• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Light and Darkness (Powers/Superheroes/City RP)

[Anderson]
He rose from the bike and prepared to leap off the moving vehicle in order to stab the robot in its head. He noticed the laser being prepared to fire against his master, and realized that if it wasn't eliminated, it could actually threaten the dragon. He adjusted slightly and leapt off the motorcycle. Surprisingly, the motorcycle didn't lose its balance and clip him as he flew, which would have knocked him off balance. He rose forward at thirty miles an hour; slowing as friction began taking hold. He swung his sword down toward the laser, hoping against hope to connect and disable its primary weapon. That would ensure less immense danger for both civilians and the Tenebris.

Latarki
The battlefield was slowly starting to crawl up on Latarki's nerves, as he began to see the chaos. Dead citizens, collapsing buildings, a dragon, the Tenebris interfering with the mech's destruction, and especially the robot itself. He sighed, and decided that he would have to resort to using nearly the remainder of stored electricity in himself and Max's arms combined to create a rather piercing electric whip that's very strong. So he dodged whatever got into his way and held his right hand out, folding back the right hidden blade, before beginning to generate the very long whip. Once he did so, he then struck it against the Mk. 5's head, hoping to deal some serious damage.

[Caymen]
Caymen was getting good with his powers he saw the laser starting up in slow motion. Did he have super speed? He immediately turned from his dragon mode to being engulfed in fire. He caused the missiles sent for him to explode with an extend of his arm. Irregular shaped fire balls stopped them in their tracks. As he wills the fire to follow any forgotten missiles he noticed that the fire was red this time instead of blue. He also noted that Simplistic was fairing to be a good follower. He helped delay the laser blast, and Caymen would consider the amount of power he would allow Simplistic to have.
"You need to get more energy," spoke Lucy, "the color is an indicator."
He nodded and then flew up. It was easier this time, and within minutes he was feeling great again. It was like smoking a joint, but instead of a high he got a rush of power. He felt like he could do anything, the sun just a step away.
"How's much longer until I can initiate Obliteration?"
Lucy's response took a bit longer than usual.
"It's timeout had been cleared minutes ago." He took a deep breath and the fire around him shifted a orange red to light blue. His eyes glowed red as well, like the sun that felt to be yards away. At once he flew towards the city. The pop in his ears told him that he had broken the sound barrier. He didn't realize just how fast that was. Five men strong, he thought. When he broke the Detroit skyline he still rocketed at full throttle. Infact, he went even faster. He flew so fast that the blue fire that at his tail was extinguished by the wind. With a thud that made him yelp he tackled the robot. He wrapped his hands around the robot and pushed it. It made him slow down, but he still flew around the speed of sound. He lugged the robot through the skyscrapers, carrying it through buildings, glass falling to the street and office workers screaming in horror. He continued, but now arced downward. He crashed the concrete with a robot the size of a car. However, before he crashed he made sure to let go of the robot. Time crept like a snail as he saw the robot come in contact with the street. He didn't have to think about any memories to get himself angry. For some reason he already felt angry. It was an intense anger. He channelled it towards transforming into his dragon form. He morphed, wings growing from his back and hands turning into claws. He grew and grew until he stood as a 20 ton dragon. Time returned back to normal and the robot hit the Earth. As it did so he grabbed it's already damaged head. With a tremendous effort he let the energy he collected retreat. He yelled and it came out as a blood curdling roar. This robot would perish today.

Last edited:
DM

The AERIS Mk.5 is surprised by the sudden assault on its main laser cannon and head, quickly trying to repair itself while avoiding any more damage. In order to do so, it deploys a Positive Energy Blast, throwing the nearby Spritz and Tenebris off their feet.

Unfortunately for the robotic menace, it had ticked off a dragon.

The Mk.5 had to endure the punishment that the dragon inflicted on its body, being thrown about among skyscrapers and eventually crashed onto the ground. The robot let out a couple of sparks and error tones before finally dying off...

