• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Marisa.png

She raised both her hands in a show of surrender, dropping her broom behind her and turning her back to Jason. The magical sparks disappeared from around Marisa's hands as she faced towards the twins. She followed Reimu's lead, her show of surrender being almost as carefree as Reimu's own; her expression equally as unentertained.

Now, Marisa wasn't a genius by any means. Sure, she was a talented magician and one who had more then earned her stripes, and a smart woman by all measures, but compared to a lot of Gensokyo, she was just another sharp human. But that's exactly what worked in Marisa's favour. People tended to think less of her - a mere human with a proclivity for magic. She was no god-channeling shrine maiden, no miracle-granting half-goddess, didn't possess reality or mind-altering abilities...

In other words, Marisa was often underestimated. She was sometimes even thought of as the weakest link amongst Gensokyo's incident resolvers.
Those few, were the sorely mistaken.

"Nah, 'course not!" Marisa chimed in easily, almost tauntingly so. "She sent us for a reason, y'know?"

Mid-sentence, a beam of white light fired from her fingernails, directly behind Marisa Kirisame. In an instant, the gun that Jason pressed against his temple was rended in two, the beam having burned the remnants of the barrel of Jason's gun to total slag. The Gleeful's bargaining chip had been taken away.

Marisa quickly pivoted on her heel, wearing a smirk on her face. Before Jason could be made to draw his other gun, Marisa grabbed his wrist and called her broom into her hand with a small burst of wind magic. Quickly, she shoved the Mini-Hakkero into a small slot nestled within the bristles of the broom. It was done so quickly and with such familiarity that it felt nearly instantaneous.

COMET ~ 'BLAZING STAR!'

For an instant,

Everything was silent,

Everything was still.

In the very next, a wave of prue magical energy rippled across the surrounding area like a tsunami; a single, massive sonic boom followed the very instant afterwards that rended the exterior of the tent like cheap parchment. Glass and ceramic in the surrounding kilometers shattered. The dirt where Marisa and Jason had stood not even but a moment earlier had been carved into a crater of black glass, dotted with stardust.

And yet- nothing.

No matter how fast, how forceful- nothing.

Marisa finds herself flying into a wall so black, so dark it is almost imperceptible. She does not crash: she simply flies and flies, like she's stuck on a treadmill, the darkness never forcing nor giving way against her. She could ride forever and not move an inch.

And through that wall walks Veronica, like it isn't there at all.

"Hrm..."

Her groan is like that of one close to death, and her posture no different. Her silver eyes glimmer a familiar blue.

Marisa.png

The darkness stretched on endlessly; much like how the Hakurei Barrier seemed to repeat the same landmarks endlessly forever.
Shit, that was a waste of magic power... She stopped the flow of magic, the Hakkero's light fading away to wisps as she looked around.

OK. Plan A had failed, but also kinda succeeded. She'd got Red, the hostage outta immediate danger. Sure, she was still well in threat range, she could see the tent, or what remained of it, from here. Marisa looked around the surroundings from the air, still holding Jason with one hand, her broom's levitation helped to counterbalance against Jason's weight.

Marisa looked down spotted someone, another vaguely familiar face from Wakanda walking through the barrier of shadow as though it were nonexistent. She couldn't see her exact condition from this high up, but from how she hobbled slowly and painfully, Marisa could only assume the worst. Concerned, she quickly pivoted the broom straight downwards and accelerating.

Marisa landed with a skid, digging her heels into the dirt. She laid Jason down on his back, but not before taking away his other gun, as she ran over to Veronica.
"Here, I've gotcha!" She tried to catch Veronica before she could collapse. "What happened to 'ya? Gah, nevermind! Just..." Marisa reached to the side of her skirt, looking for one of her medicinal potions. After a moment of rummaging around what was essentially a massive, impossible pocket, Marisa pulled out a small gourd and handed it to Veronica. "Just, drink this, yeah? Might go down somethin' nasty, but it'll help!"

megar megar Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (I guess?)

The twins, meanwhile, are no worse for wear. Through all the commotion, all the screaming, all the explosions and glass shattering... there's nary a gasp. In fact, Mabel's grin only seems to widen. Both from their confidence, and their willingness to back it up. Truthfully, this is what she had been hoping for. Someone who wouldn't just keel over and die like a sick puppy. The fact that she's getting such is enough to leave her grinning wickedly.

rsz_0c140078df7a6f2c522e8fd324285b5a__reverse_pine_by_teh_zombish-dbyzkpo.jpg

"My, my... that really is quite the show you've put on," she muses once it's all through, and her other pet has made herself known. "Really... to show such ingenuity, even at the risk of your leader committing suicide? I must say, I wish you all had arrived in this sleepy little town sooner."

