• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here

"APOLOGY ACCEPTED,"
says the Lethal Protector in a huff. Babysitting wasn't really his forte, but he'll look after them if it means keeping them from harm's way. A few things happen here and there- one was a strange, talking sausage, only for it to be promptly blown to smithereens by Micah.

"......"

1701472064056.png

VENOM's only reaction was to blink once, before turning to Leo in peculiar notice.

"YOU KNOW THIS PERSON?,"
he asked the young man curiously, referring to Sage and this "Alexis" person he was talking about.

A missing person was always going to be a hassle; that he knew all too well. But as Josuke said, panic would do nothing but escalate the situation. Dire are innocent lives, but so are the children here. Plus, splitting up didn't seem too wise, especially with the unnatural dangers that he had heard of that lurked within this strange little town.

Reimu_banner_720.png

Reimu lowly groans and whips the gohei's streamers back to herself. That, she's quite sure, is not how any kind of physics should work. She'd almost call it cheating, but... she'd be a hypocrite to do that. She, too, likes going about things in the easiest way possible.

"At least pay attention, you! I can't show Marisa up if you're just going to ignore me trying!"

It's clear, at least, she still doesn't really perceive Mabel as a threat at all.

In this state, it's obvious that pain is the last thing on Jason's mind. It's hard to tell if he even registers it. Despite having his hit blocked, he isn't very deterred. He just as easily raises his free arm to block Rex's incoming left hook, and counters with a kick toward his groin, aiming to create some distance between the two of them.

Veronica, meanwhile, is shot straight out of the enclosure as intended. One second, she is there - and the next she isn't. That lasts for all of five seconds, though. Soon enough, she's run back in at full speed, axe still in hand. Only now, three beings made of shadow seem to surround all of her sides. Husks even more lifeless than the possessed girl herself, made of pure dark energy with eyes shining as red as Mabel's blue ones. They all charge Marisa alongside Veronica herself, each aiming to take a different shot at the woman. The shadow beasts use their fists - while Veronica herself aims for yet another strike of her axe, this one over her head and intended to careen down toward her skull.

"Hm?" Mabel, through all of this, only seems to barely register Reimu's exclamation at the end of it all, and meets it with a half-raised brow. "Oh... are you still here?" she asks, and before Reimu can even answer, Mabel waves her hand again. She finds herself enveloped in a light blue aura. All sensation in her body is lost as she's effortlessly flung aside like a ragdoll.

allegedlydave allegedlydave isupposeimphi isupposeimphi megar megar BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 BoltBeam BoltBeam brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy

"Huh?" The man in front of Lumi looks around for a moment, before finally turning around and looking down. "Oh! Well, aren't you the cutest little thing?"

Sheriff_Blubbs_appearance.png

Sheriff Blubs
Gravity Falls' Finest

"That, my friend, is what we call a collective hallucination!" he exclaims as he points back toward the man of the hour. "He looks like he hopped straight outta that Fight Fighters game - but that's physically impossible! So, I'm pretty sure there's just a gas leak." He chuckles and adjusts his shades. "Matter'a fact - I'm pretty sure you're a hallucination too, talking hellspawn!"

CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara

Reimu_banner_720.png
"Gahk-"

Reimu flies along for a few seconds... before the aura suddenly flashes out of existence as though dispelled and she flips over in midair, catching herself to glare over at Mabel.

"That was so rude!"

She doesn't have any way to really take it out on her, though. For everything she has... Reimu has never really been the best in such a direct fight. She gets along via... other means. She'll have to leave dealing with that for the heavier hitters. Speaking of...

Her attention is immediately moved back to Marisa, where she swoops over and smacks her gohei against one of the shadowy figures and watches it dissipate. Oh, good. She can actually handle those. She swipes at the other two, the streamers cleaving through the both of them in one stroke, before swooping in to bring a foot into Veronica's shoulder to throw her off balance.

"Oi, Marisa! Let's switch out! I'll hold her back -- you deal with the annoying asshole! And I don't mean yourself, this time!"

04f3563e359b1ec41f49435529019ea107d69c6c.pnj

Leo had been so horrified by the sudden execution of Delsausage Roweiner that he didn't even immediately register that Venom had been talking to him. By the time he did notice, he'd pretty much managed to recover enough to look like he'd never been effected at all.

