• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Before Leo could even get an answer to his question, a lamp broke thanks to that boy he bumped into a few seconds ago. And then after that, it was revealed that the guy he knows has some kind of critter with him as well. Only this one talks? Does the other one talk, too? Man... honestly, now he just feels bad for not bringing Sonic along. He's pretty sure that he'd get along well with all these guys... but oh, well. You live and you learn.

leo.jpg

"No, I... think that was him," Leo responds to the bipedal talking silver hedgehog, pointing toward Sage as he does so. "But... it was an accident, I think? I hope it was, anyway." The alternative would be pretty rude, he thinks. His attention quickly turns back to Alexis, who's introducing... yeah, he guessed right, it's her kid. Again, he's seen far weirder. This hardly comes as any surprise to him. Soon enough, she's bonding with the other guy about his cat. Leo has to hold back a sigh... now he really wishes he'd brought Sonic along.

"Hi, Gideon. I'm Leo."

He raises his hand in greeting, before raising the other to take a bite out of his burger.

QizPizza QizPizza Thexcentrichilean Thexcentrichilean bluefrostie2 bluefrostie2 Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

195c0589fc0a5c12ff1bf2e0c279531d10a19512.png

Asuka can't help but smile along as Medic tells his story. Compared to what she went through as a Pilot... it's not really all that impressive. But after witnessing the Third Impact firsthand, something like that sounds almost fantastical to her. It's like an adventure out of a book instead of the grueling war she fought for nothing.

"You even joined a band?" Asuka finds herself repeating. "The closest I ever got to something like that was this dance training I had to do..."

Asuka thinks back to that day. Had that really been the last day she felt truly happy? It feels like that. Back then, it annoyed her, having to do such unimportant tasks all because Shinji couldn't cooperate with her. But looking back, now... she wishes that she got to have at least one more day like that. A part of her does, anyway. But maybe it's for the best that she doesn't. She doesn't really deserve it, after all. Not after everything else.

She'd been so lost in her reminiscing that she almost didn't notice his response. Wounded? It takes her a moment to process it. Without realizing it, her good hand found its fingers gently pressed into her eyepatch. The sensation allows the rest of her mind to catch up, and the moment that happens, Asuka lets out a little gasp. Right... she had been wounded, huh? Her last major battle... hasn't exactly been something she's keen on remembering. But no matter what, she can't hide the scars from that battle will remain clear for everyone to see.

d093fed37a126b447746f00cef80f03f3f736b31.png

Her expression turns to one of more bewilderment as the beam shoots toward her. For whatever reason, she doesn't even try to move out of the way. Well, she knows why. It's the fact that she was too bewildered by what he was even doing to do it in time. She registers it right before it makes contact with her skin. All she can do then is flinch, but of course, that's pretty futile. She can't tell if her heart racing is out of fear or if it's something that the doctor is doing to her. All she knows is that she feels like she's going to faint from the sudden burst of adrenaline burst.

What little concentration she can muster is used to look down at her own scars. It's with a wide eye that she watches them begin to heal. One by one, they fade away, replaced by the perfect skin she knew she once had. By the end of it all, she's left panting and looking herself over. In disbelief, she starts patting herself down. But as she suspected, she no longer feels the coarse, rough tissue of her mistakes. Instead, all her fingers do is brush against her skin. Her brow furrows as she squeezes a little bit harder.

Her hands run down to her stomach, where she had been eviscerated.

Nothing.

One travels up to her eyepatch and slips beneath the fabric.

Still, nothing. The eye isn't back... but now, the scar is gone, too.

Hesitantly, Asuka gulps, as she refocuses her attention on The Medic.

"What did you just... do...?"

