• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legends of Kanor

Ajisai scrunched up his face in frustration. Him discovering that she was a girl really seemed to make her try a lot harder for whatever reason, making it impossible to deal with her at his current skill level. 'Someday, though, someday..." he thought. He sighed as he stopped sending out pillars, panting lightly out of exertion.

Just as he was readying himself for her counter attack, a nearby noise startled him and he strained his body to glance outside and see that a nearby suit of Armor had been knocked over by someone clearly trying to be stealthy. Immediately realizing the possible direness of this situation, he nodded at Chris's silent instruction and bolted out of the room up the stairs as fast as possible. H stopped in his tracks cold as the figure's dagger nearly strucked hi mand could've killed him, before he barefly recovered enough to remember that the corridor they were rushing down now was a dead end. He took a ddeep breath and bolted towards them again, hammer raised, shouting "who goes there?!"
The girl in the dead end looked at Ajisai. "Imikao!", she said and looked around, as of searching for a way to escape. But there was none and so she drew more of the feathers, that were her cape, or her wings. She was looking strange, even for the things Ajisai had seen in Kanor. And the language she spoke was just as strange.

'You are chosen. Concentrate, then you will understand.', Limars voice echoed through the boys head. "Back off I said!", the girl shouted again. This time, he understood her. "I-I am going to use those! Don't force me to do something we both regret." The girl seemed panicking.

Ajisai stared the girl down, hammer clutched tightly in his hands, unsure what to do. Her foreign language confused him greatly. Not wanting to hurt her if he didn't have to, he began lowering his hammer as if to communicate that fact, but she only grew more defensive and drew more of those odd feathers from... her own wings? The cape she was wearing? He couldn't tell. Looking at her, she seemed to not be from around these parts of Kanor either... just who was she? And perhaps more importantly, were all the girls in this realm amazingly cute?! Ajisai was certain now: he was in an anime.

Pushing these thoughts aside forcefully once he realized that they weren't helping in this situation whatsoever, he wracked his brain for what to do, but didn't dare either step out of her way or get any closer. Just as he was wishing he could understand her language, he heard Limar speak up to him.

Ajisai silently heeded the Earth Spirit's words and focused as hard as he could on what she was saying. After a couple of moments, he began to hear her words as if there was a magical English filter over her odd language. She was saying just about what he was expecting her to, however, and Ajisai frowned while looking her in the eyes at hearing this, backing away just slightly but not near enough to let her pass or even move forward without being in swinging range of his massive hammer. He stood steadfastly and said, "maybe I'll move if you tell me what you're here for." He made no move to get any closer, but not to back away either, awaiting an answer with hammer in hand and stance steadfast.

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof

Ajisai stared the girl down, hammer clutched tightly in his hands, unsure what to do. Her foreign language confused him greatly. Not wanting to hurt her if he didn't have to, he began lowering his hammer as if to communicate that fact, but she only grew more defensive and drew more of those odd feathers from... her own wings? The cape she was wearing? He couldn't tell. Looking at her, she seemed to not be from around these parts of Kanor either... just who was she? And perhaps more importantly, were all the girls in this realm amazingly cute?! Ajisai was certain now: he was in an anime.

Pushing these thoughts aside forcefully once he realized that they weren't helping in this situation whatsoever, he wracked his brain for what to do, but didn't dare either step out of her way or get any closer. Just as he was wishing he could understand her language, he heard Limar speak up to him.

Ajisai silently heeded the Earth Spirit's words and focused as hard as he could on what she was saying. After a couple of moments, he began to hear her words as if there was a magical English filter over her odd language. She was saying just about what he was expecting her to, however, and Ajisai frowned while looking her in the eyes at hearing this, backing away just slightly but not near enough to let her pass or even move forward without being in swinging range of his massive hammer. He stood steadfastly and said, "maybe I'll move if you tell me what you're here for." He made no move to get any closer, but not to back away either, awaiting an answer with hammer in hand and stance steadfast.

The girl watched him and grew more confident as she saw that he understood her, lowering her feathers a little. "You understand me? You must he the chosen one, then.", she said and nodded to herself. "Never thought you actually existed." Then, the feather knives were at the ready again, pointing towards him. "Well, give way, chosen one, or I have to end your life prematurely." She shrugged at his question. "I'm here for food and anything I can sell to keep myself over water and survive.", she said, shrugging. "I couldn't know Mr. CHOSEN one would be here."

Ajisai blinked quickly a few times in a confused manner as she acted surprised and guessed that he was the Chosen One, lowering her weapons. Did this mean she was going to yield? Just a moment later, it was clear that she wasn't going to as she raised her weapons once again, causing Ajisai to reaffirm his grip on his hammer and take a deep breath. As she explained what she was heare for, Ajisai sighed.

"Well, I can't let you steal from this place." He hardened his skin again, and had a feeling that thankfully, the stone skin would protect against her feathers, at least to a certain degree. he swallowed hard, then thought of something else to say in the heat of the moment, that might save his life. "H-however," he nervously began, smoothing out his speaking a second later. "I would be happy to part with a few things around here to help you if you'd just ask... I could even let you stay if you've nowhere to go. You'll have to be watched at all times but I'll make sure no one gives you any trouble." 'Unless you steal things anyway,' he thought. "See? We don't have to fight, Miss...?" He looked at her questioningly as he waited for her to tell him her name.

Ajisai blinked quickly a few times in a confused manner as she acted surprised and guessed that he was the Chosen One, lowering her weapons. Did this mean she was going to yield? Just a moment later, it was clear that she wasn't going to as she raised her weapons once again, causing Ajisai to reaffirm his grip on his hammer and take a deep breath. As she explained what she was heare for, Ajisai sighed.

