• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
"I mustn't run away, I mustn't run away, I mustn't run away...!"
Shinji.png

Despite Shinji's newfound burst of composure and confidence, and his dedication to prove at least some type of use to the group at large, he couldn't exactly fare as well as those with superpowers could in the scuffle. The most he could do was try and fan out the flames that were generated by that crazy boy with the brown hair, but the cardboard cutout of that girl could only do so much before getting caught on the flames itself, forcing Shinji to drop it. This was absolutely insane! Everyone was fighting with each other, the audience was actively fighting against the kid trying to keep the fire away on stage instead of evacuating the tent, and-- Oh crap, Asuka was still knocked out!

Shinji gasped before turning back towatds Asuka's unconscious body, shaking her rapidly in an attempt to get her to snap back awake. "Asuka, wake up already! We've got to get out of here! Despite his efforts, she was still out like a light, the punch from earlier doing more than a number on her. She was definitely strong, and she knew how to throw a punch, but that Greed guy was more of a superhuman than either of them would be.

The longer Shinji waited for Asuka to wake up from her knocked-out state, the more that the tent seemed to get ready to collapse around them, further and further showing that they were running out of time to rely on chance. Maybe it was the adrenaline from the fear coursing through his entire system, or maybe it was him being reckless, but regardless, Shinji knew that he couldn't just leave Asuka here to burn.

The boy crouched down behind the girl, wrapping his arms under hers and lifting her unconscious body up with his leg strength. Naturally, he wasn't used to carrying people around, so there was a slight bit of strain to him doing so, but he wasn't about to let that stop him from dragging himself and Asuka back outside of the tent. He seemed to stumble as he tried to walk backwards and weave past the debris laying from the mayhem and the attacks being flung out towards other people, step by step making it further and further towards the sunlight peering out of the entrance.

"C-C'mon...! It's right...gh- There..!"

Interacting with: Twice Knightly (Asuka Langley Soryu/GM)
Mentioning: Twice Knightly (Mabel Gleeful), Necessity4Fun (Sage Kaelber|Toayî), allegedlydave (Ling Yao|Greed)

As Ryuji charges towards his twin, Dipper sighs, then making a quick move.

With a wave of his hand, Skull's position is moved a few feet to the right, likely causing him to miss Mabel entirely - unless the Phantom Thief had something up his sleeve.

If not, though... well, let's hope he doesn't mind hitting the floor.​

Orbeck of Vinheim1.png
orbeck-fanart-by-me-v0-dvgfi1iddqd91.jpg

"Heed my words, Unkindled One. Fear the..."

We all get it you senile old pyromancer!

(Fanart by atomicjest on Reddit)
An instant is all it takes and everything is exploding again. It's clear that this is Its last resort, destroy as much as possible, heat up as much as possible. Objects burst into true fiery blazes, more and more of the floor grows unsafe to be on... Toayî Itself is clearly furious, coating itself with tall powerful blue flames that burn against the vessel, flesh and all.

If It couldn't have it, then It might as well leave NOTHING else left...! Only someone with a suicidal wish would still cross through this much to get to a single mistake of an existence!

Fire, fire and more fire. Any more and he would have thought he was in the Kiln of the First Flame. Or perhaps the surface of the Seath dammed SUN would be more likely as the need or for our sorccerer to doge the increasingly hospitable flames, becomes apparent immediately. Orbeck frantically makes some distance from the childish...no, INFANTILE whelp that is the entity of flames. throwing a few more of both coins. Hershel mad dash toward the entity only indicates some sort of plan. So the most he can do is buy some time and keep playing his role. Even the wrath of Flandre's damacu nonsense can not keep him from this.

"...Of course they do, and so does your pathetically little lives... Just who do you even think you're talking to, a kindergartener??"

"No, Just an infantile little welp!"

His sorceries can only do so much against Toayî, except for maybe a few. Like the one he is casting right now.

CRYSTAL SOUL SPEAR

Crystal Soul Spear.png

Further sharpens Soul Spear via crystallization.
Fires a piercing crystal soul spear.
According to the Crystal Sages, old Big Hat achieved enlightment within the Regal Archives,

where he came to find the quintessence of sorcery in the facets of a certain crystal.
So as Toayî continues to rage. He will find himself struck with the most powerful single sorcery in Orbeck's arsenal. A Crystusle soul spear that will penetrate through him with an immense amount of magical damage. It will pierce through him like a wave of sorts, and strike whoever is unlucky enough to be in the path of this projectile. might be some of his allies or maybe even the Twins? who knows? But offcore, doing all of this, at once will not keep him from getting burnt throughout, more so during casting where his whole body started to be doted with burns on his clothing and himself. Whatever Hershel is planing needs to be done with haste.

Thexcentrichilean Thexcentrichilean Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Miso_Tofu2.0 Miso_Tofu2.0 FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla

Last edited:
Frank West
Interactions: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Mabel) StaidFoal StaidFoal (Trixie)

Frank's Font = Tahoma
frankfight.png
He knew it...!

It wasn't for long, but there was something there. The twins were still in there, somewhere. He'd become good at reading people over the course of his storied career, and Mabel's faltering smile told him all he needed to know.

