• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Legends of Nyrvasta [OPEN]

774ccd4341164d0074815d6e5fbdde9a.jpg

Name: Sarai
Title: Sarai of the Shiran
Nickname: Hasn't formed a bond long enough for anyone to bestow a nickname upon him, but he is open to it.
Affiliation: Freelance [ Nomad ]
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 137
Hair Color: Different shades of emerald green
Eye Color: teal
Magic Focus: Botany / Plants
Physical Description:

The most notable feature about the enigmatic male is the mutation occurring on his ears, tips form
a slight point. His mother and father always told him legends of how his ancestors from hundreds of
years ago were magical creatures, which over the years of breeding with humans left only subtle traces
such as his ears. While in the light his hair may appear teal its a trick of the light. His hair is a blend
of emeralds, aquamarines, and other shades in between to create a unique color. Eyes are teal coated
crystals, seemingly friendly but holding a deep mystery in them. His figure is lithe as his long figures doesn't
a lot of bodyweight he has a decent about of lean muscle. Prefers light easy to move in clothing and hooded tunics.

y2b8c9sa

Skills/Talents:

1.gif
Agricola - Due to the nature of his magical abilities he can tend to soil to make plants/crops grow at
an accelerated rate. Also can encourage growth in a wasteland where nothing else would grow.

1.gif
Plant Whisperer - In a sense can communicate with the plant life around him, such as listening to
the earth for nearby footsteps or feeling the energy of the plants.

1.gif
Polyglot - As a former nomad he is familiar with foreign languages, enough to get by
and survive in a small town or make casual chit chat.

1.gif
Amped - His ears don't just serve for a distraction only, they are very sensitive, almost painfully
so. Don't be offended if he eavesdrops on your conversations. He's also a good listener for
those who need someone to vent to.

1.gif
Ghost - Naturally agile and quick-footed don't be surprised if he's present one second and then
vanishes the next. He also has spurts of wandering off by himself for extended periods of time.
Gaia - The spell he uses to enhance seeds and land with so that crops/plant life
will grow in a timely manner.

dacgj74-545ac84e-8dec-4e78-9ec4-d834fbcd8b7e.gif
Venus - Can alter any flower around him to turn into a living beast with razor-sharp teeth and
unquenchable appetite. Typically only controls a couple because too many and they become
unruly/difficult to control. They even tend to develop their own personality after a while if he uses
the same flower over again. After being used for battle he simply turns it back into a normal flower.

Pesta - a spell he can perform as a pre defensive measure. He can poison the earth around a certain
perimeter. Any foe that steps upon the land will be overcome by poison and shortly succumb to it
unless they find a cure. The downside to this is his allies can be affected if they walk upon the land
without first ingesting the antidote before walking upon the land. Nothing will ever grow on the
affected land ever again. Sarai only ever uses it as a last resort.

Flagellum - Can use the plant life around him as a weapon by controlling them under his will, such
as using roots in a whip-like fashion to strike or using thorns as projectiles.

Shunran - Enchanting the surrounding flower petals and pollen in the air he can cause opponents
to fall asleep, paralyze, or even disorient them for a set amount of time.
ydc75hbv

He hails from a peculiar, small village in a foreign land where it's not uncommon for its inhabitants to
become nomads. The particular clan he is birthed from is a small and also unknown one -- The Shiran,
natural pacifist who believed in basking in the abundance of the world. He couldn't remember a time in
his life where he was ever in one place long enough the learn the name of it. Such was life with Sarai
and his mother and father. Oftentimes his parents favored sleeping in the wild against in a hotel. This
is where his love of plant first was introduced and his inherent gift for magic blossomed. His parents were
simple people who didn't have the chance to learn magic, so it was exciting for them when they discovered
the news. They encouraged him to try out his newfound magic, although it often ended sloppily. Still, it gave
him that curious zeal to test how far he could advance them.

Life was simple for a while until one day his parents were targeted when passing through a larger city. One
that oppressed magic for only the rich and privileged, leaving the poor to be their servants. The guards of that
kingdom ambushed his parents because they believe they were magical beings -- that killing them and harvesting
their blood would bring their kingdom insurmountable power. You see his family line developed a genetic mutation
that stayed into the family from when his ancestors bred with magical folk centuries ago. Pointy ears in which all three
of his family members dawned. Or so his father liked to tell him many times over a campfire lit dinner.

His father, an average staff wielder tried to fend them off long enough for his mother and him to escape but they
ended up being cornered shortly after his father was struck down. His mother who had no fighting skill at all tried to
defend them to the best of her abilities but ultimately fell victim to the guard's brutality. Terrified for his life Sarai felt
something burst forth inside of him, like a spring being released from a vice grip.

The plants around him burst out from the wilderness lashing the guards until they were unrecognizable hunks of
marred meat. Sarai shed many tears over his fallen parents, he was barely 16 at the time. With nothing left to do except
move forward, he used what little, unknown abilities floated on the surface of his conscious and buried his parents
in the ground in a flowery grave.