Sir Skrubbins Sir Skrubbins

• Todd returns Price's gesture, speaking with confidence and lax. He's wearing a red hood- obviously, so Price can't see his face, but he seems young. Young, not naive, and not inexperienced, he knows what a good leader looks like whether or not he's done it extensively before. It's difficult to tell how much his confidence is real and how much he's putting on. After all, a leader must keep up morale and ensure the team keeps their faith in them. Price knows well, however, that it doesn't really matter how scared he is. Courage isn't the absence of fear, but doing what's necessary despite it. The weight of the multiverse was just placed on Todd's shoulders and he's still standing on two feet. That's more than enough to earn Price's respect.

"We'll get the bastards," Price gives him a firm nod as their handshake ends. "Sir."

To Lazarus' introduction, he was glad to hear the man's credentials. Not just a soldier (or marine, in this case), Gunnery Sergeant Lazarus Huang, but MARSOC, having worked closely with the British special forces in the past, including the SAS. "I hope I live up to the expectations, then, Sergeant. I'm glad to see you on the team." Price, it goes without saying, has no idea what the Department of Metahuman Affairs is. But if it requires members decked to the nines with gear like his, it's likely a department like the FBI or CIA for "metahumans", with its security/military wing for situations that require more force. Either way, it means that Sergeant Huang has experience with the supernatural, which will come in handy here.

"There's lots of different. . . characters around here, but it pays to stick together regardless. There's a few other MPF agents I've worked closely with, you'll get to meet one of them soon," Price looks around, gestures to Aloy, and again glances at the ashen-haired woman on the sidelines, who had previously returned his acknowledgement. On the note of meeting people, Price decides to call over to her. "Oi," he starts, rather unceremoniously, "are you going to stand there all day, brooding?" Hopefully she doesn't mind the banter.

Shortly after their introductions- in fact, immediately after, a large green turtle begins stomping its way towards the cluster. He's moving quickly (quick), and directs his apparent anger at one person: Jason Todd. He starts yelling something about Lucky, a rabbit (derogatory) who Price has tried very hard to remove from his memory. Surprisingly, the turtle's anger is soon quelled by an odd kid who refers to himself in the 3rd person, "Dib". Price is left briefly dumb until Todd gives the kid some food, shaking his head as Lazarus questions Todd.

"Your dad dropped you off?" Price asks Dib. "How old are you, kid?" He then turns his attention and addresses Todd. "And bloody hell'd you do to that turtle that's got him so cross?" A part of him doesn't even want to know, but if the turtle (who was quick) is going to be an issue later, it's better Price knows now.

The Great and Powerful Trixie!
Twice Knightly Twice Knightly jigglesworth jigglesworth

large.gif

Don't get her wrong. Trixie was eternally grateful to be somewhere that wasn't being invaded by those horrid things. She was even willing to declare her savior as the Great and Powerful Savior! They'd even get a percentage of magic show earnings (if Trixie felt generous enough)!

But what the HAY did this bipedal, fur-less and snout-less creature mean by anything? She understood his explanation of course—it sounded like something Twilight and her friends would get up to on a weekend—but why was Trixie a part of it?!

Not that that was a bad thing; she was Great and Powerful for a reason, obviously...!

Trixie trotted over to one of the apparent leaders, Jason. She kept the rim of her hat shaded over her eyes, still not comfortable around these definitely-not-ponies. Was she going to have to tilt her neck up every time she needed to talk to them?

A turtle thing yelled at him about a Lucky something. A definitely-not-pony—wait, he has at least some fur on his face, and he talked kind of like Rarity! A probably-not-pony? Grasping at straws or not, this allowed Trixie the air of confidence that usually exuded her.

Staring up at Jason and his ominous Red Hood, Trixie loudly cleared her throat. "The great and powerful Trixie would like some answers, mister! Now, I'm sure you made the best possible judgment you could have in the moment, and don't get me wrong, the great and powerful Trixie is pleased that you knew my prowess well enough to whisk me here... but WHY?!" Trixie grabbed her snout shut, forcing herself to breathe deeply through her nose. "I mean, why did you not also bring the literal Princess of Friendship?! Or anypony else! My great and powerful friend, Starlight is really good at magic, trust me, she saved the world that one time—and I did too, I suppose, but that's beside the point! Or Discord! He can make pigs actually fly!"