"Oh, yeah. We all know each other. We kinda showed up here together. You said you'd been displaced from your universe, right?" Leo takes a moment to gesture around the group. "We're... basically the ones here to fix that."

He thinks for a moment, before bringing up a hand to scratch the back of his neck.

"Actually, we're looking for extra hands, especially with some of our guys apparently missing. Do you wanna join up with us?"

gideon2.jpeg

"N-now hold on," Gideon raises a finger. "None of y'all ever said anything about anyone joinin' anything! With all due respect, y'all kinda just showed up here. Don't you think an offer like that's a bit... fast?"

Leo shrugs, "We're pretty short on time as is. But... it's his decision. I know he cares about you two a lot, so if he doesn't wanna join up, he doesn't have to."

DR_EDY. DR_EDY. megar megar allegedlydave allegedlydave jigglesworth jigglesworth Sir Skrubbins Sir Skrubbins bluefrostie2 bluefrostie2 Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Thexcentrichilean Thexcentrichilean brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy

Marisa.png

"Ah, c'mon! Don't sweat the small stuff!" Marisa responded in a carefree manner, mostly just glad to be free from the most annoying game of keep away she's ever had the misfortune of playing.

Taking a moment to reach into her pocket, Marisa pulled a pair of dull white spheres. With the slightest pulse of magic, though, both came to life and started hovering next to her obediently.

Finally, she could crank up the heat a bit!

A magical circle appeared on Marisa's palm as she closed back in on Mabel, firing a reverie of rainbow coloured stars at her, finally able to cast aside the restraint she'd had to show earlier. The orbiting spheres seemed to lock onto Mabel too, both firing a pair of lasers that seemed to track her movements.

VENOM
Mystery Shack
Interactions: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly

"...YOU WANT OUR HELP?"
1701476162755.png

Silence is drawn at the thought of it. The creature had no brows but it was clear that VENOM was frowning, seemingly troubled at the sudden offer. So sudden, so soon.

Come to think of it, when was the last time anyone had offered such a thing to him? An alliance, a chance to work together for a greater purpose. Perhaps it was by desperation. After all, Leo had explicitly said that they were running short on allies. VENOM was always willing to step in to save the day, but... would it be for any long? Will he just be their pawn, a member to discard if necessary? He had remembered those times, those headlines imprinted on newspapers, all those words that they had said;

"MONSTER."

"CRUEL STRIKER."

"THE DEVIL."

SO. MANY. TIMES!!

But it had reason. They had reason for it all. All those hateful events when he was just trying to help. It was his fault. He can't undo those mistakes anymore, all those lives he took, all those innocents he had hurt, no matter what he did. He would always be seen one way or another. But here, in the Mystery Shack, he had met people- people who he had befriended, people who saw him drenched in the shadow of a "monster", yet saw him as a friend. Sure, it wasn't his world, but for once, he had felt love, love by whom he would swear to protect and look after.

But as Leo said, it was his choice.

To save the universe from a cruel fate, or to leave behind a life- a chance he had always wanted for himself. Will he hide from fear, or will he face it head on?

Then again, when did the happy things ever last for long?

"I..."

A solemn turn faces Gideon and Pacifica. For once in the short few days they had met, VENOM looked defeated.

Last edited:
ILLUMINA
Interactions: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Arcade)
Around: Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara (Lana)

1701478042020.png

I can't help but chuckle at how casual this guy is at seeing a floating alien half his height ask him what's going on around here. Hallucination or not, you'd think he'd be freaking out more. Then again, if Mr. Pixels over here isn't being kicked out of the arcade, then I guess something like this is pretty common around these parts. "Yeah, I guess we can chalk it up to that. Now if you'll excuse me, this part of your imagination is going to go talk with that other part of your imagination. Thank you for the help!"

I float my way over the crowd, landing only when I've gotten allllllll the way to the front so that the big celebrity man can hear me.

"Excuse me! Hi," I wave to him. "Seems you've got a pretty good fanbase gathered here!"

