• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Legends of Nyrvasta [OPEN]

That’s all I’ve gotten and I’m super close to just not doing that

TrJBUrYE1EBTubPC2fA4P1QkxiywfqrwwIlRUK9zD-AW7u9KFWIMdCKzk-92EWPDxJEus-KO-w4UIK9FmHD95VzDJjzWUVvNSSzKCQXEIMuSDe2ag_q-Q8KDyDwzZxFbxHV_-RFf

Name: Minerva Smith
Nickname: Nope
Affiliation: Moon Rose Guild
Height: 5’3
Weight: 130
Hair Color: Dark brown almost black
Eye Color: Blue

Physical Description:

Skills/Talents:
Medicine: When she was young, she was taught how to use the different medicines owned by the medics of the Moon Rose guild. Her parents wanted her to follow in their footsteps and the way they saw this happening was by having one of the medics teach her the basics, whilst they taught her everything else she needed to know. She learned how to help wounded friends and family members, but she was also taught that saving someone won’t always happen, which is why she has devoted the last eight years of her life learning the skills she needs to be able to save everyone.
Weapon of Choice: A small Silver dagger.

Background:
Minerva was born to Joseph and Lilian Smith, two of the Moon Rose guilds best medics. From a very young age she was taught the skills she needed to be able to survive if her parents were to get killed. She was always a good listener, learning a lot of things from everyone in the guild, but she never actually talked to anyone other than her mentor, but that was also very rare. She didn’t really take her job as a medic seriously until she witnessed someone die, by her hands no less. This changed her, for the worst. She somewhat forgot what it meant to be a part of a guild, and even ran away once. Though her father found her, he knew she was changed forever. He also knew that he and his wife needed to help her get better and they knew that she would need a break from her lessons. She stopped training for about a year, gaining back the emotions that were shattered, before returning to her training. She helped her mentor, though never really did anything important. Her parents were proud of her, because she had already gone through so much, and little did she know, she was about to go through a lot more. About two years later, her parents were killed and her peace was once again shattered. She slowly grew depressed, but she never actually stopped doing what she loved. Since then, she has continued to help her friends and family.

I like your character BasilOwO BasilOwO I'd like if she had another skill other than medic work as I'm sure the guild would have her do more than that for times when nobody's done quests where they'd get injured, but otherwise she looks good. Actually took me a minute to realize your character wasn't a mage, nice to see a non-mage. Accepted :3

This looks really fun! I whipped up a mage CS. Let me know if you want me to change anything!

Title: The Sharpshooter
Nickname: Some people call him Wintersun instead of Avar, but he doesn’t really care what you pick. But call him “Winty” at your own risk.
Affiliation: A freelancer, but currently associated with the Iron Wolf Guild
Height: 6’5’’
Weight: 220 lb
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: Gray
Magic Focus: Temperature Manipulation
Physical Description: Tall and built like a warrior, Avar cuts an intimidating figure. It doesn’t help that he never smiles, not if he can help it. As a freelancer, he’s traveled across the lands and picked up an eclectic style of dress because of it. His standard fur-lined cloak is from the north, his loose shirt is eastern, his scarf southern, and so on. His skin is a warm brown, and he has a messy shock of white hair that he doesn’t do anything with. Avar has a thin gold marking across his face that he won’t talk about. People tend to think he’s older than he is.

Skills/Talents:
  • Polyglot: Avar is great with languages. He picks them up quickly, deciphers them well, and has a mild enthusiasm for literature and the like. His frequent travels have made it necessary.

• Wilderness explorer: He prefers nature over people, though. He’s spent weeks at a time in the forest and is experienced with identifying plants, hunting animals, and plotting courses. (Avar’s cooking is acceptable; it might not be flavorful, but it will be perfectly cooked.)

• Scout: Avar travels through the underbrush like a ghost and can climb a tree in record time. He’s great as a scout.

• Storyteller: Surprisingly, if you stick him in front of a campfire and hand him a drink (or several), he will regale you with legends and stories from his homeland. Avar has a deep, resonant voice and an eye for dramatic tension. But, for obvious reasons, this skill doesn’t come out often.

