• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
FLANDRE SCARLET

A voice suddenly chimes; a breeze of the wind trickling at Venom's back. Like a card through a magician's sleeve, it was like she had materialized from thin air- without so much of a sound to announce her presence beforehand. But she had been following them, after all that had aspired in the disappointingly short brawl they had.

"Hey hey," the voice of Flandre Scarlet seeps from behind.
1702910387803.png
"You still didn't answer me. What exactly are you?"

DR_EDY. DR_EDY. (Venom)

VENOM
Twilight Town
Interactions: Miso_Tofu2.0 Miso_Tofu2.0 / duskkyy duskkyy / bluefrostie2 bluefrostie2

Two friends.

One frog and one human.

Seemed like an odd pair, right? Well, it is, but "odd" was part of the appeal; how two of different species, despite their misunderstandings, could truly make one hell of pair. One hell of a pair, eh? It was truly a sight for the sorest eyes. Anne and Sprig; that was their names. It was strange, he had just met them now, these people that he'd never see until now. Yet, just the mere joy upon seeing each other again in tears...

It was truly something else.
1702914787713.png
Yes, it was truly...

Something.

"EDDIE."
". . . I KNOW."

1702915430043.png
"WE'RE. . . HAPPY FOR THEM, TOO."

One sigh said it all.

However, the silence would not last long. There was a familiar voice of which he had recognized. But it wasn't
them, no. They didn't follow them here, as much as he had wanted them to.

No, that voice... it was
hers.

Tension is plucked like a feather; light but all too sudden.
VENOM faces the little girl in red. He did not know why, but something about this child struck an instinctual feeling of uneasiness. He knew what she was capable of, which- sufficed to say, he wasn't letting her be on her bad side. And she seemed eager for answers, so... might as well do it, then.

"EVER HEARD OF OUTER SPACE, KID? BIG PLACE BEYOND THE CLOUDS. THERE'S A WHOLE WORLD OUT THERE, BIGGER THAN EARTH ITSELF."

greedling_banner.png

Ling folds his arms and grimaces at the word 'dove', purposefully avoiding the Medic's eye.

"The less I have to hear about that damn bird, the better. Homunculus or not, we still feel pain. I think I speak for all of us when I say, I don't wanna go out in a war for the multiverse by getting pecked to death."

Ling sips his drink again, then turns to Medic.

"Shinji has a point, though. Knowing you, you wouldn't let that bird outta your sight for a second without your say-so. Up to something, are we?"

Sir Skrubbins Sir Skrubbins Nokirathephantom Nokirathephantom Twice Knightly Twice Knightly

thvZE1obAkJ3hG2cpGY4FBR48_eek_aF2Ku6ubAPXF2ycsR0Vf9PvJoEbeSNHT_f8tag-tWWd9pe7NC3XP2e8C2XhXTRrdfhk0kWaJi-PbUH9jT9kf__h44qkKcsiP0KYFOpdTEQkX5HdVNgtwN2Dwo

CS

"Then surely you have had enough time to defeat Ganandorf all on your lonesome, too. Have you kept any trophies?" Reverentia met the joke in kind, albeit dryly. Her fingers continued tapping away as she considered the information. Bill was a nearly insurmountable threat, danger nearly beyond comprehension. It wasn't much to go on, but it was better than nothing. "The powerful and the arrogant don't often just overlap. They are often one in the same. If he thinks he's rid of us, and that we aren't a threat... Well, he won't see us coming. He will regret the mistake of sparing us before long."

Glancing over at Josuke, Reverentia clicked her tongue in thought. She hadn't exactly seen what the boy did -- He just looked at Mabel, and she fell over, looking like she'd been beaten to a pulp. Was he just that fast? What was the nature of his power? It was certainly something she herself had no hope of defending against or matching. "Hey, Josuke. The way you defeated Mabel -- you almost made it look easy, after we'd barely managed to scratch her the entire fight. What is the nature of your power? Could you turn it on something like Bill, given the chance?"

Reverentia raised an eyebrow at Minthara's now openly appraising look, waiting patiently for her to draw whatever conclusion she wound up reaching. "You can keep whoever's head you want, Paladin. It's a bit grisly for my home decor. All I want is the pleasure of helping you collect it." A Paladin with a Vengeful Oath, and a worshipper of the god of Vengeance. Two peas in a pod. "The knowledge that my home and its people will be safe is trophy enough. It will be nice to go back to a warm welcome, as opposed to more of those... creatures," Reverentia shook her head with disdain. It was one thing to be invaded, another to be invaded by such base monsters, if sentient, barely capable of communication or higher thought.

megar megar (Josuke) Jeremiah Jeremiah (Minthara)​

(Note: Clovis' origin comic is not for anyone under 18+ due to mature themes! Please don't read it if under 18!)