Medic
Interactions: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Asuka), Nokirathephantom Nokirathephantom (Shinji), allegedlydave allegedlydave (Ling/Greed)

Medic's Font = Germania One
medic3.png

Ah, the other voice! Fascinating. This didn't seem like a case of split personalities. Schizophrenia, or just everyday insanity, perhaps - but as a man who'd toiled in God's domain far more than medically advisable, he felt like he had an inkling of what was really going on here. Soul-grafting isn't an exact science, but he knew a thing or two.

"Yes, yes - just hold still, would you?" Medic replied, inching closer to the man. "He's a boisterous one. I think he's curious about your dual-soul situation. He's gotten used to zhat feeling from me, I suppose."

Carefully, yet with the air of a man who had retrieved his bird from the heads of strangers (in more ways than one) many times before, he raised a gloved hand and offered it to the roosting dove. He observed his hand inquisitively for a few moments, but eventually relented - leaving Greed's scalp with a parting scratch as he prepared to step off...

"Haven't you, Archimedes? Yes, Archimedes wants all zhe souls, yes he does..."

Right until Asuka's arrival.

"Gah! Nein!"

The fartherly sense of calm that Medic had instilled within the bird vanished the moment she stomped her foot in greeting, spooking it senseless. In an instant, Archimedes began beating its wings like an angry gorilla, utterly savaging Greed's scalp and nose with a beak-and-talon combination that could floor even the mightiest warriors if Medic hadn't intervened quickly - scooping Archimedes off the man's head with surgical precision. The bird seemed to calm down soon afterwards, swapping its old perch for the mad doctor's shoulder.

"Zhere, zhere, Archimedes..."

archimedespet.gif

"Birds! Ha-ha!" Medic jovially said, abashedly shrugging his shoulders. "My apologies - I don't know what to do with him sometimes. He'll follow me to every triage, operating theatre and warzone, but sometimes zhe littlest things will spook him silly. Here," he explained, before rearing his Kritzkrieg up and pushing the lever forward. A bassy thrum echoed from the doctor's backpack as a beam of red, wispy light shot out from the barrel and enveloped Greed - erasing his battle scars and any residual pain from his bout with the furious beast in an instant. Bizarrely, even as Medic yanked the lever back and cut the beam off, a feeling of robustness and good health lingered with him - as if he was capable of withstanding much more than he could beforehand.

"What was zhat? Ah, yes," Medic replied, turning back to face Asuka and the meek young man she had brought with him. "Aheh... well, if he dies, it would be a very different procedure. It is possible to bring him back to life," he explained, reciprocating Shinji's bow with a very German nod and a very Medic smile. "But last time, it cost zhe MPF somewhere in zhe neighbourhood of 1.3 billion dollars. So try not to get killed."

Then, as if on cue - gunshots. And a cacophonous sonic boom - one that caused the floor to quake and the trees to buffet explosively, nearly yanking them out of their roots. Nearby windows burst into pieces... and yet, through all of this, Archimedes stayed perched on Medic's shoulder, cool as an autumn breeze.

The sounds of battle!

medicgrinmedigun.jpg

"Ah, I was waiting for zhis!" Medic exclaimed, excitedly clutching his Kritzkrieg. "The first shots of the evening, ladies and gentlemen! Come, raus!"

With a wave of his hand, urging the rest of the group to come with him, the Medic took off towards the source of the noise. This was his job - and damned if he wasn't going to do it! Archimedes fluttered off his shoulder as he ran, perching atop a lamppost as he inquisitively watched them go by from a distance. An independent young man, that Archimedes - he liked to watch Medic work, but, when on the field, he was smart enough to do so from a distance

When Medic got there, though, he was greeted with quite a sight.

"...hm. Well, zhis is unexpected."

A big, gaping darkness - stood vacant, like someone had cut this part of the town out with a pair of scissors. Was that what the commotion was all about?

How do they get in?

...would they be able to get back out?

Last edited:
f8532a820da706359f733f1cb6564018.png
IMG_3252.gif
"How do you know that, though? You can't read our minds... probably."