[Caymen]
As the fire from his attack seeped into the earth and extinguished he could properly gaze the robot. It was gone. The ground around him scorched, the unlucky people near the blast, burned alive, but the robot gone. He was still a dragon, somehow, and with the strength the form gave him ripped the robot's head from the body. Wires stuck out, and its charred and disfigured body was layed to rest in the crater he had created. He rose from the crater, the head still in his grasp. Everything around him had been set aflame. Everything destroyed. Bones were visible from those who stood too close. Shops' smoke alarms blared as the thick substance filled the air. Luckily the site he chose to unleash his heat was far from the main stream of people. He took flight, flapping his gigantic wings and gliding back towards the first battlefield. Soon he hovered over a distraught mass of people. His voice, a deep, demonic tone echoed through the streets.
"People of Detroit. Your existence teeters on the edge of the pit to hell. Your hero's, the very people who say to protect you have brought you this!" He brings his arm forward, showing the remains of the robot for all to see. Then he crushes it beneath his claws. It falls to the ground as a pulp of metal. "Do not fear me. I am your saviour. You all live in a world where people who seem like you display powers and use them for their own intentions. They seek to reap your sowings! That menacing machine was a result of those fools. People of Detroit, hear me! You will live in safety if you choose to follow me. I am human like you all." He then changes into his normal form. His black sweatshirt and jeans look abnormal since he was just a dragon a second ago. He lands on the top of a building. His voice has returned back to his normal pitch, but echoes as if a megaphone is pressed to his face. "And if you choose to follow me, to be covered under the blanket that is my power you will not ever have a day like this come again. The choice is yours." With his speech concluded he sets himself aflame and spirals into the air. His flames are red as he soars into the sky. He later flew down back to Earth, looking for Simplistic and other Tenebris. He re-visted where he had last seen him, before he took off with a robot in his grips. Today marked the day of a new Detroit. A Detroit under his control.

Last edited:
Latarki
Latarki felt lucky that his giant electric whip had not burst apart into flying, separate, pieces of sparks, otherwise he would've been forced to wait out his next fight against whatever threat pops up in Detroit. He then retracted his remaining arm blade, then said to the leftover citizens that survived, "Y-you're welcome.", trying to convey the message in a casual way, though he ended up sounding a little rugged. Then, he checked to see if there were any damage to Max's clothes, just so less suspicion would pop up, but all he saw was a little bit of dirtiness, some minor scratches on her skin, and rips in the bottom parts of her jacket's sleeves. 'Oh well,' he thought, 'Guess you might have to lie.'
Max
Meanwhile, Max was left shaken by the fight, responding, 'Alright...bu-but why did it have to--' before being interrupted by a near-instantaneous--
Latarki
"I'll explain when we either arrive home, at the kitchen, etc."
Max
"...Yes, Latarki."
Latarki
Latarki eventually arrived at Max's car and entered it. He turned it on and began driving to the library, while putting on Max's skin-toned gloves.

[Anderson]
Peering out from the alley, he smiled. Not bad; the Tenebris were so far casting a better light than the Spritz. He stepped out, hoping to be able to discuss a few future strategies with Lucy and the dragon. Specifically, how Spritz should only be killed in the shadows. Indeed, it would be terrible if whoever released the robot learned of the conflict between the Spritz and Tenebris and somehow exploited that.
"Well, that was fun, wasn't it, Simplistic?" Anderson asked, smirking and grabbing his bike.
"Quite entertaining indeed." He responded. "I haven't seen this much fighting in years. Considering you were a doctor not twenty-four hours ago, I'm impressed."
"I'm a kendo-practicing doctor who uses a motorcycle often. But there was a very, very good chance I could have died with that last one, and probably should have." Anderson replied. That was a bit... adventurous for him. Now, he kind of wanted to just go relax at home and do nothing.
Right. Talking to the dragon.
That would require getting its attention... somehow.
What he wouldn't give for a flare.

