hour), Energized D
    • Create a large soft flower as large as 15ft in radius to cushion a fall/blow or act as platforms within 100ft

Deliverance

Well then, his life expectancy had drastically increased again. That was good. He wasn't all that eager to figure out if there was a third life waiting just yet. That's when he realised they were still pretty high up. If this was the fairy's doing, she had him captive right now. On the topic of the fairy, he'd felt an odd poke onto his chest near where she'd been. As he wondered where she was right now, her could hear her question.

“The Plague-bearing Heart grew unstable and opened up a portal before I could, having us fall into it, after which we ended up wherever it is we are now.” He answered. That was all that he could tell her. Truthfully, he had no clue where 'here' was. A pocket dimension? Alternate reality? Paizu Mountains? Right now, he had no way to exclude any such option. Nor the chance there was something going on that he hadn't even considered yet.

On the topic of that, when he saw those vines shrinking and locking them up, he wondered aloud. “We might be inside the Heart itself.” That was going to be his first hypothesis, he decided. He could test the others later, if this turned out to be wrong. For now, it'd explain the odd glow form within he saw before and why it felt like they'd been locked into something. “This resembles a prison.” He added, in an attempt to explain his reasoning.

As he saw the light fading, he wondered how long he'd be able to see well enough to study his environment. As he was trying to figure out how to proceed, the fairy asked him an odd question. “Considering you seem to have saved my life prior, I do not see why you'd suddenly want me to die.” He spoke, not understanding the fact that she was suddenly asking this. He did try to come up with a reason. Perhaps she just wanted him nearly die? Make him suffer for a while? That felt highly unlikely.

If she wanted something from him, she'd have already bartered for it. Considering he was relying on her magic not to fall already, being on the flower platform and all, she was in an ideal situation to demand just about anything from him in exchange for letting him live. The fact that she wasn't doing so suggested she was not interested in such a deal. All in all, he couldn't make sense of it. In the end, the fact she deemed him worth more to her if he remained alive was the likeliest conclusion. Thus, he wouldn't die if he trusted her. Thus he trusted her, as he jumped off the platform, using the same tactic as before.

Ninelle (#54d1b0)

full

Character Sheet
Cooldowns:
E: In Use
D: In Use
Elvario Elvario

"If we are inside the heart itself, then perhaps the key to destroying it lies here too." The fairy pondered, initially fearful of a great fight between the heart and herself. A battle in itself was precarious, not to mention how she had someone to protect now, potentially two if/when they found the child. If they could easily and more safely destroy it from the inside out, then it'd be a much smoother situation all around.

In response to her request, Deliverance's statement of pure and logical trust made her stare at him. Spoken bluntly, his words seemed so logically sound. But the more she pondered, the more absurd they actually seemed. Did he have no fear? Did her magic seem so reliable? At least, if she were in his shoes, she was sure she could not face toward the edge of the cliff as easily as him.

Still, his plain tone of voice made Ninelle feel as if she never should've been afraid to ask at all. He was their resident rational, objective and plain-toned scholar after all. "Yeah. I don't want you to die. Not now, and likely not anytime in the future either." She elaborated gently, thankful for his faith even if she could not understand it. "So I'm glad you trust me." She finished finally, watching his body fly off the flower bed without a hint of hesitation.
---
Deliverence landed just as steadily as last time, if not more, almost fully enveloped by that soft bed of cloud-like flowers. Watching him fall with faint anxiousness, Ninelle could only chuckle at the end result, with only the fae's eyes barely visible amidst his submergence within the flowers. "Your eyes match the golden flowers I used." She beamed with faint laughter in her tone as she fluttered downward, though as always, her every expression was carefully hidden behind her mask.

Now on the frozen floor, the treacherousness of the environment was clearer to the eye. Although much of the ground was indeed frozen rock, just as much of it seemed to be water, covered only by a thin sheet of ice. Although naturally this was no problem for Ninelle, she hastily cautioned her fae companion before he could roam too far. "Scholar, watch your step." She pointed towards the area of frozen water closest to them. "Just in case... can you swim?" She thoughtfully added, wanting to ascertain how urgent of a situation it would be if he fell in.