• Whittler: With his carving knife and a stick, Avar can make a variety of wooden objects.
Weapon of Choice: Bow and arrow, though he’s decent with a short spear and adequate with a sword. He’d really, really prefer not to fight up close, though.
Magical Arts:

• Frost touch: He can lower the temperature of objects to the point that it freezes over. Great for beer and crossing rivers.

• Flame touch: He can also heat the temperature of objects; his tea always stays hot. Of course, Avar can take it one step further and cause what he touches to burst into flames.

• Ice shot: Avar can conduct the magic through his arrows, greatly increasing the range. When pierced by an Ice Shot, the person better take out the arrow quick, or they’ll get frostbite and lose a limb.

• Flame shot: Your classic flaming arrow, except made exceptionally flammable by the addition of magic. Someone struck by this better stop, drop, and roll.

• Scatter shot: Avar’s favorite trick. He superheats the arrow so that just before it hits, it shatters into incredibly hot shrapnel. Great for taking care of groups of enemies.

• Ring of Fire and Ice: Without a weapon or a bow, he still has a decent range. Avar can affect the temperature of objects within 10 feet of him without touching them. Great for lighting campfires and torches from a distance. It’s much harder to use this on people, though; that requires touch or a weapon.

• (Four more to be acquired.)
Background: Good luck getting him to talk about it. Avar is an intensely private person, even though he insists his story isn’t that special. He was born far up north, where his father worked as a woodcutter. Avar grew up with a horde of siblings. Because of this, Avar was… encouraged to leave quickly and make his own way at the age of sixteen. That he did, travelling across the lands, picking up languages and skills. Avar mostly worked as a ranger of sorts: hunting game, picking herbs, and selling them to the nearest town. His skills with the bow meant that he started getting hired more as a mercenary instead of a hunter, which he didn’t mind so much. Well, Avar accidentally got drafted into a war once, but it’s fine. Avar got out as soon as he could. He met a few mages from the Iron Wolf Guild during this, though. Nice people, if a little intense.

Avar continued in this methodical fashion for several years, sending money back to his family, reading letters from his siblings and keeping up-to-date on their lives. When he turned twenty-three, though, he made a startling discovery. Turns out Avar had magic. During one of his mercenary runs, his group was being overrun by bandits. He prayed for a miracle and accidentally made one of his own. His arrows suddenly exploded, giving his group enough time to regroup and regather.

Apparently a mage, Avar now had a few more opportunities. He continued to work as a freelancer, but he also started refining his magical skills. In the last year or so, Avar has started being comfortable enough to advertise himself as a mage, though he’s completely self-taught. He decided that it was time to take the next step and maybe get some training. Avar came to town to meet with the Iron Wolf Guild, the nice mages he met that one time. He’s not sure if he wants to join them, but he’s definitely interested in properly learning magic.

Then, Avar heard about this interesting new expedition. It has the chance for good pay, and he might get to meet more mages. As far as he’s concerned, it’s a win-win.

Last edited:
dae mec dae mec The formatting is a little buggy but that's fine. The character you've crafted is beautiful. I was going to suggest revamping your spells to be a bit more useful, but the combination of the kinds of spells you described them as and the fact that he's self taught makes it much more interesting. I'm curious to see how you'll make your spells better as time goes on like if you'll add spells that require weather conditions to be met. Accepted!

Thank you! (I went ahead and fixed the formatting; I noticed it right after I posted and spent a few minutes puzzling out what I did wrong, hah...) I was thinking his "okay" skills could lead to some fun character moments too. Maybe he watches one of the other mages do a neat trick, talks to them about it, and figures out how to adapt them to his own style, thus upgrading his magic. I'm glad you like him! Really looking forward to this!

Adonis Fann
Hades' Ambition
25B6FEEA-ADC0-4B38-BFEE-90862EA51F6B.jpeg

• Nickname: Fuji
    Affiliation: Moon Rose Guild
    Height: 6'1" ~ 185cm
    Weight: 229lbs ~ 104kgs
    Hair Color: Silver
    Eye Color: Brown
    Magic Focus: Fire