Frank's eyebrows pulled together, the crease deep and evident. He knew all too well what this was like. He knew he wouldn't be the last one to fall under Bill's control - and although they might have failed the first time, determination raged within him. No matter what, he'd fix things - and he'd break those twins free from his vile, malignant influence.

All he'd need to do is find Stanford... and...

...and stop them from putting out that flame.

"Agh... not again...!"

A chorus rang in Frank's ears, smothering resistance and replacing it with purpose. He knew what was happening, and tried anything to fight back - bringing himself to the floor in his efforts. Each movement made his vision blur, but he staggered on. Once more, Frank was no longer his own person - firmly beneath the thumb of yet another malevolent force. One that ordered him to kill.

And then came his first target.

He remembered this one - it was literally a unicorn. Frank tried everything to scream at her to get away from him, but nothing came out. Her electrical attack had all the effect of rubbing her hoofs on the carpet and stinging him with the static, but the brief tingling of pain was more than enough for his enforced aggression to swallow the rest of his resistance. There was nothing left - only keeping that flame lit, and beating her to a pulp.

"Oh, that enthusiasm is coming in loud and clear through my viewfinder!" Frank exclaimed. "Smile for the camera, princess. You're gonna make for a hell of a scoop!"

Frank ran after her like a mad hound on a scent.

servbothead.png

Producing a Servbot Mask, he pounced at Trixie with a knee aimed at her face. If allowed to make its mark, he would strike with an incredible amount of force - surprising for an average-looking man such as himself - before throwing the mask directly at her head, aiming to fit her head inside. If he managed to pull it off, Trixie would find her vision completely obscured, unable to see a thing, before Frank aimed to grab her by the hind legs and spin her around the tent - smashing her into the floor and into chairs that would completly blow apart from the force of impact - before letting her go, sending her flying.

"BOOYAH!"

Frank wouldn't let up yet. Continuing on, he ran after her like the man possessed that he was, aiming to grab her by the scruff of the neck and slam her face into the ground once he reached her.​

Last edited:
mori crop.png
CS

Veronica's nearly-invisible smile didn't escape Reverentia. Fortunately, her mask hid the inappropriately-timed smirk that briefly crossed her face, seeing as now was not the time to flirt.

The fire didn't wane. It didn't stutter. It barely even moved. Maybe she slowed it down a little, but she wasn't making any real progress. All the while, it crept closer and closer to letting go the lunatic shackled in place that was going to kill them all in a matter of minutes at most. Veronica, off to her right, was trying an empathetic approach with Will, something that made her eyes narrow. While the vigilante tried to be compassionate towards the innocent, she doubted the apparent source of their woes in this reality was truly blameless, even if he was presently held captive. Of course, he could have both been very important to their mission and done so unwillingly. That doubt steadily climbed in her psyche, lessening her harsher view of the creature somewhat. A more rational, less emotionally-driven argument was perhaps that he might be the only person around who could actually stop the twins.

As the fire continued to climb, Reverentia resigned herself to the reality of the situation. She was all-too accustomed to desperate measures and last-minute improvisation, not being much a planner herself. She was always more the muscle of the Wild Hunt, anyway. Might as well just accept the longshot and go for it. Better to try and fail, right? Turning her attention to Will, Reverentia approached Veronica's side, giving up on the fire for now. "If they've captured you, help us. Tell us how to get you out. What you do with them after that isn't really our concern -- saving myriad realities, including this one is."

megar megar Twice Knightly Twice Knightly

ILLUMINA
Interactions: Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara (Lana)

I get struck with the first punch, which packs enough force to push me back a little.

"Wow. You are strong. Ow-" I rub my cheek. "If you think the only way I can stop this is by knocking you out, you don't know the first thing about me!"

With a chuckle, I dash at her, sending out my scarf to wrap around her ankle and yanking as hard as I can. If she trips and falls, my Psychic would quickly catch her before she hits the ground!​

• —--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aloy saw her other friend, Corvo fighting as well through the thick of things. But then she noticed the flames moving toward Kassandra and did a running leap, the arrow intended to hit her old friend, but she was able to force it to hit the flames instead.

Aloy tried to keep up the possessed facade as Kassandra was able to block it quickly herself.

How long would Mabel be able to force her to “dance” this little facade out?

“I’m sorry, I can’t stand down… not even for you, Kassandra.”

Was Aloy trying to refuse her orders against Mabel?

If she could get a good target on the puppetmaster, if only…

“No…”

“I cannot. Fail..”

“I won’t FAIL!”

Aloy was trying her best and her Focus was still aiming at Kassandra’s own spots in her suit.

Kassandra, old friend

>Aim toward Kassandra
    >Aim toward a target heading toward Corvo and Kassandra and “help” them instead
    >Miss on purpose

Aloy finally knew what she needed to do, after a series of long spear vs arrow battles, she intentionally missed just to make a mockery of the puppetmaster on purpose.

“Kass…I’m sure of it, we won’t fall.. I make sure of it.”

Aloy was expecting the blow-back but before she could quickly make a roll attack from Kass, her shield bash hit her and soon she was out like a light. She quickly moved her head and her eyes closed.

Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (GM) FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla (Kassandra) StaidFoal StaidFoal (Corvo)

dgjyu7d-08f38c68-2737-41f2-a00a-b7b263decc3d.gif

Take-Over: Toayî, the Entity of Fire
Tags: (GM and Leo),
(Hershel), (Orbeck)

-Art Credits--
Chiaki Morisawa Fanart [スタろぐ④] by ますぎ, heavily edited by me

Fire Flames Texture by arundel
Dark Vintage Pattern from WallpaperBetter

Divider Set #02 by NorasFed, edited by me​

ddyn6ar-85543c1e-f0dc-4919-a2c3-247912c79048.png
Someone is actually coming, It knows that much. The flames all around the tent are almost like a radar of sorts; The way they move, are temporarily smothered, it can help predict trajectories when they’ve barely even began. But before It can even process that, in the struggling state Toayî is in, a second occurance requires the attention.

A projectile. The enchantment is long, It would have the advantage if not currently fighting to as much as fold a finger- But perhaps there’s still time to disrupt it.

The Entity screams. It’s really just theatrics again -- kiai, somewhere in Sage’s memory names it; It may not be able to feel the pain, but the effort is very real, forcing the body against the ground, putting all that tension into raising a wall. It would be solid, and yet doing that much would demand a lot currently… But the flames are still somewhat thick enough, would they manage to slow it down?

And it was at this time that the duke had taken advantage of the battle situation. Trailing behind the crystalline projectile, he watched as the wall of fire went up, wearing the power of the soul spear down as it attempted to track its target, and whiffed behind Toayî as a result of throwing themselves on the ground. A couple instants later the sound of impact is heard, creating a crater on the dirt.

From how the projectile behaved, the duke made an educated guess and took his next action. What was left of his scorched shirt was unwrapped, stretched and the man waited for his moment some distance away…

His eyes narrowed, his breath went quiet after one last inhale, and dust trailed behind his figure as it rushed straight towards the thick wall of fire. Without missing a beat, the man jumped a purposeful arc that would peak at the hazardous flames… and mid-air, the man pushed what was left of his fire-resistant clothing forward, adjusting his position to be fully draped by it as he passed through.

And as he did so, Hershel would still feel the suffocating heat, and the right arm responsible for the complex motions would get a variety of injuries. But it mattered little, as his left, which had retracted towards his body during the jump, extended, letting the man roll off behind Toayî’s collapsed figure, and throwing the now on-fire shirt away.

This is it. There wasn’t much else do be done, not when these borrowed legs still refused to budge at all. A hand barely has the chance to go up, trying to aim but- It’s gone, the target has moved faster than It can. They are behind, completely out of the field of view. Even so, at Its final moments in the objective, mundane plane, Toayî opted for wearing a proud smile.

After all… Hadn’t it been fun?!

The duke had quickly regained his balance, and getting back on his feet, he swiftly untied the pendant on his left by using his right hand, and palmed it into Toayî’s back… activating it with his charred fingertip as he retreated back, sitting down on the burnt dirt around them as the magical device finally activated. “Begone, you are still too inexperienced” was the last thing the Entity of Fire would hear as the effects became active.

And as it did so, the Entity’s grasp over the body would suffer its biggest challenge yet: The body itself was being put to sleep, and the flames, starting from the wall, were being swallowed visibly by the center gem from the pendant, as the suffocating hot air got jarringly cooler by the second

Hershel could only sit and watch the process, heaving breaths of both relief and exhaustion, occasionally interrupted by pained silence, caused by the still-charred left arm.

Putting the body to sleep temporarily breaks the connection between Concept and Descendant, as all input of Magic is effectively zero. Hershel might be able to catch the moment that blue eyes fade into a soft cappuccino color, right before Sage slumps on the ground fully, one last time. The gem is allowed to do whatever as neither of the two are in control of the flames at this point.

It was all over, until next time…

And for the time being, the duke carefully moved, sitting besides the asleep body of his son, and once again placed a gentle left palm on their back, making his healing powers travel through both his injuries, and that of his child’s… all while remaining vigilant, no matter how exhausted or in pain Hershel was.

Last edited:
Lana

Lana stepped back for a moment as her first hit landed. She was getting ready to charge at him again, but his scarf shot towards her quickly wrapping around her ankle. The scarf mixed with her awkward running position caused her to trip. Right before she face planted into the ground, something stopped her fall. Most likely those psychic abilities of his… Once she realized she wasn’t hitting the ground, she turned her head around seeing the scarf still wrapped around her ankle. Her focus was turned to that as she frantically reached over trying to undo it.

CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow

ILLUMINA

Heh, fell right into the trap! The scarf undoes itself and shoots towards Lana's arms, in an attempt to wrap itself around her wrists and tying itself tight! If that works, she definitely won't be able to use her paws for anything anytime soon. If that's what happens, then I'd jump onto her shoulder, all the while snickering at her.

"Having trouble there?"​

Lana

As she reached for the scarf, she was startled by its sudden movement towards her arms. Before she could react, it had already tied her wrists together with a surprising amount of strength. She growled a bit in frustration, but deep down she was pretty grateful. She just stared at Lumi as he hopped up onto her shoulder.

“You’re lucky these legs weren’t made for kicking, otherwise you’d still have a problem on your hand….”

ILLUMINA

The tip of the scarf lashes out towards me. I grab it in my paw and pull it towards my cheek, tightening the scarf's grip around her wrists to make it even harder to move her arms... without getting to the point of causing pain, of course.