As the heart rumbled and slowly moved the final chunk of earth into place, the glow of the crystals and mushrooms suddenly became their only solace amidst the darkness. "Scholar, we should take these with us. And maybe leave one here, as a guidepost." Ninelle thoughtfully advised. Though unable to carry it in her arms, she painstakingly exerted her strength in trying to lift one of the frozen crystals, holding it up expectantly towards Deliverance for him to pick up.

What the fairy had yet to notice however, was the vague glow that emanated from beneath the hem and cuffs of her robes, illuminating her being even without the crystal in her hands.

Deliverance

He sighed. Of course the fairy's first goal was still to destroy the heart. That said, he couldn't blame her. Considering it'd gotten them captured right now, it was logical choice to make, even though it might not be its preferable one. That said, there was one consideration he wished to share. “Perhaps, but if it is true that this is a prison, we might wish to consider what it is holding captive. You did mention this was unlike the other Plaguebearing Hearts.” Perhaps that would give him some time to study it, before she'd destroy it.

That said, her next words puzzled him more. Enough so, in fact, that he'd ask about them. After landing, of course. “You said you did not wish for me to die. Does that mean you believe you have need of me in destroying this Plaguebearing Heart or finding this lost child?” Those were the likeliest options by far. That said, he wondered if she'd admit to it or if she'd make up excuses. At least he knew enough about people to know they tended not to be honest about these sorts of things.

Short after he landed, she yet again confused him, mentioning his eyes. It reminded her of the othe Fae, the singing one, who'd told him his eyes were pretty. Was it some aspect of Fae culture to comment on each-other's eyes? Like a polite thing to do? Considering 2/2 Fae he met more than incidentally did so, he figured that was likely. “Thank you, although I'm afraid I cannot comment on yours.” That was probably the politest reply he could give right now, which he figured was his best move. His chance of survival and successful study of this subject were significantly higher with the aid of this fairy.

To that extend, she was correct to tell him to watch his step. Wait... could he swim? The question made him ponder for a moment. He could swim in his past life, a bit at least. He'd never learned it officially, but he'd been somewhat self-taught. Yet he'd never swam in this life, with this body and all that. Would it be the same? “I don't know.” He ended up saying, not wishing to draw a conclusion with so little evidence to back up either of the possible answers.

It seemed like they were thinking alike, as Deliverance was already looking around for a good gem to use as a light-source in this place. That said, he was surprised when she attempt to pick one up herself, accepting it with yet another puzzled look. It would've been far easier for him to pick it up himself, after all. He decided he shouldn't question her yet again. A decision that lasted just about 2 seconds, for he spotted the fairy itself was lighting up the place just as well. “No offence, but I believe you might personally be capable of being an equally guiding light.” That was probably the politest way to put it.

Ninelle (#54d1b0)

full

Character Sheet
Cooldowns:
D: 0/1
Elvario Elvario
"Indeed. Don't worry, I'll look for the child first, and any possible exits, before trying anything too destructive." Ninelle nodded quietly with a small smile, understanding full well that his purpose here differed greatly to her own. She was glad at least, that he was not so unreasonable to fight or grow aggressive toward her because of such a thing right now.

Watching the petals of her flower beds disperse, the question he asked as she caught up to him on the cavern floor was quite puzzling to the fairy, and she voiced this with a gentle tilt of her head. "What a peculiar question." She chuckled in amusement, pondering why he'd ask such an odd thing. Did he think she wanted to use him? Ah, but to be perfectly honest, things would've likely gone smoother without him, no? They had different goals here after all. Though a little confused, the fairy remained calm. Perhaps the way he saw the situation merely differed to her.

"I like you, and want you to live well, is that not enough?" Ninelle simply decided to answer his question with a question of her own, her tone blunt and carefree. Chuckling gently as she gauged his reaction, she continued. "There are very few people I would like to be dead rather than alive. But I suppose they exist." She pondered lightly, tilting her head as she considered that last statement. "At least, they better still exist..." She trailed off, unaware of the cruelty that came with her tone, before she abruptly re-focused her gaze back on her fellow fae and moved on.

"I actually have no particular need for you at all." The fairy smiled, realizing that perhaps bluntness was the best way to get through to this logical fellow. She did not know, nor really consider, that the scholar could fight. Hence using him to destroy the plaguebearing heart seemed a far-fetched idea. Additionally, in regards to searching for the child, such a task would be easier on her lonesome no? Especially as she could fly?

