• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Legend of Korra - After the War (jaydude x Necroknight)

jaydude jaydude

"I guess we shall see. Unless we start screeching whom we are to every people in the City - then I assume we can remain incognito..." said Li. "Plus Beifong..."

"Anyway, let's get going soon," she giggled, then realized something. "Ohh...what about Yun?"

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"I thought the plan was for us to bring him along. Like I said, I don't want to keep leaving him behind whenever we go somewhere, and it's not as if we're heading into a warzone." Xiao said, fondly running a hand through her wife's hair.

jaydude jaydude

"Okay, okay you convinced me. You conniving minx," she replied, nuzzling her wife' cheek in reply.

"Hope he appreciates this when were older. Or at least will give us more privacy then," she giggled. "All set to go?"

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"You know it. I'll start booking everything tomorrow." Xiao said, kissing the other woman softly. "Oh, one more thing, how do you want us to travel? We can either take a train, use an airship, or..." an idea occurred to her, "...what do you say we charter a biplane and get someone to fly us?"

The first two options would be much more peaceful and luxurious for the three of them, but a biplane would be a lot faster. However, the main reason Xiao was considering the biplane was because of the novelty. Right now the use of planes for civil aviation was not very widespread, and scheduled air transport had yet to become a thing. But the industry had apparently been making big strides under Asami Sato, and some people were predicting that it would become a huge deal in the future. Xiao liked the idea of playing a small part in its development, even if she were just one of the earliest passengers.

However, the experience of riding in a plane was completely new to her, and she had to admit, the thought of hurtling through the air at high speeds in something other than an airship did make her a bit nervous.

(Either of the three transport options is fine, btw)

Last edited:
jaydude jaydude

"Hmm. How about we try biplane?" she chuckled, smiling at Like.

"Plus, I also know how to fly one," spoke Li, with a wink. "I taught myself, so when it became necessary in Qutong I could assist them..."

"Think you can fit everything in our biplane? I could find us a biplane."

NecroKnight NecroKnight
Xiao smiled. "Is there anything you don't know?" she asked. "On second thoughts, don't answer that." she added moments later.

"Anyway, yes. I should be able to fit everything in a biplane." She gave Li another kiss. "I love you. See you in the morning."

-----

It took a while for Xiao to arrange everything, but two days later, she, Li and Yun were saying their goodbyes to everyone at the gates of the family estate. The biplane was waiting at the airfield, with all the luggage loaded onboard.

"You three have a good time, okay?" Xiao's mother said to Li, while hugging her tightly. She'd been just as worried about Li's mental state as Xiao had these last few days.

Yun had started walking a few days ago, and so Xiao - now wearing an aviator's jacket over her casual clothes and goggles on her forehead - gently put him down on the ground in order to say her own farewells. She exchanged hugs with both her parents and her younger siblings, and received an assurance from Kuvira that the state's security would not be compromised. Once all her goodbyes had been said, Xiao picked up Yun with one arm and linked her other around one of Li's.

"Well, you ready for takeoff?" Xiao asked, full of nervous excitement.

"Of course I am," replied Li - as she soon got them ready into the biplane.

As she soon buckled them all up together. As Xiao was wearing a special harness that made sure Yun was attached to her - and in no way, possible would be accidentally able to slip off or away. So Xiao didn't have to worry about that.

As Li soon made the final adjustments - as they all fit into one cockpit in particular, as Li wasn't in no way letting them sit in a secondary cockpit alone. Plus they had to put their luggage somewhere - as she soon sat infront of her two important people in life. She gave a quick squeeze to Xiao' hand and padded Yun' head - before placing a similar cap on his head.

"Bye...well try to write," spoke Li - as she soon started the engine and without further issues quickly took off. Laughing in joy and being able to finally be..in essence...free.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
In contrast to her wife, Xiao was practically terrified out of her mind as the plane took off and flew. Human beings were surely not meant to move this fast through the air! How could the plane stay together when it was made of such thin metal and cables?! And what if the engine stopped working?! It wasn't like they could stop the vehicle on the side of the road and fix it.

There was a childish cry of joy from inside the plane. Unlike Xiao, Yun was greatly enjoying his first plane ride, judging from his happy expression and the way he was waving his arms around.

"I don't see what's so exciting about this." Xiao said to him rather primly. It was no small relief to be able to get out once the plane had landed on an airfield on the outskirts of Republic City.

"It'll take some getting used to." Xiao said to Li, once all three of them had disembarked from the plane. She had never been so appreciative of solid ground before.

jaydude jaydude

"You worry too much," replied Li, but nonetheless padded Xiao' shoulder and got all of their luggage with them.

"So. Where is our first stop at?" she asked, eager to follow Xiao around.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
Carrying Yun, Xiao headed over to the waiting taxi parked at the airfield. Once everyone was inside, she instructed the driver to take them to the Four Elements Hotel.

"I booked a room there for one night." She explained to Li. "My plan is for the three of us to do some shopping this afternoon, then I'll get a babysitter for Yun so the two of us can have a romantic dinner somewhere in the evening. We'll fly off to the Fire Nation tomorrow. Sound good?"

jaydude jaydude

"I guess so," agreed Li, giving her smart wife a kiss on her cheek. "Hehe. Can't wait to see what place you picked out for us to visit..."

"Actually...I'll wait and let it be a surprise..."