"Oh, yeah, I would," I giggle. "Too bad I'm smart enough to go for the paws, huh?"

I spin, wrapping the very tip of the scarf around my neck to keep it taut. Then, I casually sit down on her shoulder, my hind legs dangling in the air- just like a bipedal Pokemon would sit!

"You're a pretty good fighter, honestly." I rub my cheek where she'd hit me. It definitely aches... if I had a mirror at this point, I'd be able to see a bruise already forming there. "Once we free you from the Twins' mind control, I'm going to have a blast working alongside you, Lana. Just try to avoid stealing from random people and glowy boxes, okay?" I nudge her with my front paw.​

VENOM
Interactions:
Miso_Tofu2.0 Miso_Tofu2.0 , Sir Skrubbins Sir Skrubbins

"Trouble" was lightly putting it. From the spiraling madness, VENOM saw everything in flashing lights. Just looking at the girl's wings felt like a hypnotic trance. Get it together, EDDIE. The last thing he'll want is that girl adding a body count to her name. Not that he knew, but it was better than not assuming the worst from improbable.

In a sudden ting of a syringe, the Lethal Protector's vow grows stronger. Rising up to his feet, he yearns to do his duty; taming this child before she comes too loose of a problem. In one oozing display, something emerges from his back.

THE TAKEOFF!!

1702272078027.png

Lana

She tried for a little bit to loosen the scarf to free her paws, but yeah... that thing wasn't budging. What is this stuff made out of anyway?? She looked up at Lumi seeing the bruise begin to form on his cheek. She did that?? Her strength even surprised her. He wouldn't get any sorry from her though. At least not yet since she still wasn't fully in control. A small smile did seem to creep onto her face though from the compliment and the idea of working together once this all blows over. She turned her head away trying not to let it show.

"Yeah, well... I'm not going to make any promises about that last part..."

he cropped.pngimage3.png
Wanderer VS. Clovis
Ft. Byakuya Togami

Cowritten by: FoolsErin FoolsErin , CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow , and megar megar
(Note: Clovis' origin comic is not for anyone under 18+ due to mature themes! Please don't read it if under 18!)
(Due to time constraints, this isn't a full fight. Apologies for the wait, and for the shorter post.)

Clovis heart was pounding with anticipation. So close. He was so close to wiping those smug grins off the Twins’ faces. His form began to flicker as his teleportation magic started to take effect…

Before the sight of two blades headed right for him caught his eye.

He turned just in time, throwing out his hand to create a magical barrier that stopped the blades just before they hit. He barely had a moment to breathe before he, that snob of a child he’d seen before, tackled him. The magical barrier held, albeit barely, as Clovis was forced back by the impact. “Urgh-!

The Keidran affixed his new foe with an enraged, crazed stare. It was no surprise the Twins would send someone to stop him, who certainly posed the biggest threat to their game, but it angered him no less. This was an obstacle in the way of getting what he truly wanted.

Weak-minded fool…” he growled as his fingers started to cackle with electricity once again. The halfbreed forced himself to remain calm- the team would not be pleased to see him attack one of their allies so freely, and he still needed them if he wanted access to the greater multiverse. “I’m on your side!

All who dare think of harming Mabel cannot dream of being on my side. You are the true weak-minded fool for believing you are anything but my enemy.Wanderer hissed. Words like that still tasted sour in his mouth. Yet he had no time to think of why. He wished he could strangle this diminished version of himself. No time for anything but putting this idiot in his place.

He floated backwards from the almost broken barrier. How cowardly, to hide from attack that way. Well, if Clovis wanted to defend himself, he would need to be more careful. Perhaps it was himself who really needed to be more careful, acting so recklessly. Wanderer reached out his hand and slowly closed it. An orb of Anemo formed behind Clovis. The breeze gently howled around it. As he raised his fist upwards, it unraveled. It began to blast up and around in a scattering of Anemo. That smaller orb had become a larger attack of Anemo. And the wind moved to hit Clovis with an upwards strike.

All the while his eyes stared. Cold eyes. Colder than before. Watching and waiting for a response. Ready to strike. He had been given a task. Been given a purpose. Given a new meaning to follow her orders. There was no chance he’d allow himself to disappoint her. Wanderer hoped he had every chance to do so.

Wanderer would fight on in her name.

Byakuya simply dusts himself off as he watches. He doesn't seem at all fazed by that brief hold. For a moment his hand seems to draw inside his suit's jacket as though to grab something, but...

His brow furrows. No, he had best simply observe, for now.

The Wanderer wordlessly lay against the edge of the stage. Only his eyes moved. First to look at the insect who’d dare fire at him. To strike him in the leg while he was in the middle of duty. Then to stare at the fool who had frozen him. Who had overwhelmed him with ice. Ice that was colder than any force of Cryo. Freezing power that had sunk deep within and locked up the limbs of his puppet body.

Something felt deeply wrong to be reminded of his nature like this, to have his heartless body twisted against him. It was unnerving, and almost disgusting. Made him angry in ways he hadn't thought about since before his arrival among these people.

He despised them both. Despised them for the slight sting from the bullet and for every tiny click of his limbs failing to move. Not even his jaw could clench in the moment as he lay there powerless. A slight breeze still uselessly blew around them. Threatening to strike. But as long as his hands were stuck, nothing could be done. No Anemo to crush the insect. None to strike down the fool. None to serve her.

