• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Legend of Korra - After the War (jaydude x Necroknight)

jaydude jaydude

"Guess he has our appetite," chuckled Li, lovingly feeding her son and her first chance of acting in a feminine way.

Then Xiao asked from her a rather interesting question. "Hmm...well."

"I would have kept the armies intact, in addition to the state. While the reason in the end was bad, the main purpose was a decent one..."

"If Wu didn't want the throne then fine. At least have allowed us other nobles to have a say in it," she grumbled. "Even when Wu disbanded the Earth Kingdom - he did it in a similar way that Earth Queen had ruled. His choice, his opinion was right. Like the Earth Queen had thought for years..."

"Then maybe established an assembly. With the ruler eventually making way for a more elected assembly with the Monarch a figurehead or a cultural icon. But instead - the system, was destroyed. While Wu thought it was good - a monarch isn't a ruler WITHOUT his subjects."

"Look at Jin the Conquerer. His entire army and lands fell into ruin. Why? Because he didn't have a system of subjects and them in turn oaths to lands..."

Li sighed simply. "Whatever he thought, his choice destroyed a system a thousand years old. Not the perfect, not the best - but at least something of leadership. Without any ideas on how to replace it except - figure it out yourself. That isn't bravery it's cowardice."

"Still...look at now with the Remnants. The 'people' made their choice. Who are we now to say no?" she asked with a sarcastic tone.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"The people didn't choose the Remnant. The Remnant tried to make that choice for the people when they took Ba Sing Se." Xiao replied in a cool, yet reassuring tone, her smile disappearing as she spoke.

Then her expression became more thoughtful. "This assembly of yours...who would be in it? How would it operate and rule? And in what ways would it benefit the Earth Kingdom?"

She had some ideas of how an assembly could work from her political studies, but she wanted to be sure that she was on the same page as Li.

jaydude jaydude

"Well starting off the nobility at first," she explained. "As much I hate to say it out - most other people wouldn't have the experience, education or even understanding to come into office..."

"Plus, there wasn't much to make. You could use the old system of governance and in time - shift into from hereditary to elected."

"That way you plant the seeds of future change. Gradual change is more better and stable than sudden. 'A move to different ideas' - instead of 'Your free now. Wait what?'"

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"I agree that we should have people with education and experience in the assembly." Xiao said. "As for your other point, it's all very well changing the system gradually, but I'm still not entirely sure what we're going to be changing it to. How exactly will this assembly rule the Earth Kingdom? Will it be like a confederacy, a republic, or a federation? That's what I'd like to know."

jaydude jaydude

"Well....I think a federation might work. It is how the United Republic started out initially," spoke Li. "I mean - sure a central government is needed. But many regions of our former home - has very different customs and traditions."

"Best to have a government all of the divided regions can agree on to play the peacemaker and get along...." she spoke.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"Yes, a federal government would allow the individual states autonomy, while also giving the Earth Kingdom representation in international affairs." Xiao replied, having almost finished eating.

"As for how we could form the central government, perhaps we could do what the Southern Water Tribe did, and have the state governors vote on a leader, or perhaps on members of a small council. You think either of those would work?"

jaydude jaydude

"A small Council perhaps. We have seen how giving power to one individual can turn out..."

"Whether it be given, taken or bestowed - all such times have ended in disaster," she said. "Still...all these talks. Are you planning something Xiao?"

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"Oh, no. I just wanted to get your opinions on the subject." Xiao replied, as she finished the last of her food.

"Well, I'm done. Once you two have finished, shall we head back to the hotel?"

jaydude jaydude

"I think so," replied Li, as she soon slowly continued eating her own meal and feeding Yun as well. "Sorry - I sometimes get very philosophical, since that was how I was tutored. Or rather was one of my favorite subjects..."

"I guess my moral compass is still the same - that I was trained to have," she spoke. "Hmm. I never did told you how and what did I learn - before I became your hand-maiden? Right?"

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"Well, I think you mentioned that you lived in Republic City with your parents then, but I don't know much more than that." Xiao replied, unsure about where this was going.

jaydude jaydude

"Well....when I was taken to be your handmaiden - I was trained in many arts," explained Li. "Key among them was mostly - well....body guarding, assassination....combat and fighting off enemy assassins...."

"I will admit - back then, it was a different world," she said. "My morality was different. Anything that helped you and your family was good - anything else that harmed it was bad...."

"That was why - despite the Earth Queen being the greatest dictator in our history - I...well....didn't see anything bad in it. Your family was successful and thus I was happy too...."

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"That's a bit like how I felt, once I was old enough to understand what was going on in the rest of the Earth Kingdom." Xiao admitted in reply.

"I had an idea of what the queen's leadership was like - we both lived in a governor's household after all - but I never really let it bother me. Our family was very well-off, I knew that in our state at least, my father was doing the best he could as a leader, and I didn't see any way that I, or anyone else, could change the system for the better. So I was largely okay with what was happening elsewhere."

jaydude jaydude

"Indeed. That was how I was raised, likely how you were raised to see the world. It was...fine...for such a world but not the current one..."

