• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Light and Darkness (Powers/Superheroes/City RP)

[Dr. Anderson]
Look at that. He was right. If three or four Spritz showed up at a bank robbery, how many more would at a robot committing genocide? There was a dragon apparently diving at the robot now, and man, he was being entertained. He stopped smiling at the carnage and froze. Wait a moment.
"What is it?" Simplistic asked, curious.
"Are the Tenebris ranked in a hierarchy?" Anderson asked quickly.
"Yes, why?" Inanimacy narrowed his eyes in Anderson's head.
"What about the Spritz?" Addison Anderson asked the Tenebris.
"Oh, no, they have a council. Did. We took over." Simplistic informed him, smiling. Anderson nodded rapidly.
"I see. So you're relatively low-ranked." Anderson said, to Simplistic's chagrin.
"Insult me again, and I will be the first Tenebris to use a carcass as a host." Simplistic growled, and Anderson sighed.
"I just wanted to know. Our powers are immense compared to the ordinary sheep," He gestured out his balcony window. "but compared to a dragon, someone lava-bending, turning into animals, and harnessing the power of biology, we're relatively weak. I'm just asking so I can know how to act in the presence of other Tenebris." Anderson clarified, dismissing some of the Tenebris's rage.
"Very well. I am, comparatively, a neophyte. I haven't harnessed Negative Energy as much as most of the other Tenebris, so my powers are relatively... lessened, comparatively." The Tenebris admitted. Anderson nodded curtly.
"Thank you. And so, in the presence of others, reverence?" Anderson asked, to clarify.
"Without it, my goodness. They'll tear you apart."

( Hall Kervean Hall Kervean Caymen is a Tenebris)

Caymen, when he eventually got close to the machine, grabbed it with his massive claws. As soon as he did so, he flapped his iron like wings, making debris part from him. He soared high into the air, clutching the machine with all of his strength. To avoid going too high he then dropped the machine.
"How to change back!" He screams. It comes out more as a deep growl.
"Deep breath. Imagine yourself normal whilst doing so."
"Also do I have super strength aflame?"
"Somewhat. Consider yourself as strong as five healthy men combined. Nothing extra"
That should be enough. He then lights up, flying downward toward the robot. He hugs it, hoping he can melt the metal surface as well. He pushed the machine, aiding gravity in getting the thing down.

Last edited:
( carter_ carter_ Ik. IC, Anderson doesn't.)
[Dr. Anderson]
Surprise him. Only one showed up, but it was doing so in a spectacular display. But all the same... Bet it would be better as a live event. Simplistic raised his eyebrow as Anderson switched off the TV, grabbed his keys, and, after carefully locking the door, ran down the stairs for the second time that morning. This time, since he actually wanted to get to his destination, he hopped aboard his motorcycle and roared towards downtown. He usually walked to work, a thirty minute walk. But on a motorcycle and on a normal day, it would take him around seven minutes to get to the center of the city. But as the streets were nearly devoid of traffic, at least until he got close, it took him about a minute and a half. When the trickle grew into a roar, he pulled into an alley and parked his motorcycle behind a pile of trash before acting like a salmon and running against the stream of people towards the center of the city.

[Simplistic Inanimacy]
I recognize that man's power. I don't remember from where, or who it was, or even if it was an old Spritz friend or a more recent Tenebris one. All I recall is fire and dragon belonged to one alone. Hopefully I can recollect, because if I don't and Anderson tries to speak with him, he may well perish, even if it's a Tenebris. And since it's saving people, there's a good chance it isn't.

Last edited:
Lucy
The power was starting to get to Caymen's head. He didn't know it, but there was a severe backlash to exhibiting such raw power. He would turn insane. The power would consume his old self and turn him evil. Lucy sat in the depths of his mind, waiting for that time to come. He knew Caymen wanted power. He knew he was hungry to feel like someone after the neglect he received as a child. This battle was already making cracks in his humanity. To Caymen, Lucy was an angel, a being that cared for others. Little did he know that Lucy was practically the devil, and his show of good would not hide for much longer. Lucy needed someone to aid him in ruling Detroit. After all other Tenebris see just how powerful they are, they will be forced to kneel. He laughed as a angered Caymen fought. The Gremlin Lot, the group he once led will rise again. And all who walk will bow in their wake.

