• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Light and Darkness (Powers/Superheroes/City RP)

Perambulation

Resident Sci-Fi Franchise Creator
Submit CS (Character Sheets) here:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/light-and-darkness-cs-submission-thread.298355/

OoC Thread:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/light-and-darkness-ooc-thread.318338/

Light and Darkness

You know, it’s a bit childish to think that superheros just appear out of nowhere. Did you think superheros just magically get their powers through mutated arachnoids or some sort of experiment gone wrong? Wrong! Superheroes get their powers from their benefactors, interdimensional beings. These beings are called the Spritz, and they take human hosts all the time and give them the ability to transform into Spritz themselves in order to help save people.

Of course, they aren’t doing this out of compassion. No no, the Spritz have their own reasons for taking in human hosts. You see, the Spritz are being persecuted by the Tenebris, a group of Spritz that went full on evil and want to take absolute control of all the dimensions, including Earth. The Spritz, no longer able to hide in their own dimension, need to take in human hosts in order to gather their strength to fight back. The Tenebris, finding out about this, are taking in human hosts of their own to hunt down the remaining Spritz, since these interdimensional beings can’t take form in other dimensions without hosts.

So, why am I telling you all this? I’m a Spritz myself, you idiot! I need you to accept me as my human host so that I can fight off the Tenebris. Of course, I’ll make sure you get my share of powers to fight off evil on your own as well. What do you say, do you want to make a deal??

*||FACTIONS||*

Spritz:
The Spritz are a group of interdimensional beings charged with keeping order in the Multiverses. For almost a million years, the Spritz managed to keep the peace between the dimensions, but a disgruntled faction began to grow from the Spritz. Led by the fallen Spritz, Korai, the fallen Spritz began to claim that they are not mere peacekeepers of the dimensions, but are destined to rule them all and shape reality to their will. This message of power and control was not well received by the Council of the Spritz, the main governing body of the Spritz, and they ordered the loyalist Spritz to start purging the fallen Spritz, now named the Tenebris. Unfortunately for the Spritz, the Tenebris gathered many, many followers before they could be stopped, and the Spritz eventually found themselves on the run. They are currently residing on Earth through human hosts, gathering their forces to fight back the Tenebris

Tenebris:
Fallen Spritz that seek to impose their will on the Multiverse, the Tenebris are currently being led by Korai, the first Tenebris and ideological founder. The Tenebris are ruthless in subjugating the various dimensions, sometimes even forcibly taking in hosts of the dimension’s residents and taking over the dimension from the inside out. The Tenebris continue to hunt down the last few remaining Spritz without any remorse, as they regularly wipe them out of all Existence when caught. The Tenebris are now starting their subjugation of Earth’s dimension, starting out through voluntary human hosts through promises of great power within the realm of the Tenebris, even though they have no plans at all for sharing power with worthless human beings.

Interdimensional Investigation Force (IIF):
A human-created organization, the IIF seek to understand the various dimensions that the Universe has within it. With the discovery of the Multiverse in the year 2039 CE, the UN sanctioned the creation of the IIF to investigate the various dimensions and assess them for any potential human use. With the advent of the Spritz and the Tenebris, the IIF began to respond to increasing calls of interdimensional incidents, often the battlegrounds of the Spritz and Tenebris. The IIF do not currently fully understand the situation of the Spritz and Tenebris, and seek to study the two groups further and keep them contained.

*||LOCATIONS||*

Detroit:
The main setting of this RP, and where most of the action takes place during the Spritz and Tenebris War. As time passes, the area covered by the Spritz and Tenebris War will increase, until all of Earth becomes a battleground for the interdimensional beings. The Spritz and their human hosts need to stop the Tenebris in Detroit to prevent all of Earth being embroiled in a war beyond its understanding. Detroit is a recovering former car-manufacturing city, with most of the industry now focusing on renewable energy sources and redeveloping former factory lots into affordable housing. Even so, the city is not entirely safe, as several gangs and other criminals are still commonly seen in the rundown industrial areas.

Sub-locations

Charlie’s Diner:
One of the most popular destinations for both locals and tourists, Charlie’s Diner acts as a social hub for most people. Food is cheap and delicious, and will leave most customers satisfied. Strangely enough, there are reports from people that they saw several unexplained flashes of light in recent times (most likely as a result of Spritz and Tenebris activity).