CLOVIS

Interactions: brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy (Raz)
Mentions: megar megar (Byakuya) | Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Mabel) | FoolsErin FoolsErin (Wanderer)
Around: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Stanford) | megar megar (Byakuya) | Sir Skrubbins Sir Skrubbins (Frank)

1702959109591.png

Clovis had suspected that Bill had been erring on the side of caution ever since he saw that strangely dressed teen break free from the mind control with apparent ease and attack Mabel. Byakuya's suspicion has much merit, the Keidran can admit that much. As much as he would love to rush in and capitalize on Bill's fear, though, the last two times Clovis had underestimated his opponents, it had not ended well for him- a fact that he has to face up to, as much as he hates the memories. He would not be humiliated a third time.

On a brighter note, the prince can't help but feel a twinge of admiration for the others in this group. Byakuya may just be a boy, maybe as old as the Grand Templar, Trace Legacy, was when he had gotten his position, but he showed incredible intelligence. Far more than the grumbling mutts Clovis dealt with on the daily, but then again, that wasn't a very high bar to clear. And he wasn't the only one- the halfbreed had been busy fending off the Wanderer at the time, but he did not let the capabilities of the others escape him. So much talent and power in this small group, and it was only a taste of what the whole multiverse had to offer.

He could use them. All of them. To defeat Bill, to vanquish the invading Twilight, to save everything. And the multiverse would have no choice but to bow to the one behind it all. The true test would be the coming battle to save Gravity Falls. After that, he would make his final decision.

Clovis raises a brow at Raz's little comment. He's no stranger to being in other people's minds. He is, however, a stranger to ones filled with meat and bunnies.

1702959151674.png

"You have... been dwelling in some very strange mindscapes."

He can't really judge. Someone of Raz's age even knowing what a mindscape is is impressive on its own.

dc99caa-37f06a65-4e92-4193-8890-c1f36fc1718e.png

Mood: Ashamed, Confused, Hopeful
Tags:
Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (GM and Leo)
, ,
QizPizza QizPizza (Alexis)
, (Orbeck)

--Art Credits--

Chiaki Morisawa Fanart [スタろぐ④] by ますぎ, minimally tweaked

Fire Flames Texture by arundel
Golden Floral Pattern from PNGkit,
original artist PaperElement?

Divider Set #02 by NorasFed, edited by me​

ddyn6ar-85543c1e-f0dc-4919-a2c3-247912c79048.png
...Silence. Of course, it should have been expected when the tone was taking such a sudden shift... Sage felt guilty for this too; Perhaps it would have been better to go slower...? It feels like he's putting Leo in the spot now, which- Wasn't wrong, but still! Arrrgh, why must this be so hard?? He just- He was just trying to keep him safe. From him, from Toayî, from the seeming chain of bad luck that always seemed to follow. Was that wrong...?

Was he wrong in trying not to force unwanted responsibilities on others??

The silence was choking, maddening.
All the pyromancer could do was continue to wait for a reply, still too ashamed to even look at the other teen. As such, Sage did not see Orbeck's attempt at reassurance; Which was probably good, as this is still a bar-- It was merely when Hershel had approached, that his attention had been grabbed back, suddenly flinching at the pat; Igniting the flame-aura in a come-and-go surge. He was still not used to this, and absolutely not when the young man had been so unfocused!

"Maa-?! Oh, it's just you-", Sage relaxed after seeing the cleric, actually having seemed to be ready to fight back- If it had been needed, "...One of you guys is still going to give me a heart attack--"

While the reassurance that nobody had been hurt was good, at this point it had also kind of fallen on deaf ears. Self-deprecation was still very much in effect and it would be harder to dissuade... And probably take some time to do so anyway. Instead, it was the later statement that had truly caught the Phoenix Descendant's attention: Hershel knew about the Take-Over??!

...That could only mean- Had he told him about it?? Sage couldn't remember ever going that in-depth about things... So how could he-?

"Scarring is putting it lightly- ...You seem to know a lot, so you can probably guess why that is...", A pause, hesitation, then a sigh. This was going to bother him if he didn't ask right now, "I... don't remember telling you all that though...? But- It also has to have been me- I don't think there's anyone else--"

"H-how does that even work?? Oh Gods, did we somehow break Time???! What should we-"

Someone was coming- Someone... WAIT HE KNOWS THESE READINGS...!

"ALE-", Oh she's uh- F-fluffy tail cape~~ That actually feels really nice, to the point he's tempted to hug it closer, "-xis..."

Sage didn't even get the chance to be glad to have her back, or ask what happened. Apparently she had not only been around for a while now, but also heard every single word that he had just thrown at Leo... He wanted to be embarrassed. yet once more didn't get the opening for it- As the fox-woman's next sentences were... familiar. So much so, that the young man couldn't help but begin to tear up as they went on...

Those struggles, those ideas; They mirrored his own. ...Perhaps in ways that very few ever would.