Still, in the end, from where he remained beneath the waves, he had only one thought:

All he could do was wait. Wait for the cold to leave his limbs, and wait for her game to complete.

"Not bad."

Clovis stared down at his opponent. His impatience and rage had quelled a little, now that his attacker was now subdued and no longer a threat. He didn’t so much as spare a glance to the one with the glasses, who had fired at this fool’s leg- to Clovis, such help wasn’t needed. No, the Keidran was only concerned with his own handiwork. His ice magic was as strong as ever, and was the sole reason as to why the Wanderer could no longer move. And even though the spells he’d thrown out during the battle had cost him a good handful of mana crystals, he found the result well worth it. One less of Mabel’s dogs to deal with only meant good things.

The halfbreed kneeled down beside Wanderer, a look of restrained anger still enduring on his face, however now interlaced with… a sort of amusement. Lowly, he whispered, just loud enough for the ‘human’ to hear…

Impressive magic, for a child. Maybe, when you’re older, you could serve among my guild’s ranks.

The prince stood, tilting his snout up proudly.

Please… stay down. I’d hate to see talent like yours wasted.

With that, Clovis turned his eyes back to the twins… and particularly, that trapped pet of theirs in that cage.

"I don't suppose you're starting to understand what's really going on here," Byakuya coolly muses as he walks up beside Clovis, "but it's clear you're looking in the right place."

Now all that remains is to see it through.

ILLUMINA
Interactions: Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara (Lana) | brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy (Raz)

1702281289584.png

Man. She's more of a kleptomaniac than a Meowth! Oh, well... at least she can't be more trouble than Mew. All the trouble that little pink furball gets into back on my world! Ahh, stories for another day, dear reader, I could talk for hours about her.

"Hmph. I guess I'll have to keep an eye on you, then!" I grin from ear to ear. "Now, let's see... that not-Ninetales dude, Clovis, wasn't able to stop the flame with ice, and those ice arrows didn't work, either... hm." My purple eyes flick towards Lana. "Hey, you think water could put out that flame? I dunno, I'm thinking that's like, too easy. That, and punch-boy over there's hogging all the liquid in the tent." I point towards Raz. "Speaking of- how's it going over there, Handspun?"

I then turn back to Lana.

"Any ideas? C'mon, they can't be stopping you from at least playing a guessing game, right?"

COLLABORATIVE POST
By darkred darkred , StaidFoal StaidFoal , and FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla
B6EC629B6DA568D88948B5CC7CC4009714D346DD
8414f59c4bb62e6d31dde1a2ad967692.png

• Aloy saw her other friend, Corvo fighting as well through the thick of things. But then she noticed the flames moving toward Kassandra and did a running leap, the arrow intended to hit her old friend, but she was able to force it to hit the flames instead.

Aloy tried to keep up the possessed facade as Kassandra’s was able to block it quickly herself.

How long would Mabel be able to force her to “dance” this little facade out?

“I’m sorry, I can’t stand down… not even for you, Kassandra.”

Was Aloy actually trying to refuse her orders against Mabel?

If she could get a good target on the puppetmaster, if only…

“No…”

“I cannot. Fail..”

“I won’t FAIL!”

Aloy was trying her best and her Focus was still aiming at Kassandra’s own spots in her suit.

Kassandra, old friend

>Aim toward Kassandra
    >Aim toward a target heading toward Corvo and Kassandra and “help” them instead
    >Miss on purpose

Aloy
    finally knew what she needed to do, after a series of long spear vs arrow battles, she intentionally missed just to make a mockery of the puppetmaster on purpose.

“Kass…I’m sure of it, we won’t fall.. I make sure of it.”

Thankfully, this opening was exactly what Kassandra needed. She certainly knew Aloy wasn’t as lousy of a shot as to miss her while standing still- the Nora had the opportunity to retaliate the second the Spartan stopped moving, after all. All it would’ve taken was a quick followup after Corvo blasted away her arrows to get an easy hit. But since Aloy was clearly trying to resist the influence to the best of her abilities, Kassandra could at least divert her attention away towards other problems- after all, if she didn’t have to directly target and hurt Aloy, why should she?

The first problem in particular was the other possessed Blood Gulch survivor. She recognized those swarms of rats from their fight with the Meta- notably, he'd put some kind of explosive trap on them to pierce through the psychopath's leg armor. She knew she had to be careful if she were to avoid that same fate.

The ancient Greek nocked a poison arrow into her bow before firing it straight down at her feet and quickly darting backwards. Anyone paying attention would have noticed her Spear of Leonidas’ telltale magical glow as she retreated, waiting for the swarm to approach her. Only when the rats grew close did her ploy become apparent- the arrow exploded into a poisonous cloud, threatening to kill the vermin on the spot before they could approach her and trigger the spring razors.

But upon one rat’s demise, Corvo’s Possession spell ended. His figure emerged within the poisonous cloud. Like a specter, he flew forth, the fumes straining past the creases and lines in his emotionless mask. Flipping the blade around his hand, Corvo’s target remained Kassandra. And unlike Aloy, he would not hesitate.

