• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Little Red Riding Hood (1X1)

Sawyer

“No reason.” she said, shrugging lightly and taking the shirt. The door was eyed and she hesitated before leaving the room and walking the short distance to the bathroom. Sawyer stuffed his hands in his pockets and awkwardly looked around the room, avoiding Evangeline. He could feel her staring and was starting to turn red from it. Looking to his feet first, he slowly brought his gaze to her. He liked the way her hair fell and framed her face and he was starting to get caught up in all the feelings, but he had to put a stop to that. She was human. He cleared his throat along with his thoughts, quickly.

“You doing alright with all this of this?” he motioned to the direction he figured his sister would be and himself. “You know the whole transforming thing.” he added, to make sure it was clear what he was referring to at the moment.  

Evangeline sighed softly as she watched him avoiding her gaze and she fidgeted awkwardly, hating the fact that she felt so attracted to him but it was obviously not reciprocated and she glanced around her room, doing everything she could to ignore looking at the older guy.

She almost jumped at the sound of his voice, having not expected him to say or do anything until his sister got back and she sighed, flinching slightly at the mention of the whole transformation, werewolf thing and she looked back up at him before shrugging, trying to seem unaffected by it but really she was still doubting herself a lot and what she had seen...like how was that even possible?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sawyer

The slight shrug wasn’t enough to sell him on that everything was alright from earlier. Honestly, he wasn’t alright. Why the hell was one of the pack members trying to kill a human? They were supposed to steer clear of the, Marina was actually the one being pretty ballsy by befriending one. A sigh escaped as she said nothing and he looked up at the ceiling as it became uncomfortable between the two again. Clearly this was something that she couldn’t get passed, so it was probably for the best that he didn’t do anything about his feelings. The door was looked at as he wonder just how long it took for one to put a shirt on.

“Well . . . ugh.” Nothing was coming out properly and he wished that his sister would get her ass back in here. Marina was most likely taking her sweet time on purpose or something. “Ok, so you’re not ok with it?” he sort of winced as the words came out.     

Evangeline moved over to the drawers, and she did her best to grab something clean and new to wear, the clothes she was currently in were muddy and blood stained and she glanced back at him as he started to talk again and she sighed.

"Well...you're just a fucking werewolf, nothing out of the normal here!" She hissed at him "Of course I'm not okay with it, I would have to be insane to be okay with it but I have to deal with that..."  She sighed, rubbing her eyes with the palm of her hand and she shook her head

"I feel like I need to be okay...I feel like I should be fine with all of this, and that I should be happy being close to you" She sighed softly and slightly sad

Marina 

The answer he heard he didn’t quite like and he scratched his head lightly. This was the first time he had actually ever let the secret out. This was all knew terrain for him and to hear someone’s views. Well it wasn’t easy not to take it to heart. His eyes darted down to his feet and he didn’t look at her again.

“Right, I should just leave this to Marina.” he said quietly, heading towards the door when his sister came into the tense filled room. A smile was forced as he walked passed his sister. A confused look came over her and she looked to Evangeline than her brother that was heading for the exit.

“Where you going?” she asked, abruptly. Clinging to the door handle of the redhead’s bedroom as she stood in the entryway baffled. The only response she got was that he’d wait outside for her and she turned to Evangeline a bit surprised. “Ok.” she said, stunned. All the attention went back to the redhead as she fought the urge to ask why her brother had left. “Thanks for the shirt.” Left instead as she didn’t want to cause any more problems. “I can return it tomorrow?” she proposed.     

"Sawyer..."She protested quietly but she watched him leave, standing still despite the fact she wanted to rush after him and make him stop, she wanted to do so many things that seemed so stupid, especially when they barely knew each other, they knew their names and that was it, nothing special and intimate, nothing like the way she somehow wanted them to know each other.

"I...of course, anything...I don't know what I did to upset him so much" She looked up at Marina, feeling guilty for the way that Sawyer had just barged out of her room, and left Marina stranded there and she looked down at the carpeted floor before backup at Marina

"I'm so sorry..." She said quietly and softly, and she stepped forward, hugging her gently before murmuring "I think nothing less of you...now that you are a werewolf or whatever...You are still the amazing person who rescued me...and I like you both very much"

Marina 

Wrapped up in her thoughts about Evangeline’s family tree and just who they might be, she totally lost sight what was going on in front of her. An adventure he never asked to take on was probably what had his panties in a bunch, but Marina didn’t get to say anything as her mouth dropped open in surprise at the apology. It all sort of had just clicked in her mind. The blonde wrapped her arms around the redhead in a hug. In a way she had alienated her friend with the way she had been acting and she needed to correct that right away.