Last edited:
twotonedsaint twotonedsaint I don't see your magic type conflicting with his, as his falls under a unique niche that encompasses more than one element. That being said, I would like you to tweak your abilities a bit. For the most part they look fine, but they kinda overlap in function. Granted with elemental magics there's a limit on how creative you can get, I'd still like to see an attempt made.
Firstly, the overlap issue I'm talking about. Your Fireball and Blowtorch spells. They essentially serve the same function with minor differences and quite frankly your Blowtorch is just straight up better as it reaches further. Sure it gets weaker, but more often than not you'll be working with other mages, so inconvenient range isn't going to be a problem in most situations, plus it could be used in a utility role as well as offensive.
Second and third are your other two spells. Dragon's Breath I feel would make more sense if your character focused his magic to create a blade of fire rather than setting your own weapon ablaze. This is fantasy so of course many things can be possible like that, but we still want a little realism to add spice. Heating a metal blade to such a degree would more likely melt it or cause it to shatter on impact because it looses the strength it has when it's at normal temperature. As for Cerberus, I feel like it could function more as a passive acting spell. Perhaps not making him immune, as there will certainly (because story) be stronger fire users, but instead making him much more resistant. The increase of senses doesn't make much sense unless you explain it as a heightened magical sensitivity, kinda like how Kiana could feel the crazy magic battery in the intro I wrote.
I promise I'm not dissing on your character, but I do feel like you could improve with the diversity of spells and their effects. Everything else about your character looks wonderful though so as long as you can try tweaking those spells I don't see a problem.

dae mec dae mec yay iron wolf fella xD even though he is just freelancer

Yeah! :D Actually, if you're interested, I could have one of the guildmembers he met in the past be Laeretia's family member. Brother or dad, maybe? Totally up to you, though, i can easily whip up Throwaway Iron Wolf NPC instead.

Two quick questions.

1.) Are the mage slots currently filled?

2.) When you say that the mages will be doing most of the adventuring, how much of a "back-seat" are the other characters going to take? I ask because when I've seen roleplays separated in a similar fashion in the past, the "non-essential" characters have usually been horrendously shafted to the point of being glorified NPCs at best and nearly irrelevant at worst, so I'm wary of having things stratified in that way.

Two quick questions.

1.) Are the mage slots currently filled?

2.) When you say that the mages will be doing most of the adventuring, how much of a "back-seat" are the other characters going to take? I ask because when I've seen roleplays separated in a similar fashion in the past, the "non-essential" characters have usually been horrendously shafted to the point of being glorified NPCs at best and nearly irrelevant at worst, so I'm wary of having things stratified in that way.
1.) 3 slots have been filled with a 4th needing minor tweaks. 2 slots are currently open.

2.) The mages are the MCs, so most major events are going to have them in the spotlight. However as any good story writer knows, you've got to have buildup and character developments before you trow major events into the mix. That being said, there's going to be a fairly even mix for the mages and the supporting characters to do things. There will be times where the mages dominate the spotlight, but depending on frequency of posting to move the story along, they aren't going to make the supporting cast anywhere near irrelevant. In fact there will be times where mages just won't cut it for the tasks at hand. So simple answer, I'll be doing my best to keep it 50/50, but from time to time one side will have more relevance than the other.

Just finished my sheet, going to put it in a separate post below this one. I prefer to draw my characters rather than use existing images, so if they're accepted I'll go ahead and put together a sketch.

• [Image in progress]

» ABSTRACTIVIST VE'EMET KA VELLS

Height: 5'7" (170 cm)
    Weight: 130 lbs (58.9 kg)
    Hair: Black
    Eyes: Brown
    Affiliations: The Moon Rose Guild (semi-unofficially), The University of Kemekku.

» SKILLS

» Skilled researcher.
    » Curious, yet highly practical.
    » Excellent multitasker.
    » Highly diplomatic.
    » Musically-inclined.
    » Surprisingly good cook.

Last edited:
_Line 213 _Line 213 After our brief discussion I'd like to announce that your character is accepted! I love the amount of detail you put into your character as well as describing a part of the world separate from where the rp will take place. I'll totally be talking with you more to collaborate the world building aspects I plan to be working on when we start this rp.

Yeah! :D Actually, if you're interested, I could have one of the guildmembers he met in the past be Laeretia's family member. Brother or dad, maybe? Totally up to you, though, i can easily whip up Throwaway Iron Wolf NPC instead.
That sounds wonderful! I'd suggest his father, but you can choose whoever you think more suitable xD

DVationz DVationz btw, will we have separate CS thread after all characters accepted? So it will be easier for us to track each character every time we need to xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back