Ah, but the mere thought of doing all of that on her own saddened her a little, as she imagined herself stuck in this dark, expansive cavern all on her lonesome. "Actually, perhaps I do need you." Ninelle retracted her statement proactively, with a mild shake of her head. "Without your company, I would be feeling a lot more isolated and lost right now." She chuckled again, still minutely pondering what train of thought led to such questions. This scholar was a logical fellow. Almost overly so. But logic didn't always have the final say in a lot of things, so hopefully, the fairy could share with him a little spark of that understanding.

Hearing him thank her for the compliment made her smile. But it also made her ponder, too. Thanking her for a mere compliment, rather than the fact that she had helped him down, or prevented him from dying, was rather strange. It was as if those silly words mattered more than his life. And that thought, was quite frightening. Unable to think too much further, she addressed his swimming capabilities, nodding understandingly at his answer.

Abruptly being called a guiding light made Ninelle pause for a moment, pondering why her heart seemed to have suddenly taken a somersault. Contemplating it as she pat her chest in alarm, she only found it more puzzling, especially when she had already been called much more glamourous titles in the past. Distractedly, her eyes dipped towards her clothes, as she slowly realizing what he was talking about. Bursting into laughter at the realization, she beamed. "You're right."

Proactively, the fairy carefully folded and put away her outer coat and sash, revealing the glamour and regality of the armoured dress made for a Hero of the Fae. Woven by threads of light, it brightened the area significantly, much more than the weak frozen crystals and zombified fungi. "Hm. I still think the crystals and mushrooms will be useful. Especially if we somehow get separated." She scratched her head in thought, somewhat embarrassed by the fact that she had forgotten about her own trophy dress of light, gifted by the Pope himself.

"It'd be better for me to lead the way. Looks like I'll truly be your guiding light for a bit then." She chuckled once more, allowing the scholar to gain his bearings and gather anything of note, before fluttering outward in an effort to explore their new area.

Deliverance

He nodded. Glad to hear she would look for the child and exists first. That'd give him more precious time to study the object. It was more than enough, considering the circumstances, so he didn't wish to ask or hope for more. “Thank you.”

Yet again, she surprised him. What was peculiar about his question? He wasn't sure. Her answer was odd. “It would be, assuming there was a good basis to believe so. However, I am unsure...” He shook his head. “I do not understand why, so I do not understand how, but nevertheless, I am grateful.” Was it not just [beasts] that were nice to interact with? This fairy as well now? How odd.

Ah, but she brought up something interesting. She wanted some people dead. He knew that sentiment fully well. It was how things were handled by his dad in his previous life. He also knew exactly the type of deals his dead used to make, which meant he knew how to ensure their cooperation! “I was always taught that a life should be repaid with a life. Considering you saved mine, do you wish for my aid in ending that of those you would like to see dead?” His casual tone did not at all suggest he offered to help her murder someone.

Still, this current offer was better than to accept she had no need for him at all. Which meant he'd be dispensable. He was used to being so, considering he'd been a slave for most of this life, but he was not eager to return to such a status. That's why he was surprised she suddenly said she wanted him for his company. “I don't think... no...” He started, but after some deliberation, he nodded. “Actually, I believe I would share that sentiment.” He reached his conclusion. It would be less 'good' to be here on his own, even if the fairy might eventually hamper his research and regardless of whether she'd saved his life or not. It was a peculiar realisation, but one he couldn't outright deny.

He was surprised when the Fairy revealed some lightning bug type clothing. “That is rather regal looking, almost like that of royalty.” He commented, contemplating if he'd somehow met a princess or something. After all, this was clearly something fancy and expensive beyond a normal peasant's means.

As for the crystals and mushrooms, he nodded. “Of course.” He said, as he collected a few of them. They'd likely have enough purpose to warrant carrying their weight around for a bit.

That said, he was glad the fairy herself took the lead. “Indeed, please do so.” He confirmed, as it'd also allow him to watch his footing better. Regardless of whether he could swim or not, he'd probably end up suffering hypothermia if he broke through the ice, which wasn't a great prospect.

Ninelle (#54d1b0)

44eF3Jx.png

(Click image to zoom)
Character Sheet
Elvario Elvario
  • Ninelle vividly froze as she processed the offer he had given her, with even her wings slowing in their fluttering. Quietly, a hint of sorrow suddenly and inescapably welled up from the bottom of her heart. It was hard to explain why, but hearing the logical, straight-laced scholar that had made her laugh so much unintentionally, suddenly talk of murder like a walk in the park... it made her sad. Was she disappointed? Distressed? She felt she couldn't decipher the reason for her emotional state right now at all. All she knew was that she'd rather change the subject, and not speak or reveal any more of the dark matters that lay in her heart.