Ming huffs, drawing closer to Wendy's voice with her arms crossed. "Just- can you come down, please? I'm not good at this questioning thing, but the others probably are, they'd have something you haven't answered." She really hoped they did, anyways.​

mori crop.png
CS

The vigilante coiled the whip into her palm as Jason shot it to the side, meeting his gaze with narrowed eyes. To say that development complicated things would have been an enormous understatement. Unlike Marisa's bluff presented, Reverentia was entirely unwilling to gamble with the life of the man who brought them there under pretty much any circumstances. He was both their ticket out and an innocent man (or at least, not one Reverentia had decided deserved to die). So, she prepared herself to make some sort of deal or figure out some other way to deal with the twins. It wasn't like she had much choice. Reverentia was fast, but she wasn't "bullet leaving a gun to hit something right next to it" fast.

One moment, all seemed calm. Or, at least as calm as a hostage situation conceivably could be. Then, Marisa and Reimu played their hand, using what seemed to be some sort of magical abilities Reverentia didn't recognize. Other combatants entered the fray, and vigilante quickly found herself underfoot. The people fighting here were much stronger than her, much greater in scale. So, for the moment, she just... didn't fight. Instead, she leapt back away from the mayhem, a rune on her armor dimly glowing for an instant. In that instant, she vanished. That invisibility wouldn't last long -- but she was invisible as she slunk to the edge of the battlefield, disappearing in the shadows the best she could to wait and observe the best moment to strike.

She stalked the battlefield's edge, a predator watching its prey through glass as she stared at Mable and Dipper fending off her comrades with relative ease. Jason, Reverentia could've maybe helped with. Veronica, she didn't recognize, but the trio seemed to have her in hand. The shadows... Reverentia steadily felt more and more called to intervene, but she ignored that voice's call. The best way to kill this snake was to cut off its head. Using another daily charge of the rune on her armor, Reverentia remained invisible for the moment. She'd only have one more until they got an opportunity to rest -- hopefully they ever did.

That anger swelled yet again, rearing its ugly head. This time, it was tenfold what it was before the fight erupted. Before, they were an obstacle. Uncooperative people that happened to be standing in her way. In the way of saving lives. Avenging the dead. Going home. Now, they were the enemy. Monsters and sadists deserving of nothing less than agony. By the gods, Reverentia would give it to them, if it was the last thing she did. She would inflict every ounce of suffering they'd dolled out back onto them, a storm of fury and retribution.

It wasn't until Marisa sent a stream of rainbow lights at Mable that Reverentia finally made her move. Lunging from shadow, she cracked the whip directly at Mable's right elbow, a wound that the supernaturally weapon threatened to take the mage's arm with if it struck true. The act immediately ended her invisibility, as was the nature of the spell.

allegedlydave allegedlydave isupposeimphi isupposeimphi megar megar Twice Knightly Twice Knightly BoltBeam BoltBeam brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy

Lana

LanaThink.png

Lana stood back for a bit just watching Lumi do his thing. He seemed to have this handled pretty well himself. She tilted her head in confusion as this new guy said something about a gas leak. She sniffed the air but didn't smell anything out of the ordinary... But the lack of smell usually is what makes gas leaks so exciting! Regardless, she was pretty sure she wasn't a hallucination so the gas leak probably wasn't real anyway. She watched as Lumi effortlessly floated over the crowd.... not fair. She struggled to squeeze herself through the crowd until she eventually made it to the front with him. Hopefully this game guy is nice. Fighting him sounds painful with how sharp his pixels looked.

CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow Twice Knightly Twice Knightly

"Okay! Buh bye, Satan!" Blubbs happily waves off Lumi as he floats off, and over to the real man of the hour. The man in question keeps idly swaying back and forth, even after Lumi tries to get his attention. And then he keeps swaying. And swaying... and swaying to a point that it looks like he's dancing to an invisible beat. But then...

1nYg0vJ.gif

"𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐈𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐎!?"

He shoves his face directly into Lumi's face as he shouts this.

CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara

Ming hears another huff, followed by the sound of something flopping against a bed. It's not hard to guess what just happened.

"Dude, there is like... nothing in this for me. I'll literally eat my own heart if I have to spend another second around all those weirdos."

brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy

(Note: Clovis' origin comic is not for anyone under 18+ due to mature themes! Please don't read it if under 18!)

