• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Legend of Zelda IC anyone?

WolfSol

Brain cashew smooth
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Fandom - In Need of a Hero CS - Legend of Zelda
In Need of a Hero - Legend of Zelda

Character(s): Non-Canon, if canon preferred then PM me
Timeline: Fallen Hero Timeline; 10 decades post Breath of the Wild
Antagonist(s): Pending Calamity Ganon and Majora
Universe: Alternate Universe; includes failed Hero timeline from Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess universe knowledge, Skyward Sword creation knowledge, Breath of the Wild past events

Something is wrong with the Hero, and after a number of events and the Hero's disappearance, Hyrule is left vulnerable. The Triforce is missing, the Sages have been ground to dust, the Goddesses and Spirits are silent, civil unrest has begun to rip political ties and treaties asunder, Queen Zelda has fallen sick, and her child has been forced to take up responsibilities of the throne at a young age. Worst of all, an ancient darkness has been unleashed from the confines of the forgotten prison in Gerudo territory and it's spreading through disease and famine.

Yet the Forbidden Power, a relic from the Twilight Era, remains in the heart of Lost Woods. It is rumored to have ruined the Hero, changed him. However, it is the only thing left to battle against the oncoming darkness that is slowly causing Hyrule to deteriorate and fall into eternal decay. After seeing a prophecy, the child of Zelda shares news to the remaining Sheikah to seek out newly chosen individuals, youth with the capabilities to obtain and harbor the Forbidden Power.

The disease, dubbed Acili, is spreading like wildfire and killing off youth one by one, dwindling Hyrule's chances at a future. If the royal child's prediction is unfounded then all of Hyrule and the world as we know it could cease to exist.

If only we had the Hero...

This was a random idea I had, kind of referencing the ideal of Hyrule University where everyone is pitted against each other for the position of Hero. However, this will be much darker. The Forbidden Power was used in the Twilight Princess video games and is considered to originate from twilight. Although it isn't mentioned, the Hero has fallen to insanity and has vanished due to this. The Queen, Zelda Nohansen, has fallen ill. You're more than welcome to take control over any characters; however, if you are wishing to take control over a canon character, you must PM me a sample of your writing of that character. OCs are highly welcomed.

So... anyone interested?

Acili - Untreatable:
- Mostly notably caught by those between ages 1 month to mid-twenties
- Starts with a bruise, spreads and slowly corrodes over the skin like blackened veins.
- Hair and eyes age and turn white
- Symptoms include dehydration, hallucinations, delusions, dizziness, seizures, high fevers, loss of appetite, muscle failure, and temporary blindness
- Death by dehydration, high fevers, or heart failures
- Some cases of Acili has been reported where the skin has melted off, making bones, muscles, and the like visible for all to see

Forbidden Power:
- Exact location is unknown, but it is harbored in Lost Woods
- Rumored to have come into contact with the Hero
- Highly influential, its influences surpassing Majora's Mask
- Its Chosen are said to have wicked tendencies; however, this is a rumor driven by fear of the unknown
- It is said to act like the Triforce in which it answers the bearer's heart... but with an unknown twist

Last edited:
hmm...i'm fairly interested, but ive never played Twilight Princess (wasn't a fan of the whole 'wolf' thing - it just sounded like to me that it was aimed at those that enjoy all those werewolf stuff) - is that an issue? also, i assume all the stuff beforehand is canon, as well as the mechanics of the world?

The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald

(I can assure you it was not aimed at those that enjoy all those werewolf stuff. Albeit I love wolves, they invited the wolf element to create a dark atmosphere in-game, and to bring the ideal of a "beast" into play that was more elegant than pig Ganon)

No, it is not an issue, as long as you know that Twilight Princess introduced the interlopers/Twili and that there is another dimension (like Link Between Worlds). Additionally, I mention non-canon preferred to prevent everyone from wanting to just take on Link instead of making and enjoying the ability to create their own character :) The mechanics and beforehand events, in a sense, are canon, yes (Forbidden Power is from Twilight Princess as well). Breath of the Wild shall be the most recent timeline.

Please note that the characters that are made to be the Forbidden Power's chosen do not have to be like the Hero, at all. So go hog wild!