"Well, I can't let you steal from this place." He hardened his skin again, and had a feeling that thankfully, the stone skin would protect against her feathers, at least to a certain degree. he swallowed hard, then thought of something else to say in the heat of the moment, that might save his life. "H-however," he nervously began, smoothing out his speaking a second later. "I would be happy to part with a few things around here to help you if you'd just ask... I could even let you stay if you've nowhere to go. You'll have to be watched at all times but I'll make sure no one gives you any trouble." 'Unless you steal things anyway,' he thought. "See? We don't have to fight, Miss...?" He looked at her questioningly as he waited for her to tell him her name.

The girl looked at him, estimating if he was trying to trick her. The stone would of course prevent her feathers from piercing in, but skilled throws would easily cut it and leave cuts in his skin. She COULD fight him. But did she have to? "We are generally not liked by them.", she said and looked him up and down. "Why would you invite one like me to stay among them, unless you expect them to kill me in my sleep!", she said and then shook her head. "The humans, specially the ones with the marks, they look down on us, because we cant summon spirits like them. Because the spirits are a part of us, they fused with us, that makes us worth less in their eyes."

The girl lowered her feathers. "But i suppose you couldn´t know, can you?" She spun, the feathers out of her hands back on her cape or wings, it was kind of both. She brushed her hair back in place, so it covered half her face. She pulled something out of her pocket, a few forks and spoons out of pure silver and gold. "Here. I stole those. They´re yours. Alright? But you have to give me something to eat right now, to take them back." She still hadn´t given her name. Or what she was.

nto
Ajisai froze and backed up a tad at the strange fox-eared girl's sudden distrusting outburst, unsure were it had come from except perhaps smply that he was human. He had only stepped foot in this world around a week or two ago, and had never heard of this girl's kind. Ajisai's wary gaze rapidly changed to an expression of deep sympathy as she spoke of her people's apperent plight. He'd have to ask Phantomia, Lianne and Chris what they thought of her once this situation was resolved.

Ajisai finally lowered his guard as the odd girl lowered her feathers, looking her in the eyes and shakign his head as she said he wouldn't no. "You're right, I don't... thank you for seeing reason." Ajisai sighed and shook his head as the girl revealed the precious silverware she had stolen. He considered her words for a bit and then nodded. "Alright, follow me to the kitchen. I'm warning you though, there's another human in there most likely... I'lll try to smooth things over with her so you can eat in case she distrusts you." He began to lead her down, and just in case, ordered two nearby suits of armor to follow behind her, weapons at the ready. "I never caught your name," Ajisai said as they walked. "I'm Ajisai. Also... not to be rude but, what are you? I've never heard of your kind before."

Last edited:
Ajisai froze and backed up a tad at the strange fox-eared girl's sudden distrusting outburst, unsure were it had come from except perhaps smply that he was human. He had only stepped foot in this world around a week or two ago, and had never heard of this girl's kind. Ajisai's wary gaze rapidly changed to an expression of deep sympathy as she spoke of her people's apperent plight. He'd have to ask Phantomia, Lianne and Chris what they thought of her once this situation was resolved.

Ajisai finally lowered his guard as the odd girl lowered her feathers, looking her in the eyes and shakign his head as she said he wouldn't no. "You're right, I don't... thank you for seeing reason." Ajisai sighed and shook his head as the girl revealed the precious silverware she had stolen. He considered her words for a bit and then nodded. "Alright, follow me to the kitchen. I'm warning you though, there's another human in there most likely... I'lll try to smooth things over with her so you ccan eat in case she distrusts you." He began to lead her down, and just in case, ordered two nearby suits of armor to follow behind her, weapons at the ready. "I never caught your name," Ajisai said as they walked. "I'm Ajisai. Also... not to be rude but, what are you? I've never heard of your kind before."

The girl followed him, but the armors behind her made her nervous. She felt like a prisoner. "Make those things go away!", she demanded. She followed behind Ajisai. "I´m a Vilit.", she bluntly replied. She did obviously not trust Ajisai at all. It was only that she ran out of options that she had agreed.

Reaching the kitchen, Phantomia´s jaw basically dropped. "What does THAT thing do in our castle, Ajisai?", she asked and the shadows directly closed in on the girl with the weird ears. "Tell those things to back of or the chosen one is in pieces!", she girl shouted, Phantomia however didnt understand a word and only saw, how the girl drew a feather and held it to Ajisai´s throat from behind.

Ajisai tensed up a little when she said to make the armors go away. "I can't, I'm sorry. I'm not taking chances until you either leave or you've been here a while and haven't tried anything funny." His tone was mostly stern, but borderline apologetic. She still hadn't told him her name, but it seemed like prodding for it might make her do something rash, even with the armors still at her back.

Phantomia's reaction as he and the the Vilit girl walked in was aboutwhat he expected. Just as he opened his mouth to explain, he suddenly found himself unable to speak because of the threatening pressure of a blade at his throat. The armors stood at the ready, but did not provoke her seeing as she had thier master as a hostage. 'I really shouldn't have turned my back on her...' Ajisai thought. Lesson learned.... if he survived. If the chosen one died to a mere thief with a feather as the murder weapon, that'd be extremely pathetic. Ajisai looked pleadingly towards Phantomia, eyes nearly tearing up with fear, unable to speak. 'Please call them off... the armors will be ready if she tries anything anyway,' Ajisai pleaded mentally, not daring to speak lest he cut his own throat open by doing so.