"B-but I- ...We, just met-", It felt wrong, to put such weight into someone you had just met... The same went for Leo who-

...Was joining in and agreeing to everything...? After all that???
He could no longer hold those tears at this point. They ran down silently, slowly blurring everything and everyone together...

"...Do you....... mean it...?"

"...Friends. W-we're... We're friends...? It-", Sage was forced to stop, a sob failing to get through and instead nearly choking inside his throat, "...Is it really this, easy...??"

Last edited:
1703108398766.png
Interactions: Nokirathephantom Nokirathephantom (Mewtwo)

Mentions: ...

Silver crosses out his arms as he listens to Mewtwo, his fingers occasionally tapping against his elbows. It's good to be properly meeting this time around, but, in a way, he's used to these being the situations of the first-time moment of finding a new companion. Mass haste and maybe a bit combative or competitive with the aftermath being calmer because of a change of pace.

"It's a good thing that wasn't the case then. It proves that we're more resilient than we thought." A small smile is formed by Silver before he starts to fall back into a more neutral expression. "Still, I can't really disagree. I guess I need horizon expanding, these new dimensions are full of surprises. I mean, I had no idea there would be other psychics here in the first place, especially ones with really varied moves Like you!"

In the end, it may be that the "wits" comment has glazed over his head. Either that, or he didn't take it as a calling of stupidity.

At the last comment, Silver seems to poker face for a while before the "please" is given. This one doesn't look very social just yet, it's like he's still learning. In a way, he gets it, just a bit differently. Given what he's seen, he assumes it's some progress to at least have manners, that's good! "I'm Silver, and who would you be?"

Orbeck of Vinheim1.png

orbeck-fanart-by-me-v0-dvgfi1iddqd91.jpg

As it stands, the break would be appreciated.
(formatting will be included soonish)

(Fanart by atomicjest on Reddit)
So Orbeck sipped his drink as Hershel talked about the usual of his day to day life, from his responsibilities as a Duke to his more scholarly pursuits. There was mention of some " important development" in his life. It was only then that he noticed the tiny sleeping cat on his shoulder, something about the cat has a... familiar resemblance to something in the past. But it wouldn't be long before the duke made his toward Sage. Who given his grief did not even notice Orbeck's attempt at reassurance.
"Well, maybe it will be easier to explain as I tell the kid himself... just know, multiverse issues are also related to time and possibility
So Orbeck puts a cork on his Siegbräu, yet another neat little thing about this jolly barrel mug. As much as one might be tempted to drink out their worries. But even in this mindscape this nightmare realm, where Bill's own influence is somehow limited in comparison to outside, It would be foolish. And besides, this drink here will certainly taste better once their task here is done with. maybe it might come in handy at some point. Unlikely as it is.

...That could only mean- Had he told him about it?? Sage couldn't remember ever going that in-depth about things... So how could he-?

"Scarring is putting it lightly- ...You seem to know a lot, so you can probably guess why that is...", A pause, hesitation, then a sigh. This was going to bother him if he didn't ask right now, "I... don't remember telling you all that though...? But- It also has to have been me- I don't think there's anyone else--"

"H-how does that even work?? Oh Gods, did we somehow break Time???! What should we-"
Oh, so that's the context behind Hershel's words. From the few glances he had of sage since that mess at the tent, there was at the very least something off of his demeanor, less certain of himself. But it was all just assumptions at that point. Until now at least.

Then another came over, some fox woman...Alexis, who Sage somehow recognized. More questions to save for later perhaps. Just some advice in regards to the fear of harming those close to him. There were plenty of struggles for Orbeck, but one such as this...he can't offer much advice. It was only at the end of Sage's question where he could give something.
"...Friends. W-we're... We're friends...? It-", Sage was forced to stop, a sob failing to get through and instead nearly choking inside his throat, "...Is it really this, easy...??"

"Nothing is." he said " but from my experience, camaraderie tends to come from the most unexpected of places. Including at this moment. And while I lack the full perspective in your struggles. I can say with certainty that it makes moving forward all the more manageable." Honestly, would the curse of the undead be as bad as it is if the undead where treated with such camaraderie? or would it have been a fool's idealistic dream? Even now, he can't say.

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun QizPizza QizPizza Thexcentrichilean Thexcentrichilean Twice Knightly Twice Knightly

minthara smile.jpg

With a gleeful smile you reached into a leather pouch on your hip and pulled out a pointed ear, black as twilight. You threw it on the bar. "I am an avid trophy hunter as it so happens. They serve as valuable warnings against those who would dare to cross me." you cracked a hoarse laugh. It was a point of pride, after all. "In my previous life I would flay the bodies of heretics and hoist them from the awnings of my home. Were that I could rip out Bill's arrogant tongue and treat him to such a fate, but, I am unsure he even has one. A tongue, that is." you said with a smirk, "What do you reckon we should do with him when the time comes, Mori?"