DM

The AERIS Mk.5 easily shrugged off the earlier attempts at dismantling it, but did not expect an entire dragon to start to throw it around. The robot calculated its situation, and fired off a couple of booster jets to stabilize itself from the violent throw. The robot let loose multiple missiles to keep the dragon off of it, while also firing away with its machine guns towards any remaining civilians in the area. It could afford to multitask, since that was one of its design parameters during testing.

The IIF continue to monitor the situation, trying to get its operative teams in the area to shut that thing down. The IIF also noticed the resurgence of the same power-wielding humans from the earlier robbery attempt. It seems that the Spritz and the Tenebris are not going to stay quiet any longer...

[Anderson]
Well, by golly, he could see the robot. Anderson was a few blocks away, but he could tell the robot was pretty large. He wasn't the closest civilian, by far, but as he saw the rockets launched into the air at the dragon, he also caught a mess of twinkles on the mech's body. He gasped as he heard the chattering of machine gun fire and saw the closest civilians begin to get cut down. He ducked back into the side street and heard chunks of brick and concrete ship off as the bullets nicked them off, intending to impact Anderson. He didn't scream. He didn't shout. He didn't cry as he saw the hundreds of people on the block cut down, pools of blood beginning to form around them. He began doing something most would deem illogical. He began to laugh. And he flexed his third muscle, grabbing an hardlight sword and shield. It was literally hardened light, and the shield could absorb some bullets, though it would probably dissolve after being impacted by too many machine gun bullets. The sword could cut through all metal it had been tested against. Simplistic had discovered it while visiting one of his friend's dimensions, and he had had it pop up in Anderson's mind. Anderson smiled again.
"We're knights, Simplistic, knights of Kami. Time to slay our dragon."
"Yeah, well, do your best to dodge the bullets. The shield won't hold up for long." Simplistic warned him. Anderson's smile slipped and he nodded.
"Well, hopefully the dragon can finish it by the time we get there." He said, before running out into the street. He remained close to the side of the street, ready to duck into buildings or alleys, should the situation demand it.

Caymen
Caymen dodged the missiles with ease. He opened his mouth and a gust of fire allowed one to explode. He flew straight through the massive explosion, his massive wings beating the air hard. Rage pumped through his heart. He landed back on the asphalt, creating a rather large crater. A spine chilling roar escaped his mouth.
"Dare fight against a dragon? A god?" He growled. His being in dragon form distorted his voice, making it sound like something he'd only heard in his nightmares. The want to tear the machine limb from limb made him bare his teeth in a smile. He thrusted his claws into the street, pulling out massive chunks of it and throwing it at the robot. They were easily as big as a mini-van. When he let the fire in his throat claw out, it was a dark blue. It was hotter, making the air boil and rock melt. Caymen cackled an evil cackle, his sanity slipping through his grip with every passing minute.

[Anderson]
He continued to make his way towards the robot. The dragon was making good progress, having made it an intricate dance of fire and metal. His arrival would hopefully not end in being burnt, but rather being able to take out the bot's leg. That was his goal: Put the robot off balance, so it could not operate properly. In the meantime...
"Simplistic. Do you have any way to hide my face?" Anderson asked.
"No." The Tenebris answered, shortly and sweetly.
"Alright." Anderson said. He deactivated his sword and put it in his pocket, before grabbing a handkerchief and putting it on his face as he ran. "I usually add chloroform." He explained. He reactivated his hardlight sword and continued his sprint towards the mech. He was only a block away when he heard the dragon roar "Dare fight against a dragon? A god?" and Simplistic gasped.
"Ohhh, heavens above and hell below, Lucy." He said, then realized he needed to explain. "He's a bit off his rocker. He's a Tenebris of a rather higher ranking, and glory be, seems like he found a very willing host. But he's of one of the more common groups of Tenebris, those that just want to maim, kill, and destroy. Oftentimes, those Tenebris forget our main goal is to kill Spritz, not desecrate the ground they once stood upon." Anderson nodded.
"So he's a bit crazy, but he's still Kami to us?" Anderson asked. In his mind's eye, the Tenebris nodded.
"Alright." Anderson was only a hundred or so feet away from the mech. "Let's finish this." He adopted a kendo stance while running, and prepared to cut through the mech's leg.