"Know you understand why I disliked Prince Wu so much? His refusal to act, letting another work by themselves and then giving it all up?" she sighed.

"It struck all those old cords of mine. It brought devastation to your family and thus you...which is why even today...I still dislike him. I can respect him as a human...but never as a ruler again..."

NecroKnight NecroKnight
Xiao simply nodded at Li's words about Wu. "I know that he had no plans to actually rule the Earth Kingdom, and I can't say I would trust him to do so. But yes, the dissolution of the monarchy could have been handled better than it was."

She leaned back in her chair and took a deep breath. "I think that's enough talk about politics for the time being. Would you like to head back to the hotel?"

jaydude jaydude

"Yeah....I think I am," replied Li, soon finishing feeding Yun as well - the kid was a quiet and silent eater, although when he was fed - he seemed rather hyperactive type. As already he was crawling and trying to get out of Li' hold.

Which was a funny image itself - as Li was too agile to get our of, while Yun was too much of a baby, to give up when his curiosity was piqued.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
Xiao paid the bill, and the three of them got another taxi back to the Four Elements Hotel. Hanging up her new hat and jacket in the bedroom of the suite, Xiao put her bag of shopping next to her luggage, hoping that Li wouldn't try and look in it. She couldn't help but blush when she remembered what she'd bought, and how she was planning to spend the night with Li.

"So, any plans for how to spend the rest of the day?" Xiao asked innocently, before whispering to Li in a considerably less innocent voice, "because I've got plans for the night, once Yun's asleep."

jaydude jaydude

"Oh my...what has my dear wife planned for me?" asked Li, acting flustered - as she was still holding onto Yun who wanted to escape her mother' grasp.

"I am not sure. This place got a pool? Or a spa perhaps?" she asked.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"It's got both, from what I read in the brochure. Is there some kind of treatment you want to get?" Xiao answered to Li's question, as the three of them were gathered in the sitting room of the suite.

She then grinned at her wife and Yun. "I think you'd better put him down. The fact that he's a foot off the ground isn't making him less eager to escape your grip."

Then she leaned forward to whisper lustfully into Li's ear again, while running her hands up her thighs to make sure she got the message. "As for what I've got planned for tonight, you'll find out once he's asleep. Assuming you're up for a bit of late night fun."

jaydude jaydude

"Oh....I will be definetly," replied Li, soon putting Yun down on the ground and watching him soon scurry off - like the ball of energy he was.

"Well he seems to be having fun...but we can't just leave him here alone. Is there anything he might be able to do or play with?" she asked. "There a pool for kids?"

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"There is, with an attendant and everything." Xiao said as she checked her brochure again, while also making sure the door was properly shut. She didn't want Yun running off and disappearing into the hotel when they weren't looking.

"So anyway, are there any particular treatments you want to get at the spa?" She then asked, walking back over to Li.

jaydude jaydude

"Everything. I think my back is like a rocky shore and my legs are like wooden logs. I can't remember the last time I took time to relax..." she sighed.

"I think I might be jelly after they have finished on me," chuckled Li.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"In that case I'll see what I can do." Xiao said, kissing the other two on their cheeks before leaving the room.

Once everything was sorted, the three of them took an elevator down to the lower levels of the hotel, where the pool and spa facilities were located. They dropped Yun off at the toddler pool, where there were a number of very young children and a female waterbender attendant, currently using her bending to simulate small waves in the shallow pool for the enjoyment of her charges. One look and a few words later, and Xiao was secure in the knowledge that her son would be safe and well looked after.

"So, the first stop; the sauna." Xiao said, taking Li's arm and gently leading her towards the changing rooms.

jaydude jaydude

"Ughh....I can't remember the last time I visited this kind of place," spoke Li - soon enough coming out with a towel around her body.

"So. Sauna...spa...what else has my minx planned for tonight?" she teased, soon taking ahold of Xiao' arm - letting her lead them to the sauna.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
The sauna was a small room with wooden walls and floor, a wooden bench on one side and a box containing a layer of hot rocks. Before Xiao and Li entered the room, the rocks had been heated from below by a fire - which greatly warmed the room up - and then doused with water, reducing the humidity of the room and preventing the temperature from being intolerable.

Xiao also had a towel wrapped around her body, as well as another one wrapped around her hair to prevent it from being dried out. Her wedding ring was in a locker with her clothes; hot metal was painful to wear. Leading Li inside the room, she closed the door and sat down on the bench, sighing in appreciation of the sauna's temperature, and feeling it melt her stress away.

"Sorry, but it's a surprise. All I'll say is that you'll know once Yun's asleep." Xiao said in answer to Li's question.

jaydude jaydude

"Oh goodness me...will I regret letting you take charge?" teased Li, grinning at Xiao. "From the way you speak of it - I might not be able to move tomorrow."

That giggle was accompanied by Li resting her head on Xiao' shoulder. "This is nice though... I am... happy we get to spend time together...all of us."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back