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 (Reverentia) megar megar (oi josuke)

FLANDRE SCARLET

"... Outer space?" A ear twitches, perked out of curiosity. Sure he was an odd one, but never had she assumed he was from the stars.

'Patchouli really held me back from knowing too much, huh?'

"You're not part of the Lunar people up there, are you now?" Flandre points a finger at Venom. "I mean, those people who live on the moon? Big Sis told me there were rabbits. Are you secretly a rabbit? A spy? Do you like carrots?"

It seems he got her full attention now.

DR_EDY. DR_EDY. (Venom)

It took a while, but eventually, all of your watches went off simultaneously. It was a vibrating sound and feeling, not unlike an iPhone (for those of you who even know what those are.) Regardless of those semantics, the buzzing was accompanied by a familiar voice.

"Hello! Testing, testing. One, two. One... ah, I'm sure you all can hear me," Ford's voice comes through in a mess of static. "Good news! Or-- maybe bad news, depending on how ready you are for another fight. I've figured out the best route to save my brother. He's being kept in an old shack only a few miles from here. It'll be a long trek - but if we get going now, we should be able to reach him before Bill has time to obstruct our path."

There's a pause.

"Of course, that's not to say he won't... just that it's a statistical improbability. Anywho! Meet me near the gate. Once everyone has gathered, we'll set out!"
With that, the comms are cut.

tumblr_inline_n9mo1xvb7g1s81zze.png

"Well," those of you in the bar see Jason slowly stand up from his seat, grabbing his helmet as he does so. In one motion, he slips it down onto his head. "Break was fun while it lasted. Let's get going."

As you all begin making your way out of the bar, you notice Rex staying in place. Asuka is among those who notice this, and her brow furrows as her one eye locks on his one.

b90e53e55dbe63b03322989e6b938ba2417a6296.jpg

"...are you coming or what?"

a7e093f9e7b57e7475be71eee9f5d2b9.jpg

"As much as I would love to join you lot from here... this is where we're gonna have to part ways," Rex raises his drink and downs some of its contents, before resting it back down on the bar in front of him. "For now, anyway. Way I see it, there's a whole lot of us goin' to take down Bill - and it's leavin' places like this town behind. It... just doesn't sit right with me, leavin' a place like this defenseless."

51b60da7946b2292615c17c76e493811ce897409.png

"...he's right," Asuka turns as a more familiar voice to her speaks up from behind her. Greed - distinctly not Ling - speaks with his typical casual air about him, and yet there's something else there, too. Something... almost thoughtful. "There's a whole lot of you goin' to kick Bill's ass, not to mention Ganondorf and everyone in between 'em. Someone's gotta stay behind and look out for the little guy among all that."

Asuka says nothing in response. She can't even bring herself to hold the eye contact for very long. Not that either of them matter to her all that much... but... she doesn't even know how to feel. She doesn't really even know what to say. All she can do is lower her gaze to the floor and ball up her fist. Just like that, huh? She wonders, maybe, if she's selfish for thinking this. Or if they're selfish for refusing to keep things going. She really doesn't know. She doesn't know... so she just stays quiet, and soon enough, Jason replies instead.

"Well... if that's how you two feel..." he nods. "I can't stop either of you. You have the watches. You won't know where we are... so I dunno how useful they'll be. But--"

"We know," Rex replies with a smile, as well as a little nod. "Thanks, mate." he turns to both Reimu and Marisa, smiling warmly. "You two take care of yourselves, ya hear? We'll meet back up before you know it."

Jason nods in return, before turning to face someone else. Someone else who also hasn't moved an inch - and yet all the while, her expression has remained... virtually unreadable. Jason doesn't even need to ask... and yet, he does anyway.
"I can guess you're not coming either, then?"

"No, I'm not. But it is not for the same reason as the other two," she, too, answers with a sip from her own glass. "I still plan to take Ganondorf's head myself. The rest of you can have Bill."

"Yeah, I figured as much. Well--"

45176af3e1a0116f7714b375ebe75742.jpg

"Well if anyone else wants to hop off the train early, now's y'er time,"
Micah says as he pulls himself up to his feet and looks around, pacing in a slow circle as he does so. "No one? Alright. Then let's get a move on."

He's the first to leave the bar, and before long, the rest of you have followed suit.

Before long, everyone has gathered at the gate of the town. Ford's standing near the exit, hands folded behind his back and smiling to you all.

tumblr_inline_p4i8sxhGOw1tn081i_500.png

"Right. I can assume that this is everyone, then? I... don't see as many heads here as when you all arrived," he pauses to adjust his glasses. "Well, I can only assume that everyone who stayed behind had their own reasons for doing so. It's not too much of an inconvenience, in any case."