Ajisai tensed up a little when she said to make the armors go away. "I can't, I'm sorry. I'm not taking chances until you either leave or you've been here a while and haven't tried anything funny." His tone was mostly stern, but borderline apologetic. She still hadn't told him her name, but it seemed like prodding for it might make her do something rash, even with the armors still at her back.

Phantomia's reaction as he and the the Vilit girl walked in was aboutwhat he expected. Just as he opened his mouth to explain, he suddenly found himself unable to speak because of the threatening pressure of a blade at his throat. The armors stood at the ready, but did not provoke her seeing as she had thier master as a hostage. 'I really shouldn't have turned my back on her...' Ajisai thought. Lesson learned.... if he survived. If the chosen one died to a mere thief with a feather as the murder weapon, that'd be extremely pathetic. Ajisai looked pleadingly towards Phantomia, eyes nearly tearing up with fear, unable to speak. 'Please call them off... the armors will be ready if she tries anything anyway,' Ajisai pleaded mentally, not daring to speak lest he cut his own throat open by doing so.

Phantomia made the shadows leave completely, waving around in a way that showed she wouldn't try to harm the girl. Said girl removed the blade from Ajisai's throat, but was still half hidden behind him. "Tell her that I won't hurt anyone if nobody tries to hurt me!", she demanded from Ajisai. Phantomia ignored the unknown words and looked at her future (maybe) boyfriend. "Ajisai, why would you bring a half blood into our castle?", she asked. The word halfblood seemed to be one that the girl knew. "Tell her if she says that word again she is dead before she can do so a third time. I'm not going to fall as easy as brother. Not even to a chosen one. Mother used to tell me the chosen one would bring peace and unite the tribes. I believed her until they killed brother. No human could ever accept us. I learned that. Not even a chosen one can. This here proves how you are only a tyrant to the others. You're not godly, only devellish."

Ajisai deeply let out the breath he'd been holding, and immediately backed away from the Vilit girl. The armors surrounded her, grouping more near Ajisai than anything and protecting him. At her demanding foriegn words, that clearly only he could understand, he calmly relayed them to Phantomia. "She says she won't hurt anyone if no one tried to hurt her... I can understand her, somehow." Ajisai sighed when Phantomia asked why he brught a half-blood (whatever that meant) into the castle, the Vilit girl cutting in. Her words caused him to clench his fits, and he mostly ignored them. "I am not the one who threatened you, I'm giving you a chance," he told her, before turning towards Phantomia. "She snuck in herself. However, I'm trying to give her a chance because if she really meant harm to us, I'd likely already be dead. Please, try to bear with her for a short while. If she continues to be a problem, she will simply have to leave." He turned toward the Vilit girl and gave her a stern look, than back to Pahntomia, giving her a pleading look, almost like a little puppy. "Please Phantomia?For me?"

If Phantomia backed down, Ajisai would tell the Vilit girl to help herself to the leftovers that still hadn't been put away yet. Ajisai kept the armors close by just in case, the air tense. If Phantomia didn't back down, Ajisai would order the armors to take the Vilit girl to the dungeons, every armor in the room attempting to arrest her as he cast his stoneskin power again and moved to protect Phantomia. He just hoped that it didn't have to come to that, that there didn't have to be fighting when it seemed that the Vilit girl was just trying to survive and didn't have any truly evil intentions.

Ajisai deeply let out the breath he'd been holding, and immediately backed away from the Vilit girl. The armors surrounded her, grouping more near Ajisai than anything and protecting him. At her demanding foriegn words, that clearly only he could understand, he calmly relayed them to Phantomia. "She says she won't hurt anyone if no one tried to hurt her... I can understand her, somehow." Ajisai sighed when Phantomia asked why he brught a half-blood (whatever that meant) into the castle, the Vilit girl cutting in. Her words caused him to clench his fits, and he mostly ignored them. "I am not the one who threatened you, I'm giving you a chance," he told her, before turning towards Phantomia. "She snuck in herself. However, I'm trying to give her a chance because if she really meant harm to us, I'd likely already be dead. Please, try to bear with her for a short while. If she continues to be a problem, she will simply have to leave." He turned toward the Vilit girl and gave her a stern look, than back to Pahntomia, giving her a pleading look, almost like a little puppy. "Please Phantomia?For me?"

If Phantomia backed down, Ajisai would tell the Vilit girl to help herself to the leftovers that still hadn't been put away yet. Ajisai kept the armors close by just in case, the air tense. If Phantomia didn't back down, Ajisai would order the armors to take the Vilit girl to the dungeons, every armor in the room attempting to arrest her as he cast his stoneskin power again and moved to protect Phantomia. He just hoped that it didn't have to come to that, that there didn't have to be fighting when it seemed that the Vilit girl was just trying to survive and didn't have any truly evil intentions.

Phantomia looked at Ajisai. "How would the halfblood get in herself, there is a door of fate, remember? Whatever. If you want to treat her, go ahead, I'll be leaving to a less conterminated area." With that, Phantomia pushed her way through the armors and passed everyone, sure to give a extra disgusted look to the Vilit. The girl spit to the ground as Phantomia passed and then looked around, spotting some left over food and hopping over with one big leap. She smelled the leftover flesh and the tasted it. Then, she nodded. The girl muttered a thank you and then a word Ajisai couldn't understand. "Xiana." Then she started to eat eagerly, as if she hadn't eaten for days. Still, her distrustful eyes stayed on Ajisai and the armors.

