• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here

Marisa Kirisame ~ Ordinary Magician

1aefb8ba370085e75023ffd285fb5014.jpg
"Don't think of it as some dubious outside world food, think of it as a new experience! Like an import!" Marisa put her hands behind her head oncemore. Sure, it didn't look, smell, or probably even taste like anything she's ever had before. Well, she could compare it to a few things, but it'd be disingenuous at best. She looked over at Reimu as she commented about it's potentially being 'unsafe for human consumption', as if that was ever a concept in the mind of Marisa Kirisame. "Well, everyone elses's scarfin' it down like it's the end of the world. Think that's about as about a glowing recommendation as 'ya can get."

It was hard not to notice the immense shadow casted over the two girls mere moments later. Turning around to face the source, Marisa was met with the visage of a muscular man around six and a half feet all if she was eyeballing it correctly. A man about twice her width, and made of nothing but muscle. She had to take nearly a full step back and look almost straight up just to properly meet his eye, an awkward thing to do when you've got a big ol' hat on your head you've gotta hold onto.

"s'a good thing you're standin' there, then. No way's even a mote of wind gonna get through 'ya." Marisa quipped back good naturedly at the absolutely immense man who'd decided to talk with them. Reimu looked mildly incensed, but she's got a history with strangers; considerin' half of them try to beat her up when they first meet. Not like she was any luckier, but, y'know, it's justification. With her unoccupied hand, she took one of the plates offered. Looking down for a moment, Marisa picked up a single chip and ate it without a care in the world. Golden eyes lit up as the unfamiliar taste hit her all at once. Shortly after, she elbowed Reimu. "If this kills me, then I'm dyin' satisified." She joked. "Thanks, huge guy!" Marisa thanked the unfamiliar stranger.

megar megar allegedlydave allegedlydave

Rex

"No worries, lass," Rex says, folding his arms and smiling bashfully as he does. "Chuffed as I am to hear it, 'huge guy' is gonna be a bit of a gobful, eh? Name's Rex. Nice to meet ya."

He nods his head toward the table, moreso the chairs strewn around it.

"Come on, let's get sat down. Times like these, least we can do is take a load off our backs. Plus, it's gonna be a right pain in the arse scranning all that stood up, ain't it?" Rex chuckles to himself and sets off toward the table with a determined enthusiasm in his step. It's by the time he's set up three chairs for the newfound trio that they realise, given a moment's respite from it all--

He didn't get a plate for himself.

megar megar isupposeimphi isupposeimphi

Reimu Hakurei
Oh, just ignore her, does he? Reimu clenches her fists in a huff... which is promptly calmed by Marisa's light elbow. It's not worth getting too worked up over right now, is it? She knows she's tense, but... Reimu isn't sure if she'll ever understand how Marisa can just take this stuff so easily. Is she just too trusting? All the more reason they need to stick together, probably...

Her caution makes her narrow her gaze.

"...Look, I can get my own food."

She sets the plate back down, almost shoving it in Rex's direction before turning to make one just for herself. She gets the same things on her own plate, before finally sitting herself down with a resigned sigh. The things she has to deal with sometimes...

Absentmindly does she take a bite out of the burger, to which she promptly stops completely dead in her tracks, staring down at it, still in her mouth, with widened eyes.

Archer

"Indeed," Archer says, taking T'Challa's hand and shaking it firmly. "You fight your battle, and I'll fight mine. Until then, Your Majesty."

Archer turns on his heel after giving T'Challa a firm nod of respect, and before long, his body begins to shimmer in the same azure motes that heralded him. His being fades from view altogether in time, leaving only the motes of energy drifting away in the wind.

Twice Knightly Twice Knightly

dc99caa-37f06a65-4e92-4193-8890-c1f36fc1718e.png

Mood: Stubborn, Awkward, Distracted
Tags:
@Twice Knightly (GM and Leo)
, ,
QizPizza QizPizza (Alexis)

-Art Credits--

Chiaki Morisawa Fanart [スタろぐ④] by ますぎ, minimally tweaked

Fire Flames Texture by arundel
Golden Floral Pattern from PNGkit,
original artist PaperElement?