P5_portrait_of_Ryuji_scowling.png

"Tch... big enough inconvenience, if ya ask me..." Ryuji mutters from the back. "We got our asses kicked before when there were more of us, and that triangle asshat didn't even have to try. How the hell are we supposed to take him on with even less than what we had when we got here?"

"I know that things may look bad - and that is because they are! But finding Stanley is the first step to defeating Bill. Once he's rescued, turning the tide against him will be as easy as repairing an old laptop!"

The silence that follows is damning.

"I... suppose that wasn't too apt of a comparison, but I'm sure that you all get the point! Now..."

"Yup!" Sprig exclaims from beside Anne, giving Ford a thumbs up and a little wink. "You just mean that we are definitely not gonna die!"

"Exactly! See, the talking strawberry poison dart frog has the right idea!"

Ford laughs, and then turns toward the exit with a mighty point.

"Now... onwards, friends!"

With that, he begins marching down the path, with the rest of you following close behind.
Except Sprig, who looks down at his hands with a horrified expression.

"Woah... I've been poisonous this whole TIME!?"

Cast List
isupposeimphi isupposeimphi as Marisa Kirisame (Touhou Project) and Blake Belladonna (RWBY)
brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy as Jin Ming (Spiderverse OC) and Razputin Aquato (Psychonauts)
FoolsErin FoolsErin as Hobie Brown (Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse) and The Wanderer (Genshin Impact)
CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow as Illumina (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon OC) and Clovis (Twokinds)
Twice Knightly Twice Knightly as Asuka Langley Soryu (Neon Genesis Evangelion) and Jason Todd (DC Comics)
Jeremiah Jeremiah as Nightwarden Minthara (Baldur's Gate)
Sir Skrubbins Sir Skrubbins as The Medic (Team Fortress 2) Frank West (Dead Rising)
Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun as Sage Kaelber (OC)
megar megar as Josuke Higashikata (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) and Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)
@TheElenaFisher as Ciri (The Witcher 3) and Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)
Thexcentrichilean Thexcentrichilean as Hershel Avad (OC)
@darkred as Aloy (Horizon: Zero Dawn) and Marius Titus (Ryse: Son of Rome)
QizPizza QizPizza as Alexis Tenshi and Gyst Lazarus Huang (OC)
allegedlydave allegedlydave as Greed (Fullmetal Alchemist) and Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles)
@jigglesworth as Captain John Price (Call of Duty)
bluefrostie2 bluefrostie2 as Silver the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog) and Sprig Plantar (Amphibia)
BoltBeam BoltBeam as Black Rock Shooter (Black Rock Shooter)
@Sayo-Nara as Dib (Invader Zim) and Lana (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon OC)
BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 as Reverentia Mortir (OC)
@FactionGuerrilla as Arthur Morgan (Red Dead Redemption II) and Kassandra (Assassin's Creed: Odyssey)
@StaidFoal as Corvo Attano (Dishonored) and Trixie (My Little Pony)
duskkyy duskkyy as Anne Boonchuy (Amphibia)
Miso_Tofu2.0 Miso_Tofu2.0 as Omni-Man (Invincible) and Flandre Scarlet (Touhou Project)
DR_EDY. DR_EDY. as Venom (Marvel Comics) and Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
Nokirathephantom Nokirathephantom as Shinji Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion) and Mewtwo (Pokemon)
Laix_Lake Laix_Lake as Orbeck (Dark Souls III)
@alley-cat-boogie as Ryuji Sakamoto (Persona 5)
@FantasticCloakedFace as Reed Richards (Marvel Comics)

Last edited:
Marisa.png

Marisa stood up a second or so after her watch went off. "Yo! Reimu, Rex! 's time to go, I think!" She called out to her two choice companions, putting her black witches hat back on with a grin.

But Rex, he didn't stand.
"Oi, what's keepin' ya?" She asked Rex before he could respond. When he did though, Marisa's smile changed; an expression of sadness taking the magician over as he spoke.

"...Y'better take care then, yeah?" It wasn't exactly an unfamiliar line of reason; there was reason, that it was only her, Reimu, and Flandre from Gensokyo after all. She couldn't fault him, and that was the worst part.

Marisa didn't exactly enjoy farewells. It didn't matter, that she comparatively didn't know Rex that well; she could confidently say that he was a good man, though. An honest one...

Shit, goodbyes weren't easy. Even when you didn't know 'em that well.

"...I'll be seein' ya, Rex!" She put on the best smile she could, giving Rex an upbeat wave as she exited the bar itself with her broom under her arm.

Marisa followed the now-smaller group as they walked, sitting sidesaddle on her broom as she waited for the metaphorical marching orders. "Sure ain't making it sound easy..." Marisa grumbled "Should'a gone for a simpler explanation, like makin' fireworks!" Marisa seems totally convinced that that is easier then fixing an old laptop; notably because she's never even seen a laptop in person.