Trixie's eyes were twitching, demanding something to work with.

Josuke Higashikata

"Hear that, buddy? He said these are hand-spun! You gotta try one of 'em."

Of course, hearing how good the burgers are in kind means he has to try them, too, so he puts the milkshake down and gazes upon the burger in all of its majesty. It... does just look like a normal burger, if he's being honest? But you can't really go wrong with that, can you?

So he takes it into both hands, and he takes a bite.

image.png

Mid-bite -- very delicious bite, mind -- he looks up on the very loud noise. That looks like a blue pony in a wizard hat. Crazy.

Josuke returns to enjoying his burger without a care in the world.

2560px-Black_Rock_Shooter_logo.svg.png

378-3784488_brs-main-black-rock-shooter-png.png

“I’m much more used to working by myself or with a smaller group than this so I’m inclined to agree.”

"Then that is a sentiment we share - although, I'm not particularly well adjusted to groups, personally." She said quite matter-of-factly: after all, not only is this her first proper 'visit' to anything close to what the real world is (or was?), working with other people isn't something she typically does. She seemed quite relieved that her newfound friend had followed her to the table which was lined with food items, and watched with a contented look on her face as she helped herself. She took another bite out of her burger while Naoto indulged in her own food - and the conversation yet continued.

“Before I go any further, introductions are in order if we’re going to be working together. My name is Naoto Shirogane, I’m a detective back home."

Introductions - fair enough, it would only make sense to know who you're working with - dealing with. She nodded in acknowledgement as Naoto introduced herself. "A detective, you say? I trust you've got your hands full already, then." Now, that latter part was meant to be a little joke - but a detective? Her curiosity was piqued - this isn't quite what she expected, but why would she expect it? All of the people here are so different compared to back home - and any one of them could be... more or less anything. "As for myself... I don't exactly have a 'conventional' name, so to speak. It's a bit of a mouthful, too - so to make things a bit easier, just call me Rock."

She then went silent as Naoto responded to her latter question - and sure enough, she knew... just as much about this mess as anyone else, really. Although there was no shame in that - it was at least good to know they were on the same page. "There's so many questions, and not enough answers." She told Naoto as flatly as ever. "It's hard to say for sure - how are we to know, right? Apart from what he has done to all of our homes, we don't really know anything about him - other than he clearly had the power to reduce the lot of them to nothing but power spots." As she speaks, it seems like she is getting a little agitated as she thinks about the possibilities - it is practically impossible to predict Ganondorf's next move.

With power like that to overwhelm everyone here, he could be doing just about anything! He could be a one man army, or have an army to surpass all of them tenfold - perhaps his new territories are unguarded, but why would he do that? There are just too many questions and not enough answers - thinking about all of them is making her head hurt already! She manages to settle back down and shakes her head. "There's just... too many questions. I hate to say it, but we may as well be preparing for the worst."

“While we’re on the topic, how are we going to remove the corruption? Unless defeating the one employed there gets rid of it which would make our job easier, we have no idea how to remove it. If you had to take a guess, how do you think we could remove it should defeating the one employed there not be enough to remove the corruption?”

That... Was a very good question. One she didn't really have any answers for - and presumably, neither did anyone else... as far as she knew, of course. She took a deep breath and sighed, shrugging with uncertainty. "...As of right now? We don't know." She spoke flatly as if she was disappointed - but this was one of the things that was not detailed earlier. "I'd imagine that's one of the things we'll have to discover later - it may be on a case-by-case basis, but it could be possible we just need to do the same thing every time. We just don't know until we get there."
Hex Code: #487ea8
Font: Tahoma
Status (physically): Fine
Status (mentally/emotionally): Fine
Items: Rock Cannon (inactive), Black Blade (inactive), Watch (inactive, on right wrist)
Skills/Abilities: Superhuman strength, speed, and durability
Course of action: THONK/FOOOOOOOOD!
Interactions: Naoto TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher
Mentions: None
Nearby/In Group: Pretty much everybody

Byakuya Togami

All the while, Byakuya simply listens. His impassive expression does not budge, but his gaze remains firm as he listens to every word. He doesn't even really seem to react to it. It's hard to say if he's even taking any of it in at all. Even that faint wind doesn't seem to bother him, and all he does in response to it is adjust his glasses.

