• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy let's get weird.

Armageddon

______
hey, kids. it's been a while.

i'm armageddon. i've been on-and-off of this website for about three to four years, and it's been a wild ride. i've had a long hiatus away from here, and now, i've decided to try giving forum role-play a shot again.

i have rules, but they are short and simple. follow the few things i list and you'll do just fine.

• grammar. be understandable. it's okay to make mistakes -- everybody does, including me. as long as you can write coherent english, you pass.
  • post length. no one or two-line responses. i write multiple paragraphs per post, so be aware of this. a paragraph or two per post, and anything longer, is welcomed.
  • activity. i am tired. i have obligations in my life. please be aware that my post frequency is erratic and i will more than likely take some time to respond to our story. i will try my best to keep up, but my best isn't always perfect.

we good? we cool? great.

currently, i only have one full plot to my name that i want to try. it is a strictly high fantasy plot, with a focus on adventure and romance. if you're interested, please read the spoiler below for a full run-down of what i have in mind.

a king and his queen rule over a powerful kingdom. they sire a daughter, who quickly grows to become a beautiful princess. life is as sweet and as proper as could be -- until one night changes everything.

deep in the night, when the kingdom slumbers, the princess is roused by an intruder in her room. before she can cry out, the stranger silences her and tries to calm her down before he hurriedly begins to explain why he's there. he tells her that she is in grave danger, and that if she doesn't leave the castle with him, her kingdom would perish. in disbelief and shock, she refuses to go with him -- and so, reluctantly, he apologizes to her before blowing a strange gold powder into her face. it takes effect immediately, and she's knocked out cold before she can even react.

the next morning, she awakens in a cottage, tucked into a soft, warm bed. the unfamiliar room snaps her back to her senses, and she begins to panic. but before she can lose her inhibitions and try to escape, an elderly woman enters the room. the woman is not at all her enemy; she is warm and kind, and though the princess is very shaken, the woman manages to calm her down to explain what's going on.

it turns out that the elderly woman is a witch, who has been practicing her magic for decades. she has an uncanny ability to tell the future, and she was bestowed a terrible vision weeks before. in this vision, a hostile takeover of the princess' kingdom was executed, and the rebels kidnapped and used the princess as a bargaining chip to take over her parents' kingdom. the witch searched for days on end for a solution, and the only possible outcome that would save the princess and her kingdom was to take her away to someplace hidden and safe -- the home of the witch. to prove this, the witch shows her the vision she'd been bestowed with through her magic, and the princess realizes that what she is being told is the truth.

the elderly woman introduces her to his grandson, who turns out to be the young man that had taken her the night before. despite the circumstances, he apologizes to her, and the witch tells the princess that he will be watching over her until it is safe for her to return to her kingdom. the witch understands how much information it is to take in, and allows the princess some space to take it all in.

the princess is, undoubtedly, in utter shock at how quickly everything has changed. though what she was shown is convincing, she is still afraid of these strange people, and so when night falls on the little cottage, the princess sneaks out of the window and tries to run away. her adrenaline pushes her into the forests surrounding the cottage, and as she travels deeper in, she starts to believe that she escaped.

that is, until she hears something very large swiftly approaching her.

she tries to run, but the huge creature tracks her down with ease. when it gets close enough for her to see it, a hulking dragon is what she beholds, with scales that look like plates of steel and quakes of the earth with every step it takes. when she thinks she's about to be killed, the dragon does something she does not expect. instead of attack her, it leans down, gingerly clamps its teeth onto the scruff of her nightgown, and picks her up. like a mother cat and its kitten, it carries her all the way back to the cottage, where the elderly witch is waiting outside for her.

the dragon sets her down, and terrified, the princess scrambles away from it and demands to know what in the name of the gods is going on. the elderly woman smiles, unusually calm about being faced with this. it doesn't make sense to the princess, until the witch tells her that the creature is not just any dragon -- it's her grandson. he is a shape-shifter, with the secondary form of a dragon, and he was tasked to keep watch in the night for when the princess would try to escape, as the witch had foreseen.

it's then that the princess has a realization -- this cottage really is going to be her new home for the coming months, and she has no way to stop it. and despite the defiance she feels to it all, she realizes too that the witch is no liar. everything she'd been told was true, and now, she would be forced to stay in this place for her own safety, and the safety of her kingdom. however, as time passes, and as she becomes more familiar with this two-person family she'd been taken in by, she starts to find that she's not as keen on leaving as she'd been at the start.

i also have some small prompts that i'd be willing to play around with. here is a list of them.

bitty. [fantasy || comedy || adventure] (m/f) -- a young man is out and about, exploring the forests near his village, when he comes across something unusual in the grass. when he approaches and looks closer, he finds that it's a fairy who appeared to have hurt her wings. she's understandably terrified of this looming human, and out of pity, he takes her back to his home to try to nurse her back to health -- because surely, if he left her, she would die to some creature in the woods, or to the elements. interacting with such a tiny creature in itself proves to become a challenge, and the fact that she's scared of him does not make it any easier on either of them as they try to adjust to each other.

her love. [realism || comedy || romance] (f/f) -- two girls have been best friends since elementary school. as they enter high school, one of them goes through drama with various boyfriends that come and go. she always ends up talking to her closest friend about her issues, and her friend offers nothing but love and support to her. little does she know, her best friend has had feelings for her for a long time -- and in light of all this hardship she goes through with her failed relationships, it becomes harder and harder for the girl to keep this growing love a secret.

heartstrings. [realism || romance] (m/f || f/f) -- a girl has been playing guitar and singing at her local cafe for a few months now. despite being in college, she earns extra cash from the little occupation, and she thoroughly enjoys being able to express her talents to the locals and stragglers that come by. recently, there's been a person who has started visiting the cafe, always when she's playing and singing. they order the same thing every time, and they always give very generous tips to her before they leave. she notices this person constantly, and there's a strange draw to them that she can't quite explain. it suddenly seems to click when, on her break one day, this stranger approaches her and offers to buy her a drink for the first time, telling her just how much they love her music and how passionate they are about music themselves. immediately, there's a connection between them -- and it only grows stronger from there.

okay, that's all i've got for ideas.

if you're at all interested in them, post your interest in the thread and i'll give it a look-see. i'd prefer if i didn't get private messages out of the blue; it's a little awkward for me. i will private message you if i think we'll be compatible together.

thanks so much for your time. have a nice night.

Armageddon Armageddon

Oohh. Your wings of steel plot seems mighty wonderful :hearteyes: but as it seems there is someone else interested, I would also love to possibly flesh out some of your prompts that you've got. Her love seems super cute! I've got some other basic ideas that we could flesh out too if you're no longer feeling that one. I really love world building. Either way, if you feel like we're a good fit, I'm always open for a pm to discuss.

Thanks!

Hello! I love your prompt Heartstrings. If you are still up for the idea, Pm me if you Like. Thanks and have a nice Day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back