Ajisai stopped in his tracks and blinked a few times at Phantomia's question, looking over at the Vliit and saying "that's a very good question," as he glared at the strangely-eared girl incredulously. Ajisai sighed and gazed after Phantomia sadly as she left. Ajisai watched as the Vilit girl devoured the food, casting a sympathetic glance at her as he realized just how starving she had to have been. Ajisai smile a little despite himself at her thank you, only to raise his eyebrow at hearing the unfamiliar word 'Xiana'.

He patiently waited as she ate, eventually deciding to order the armors back totheirr resting places, making sureto use stoneskin just in case as distrust was clearly quite mutual between the two. Once she had eaten her fill, Ajisai spoke up again. "Just three questions, please. What's your name, for the second time? What does Xiana mean? And most importantly, how on earth- I mean, in Kanor, did you get through the door of fate?!"

Ajisai stopped in his tracks and blinked a few times at Phantomia's question, looking over at the Vliit and saying "that's a very good question," as he glared at the strangely-eared girl incredulously. Ajisai sighed and gazed after Phantomia sadly as she left. Ajisai watched as the Vilit girl devoured the food, casting a sympathetic glance at her as he realized just how starving she had to have been. Ajisai smile a little despite himself at her thank you, only to raise his eyebrow at hearing the unfamiliar word 'Xiana'.

He patiently waited as she ate, eventually deciding to order the armors back totheirr resting places, making sureto use stoneskin just in case as distrust was clearly quite mutual between the two. Once she had eaten her fill, Ajisai spoke up again. "Just three questions, please. What's your name, for the second time? What does Xiana mean? And most importantly, how on earth- I mean, in Kanor, did you get through the door of fate?!"

The girl laughed at his questions as she had finished her meal. "You really aren't the brightest, chosey.", she teased. "Xiana IS my name." She laughed again and got up, she hat sat on a table the whole time. The girl was only unnotacibly smaller than Ajisai, her forehead levelling his eyes. She looked up to his eyes. "How I got in? Through the door." She laughed again poking his nose. "Its not difficult to open a door of fate. Not for me, not for you. But for others, maybe." With that little riddle of a reply, she hopped towards the cooking fields, curiously inspecting them. It looked like she had never been in a kitchen as modern and well built as this one, as she was inspecting everything with a huge curiosity.

Ajisai blushed. "R-right... I knew that, Xiana. Totally," he nervously replied. He admitted internally that he really wasn't a bright one at all, though, just like your average anime protagonist... yet another parallel between Kanor and the shows Ajisai grew up watching as a kid.

Ajisai pursed his lips and simply gave Xiana a look at her cryptic answer, only proving her a little less treustworthy than even beforehand. "I'll definitely be watching you...' Ajisai said. True to his word, he watched her eat then watched her explore the kitchen with deep curiosity bordering on fascination. He had no idea how long he watched her marvel at the stove, the drawers full of utensils she likely had never seen before, that rather newfangled icebox, and other things that Ajisai could tell she hadn't seen before. It suddenly hit Ajisai that yet another cute girl with adorable quirks had suddenly shown up in his new life as Chosen one. Yep.... he was definitely in an anime. There's no doubt about it.

So, Xiana," Ajisai said after a short while of marvelling at the marvelling the bird-cat-girl-creature in front of him was doing, 'once you're done checking out the kitchen, would you likeme to give you a room to stay in? I'd advise staying there for the time being once you get there, so I can hopefully prevent reactions like Phantomia's from coming from the others here by explaining the situation. I won't summon armors unless you act hostile. Let's go."

Ajisai blushed. "R-right... I knew that, Xiana. Totally," he nervously replied. He admitted internally that he really wasn't a bright one at all, though, just like your average anime protagonist... yet another parallel between Kanor and the shows Ajisai grew up watching as a kid.

Ajisai pursed his lips and simply gave Xiana a look at her cryptic answer, only proving her a little less treustworthy than even beforehand. "I'll definitely be watching you...' Ajisai said. True to his word, he watched her eat then watched her explore the kitchen with deep curiosity bordering on fascination. He had no idea how long he watched her marvel at the stove, the drawers full of utensils she likely had never seen before, that rather newfangled icebox, and other things that Ajisai could tell she hadn't seen before. It suddenly hit Ajisai that yet another cute girl with adorable quirks had suddenly shown up in his new life as Chosen one. Yep.... he was definitely in an anime. There's no doubt about it.

So, Xiana," Ajisai said after a short while of marvelling at the marvelling the bird-cat-girl-creature in front of him was doing, 'once you're done checking out the kitchen, would you likeme to give you a room to stay in? I'd advise staying there for the time being once you get there, so I can hopefully prevent reactions like Phantomia's from coming from the others here by explaining the situation. I won't summon armors unless you act hostile. Let's go."

Xiana looked at him. "A room?" She then tilted her head to the site. "A room...", she muttered and then her eye, the other one was hidden under her hair, got big. "You will put me in a cell! No! I'm not going in a cell again! Not without a fight!" She got out her feathers again. "No, I saw what happens if you stay too long in a cell. The masked butcher comes and takes of your head! I saw brother die to them!" She shook her head and took cover behind the ice-box. "I won't go down without a fight! No human will easily get my head!"

Ajisai nodded. "Yes. A nice spacious room, with a nice view." Moments later, despite the words he had just said, Xiana suddenly became very fearful and Ajisai met her eyes with a deeply sympathetic and worried look. Just what had happened to her and his brother she kept metnioning? Ajisai sighed and stayed were he was, not daring to come any closer as if to startle her, but spoke softly to her. "Xiana... the people here are not the same people that killed your brother. I'll tell youwhat, I will allow you do do whatever you wish within reason, while keeping an eye on you of course. I want to help you, Xiana..." he trailed off, giving her an unmistably kind look.