It's only as the Wanderer walks away that Byakuya lets out what sounds like a sigh.

"Has he never heard of introducing oneself normally?"

It wasn't as though he was bragging when he identified himself. That is just a fact of who he is -- no different to how anybody else made themselves known. For a moment he wonders if his tone was too biting nonetheless, but... he equally decides, with a roll of his eyes, that he has no need to cater to people like that. He did as Josuke had asked him. There is nothing to prove at this stage, at any rate. It's a foolish request -- is he supposed to fight his intended allies to show his apparent worth? What a waste that would be.

Still, he appreciates that the Wanderer was at least not stupid enough to waste his time any further. Byakuya is happy to appreciate the quiet.

Though he expects something to come up again sooner or later, anyway...

(open for interactions)

I5nZz18.png

The man could only show a slightly troubled smile at a fellow parent who seemed to be in the same situation. He grabbed the tail and casually did a handshake gesture, he has dealt with weirder and...
Again, there was an odd sense of familiarity with all of this.

"The name is Hershel, this is Irin" as he mentioned the name, he patted the child's head, who, seemingly unconsciously, started popping out cat ears and a tail from her humanoid form, both of them moving happily... but this stop, and they stiffed as she started looking at the new stranger and the other child. She looked quite apprehensive at the moment, yet ddly enough, she didn't seem to mind the phoenix descendant at all.
"..." She started clinging onto her father once more without saying a word, merely looking at Alexis with worry and some fear

"Apologies... my girl is pretty shy. If anything, its good that she is only clinging instead of hiding... I guess those with mystical roots can recognize each other?" The man chuckled at the thought as he tightly embraced his daughter back, trying to make her feel safe

"Oddly enough, she is usually not one for mischief compared to her siblings, so I was surprised to find her here... ow, Irin?" His words were interrupted by the sudden sting the man felt on his arms, and he saw his child digging her nails into his coat... surprisingly sharp

"...papa has been dumb, not playing with Irin lately!!" The child sounded indignant as her frustrations spilled out, her grip becoming gentler

"...sorry Irin, I've been... a bit too caught up with my work lately... its still no good to sneak into things like this though, Dad's job can be quite dangerous or long!"

The man wanted to keep trying to explain things to his child, but as he continued, the little half-yokai started pouting, her eyes becoming teary with frustration

"...haaaa. What am I going to do with you?" A sigh of defeat escaped his lips, before giving the girl a little kiss on the forehead and a ruffling of her hair, to which both tail and ears twitched happily

As the purring in the background intensified, the man finally was able to address the rest of individuals around himself
"Leo was it? Thank you for bringing food. I am not in a hurry to eat, but everyone knows that for long quests, one should be well fed!" He smiles with encouragement at Leo as the young man attempted to interact with the other non-human child

"I can offer some sweets after the main meal is done, if any of you would prefer. I started experimenting with hard caramel as of late due to some my children being interested, and I quite like the results of the sweets I got for it- Ah, before I forget" Before he started becoming any further sidetracked, Hershel dug into the pouch at his waist with one hand skillfully, pulling out... more pouches. five in total, and one looked far heavier than the other.

Hershel placed the two lighter ones on the hand of his child with a quick "Hold this dear" To which he got a cute nod from Irin.