Caymen
Caymen is about to hurl another wave of fire towards the robot when Lucy's voice echoes in his thoughts.
"Is that Simplistic I see?" Caymen scowled in response, now noticing the small figure racing towards the robot. He held a sword and ran particularly weirdly.
"Who?"
"A Tenebris. Not an important one. Don't kill him, though, he can serve as well in the coming time." Caymen grunted and allowed the fire to seep back into him.
"Simplistic," he bellowed, "disperse or die."
He rushed the robot, running on two legs with his wings making the process faster, ready to engage into hand to hand combat. His breath would burn the Tenebris easily, and Caymen didn't think Lucy was the type to spare lives for nothing.

Last edited:
[Anderson]
He was within ten feet of the mechanized beast and had begun to swing his sword. He heard the dragon roar "Simplistic, disperse or die."
Well... that changed things. He could completely lop off the mech's foot if he decided to ignore the dragon's words. But, of course, Lucy was of higher rank, and so he began to turn, only cutting through part of the robot. The robot's metal was sliced through, and it did begin to lose its balance some, but not nearly what he had intended. He ran away from the fray, raising his shield behind him to ensure no spare bullets were headed his way.
"Well, that was lucky." Simplistic said. "I was unsure if he would have his host stop or not. All the same, we'd better get aw-" The Tenebris stopped speaking. "Well shoot. Get on your bike. We need to get at least a kilometer away, I think I know what Lucy's planning." Anderson simply nodded. Ugh, he'd be running about seven blocks. That was probably half a mile. And at a full sprint both ways. He deactivated his sword and put it in his pocket, knowing he wouldn't need it anymore. He was still a block and a half from his bike.

Last edited:
Caymen
Lucy thought out the situation and was not wanting to sit through a hand to hand fight. There was a faster solution.
"Caymen I have one more ability I have not shown you yet."
"What would that be? I need everything you have to offer."
"I call it Obliteration. It's immensely powerful, and could potentially melt this nuisance. The only problem is that you need to gather more energy. You've used quite a bit of it on your breath."
"Then tell me I get more energy." Lucy instructed Caymen and he nodded. Caymen would have to leave the robot. Hopefully, the process was fast. He disengaged from the machine and flew straight up.
"You're going to need to be out of dragon form for it to work."
He complied and took a big breath, imagining himself normal. Suddenly the power he was bathed in falls faster than him. Out of reflex he sets himself aflame and balances himself in the air. Then he explodes back up into the atmosphere in a trail of red-orange fire.
"The sun will cover you in enough energy. When you hear a pop in your ears stop flying."
He did as instructed and was soon floating among the stars. He didn't know he could go this high. The city was invisible under blanket of thick clouds. The sun covered the earth in gold light. The minutes ticked and the power began to replenish. The anger he felt soon returned too. He clenched his fists, memories flooding him. They all showed him as weak, lost, abused.
Never again, he thought.
"You know what to do," lazily spoke Lucy. Indeed he did. He fell back toward Earth the flames around him now turned a brilliant blue. The space around him seemed to bend and he raced toward the city. Soon the robot was in his sights. He let all the memories devour him. The power, it made him a god. No one would make him feel inferior again. He broke through the clouds, the city of Detroit enclosing him rapidly. Just how powerful could he be? Within the timeframe of a second he impacts the robot, head on. As he does so he releases all of the pent up energy. His vision is consumed by fire.

[Anderson]
He had just reached his motorcycle when he saw the sun begin to be forced to complete. The day turned brighter, and he realized he had less than a minute, if he wanted to live. He hopped aboard and sped out of the alley, whipping around the corner and away. He broke the speed limit before doubling it, hitting sixty on the city streets. He barely broke the kilometer barrier before the second, blue sun began pummeling towards the surface below. He had left behind a few of the ones who either had a death wish or simply couldn't move fast enough.
"Are we clear!?" Anderson shouted at Simplistic.
"I'm in your head. You can speak normally." Simplistic said calmly, and that calmed Anderson down.
"So we are?" He asked.
"You won't die. But if you ever want to feel things again, I'd suggest tripling the speed limit." Simplistic said slyly. Honestly, Anderson would be complete fine. He just wanted to see the man whip around corners at ninety miles an hour. Anderson hit seventy five before maintaining his speed there. He was not going to triple the speed limit when there were packs of people ahead.