Ajisai nodded. "Yes. A nice spacious room, with a nice view." Moments later, despite the words he had just said, Xiana suddenly became very fearful and Ajisai met her eyes with a deeply sympathetic and worried look. Just what had happened to her and his brother she kept metnioning? Ajisai sighed and stayed were he was, not daring to come any closer as if to startle her, but spoke softly to her. "Xiana... the people here are not the same people that killed your brother. I'll tell youwhat, I will allow you do do whatever you wish within reason, while keeping an eye on you of course. I want to help you, Xiana..." he trailed off, giving her an unmistably kind look.

Xiana looked into his eyes and slowly crawled out of her cover behind the ice box. Then, she straightened up front to him. "Okay. I'll believe you. But I request that you at no moment leave my side. Except for the toilet. But other than that, you will ALWAYS be around me." She demanded. This was not a bargain, this was a straight up demand, almost an order even. "You're the only person I believe. So don't leave me."

Next, she took his hand and rushed out of the kitchen, looking around. "Your room will be my room, because you can't leave my side. So show me where it is." She had obviously taken him as her guard by now.

Ajisai's eyes beecame wide as saucers and a blush spread through his cheeks as Xiana's behavior towards him suddenly flipped around 180 degrees and she demanded that he stay with her at all times then suddenly yanked him out of the room.

As she pulled Ajisai along, she even requested that they share his room. Thing is, he'd seen the master bedroom earlier and knew it had one large double bed and no other places to sleep, not even a couch, loveseat or the like. This thought caused him to blush even harder. "U-Umm... sure, I'll stay near you for the time being but... I-i think sharing a room to sleep is a little much. I... suppose you can stay for just... tonight though... I-I'll show you."

Ajisai couldn't beleive his own words, spurred on by the combination fo Xiana's beauty, his empathy for her and her strangely atttractive forcefulness. 'I really hope Lianne and Phantomia don't get the wrong idea about this or i might just die,' he thought in fear. Still, his feet carried him to a large set of double doors at the end of the upper floor hallway, behind which was a large, fancily decorated bedroom. "Whatcha think, Xiana?" Ajisai asked nervously, hoping to god that none of the other girls were around to see what was happening right now, a suddenly-appearing Vilit girl holding Ajisai's hand as he took her to his bedroom.

Last edited:
Ajisai's eyes beecame wide as saucers and a blush spread through his cheeks as Xiana's behavior towards him suddenly flipped around 180 degrees and she that he stay with her at all times then suddenly yanked him out of the room.

As she pulled Ajisai along, she even requested that they share his room. Thing is, he'd seen the master bedroom earlier and knew it had one large double bed and no other places to sleep, not even a couch, loveseat or the like. This thought caused him to blush even harder. "U-Umm... sure, I'll stay near you for the time being but... I-i think sharing a room to sleep is a little much. I... suppose you can stay for just... tonight though... I-I'll show you."

Ajisai couldn't beleive his own words, spurred on by the combination fo Xiana's beauty, his empathy for hjer and her strangely atttractive forcefulness. 'I really hope Lianne and Phantomia don't get the wrong idea about this or i might just die,' he thought in fear. Still, his feet carried him to a largeset of double door as the end of the upper floor hallway, behind which was a large, fancily decorated bedroom. "Whatcha think, Xiana?" Ajisai asked nervously, hoping to god that none of the other girls were around to see what was happening right now, a suddenly-appearing Vilit girl holding Ajisai's hand as he took her to his bedroom.

Xiana followed Ajisai to his room and happily explored it as well. Her favorite part was the bed. She jumped into the air, she made jumping up a good three meters look easy and like something s toddler could do, and bolted down towards the bed, bouncing of into the air again. The girl repeated that a few times.

That was, when the door opened. Chris stood there. "Ajisai, did you catch the intru-..." The warrior stopped mid sentence, as she saw the Vilit. Same went for the latter. They just stared at each other for a few seconds, before Chris summoned her sword. "Ajisai... get out of the way.", she muttered. "I can finally care for a mistake I made long ago." The Vilit drew her feathers. "Your mistake was to leave me alive... And all mistakes take their toll eventually... This one's price is your life, butcher." Chris laughed. "I haven't been called that since years, since I attend the Acadmia."
"A good place to hide for scum like you...", Xiana spat out. Chris nodded. "They stopped searching."

No further words were spoken for some moments before Xiana jumped into the air, floating. "Christina Von Alder, this is where you die!" Chris laughed, getting into a stance. "Ridiculous. I'll make you join your pitiful brother."

Ajisai found himself smiling and joyously watching the girl before him bounce up and down on the bed, the sight endearing him greatly as he just stood there in the open doorway, taking her in.

Suddenly, Chris's voice snapped Ajisai right out of his cuteness-induced trance with his sudden question, which Ajisai turned to listen to and then answer, suddenly catching an intense disbelief in her eyes, as if the last thing she was ever expecting to see was Xiana. Chris's eyes shot towards Xiana, seeing virtually the exact same expression on the Villit girl's face. What on earth was going on here? "U-Umm, do you two... know each-" he wasn't able to finish his nervous question as Chris suddenly pushed past him, drawing her sword.

'W-wait a moment, you two!" They comepletely ignored his words, tension in the air building at the speed of light. There was very bad blood betweeen these two... that's the one thing that was clear.