Of course, Kassandra hadn’t expected Corvo to appear from her supposedly denied area. Her focus had been around literally every other part of the tent in an attempt to find him, so when her Spear detected another attack incoming she only had just enough time to spin around. Had she not formed a Hardlight Shield in time to absorb Corvo’s blow, she assumed she'd have taken a blade to the neck. Even through her armor, though, she could feel the blade’s impact, forcing her to backpedal a few steps to yet again catch her breath. It was clear Corvo wasn’t going to give up any time soon- and she couldn’t hold him off forever without fighting back.

“If I can’t snap you out of this fight, I’ll have to do it by force!

With her shield still active, she rammed forwards, intending to force Corvo and Aloy back before drawing her Spear of Leonidas in her left hand, deactivating the shield as she did. One hand would be to parry any attacks; the other, empty, gauntlet would be to try and knock some sense into her friend.

Aloy was expecting the blowback but before she could quickly make a roll attack from Kass, her shield bash hit her and soon she was out like a light. She quickly moved her head and her eyes closed.

Corvo reacted with a twist, letting his left shoulder take the brunt of the hit. His arm numbed, leaving him a second open to Kassandra’s gauntlet—which hit its exact mark. The impact sent him stumbling away. He dug his sword into the ground, keeping him on his feet.

He paced his breath, and felt his hands. No matter what blow he took, Corvo couldn’t let himself fall. There was still an Empress to protect…

His Mark glowed. Time slowed—to others, it seemed that he picked up enough speed to blur. Corvo leaped high into the air, blade coming down at her.

His Mark glowed again. He vanished… And emerging behind the Spartan, the momentum of his swing carried over. Rather than strike the armor again, he focused on the chink: the legs.

This time around, Kassandra had no way to block the incoming attack. Though she recognized his increased speed, she (ironically) didn’t have enough time to react with her own Slow Time ability. Instead, she allowed the attack to dig deep into her leg with a grunt of pain behind the mask. It would be better for her to put her efforts into knocking Corvo out rather than defending the blow, she figured.

In retaliation, Kassandra kicked backwards with her free leg at his own crown jewels, though she opted not to destroy them with a full-powered Sparta Kick. Instead, it was meant to stun him for a moment- long enough for her to grab at him with her bare hand and swing downwards at his blade with her Spear of Leonidas. Were the former to connect, she’d try to deliver a devastating headbutt from behind her mask. It’d be hard for him to both maintain his grip on his weapon and avoid her head-on, she figured.

Corvo tried to block the strike with his other arm, but it was too limp to move in time. He cursed himself for losing his patience. Then the world went dark, and Corvo was out for the count.

Lana

She just sorta shrugged at Lumi’s question unsure how to even answer. She assumed that it was some sort of magic fire meaning water wouldn’t work but maybe it would? If those twins had to control her and others just to protect it then maybe it wasn’t so strong after all?

“I mean… I’d assume water would work….? Even if I did know, I don’t think I’d even be able to physically tell you. Whatever the answer is, I hope you figure it out soon because this is starting to make my wrists sore…”

FLANDRE SCARLET

A turn of events. Finally, something had caught her attention that wasn't Reimu or Marisa; someone she had yet to see in their true prowess. It was that dark beast, which almost looked like some form of Yōkai; a troll? But a troll couldn't fly, could they? They were big and massive and this one was definitely no exception, even if it looked a little different than how they usually looked like. No way they could even last a minute in the air without falling back to the ground! Yet, there it was -- sprouting wings from it's back. And most of all, it was flying towards her. It came for her and no one else.

Flandre stopped, almost puzzled, yet intruiged. No one else had tried to surprised her out of nowhere, not in a fight since she had first met Reimu and Marisa. They always would run away, oh so terrified about their safety. It was the smart move, and perhaps it was natural for her not to always push things her way. But this time, it wasn't the incident resolvers she was eying this time.

The clones stop their frantic frolicing as they too follow the original's direction of sight. Blazing eyes of scarlet red were now staring at VENOM; all the same idea in mind. For once, it's a feeling that entices the eyes of total destruction elsewhere but one unfortunate soul.

A finger is pointed -- first
one, then two, and three, and the last of four; all positioned like sharpshooters aiming for their target. Alas, the time for BULLETS was nigh;

A DANCE OF DANMAKU OUT OF CONTROL!

DR_EDY. DR_EDY. (Venom)

Last edited:
Nolan Grayson

He had arrived, and perhaps too late to now notice many hard-fought confrontations brought to a close. A little less work off of his troubles, despite the mess that it had seemingly caused. Nolan's eyes peer towards the flame itself; the originator of all that is happening. He wastes no time in an effort to put it out. Shockwaves emit as he forcefully clasps both hands together, releasing a wave of seismic energy that would swoop over the burning fire itself.

Last edited:
across_the_spider_verse_hobie_brown_png_by_metropolis_hero1125_dfzaixe-414w-2xcropped.pngSpider-Punk Vs. Spider-LilyIMG_3252.gif
Cowritten by: FoolsErin FoolsErin and brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy
Interactions: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (GM)

Guess I’ll call you ‘Lily’, then.Hobie responded toSpider-Lily’s response to his name, smiling under his mask. He’d have to share his actual name with her at some point. Not now, though. Would be best to keep his name out of the mouths of those two. If they didn’t already know. “Not really, but I figured it’d be best to go and say it before they made me. If I had to do it, best be on my own terms, yea?He then replied to Lily’s comment about being forced to go up, shrugging.

