• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ♞Legends of Leohain♞ (Medieval High Fantasy - Main - CLOSED)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Silvyr turned to Robert when he made his way over, keeping his eyes firmly fixed upon Sterling as the lord spoke. It was clear on his face that he felt much the same, resigned as he was to the reality of the situation. After all, Silvyr figured, a knight followed his orders, and these were his.

Silvyr put his hand over Robert's when he touched his arm. "I'll do all I can," he replied readily, before turning to look at Robert and gave him a bright smile. He knew better than anyone else in that room what sort of anxiety Robert must have felt about his departure -- it had been ser Silvyr Spicer who defended him, and he who survived the massacre of the noble family. It had been he who had sworn to continue to defend his lord til his last breath. In his mind, it was no small feat and certainly no easy task to leave the keep altogether to travel to distant lands. But he betrayed none of his concern with his confident tone and bright eyes. "I shall make every effort to accomplish our goals with such speed and write so often that you'll scarcely notice I've gone. I'll be back before you know it, my lord."

He gave Robert a salute and another warm, reassuring smile with a nod. Then, with all the grace of a breeze in the spring, he swung himself up to sit upon Sterling's back. The dark-scaled drake gave a low grumble and a shake, but she did not complain further after Silvyr reached into a saddle pocket near her shoulder to provide her with a strip of smoked meat. Silvyr turned his attention back to Robert. "Until we meet again, my lord! No one will doubt the compassion and nobility of your guard, and I will be certain to apprise you of every adventure along the way. Fare well yourself, and try not to catch another cold in my absence."

With that he offered one last wave, less formal, more fond. Then he turned Sterling and led her trot out of the stables for herself, eager to stretch her legs and get a move on.

Robert clasped his hands in front of himself as Silvyr swung himself into the saddle. "I expect nothing less. You know where I'll be, I want to hear of all your adventures." He said, returning his wave as knight and steed began to leave the barn alley and step into the sun. His expression was one of worry, these people seemed capable but what if they encountered the king's forces? Or Cenred? They could be torn to ribbons and then what hope would they have?
Outside, Shatter was doing his final check of the cart. "Everyone ready? Yes? Good, we haven't got time to waste, the sun won't be up forever."
As he climbed up to take the reins Robert and Aldwin approached, "One more thing, before you go," Aldwin called, "Should you find anyone who's been displaced by Kester's men you ought to send them this way."
"Yes, we'll be trying to set up a sort of... refuge within the keep. We'll do our best to help all those we can."

"Of course, my Lord," Shatter placed a paw on his chest and bowed his head to Ser Aldwin and Lord Robert, "Your generosity will be remembered, I'm sure of it."
All around them people had gathered, guard and servant, to see them off. From the gates came the sound of a spear being tapped against stone, "Come on, now!" Horacio called, "Before you let in anymore dogs."

Once anyone who wanted to ride in the cart had climbed aboard, and anyone who had their own mount was saddled up, Shatter snapped the reins and the cart lurched forward, rattling through the gates as Bramblehook waved at them from atop a crate. Some people stopped to watch them as they entered the small village outside of Umbra Keep, it was small and not exactly bustling compared to somewhere like Khipia or Alban, they mostly raised sheep for meat and wool. As the group passed by a fence, a lamb chased them til they exited into the rolling hills of Thoigard, purple flowers covered much of the land, and in the distance herds of horses and auroch grazed on the still brown grass which would soon turn to a more vibrant green once it had warmed a bit more,
Shatter gave a low rumble as the sun hit his coat.
"We'll reach Thoigard in a few days, but we should still be careful, we don't know if Kester has men patrolling the main trade routes yet. I don't doubt that he at least has spies. Should we meet anyone who seems suspicious or seems to be of the royal army we should not give them our true identities. And if they ask we are simply mercenaries."

Anziium
Mentions: Caligena Caligena Juju Juju

Now, he wasn’t ignorant to the heated gaze of the angel-kin that scorched his turned back; He was very much so aware, his eartips reddening whilst his stomach began to churn and mind whip into a whirlwind. Perhaps….perhaps there’s a chance she was reminded of someone else? The tingling hairs upon the nape of his neck said otherwise, he consciously forcing his steps to remain in a standard stride. No, no. There’s no chance of that when she knew my name. It’s painfully obvious she’s more aware of my own self than I am. Fara might have more of an inkling as to whom she was, that way I can at the very least attempt recognition of her.