CLOVIS
Interactions: Laix_Lake Laix_Lake (Orbeck)
Mentions: megar megar (Byakuya)
Around: StaidFoal StaidFoal | Nokirathephantom Nokirathephantom | Miso_Tofu2.0 Miso_Tofu2.0

1701480006112.png

When Clovis had arrived at the place Wendy had went, he was suffice to say underwhelmed. The location hardly seemed like something of importance. That was, until he felt... it. Another source of magic, very much like that of the human mages of Mekkan. Humans always had a unique signature when it came to sorcery; the innate talent of being able to draw magic from their surroundings, unlike his own Keidran-kind. After constantly sensing the pseudo-magic radiating off some of the others in the group, this feels like a welcome change. Clovis' scheming eyes are drawn to the man sat out front. Orbeck, he called himself. The fox-wolf's ears perk up the moment he calls himself a sorcerer, as his suspicions are confirmed in an instant.

Finally, he thinks to himself with a grin. At least one person here may be able to speak his language. Orbeck doesn't need to tell him twice not to inquire things of that Wendy. The Keidran halfbreed immediately steps up the moment the opportunity presents itself, snaking his way to the front of the small crowd that has gathered here, ignoring Byakuya entirely.

"So you are a part of, or at least know of, this MPF..."

Clovis' voice comes out sickly sweet and smooth, in a tone almost too calming to be fully comfortable with.

"I am Prince Clovis. I'm a mage, much like yourself. Like these others, I'm curious to know why this town, as hellish as it has been described, is anything but..."

The Prince of Greed folds his arms.

1701480077208.png

"You've been here for longer than us. What have you found out so far?"

1701481313697.png
Interactions: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (GM), CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow (Illumina), Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara (Lana)

Mentions: ...

Sprig had been scattered about the town while everyone else was doing their thing, either by a weird tent, down in the woods or... well, he's not sure where anyone else was, actually. He figures splitting up to look for clues was kind of a good move if it wasn't for the lack of info he was having on everything. Fine enough, he'll just get things done on his own! He should focus on looking for important places, that's what a good detective would do. Somewhere with many clues to the lack of wackiness and even more weirdness in this place. Somewhere- Is that an arcade?

Entering the area with highs amount of shining neon lights, Sprig is almost immediately disarmed, his eyes almost frying. "Wow! I wish I could actually see this place." Waving his arms in front of him, he is met with a large crowd. By that, it means he bumps into a leg and falls to the ground backwards.

Shaking his head and rubbing his eyes, the frog can't help but be curious of what's making all this commotion. To figure things out, he uses his slippery tactics to squeeze himself through the townsfolk legs, meeting whoever was in the front and- Two animal guys (from his group) and a glowy, flat and very loud human guy having a discussion about fathers?

"Hm... Maybe this was a mistake."

Lana

Lana flinched at the pixelated man’s sudden outburst. It was certainly…. Unexpected to say the least. She wasn’t sure what to say or if she even SHOULD say anything. It was also just a question she had no idea how to even answer. She elbowed Lumi trying to get his attention as she whispered.

“Dude, this guy is kind of a freak…. I think we should just leave or something….”

She didn’t even notice the newcomer enter the place with all the commotion going on.

CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow Twice Knightly Twice Knightly bluefrostie2 bluefrostie2

dc99caa-37f06a65-4e92-4193-8890-c1f36fc1718e.png

Mood: Terrified, Annoyed, Sympathizing
Tags:
@Twice Knightly (GM and Leo)
, ,
DR_EDY. DR_EDY. (Venom)
, ,

-Art Credits--

Chiaki Morisawa Fanart [スタろぐ④] by ますぎ, minimally tweaked

Fire Flames Texture by arundel
Golden Floral Pattern from PNGkit,
original artist PaperElement?

Divider Set #02 by NorasFed, edited by me​

ddyn6ar-85543c1e-f0dc-4919-a2c3-247912c79048.png
...Oh. Maybe Sage had been too quick too judge... The more he watched of Venom, the less threatening he seemed. They...? The pyromancer didn't quite get the pronoun thing yet, bound to mix it up constantly, --certainly did not help that Bh-liwe was completely devoid of connectives either.

