Music Let's talk Metal

Ha ha. I love the heavy, grittiness of Slipknot, but I can appreciate Corey's other side too. The thing that really bothers me though is when a band decided to experiment with their sounds and suddenly the fan-base turns their backs on them. It's like their new work is deemed invalid or "soft" compared to the genius of the past.

Yeah. Sometimes it works (Bullet by Hollywood Undead is an example), but there are times where it tears bands apart because it is seen as such a dramatic shift in tone that fans just loose it.

Yeah. Sometimes it works (Bullet by Hollywood Undead is an example), but there are times where it tears bands apart because it is seen as such a dramatic shift in tone that fans just loose it.

I totally understand being a dedicated fan for a long time, it's a little frustrating to hear something you're not used to or something you're not expecting. I think it's just the process of how artists grow. They figure out what works and what doesn't.

I totally understand being a dedicated fan for a long time, it's a little frustrating to hear something you're not used to or something you're not expecting. I think it's just the process of how artists grow. They figure out what works and what doesn't.

Yeah, it's all experimental.

I think Aluminium is under-appreciated. It's light, strong for its weight, and alloys well.

Leave.

Earlier on I made a thread where everyone could share their Metal, as in the genre. Now, I want to make a thread where Metal fans can just come and talk with other Metal fans. Anything from Idol Metal to Death Metal, it's all welcome here. Hey, they're all just sub-genres of Metal, and this thread is for any kind of Metal fan.
I love all kinds of metal! Audible and physical!

My favorite genres of music metal would have to be basically all of it. Heavy metal, orchestral, symphonic, black, death, viking, all the bunch.

As for physical metal, I love bismuth crystals.

I love all kinds of metal! Audible and physical!

My favorite genres of music metal would have to be basically all of it. Heavy metal, orchestral, symphonic, black, death, viking, all the bunch.

As for physical metal, I love bismuth crystals.

I like all metal too, but my favorites are thrash, heavy, and death.

Ever heard of Rings Of Saturn? They're fast, and they're alien-like.
This is one of my favorite songs from them:

No, I've never heard of them. Due to the fact that I'm on my school laptop right now I can't view that link, but I can give you one from one of my favorite metal bands.

No, I've never heard of them. Due to the fact that I'm on my school laptop right now I can't view that link, but I can give you one from one of my favorite metal bands.

That song is actually pretty neat, reminds me of a heavier version of some older style metal bands I know, and I don't often see women doing the metal voices in songs.

I like a lot of genres of music, metal included. Not a huge fan of the screaming, I feel like it detracts from a lot of songs and sounds kinda harsh and awful. Also headbanging and mosh pits are really just an excuse for people to get brain damage and hurt themselves.

But there are certain metal songs that I’m pretty fond of. Here are some of my favorites:

This is one of the only songs in which I can deal with the screaming because everything else is really good.

If I could post fire emojis I would.

My mom introduced me to this one. She’s a lot more metal than I am.

Idk if this counts but I think it’s great.

Another thing I really enjoy is this dude on YouTube who does punk and metal covers of popular songs from Disney, anime, video games, commercial pop, etc. called Jonathan Young. I seriously recommend him to anyone who likes the genre. Here are some of my favorite videos of his:

Gojira is seriously one of the best metal bands out there right now. If you dig their albums, you're gonna love their live performances.

Haven´t listened to epica but Sabaton and Powerwolf are pretty amazin. My favorites are The ballad of bull and shiroyama from Sabaton and Raise your fist Evangelist from PW
I recommend the albums Divine Conspiracy and Consign to Oblivion from Epica :) If you like Attack on Titan, they also did covers on their opening music.

Although I first got into the classic Iron Maiden, I really got into Nightwish and then Alestorm, Tyr, Turisas, Winterstorm, Visigoth, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back