She sighs and waves her hand. The moment she does, Jason stands back up - like a marionette having its strings pulled. Upon doing so, he wordlessly throws an electric bolas toward her legs. Should they connect, they would promptly wrap around her legs and shock her - likely downing her.

"Unfortunately, though... I'm not really fond of people taking away my toys. Veronica, dear?" Mabel promptly turns her head. "Can you be a doll and start setting up the chairs? We've still got a show to put on, after all~!"

isupposeimphi isupposeimphi megar megar allegedlydave allegedlydave BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 Jeremiah Jeremiah BoltBeam BoltBeam brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy

rex_banner.png

"Should've snuffin' known...!"

Rex growls as two swords materialise from nothing at his hips, taking off into a run toward Marisa and Jason and drawing his blades at the same time. One gleams a pristine white, the other glows a brilliant red. He tightens his grip and swings for the path of the bolas with the white sword, aiming to cut it in half mid-flight. Should he succeed, he simply stops there, making note of the two enemies now that -- if all has gone to plan -- have him good and surrounded.

isupposeimphi isupposeimphi Twice Knightly Twice Knightly

Last edited:
Marisa.png

Shit, shit shit shit shit!

Marisa's eyes widened as Mabel started talking; she put two and two together near instantly. She had reacted to faster with less warning, so it didn't take an absurd amount of effort for her to drop Veronica and jump back to avoid the Bolas. She flicked the broom back up into the air and landed atop it, the momentum of her jump causing the broom to be pushed back slightly. In that second it took for Marisa to react, Rex had closed the distance and sliced the Bolas clean in two, the two halves carried by momentum away from the two.

Marisa took the Hakkero off of her belt and held it forwards, aiming the magical device at Veronica and grimaced. Damnit, shit! She can't even counterattack here!

"Oi, Rex! Keep Red at bay, yeah?"

Alright, go over what she knows.

The two by her are mind controlled, doesn't seem to be verbal based on earlier, but somethin' else entirely...

Apparently, Red vanished before showin' up again. Same musta happened with the other girl, Veronica. 'Cause, they sure as hell weren't mind controlled when they came in.

It was hardly anything to work with, let alone figure out some kinda counter to!

So, what the hell was she meant to do? Stall for time? How the hell would she do that?

"The hell'dya think your doing, anyways?! The hell kinda show you talking about?!"
Marisa yelled at Mabel.

Last edited:
"Oh, you know..." Mabel's voice trails off with another wave of her hand. Jason turns around on command with little more than a grunt. "You're at the Tent of Telepathy! And brother and I- well, we simply can't delay our weekly show. Especially not when our guests of honor are here in town.~"

Mabel flicks her wrist, causing Veronica to stop setting up the chairs long enough to leap back and fire a barrage of lasers toward Marisa. Jason, meanwhile, takes a more direct approach toward Rex. He runs up and, with all his might, prepares to kick him in his right knee. Should that hit connect, he follows up with a roundhouse kick toward his jaw.

isupposeimphi isupposeimphi allegedlydave allegedlydave megar megar BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 Jeremiah Jeremiah BoltBeam BoltBeam brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy

Marisa.png

A few lasers wasn't anything new or special for Marisa. She'd dealt with far, far worse before. Mounting her broom properly, Marisa weaved between the lasers with a frightening amount of ease.

"What kinda show, huh? You tryna mind control every damn person here or somethin'?!"

Marisa reached into her skirt and pulled three glass ampoules with a shimmering purple and black liquid within out of sheer instinct. She cursed as she shoved them back into her pockets, instead firing a scattering of mostly harmless stars from her hand at the chairs, strong enough to break them, but not enough to do any more then sting if they hit. Veronica was already half-dead, anything stronger would probably actually kill her outright. The least she could do was stall, stall, and stall, and if that meant destroying a few chairs, then that's how it'll be.

rex_banner.png

The first strike hits its mark, prompting a hiss of pain from Rex as he hurls his forearm in the path of the leg hurtling toward his head. Thankfully, his block absorbs most of the impact -- a moment is all it takes for him to recover, rolling his shoulders and chuckling grimly to himself.

"Don't wanna hurt you. Not what I'm about, and even if it was, you're our only snuffin' ticket back. Clever play from the little buggers, eh?"

He holds up his swords... and lets them disappear. In lieu of weapons, he simply assumes a bareknuckle fighting stance.

"So I won't. Not enough that you won't be able to walk it off, at least.

C'mon, then. Have a go if you think you're hard enough."

