• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Let's do some bending. (Open. Avatar: The Last Air Bender)(Pre-Aang)

Artificial Sugar

Plus Ultra

Oh~ Hello~

Post length expected: At least one paragraph per character.

This will be romance/adventure!

So lemme just start off by saying that I'm only looking for people who are serious about joining this. I've had far too many group role plays fail because people never bother to reply.

(By the way, that is hella rude.)

I understand if you want to quit, but please let me know. And generally, as said above, just
don't join if you're not 100% sure.

So for this, I don't have a plot. I want to discuss with a group and come up with something.
However, this will be set before the events in ATLA! Pre-Aang!

So I'm looking for an even number of male and female characters. And I'm not limiting this, but I will close sign ups once I feel we have a good number of people.

I'd like to see a sample of your writing before I accept you, please!

Guidelines:

Be able to post often. (At least once every other day)

Use proper grammar/spelling/punctuation.

Use third person.

Be at least sixteen please.

Side note: I'm also looking for people to do a canon x oc romance with me as a 1x1, if y'all are interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mite b cool.

All you really need to know about LoK is:

-Aang went on to found a big city with representatives from all four nations

-Toph established a metalbending police force in the city

-Earth Nation isn't happy about having a piece of its land annexed to build the city

-Bending is now a competitive sport

-there is still no war in Ba Sing Se

Though honestly I wonder why nobody does any pre-Aang stuff. There's literally ten thousand lifetimes of history to dig into.

Ch3rryBlossom28 said:
I'm interested!! Would the sample have to be for this exact rp or can we use something we've written from another one?
A sample from another role play is fine with me!

Krim said:
Mite b cool.
All you really need to know about LoK is:

-Aang went on to found a big city with representatives from all four nations

-Toph established a metalbending police force in the city

-Earth Nation isn't happy about having a piece of its land annexed to build the city

-Bending is now a competitive sport

-there is still no war in Ba Sing Se

Though honestly I wonder why nobody does any pre-Aang stuff. There's literally ten thousand lifetimes of history to dig into.
We could totally do something pre-Aang!

Interested. You can go to the avatar thread I have set up in the interest check to see my writing.

Are we playing canons or OCs or both?

[QUOTE="Wild Imagination]Interested. You can go to the avatar thread I have set up in the interest check to see my writing.
Are we playing canons or OCs or both?

[/QUOTE]
Oc's. We've role played together before, your writing is good.

Hey, this seems like a great way to get back into RPing after a long absence. I'll try and find a writing sample from an RP, but if not can I dump some of my half-baked personal projects as my entry tithe?

Pentagon said:
Hey, this seems like a great way to get back into RPing after a long absence. I'll try and find a writing sample from an RP, but if not can I dump some of my half-baked personal projects as my entry tithe?
Sure, that's fine with me! Just go ahead and send me a PM! :)

Sounds like fun. Pasting a post I did for a Fairy Tail RP on here for my sample. I hope it is good enough.

"Dammit, I am sick and tired of going on these boring missions! Control a pest problem, help a cat out of a tree, take down a few weak bandits, etc, etc. It is time to truly test my limits, men!" shouted a tall light-skinned male with black spiky hair, a blue T-Shirt and blue jeans that stood on a round table in the guild hall of Fairy Tail. The hall looked like a tavern, with a brown floor, roof and walls, several tables with several people sitting at them and having fun drinking, playing cards and what have you. There was even a bar based at the wall opposite of the entrance to the building. On the right wall was the door that led to the boys' living quarter, and on the left wall was the door that led to the girls' living quarters. They were for the guild members who wanted to live there, but the price was as hefty as any apartment building in Magnolia.

There was also a second floor, which which had a narrow walkway that outlined the walls of the hall instead of having it's own entire floor. The only thing up there were s-class jobs and the door to the guild master's office, which was opposite of the entrance to the building. Only s-class mages and the guild master were allowed up there, and the only way up there was to jump, which this loud man was getting ready to do. He was merely a b-class mage, yet he was sure that he wouldn't have much trouble on a job meant for mages two classes above him. You could hear a lot of the people in the hall urging him against this silly act, but he was getting ready to go up there anyway. No one could stop him. Or could they?

Using magic to enhance his jump, the man soared through the sky, getting closer and closer to the second floor's walkway, until he suddenly stopped. The double doors of the guild hall were open, the daylight from outside shining within the hall. Standing in the middle of them was a man in a black robe, his hood down, revealing his identity. He had short black hair and looked quite young, but that didn't mean anything for a mage. His right hand was held outwards, pointing towards the man that was floating in the air. The man in the air suddenly realized what happened without looking back (not that he could). He tried to get out of this odd predicament, but his magic wasn't enough.

"George, if your magic resistance isn't even good enough to get out of one of my basic tricks, then you wouldn't last a few minutes doing one of those jobs. Come down now," the robed man said, putting his right hand back to his side. Suddenly, George began to fall, breaking right through one of the empty tables and landing on the wooden floor. No one was shocked by this happening, as they simply went back to doing the usual. A lot of them greeted Joseph who closed the doors behind him with his strange power. He went straight for the job board that was next to the bar.

"Why, hello Joseph. I see that you are in a good mood today," smiled Jake the bartender, who was bald and dark-skinned. He wore a long-sleeved black shirt and dark blue jeans. He caught Joseph's smirk as he walked towards his bar.

"Yep. Just came back from a job with Chester that gave me quite a bit of jewels. He is somewhere in the town trying to pick up some random lady as usual. Anyway, I am just back for a little bit. Time to go on another job," Joseph replied to his friend. Before he even looked at the job board however, he looked through the crowd of Fairy Tail members, deciding who he should pick to go with him. He never went alone on a job.

Thank you for showing me your sample. I see a few things I have issue with, but otherwise you're good to go.

I'll tag you in the role play thread, you can post your bios. :>

Perhaps you can PM me later regarding what you saw wrong? I like being able to improve upon my writing with help from others whenever I can.

I think I'd like to play a lady, but if I don't get my sheet up quick enough I'll just fill in whatever's necessary.

Surprised not just an AU. Either way peeking around mostly, would depend a lot with my interest on the story to be honest. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back