(going to hold out any more actions until Peram responds. The blast should have melted AERIS, but only Peram as full control of that.)

(ok, dunno what time it is rn and dunno where to start
if daytime i guess she could start off working at the local detroit library
if nighttime, roxas, is it okay if latarki, who may as well be taking control of max's body, meets with booker and co.?)

(any Tenebris who wish to join the Gremlin Lot please PM me or say so here.)

(It's earlyish day)
(okay.)
Max sighed. She sat at her desk, the place where people either check in, or check out, their books, viewing a photo of her pre-accident days on her phone. The photo showed her and two men in work clothes, smiling at the camera. It has been a few years since the accident happened. It was a little painful for her to look at, considering that she mainly took caution in maintaining electric lines, and a mistake she made that cost the librarian her lineworker job and limbs and the fact that she likely will never see those two again.
"You're lucky you're not dead yet," the voice inside her head said.
Or he thinks of himself as Latarki, a Spritz that decided that residing in Max's body was a good idea. He had yet to get into action in a few days. And yet, he had been constantly preparing himself for battles by weaponizing Max's prosthetics into enhancements, and standalone weapons, for either him, and/or his powers.
"Yeah..." Max thought in her head, talking to the voice.

DM

The AERIS Mk.5 is made up of a special augmented diamond coating specifically designed to withstand even small scale nucleaer explosions. It's not a stretch to say that the robot managed to survive the initial burst of flames by the human-dragon, although its internal systems did need to reboot for 5 seconds as a result of the sheer amount of heat. The Mk.5 immediately picked up the slack and tried to combat the dragon once more, this time firing off focused lasers.

As the dragon rockets towards the robot for a massive impact, the Mk.5 simply raises up one of its hands. In the hand's palm, a strange twinkle occurs, before a massive containment field emerges. The containment field, composed of Positive Energy harvested from prior Spritz host test subjects of the IIF. As the dragon enters its range, the containment field quickly stuns and captures the dragon, forcing it down to the ground.

Meanwhile, the Mk.5 charges up a massive laser blast, intending to fully end the dragon before it could try and attack its somewhat weakened form after the trial by fire.

Just then, she hears someone say, "Ahem", so she turned her head upward to face the person. It was a man holding a book. A book about a rising music star that doesn't know whether to be with the big labels, or go indie. The only thing that came out of Max's mouth was the following words, "Library card?"
The man nodded, pulling out said card before giving both items to the redhead. She then processed the book and eventually checked it out for him before giving them both back to him. The two smiled, before the former left with his book. Then she looked up the local news on her phone.

(If anyone wants to rush in and help me not die that'd be much appreciated. Meanwhile I'm going to try and think of something to escape.)

[What about the weakened foot? Wink. Also, only captured you; can you not still use your city-melting ability? Will delete when irrelevant]

Last edited:
(obliteration is on timeout. And besides that his power reserves are near empty.)

DM

Meanwhile, the news is currently flooded with stories regarding the AERIS Mk.5's rampage across Detroit. Various reporters continued to report on the situation, until many of them were killed during the broadcast by the Mk.5 for being too close. Even helicopter footage is difficult to capture, as the Mk.5 fires missiles towards any nearby helicopter.

"The situation has been noted by the United States federal government and the state government. It is possible that the National Guard may be called in to contain the robotic threat.", announced one of the newscasters.

Max's mouth opened, as she stood horrified. Elsewhere in her body, Latarki was unflinched by the news, seeing as he could overload the robot with electricity to the point of defeat. So he then asked, "Hey, can you ask your boss to excuse you temporarily?", before being met with a nod from the librarian herself.
Max began making her way towards her boss, and when she finally got to the person, she asked, "...S-sorry to ask you this and...bother you a little, but may I p-please be excused from work for a little while?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back