"No... I would rather not drag a stranger into my own personal matters." Ninelle responded back slowly. Her tone felt oddly aloof and detached compared to the warmth she displayed moments prior. She was unaware that she had briefly re-entered her distant hero persona for a moment, one she unwittingly formed and wielded in order to keep people at arm's length. "But thank you." She smiled back, back to her usual gentle tone. But there was a sense of sadness in her polite gratitude that was unmistakeable.

Ninelle was a little surprised to hear him say that he shared her sentiments, but after mulling it over for a moment, she assuredly chalked it up to the fact she had saved him from certain death just a few moments ago. Perhaps she hadn't realized it herself, but she was guarding herself a little. Afraid of assuming things she shouldn't be assuming. In the end, she merely nodded gently in response, before moving on to his comment on her attire.

"I think the same." She nodded, scratching her head. "I think it's way too fancy for someone like me." She elaborated sheepishly as she fluttered forward, briefly thinking back to that fateful day, where she was blazingly revived and found herself already garbed in such resplendent attire.

Combat Round 1:
    The landscape of rock, snow and ice seemed endless as they marched onward through the darkness. Stalactites creeped dangerously into their limited vision, sharp and frigid like frozen knives. They hovered and shook over both stone and frozen water like treacherous traps, as if to ascertain the fact that one misstep spelled certain doom. Just as it seemed like they would be cautiously manoeuvring forward aimlessly for many more hours to come, they saw a yellow light. Small, vague and far in the distance, it barely stretched out from behind a large curved wall of ice.

As it came into view, something broke the silence that was neither of their two voices.

"Free me..."

"Free me..."

"Free me..."

In the Sylvan tongue, a melodious, burning call resounded throughout the frozen chamber. It echoed faintly, its emotions indiscernible.

But Ninelle & Deliverence were not the only two to hear the call. Something stirred in the darkness, the sound of snow shifting and rock rumbling rustling ahead of them.

Combat rules will be followed from now on. Be sure to list out actions and ability usages.

Last edited:
Deliverance

He nodded at her refusal. After all, he didn't mind not having to deal with such a task. That said, it only confused him more as to why she was aiding him as much as she did. In the end, he figured he'd just leave it be. He'd probably figure out his reasons eventually, right?

On the topic of her dress, however, he tilted his head a bit. Too fancy for her? “It seems to suit you well enough to me.” He stated. Not only was she a perfect light source like this, he also somehow didn't see any reason as to why this fairy shouldn't be a light in the dark. Objectively speaking, she was fancy enough for her clothing. That was the odd conclusion he reached.

When he heard the voice, he nodded. “It seems this is indeed a prison of sorts.” He was glad to have that theory confirmed. That said, he did wonder who or what was prisoned here and why.

That's when he heard something stir in the darkness. A little weary about the sudden company, he tried to use [Magic Appraisal E] towards the stirring movements in the hope of being able to locate and identify it.

E0/1
Magic Appraisal E – Magic E, Magic Range F, Magic Targets F, Appraisal E, Academia F, Arcana F, Focus F, Sixth Sense [Spirit] F – Character uses magic to appraise up to 5 targets within 30 ft, with a special focus on arcana and academic elements. - Grade E – 1 Post Cooldown.

Ninelle (#54d1b0)

awjrxhR.png

(Click image to zoom)
Character Sheet
Elvario Elvario
  • "Haha, thanks." Ninelle bashfully replied, scratching her head a little out of embarrassment. As she let her hand fall back to her side however, deep down, the fairy did not fully take his words to heart. Her gaze dimming slightly in thought, she couldn't help but speak a little further. "But if you knew how I earned this attire, I think you might change your mind." Her tone was as light-hearted as always, if a bit airy, but that only made her words seem that much more difficult to interpret.

"Indeed. Looks like I should be trusting your theories a little more." The fairy muttered thoughtlessly as she stared at that distant golden light, acutely aware of the ominous darkness that separated them. Hearing whatever lurked out there stir, Ninelle eased herself into a careful battle stance, clutching the hateful faerie bracer on her wrist in preparation. Noticing the scholar begin to wield his magic, she remained stationary in the air in front of him, not wanting to interfere or make any rash moves forward.