Blake.png
With time, the concussed Blake had for the most part managed a complete recovery. Her Aura still wasn't quite at full, and she still felt a little more lightheaded then she liked, but she was well enough to fight and to think oncemore.

Unfortunately, there was very little Blake had to say or react to as the group began to move; instinct from her time as a reserve made her remarkably efficient.

2560px-Black_Rock_Shooter_logo.svg.png

378-3784488_brs-main-black-rock-shooter-png.png

As much as she would have enjoyed staying near the heat radiating off of the welcoming fireplace, it seems like the time she had to enjoy it had just ran out. She goes on alert the moment she hears the beeping from the watch on her wrist - and before it disturbs the elder's peace and quiet in his humble abode, she swiftly and quietly leaves so the voice of Ford would not disturb him any more than she already might have done herself.

Duty had called, and it was time to get back to work.

"Good news! Or-- maybe bad news, depending on how ready you are for another fight. I've figured out the best route to save my brother. He's being kept in an old shack only a few miles from here. It'll be a long trek - but if we get going now, we should be able to reach him before Bill has time to obstruct our path."

Ford quickly picked back up where he left off after his noticeable pause.

"Of course, that's not to say he won't... just that it's a statistical improbability. Anywho! Meet me near the gate. Once everyone has gathered, we'll set out!"

The communication was cut off after he finished his message, leaving her and the rest of the group with their own thoughts. She didn't have a full grasp on the situation, but all she could immediately infer is that Ford and his brother that he mentions have fought Bill before - that would explain why he was already here, as evidence of their prior encounter. The mention of an old shack being the intended destination set off some mild alarms in her head - but she quickly dismisses the concerns she may have, understanding what must be done.

"If that's how it has to be, then..."

She takes a deep breath in before exhaling heavily and shaking her head, before she calmly marches away from the house she had formerly enjoyed her brief rest stop in. Fortunately, that rest stop in question had allow the damage and injuries she had sustained from the beatdown prior to being warped into this bizarre realm to fully heal, meaning she is back at peak performance - which will almost certainly come in handy with the very high odds of a confrontation at some point down the intended route.

It doesn't take her very long to assemble alongside the rest of the group, or at least the ones in the group who chose not to stay here. She did notice that the group was a bit smaller now - which while she understood their desires to stay behind to protect the locals in this weird dimension, one less pair of hands could make all the difference going forward. She doesn't say anything else for the time being, staying near the back of the group as they all trudged onwards as a collective unit.

What could possibly go wrong?
Hex Code: #487ea8
Font: Tahoma
Status (physically): Fine (healed)
Status (mentally/emotionally): Fine
Items: Rock Cannon (inactive), Black Blade (inactive), Watch (activated earlier, on right wrist)
Skills/Abilities: Superhuman strength, speed, and durability
Course of action: Following the group
Interactions: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (GM)
Mentions: N/A
Nearby/In Group: Pretty much everyone

I5nZz18.png

The duke could finally sigh in relief somewhat... his son, in the past, had always been a handful when it came to self esteem. Sure, even nowadays, the version he knows best still struggles with self-esteem and when powers go out of control... but he is also far more receptive to comfort due to having a more storied history of such events...

But well... As the older man considered such things, he still flashed a warm and loving smile to sage.No matter what, he was still his son. An unbreakable bond of familial bond, one made by choice.

Sadly, such happy thoughts would be interrupted by the announcement from Ford, their time running out as they must move onto their next objective. And that was not the last interruption, for just as the holy man had started to move and plan his course of action, an ungodly mix of sharp and dull pains ran all through his still partially charcoal arm, almost dropping his own daughter from his shoulder before stabilizing both his posture and expression.

"...I have to solve this arm issue before anything else" The man muttered grimly to himself, and grabbed the odd kitten off his shoulder through his healthy arm, which inevitably woke the siamese cat up

"...?" the child's feline eyes lazily opened as she was picked up, and placed on top of sage's legs. She didn't seem to complain, just slowly waking up in confusion at the movement and handling... up until her eyes fell onto Sage. Almost unconsciously, the siamese kitten got comfortable once again in her posture, loafing like a true cat as she purred on top of sage's lap

She sure seemed familiar with the young man, and unnaturally comfortable. And as such, Sage found himself with cat-form Irin loafing and observing their surroundings, watching as other customers left the area towards the mission, curious, but unwilling to move.

And as his daughter settled down, the holy man nodded to himself and spoke to Sage

"So, I am going to apply some... rough, emergency treatment for myself. Take care of Irin for me, Sey. And take her to the mission area when you are ready. I'll be there to keep an eye on you two shortly" The older man smiled with confidence at his children and turned around to leave, seemingly moving to the establishment's bathroom before waving Orbeck over

"And uh, Orbeck? Care to help me out? I might need help with... 'disposing of waste' after I am done. I'll make it up to you with a drink later the man sounded somewhat apologetical at the matter, but his specialty did not lie in destroying things, but curing and fixing them... for better or worse

"Well, I'll get started as soon as possible either way, we are on call for a mission" With a somewhat grim expression, the duke pulled out a fine knife out of his bag alongside a couple clean rags, and walked away.