Divider Set #02 by NorasFed, edited by me​

ddyn6ar-85543c1e-f0dc-4919-a2c3-247912c79048.png
"If you want to put it on, maybe I should help you, Sey?"

Indeed, Hershel's offer hadn't been entirely out of place, the Pyromancer having barely decided which arm to put it on when he had approched. Why did that even take so long? His other one already has the armlet strapped to it, come on!! Though, his response was not the expected one, as Sage seemed to simply dismiss it:

"Oh no, don't worry, I got it..!", only to proceed to struggle with the band... Again and again and again- Ahhh close! And finally, "Aha!", that took so much longer than-

[THUMP!], there went that thought, gone with the wiiiind--

Seeing the surprising amount of cargo that another boy had been holding, his first instinct had been to offer to help- But it was no longer needed when he had moved; Awkardly flinching back trying to hide it. Ahahahaha, Gods, he sucks at this, huh? Embarassed, it was time to glance back and see who-

"HERSHEL??!"

Too much surprise. A lamp cannot take it and shatters on the spot. ...Wonderful, just- woonderful...!

"I mean, Man! it's been a while!", making it worse- Making it so much worse. Don't swing your arm like that, oh Gods. Drop it all, drop.it! "So uh, didn't expect to run into you again this soon...! Even if you, did kinda offer me a room... And I live there... So it, probably hasn't even been more than a day...??"

"Kill me." He's so tense?? "It's a friend! ...Acquaintance? EVEN SO...!"

Magic.
It was nothing new of course, with so many people from so many different corners of the Multiverse, this was bound to happen. It's just... It was such a powerful reading??? That was rare! There was no mistaking it, it could just be something similar to his own; Inherent, related to one's blood and existence!

That was exciting! And scary- What if he had been followed or something??

"Uh... hey...! Who's that little guy ya got there?"

Little...? Oh no, did a child mistakenly get brought here?? This situation is absolutely not for chil-- A-Awwwww...!!

"Foxes!", ...you were saying?

"Hello, little one! How did you get here...?", Sage, the mom. Stop waving at the child and look up! Sage, you completely forgot about the mom!!

Ahh, he'll notice that soon enough...

Last edited:
Razputin Aquato
Interactions: megar megar (Josuke Higashikata)
1Qysok9.png
"A physical manifestation of your life energy... wow!" Razputin echoes, in awe of what Josuke did know about these Stands, even if said knowledge was limited. "So it's your soul, so to speak - and it has powers!" He plants his fist into his palm as he comes to this conclusion. "Y'know, I can do something similar too via mental projection! But everyone can see my Archetype when I do, though - not that it's an issue... much." He'll never forget being called ugly by Doodle Raz. Never...

As Leo brings the food, Raz's expression lights up. Man, he really could use a snack right about now, there's so much to go around too! The Junior Psychonaut follows behind Josuke, grabbing a burger and digging in!

Huh... it was way, WAY better than the burgers at Whispering Rock! Raz hums contentedly, swallowing the bite he took. "It really is great! Way better than past burgers I've had - no offense to the chef of said past burgers." He laughs.

Sorry Ford, you'll just have to up your game - possibly quite literally, depending on where the patties came from.​

Spider-Punk-Hobie-Brown-plays-guitar.jpg

Hobie Brown - Spider-Punk
Interactions: brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy (Jin Ming)
Mentions: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Asuka Langley Soryu), Sir Skrubbins Sir Skrubbins (Medic)

Huh. Alright. More measured of a response from her than he expected after that first impression. Shame on him for that, then. Hobie was both a bit disappointed, and somehow respected her all the more for it. Funny how that worked.

It was whatever in the end, though. Hobie's spider sense reverberated off of what he recognized as another spider-person, who he spotted slipping through the crowd towards his direction. Ah, there it was. Couldn't have a multiverse without a few of them, could you?

In fact, he was more surprised to not have seen other spider-people out here in the crowd until now.

Surely ol' Fishbowlhadn't just managed to grab two of them, had he?