NecroKnight NecroKnight
Xiao looked through the windows of the taxi as it drove through the streets. A lot more of the city had been repaired and rebuilt since their last visit, although they still went past a number of ruined and damaged buildings, with and without building crews working on fixing them.

"So, anything in particular you were hoping to buy?" Xiao asked Li.

jaydude jaydude

She shrugged, a wide grin on her face. "Whatever I could get my hands on. Perhaps try my luck with fashion...maybe start seeing my own clothing..."

Then Li slapped her forehead. "Damn. I forgotten...I had a home here remember? Wonder if it is still intact...or if it was sold already..."

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"Hmm...well if you didn't make any arrangements before we joined Kuvira three years ago, I imagine it would have been sold to someone else once the payments from you stopped coming in. Or it might have been destroyed by the Colossus. But we can find out for ourselves once we've got all our luggage stored in our hotel room." Xiao said.

jaydude jaydude

"Well... I am not sure if or what in that situation h ad happened. Plus since no water or electricity was used the payment would be zero," she stated.

"In addition, it was my family home. Paid out for. So unless it was destroyed by the Collosus - if anything else had happened to the place then I am entitled to restitution..."

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"Do you want to head over and have a look? It's not too far off the way to the hotel." Xiao said, recalling the address of Li's apartment from another lifetime.

(I'll let you decide the fate of the apartment.)

jaydude jaydude

"I guess so," replied Li in kind - as the two of them soon had the taxi drive over to where Li' family apartment used to be. Suffice to say the place remained the same, although it seemed to have gotten an upgrade and transformation into something different.

While Li was saddened by the sight, but she knew most of what she had there was old and dust mostly. As her new life with Xiao had changed that. "I smell a tasty and wealthy lawsuit coming..." she stated, with a grin. "But later..."

NecroKnight NecroKnight
Xiao shook her head and smiled, before they got back into the taxi, which resumed its journey towards the Four Elements Hotel. Again, Xiao handled the check-in. She was doubtful that the desk clerk would recognize her and Li from the last time they were here, but as an added precaution, she had booked the room under her mother's maiden name, to throw off any connection between her and the Qutong governor's daughter. Despite this, Xiao felt as nervous as she had during the plane flight as she carried out the transaction, but mercifully it all went off without a hitch, and the clerk told them to enjoy their stay.

Xiao had booked one of the high-roller suites of the hotel. It consisted of three rooms; a lounge with comfy couches, a radio on a table in the corner and a crib for Yun, a bedroom with a king-size bed, and an en-suite bathroom with a bath as large as the one Xiao and Li had back home. Their luggage had been bought up into the bedroom by the hotel staff.

"So, you ready to go shopping?" Xiao asked Li once they were settled into the room.

jaydude jaydude

"But of course," she chuckled. "You wanna take Yun along too? Maybe find something fancy for him to wear too?"

"Kid is going to grow up soon. Can't have him stuck with his old PJs forever. Isn't that true my little one?" she cooed at Yun.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"Yes, I was planning on bringing him along." Xiao said, noticing that Yun was also gurgling happily, though whether or not it was the prospect of new clothes, she had no idea. In any event, the three of them took a taxi down to one of the high end shopping districts of the city.

"You wouldn't mind taking care of Yun for a bit? I've...got some shopping of my own I want to do." Xiao said once they got out of the taxi. Try as she might, she couldn't help but blush slightly and look a bit nervous as she said that.

jaydude jaydude

"Fine, fine...come here little guy," cooed Li as she soon picked up Yun from Xiao' hands and gently held him.

"So my little guy, eager to play dress up with your mommy's?" she asked from Yun, holding her child.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"Er, do you want me to come with you?" Xiao asked, looking confused. Li had implied with that last line that she wanted Xiao to join her and Yun, even though she'd just given Xiao the go-ahead to get some shopping of her own done.

(Typo?)

jaydude jaydude

"Huh? Nonono - it's okay, just playing with Yun here," said Li, as she gently carried him away - letting Xiao prepare and go shop for her private things that she wanted to get.

(Aye, sorry)

NecroKnight NecroKnight
Initially, Xiao's shopping was perfectly innocent. First she went and got herself a new outfit; a green ankle-length dress in the fashion of the United Republic, complete with tights, stockings, and a jacket that matched the colour of the dress. As an extra touch, she got herself a small green bowler hat with a Fire lily set in the side of it. It wasn't part of the outfit originally, but she thought it would be a nice touch.

Leaving the shop in her new outfit, Xiao wondered if Li would recognize her at first, before she headed over towards a more discrete shop. She checked to make sure no-one else was looking at her, more out of embarrassment than anything, before entering through a side entrance, and reemerging with a bag containing something she planned to surprise Li with tonight, once Yun was asleep. The bag gave no clue where it had come from, and Xiao had no intention of allowing Li to find out before tonight at the earliest.

After spending a bit more time looking around the shops, Xiao left to rejoin Li and Yun, approaching from out of her sight in the hope of surprising her wife.

"Hello miss, can I ask you a few things?" She asked, as if she were talking to a stranger.

jaydude jaydude

Li was sitting outside in the sun, gently rocking Yun in her arms. It would be enough to even melt Kuvira' heart to see this sight.

"Hmm. How may I assist you-" she asked, before looking up and spotting Xiao.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back