Music Let's talk Metal

When it comes to music I'm stuck in the past. 80's and 90's and metal is no exception. All of the bands I listen to are getting to that retirement age. I saw Iron Maiden this Friday and Saturday night. My ears are still ringing and my voice is still shot. For geezers those guys put on one hell of a show.

When it comes to music I'm stuck in the past. 80's and 90's and metal is no exception. All of the bands I listen to are getting to that retirement age. I saw Iron Maiden this Friday and Saturday night. My ears are still ringing and my voice is still shot. For geezers those guys put on one hell of a show.
I occasionally listen to Iron Maiden, but I wouldn't call myself a fan. They have some good stuff. I prefer Motörhead, Judas Priest and Black Sabbath.

Just making an obligatory post because metal is life, and I'm real happy to see some Bathory, Death, and Venom going around.

I've almost exclusively listened to metal and its sub genres since I was 13. And I've worked in music since I was a teenager also, so metal has easily been the biggest part of my life.

Just making an obligatory post because metal is life, and I'm real happy to see some Bathory, Death, and Venom going around.

I've almost exclusively listened to metal and its sub genres since I was 13. And I've worked in music since I was a teenager also, so metal has easily been the biggest part of my life.
Glad you appreciate it. Those three are some of my favourite bands along with Burzum and Darkthrone. I don't listen to metal exclusively but it has been a constant in my listening for some time.

Not to be all the way up my own ass but I thinks it's safe to say that metalheads are some of the nicest people on average. Despite us listening to the most brutal music (content not quality) out there.

I am just gonna go random here and throw in Bullet for my Valentine, Bring me the Horizon, Black Veil Brides, Nightwish (with Tarja) and After Forever!

Good old metal, always fun. Battle Beast have been my recent obsession, some of their songs seem to take cheesy 80s pop but make it metal, and I'm 100% down for that.

iron maiden, cradle of filth, satyricon, in flames... It seems like metal will never die. I like computer music also but its a little empty compared to instrument buzz.

"Metal"
I've got what you all have been waiting for!

Last edited:
I've seen a lot of Iron Maiden and Sabbath being mentioned here, yesss!
I think my favorite band in the metal category is Venom. I also enjoy Overkill, Exodus, Municipal Waste, King Diamond, DRI..
Used to listen to Nightwish and Within Temptation a lot. Symphonic metal is pretty cool.

Alestorm and Sabaton over here.

Alestorm particularly makes me happy because of the heavy use of Violin, my favorite instrument.

This thread makes me so nostalgic!
I am on youtube right now making a playlist.

Does anyone know the song about, 'Stomping on Chickens'? It was my fav song as a kid. (We listened to it in car on roadtrips, it must of been some random song on a track. It had a good beat if I recall.)

You had me with the "medieval metal" part, never had heard of it, and now I can't get over it XD Rammstein are so damn cool, love their music <3
Right?!? They’re so cool!! In Extremo even has a song completely in Gaelic which is just 💕💕💕 it’s the one called Liam. They have another in Latin. Got to see them live on a boat in Cologne last year and I will never forget that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back