He breathes slowly, steadily, and begins to circle Jason, waiting for the first telltale sign of an attack.

Twice Knightly Twice Knightly isupposeimphi isupposeimphi megar megar

Jason, of course, does not respond to Rex. He simply rushes forward again before long, at the twirl of Mabel's finger. This time he goes for a harsh elbow toward his windpipe.

"Oh, my, is it that obvious~?" Mabel chuckles in response to Marisa as she weaves through Veronica's lasers. "Mind, it would be dreadfully boring to make all your friends into my pets... but enough so they have to fight each other?" She sighs almost wistfully. "Now that sounds like a show the masses won't soon forget."

When Marisa moves to destroy the chairs, she does so with ease. However, all Mabel has to do is twirl her finger yet again - and more simply appear in their places. Veronica herself, meanwhile, opts for the more direct approach. Both of her hands tighten around the grip of her axe, and after taking a running start, she leaps high into the air to swing it down toward her - or at the very least, her broom.

isupposeimphi isupposeimphi allegedlydave allegedlydave BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 megar megar brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy

ILLUMINA
Interactions: Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara (Lana) | Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Arcade)
Mentions: Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara (Dib)

1701466353443.png
Oh my goodness.

This arcade spot is...

AMAZING!

There are ROWS of these boxes that are all about as tall as Lapis, and they all have screens, and every screen is showing these really colorful, bright images of action or something else- I can't even begin to describe it. The whole place is pretty dark, yeah, like some kind of cave, but all these two-legged not-Pokemon here make it feel like some kind of party. Or maybe even a monster house! They're all super invested in those boxes, though, pressing the buttons on them like their lives depended on it... I wonder what that's all about.

One of them is that big-headed dude, Dib, and he's mad when he sees us. Like, livid. Horribly tilted and enraged. Infuriated, even. I can almost see the steam coming out of his ears. He screams that this area isn't supposed to be explorable and that he isn't supposed to be seen until a few pages from now before running straight through the wall, leaving a hole shaped exactly like him in the process.

Sorry, dear reader, and dear GM, my good fellow Twice Knightly. As an explorer, I make it my job to explore what isn't supposed to be explored.

Kind of curious that no one reacted to that outburst, though. No one other than Dib has even glanced at me or Lana since we came in. We both look oh so horribly out of place, so the fact that no one's noticed and said, 'what in the world (or more appropriately multiverse?) are those things?' makes the whole place feel kind of... off. Everyone's behaving like some kind of... brainless weirdo who can't take their eyes off those screens.

But wait one moment. What's that I spy? I see someone in the back, standing above the rest, literally glowing in the darkness, with a crowd gathered around them? You couldn't make the importance more obvious if you painted a huge sign, held it up and stuffed my face into it!

"Lana, check that out." I motion towards the crowd with my head. "Looks like they've got some kind of celebrity there. I'm gonna go see what's up. Stay close to me, alright?" I narrow my eyes. "And no more stealing, okay?"

With that, I fly my way over to the crowd with my ever-powerful telekinesis, using it to hover above them to get a better view of that glowing figure.

Marisa.png

"Y'reckon controllin' Reimu would work on me?"

Marisa's eyes widened as she watched Veronica jump from ground level up to her. With the axe and the angle of ascent... Marisa dropped her altitude and let go of the broom, only to kick it sideways into Veronica's ribs, completely avoiding the arc of her axe swing doing it. With another twist of wind magic, the errant broom flew back into Marisa's right hand and she regained her position somewhat.

Shit, that girl can JUMP.

Remounting her broom with a flourish, she continued.
"The last time we fought, I beat 'er, fair and square. And you? You sure as hell ain't her!" Marisa taunted Mabel, and also tried to spur Reimu into action. They'd mutually agreed to never bring up the Eternal Night Incident ever again after their last argument, but she'd deal with those consequences later.

Lana

LanaLove.png

Lana could literally not care less about that big headed freak. She didn't even acknowledge his enraged ramblings as she was too focused on all the cool games here. She'd only ever heard of places like this... she's never actually been to one. It was better than she could have ever imagined.... A magical place where only half the machines actually work, overpriced prizes that you'd have to spend your life savings on to even get a chance of winning. and of course the iconic vomit stained rug.... Truly the most arcade like arcade to ever exist... She looked at all the people practically glued to the screens like brainless zombies. Though, to be fair, if she starts playing one of these things she is going to be the exact same way. Lumi began to speak again mentioning something about some famous guy. He told her to come along and to not try stealing anything anymore... truthfully she was barely paying attention as she was a bit preoccupied.
"Wha.... huh...?"