"No, no, yea, sounds about right." Hobie replied to the newcomer, nodding slightly. "Think it's poor manners or something. If you believe in manners, that is. 'Cause I don't. Still, bit in poor taste to go up and start talking down, yea?" He turned to the girl he was speaking to before, but she seemed to have occupied herself with talking to someone else. Some doctor she started getting excited over. Probably something to do with the German they started speaking to one another. Taking it as a sign to move on from chatting with her, Hobie turned back to the other spider-person, who seemed puzzled by their sudden shift in language and wanted an answer. He shrugged in response. "Ain't got a Scooby Doo, mate. Probably best we let them get on in peace." Hobie answered, glancing briefly back towards the pair to confirm.

"...So, are you with Miguel and his 'society', then? Don't recall seeing anyone like you while I was still tied up with them." He asked after a moment of silently cross-referencing her against some of the spider-people he'd seen with similar color schemes. Nothing immediately jumped out to him. Still, it was pretty much impossible for him to have met everyone in the Spider Society, what with the whole 'hundreds of members' thing. Just because he didn't recall seeing a spider-person like her, didn't mean she wasn't there. Not that it made much a difference in their current situation, but he'd rather minimize his chances of running into Miguel again so soon after quitting. If there hopefully was an aftermath to all of this, at least. Well, dead or alive in the end, that still wasn't a conversation he felt like having now. Or for the next week. Or for a while, actually.

I5nZz18.png

Food was brought out, things were progressing, yet here remains the older man, observing the phoenix descendant fiddle with the watch for... too long, despite help being available.

Hershel could only sigh in amusement at the whole situation, waiting for his son to finally react... and when he did, the duke could only show his own puzzled expression.
"...just recently?" The man muttered under his voice, inaudible to the flustered Sage. Why would his kid talk about moving in now, such a thing had been done years ago already...

As he pondered to himself, the sound of glass breaking brought his attention back to his... jumpy child. Way too jumpy, even when his dad was here. Hershel pinched his chin as he stared at the flustered young man, trying to discern... something...

Nodding to himself, he let the conversation move for a moment, addressing his second concern.

The pocket that had experienced some kind of thrashing had done quiet before all of this began when he placed his hand over it. Yet, when he tried to open such pocket fully, it... refused. Instead, the man ended up sneaking two fingers through the opening, pocking something... fluffy? Yet not big... hair? no no, too smooth for that... fur.

The duke started to unconsciously sweat as a cold chill went down his spine... the being inside his pocket didn't resist further gentle pokes... as a matter of fact, it seemed to be enjoying them?

"Oh, oh no no no, no no, this is, this is bad... please don't let it be so..." too loud to be called mutterings, too quiet to be called shouting, yet properly, genuinely panicked in their delivery came the words from Hershel

There was a modicum of hope within himself that it was maybe one of the very intelligent pets of the household, yeah, that was a possibili-
"Mreoooow~" A gentle, soft and needy meow echoed out from his coat, and the duke could only go dead quiet for a couple seconds

Yet unconciously, his hand kept moving and petting, and the sound of purring soon followed out of his pocket

"...Irin? Schirin Avad?" Hershel hesitantly called out

And finally, from the coat, popped out a... siamese cat with darker fur. Yet soon enough, her appareance shifted from a kitten to a... toddler, a girl in a frilly and fine light-blue one-piece dress, whose features ressembled the duke's all too noticeably. The small (way too small) girl grabbed affectionately onto his hand and rubbed on it, still letting out purring noices

"Papa!!!" It sounded excited, relieved and upset all at the same time, as she clung to Hershel's hand

"...oh gods" the man muttered under his breath before showing a relieved yet also upset expression

"Child, how, how long have you been there...?" His word trailed off, there was a faint hope that maybe it was right before coming here, as slim as it was...

"...before papa locked himself in that stupid room again..." She pouted at him, rubbing on the palm of his hand in a needy manner in turn

The Duke remained speechless for a while, simply petting his child as he started to quickly consider in his head what to do now...