[Caymen]
Caymen landed on the asphalt with a tremendous boom. At once his flames died down and his attire was exposed. His eyes still glowed a ominous red, warning any one that he could transform without a second thought. He didn't have to try to look for Simplistic. He immediately spotted the figure he had come to know. He walked towards the person he inhabited and stopped as he neared him.
"First, my name is Caymen Davis." The police had his face. His identity was revealed. Not that it mattered. He could wipe out an entire squadron with a flick of his wrist. "I embody Lucy, which I assume you already know. You can choose to tell me your name or not it does not interest me. Anyways, my plan is in motion. My ending the robot is a signal of my power. Any Spirtz or even Tenebris who dare try to challenge me shall burn. You've proven yourself well during this...fight. Consider yourself part of the Gremlin Lot. If you accept you gain power and protection from me. If you deny you join the rest of the peasants that walk this city and risk falling to my power. What is your choice, Simplistic?"

[Anderson]
Well.
Problem solved.
He bowed low once more towards the higher-ranking Tenebris.
"It would be an honor to serve you, Kami. Consider me pledging myself to your service as of this moment. And if you wish, the newly-founded Church of Lisitensce may also bow before you in humble servitude. They worship both Spritz and Tenebris, not knowing the difference. But, master. We must be wary; it is unlikely the mechanical heresy was unmonitored. If our conflict with the Spritz is learned of, it could be used, and we may have to face not only Spritz but other humans as well."
Well, he'd said his piece. His advice.
Hopefully, even if the dragon, Mr. Davis, Lucy, any of them, if they decided he was unworthy and killed him here, they would not be unwise in their future actions. His handkerchief still covered his face; hopefully, no one could recognize him, and he could hide his leader away from any would-be assassins.

[Caymen]
Caymen took in every word that Simplistic said. He knew that Simplistic had a mind, a great one at that. Lucy knew that too. The Tenebris himself sat in Caymen's head, watching the entire plan run. He would interject if anything was to go wrong, but so far everything was alright.
"You may be right. I don't want to be killing humans unless needed. Alright, we will kill the Spirtz in your fashion. Until then I need you to find and recruit every Tenebris to join my inquisition. Look for a tell tale signs for power. I don't care if it is a physical strong suit or mental like you, just find them. Tell them of what we plan, how the city of Detroit will be their home. Humans will bow to their presence. If they refuse then remind them that a certain dragon is hungry and will not mind devouring Tenebris flesh. Although be careful with obviously powerful Tenebris. You know who they are. Meet at Charlie's Diner in exactly one hour. I will see you then." Caymen then explodes into the air, a trail of red flames backing him up.

The ripping sound of a motorcycle tore down the road. A figure emerged around the corner, resting on a black Kawasaki. A black trench coat fluttered behind him as it attempted to follow the same speed as his body. As the drift came to a sudden end, Thomas rolled up to the group. Inspecting the corpse of the robot, he'd move his eyes to the group now.
"Did I miss the party?"

[Anderson]
A man in a rather fabulous-looking tench coat rolled up to the remains of the robot, before looking over to Anderson.
"Did I miss the party?" He asked.
"Yes." Anderson lied. Since he couldn't be sure if this man was a Tenebris or a Spritz, he was reluctant to invite him to Charlie's Diner. The only one he could tell was probably a Tenebris was the one who could manipulate lava, and so he made his way over to that individual in order to speak with him.
"Sir." He address him. He had absolutely no idea what his rank was compared to Simplistic's, so it was best to start with a reverent title. He hoped the man would notice him.