Unfortunately, his sister doused that brilliant idea the moment they recovened at Io’s side. Anziium’s brows turned downwards in irritation at her inquiry. “Not in the slightest, I was relying on you to recognize her.” This was certainly poor news. Never would he have guessed someone, out of the entire force that found themselves at Umbra Keep, would recognize him here. And with such concern for his well being, at that! “Are you attempting to probe for some sort of memory from me? Or are you honest in claiming you don’t know her?” He questioned in a diminished volume, keeping this between them and them alone.Surely she would if they had been as close-knit as she claimed.

A worrisome scrunch of his features was concealed behind his palm as he rubbed at the bridge of his nose. At this rate of conflicts, he was going to end up with an aneurysm. “Very well, we can figure this out at a later date. Hopefully she comes to forget she even ran across m-” That much wasn’t about to happen, the golden celestial coming well within his personal space to point a damning finger his way. Before he could speak in his own defense, the winged-woman’s words cut into his skin like thin knives. There was rightful anger behind them, a sense of deep sorrow when he didn’t return the joy of reunitement. What was he to say? That he was quite ill and couldn’t recount a single memory with her in it? He hadn’t a clue as to whether she was an associate? Studymate? Enemy? Lover? She could have played any role within his life with his mind as scattered as it was. He knew nothing, absolutely nothing. It was yet another crack in the form of his internal self, the guilt overwashing him.

Thankfully enough, Shatter began the exiting of the keep’s gates, urging everyone to follow his lead. All but shoving Fara onto Io, Anzi threw his legs over the sides of the horse, taking hold of the reins. “Look, we’re heading out now…” He inclined his head towards the opening gate, trying his damndest to excuse them from the blonde before leaving her to find her ride. It was a pathetic means of escaping the difficult conversation, one that couldn’t last forever. It would have to do for now though. The tiefling siblings would find themselves passing up the slower wagon carrying those without mounts –including the large fae and odd cat–, only slowing their hustle once they reached the upper head of the pack.

“We need to do something. That woman isn’t going to leave me be until I answer her…” He noted towards his passenger, a hefty sigh escaping his chest as he spoke. It was about to be a long ride with the new predicament of avoiding the celestial.

TAGS: sraes sraes + everyone
MENTIONS: helewys + all

BASITE + ROTORMUTH + VESANIA

Basite turned his head when he noticed that there was a horse approaching. At first, he grew nervous, before he realized that it was Helewys. Sighing with relief, especially at noticing that they had stopped the horse, the centaur turned his attention to the newcomer. His brows scrunched, looking to them as they spoke to him, asking if his name was correct and then asking about his leg. Right. He turned his attention to his hind leg, in turn raising it. Though the bite was more on his thigh, he still held up his leg like it was further down, near the hoof.

"Yeah. It's Basite." He pointed out, nodding just slightly. "My leg will be fine."

He dismissed the help, deciding that he did not need it--after all, he was used to constantly being hurt, between the fallen branches that would scrape against his knees, and the bugs, and the other creatures in the Outlands. He would be fine, he figured, though it hurt like hell. Basite put his leg back down without fully putting too much pressure on it--after all, the wound was still fairly fresh. He glanced over at the group, noting them all getting ready to leave. He pushed off the wall and stamped his hoof down, glancing to Helewys.

"Best get ready to go." He waved a hand towards the group, brows continued to be scrunched, and headed on his own way, clearly not wanting to keep the conversation going. What a grouchy being he was.

--

Rotormuth and Ves climbed aboard the cart. Ves took a bit to get nice and comfy, but Rotormuth sat down nicely, placing his large fat tail in his lap and grinning.

🔱 Helewys deGrey 🔱
Interacting with: Basite @i infectedmouth infectedmouth Shatter Hawke. Hawke. Open
Helewys followed Basite's line of sight as he looked back at his previously injured leg and lifted it up, eyes trailing over the newly healed wound in assessment and taking in the whole of the leg's movement as they did. At least it didn't seem to be tensing up terribly if he could be holding it up and maneuvering it as he was so that was a relief, although they doubted it was a terribly comfortable sensation so soon after being hurt.

"That's good to hear," They said with a faint smile though they could sense the reassurance was more a brush off then truth - they made a mental note to keep an eye on the centaur as they traveled in case the wound reopened. Too often people refused to ask for help until things were much worse then they should have been allowed to get; Helewys had no intention of waiting around until they had to exhaust themself to re-heal a wound that shouldn't have needed further attention. Stubborness was sometimes a harder thing for a healer to treat then the actual wounds of their patients. Now wasn't the time to squabble about it, however, so they gave a small wave to Basite as he straightened himself to join the others obviously ready to end the discussion. "Alright, I'll check in on you later then."