The heavier one was offered to the creator of the watches, and victim of the mishap of the phoenix child
"Here... I can't fathom the price, but there are some magical gems of decent quality in this pouch. That should suffice for this and other possible mishaps that may occur"
Hershel flashed an apologetic smile towards the young inventor girl, before turning to the rest of the group

"Oh, and the candy is made out of sugar, some lemon juice and mint, very good palate cleansers for later"

Interactions: (sage) Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun , (Leo and Shuri) Twice Knightly Twice Knightly , (Alexis + Guideon) QizPizza QizPizza , (Silver) bluefrostie2 bluefrostie2

Last edited:

Marisa Kirisame ~ Ordinary Magician

1aefb8ba370085e75023ffd285fb5014.jpg

"Rex, eh?" Marisa sat down and set her plate infront of her. Immediately, she kicked her feet up under the desk and leaned back in her chair, striking a precarious yet seemingly mastered balance. She let the name roll around her head for a second before speaking back up. "Never heard a name like that 'fore... Well, it's good t' meet'cha, Rex!" She put both four chair legs back on the ground as she smiled openly at the Driver.

"Name's Marisa," She looked as Reimu got up to get her own food, leaving the table to just them for now. "Little miss grouchy pants over there is Reimu. Be nice to 'er, she's not the best with strangers, 'kay? But not like, too nice 'else she'll think you're bein' creepy." She said, all hush-hush before Reimu returned, plate of food in hand.

Putting another fry in her mouth, Marisa speaks again.
"So, Rex! You ever seen a place like this 'fore?" She only then swallows. "Nothin' like home, personally. Well, apparently it's all closed off, so it's kinda like home in that way."

Marisa had noticed Reimu's eyes; her pupils were the size of dinner plates as she slowly chewed on the single bite of burger she'd eaten so far.

Shit, was it that good, or was Reimu that deprived of a decent meal?

Something in the air shifted.

db2x34k-6389fc6d-ebed-4f4f-b177-b8ecb4d93355-4283427641.png

The instant before Marisa could open her mouth to ask Reimu about the hamburger delight, a familiar gap in reality opens directly in front of Marisa. Out of it, comes a single bamboo broom; dead, yet there seemed to be a tiny sprout growing on the end. The velocity of it coming though is enough to knock Marisa off her chair and to the ground.

She stands up next to immediately with an 'ow!'

It was Marisa's broom; the one she'd used since childhood.
Notably, the broom reeks of expired perfume. On it was a singular post-it note, the words on it written in overly fancy calligraphy.

"You forgot this."

Marisa sighed. She knew exactly who sent this - not like it was exactly difficult to tell. Worse, she knew she'd forgotten something important; it was this or the Hakkero. She didn't want to have to owe a favour to Yukari, but she did kinda owe her for this one...

"Right! Let's just, pretend that didn't happen, yeah?" Marisa stood her chair back up and sat back down, now leaning her broom against the table. "Reimu! How's that outside world food treatin' ya?"

megar megar allegedlydave allegedlydave

Razputin Aquato
Interactions: megar megar (Josuke Higashikata), Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (T'Challa)
latest.png

Raz freezes as T'Challa mentions their hand-spun milkshakes, slowly turning to him as his smile fades - he seems to be disregarding Josuke's remark as well.

1701024429145.png

"...you put your HANDS in there?"

He may be stupid.​

Razputin Aquato
Interactions: megar megar (Josuke Higashikata), Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (T'Challa)
latest.png

"Then why is it called hand-spun?"

Razputin is beginning to have doubts about the sanitation of whatever kitchen this food came from.

Razputin Aquato
latest.png

Oh.

He clears his throat, looking to the side in embarrassment.

"...it should be called tool-spun then, not hand-spun. Hand-spun is very misleading."