“Oh no, don’t worry.” she said softly, before pulling out of the hug. “Large giant wolves that could take your head off in one bite is sort of a hard thing to adjust to and many don’t.” she said with a small smile. A glance went in the direction her brother went as a sigh escaped and she looked back at her friend. “This is his first time someone finding out. Probably just super sensitive and worried. Must mean he likes your or something.” she said, softly giggling at her friend.     

Evangeline let out a small sigh in relief as Marina's arms wrapped around her and she clung onto her friend for a bit, before smiling softly up at her and she nodded her head "I just didn't want things to end badly after everything today..." She said quietly before managing a small smile and a giggle, as Marina giggled "Maybe..." Evie giggled before shaking her head slightly at the stupid notion.

"Come on...I'll take you down, give you some biscuits or something for the walk back," She said softly and she started to limp down to the kitchen, her hand on the wall to give her some support as she moved, trying to keep her weight off of her painful and delicate leg as she moved down the steps.

Rummaging around in the cupboards for a bit, before coming up with a small packet of digestive biscuits, which she handed over to her friend with a small smile

"Have a safe journey..." She said quietly, looking out of the window at the blonde hair belonging to Sawyer.

Marina 

“Thanks.” she said, trailing after her friend and waiting for the biscuits. They were in her hand and she smiled and followed her friend’s gaze out the window at her brother. A small smile spread across her face, but she kept her opinions to herself.  “Thanks again.” she said, stepping backwards and waving at her friend with the packages a biscuits. It was a nice gesture to leave off on. “Rest your leg.” she reminded, giving one last smile before she went out to meet up with her brother.  Marina ran up to him and gave him a playful kick and tossed a biscuit for him as they made their way towards home, leaving the dramatic day behind.

Bright early in the morning she bugged Sawyer until he agreed to go along with her to drop off the shirt. The argument being, he made her agree. Sourly he gave in and midafternoon they went back to Evangeline’s house. Marina was a bit wary, but she went out of her way to hide it better this time. After all, there wasn’t any way her family could tell unless they saw them transform. Marina knocked on the door lightly twice and looked back at her brother with a giant smile. One that was returned with a glare and an eye roll.    

Evangeline practically jumped up as she heard a knock on the door, and she called out to her family that she was going to get it, and she limped to the front door, opening the door, and a big smile spread on her face as she saw Marina, before her smile faltered slightly seeing a very obvious grumpy looking Sawyer and she sighed, remembering the awkward way he had stormed out on her last time they had seen each other.

"I see you got home safely" She said with a small smile, doing her best to ignore Sawyer and she hugged her a friend, before stepping back and awkwardly standing there as she stood there, looking between the two siblings.

Marina 

“We did.” Marina chimed happily, giving her friend a hug back. A giant smile was on her face as she presented the clean nicely folded shirt. “Thanks again.” she said, handing it back to its rightful owner. Sawyer stood awkwardly behind his sister, remembering that he stormed out last time, so he avoided his sister’s friend’s gaze and looked at his feet instead.

“Interested in grabbing a bite to eat?” Marina offered, causing his head to snap up. Exactly when did they discuss this turning into an all-day outing? Sawyer glared at the back of her head, knowing this was the plan all along; she just kept it from him.

“Well, you two hav-”

“You’re coming along grumpy gills” she hissed, pointing a finger at him and he sighed and stared at his sister. He couldn’t even get a word out with her on this. Accepting defeat he turned to walk away from the two, kicking the ground as if it had something to do with his sister’s scheme.

“You’re the reason I’m grumpy. Pestering me at five in the morning . . .” A soft hum left Marina’s lips, with a bit of a mischievous smile.

“You in?” she asked, smiling up at her friend, hoping she would say yes and the awkwardness of yesterday could be ironed out. Her brother’s mood was sort of putting a damper on things, but he would get less grumpy once they were moving.   