Then, mere moments later, Hobie felt his spider-sense go off again. This time for what looked to be someone’s sad excuse for a wrestler. Only this one was threatening to bring what looked to be the whole house down instead of just a steel chair. And not metaphorically either. Hobie usually approved of performance art free from the interference of sanitization for mass appeal and distasteful appeals to mass consumerism, just maybe not at the cost of the audience. Or the hosting town for that matter.

So he would’ve happily moved away from leaning on the side of the tent and swung up to put an end to this macabre excuse for performing art.

But then Hobie’s spider sense went off yet another time after one of the stars of the act began listing off names. Pointing him right behind himself. Accompanied by a clap, the sound gradually amplified in mere moments. One look behind him, and it was exactly what he feared would happen from the moment those two started moving people around like centrists on strings.

They were full-on controlling people.

Including Lily.

Now, Hobie didn’t know Lily well enough to tell what exact power she’d just used, but it didn’t seem like something he wanted to get hit by. So, his hands whirled around to his back for his guitar, and he loudly strummed a few times as soon as it was fully in his hands. The sudden noise seemed to cut through the clap after a bit of strumming, and the blast was quickly neutralized.

He briefly glanced from Lily to the flame on stage. Someone had to do something about that, but he expected she wouldn’t leave him very well alone for the time being. The best Hobie could do for right now was a head start.

So that’s exactly what he would aim for.

Three web blasts were fired at Lily. One towards her face, and two towards the both of her hands. Hopefully she’d be distracted for at least a little bit. Still holding his guitar in his left hand, he fired another web with his right towards the ceiling to hopefully start swinging towards the stage and begin putting the fire out.

Gh-!

As her clap was neutralized, the blind spider’s eye lenses widened, though quickly narrowed once more as she’s about to move towards Punk! Though, in the process, Ming finds her hands and face were both webbed - though thankfully, she moved her left hand just in time to avoid the webs on that end.

What- what the hell was this? Perhaps it’d be worthy of noting that Ming doesn’t have web-shooters herself - the why can come another time, of course.

While Ming doesn’t pay all that much attention to the webbing on her face, the spider-girl hears the thwip of Punk attempting to get away. She aims her free hand towards that sound, snapping in his direction?

Now, why would that be a threat? Well, with the amplified sound and force of it, they were quite harmful - not to the level of bullets, but certainly able to cause damage with enough force!

Hobie quickly adjusted as he felt the in his right hand snap from the strike of sound that came from Lily’s free hand. Guess he should’ve taken a second longer to make sure his webs had hit. He landed mere meters away from where he’d begun, leaving him clear of the rest of the blasts but no further towards putting out the flame. So instead he turned back towards Lily and fired a few more shots towards her left hand. This time to see if he could stick her to the tent wall. Hopefully that’d keep her.

Ming, while unable to see where exactly the shots were positioned (aside from the obvious: her free hand), tries to shoot her amplified snaps towards them! The spider-girl, going off of the sound of the thwips for her aim, ends up snapping right at the webs and causing them to come apart!

Spider-Lily snaps towards her other hand and frees it from its respective webbing, then moving to rip off the webbing from her face! Once that’s done and over with, she pipes up. “ It’ll be easier if you just stand down!” Her voice quite literally pushed back against her fellow spider-person, coming off as quite loud to those around as well.

Just as quickly as Hobie could fire webs, Lily could go ahead and undo them. It seemed neither of them were really getting ahead here. Which theoretically was nice, but unfortunately unsustainable. Sooner or later, he’d end up running out of webs.

Instead he turned his attention to the staircase leading up to the stage. If he couldn’t make Lily stay here, he might as well bring her with on the journey to that flame. Hobie moved his guitar back into his hands again and slipped his pick in between his fingers. Might as well meet her at her own game while he was at it.

So he began strumming, slowly at first but quickly gaining speed along to a song.

The sound of his own guitar slightly interrupted Lily’s own shouting, the yell pushing him back slightly but not by far. The music continued, only stopping for Hobie to respond to her request to stand down. “Yea, don’t think so, sorry!” Otherwise, the guitar-playing continued as he began to move towards the stage’s stairs. Leading her on with the sound towards the main attraction and hopefully towards the flame.

Since he couldn’t deal with them separately, may as well get them both with one stone.

Doubt you’re sorry!Ming shoots back, following the strumming and continuing to snap those amplified bits of sound right at Hobie. Unfortunately, as perceptive as Ming was with her surroundings, it didn’t seem as though she caught onto what Hobie was trying to do - not yet, perhaps.

As they get to the stage, Ming does find that this, er… chase? Not exactly a chase, more like she was just very casually pursuing Hobie. Anyways, the blind spider begins to find it fruitless to continue this cycle, so just as they’re on the stage, she stops snapping - only to open her arms, fingers spread apart, and clap her hands together as best as she can! She was cautious to not go too loud, lest she harm her allies, but the force and noise were certainly strong regardless.

This had to work, this had to end it!

Oh, it ended things alright. Just not in the way Lily thought.

So far, Hobie’s plan was going swimmingly. Dispelling snap after snap with his guitar’s music, and leading Lily further and further along the stage until she was right where he wanted her. Then, Hobie waited as he continued to strum. Eventually she had to get sick of snapping, right? If she could shout like that, then surely-

Yep, there it was.