Comerica Park:
A famous ballpark and home of the Detroit Tigers of the MLB, Comerica Park is a place for folks to enjoy a good game of baseball and have a relaxing weekend. Recently, the IIF took over the Park to serve as its temporary headquarters (HQ) because of the spike in Spritz and Tenebris activity. As a result, a massive pre-fabricated building now stands in the middle of the baseball field, where busy IIF agents go about to do their investigation on the Spritz and Tenebris.

The Corner:
A secret hideout for the Spritz human hosts, where they can feel safe about sharing their newfound allies and powers from the Spritz. It also serves as a rallying point for the Spritz and their human hosts in planning strikes against the Tenebris. Located inside a discreet alleyway, a secret entrance can be opened by exuding a bit of Positive Energy into a brick-like scanner. The Corner has basic amenities, such as first aid medicine, foods, drinks, and supplies for the Spritz and their allies.

NuKorp Building:
The central headquarters of the NuKorp Company, a prestigious high-end electronics company situated in Detroit, taking advantage of the business-friendly environment that the Detroit city council created. It provides the IIF with various equipment for the investigation of interdimensional anomalies. Rumors are circulating within the Spritz and their human hosts’ community that the CEO of NuKorp is a Tenebris host, but it has not been proven.

And other various locations that can be imagined by the RPers. Feel free to use your own knowledge of Detroit to create meetups and events.

*||LORE||*

Spritz and Tenebris War:
The current conflict between the Spritz and the Tenebris that spiraled out of control beyond the original interdimensional realm that the Spritz and Tenebris originate from. The Tenebris seek to impose their will on all the dimensions, and seek to annihilate the Spritz in a final act of vengeance. The Spritz, naturally, seek to return peace to all the dimensions and end the Tenebris threat, but are at a much weaker position in the entire war.

Council of the Spritz:
The main governing body of the Spritz, the Council of the Spritz nominally consists of 5 members of the eldest and wisest Spritz. Their combined knowledge extends to almost millions of years, considering the extrememly long life-spans of the Sprtiz. In fact, Korai was a former member of the Council of the Spritz, and used his position to convert the other Spritz to the Tenebris cause. Currently, the Council of the Spritz consists of 3 members, as 2 have abandoned the Spritz for the Tenebris.

Korai:
A fallen Spritz and the current leader of the Tenebris, Korai seeks to create a perfect Multiverse that has order and discipline, rather than the current free-flowing nature of the Multiverse. Korai was an extremely gifted Spritz from an early age, and quickly rose the ranks to attain the status of a member of the Council of the Spritz. At the time, Korai was the youngest ever Spritz to become part of the Council, at the age of 22,000 years. Naturally, the Spritz thought that Korai’s youth would bring about an age of progress for the Spritz. Unfortunately, the other 4 members of the Spritz, much older than Korai, sought to maintain the status quo for the Spritz, which was to keep the peace of the Multiverse as their duty and not intervene with other dimensional beings. Korai, frustrated at the prospect of the Spritz being unable to attain their true potential, began the Tenebris Movement, out of which the current Tenebris come from. Many disillusioned Spritz saw in the Tenebris Movement a movement towards progress and power, and they defected in droves. Korai even managed to convince one other Councilman of the Spritz to join the Tenebris movement based on the promise of immense power. Currently, Korai is shaping the already conquered dimensions into seemingly perfect utopias, which, of course, are really a dictatorship with absolutely no freedoms at all.

Spritz (species):
The Spritz species are extraordinarily long-lived compared to most humans, with most living up to 100,000 years at a time. The Spritz are gifted with supernatural strength, dimensional travel, and various specific powers that would turn heads. As a species, owing to their multidimensional nature, they sought to keep the peace in all the dimensions, striking down species that became too much of a danger to the stability of the multiverse. The Spritz do not have much use for technology, as their already powerful, almost god-like nature enables them to perform most tasks without the need for tools. Of course, the Spritz developed some weapons that help focus their natural powers to a higher degree.

The Dimension between Dimensions:
The homeworld of the Spritz species, the DbD (Dimension between Dimensions) is a strange pocket universe that resides in the midst of the Multiverse, with most Spritz being able to travel to other dimensions as a result of this transitory state. It contains the Central Hub, where most Spritz live in.

Central Hub:
The de facto capital of the Spritz, and currently taken over by the Tenebris. The Central Hub was said in legends to have been formed by the first Spritz, who are are said to have originated from some unknown universe that found the DbD by accident. The Central Hub was known for its brilliance that came from its heart, the Eternal Sun, an artificial sun created and installed by the First Spritz to keep the Central Hub running. After the Tenebris invaded and drove the Spritz out of the Central Hub, the Eternal Sun became subverted to the dark powers of the Tenebris, and now generate Negative Energy that the Tenebris thrive in, rather than the former Positive Energy.