But language struggles aside, the way the scary-looking goopy creature seemed so thoughtful of Irin... It was a really kind-hearted gesture! So, maybe it was actually safe to--

"YOU.", oh no, he had spoken too soon!!​

"Eeeek...!", this time momentarily igniting himself instead of a random object, the young man had flinched almost as if trying to duck. Terrified, he wasn't sure of what to expect- Punishment, most likely, and so he braced himself-

...To be asked how he's doing...?

"Oh, uhhh... I'm confused???", and stressed, and surprised, and other things, "But I'm okay, those flames can't hurt me-", neither do they normally expand unless Sage wants it to, but he wasn't going to pull the exposition card or anything. That's embarassing...

"R-right! So, uhh Alexis was this tall?... And with black fox ears and many many fluffy tails and Gideon- Fox Gideon! He's really just a baby fox... Makes cute squeaky noises, very cute! ...Shit, I said cute twice-"

And this was when Leo had very kindly added that they weren't the only missing ones! Someone else, Lazarus...? He- barely paid attention to anyone else... Uhhh, was it one of the armor people? But what could have happened for them to vanish like this?? Did they imput the wrong code? Did something else intercept their arrival?? But why just those three?!!

No matter how much he thought about it though, this was a bad sign. There's very small change that it is just a coincidence... Wait, has Venom been waiting for them?? He mentioned something about guests, did he know that they were coming, and if so how???

Sage was so preocupied that he was eventually hallucinating the existence of a talking hotdog wearing clothes!

[BANG!]

"!!!!"

[BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!]

"Can you NOT??!", The pyromancer had turned to Micah, for once igniting his aura on purpose. Arrgh guns! Noisy, sudden, instant; Evil hand-held murder devices-! "There are kids in here...!"

Specially little Irin. Sage may still be unsure about being her older brother, in some way... But! If she was distressed before, some weirdo shotting bullets was absolutely not going to help! Even more if she can hear just as well as an animal, then this is more than just startling...!

Talking about startling...

"...cool?", 'not... scary?'

Surely, Pacifica's reaction wasn't that uncommon, but it was still hard to get used to. If anything, Gideon's apprehension was a lot more normal and expected. He knew how to deal with that one...! Now, excitement was-

"Oh- Y-yeah... I'm uh, part Phoenix...? Sorry about your grass- It doesn't do much but it's still... Well, fire-"

-EXCUSE ME?? Had the man with a round, shiny and protuding hair style just, undone the scorch marks??? Like sure, Hershel could do that to wounds and stuff, but come oooooon!! Hershel, this high schooler or something is stealing your thing! ...Maybe!!
And he's also concerningly calm when some team members may just have been lost and trapped somewhere...!

Leo had a better idea, to invite Venom to join them and help...! Thooooooough-
That hesitation, something about it was... familiar...

Buuuuuuuuut- Sage is not good at interpersonal exchanges, so he might as well go silent, let the other handle it and frown at Josuke the entire time to make his disapproval of the teen's attitude very clear. You should be just a bit more concerned...!

Last edited:
Orbeck of Vinheim1.png
orbeck-fanart-by-me-v0-dvgfi1iddqd91.jpg

(Fanart by atomicjest on Reddit)
The extra confirmation that something isn't right here is also welcome. He knew that much, of course, but it being acknowledged by someone here for longer helps him start to put a better picture together. Of course, he doesn't quite yet have enough to go off of, but... that is what investigating is for, after all. He'd rather let the others deal with the woman upstairs -- he has little patience for such people -- while he speaks with someone more cooperative.

"I'll hear what you've got, Orbeck. Tell me everything you've come to learn since you've ended up here."

"I am Prince Clovis. I'm a mage, much like yourself. Like these others, I'm curious to know why this town, as hellish as it has been described, is anything but..."

The Prince of Greed folds his arms.

1701480077208.png

"You've been here for longer than us. What have you found out so far?"

"Very well. The first thing made apparent were the swapped dispositions of the most note worthy individuals in Gravity Falls. Outside of Wendy, whose temperament was the exact opposite from the last incident, there is also Dipper and Mable Pines, who now go by the moniker of "the Gleeful Twins." and run the Tent of Telepathy, where they host a weekly show of amusement and egocentric fulfillment. Outside of those handful of individuals. any other town folk remain the same as they were. At least, those we have encountered."

