• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Limbus Company/ Library of Ruina Setting Interest Check

Autumn Leaf

Chrysalis, Metamorphosis, Genesis
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Disclaimer: All art belongs to Project Moon or other respective creators. Unless stated otherwise.
image_2023-12-31_121356808.png

"With so many paths, which one is the right one to take? Will we end up where our dreams lay?
Or perhaps, we will venture to a place were we must forsake them to go forward. Will our path take us to an end... or merely a beginning?
Sometimes I wish I knew all the answers... But will the truth even satisfy me?"

I feel there is a great under representation of this gruesome, dystopian setting based on the Project Moon universe. This is a crime I am hoping to rectify. Of course, while this rp will be lifting the main elements of this setting, I do not want to completely copy every aspect and plagiarize their great works. Major characters will be changed or altered to suit this rp. That said, I will be using some excerpts from the official site to expediate understanding for the sake of onboarding. Further changes will be made along the way.

Before we begin, I would like to lay down some expectations;
There will be mature themes throughout, 18+ admittance only.
At least once a week posts. Though more is always welcome! OOC participation is expected (probably via discord), but not required.
As a group rp, it is best when people actively interact with each other in their posts. I cannot stress this enough. Try to express actions that other people can latch onto. Don't just monologue internally. That said, do not control other players actions without consent. The post length does not matter. As the GM, it is also my responsibility to provide ample space to freely enjoy and express yourself. So please, before you even think about joining consider these few core tenants for how I will oversee the rp.

Note: A text in quotations, further context can be found in sections further below.
The core theme of this rp is 'sacrifice', with all of our characters being various "Fixers" working under a unique "Office". The core team will be employees for the Wallflower Office, an independent organization unaffiliated with any particular association. This specialized forum is interested with individuals with 'special talents', led by an Operator who claims to possess a secret singularity capable of 'hearing the framework of will'. A secret that would destroy them all if discovered. Yet, is also the key to attain their individual wishes. This particular office's main function is to investigation phenomena known as "Abnormalities", uncovering their nature and understanding their relation to "E.G.O." and "Distortions". While following the various cases presented to the team, it will lead to the office coming to odds with various other entities and organizations who also have an interest in the is these powerful identities and items.

Despite the many depictions of twisted imagery, and grim nature of this dark low-cyberpunk setting, expect plenty of hijinks and wacky adventure (as is commonly found in the P-Moon titles) as the crew navigates through the harrowing setting known as the City.

This will be a character-focused RP, so go in focusing on interactions, relationship building, trust-secrecy=betrayal, and mounting drama between the cast.
But always keep in your mind, the most important rule while working for the Wallflower Office; "Knock Thrice. And don't mention its name."

Character Sheet Thread:
OOC:

Brief Setting Lore:

• 1703975368985.png
    A metropolis of corporate nesting.

Our massive City is divided into 26 Districts, each unique in its technological advancements and culture. No two Districts are alike! For example, in whatever Nest we may be staying, it might be considered common courtesy to make sure no food is wasted. However, the Nest right next to it could just so happen to believe that it is a virtuous act to throw leftovers at the poor, as to let the destitute enjoy some sort of feast. When traveling, it's recommended that you read up on the customs and taboos of each Nest before visiting.

The Outskirts is a grand, empty expanse lying outside of the City. It is said to be an ungoverned, exceptionally dangerous territory, and City dwellers are largely advised to stay away from it.

A large train also runs in a circle along the edge of the Outskirts, for unknown reasons.

Last edited:
Yo, love the L-Corp series and have been racking my brain on what to do for a RP for this setting. I would love to join up.

Oh hey, does Wallflower office have a dress-code they maintain or like any sort of calling card? Super interested in learning more about the office!

CatJones CatJones Happy to be of service! Hope to see you around.

Juju Juju
In this world,, every office, association, or wing are depicted as having a unique color scheme or particular uniform. This is two-fold -- As the presence of fashionable uniforms are seen as a 'authenticity' or 'legitimacy' used for marketing of the organization to third parties. It may make even lower ranked offices appear more capable than they really are. A simple marketing trick to draw in attention for work, as contracts are a very, very cutthroat sort of business.

Secondly, often the uniforms are custom made, tailored with special fabrics that can sometimes enhance their bodies or provide some power, such as Liu Association by have ignition devices sewn into their uniforms for use in their fire-based kung-fu techniques.

For the Wallflower Office, I have a few color schemes and a fashion style in mind. However, I also want the players to feel like they can choose their own individual fashion.

So stay tuned for it!

Count me in, I would love to join in on this. Do I have to know anything about Project moon to join in? I've never even heard of it before.

Count me in, I would love to join in on this. Do I have to know anything about Project moon to join in? I've never even heard of it before.
While the information in the link provided is mostly accurate some of it has been altered or retconned in the newest game Limbus Company.

I suggest reading the basics here, and just learning as you go!

I posted the wrong link, there is an updated one for Limbus

The real question is, do I create stock evil old woman, or stock N-Corp glasses man.

I posted the wrong link, there is an updated one for Limbus

Oh, nice! That is very helpful!

The real question is, do I create stock evil old woman, or stock N-Corp glasses man.

Keep in mind, the backstory must be justified and approved. And employment is only maintained to those who perform and successfully achieve contract goals. Even given their unique circumstances, the City is an incredibly dangerous place. Lone wolfs and other solo-types typically end up dead.

Anyway. In other news, I have posted a CS sheet here. Feel free to come up with some ideas for your characters!

I think I'll make my character sheltered to explain away my and by extension, their lack of knowledge and things I may have missed when briefly going over the lore.

I think I'll make my character sheltered to explain away my and by extension, their lack of knowledge and things I may have missed when briefly going over the lore.
Don't worry, not everyone knows everything about every District or Wing. Many people just stick their noses to the ground and simply survive, day to day, unconcerned about the terrible things happening around them.

Probably the most important detail is which District they are from. If you need help, or a suggestion, I can provide one for you~

Which reminds me, I have to make an OOC + Discord. Will link in the OP once everything is set up.

Keep in mind, the backstory must be justified and approved. And employment is only maintained to those who perform and successfully achieve contract goals. Even given their unique circumstances, the City is an incredibly dangerous place. Lone wolfs and other solo-types typically end up dead.
1704144658870.png

are you doubting them

LOL

Well, keep in mind, we're not the 'main characters' here in the overall setting. You neglect all the countless people who die across the story. The characters for this rp just got somewhat lucky (or unlucky) and ended up here, in a somewhat more beneficial state. So it's best not to go in with that 'main character' attitude for this RP.

Oh, nice! That is very helpful!

Anyway. In other news, I have posted a CS sheet here. Feel free to come up with some ideas for your characters!

hype hype hype hype

I've linked an OOC now, so please go there.
Do not spam this chat with anything not showing interest any further. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back