• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Light-Hearted Adventure in which a group of bizzare, colorful characters make their way on an advent

I understand, and I was kinda stumped on personality and so I just threw something together.

Also I've never seen Steven universe so I know nothing about it.

if @TheSwimminglyVaporeon Is okay with the personality then I won't change it but I will if they don't approve.

but other than that is the rest of the CS okay?

Yes.

In my personal opinion, other than the needlessly cruel personality she is quite a good villain.

In terms of strength, an antagonist should be stronger than a protagonist as it creates tension and forces the protagonist to change and develop if he wishes to beat said antagonist.

I understand, and I was kinda stumped on personality and so I just threw something together.

Also I've never seen Steven universe so I know nothing about it.

if @TheSwimminglyVaporeon Is okay with the personality then I won't change it but I will if they don't approve.

but other than that is the rest of the CS okay?

Oh, and since you didn't see Steven Universe, here's the de facto song I mentioned:
(Remember that the person, or rather being singing it is one of the three major leaders of an ancient, alien empire. And that said being is a cold, merciless conqueror most of the time.)

I love how you used Yellow Diamond as an example. XD Tbh you couldn't have made a better example.

I know right.

The way they humanize the diamonds is amazing in that show. And that's kind of weird... humanizing... for an alien race... maybe geminizing is a more fitting title.

Last edited by a moderator:
@TheSwimminglyVaporeon

Either way, before we can set off - the only last thing we need is for @Lettuce to finish Character D (Ship Captain) and Character B (Damsel/Dude in Distress)

I think Lettuce claimed them, right? Or am I having some weird amnesia? I hope not. Memory problems are the last thing I need right now.

Well, I think Lettuce WAS going to be the ship captain but he decided against it to be the villain? So if nobody wants the ship captain. I'll take it. I don't mind having two major roles. But if anyone else wants it, all theirs.

Okay! Just completely changed her personality! I hope it is so much better! I think it's actually pretty good for a villain! :D

Ill do both, nbd
Well, I think Lettuce WAS going to be the ship captain but he decided against it to be the villain? So if nobody wants the ship captain. I'll take it. I don't mind having two major roles. But if anyone else wants it, all theirs.

tumblr_nhpynpB7NI1ti54jto1_500.gif

Finally finished my own character.

View attachment 253047BASIC INFORMATION

Name: Jenny Fountaine

Aliases: J; The King's Archer; The Whistling Arrow

Race: Human

Class: Ranger

PERSONAL

Sexuality: Heterosexual

High Concept: A legendary archer who is just adding another small quest to her ever growing list of feats.

Character Alignment: Neutral Good

Relatives: Mother (alive), Father (alive), Younger brother (Probably alive too)

Organizations\Affiliations: Freelancer of 21st Royal Scouting Corp

Personality: A generally cheerful attitude, Jenny takes things in stride. Knowing her position as a killer, she tries not to think too much about her actions. She likes to tease people, especially poking fun at romantic couples. Despite all the stories and tales she can tell, she doesn't talk much about her family. Most would find it odd given all the memorabilia that she has on her, but she has her reasons. She decides her own quests, and only accomplishes the king's will in dire of situations. Despite the title of part of the Royal Scouting Corp, she doesn't feel particularly tied to it. She also has a habit of whistling when she fires her arrows, the same pitch it would make when in flight.

Backstory:

Jenny Fountaine, the kingdom's greatest archer. Born to a retired soldier and a housewife, she has adopted her father's expertise in archery. She honed her skill in academies, wilderness, and competitions. For much of her life, she was the idol of the family. Eventually, when her brother was born, she was already a notable member and rising star in the army (she joined the king's forces at 15). Well, problems happened in the family, and she left to become a freelancer. There wasn't exactly a huge fight, but more of a misunderstanding that left her and her family not on speaking-terms.

Well, as a freelancer, Jenny quickly rose in fame, accomplishing feats that were thought only possible for elven archers. Sometime around the age of 25, she took part in a massive part that culminated in her Grand Bow of the Victor. Nowadays, she get to choose her quests, which isn't much of a problem since the king considers most quests not valuable enough to call upon the Whistling Arrow. This however, might be problem enough.

PHYSICAL

Appearance: Given the image, I doubt much needs to be said, other than the fact that she's 5 foot 10 inches and is extremely light.

