• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Light in the Darkness OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Shes got a Coxsakie virus. But at least the fever has broken si shes on the mend

Much better. My baby is almost completely over it and my wife is doing much better. I'll be able to get a post up tomorrow. :-)

Good good! I just got back from two back to back board games of Betrayal at House on The Hill (I won the first game and my team won the second game). Oh and I have two As for the semester so far.

Things are going well for me. It'll be the fifth night of Chanukah and my now 1 year old baby girl is loving all the singing and us lighting the candles.

Things are going well for me. It'll be the fifth night of Chanukah and my now 1 year old baby girl is loving all the singing and us lighting the candles.
I'm not familiar with any holiday traditions other than Christmas XD Mind if I ask about what that entails/means?

I'm not familiar with any holiday traditions other than Christmas XD Mind if I ask about what that entails/means?
Sure. Chanukah lasts for 8 nights which is how long the oil was able to last. (It was only supposed to be enough for 1 night) every night we light one additional candle singing prayers and exchanging gifts.

The story of chanukah was that the greeks damaged and defiled the temple in Jerusalem. Only a small vial of oil remained untouched. It took 8 days to refine more oil for the holy lights.

Sure. Chanukah lasts for 8 nights which is how long the oil was able to last. (It was only supposed to be enough for 1 night) every night we light one additional candle singing prayers and exchanging gifts.

The story of chanukah was that the greeks damaged and defiled the temple in Jerusalem. Only a small vial of oil remained untouched. It took 8 days to refine more oil for the holy lights.
Ah, I see. Is that what a menorah is for, then? I always knew it had some kind of religious significance, but I can't recall my own religion ever using one themselves so I never really learned what it was

The menorah is the candle holder. There might be some additional significance, but if there is, I cant recall it at the moment. Chanukah isn't one of the high holy days and really just commemorates a small miracle. Plus Juda Macabee and his troops defeating the greeks that had occupied Jerusalem

The menorah is the candle holder. There might be some additional significance, but if there is, I cant recall it at the moment. Chanukah isn't one of the high holy days and really just commemorates a small miracle. Plus Juda Macabee and his troops defeating the greeks that had occupied Jerusalem
Ah, gotcha. Well, it's still cool to hear about ^.^ I don't really get to hear much about other religions, since I live smack in the middle of Utah.

Not that I dislike or disbelieve in the LDS church, it just means there's little variety in my area so the only things I hear about are what I catch here and there online XD

That's Fair. Lol. I'm always happy to share jewish culture and holidays with you. :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back