(okay, fair enough. it just looked like that from the trailers i saw)

hmm...ive had an idea already about the character. i assume since Link has gone MIA, the Master Sword has poofed alongside him?

(okay, fair enough. it just looked like that from the trailers i saw)

hmm...ive had an idea already about the character. i assume since Link has gone MIA, the Master Sword has poofed alongside him?

They introduced wolf link to bring a dark atmosphere and the ideal of the darkness changing his shape to that of a beast... a more elegant beast compared to pig Ganon... imagine Link as a pig XD

This is correct-o-mundo, except for the sword. The Master Sword, although not specified in the IC, will have its location known, but its magic has dwindled due to the loss of the Triforce and silence of the gods. Those who are not chosen by the Triforce cannot touch it so our Forbidden Power chosen Heroes will be unable to use it due to the Sword and Triforce's alignments. (Forbidden Power's alignment is, as its name might suggests, rather dark or chaotically neutral)

However, I'm open to others ideals and opinions

WolfSol WolfSol

I guess I'm interested. I'm not super knowledgeable of the different Zelda timelines, but I have played quite a few of the games. I like the darker tone you're going with.

I have an idea for a character already, but I'd like to know a little more about the Acili. So what I have in mind is a YA Gerudo that was exiled when it was discovered she had contracted the Acili. I think it would be cool playing a character that is trying to hide her infection from the others while having to deal with the symptoms. Obviously, this idea doesn't work if the Acili is fast acting. So to better understand the Acili here are a few questions regarding it:

1. Does it progress slowly, quickly, or randomly depending on the person?
2. Is the mode of transmission completely random, or can it be passed on through contact of some kind?
3. Would things like healing potions or magic be able to slow its progression?

WolfSol WolfSol

I guess I'm interested. I'm not super knowledgeable of the different Zelda timelines, but I have played quite a few of the games. I like the darker tone you're going with.

That's quite all right! If you have any questions about LoZ specifics, ask away!

I have an idea for a character already, but I'd like to know a little more about the Acili. So what I have in mind is a YA Gerudo that was exiled when it was discovered she had contracted the Acili. I think it would be cool playing a character that is trying to hide her infection from the others while having to deal with the symptoms. Obviously, this idea doesn't work if the Acili is fast acting. So to better understand the Acili here are a few questions regarding it:

We may have a few characters that do this, try and hide their disease, so keep that in mind :) There will be a stigma so your character's desire to hide it is sound and realistic in-RP.

1. Does it progress slowly, quickly, or randomly depending on the person?
2. Is the mode of transmission completely random, or can it be passed on through contact of some kind?
3. Would things like healing potions or magic be able to slow its progression?

Untreatable, nothing seems to calm the spread

It is said to have started from the red waters of Hylia

How it is transferred from host to host is unknown

Mostly notably caught by those between ages 6 months to mid-twenties

Starts with a bruise, spreads and slowly corrodes over the skin like blackened veins

Hair and eyes age and turn white

Symptoms include dehydration, hallucinations, delusions, dizziness, seizures, high fevers, loss of appetite, muscle failure, and temporary blindness

Death by dehydration, high fevers, or heart failures

Life expectancy after the bruise is discovered and visible ranges from 1 month to 2 years

Some cases of Acili has been reported where the skin has melted off, making bones, muscles, and the like visible for all to see

What alignment will your character be? Triforce or Forbidden Power/Fused Shadow?

WolfSol WolfSol

Working on my profile, but not done yet. Liking how it's turning out. I didn't mean for it to happen, but she's basically turned into Ashitaka from Princess Mononoke.

WolfSol WolfSol
Almost done. Just gotta write up the writing sample (which won't take long), and format (my least favorite part).

Loving everyone's characters so far.

Anyone good at image manipulation?

I can't find a good true Gerudo face claim I really like. I did find a FC that I really like that looks Gerudo, except...she's too pasty. How difficult would it be to give her a healthy tan?
Urooa_1.jpg

All right! We're just sitting for a bit while we see if anyone else wants to join! Have an idea for your character? Will the character be canon or OC?

Sorry I haven't been on! I'll get to making a C.S!!! I don't plan on being a canon character because I'm pretty trash at Rping canon characters lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back