Thomas seemingly ignored him as he unsheathed a cigarette from his trench coat pocket. He placed it between his lips as he crouched down to the remains.
A puddle on the ground reflected Thomas, however, instead if it being him, it was a Spritz mimicking his movements. As he touched the scorch remains, he turned to face the man that addressed him. He removed a badge from his coat, clipped into his wallet.
"I have a couple questions for you."
generate-image.png

Last edited:
[Anderson]
Certainly didn't in time, though.
He turned and saw the man in the black trench coat holding a Detroit PD badge out towards him. His face immediately lost all emotion and he reverted to a stunningly good poker face.
"What do you need to ask me, officer?" He asked, voice lacking any emotion. If it was difficult to understand him from underneath the handkerchief, well, so be it. Simplistic sighed.
"And I thought you needed to be somewhere in an hour. If you get caught up here, Lucy won't forgive you." He chipped in in Anderson's head.
Anderson smiled only to himself.
Praise be for the Fifth Amendment. He began circling the officer slightly, trying to get to his motorcycle so he could leave as soon as questioning was over. He kicked himself. While he had made his shield vanish after the fight and sheathed his sword, he'd kept the latter. Quickly, he closed his eyes and pictured a cloud, and the lump in Anderson's pocket vanished.

[Caymen]
He had an hour to burn. He flew around the city, gazing at what would be his soon. He'd just now noticed that his sight had been increased, and he could almost see the details of someone's face from meters up.
"It's as if Simplistic is in a bit of a situation." spoke Lucy. His eyebrows furrowed as he looked downward for him. He then caught sight of his handkerchief. What would be a cop stood infront of him. In a dramatic fashion he fell toward him. As he neared his flames extinguished and he landed right beside Simplistic.
Lucy that moment recognized the soul of the person Simplistic faced.
"Safaro, or something like that. Spritz, fairly powerful if my memory is correct, but nothing on par with you."
Caymen grinned at the words. He could burn this man alive right now. But he had to follow Simplistic's plans. He'd have to take his life somewhere else. His eyes glowed its now omnipresent red as he approached the conversation.
"What is the matter?" He eyed Simplistic, wary not to reveal that he was a Tenebris. If Safaro had seen his previous speech he could figure out that he was a Tenebris. He partly wanted that, wanted to have an excuse to killing him in public.

Last edited:
[Anderson]
Anderson raised his head, annoyed.
There had been a good chance that the man had just wanted to ask a civilian who was nearby what they'd seen. He certainly looked like a civilian, aside from the handkerchief, which had the excuse of helping block out the smoke, dust, and ash in the air. Now that Mr. Davis had showed up, there was absolutely no way he could be mistaken for a civilian. He sighed and looked back at the officer. While it certainly was unclear which side he was on, if the man had seen the dragon's speech, it wouldn't be long before he figured out that he was a Tenebris. And it would take but a moment longer to learn that Anderson was. This was more trouble than necessary. He turned to Lucy and spoke.
"This kind man wishes to ask questions. I was going to kindly answer them to the best of my ability, or in other words, plead the fifth repeatedly." He turned back to the man and smiled.
"Indeed. I will plead the fifth to each and every question you wish to ask me. If you would like more substantial answers..." He pointed behind him towards the other two beings. "...those are the men you would be better off answering." He was obligated to stay, under the law, but he didn't have to give a substantial answer.

Thomas gave a slight smirk at the defiance.
He eyed Anderson first, before moving his gaze to Caymen.
He then moved his eyes to the pile of metal, the unlit cigarette still stuck to his lips.
Still having control of his former self, he felt the Spritz inside him wiggle under her skin (metaphorically of course). "These are no civilians." He ignored Safaro, although, the only time Safaro tapped into his conscience was when something was dire. After apparently spacing out, he looked back at Anderson.
"In that case, let's not waste my time. I can't hold you here, so feel free to disperse."
He kicked his foot over the side of his Kawasaki, his trench coat following close behind.
Police cruisers would begin to gather around seemingly.
He'd look back over to the group, offering his smile.

[Caymen]
Caymen cocked his head towards Simplistic. Then he turned towards Safaro. The anger the dwelled in his veins ached to escape. He had to restrain the temptation.
You could devour this soul in a frame of five seconds, do it! Ever since his turn in power voices had started to whisper to him. Not Lucy's voice. He gritted his teeth through it.
"This is not your responsibility, human. Your police department is inferior and cannot protect the citizens. If this robot was to re activate what would you do? Ask it questions until it dies? You hold no power." He scowled at the cop. Where were the cops when his mother was almost killed? Where were they when he battled this very machine? He wanted so badly to grab the man's neck and melt his esophagus.