Ajisai felt, at first, that he could do nothing about this, until Chris uterred her final words, laughing before goading that... she killed Xiana's brother. His death clearly tore Xiana up inside... and Chris laughed about hit. Ajisai, irrational and impulsive just as all anime heroes were, Ajisai strained himself to for a thick, massive rock wall that sealed off the half of the room Xiana was in. Then, he used stoneskin, readied his hammer, and loudly called for all armors to go after chris, a second alter a stampede of clamping boots being heard going towards the room. "Chris... I don't know why you killed her brother but I can't let you finish the job. I thought I knew you, even though I really knew nothing about you at all... stupid on my part."

Ajisai found himself smiling and joyously watching the girl before him bounce up and down on the bed, the sight endearing him greatly as he just stood there in the open doorway, taking her in.

Suddenly, Chris's voice snapped Ajisai right out of his cuteness-induced trance with his sudden question, which Ajisai turned to listen to and then answer, suddenly catching an intense disbelief in her eyes, as if the last thing she was ever expecting to see was Xiana. Chris's eyes shot towards Xiana, seeing virtually the exact same expression on the Villit girl's face. What on earth was going on here? "U-Umm, do you two... know each-" he wasn't able to finish his nervous question as Chris suddenly pushed past him, drawing her sword.

'W-wait a moment, you two!" They comepletely ignored his words, tension in the air building at the speed of light. There was very bad blood betweeen these two... that's the one thing that was clear.

Ajisai felt, at first, that he could do nothing about this, until Chris uterred her final words, laughing before goading that... she killed Xiana's brother. His death clearly tore Xiana up inside... and Chris laughed about hit. Ajisai, irrational and impulsive just as all anime heroes were, Ajisai strained himself to for a thick, massive rock wall that sealed off the half of the room Xiana was in. Then, he used stoneskin, readied his hammer, and loudly called for all armors to go after chris, a second alter a stampede of clamping boots being heard going towards the room. "Chris... I don't know why you killed her brother but I can't let you finish the job. I thought I knew you, even though I really knew nothing about you at all... stupid on my part."

Chris laughed. She grabbed the mask, pulled it off and tossed it aside. Her white eye now showed and inside of it was what looked like a second mark. Chris freed her long, flowing hair. A cruel beauty. "Yes, yes you thought so...", she said. "Yet you know not who you are up against." Her mark on her wrist glowed, Magnus appearing front to her. "Magnus. You served me good...", she said and the wolf growled satisfied. But her expression got cold and cruel. "Sadly I have no use for you anymore." Christina reached out her hand and Magnus began to howl in agony, as he was slowly being absorbed. Chris eye glowed brightly. "Face me, Ajisai. I am Christina Von Alder, bearer of Aldritch, Devourer of Spirits. Limar will surely make a great addition to our collection." Chris sword began to glow brightly. "You could not even fight my sealed form. How are you supposed to win now?"

"With my help." Phantomia took her place next to Ajisai. Her sword was ready and she smiled at him. "Lets defeat Aldritch. He most likely betrayed us anyways. Aldritch is an ally of Ukarsh." Without hesitation, Phantomia charged at Christina. Tendrils of dark tried to arise behind the enemy, but a lightning struck from the ceiling and destroyed them. As Ajisai tried to make his move, the earth he had summoned suddenly started getting wet. From the ceiling, water rained down on him, turning earth to mud and making it useless to him. Phantomia and Chris were clashing blades. Chris was in the offensive role, her style a deadly dance of blade, as always. The girl was able to take on both enemies, skilledly being able to separate them and deny team attacks.

The battle seemed to take a good turn, Ajisai saw himself able to deliver the harsh blow needed to finish a target with a hammer, but Christina barely dodged and planted a kick to Ajisais chest, sending the poor chosen one flying across the room. He crashed into a wall, stunned. The next things looked like they happened in slow motion. Christina suddenly thrusted her blade forward, impaling Phantomia through the stomach. The shadow user however raised her hands and planted them to Christinas head. Black fog started to emit from her hands, as Christina cried out in pain. She tried to resist, but could not and aftet what felt like forever, the dead body of Chris, the eyes now completely black, dropped to the ground lifeless. Phantomia tried to reach Ajisai, but couldn't, she collapsed mid way. There, she stayed. The last thing heard from her was "Kuuu~… Cutie won't be mine..." Then she was quiet. And remained lifeless.

Ajisai felt something different about Chris now. The same girl (who he'd thought was a guy until very recently) that had helped train him had this sudden evil aura about her as she transformed right before his eyes. The mark in her eye... it seemed like a bad omen. It was a bad omen. The herald of his doom. The moment Chris suddenly absorbed Magnus so quickly and suddenly and revealed the spirit she was truly aligned with, Ajisai knew..... he was dead. He swallowed hard and, despite the situation, face Chris down with a hard, angry stare, about to swing right after she echoed his own thoughts. he had to give this his all. "I, Ajisai the chosen one, will defeat you for the good of all Kanor!" If he'd never felt like he was in an anime before, he did now.... life-endingly dangerous situations and all.

Thankfully, he was not alone. Phantomia rushed to his side almost as if his heroic words had called her, much to Ajisai's combined surprise and relief. Though she was mad at him, she clearly wanted to stand with him far more than hold onto any sort of grudge tonight.But he couldn't help but feel very worried about her... she'd be taking the brunt of the battle after all. Ajisai nodded harply towards Phantomia before facing Chris down again and charging hard towards her.