Jin Ming - Spider-Lily
Interactions: FoolsErin FoolsErin (Hobie Brown - Spider-Punk)
66941697_ff1ZYtyaJ7htiI2 (1).png

Ming blinks, turning her head back towards Spider-Punk's voice. "Manners are something you can just believe in?" She questions, tilting her head a little. Usually, at least in the teen's experience, you're moreso meant to follow them through to the end... probably some sort of rebel thing, who knows! Spider-Lily was even further baffled by Hobie's response when it came to her question, mostly the Scooby-Doo part... well, it sounded familiar, but not enough for her to put a finger right on it. Being sheltered outside of general heroics will do that to you, unfortunately. Still, it didn't seem as though Hobie had an answer, so she didn't mind moving on.

Man, Hobie really was just confusing her further and further, especially with what he asked - what society was he talking about? An eye lense of hers widens as the other narrows slightly, as though she had one brow raised and the other furrowed. "Who's Miguel?" She asks simply, then turning fully towards Spider-Punk, but not bothering to raise her face to meet wherever his gaze may be. "I work for Fa- Jin Xiao, if that's what you mean... why do you ask?" She's quick to correct herself, to uphold formalities and the like.

And then, she pops the question, deciding it would be a good chance before they get too deep into their conversaion.

"And why do you feel so... familiar, almost? Like you're, well, like me."

"Yes, that would be the dream..." Shuri responds to Minthara with a sigh as she moves to grab a broom. She promptly begins to sweep up the pieces of broken lamp, "Although first, it would probably be a boon for some of you to learn the meaning of 'collateral damage'..."

Jeremiah Jeremiah

"I- I don't know," Jason responds to the questions regarding that silly green tortoise. "It could have something to do with that time I went to space? The lizard we fought there was just a larger, scarier version of him. The kid was there, too. I don't know what the fuck he's doing here."

Jason sighs. This is already off to an agonizing start. He isn't exactly given any time to breathe, either. A few seconds later, a talking blue pony in some wizard hat approaches him, spouting equal measures of nonsense. Well, okay, not equal. He can at least understand where she's coming from... and he actually recognizes this one. Needing all the help you can get means that you can't really be picky on whether or not the help is human. She's magic, that comes in handy. And it's basically all he knows. The MPF can't have detailed files on everyone in the Multiverse, after all.

tumblr_inline_n9mdxfIMVL1s81zze.png

"I don't know who those people are."

His response is as blunt as they come.

StaidFoal StaidFoal QizPizza QizPizza jigglesworth jigglesworth Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher

Dib

Dib began to scream as he was handed not only a burger….. but fries…… AND a milkshake. Could this quite possibly be the best day of his life? He was almost as quick as Koopa the Quick (quick) when it came to snatching the food from Jason. He immediately dug into that tasty burger…. Mmm….. it was then that he noticed another person began speaking to him. Two people speaking to him? This has to be a personal record……. He looked up at this… Price fellow with a mouthful of burger. He didn’t even chew with his mouth closed

“I am DIB!!!! I am…….. 12 years old.”

he held up two fingers.

Twice Knightly Twice Knightly jigglesworth jigglesworth

• Naoto Shirogane
    ━━━━━━━ ● ━━━━━━━
    BoltBeam BoltBeam

The name the girl gave, Rock, wasn’t a name she had heard before in her life but then again on this journey she’d have to hear unfamiliar and unconventional names. “It’s nice to meet you Rock-san.” Another chip was ingested before speaking any further. “I do—or rather they were full before coming here.”

Rock shared her feelings on the matter of there being too many questions and very little answers. Do the others feel the same way as them? She’d certainly hope so, she doubted that everyone would be content with the little information they were all given. Naoto gave Rock a little smile. “I’m glad to see that we both agree that there’s so very little we don’t know about this, Rock-san.”

Now for the answer to the question she asked her new friend. It was an answer that she mostly expected. “I see. This, I expected as much. It’s the only thing we can do at the moment.” Five seconds of silence go by. “But enough about our circumstances! If we talk about this, we may end up going in circles. May I ask about where you come from and your profession?”

They had time, they might as well take this chance to at least learn some things about each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back