Weapons & Armor:

• Grand Bow of the Victor - A beautifully well crafted bow bestowed upon her for her services to the King despite her title of Freelance. It is extremely sturdy and has aided her well.
  • Leather Quiver - Stores up to 40 arrows in this belt quiver. Also has a small pouch.
  • Sling shot - Something of a sentiment of her childhood. She uses it with great accuracy when she runs out of arrows.
  • Outfit - Leather, Leather, Leather, all leather with light cloth, gorgeously sewn with intricate design. Those shoulder plates don't provide protection, so much as embellish her family crest and a nod to her father's service. It also has a nice hoodie. The whole outfit is quite light and provides good protection from the weather.

Items & Personal Belongings:

• Blue Earring - A gift from her mother
  • Money - Enough to survive, most of it goes to her family.

Skills & Abilities:

• Insane Archery Skills - They're so good that they can surpass an elven archer. It has led some to speculate that she's actually an elf with disguised as a human, or even a descended god. She's just a normal human tho. Extreme pinpoint accuracy and range tho.
  • Survivalist - She damn well knows how to look good while living off of berries and squirrels.
  • A Living Legend - It can get you places, even to the king! Well, she can do that already with the Royal Corp.
  • Royal Corp - She garners respect from both her patriots and her enemies.
  • Story Teller - She's got a number of them.
  • Hardcore Parkour! - Hardcore Parkour!

Spells & Magic:

• Arrows - Not really magical, but she keeps about 15 arrows enchanted to break any magical barrier or obstruction (think origin bullet from fate/zero)
  • Flight of the Free - Grants her speed, agility, and dexterity, culminating in a "kiting god"

Weaknesses:

• Archer - If you can get past her rain of arrows, she's an easy kill.
  • Squishy - She can't really take too many hits.

FLUFF (Optional)

Hobbies: Flinging stuff with the slingshot for "target practice," Free running and parkour.

Quote\s:

"Haha! I maybe single, but I am not an option!"

"Perhaps you would like to listen to this tale..."

Theme:

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay! Just completely changed her personality! I hope it is so much better! I think it's actually pretty good for a villain! :D

I'm lovin' it.

It's good because 1:

1. She puts her citizens above all else and is empathetic towards them.
  2. Due to that, she wishes to be immortal as her citizens desire an immortal ruler.
  3. Due to that, she wishes to free a long-forgotten god from his prison to have the power to live forever.
  4. Due to that, she needs the blood of Character B.
  5. Character A wants to save Character B.

Can you see how many steps create the conflict? There's a lot of tension here.

Receiving aid from a God seems a better way to achieve immortality than becoming a Lich or a Vampire as both have major cons to them. (Liches are disgusting beasts that lost most of their reasoning, while Vampires are blood-sucking monsters.)

The new personality is better because it is not as much flawed as it is conflict-inducing in terms of storytelling.

I actually have to say that from a rather 4/10 antagonist, Sandra suddenly scaled up to the higher tiers.

Being forgotten does wonders for my confidence you know...

Anyway Birdsie is right, I did say I wanted to be a minion and now that my Lady of Darkness is made I shall get to my character post haste. 

I'm lovin' it.

It's good because 1:

1. She puts her citizens above all else and is empathetic towards them.
  2. Due to that, she wishes to be immortal as her citizens desire an immortal ruler.
  3. Due to that, she wishes to free a long-forgotten god from his prison to have the power to live forever.
  4. Due to that, she needs the blood of Character B.
  5. Character A wants to save Character B.

Can you see how many steps create the conflict? There's a lot of tension here.

Receiving aid from a God seems a better way to achieve immortality than becoming a Lich or a Vampire as both have major cons to them. (Liches are disgusting beasts that lost most of their reasoning, while Vampires are blood-sucking monsters.)

The new personality is better because it is not as much flawed as it is conflict-inducing in terms of storytelling.

I actually have to say that from a rather 4/10 antagonist, Sandra suddenly scaled up to the higher tiers.

Omg with that reasoning we've got the perfect villain.

Being forgotten does wonders for my confidence you know...

Anyway Birdsie is right, I did say I wanted to be a minion and now that my Lady of Darkness is made I shall get to my character post haste. 

Awww!

You poor little unconfident human X_X

*Hugs*

1460988091-6e86cd666a30fcc1128c585c82a20cdd.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back