Evangeline was shocked, just like Sawyer by Marinas offer but she nodded her head with a small smile, more than happy to go out with the two of them, despite the fact that Sawyer seemed far from interested which hurt a bit, but she tried to push that down and just focus on the positive side of things, spending time with her new found friend and she readily nodded her head "Yes, I'm in" She answered

She went to grab a jacket and some shoes before she joined Marina and Sawyer back outside, and she walked beside Marina, following her lead, and as she chatted with the blonde girl, she kept making small glances over at Sawyer, her hands clenched by her side as she did so. unable to know why she felt so drawn to this guy who was being such an asshole towards her

Sawyer

The town nearest was sort of small, but she was having loads of fun with Evangeline. A ringing went off in her pocket and Marina excused herself for a moment to talk on the phone. She skipped a few paces up and out of ear shot from the two of them. A soft hello could be heard, but that was all. Sawyer put his hands in his pocket as he looked over Evangeline.

“I’m sorry about yesterday.” he said, scratching his head and looking over at his sister’s friend. The air needed to be cleared, but it just felt weird doing it in front of his sister. “I’m not trying to be a jerk or anything. My sister just knows how to get under my skin and has been doing so since five in the morning. It’s you know . . .” he laughed uneasily. Sawyer looked her over, blushing and looking away to hide it. It was never this difficult for him to talk to someone.

“Guys I got to jet. Maybe I can meet up with you later.” Marina forced a smile and a confused Sawyer looked between the two of them. “Something came up, I’m soo sorry. I’ll text Sawyer when and if I can make it back out.” A car was pulling up now to and his sister was waving goodbye as she got in.

“Guess you’re stuck with me?” he said, uneasily. This was excruciatingly hard to be around her and now that his sister was gone, he didn’t know if it was exactly a good idea to continue. There was an animal urge in himself that he had been trying not to give into this whole time

Evangeline glanced up at him as he started to talk and she sighed softly, managing a small smile as she listened to him and she murmured softly "it's okay..."

Both Sawyer and Evie seemed to panic at the prospect of being alone together and Marina ditching them and she watched with a sigh as Marina left in a car and she turned to face Sawyer again.

"Yeah...I guess I am" She answered,  managing a small laugh as she stood there awkwardly beside Sawyer

"So, where do we go now?" She asked as she looked up  him with a small and shy smile.

Sawyer

A sigh left his lips. The car drove away and he could see his sister talking intensely with the driver. Exactly what his sister had in mind or where she was leading them, he had no idea. Sawyer kept heading in the direction of town and shrugged lightly at the question.

“I have no idea what my crazy sister had planned. So wherever you’d like to go? I’m not exactly picky, so I don’t mind you picking.” he said, with a small smile. A glance was stolen in her direction, but he mainly kept his focus on the path ahead of them.    

Evangeline followed Sawyer into town, trying to keep up with his pace as he marched in the direction of town, and she winced slightly as she put unneeded strain and pressure on her leg and she glanced up at him, managing a slight smile, despite the pain she was in, just at the sight of his smile, which was stupid...she shouldn't be so easily moved by such a simple thing.

"I don't mind...I haven't been into town for a while, so I really don't know what I would pick" She admitted quietly, as she glanced up at Sawyer before looking away, and instead focusing on the trail that they were following, just like he was.

Sawyer

Town was never really his favorite place to begin with, so he had to ponder for a moment what options they had. His gaze went to the sky, like the right answer would be written in the clouds or something. Frankly, he was exactly very hungry.

“We could grab some sandwiches and have a picnic?” he suggested, seeing how lame of an idea that was when he spoke it out loud. “That is a dumb idea. We can just go to a little diner or something if you want.” His blue eyes turned to her and he noticed her limping rather badly. “You need help?” he asked, pointing down at her leg

Evangeline glanced up at him as she heard his idea, and she shook her head with a small smile

"No, it's not a stupid idea at all...in fact, a picnic sounds quite nice actually, it's a nice day, after all, no point in wasting it," she said softly as she looked up at him, before sighing at his next question, and she looked down at her leg.

It was hurting her quite a bit in all honesty, but she didn't want to admit that and seem like a wimp in front of him, so she shook her head "No, I'm fine..." she answered softly and continued to move down the path, her hands clenched by her side, to try and hide the fact that they were shaking slightly.