Keeping Horse to the back of the gathered group as it finally began to stir into motion, they waited until the carts and majority of the mounts were solidly on their way before following not confident enough in their riding to venture beyond the tail of the pack for the time being. Luckily the pace set was slow enough that they didn't feel too unbalanced and their side had yet to begin to ache - though they'd no doubt that wouldn't hold true for long - as they left Umbra Keep and the small pocket of relative safety there decisively behind them.

After having fought so long to reach the place, it was a bit daunting to leave it again so soon but Helewys wasn't about to let the trickle of anxiety pooling at the base of their spine take hold. They turned their attention to the small village that surrounded the keep, having been too out of it to really take note when they'd arrived, and forced a smile when they saw a few of the villagers watching them pass. All too soon even that distraction was past and the small group were out in the more open fields beyond keep and village both.

With more room to either side of the road and less to potentially spook Horse, Helewys nudged their mount forwards and drew closer to the others to listen to Shatter Roar's instructions. "Mercenaries?" The looked over their eclectic group curiously, unsure if they would pass for mercenaries by anyone who knew what they were about - it seemed as good a cover story as any they supposed and they trusted Shatter to know more than them on that front. "Are we supposedly looking for work then? Or are we already out on a job?"

Untitled1_20210222124306.png
Interacting with TheCrowKing TheCrowKing , open.
Mentioning Zephriel Juju Juju , Helewys sraes sraes , Ves and Twinkie infectedmouth infectedmouth , and Shatter Roar Hawke. Hawke.
Location: Courtyard of Umbra Keep, Road to Thoigard (near the front of the group).

Fara was sloppily picked up and piled on top of their horse with all the decorum a socially awkward exit would allow. Slightly disgruntled, she settled into her position on the rear of the horse, a hand around her brother's waist and the other holding her new staff out for balance as they lurched forward with a start. 'And the layers of mystery fold once more. What a strange and beautiful woman... I hope she keeps herself well on this trip,' she pondered as her gaze hooked back to meet the angel for a moment. Tangent to this "Zephriel", in her line of sight, Fara could just see a peek of the kind tiefling gentleman with the lap cat that spoke to her yesterday. Seeing the mound of fur snuggling into his shoulder, a charmed smile pressed it's way across her cheeks, crinkling her nose and eyes. She gave a small flapping wave to the pair as they passed, the way one would do to a cute baby.

Her attention was quickly jerked back to Anzi as he spoke up. She leaned in close and muttered with a smirk, "I almost half hope she doesn't leave you alone. Maybe we'll be able to get some answers out of her first, if we play our cards right."
She paused a moment to smooth some creases in her cloak, trying to keep as pristine looking for as long as possible on this trip. Meanwhile, one of the others - Helewys, she thinks she remembered from yesterday - addressed Sir Shatter Roar concerning their band's supposed alibi. They were sharp and observant, obviously compassionate to a fault - definitely someone she felt she could trust, even if her brother had insulted and injured them the day prior. She kept a passive ear out for Shatter's response.

Continuing back to her conversation with Anzi, her voice had an air of intrigue laced with childish hope as she hushed, "I could try and make friends with her if you'd like. Small talk, introduce myself, et cetera. Who knows, she may have even seen or heard something we haven't, you never know." She did want to genuinely be friends with this woman, but if she could clear some questions up in the process, then all the better.

Anziium
Interacting with: Caligena Caligena Open
Mentions: Juju Juju
“I’d rather you focus on the primary objective at hand. Perhaps listen for a few spare moments between those daydreams of yours. We’re here to act as aid, not to engage with heathen individuals that suit your fancy.” The tiefling grumbled, lending an ear towards their advising feline companion. Now, one might believe that to be the truth of the larger fellows, but the rest of them, mercenaries? He prayed there wouldn’t come a point in which they’d be questioned, but Anziium knew damn well that sort of luck wasn’t much in their favor.

Ushering a sigh as his younger sibling continued to ramble, he twisted just enough around in the saddle to glare her straight in the eyes, bronze to gold . “Faralynn, I am only telling you this once. Drop it. You sticking your nose into this mess when I specifically say to leave it be, will only result in disaster. And to be frank, I think it’s best if….well….Let’s just leave it alone. Do. Not. Going fooling with that woman. In time, she will realize I have no intention of speaking to a stranger that believes they recognize me.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back