Combat Round 2:
    Deliverence aimlessly sent his magic into the darkness, only guided by the vague sounds of rustling and movement. Although the prospects initially seemed fruitless, fortunately, with the ability to scout in five seperate directions, one target was hit, located directly north-east. A stream of information proceeded to flow into Deliverance's consciousness:
    • Titles: [Monster] [Construct] [Corrupted Golem] [Possessed] [Sentry]
    His ethereal knowledge would allow him to discover that this being was certainly from, or crafted by materials of, the distant, frigid plane sensed prior. Additionally, his spiritual awareness would allow him to sense the malicious and bloodthirsty spirit that inhabited the creature, even if unable to see said creature with his own eyes.

Immediately after his spell worked its course however, Deliverance was hit with a sense of lethargy, as if a meagre part of him was suddenly drained away. Although there were no immediate long-term effects, and he could still function fine, it was both an unexpected and concerning experience.

Rustling continued to be heard in the distant darkness. However, more potently, a low-pitched noise suddenly became audible, both from the northwest and northeast. As moments passed, it began to sharply accelerate in volume, accompanied by a tiny blue glow slowly growing in size from their respective directions.

Last edited:
Deliverance

He'd gotten lucky on his first try. Good. “They're half-monster, half-constructs.” He figured sharing this sort off information as soon as he obtained it was likely to increase the likelihood of a favourable outcome for the both of them. “Although they appear to be possessed, suggesting there might be a way to undo this possession. They also seem to be sentries, suggesting they used to guard something. Presumable before their possession and half-monster status, but possibly afterwards.”

It was a shame he was no priest, having no clue how to undo a possession. “They seem to be rather bloodthirsty, from the frigid plane itself and they seem able to drain someone's strength.” Those were the other 'clues' he got from his short study of the creature he'd not even seen yet. Truth be told, he had no clue what to do. “I could attempt to attack them, but I believe it might be best to run. If we can find what they are keeping captive and free it, it might get rid of them.” He stated, considering the lacking data he possessed right now, that seemed a possible option. Right? All in all, heading for the light-source in front of them would be his current goal.

Action 1: Talking
Action 2: Move three squares northwards
Action 3: Move three squares northwards (or 2 if the third is water)

Ninelle (#54d1b0)

ZjfCYJ5.png

(Click image to zoom)
Character Sheet
Elvario Elvario
  • "H-how do you know all that?" Ninelle couldn't help but blurt out in surprise. She thought he was fast at obtaining information already, back when they were on the surface. But despite not even being able to see the things he was investigating, he could still figure out so much? How? She also wanted such abilities! As much as his influx of information was a spooky and jarring revelation, Ninelle was glad that he was with her. Any information at this time was invaluable, especially considering they could not see... but whatever was out there could certainly see them.

Ninelle seemed a little unsure of herself as she pondered her fellow fae's plan of action, but before she knew it, he had already rushed ahead. "Ah, um, okay!" The fairy called after him, quickly catching up with the stoic scholar and following closely beside him. Although the ascending noise unnerved her, as did the two eerie, eye-like lights in the darkness, the scholar's unhesitant steps forward gave her some confidence.

Action 1: Talking
    Action 2: Follow beside Deliverance three squares northwards
    Action 3: None

Combat Round 3:
    As the pair of fae moved, the light they wielded followed. And in the newly illuminated area, the appearance of one of the golem's became visible, a strange boulder-like being swamped with frosty vines and leaves. It had two stubby legs, scaled of stone similarly to the rest of its structure, with a detached, floating head that stared emotionlessly at them. The blue glow was emitted from the golem's 'mouth', or the large hole situated in the creature's center.
    full

As the hum from the golems reached a deafening peak, silence suddenly reigned in the cavern, just before those tiny blue beacons abruptly shrunk, coalescing into laser-like beams of light that fired off with an audible crack in the air towards the pair of fae. The visible golem fired straight at Ninelle, its beady eyes continuing to show not a sliver of emotion, whilst the one still hidden in the darkness had fired toward Deliverance.

In the meanwhile, a similar low hum began to emit from the darkness further ahead of the pair, accompanied by a similar glow, but coloured green.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back