[Anderson]
"And disperse we shall." Anderson said, inflecting his voice to imply that it would be wise not to commit murder at that time. Indeed, it was likely that the robot's owners was still watching them both. His eyebrows snapped upright.
"You're not actually with DPD, are you, officer?" He asked. It'd just occurred to him. A normal officer would at least attempt to question the other two, if not them. Not ride away into the sunset, trench coat billowing behind. His eyes narrowed. While it was certainly possible he was a Spritz or a Tenebris, it seemed unlikely. However, the chances were that this was a rookie member of whatever organization operated the robot. Because honestly, would anyone with experience just walk up to them and request to ask questions, as opposed to watching them until they slipped up in some way?
Now, of course, impersonation of an officer was a felony. If this was a Spritz or member of whatever shadowy organization controlled the robot, he could get him arrested and out of their hair.

It was clear he was ignoring Caymen at this point, keeping only his vision on Anderson.
"Officer? I'm almost insulted. It's Detective Crossman. As I said, you guys have a good one." He smiled at them.
Something in his voice didn't seem right. If they had any brains at all, they'd know something was up. He adjusted his shoulder holster under his trench coat. He then slowly began to roll out, keeping his back to them.

[Anderson]
He'd have to try and find a way to look up the man later. But for now, he needed to discuss. They had two choices; attempt to display the dragon as a tyrannical leader and slay any Spritz who came to stop them, or display him as a kind and gentle leader, and peg the Spritz as the villains and the evil ones. The former had its problems; the governments of the world were more likely to intervene than with the latter. However, that would be a good way to purge the Spritz.
The latter, however, would not purge the Spritz; only nullify them and put them at a disadvantage. All the same, if the Tenebris were viewed favorably in the eyes of the world, then the Spritz would be actively hunted down and slaughtered. Oh, but first...
Anderson pulled out his phone and Googled directions to Charlie's Diner. Not bad; only a few minutes away, by bike. He could see, in the distance, crowds of people were beginning to tentatively return. If they didn't want to be identified, they had to leave. He hopped aboard his bike and turned to his Tenebris friend.
"Would you rather fly, walk, or ride, your majesty?" He asked courteously, without a hint of sarcasm.

As he rounded the corner, he allowed his bike to idle. "What was that all about?"
"I could feel their darkness. The energy around them was corrupted. Congratulations, you just met your first two Tenebris."
Thomas took this in, feeling for his Colt M1911 in his shoulder holster.
"Don't be ridiculous, Thomas, bullets are futile."
Thomas released a string of incoherent cuss words in the form of mutters.
"Consider this an open case, then."

[Caymen]
He eyed the Spritz as he walked away intently.
Look at you! Letting a Spirtz walk away with his life! How can you do such a thing? Kill him before it is too late! said the voices. They made him want to slaughter anything in his way. He had to use all his might to drown them. His thoughts were abruptly cut off when his stomach grumbled a deep bellow. He didn't realize how hungry he was until his stomach told him so verbally.
"I'm quite hungry, Simplistic, flight would be much appreciated." He eyed his watch. Over twenty minutes still remained. "You still need to find some Tenebris. I'll give you an extra 20 minutes in your search, letting myself have enough time to eat at the Diner. I expect at least a couple of Tenebris to be seen in the 45 minutes I give you." He could not talk for any longer, as his hunger began to double each moment. He took off into the air ablaze, and within what felt like mere seconds he had landed in the parking lot of Charlie's Diner. It was a friendly place, people streaming in and out with their bellys full. Parents walked with their children. The sight made him cringe. Hurriedly he walked through the doors. There was a line in ordering food, but he could not wait any longer. He strolled to the top of the line, getting a few complaints from the people behind. He gazed at them with red irises and they all hushed. The cashier looked at him warily.
"Yes, I would like," he quickly scanned the screen behind her and gave her a devilish grin, "everything."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back