She was in the middle of trying to steal some tokens out of those little arcade token machines.

CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow Twice Knightly Twice Knightly

Reimu Hakurei

Reimu has gone through a lot of emotions in the past minute. Hearing Marisa bring up that incident... that makes Reimu settle for anger. Now she has a point to prove -- she's certainly not about to let Marisa 1-up her.

"Why, you...! You little asshole!"

She'll just be the smarter one here and go straight for the source.

Reimu's grip on her gohei tightens as she guns it striaght towards Mabel, her grip looking like she's almost planning to choke the woman out with little more than paper streamers.

ILLUMINA
Interactions: Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara (Lana) | Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Arcade)

1701467699469.png
I can literally feel her stealing those coins in my fur. Espeon special ability, don't worry about it.

My sheathed sword flies out of my belt and gently whaps her on the head. Wouldn't even hurt, it's just a 'you know I can see you, right' reminder.

rex_banner.png

Rex is quick to intercept the blow, tying up Jason's elbow joint and using his own momentum to drag him into a right hook clear across his helmeted jaw. Rex's fist throbs from the impact as he steps away, shaking the pain out of his hand in the little reprieve he'd hoped to buy himself.

Twice Knightly Twice Knightly

When Lumi floats over to get a good look at the glowing figure, what he finds is... well, just that.

7332625-rumble%27s%20sprite.gif

The figure is quite literally glowing. He's almost like a living, breathing lightbulb with how well he seems to light up the area. And he has some kind of inability to stand still, considering how he's just sort of bouncing in place. If either Lana or Lumi are paying attention, though, they may even notice that he looks oddly similar to those people in the arcade machines. Like, it's almost as if he hopped right out of one...

CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara

Josuke_banner.png
"It's not that weird for us to all get split up, right? It's not like we know where everyone's went. I wouldn't worry!"

Josuke brushes the whole thing off with ease -- if anything, he seems more concerned with the burned patch of grass, lowering himself down to a knee and placing his hand on it. As he lets out a curious hum, the ground almost seems to glitter for a moment. It doesn't take long after that for what was once burned to seemingly return, the faint ashes that was once grass returning to green like nothing had happened at all.

"Ah, great. I wouldn't want any kind of forest fire or something to break out while we're here... talk about a bad look."

He straightens back up and lets out a relieved sigh. All better.

"Anyways! It couldn't hurt to go and check on everyone, but it's not something we need to stress over."

"I mustn't run away, I mustn't run away, I mustn't run away...!"
Shinji.png

Never thought that he would say it, but this is one of the few moments where Shinji's actually relieved to see Asuka angry at him. Even as the girl glares at him, he can't help but feel this small sense of...comfort. Hell, if things had kept up, he might have even cracked a smile, but Asuka was quick to shut that down as soon as she grabbed a hold of his wrist and started dragging him along, having him nearly trip on his own steps and let out a yelp of surprise.

Right before he's even able to whine about how her grip's a little too tight for his liking, Asuka marches up to two other people-- One being the man she was talking to earlier, who she mentioned happened to be a doctor (how convenient!), and the other being a black-haired man with a very threatening aura around him. Now that he thinks about it, he might have heard him bickering with one of the locals earlier, but he didn't really catch what he was talking to them about. Still had his mind occupied back then with the immediate distrust and chaos that was starting to get a hold of the group, after all.

Of course, Shinji would have been more than happy to introduce himself to the two men, but that request from Asuka didn't really set a good atmosphere. There's no way that Shinji could just let Asuka willingly deny help from a medic in the group just so he could stay safe, but just like how she knew he wouldn't have changed his mind from her protests, Shinji knows Asuka well enough to know she'll just slug him if he tries to object to that offer.

The boy opens his mouth to speak to the men, but after taking notice of the doctor's lack of movement and the white and red bird sitting on the other man's head...wait, why is it white? Not a lot of birds have a lot of red hair...except robins, but what he could tell, that was a dove, and the red seemed more akin to a splatter of-- Okay, time to shut that idea down, he's already wincing at the thought. "U-Uhm..." Shinji decides to just give a small bow as a greeting, though not so far down as to yank Asuka into one with him.

Responding to: Twice Knightly (Asuka Langley Soryu), allegedlydave (Ling Yao|Greed), Sir Skrubbins (Dr. Ludwig/Medic)

The broom colliding against Veronica's ribs is enough to send her falling off her path. She adjusts her stance so that her knee collides with the ground, followed by her hands. She's quick to stand back up - a burst of speed is all it takes before she's off again. Axe in hand, she doesn't hesitate to slice it sideways toward Marisa's throat.

