• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy LF Someone Who Likes Korean/Chinese Romance Dramas

LunaLovitt

Well this is odd.
I’m essentially looking for someone to share in my guilty pleasure of Chinese and Korean romance dramas. Like, ten different love triangles, huge amounts of angst, and enough character subplots that you end up wanting to strangle everyone because the characters never make the right decisions. Think Ice Fantasy or Ashes of Love or something along those lines.

Now that’s not to say the characters themselves have to be in an Asian setting or even be Chinese or Korean. I just want the juicy drama that goes with this genre. That being said, I’d love to do something in an ancient fantasy setting (perhaps magical time travel is also involved??). I just have a major itch that needs scratching, hence why this is separate from my other search thread. I am down for on site or offsite or wherever (well, docs or here on the forums, not literally anywhere). Also this would be an OC role play in an original world. Could be heavily based on one drama in particular or be completely different. Just message me here or PM if interested!

I’ve not watched much of ashes of love but you sound like my sort of rp partner! I’d like to rp with you 😊

Woo! :D Sounds great. Now, in terms of all the stuff I put up there, what are you most interested in? There are a lot of options for setting, so would you prefer something set in a more eastern setting or something else?

I’d be fine doing a Chinese setting; you wanted to do something fantasy based, have you seen Love 020? I figure we could do our own rp as a mix between Ashes of love and Love 020? But toned down on some parts

I’d be fine doing a Chinese setting; you wanted to do something fantasy based, have you seen Love 020? I figure we could do our own rp as a mix between Ashes of love and Love 020? But toned down on some parts

It’s on my list, but I have not seen it. What’s the main story? Also toned down how? (Since I haven’t seen it idk what there is to tone down, haha.)

Xiao Nai is a gaming expert, who is also the most popular student on campus. One day, he comes across the campus goddess Bei Wei Wei and it was love at first sight. However, it was not Wei Wei's looks that he noticed, but her skill mastery of the online RPG game that they both play. Now, Xiao Nai must use his skills both in real life and online to capture Wei Wei's heart. But does their love have the EXP to succeed, or will this relationship never level up?

It’s quite fantasy based with some of its characters and animals in the game so we’d have to tone it down not to include them and how the characters used potions to restore health and such

Xiao Nai is a gaming expert, who is also the most popular student on campus. One day, he comes across the campus goddess Bei Wei Wei and it was love at first sight. However, it was not Wei Wei's looks that he noticed, but her skill mastery of the online RPG game that they both play. Now, Xiao Nai must use his skills both in real life and online to capture Wei Wei's heart. But does their love have the EXP to succeed, or will this relationship never level up?

It’s quite fantasy based with some of its characters and animals in the game so we’d have to tone it down not to include them and how the characters used potions to restore health and such

I was hoping for actual fantasy though, not characters RPing in an RP, if that makes sense. Like, I’m not sure it would work as well?

That’s fine; it’s morning for me and I’ll be headed to work so I won’t be able to reply until much later

Err, have you seen Meteor Garden or A Love So Beautiful? Those are the only Chinese dramas I've seen but I'd love to write something along those lines-- only if you're familiar with one of them of course!

Err, have you seen Meteor Garden or A Love So Beautiful? Those are the only Chinese dramas I've seen but I'd love to write something along those lines-- only if you're familiar with one of them of course!

Meteor Garden is on my list, but I haven't watched it yet. I know a little of the synopsis and tbh I actually wouldn't mind something like it, but I'd still like a fantasy setting. Think that would work? (Magic school kinda thing?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back