"The second has to do with rumors surrounding the Gleeful Twins, specifically in regards to the source of their "magical acts". It's said that they managed to subjugate a similarly omnipotent blue triangle. Thus allowing the twins full regain of his abilities. I would imagine that you two are already thinking about the potential omnipotent triangle playing a minor part of this facade, but I'll get to that part. "

He walks over to one of the outer seats, grabbing what looks like a sack made of durable fibers. It was filled with a few items, in particular his two etehus flasks, two HIidden Blessings, a spare Aquamarine Dagger (something about that friend of his obtaining it from a red phantom) some Simple Gems, and various other consumables of specific use.

"My only assumption as to why this was done by Cypher was for two reasons. One was to have the means to deter anyone from intervening in his plans in his over composing dominance. Secondly, it was out of pure ennui and wanted something that only a being of his stature may want, entertainment at the expense of our lives and wits. He could be playing the part of a fool within this famine of Grvaity Falls, or perhaps he is eyeing us from beyond our reach. Either way, there will be no way to proceed without dealing with the twisted personas of the Pine twins."

with that explanation of his done, he starts taking out his Sorcerer's Staff from his sack, sliding onto the side of his hip before slinging the sack itself over his solder. He was about to speak once more, perhaps some discussion on a plan of action?...but fate had other plans

COMET ~ 'BLAZING STAR!'

For an instant,

Everything was silent,

Everything was still.

In the very next, a wave of prue magical energy rippled across the surrounding area like a tsunami; a single, massive sonic boom followed the very instant afterwards that rended the exterior of the tent like cheap parchment. Glass and ceramic in the surrounding kilometers shattered. The dirt where Marisa and Jason had stood not even but a moment earlier had been carved into a crater of black glass, dotted with stardust.

It was then, that shockwave from Marisa's attack struck the household. The sound of its sonic boom over taking even the obscenely loud music from Wendy's room. Given the fact that there are presumably more newcomers besides those in here, he can only guess that the situation has somehow escalated at some point.

"Gods..." Pinching the bridge of his nose as he said this "I suppose it can't be helped. We may as well check back with the rest of the group, for better or worst. Once the rest of this group is done with their inquiries towards Wendy, we will head off."

megar megar StaidFoal StaidFoal Nokirathephantom Nokirathephantom CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow Miso_Tofu2.0 Miso_Tofu2.0

Last edited:
Byakuya Togami

"I'll be going now," Byakuya plainly answers, sparing no words for his thoughts on what Orbeck's theorising is. He is right. There will be no dealing with their real target unless his toys are dealt with first. The others can do as they wish -- but it's clear that from that kind of shockwave that they have plenty enough firepower over there as it is. There's no need for him to wait.

"Once the matter is dealt with, Orbeck, we'll see about getting you back in with us. Better than staying here, I'm sure."

He doesn't bother waiting for an answer before walking off... it seems as though he's got a lot on his mind as it is.

pacifica4.jpeg

For the first time since the group had encountered her, Pacifica's smile wavers. She knows that she's only known Venom for a few days... but she swears it's felt like the whole summer. Ever since he got here, he's been amazing. He's been around to help her and Gideon on mysteries, to bedazzle her sweaters... he's even helped out Uncle Bud. She found herself getting attached so quickly that now the prospect of him leaving makes her stomach hurt and her heart thump against her ribcage. She wants to protest like Gideon did. She wants to tell these people no, that they can't have him because they had him first. She wants Venom to stay, and yet...

"Will he... be able to visit us still?"

Leo shrugs, "It's not up to me, but... I don't see why not."

"And... this'll get him back to his own universe, right?"

He nods, "Eventually, yeah."

Pacifica looks at Gideon, her eyes both full of tears. She tries to sniffle them away, but it doesn't work. So she just takes Venom's hand into her much smaller one, and lets them roll down her cheeks. She gives what she can a squeeze. Not once has she been put off by him. Not his face, or the way his skin feels. Now is no exception. She just holds on.