A curious cat

The odd hybrid girl simply watched in a catloaf, as her dad left the area... yet, she didn't follow, as she usually would. Her big brother was there, and she had seen dad's grim expression before, and she was always told it would be something painful for her father, but that had to be done...

And as such, she just sat, patiently, her feline eyes scanning the surroundings and people leaving casually and curiously from the safety of a familiar lap... at least she did at the start. Soon enough, her eyes had fixated on someone seemingly random... that winged (if those crystals could be called wings? Maybe, miss Ruby said some creatures have weird wings) girl... she smelled, familiar. Could almost be said that she 'stunk to the point the gods flinched'? She couldn't remember what expression one of dad's councelors used... regardless.

The girl smelled, yet Irin knew, she knew in her little head, she had never ever seen that blonde small girl. No name came up, no memory... yet as she was bound to leave, just as everyone else was doing, something stirred within the cat-girl.

Curiosity. Raw, unfettered curiosity. After a couple seconds of watching, the kitten suddenly hopped off sage's lap, turning back into a small girl in a cute tiel dress before she landed (yet still boasting feline ears and a tail), and running towards the odd-smelling girl with crystal wings. Yet, she stopped just short of contact.

Irin shyly eyed her 'target' yet as curiosity burned even stronger, the timid girl slowly inched her hand towards the stranger and... tugged, ever so gently, at the hem of her red dress
With a scared yet weirdly determined look on her eyes, the girl, Irin, spoke up.

"...you smell, familiar?" The half-yokai girl managed to utter towards the yokai, yet it should be barely audible, only to her.

(Interactions: Flandre Miso_Tofu2.0 Miso_Tofu2.0 , Sage Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun , Alexis & her child QizPizza QizPizza , Leo Twice Knightly Twice Knightly

"Improvised medicine"

While such events occurred, the man known as Hershel didn't remain idle. His injured arm was placed right under running water for a couple dozen seconds, making sure every bit of it was as clean as he could without direct contact... The man grimaced and flinched here and there, but such was to be expected when most of your arm had stopped being living flesh, and the frayed nerves undearneath were still fresh and raw, having been healed in an incomplete manner for the sake of mobility.

As hershel took his arm out from the sink, he grimaced, yet knowing what was coming next, could only sigh in resignation. Wetting one of the rags he got out, the duke cleaned any bits the faucet missed with fresh water, and started roughtly bitting onto the second rag he brought out... things were about to get messy, very messy.

His healthy arm took out the fine, extremely sharp knife from earlier, its somewhat ornate handle feeling almost mocking for how rough the proceeding the duke was about to execute was.

After observing with cold eyes for a moment, the man swiftly got to work as his mollars dug into the cloth in his mouth. Where healthy flesh met char, between his shoulder and bicep, the first few stabs were made. The knife glided through flesh without much resistance, never cutting more than needed from the healthy body of the Cleric, instead always stopping at the critical junctions of his skin and muscle. The man's eyes narrowed, his face showed dropplets of cold sweat as the cloth within his mouth was being absolutely damaged and teared by the holy man's teeth.

Yet, his hand remained steady, as sound of smooth slicing rang out within the bathroom, only interrupted by the ocassional grunts from the older man and the sounds of running water from a faucet being caught by something before it hit the bottom of the sink

This would take a while...

(Interactions: Orbeck Laix_Lake Laix_Lake )

dc99caa-37f06a65-4e92-4193-8890-c1f36fc1718e.png

Mood: Calm, Conflicted, Distracted
Tags: (GM and Leo), (Hershel), (Alexis), (Orbeck), (Flandre)

--Art Credits--

Chiaki Morisawa Fanart [スタろぐ④] by ますぎ, minimally tweaked

Fire Flames Texture by arundel
Golden Floral Pattern from PNGkit,
original artist PaperElement?

Divider Set #02 by NorasFed, edited by me​

ddyn6ar-85543c1e-f0dc-4919-a2c3-247912c79048.png
Softly closing his eyes for a moment, the pyromancer took Orbeck's words to heart. Tears roll down his cheeks, denied space to simply linger; 'More manageable', huh? It was true that this was already how Sage thought of Hershel, who had taken him kind of under his metaphorical wing to allow him to process, to really settle and think about things. Topics, ideas, situations: everything that was once mundane - But in reality they were a lot more complicated than that, weren't they?

He just didn't want to think of them previously-
What was the point? And yet it changed and kept changing...

"Just how much more 'manageable' could it really get??"