Positive Energy:
Positive Energy is the natural energy present in all Spritz from birth. This Positive Energy provides each Spritz their natural born abilities and also helps to sustain them in life. It is an infinite source of energy, and as a result the Spritz never had to deal with energy crises in their history of existence. Over time, Positive Energy production within a Spritz does start to slow down, leading to a peaceful death. Positive Energy provides the Spritz with an average lifespan of 100,000 years. As a result of its importance, Positive Energy is often viewed with a religious mindset for most Spritz, looking towards it as a source of guidance during tough times, especially during the reign of the Tenebris and the advent of Negative Energy.

Negative Energy:
One of the central tenants of the Tenebris ideology is the embrace of Negative Energy. Negative Energy is the dark equivalent of Positive Energy, which the Spritz are naturally capable of manipulating to be able to utilize their natural born powers. In order to become much stronger and imposing than their Spritz counterparts and to force order onto the various dimensions, the Tenebris sought out Negative Energy. Negative Energy provide the Tenebris with enough power to even forcibly take on human hosts, although this is a bit taxing on the Tenebris’ part. In addition, Negative Energy has the potential to corrupt normal Spritz as well, so the Tenebris make full use of it as a coercion tool to convert more Spritz to their side. Negative Energy is a powerful temptation, as it can also greatly increase the lifespan of a Spritz to a magnitude of a million years rather than thousands of years, but it can also cause an increased likeliness for insanity as Spritz are not supposed to live that long.

*||CHARACTER SHEET (CS)||*

Human Host CS

Name
Appearance
Faction
Sub-faction (You can create a faction of your own for your human characters. Feel free to recruit other RPers into your own custom factions during the RP)
Sub-faction Description (If you created a sub-faction)
Bio (optional)
Others/Extra

Spritz/Tenebris CS (Only if you are a human host for Spritz or Tenebris, not if your character is part of the IIF)

Name
Appearance
Ability/Powers (One general ability, and 4 skills) (ability ranges and effects are scaled to AMSUs when piloting)
Weakness(s) (Minimum of 1, maximum of 3)
Faction
Bio (optional)
Others/Extra

Last edited:
Holy shit Peram it's otrip definitely signing up. Long time dude m

I'm a little confused, so this will intertwine with AMSUs or something?

@carter_

Hmm, I'll not comment on your choice of a profile picture.

Anyways, this RP is the sequel to Gargantuan, and the next installment of the Sigma Sector Chronicles, my own RP series.

@carter_

Hmm, I'll not comment on your choice of a profile picture.

Anyways, this RP is the sequel to Gargantuan, and the next installment of the Sigma Sector Chronicles, my own RP series.

Haha, good choice. But I'm a little foggy on Gargantuan. So now we're fighting against these Tenebris on Earth? With AMSUs? In Gargantuan, If I remember correctly, we were provided with powers that operated with the machines, right? So now we have a similar thing but instead of fighting beasts we fight other AMSU. Maybe it will help if I could get a summarization of everything that happened during the end of Gargantuan, since I wasn't able to participate in that. I'm trying to grasp all of this, but I like the idea of linking it all.

@carter_

Oh snap, I thought this was the thread for Heirs: SIGMA, not Light and Darkness. Nah mate, this RP is completely separate from the Sigma Sector Chronicles. It's just a casual super power RP set in Detroit. Gargantuan has nothing to do with this. Sorry for the mix-up, lol

@RoxasTheExalted

Any power that can guarantee a kill and comes out with such speed as to prevent any sort of counter. This RP is really oriented towards factions/free roam, so I can't have RPers with powers to kill too easily roaming around.

Alright, the CS Submission Thread is live.

For those that are interested in having the CSs here, post them here in the link below.

I'm definitely interested. Can I apply with more than one character? An IIF operative and a Tenebris corrupted attorney?

God damned be you Peram. Why didn't you tell me you created a superhero roleplay?

I would be interested to join.

@The Unknown

Go for it mate. Lol, I'm just still a noob on the RpNations, so I'm not sure how to effectively advertise RPs :P

You could have simply sent me a message asking me if I was interested in joining this roleplay of yours. Which I, definitely, am.

It will take awhile until I get up to reading it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back