Sawyer

The lie caused an eye roll. Did she know how bad at that she was? The fists clenched at her sides gave it away and without much thinking he picked her up bridal style. In the process he was gently to make sure he didn’t bother the injury. Immediately he realized how bad of an idea it was when their faces ended up so close. He had an impulse to kiss her right there, but looked away to prevent it from happening. It took a sec to get his bearing together, but he turned back with a giant smile.

“We can stop at the grocery store, that way you can ride in one of those electric carts the old people drive.” he suggested, laughing at he was slightly making a tease at her for having to use the electric cart. They were just entering the town now and the grocery store was only a few blocks away.  

She let out a gasp as suddenly her feet weren't touching the floor, and instead, she was in somebody's strong arms, and pressed against their warm chest and she looked up at Sawyers' face, still shocked but her cheeks also blushing as she realised how close they were to each other and she giggled as she saw the big smile on his face, and it was like it was contagious, and all she could do was beam back up at him.

"Oh shut up" she giggled shaking her head as he teased her, and she couldn't help but relax in his arms as the tension between them seemed to be lifted and she leant her head on his shoulder, looking around the town as he approached the grocery store, most likely wanting to embarrass her by putting her in one of those carts and tease her some more

Sawyer

The store was owned by a local, not one of those big cooperate ones and to his disappointment there were only regular carts. Sawyer eyed it wondering what to do next when he got a little closer to the car with a bit of a mischievous smile. At least he’d be able to get one tease in still.

“Could try and squeeze you into the kid seat.” he said with a small laugh, acting like he was going to give it a try. Of course it was only a joke and he slowly entered the store still carrying her and heading towards the deli where the premade sandwiches were. “Alright missy, you have to be my arms.” he said, walking over to the refrigerated cooler to get a closer look at the options. When he saw one he like he stepped in closer so she could grab whatever she liked and asked her to snag the sandwich he wanted. He did the same for drinks before heading over to the register.       

She couldn't help but squeal and laugh as he moved closer to the trolley like he was going to try and squeeze her into the kids partition, and she clung onto him, as he moved back away from the cart and she smiled up at him, her cheeks all flushed and happy looking as he made his way through the store, carrying her and she moved slightly, trying to get more comfy as he walked.

Evie picked up the sandwich he wanted, before picking up a simple ham one for her and she  held the drinks too, holding them closely against her, not wanting them to fall out of her arms before they paid and she couldn't help but giggle at the weird judgemental look on the cashier's face as she scanned their food for them while Sawyer held Evie.

Sawyer

The judgmental cashier was hardly noticed as Sawyer performed a balancing act and got his wallet out of his back pocket, all the while keeping Evangeline still in his arms. The items were paid for and only when the bag was held out did he catch on to the long nose brunette’s attitude. Both brows rose in surprise, but he just proceeded out the store with a have a nice day. Back into the woods where they came from he headed, to find a bit of privacy so they could eat without people staring at the two of them. The whole time he kept a bit of small talk going until he found a bit of clearing and a fallen tree they could eat on.

“Here we go.” he said, sitting her down and taking a seat next to her, closer than he realized. Their shoulders were touching as he helped sort the food out of the bag. The bottle of apple juice was cracked open first as he turned to flash Evie a smile.

Evangeline smiled softly as she just listened to Sawyer talking as they made their way into the woods, to find somewhere nice to have a picnic, Evie holding the plastic bag carrying  their food inside of it as Sawyer walked, carrying her.

She smiled as she was carefully set down on the floor, and she couldn't help but smile slightly more as Sawyer sat down close next to her.

And she opened up her own bottle of juice, both of them seemingly struggling to take their eyes of each other

Sawyer

In many ways it was easier to be around her now that the air had cleared. The juice was sat down and he went to start eating his sandwich when he stole a glance in her direction again. There were no distractions our here and when their eyes connected he didn’t even realize that he had given in to his animal instincts. Sawyer planted a kiss right on her lips. Slowly he pulled away from the kiss, their faces still only a couple inches apart.

It was hard not to go in for another, deepening it, but he held off. Part of him was embarrassed that he had done such a thing out of the blue and the wolf inside him was fighting to take over and continue and it was winning. Sawyer went in for another, but regained control at the last second and only their lips were grazing one another.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back