The battle seemed already lost at first, but just as he was on the brink of despair, things started lookingup. He fought hard, sweating profusely as he swung his hammer and unleashed earth attacks with might he'd never thought he could possess. At one point he stopped trying to catch her with rock-based attacks and focused on hammer blows, instinctively as if a powerful warriro spirit within him had awakened. This method of focusing on the hammer nearly seemed to pay off in the form of a crushing death blow, but it narrowly missed her, and the next thing he knew, Ajisai let out a yell of pain as he slammed against a wall, Chris's foot having moved so fast and hard to kick him that he hadn't noticed before it was far too late. He couldn't move in this positon... only watch as the most shocking, terrifying and downright traumatizing thing he had ever experienced happened right before his eyes.

He barely registered in his mind what was happening as his heart thumped loudly in his chest. Only when he heard Phantomia's death cry, obsessed with him to the end it seemd, did he fully realize what happened.

Then, it tore from his throat. "PHANTOMIA! NOOOOO!" The tears started and seemed like they wouldnever stop, and he barely understood that Phantomia was able to destroy her assailant as well.

For along time, minutes, hours, he had no sene of time anymore, he bawled, finally pulling himself out of the wall and crawling, every part of his body sore, towards Phantomia's corpse. He took her into her arms and burying his face into her neck, shaking with intense emotion.

Suddenly, a realization wracked him, when he was no longer in shock and simply falling into a quiet state of grieving. Xiana was still trapped behind the wall. Wit hteh last bit of his strength, he concentrated, his mind barely taking the strain of such an action, an tore the wall down, the stone receeding bacck into the floor and cieling. He looked overthere to make suer that she was okay, his face tear-stained and rosy read, his eyes bloodshot, adn tears still streaming down his cheeks. he smiply stared at Xiana with an utter look of bewilderment. This pai, the pain of seeing what happend... it felt like it had broken his mind.

Ajisai felt something different about Chris now. The same girl (who he'd thought was a guy until very recently) that had helped train him had this sudden evil aura about her as she transformed right before his eyes. The mark in her eye... it seemed like a bad omen. It was a bad omen. The herald of his doom. The moment Chris suddenly absorbed Magnus so quickly and suddenly and revealed the spirit she was truly aligned with, Ajisai knew..... he was dead. He swallowed hard and, despite the situation, face Chris down with a hard, angry stare, about to swing right after she echoed his own thoughts. he had to give this his all. "I, Ajisai the chosen one, will defeat you for the good of all Kanor!" If he'd never felt like he was in an anime before, he did now.... life-endingly dangerous situations and all.

Thankfully, he was not alone. Phantomia rushed to his side almost as if his heroic words had called her, much to Ajisai's combined surprise and relief. Though she was mad at him, she clearly wanted to stand with him far more than hold onto any sort of grudge tonight.But he couldn't help but feel very worried about her... she'd be taking the brunt of the battle after all. Ajisai nodded harply towards Phantomia before facing Chris down again and charging hard towards her.

The battle seemed already lost at first, but just as he was on the brink of despair, things started lookingup. He fought hard, sweating profusely as he swung his hammer and unleashed earth attacks with might he'd never thought he could possess. At one point he stopped trying to catch her with rock-based attacks and focused on hammer blows, instinctively as if a powerful warriro spirit within him had awakened. This method of focusing on the hammer nearly seemed to pay off in the form of a crushing death blow, but it narrowly missed her, and the next thing he knew, Ajisai let out a yell of pain as he slammed against a wall, Chris's foot having moved so fast and hard to kick him that he hadn't noticed before it was far too late. He couldn't move in this positon... only watch as the most shocking, terrifying and downright traumatizing thing he had ever experienced happened right before his eyes.

He barely registered in his mind what was happening as his heart thumped loudly in his chest. Only when he heard Phantomia's death cry, obsessed with him to the end it seemd, did he fully realize what happened.

Then, it tore from his throat. "PHANTOMIA! NOOOOO!" The tears started and seemed like they wouldnever stop, and he barely understood that Phantomia was able to destroy her assailant as well.

For along time, minutes, hours, he had no sene of time anymore, he bawled, finally pulling himself out of the wall and crawling, every part of his body sore, towards Phantomia's corpse. He took her into her arms and burying his face into her neck, shaking with intense emotion.

Suddenly, a realization wracked him, when he was no longer in shock and simply falling into a quiet state of grieving. Xiana was still trapped behind the wall. Wit hteh last bit of his strength, he concentrated, his mind barely taking the strain of such an action, an tore the wall down, the stone receeding bacck into the floor and cieling. He looked overthere to make suer that she was okay, his face tear-stained and rosy read, his eyes bloodshot, adn tears still streaming down his cheeks. he smiply stared at Xiana with an utter look of bewilderment. This pai, the pain of seeing what happend... it felt like it had broken his mind.

Xiana looked at the scene front to her. The butcher was dead. The girl that had berated her, but seemed to mean something to the chosen one was dead as well. The chosen one was sitting next to her corpse. He was crying. Xiana waited for a moment before she acted and then took Ajisai into her arms, laying her wings or cape around him and her, soothingly patting his head. After a few minutes, she released him again and walked to Chris´s corpse. "Its a shame...", she muttered and pulled out a golden feather. "This was meant for you Christina. Brothers feather. It was supposed to be your death..." Xiana looked at the feather and then at Chris, walked back to him and knelt down. She took a hand of his and laid the feather into it, then closing the hand and pushing the closed fist with the feather to his heart. She smiled, tears rolling down her cheeks. "This feather was meant to kill my brothers murderer. It is his feather. My brother, who always led me, who i never left the side of." She smiled a bit less as she said that, but kept the smile up as she looked into Ajisai´s eyes. "But i found a better use. This feather will not be used to kill. It will be a sign. A sign you shall wear. From now on, chosen one, i am at your side. I will give my life for yours if i need to and will never leave you. I will be there, no matter what we face. From now on, you, chosen one, are my leader. You shall own the feather of my beloved brother as the sign of it. Keep it in honor." She looked into his eyes, waiting for a reaction.