The streamers, meanwhile, do little to actually harm Mabel at all. As in they quite literally miss her entirely. Before they can even get near her body, they simply... stop mid-air and fall to the ground, as if they'd bounced off of something. Mabel didn't even move an inch. In fact, it's almost like she didn't even notice them at all. She seems far more invested in the fights that her 'pets' are putting up.

Rex's knock against Jason's helmet is enough to send him stumbling back with a grunt. But like Veronica, he's quick to recover. The moment he does, he rushes Rex again. This time, he aims for an uppercut to his gut. Should that connect, he promptly follows up with an uppercut aimed to send him falling to the ground.

isupposeimphi isupposeimphi megar megar allegedlydave allegedlydave BoltBeam BoltBeam BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy

rex_banner.png

Jason feels a sensation akin to throwing a punch at a mountainside. Though Rex's body does buckle from the force, he pushes through the pain and shoves Jason's second blow away with his palm, leading Jason into another left hook bound for his jaw. Should this one find its mark, Rex grasps the collar of Jason's jacket as he comes away, taking the time to throw another pair of well-placed strikes at Jason's head.

Twice Knightly Twice Knightly

Lana

LanaPout.png

She just groaned n annoyance as she was smacked over the head by Lumi... Does he really expect them to come here and NOT play these things??? She's just trying to a morally justified thing by taking a few tokens to use. It's not like they had the money to get some 'legally'. Either way, she rolled her eyes as she turned around and walked over to where Lumi was. She looked up to see... another freak. She was getting pretty tired of this. The irony seemed to be completely lost on her that she herself was a freak compared to the more normal people around here.

....if normal was the right word to call anybody here.

That's when she glanced over at one of the other arcade cabinets. Wait a second.... is that... the same guy...? She looked back at the guy. Then the cabinet. Guy. Cabinet. Guy. Cabinet....

She did this for an uncomfortably long time before looking directly at Lumi with a sense of wonder and glee in her eyes as she pointed directly at the video game man. Lumi should hit her over the head again.

lana soy.png

CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow Twice Knightly Twice Knightly

Byakuya Togami

A low, affirmative hum escapes Byakuya in thought. Yes, he thought it was a somewhat familiar face -- that's how he came to his conclusion to begin with. Though, the question further remains: how did Orbeck get here? It is one he waits almost patiently for an answer for.

When he receives it, he simply nods.

"Within some reason. I won't claim to understand the conveniences that led you here on your own, but there are enough of us. And, as you can see, new faces, as well."

The extra confirmation that something isn't right here is also welcome. He knew that much, of course, but it being acknowledged by someone here for longer helps him start to put a better picture together. Of course, he doesn't quite yet have enough to go off of, but... that is what investigating is for, after all. He'd rather let the others deal with the woman upstairs -- he has little patience for such people -- while he speaks with someone more cooperative.

"I'll hear what you've got, Orbeck. Tell me everything you've come to learn since you've ended up here."

Marisa.png
Alright, Reimu was in the game now! She wasn't lookin' forward to the conversation later... but that's future Marisa's problem.

"You're so goddamn stubborn!" Marisa complained as Veronica prepared to leap back up with axe in hand, now aiming for her neck rather then her broom. took the Mini-Hakkero from her belt. Grabbing the heft of her Her Broom, Marisa pulled straight to the side, slipping right under the axe blade by a hair. Marisa charged the Hakkero...

Instead of the typical magicannon affair of Master Spark and its related spells, this was more akin to a pulse of magic. There was no pain, no injury at all, but there was knockback - lots and lots of knockback. It was like being hooked by a bullet train with the sheer, sudden momentum that slammed into Veronica. It was more then enough momentum to send Veronica careening across, and out, of the Enclosure in an near straight line.

She didn't know how far it'd send her, but it'd be far enough, she hoped. It's not like she was being terribly conservative.

ILLUMINA

1701471300287.png
That's a funny face. It makes me giggle.

No, I am not hitting her on the head again.

But for real, I've been following Lana's gaze for a while to come to the same conclusion she has (probably). This guy really does look like he jumped out of one of those boxes. He certainly doesn't look like everyone else here by any stretch of imagination. Could it be...? That would explain why he's glowing, I guess. Maybe he's the equivalent of a Legendary Pokemon among these creatures, who knows? Trick question, because I'm about to find out.

My sword slides back into my belt as I tap the person in front of me's shoulder. "Excuse me," I start politely, as quiet as I can be amidst the crowd. "Me and the Braixen- other furry thing, yellow fur with two legs- we're tourists around here. We were wondering who that guy with the bandana and the belt is." I point right at the pixelated man with my paw.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back