As soon as she clapped, Hobie launched a web towards the ceiling and swung out of the way, leaving the blast of sound to hit a different target only a few meters behind him.

Right about where the flame was.

Now, he didn’t very well expect Lily’s blast to fully douse the flame. Sound was a bit of a worse fire-fighting tool than say, water. Or even to hit it in the first place with those two cheaters still on the stage. Yet it was certainly better than nothing, so it’d have to do for now. Until he found something better, someone else acted first, or the whole place came tumbling down.

Whichever came first.

VENOM
1702305563466.png

Brawl w/ Flandre
Interactions:
Miso_Tofu2.0 Miso_Tofu2.0

Awh, hell.

To say VENOM was anything short of surprise was severely understating the pickle he got himself in. Gunfire was one thing. Bullets? An everyday occurrence. Superpowered kids? Also a common sight for the keen eye. This? Naw, this was something else entirely. Of course, it's always the red ones. He should've turned back, this was undoubtedly a suicide mission; this mess that he got himself into. But in-between the choices of him or the rest of 'em, majority seemed like the reasonable choice, yeah? He seemed to have caught her attention, too. All of them, creepily, were staring at him. Death's eyes in the form of a child.

Kids are scary, he begins to realize this late into his career.

But massive as his size wore, the Lethal Protector is agile and limber with every weave and turn he took. Had it not been for the absolute unit of a wingspan, perhaps he could have avoided being less berated by the barrage of projectiles. Every cut and splice made it's way through the symbiote's thick coating; it's own biomass constantly regaining it's essence back and fourth from the endless swarm of cuts.

VENOM does not waver, however. He commits to the bit, enduring the hail of spears and sharp objects that pricked at his unprotected body. When he got close, his wings retract as he curved into ball, acting as a barrier against the piercing arrows. As he shields, long tendrils suddenly eject from his sides, slithering through tiny gaps and latching onto each of the clone's faces. Upon reach,
VENOM descends onto the ground, pulling them in as a loud CRASH!

Last edited:
FLANDRE SCARLET

Bolder than she had expected. The black beast's tolerance had been shown in a way like she had rarely seen before. Not even Meiling could survive in a pickle like that for much long. He had definitely brought notice, he really did -- so much that she had been curious, curious of what he'd do next. Once the goop thing got closer, Flandre and her clones propelled back, surrounding him in a circling dome where they had readied to open fire upon it like a cushion. But before she could take aim, tendrils of black suddenly sprout like a blossoming flower, pelting her face from seeing anything at all!

W-what even--?!

The next thing she knew: she was already falling. She and her copies could feel the rapid descend by the familiar wind blowing past down of what little they could feel from their coated faces getting dragged by strange ooze.

WHAM! Just like that, Flandre had crashed upon mountains of debris and rock. The dust had just begun to settle, the seeping fog telling of it's rather gruesome impact. Neverthless, Flandre stands once more; alone in dusted clothing. It was a surprise on how it managed to hold without tearing so much of a string.

"... What even are you?," she asked the odd-looking troll. Flandre's expression remained passive, seemingly unbothered by the fall she had sustained. But her eye contact had focus, interested to hear of what he has to say to her question. "You're not a Yōkai. Or are you a demon? If so, I haven't seen or heard of one that can bend their body parts so freely."

One little test would do.

She lifts one foot and stomps on the ground. A boulder is ripped apart from the crater formed, ascending into view. With one hand, Flandre kickis it midair soccer-ball style, flinging it in a straight line towards the towering beast itself.

DR_EDY. DR_EDY. (Venom)

(Note: Clovis' origin comic is not for anyone under 18+ due to mature themes! Please don't read it if under 18!)

CLOVIS
Interactions: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Will Cipher) | megar megar (Byakuya)

1702323478003.png

"Hmph..." The Keidran folds his arms. At least this one- Byakuya, his name was- seemed to have some intelligence in him, unlike many of the others. "I am now."

Flames flicker across Clovis' palm as he raises his hand up. His eyes light up with anticipation, excitement that hadn't been there since he'd first laid eyes on the Twins. All that anger, gone, as his mind plunges back into his schemes once more. He could only wonder what that little triangle's role in this really is... why the Twins would feel the need to keep him onstage, despite being of no apparent use to them. They had no problems playing with the lives of others, so why should he? With a flick of his hand...

Clovis fires a bolt of flame at Will's cage.​

Last edited:
"Nngh... ungh...!" Leo had used up all of his energy long before now. He's barely standing at this point, wobbly legs threatening to give way and collapse him face-first at any moment. Blood runs down his cheeks and drips to the floor, his cracked eyes feeling all the force of Hell itself and then some. He does his best to hold off Toayi as Orbeck and Hershel do their work.

He watches it all through ragged breaths, wincing eyes staring as the gem begins to suck all the flames back into it. With it, Sage seems to go down as well. Even though the room becomes far less overwhelmingly cloudy and bright, it makes it no easier for Leo to keep his eyes open. The second Sage falls to the ground, so does he, in a pool of his own sweat and blood.

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Thexcentrichilean Thexcentrichilean Laix_Lake Laix_Lake

Users who are viewing this thread

Back