"I see...", He wanted to believe. It was hard to, this injured core of his found it hard to accept even now; Anticipating some mirage of the end that might never come. Still, he smiled. He had worried them enough... "Thank you...", Maybe it would be fine. Maybe t-

Sage doesn't get the chance to finish that thought, muffled and drowned by the ring on his watch, Ah, they have to move already?? Not that, it was unwelcome but- There was still so much he wanted to say and ask and- Hershel was handing him the cat now. He barely could express his confusion, after all it had been rather sudden! But once his eyes had finally fallen on the cleric's charred, mangled arm... Only concern had been left behind:

"Ah, wai--", Too late, there went Hershel to Gods known where to do-- Actually, he didn't want to know...!

...But the image had been burned into his mind, where it would linger for a while longer...

"..........I guess, I have a cat now?", Sage had commented, looking at Leo. What a pathetic attempt to ease the mood that was.

Not that it would matter for much longer! Because as if sensing his stupid attempt at a quip, the aforementioned 'cat' had suddenly gotten up and run off in a random direction!! Come on, his jokes are not that bad, are they?!!

"Ah-!!", Wait what was her name again...? It has to be in here somewhe- "IRIN! Irin wait, where are you going???!"

And so, this was his life now, running after a cat, who was now a person and was also Hershel's daughter and- IS NOW BOTHERING A RANDOM PERSON!!!! ...Man, he sucks at this. Not even a minute later and he had already nearly lost sight of her. Perhaps Hershel had picked the wrong person to play babysitter...wait, NO! Without as much as a thought, Sage had grabbed the half-Nekomata from the sides and pulled her back, away from Flandre, instead stepping on the front himself.

"Sorry about my cat! ...Person- I don't know what she was thinking, maybe she was interested in...", he raised his gaze to properly face the stranger and- "...your crystal.........wings..."

Unnoticeable to most, the Descendant's shoulders twitch. He can't really look away now, so mesmerized and confused by the sight... But also so, elated??? As if a whisper on the wind that no one else could hear, it called to him; The Skies themselves. Aah, flyiing... He really really wanted to do that now, that little ride earlier hadn't been enough. Holding his breath, he stole a peek towards it, but no- Focus! He'd get the chance to fly later!!
Ah-ahh but he really wanted to--!

...Wait, where had Alexis and Leo gone? Had they followed behind him? Sage would rather if they stayed together if possible!

Last edited:
Orbeck of Vinheim1.png

orbeck-fanart-by-me-v0-dvgfi1iddqd91.jpg

(Fanart by atomicjest on Reddit)
It was those words regarding camaraderie that where heard by Sage, taking them in and pondering their meaning. despite what he said about lacking the full perspective on sages struggles, he knew of its existence. It may as well be a curse from the outside looking in. Shure the curse of undeath orbeck bears y leads to a lost of self. But to sage, it may as well be no different to the Kindleing of first flame. Why else would the lords of cinder distaste the idea of relighting the flame otherwise? Now imagine that, but with a personification more fitting for a welp. not seeking some lofty goal, but just a primal desire to burn.

Before anything more could be said, the buzz of watches brough everyone's attention. With Ford announcing that they were to rescue his brother in some distance shack a few miles from here. There was still something left to deal with.

"And uh, Orbeck? Care to help me out? I might need help with... 'disposing of waste' after I am done. I'll make it up to you with a drink later the man sounded somewhat apologetical at the matter, but his specialty did not lie in destroying things, but curing and fixing them... for better or worse
Whatever form of regeneration he used, it was unable to restore the charred chunks remaining. Orbeck simplify nodded in response as they both head to the bathroom. leaving sage and Irin to head outside.

After observing with cold eyes for a moment, the man swiftly got to work as his mollars dug into the cloth in his mouth. Where healthy flesh met char, between his shoulder and bicep, the first few stabs were made. The knife glided through flesh without much resistance, never cutting more than needed from the healthy body of the Cleric, instead always stopping at the critical junctions of his skin and muscle. The man's eyes narrowed, his face showed dropplets of cold sweat as the cloth within his mouth was being absolutely damaged and teared by the holy man's teeth.

Yet, his hand remained steady, as sound of smooth slicing rang out within the bathroom, only interrupted by the ocassional grunts from the older man and the sounds of running water from a faucet being caught by something before it hit the bottom of the sink

This would take a while...

There wouldn't be much for orbeck to do at that point. Hershel, despite the clear agony on his face, is clearly more well practiced then he in this more bloody work. Orbeck has a spare rag hanging beside him, otherwise he stood to the side. It was only after a few moments, that he speaks.

"So in regards to sage...you assume he from an earlier moment in time?"

Hershel mentions of such things, and sage's surprise in the former's knowledge on Toayî is what lead to this. It simply wouldn't be the first or the last time that it happened. Even now at this point in time. Orbeck can count at least two people who fit this particular circumstance.

Thexcentrichilean Thexcentrichilean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back