"You can go, if you want..."

pacifica5].jpeg

"Go... be a hero, okay? Like you've been for me and Gideon."

Gideon has never seen himself as a cryer. Of the two, he's always thought he was the stronger one. Or at least... he's always wanted to be the stronger one. But...

"Dangit..."

babooey.png

(Art by brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy !)

"And you'd better tell us all about it when you come and visit."

DR_EDY. DR_EDY. brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun jigglesworth jigglesworth isupposeimphi isupposeimphi megar megar allegedlydave allegedlydave Thexcentrichilean Thexcentrichilean Sir Skrubbins Sir Skrubbins

"I am not a Pokemon. I am something that surpasses both human and Pokemon."
Mewtwo.png

The psychic Pokemon took notice of the blaring music after asking the question regarding Wendy's whereabouts, rending his prior question to Orbeck moot. At least the girl in pursuit of her had some sort of manner to find where she had been, otherwise she would have been going by touch alone and making literal blind guesses with every room in the house. Whether or not she was successful in interrogating the girl or convincing her to cooperate with the group, they would just have to wait and see.

As for Orbeck himself, he, Byakuya, and the self-described "Prince Clovis" seemed to convene with each other on the details that the mage had gathered since his arrival in the town. Most interestingly, it seems as though every person of notice in the town seems to have been flipped on their heads completely, taking the roles of lives that were the polar opposites of the ones they had come to known, and fakes being put in place to throw the MPF off of the trail. Whoever set this charade into place is a very cunning sort, and if it is that hellish demon that Red Hood had conveyed it was, they were in for more of a rude awakening than they first initially thought.

The course of action, at least for the moment, was blatantly obvious, and Orbeck knew it as well. If those 'Pines Twins' are the most threatening individuals in the Falls thus far, they would need to be taken care of before they are seen to become more of a threat. Considering the violent shockwave that had followed not too soon afterwards, it seemed as though things were already becoming dire, the Pokemon shielding himself from any potential stray shards of glass with a clear-blue barrier of psychic energy. While he was there, he closed his eyes to focus in on the psychic signatures he had picked up on from the east earlier, concerned that they would have spiked while he wasn't paying attention. Certain enough, they were much higher now than they had been before, and it caused the creature to let out a "Hmph" in response, though his slightly-agitated demeanor was quelled a small bit by the presence of other powerful, and more importantly familiar presences as well.

It seemed as though Byakuya felt no more need to stay put in the establishment, quickly taking his leave after informing Orbeck regarding his potential re-recruitment into the group. What the rest of the group did was up to them, certainly, but it would be better to keep track of things than to take this as a sign to laze around. "The situation seems to be covered by the original group, but I believe it would be wise for one or two people to keep watch near the scuffle in case of a negative turn of events. I will volunteer myself, if such is needed."

Responding to: The Curdoroy Club (Trixie, Nolan, Clovis, Orbeck, Ming)

(Note: Clovis' origin comic is not for anyone under 18+ due to mature themes! Please don't read it if under 18!)

CLOVIS
Interactions: Laix_Lake Laix_Lake (Orbeck)
Mentions: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Jason) | Everyone at the tent
Around: megar megar | StaidFoal StaidFoal | Nokirathephantom Nokirathephantom | Miso_Tofu2.0 Miso_Tofu2.0

1701510531183.png

The shockwave blows Clovis' cape back, but the Keidran himself does little except for turn in the direction Jason and the others had gone with a twitch of his ear. How unexpected for a team who barely knows each other to mess up something so crucial. Who knows who's winning? For all he knows, Jason's group could already be dead. The fox-wolf sighs internally. As the saying goes, if you want it done right, do it yourself.

He glances over at Orbeck, who seems to be just as exasperated as him.

"No questions concerning her," he states plainly. "Although, I have to ask one thing before we go off joining the others. Does anyone in this town sell mana crystals? I'm a bit low on supply."

The prince gently pats the pouches on his hip. They're a bit lighter than he wants them to be. He didn't want to complain, though; after all, having any mana crystals at all is a wonder considering he was a palm-sized dragon too small to fit into any of his clothing thirty minutes ago. Damn that Reni... and damn that Natani.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back