• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Legend of Korra - After the War (jaydude x Necroknight)

NecroKnight NecroKnight
Xiao smiled down at Li, loving the sight of her and Yun. "So, what do you think?" She asked, holding her arms out to emphasize her new attire.

jaydude jaydude

"Sexy, stunning and breath-taking," explained Li in one quick word. "So what is with this fancy style?"

"Trying to surprise me with some dinner date or fancy opera?" asked Li, eager to hear their plans here.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
Xiao gave another smile and sat down next to Li. "No, I just thought I'd try something a bit different, and seeing as we're in Republic City...I take it you approve?" She batted her eyelashes at Li after saying this, before taking a look at Yun.

jaydude jaydude

"Damn Xiao, your making me feel hot just by looking at you," stated Li, looking Xiao over many times.

In the meantime Yun was fast asleep in his mother' arms. Despite Li not having dealt with this before, she was a natural still.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
If she was able to get Li in the mood with this outfit, Xiao thought, she couldn't imagine how she'd react tonight.

"I'll be sure to thank you for that appreciation tonight..." Xiao whispered into Li's ear, before leaning back and speaking in a much more proper manner. "So, did you two buy anything while I was gone?"

jaydude jaydude

"Not really, was left too occupied by our little bundle of joy right here," replied Li, gently stroking his head as he slept in her arms - suckling on his pacifier.

"You got any of those baby-bags? Ones which I can wrap around my chest and have him snuggled against me?" she asked - pulling the mama role for Yun, now that Xiao was away doing shopping.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
Xiao remembered seeing one of those things Li had described. A relatively new invention if her knowledge was correct. Sadly, she hadn't thought to buy one.

"Sorry." Xiao said with an apologetic smile, before offering her arm. "Want to come and get one with me, along with some other such things? I'll let you take charge."

jaydude jaydude

"Fine I will come with you - but your the smarter one among us - I will handle Yun, while you pick out something nice for us," replied Li - letting Xiao take charge for once, in their relationship. After all, a marriage was build on trust and equality after all.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
And so the three of them set off to buy baby clothes and other things for Yun. Xiao accepted being put in charge of this, but she still ran every potential purchase past Li before buying it, checking whether the other woman agreed with it. Money was no object; the only limits in place were practicality and good taste.

"Well, I believe that's everything." Xiao said once their shopping was concluded. "What do you want to do now?"

jaydude jaydude

"I don't know. How about getting something to eat?" offered Li in reply - as while Xiao looked like the fancily dressed noble, on a vacation. Li was turned into something resembling a bender-mom. As she had Yun hanging from her chest - with an attire that stated 'I am a mom, don't fuck with me'.

"I know a very great place we can try out. Seafood and everything," she explained.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"Seafood? Sounds good." Xiao said as she signalled a nearby taxi over.

"So, this place of yours. Where exactly is it?" Xiao asked, opening the taxi door up for Li.

jaydude jaydude

Li soon had the taxi, take them to - as Xiao had predicted - a Water Tribe cuisine restaurant.

"Trust me on this, they have the best noodles, you have ever had," she said. Still carrying Yun with him.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
Xiao took a look at the name of the establishment - Narook's Seaweed Noodlery - before following Li inside.

(Hope you don't mind, but I'm a bit of a sucker for references to the series. :) )

After Xiao had hung her hat on a stand near the door, the three of them quickly found themselves a table in a corner of the restaurant, and after sitting down, Xiao started looking through the menu, a stir-fry noodle dish with squid, shrimps and mackerel in it soon catching her fancy.

"You want me to handle the orders?" Xiao asked Li.

jaydude jaydude
(That was the idea)

"Sure, I am loving it how you are in charge," giggled Li, playing with Yun, now that the kid had woken up to the smell of food as well.

"Ohhh, I feel all warm inside for some reason - playing mommy here..."

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"I think I know what you mean." Xiao said, giving Li and Yun a fond grin before heading up to the counter to place their orders. Once that was done, she returned to her seat at the table to wait for the food to be delivered.

"So, you feeling better now that you're no longer responsible for the state security?" Xiao asked Li, always thinking about the other woman health.

jaydude jaydude

"Yeah....I feel a bit relieved," she admitted - although in a rather sheepish tone, like she was shirking her responsibilities. "...while I admit, I did some good work - it was mostly just my own fighting skills, mixed in what Kuvira had taught and talked about..."