Ajisai looked to Xiana with slight confusion underneath his overlaying pained expression, only for his eyes to widen as she suddenly embraced him. The girl that just moments ago was very distrusting and distant towards him was hugging him. After that initial shock had set in and then faded, which took a few short moment, Chris wrapped his arms around her and stayed there for as long as she let him sobbing into her shoulder. When she released him, he had calmed considerably and was no longer crying. Being the chosen one really wasn't all it was cracked up to be, was it? He had just been slapped in the face by having two people he considered friends die one after the other, after one of them betrayed him to boot.

Ajisai watched with forlorn eyes as Xiana closed the golden feather into Chris's hands. What she did, or rather said, next shocked him even more than the hug. He looked into her eyes with an even mix of empathy and gratitude, then after a few moments found himself rushing up to hug her again. "Xiana..." he whsipered, "I am honored that you will follow me, and that I will be the best leader that I can be. I could never replace your brother, but perhaps I can fill the void in your heart of a leader to follow. I will keep the featehr in honor and treasure it."

He released Xianna from the hug, and turned away from the two dead bodies lying next to him. 'Phantomia... I swear that I will defeat your father in your honor,' he thought before turning to leave the room. "Come on then Xiana... we need to find Lianne. She's another human but, she's a lot more mature than Phantomia. I think you'll get along a lot better with her. We need to... tell her what occured. Frankly I'm also worried about her, she's been issing... and last time she went missing she nearly died." She actually had suffered a fate worse than death for a short while but that was beside the point.

As they walked, Ajisai found himself taking Xiana's hand. "You don't mind, do you?" He asked nervously. "I just... really need to know someone's there right now..." he'd just lost two friends, after all. At this rate, what if Liana and then his newest friend Xiana died too?

Ajisai looked to Xiana with slight confusion underneath his overlaying pained expression, only for his eyes to widen as she suddenly embraced him. The girl that just moments ago was very distrusting and distant towards him was hugging him. After that initial shock had set in and then faded, which took a few short moment, Chris wrapped his arms around her and stayed there for as long as she let him sobbing into her shoulder. When she released him, he had calmed considerably and was no longer crying. Being the chosen one really wasn't all it was cracked up to be, was it? He had just been slapped in the face by having two people he considered friends die one after the other, after one of them betrayed him to boot.

Ajisai watched with forlorn eyes as Xiana closed the golden feather into Chris's hands. What she did, or rather said, next shocked him even more than the hug. He looked into her eyes with an even mix of empathy and gratitude, then after a few moments found himself rushing up to hug her again. "Xiana..." he whsipered, "I am honored that you will follow me, and that I will be the best leader that I can be. I could never replace your brother, but perhaps I can fill the void in your heart of a leader to follow. I will keep the featehr in honor and treasure it."

He released Xianna from the hug, and turned away from the two dead bodies lying next to him. 'Phantomia... I swear that I will defeat your father in your honor,' he thought before turning to leave the room. "Come on then Xiana... we need to find Lianne. She's another human but, she's a lot more mature than Phantomia. I think you'll get along a lot better with her. We need to... tell her what occured. Frankly I'm also worried about her, she's been issing... and last time she went missing she nearly died." She actually had suffered a fate worse than death for a short while but that was beside the point.

As they walked, Ajisai found himself taking Xiana's hand. "You don't mind, do you?" He asked nervously. "I just... really need to know someone's there right now..." he'd just lost two friends, after all. At this rate, what if Liana and then his newest friend Xiana died too?

Xiana smiled at him a little and hugged him again. "I know you will.", she muttered and looked at him. He had lost friends, two of them, just now. It all would not have happened if she never entered the stupid door of fate. But she had been so curious and she knew she could open them, she just couldnt resist. Did she have to regret it? She did not think so. The butcher found a justified death and even though she was sorry for Ajisai´s lost friend, she was happy to have found him.

"I dont mind. If you say she won´t hate me, then we can search for her. I told you i would follow you." She smiled and took his hand. "Lead me. I dont know my way around this castle.", she said and giggled. "Except for the treasure room and the one where the silver forks and knifes are." Xiana followed Ajisai around and they eventually found a room, which was leaking a bit of music. It was not music, but singing, someone with a beautiful soothing voice. "When the cold of Winter comes
Starless night will cover day
In the veiling of the sun
We will walk in bitter rain

But in dreams
I still hear your name
And in dreams
We will meet again

When the seas and mountains fall
And we come to end of days
In the dark I hear a call
Calling me there
I will go there
And back again..."

If Ajisai intended to enter before the song was over, Xiana would hold him back, caught by the sound of words she couldn´t understand. However, the song still delivered a message to her heart and she wouldn´t let Ajisai interefere. But when the song was over, he could open the door, to see sitting Lianna on her bed, combing her long, blonde hair. She looked at Ajisai with a slight, embarrassed smile. "I knew you would come. We have no time to lose. The enemy will try to gain allies. The humans think this land stops after the monsterfilled area´s. They are wrong. Other kingdoms lay behind, like the Vilit, the Ihan and another human kingdom. Especially the humans are something we cant let Ukarsh pull to their side..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back