Sarai then set forth to continue his nomadic ways, along his journey he sought out experienced mages who would offer
bits of wisdom and training to him. Over the years slowly growing comfortable with his abilities like it was second
nature to him. Current day he happened into a town to hear the sibling revelation of what they found. Without
anywhere else to return home to he approached them with hopes of joining the guild and learning
more of the world's secrets.

saturn x sin saturn x sin I like your character and I'm rather curious about this little known nomadic clan of yours. Can't wait to see how things develop, accepted!

ah thank you~ I'm exited to flesh things out further and write with you guys <3
also I have an idea for a side character I could make if we are in need of more~

saturn x sin saturn x sin Granted I never explicitly said this, but if you'd like to make extra characters you're more than welcome. However each player is only allowed one mage character.

twotonedsaint twotonedsaint I'm glad I've been keeping an eye on your cs because I just noticed you edited the spells. I hope you come up with more spells as we go, but I no longer see any issues with your character. Accepted!

I'm glad to announce that beginning sometime tomorrow or Saturday we will be officially starting the rp! I should have the IC, OCC, and CS threads made with both an NPC and Lore thread not far behind. When the threads are up I'll ask that you copy your characters to the CS thread so it's easier to find everyone's characters.

In addition I'll be adding a couple NPCs and asking a few of you to add some of your own. As of writing this post it's currently 2 AM for me otherwise I'd be working on the official rp right now.

Dovinique Dovinique Xcelgamer Xcelgamer dae mec dae mec _Line 213 _Line 213 saturn x sin saturn x sin twotonedsaint twotonedsaint BasilOwO BasilOwO

Due to the unfortunate disappearance of one of our members, this RP is open for characters. If you're at all interested, please read the first post of this thread and then proceed to the official rp thread here.

Just for clarification, what exact roles are you needing to be filled, whether its a mage or if there are particular supporting elements that might be needed?

Just for clarification, what exact roles are you needing to be filled, whether its a mage or if there are particular supporting elements that might be needed?
There's one mage slot open and there's no limit (for now) on supporting characters. The rp has gone well thus far so depending on how much more interest is shown I'll probably be allowing more mages as well.

DVationz DVationz Ah! Another question... what tone are you seeking for the RP? Like is it meant to be more serious or would you say expect maybe a more wacky character or something of that nature who might not be quite as serious? Just as an example... maybe a mad alchemist who might not really abide by typical ethical codes (allegedly of coarse, such accusations are unfounded and you will need to take her to court to prove such a thing) in terms of creating potions with rather... unstable or usual effects... possibly at a detriment to their own physical appearance causing permanent modifications to their body?

Basically just trying to figure the tone out a bit while i see about tinkering a little with ideas so I don't go and make something to crazy that might be disruptive to the tone of the RP, while also wanting to see about filling in a character that stands out a bit and gives a bit of a different type of character to make the group a bit more diverse in personalities and behaviors. That or if its a supporting character something that might be interesting enough without being too far for the cast to interact with when it comes time for that.

DVationz DVationz Ah! Another question... what tone are you seeking for the RP? Like is it meant to be more serious or would you say expect maybe a more wacky character or something of that nature who might not be quite as serious? Just as an example... maybe a mad alchemist who might not really abide by typical ethical codes (allegedly of coarse, such accusations are unfounded and you will need to take her to court to prove such a thing) in terms of creating potions with rather... unstable or usual effects... possibly at a detriment to their own physical appearance causing permanent modifications to their body?

Basically just trying to figure the tone out a bit while i see about tinkering a little with ideas so I don't go and make something to crazy that might be disruptive to the tone of the RP, while also wanting to see about filling in a character that stands out a bit and gives a bit of a different type of character to make the group a bit more diverse in personalities and behaviors. That or if its a supporting character something that might be interesting enough without being too far for the cast to interact with when it comes time for that.
I'd say it's more serious than whacky. Though it also depends on your definition of whacky. If you want to come up with a mage character with some really niche magic that's totally fine so long as you can come up with enough spells for the theme and so long as it seems reasonably balanced (which is determined on how it's explained). In the terms of personality, you can have someone who's extra quirky so long as their quirks aren't their whole personality and as long as it doesn't pose inconveniences when interacting, especially during the more serious moments that will be planned for the rp. In addition, if you'd like to add some degree of world building in your characters backstory I'll gladly read your idea and if it's compelling enough for what i envision as we go forward, I'll leave it and I'll have you collaborate with me on that subject. ( _Line 213 _Line 213 and his character are an excellent example). Pretty much, whatever you want to make so long as it falls within the boundaries of plausibility. If I have any issues I'll let you know what they are and possible ways to fix it and we'll go from there.

Gotcha. Just wanted to get a feel for the tone of things for making a character. I always like aiming to bring something different to the table when it comes to filling a spot in a roleplay. I got a few ideas in my head I'll tinker with see which ones with some thought might 'pop' enough for me to push forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back