"I am rather...feeling good - knowing that my only duty now, is simply watching over our baby boy here and you..." she stated, a warm smile on her face.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"You're such a sweetheart." Xiao said, giving Li a warm smile in return. Her wife's words had touched her heart.

Relaxing in her seat, Xiao took a look around at their fellow patrons in the restaurant. There were other families, as well as couples and groups of friends, but all of them looked to be enjoying each other's company, without a care in the world.

"It's nice to be able to just relax, and not have to worry about politics and bandits, don't you think?" Xiao said, turning back to Li.

jaydude jaydude

"Indeed it is. Though one can't completely ignore them - it is better to have someone better qualified dealing with the matter than me," said Li.

As she gently bounced Yun on her leg, making funny faces to him - as the two waited for their order.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"True, we can't just ignore everything involving politics, especially with the current situation in the Earth Kingdom." Xiao replied, remembering the bandits and the Remnant, before she put such thoughts aside.

"If you don't mind me asking, how do you feel about Korra right now? I know the two of you didn't exactly hit it off when you first met." It was a question that could be said to have come out of the blue, inspired as it was by the water tribe decor of the restaurant, and the talk about politics.

jaydude jaydude

"Well....I think she is learning," stated Li. "When I first heard about her - then I thought, she might be a decent Avatar. I mean, she was taught every element, or what I heard - she learned Air only later. But from all the news outlets I had heard - that girl was as dumb as a doornail when it came to reality...."

"As for being the Avatar. I guess, I can fault her completely...I still will criticize her every choices made...but I can honestly say - that likely nobody saw the chaos still remain..." she spoke.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"I don't really know if I can say anything about her. I've barely gotten to know her in what little time she's been around us." Xiao said, shaking her head. "From what little I've read about her, I'll admit that there were some things she could have done better - her handling of the Anti-bending Revolution and the Water Tribe Civil War, mainly - but I think it's a bit unfair to judge her solely on what the news outlets have said about her. I mean, when we were both growing up, a lot of the people in Ba Sing Se's Upper Ring weren't too fond of the Avatar, what with Avatar Aang's role in allowing the formation of the United Republic in old Earth Kingdom territory."

"Then again, nowadays the news outlets talk about how she's been going around the Earth Kingdom helping people out, whether it's dealing with bandits, talking with state leaders, solving disputes, providing medical aid to people, or even just keeping an eye on things to make sure they're alright. From what I understand she's really working hard to try and fix things...I'm sounding a bit hypocritical, don't you think? Basing my own opinion on what I've heard in the news after advising against doing so?"

jaydude jaydude

"It's okay. The bottom point is - that the previous mistakes that she has made, that Korra is willing to put some effort into it and solve it," explained Li, as she drank some whatever - while muttering 'even if she caused it' to herself silently.

"Well then - dare I ask what you ordered for us?" she teased, giving a look over at Xiao then down at Yun - currently in charge of handling all of the needs of the kid. It was a different take than handling about over a hundred officers under her control - but it was a starter at least.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
(If you don't mind, would you like to pick Li's order?)

Before Xiao could answer that question, a server came by with their orders, as well as a small bowl of fish-flavored baby food for Yun. Xiao thanked her, and picked up her chopsticks.

"There you are." Xiao said to Li with a smile, very certain she'd picked something her wife would enjoy, before starting to eat.

jaydude jaydude
(I thought Xiao picked that dish for both?)

Li smelled the food and saw it was the same as Xiao' own. "Hmm, going for the safe option, huh?"

"Don't worry, I love shrimp and noodles as much as the next guy or gal. Maybe even more," she spoke, already trying it out. "Ohh, yeah. Amazing..."

As she ate, she also held up Yun and had him try out his own food. As she also fed him while eating herself. "How you liking it kiddo?"

NecroKnight NecroKnight
(It's fine. Let's not dwell on it.)

"I think he likes it." Xiao said, grinning at the sight of Yun happily consuming the baby food.

As the three of them ate, another question came to Xiao. "If you don't mind me asking, if you had been in charge, what would you have done after the Earth Empire was disbanded? What would you have felt was the best way to fix up the Earth Kingdom?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back