"Irin..." He called the child's name, gently picking her up, as she naturally started growing to a bigger size, clinging onto her father's arm. She was having fun, yet also had a slightly worried expression... was papa angry?

The duke stared at his child for a couple more seconds before sighing in resignation"...no reprimand this time, just, stay close to papa, ok?"

"Oh?! Yay!!! From his arm, she jumped and started clutching onto his face, and Hershel could only smile in defeat at such gesture

non-chalantly, he turns towards the phoenix descendant, after grabbing an extra watch from the table for his toddler.

"So... Irin is here, didn't expect her to hide through all of that... on the topic. Irin dear, extend out your right arm"
"...which is right??" The girl seemed to be looking at both her limbs, not knowing which to extend

Hershel smiled gently, and grabbed her right forearm, gently extending it and skillfully tying a watch onto her wrist

"Do not use it unless you are split up from papa, ok?"
"Mhm mhm!" The girl excitedly nodded, not understanding fully, just that it was important!

"...and are you doing alright, Sey? you are, more shaken than I expected, given previous experiences"
After posing his concerned question, he looked at a certain fox mom, showing a resigned smirk

"At least, it seems I wasn't the only one with a stowaday child, hahaha" He said to Alexis, as Irin settled comfortably on the man's shoulder, still clinging onto his head while looking slightly puzzled at her dad

Interaction: Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun (sage), QizPizza QizPizza (Alexis)

• 1700955413942.png

My name is Silver the Hedgehog, but you can just call me Silver.

It hasn't been too long since their arrival and things had already gotten bad. No one knew where they came from, but everyone understood what they wanted as soon as they set foot.

They seemed impossible to counter attack, even with our hardest efforts. What are they and why are they doing this? We had no way to know.

We decided to evacuate anyone nearby to safety. Since I was the only one who could remember our other futures, I had to guide a lot of people through this disaster. Looks like things have been ruined again. I needed to act!

Just then, a man in a red hood came from another portal. A lighter one. His name was Jason Todd and he was rescuing and recruiting whoever he could to fight these monsters.

I thought it was something from the past, something I didn't get to help with, but it quickly turned into something much, much bigger.

I couldn't say no, I had to protect everyone again. Luckily, we can end this quickly enough so they could all be safe and sound.

There was also a pink frog? He had arrived suddenly while I talked with Jason. we didn't know anything about him, but he was willing to join us. It couldn't hurt to gather more help, right?

Now, we're all preparing for a great and really dangerous adventure. Still, I know we can win this and I'll give it everything I've got!

Frank West
Interactions: bluefrostie2 bluefrostie2 (Sprig)
Mentions: megar megar (Josuke), brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy (Razputin), Jeremiah Jeremiah (Minthara)

Frank's Font = Tahoma

frankwest2.png

Germans... he'd fought through a mallfull of zombies, travelled between alternate universes, been possessed, and the only thing he couldn't wrap his head around was the Germans. Frank shook his head, allowing a tender, amused smile to crawl onto his face. The little things, huh? At least everything else was a dream scoop. Any photojournalist worth their film would kill for...

Ah. Right...

Having depressed himself enough, Frank auto-walked over to where he was told the table with all the watches were - only to look up and find the crazies at it again. A guy with a rockin' pompadour, a little alien dude, and a grey-skinned elf lady walk into a bar... where did they even find these people?

No, the question was 'where are they coming from', and 'why.' That journalistic itch just kept nagging - since he'd got involved in this mess, it was like he'd been wearing a wooly sweater for the past week. As much as he was here to put things right, he'd never lost sight of who he was. This was the next big story, wasn't it? The scoop to end all scoops. As a photojournalist, his goal had always been to expose the truth - and, as a survivor and adventurer, his goal was to serve justice and help his fellow man.

He'd get to the bottom of all this. No matter what.

Frank sighed as he fished around in the pile of watches, grabbing one for him - one for the doc, one for that German girl... how crazy was the situation he'd found himself in that he already had enough pictures of aliens? If he'd taken one every time he saw one, he would've burned through thousands of dollars of film -

Click!
Click!
Click!

Frank had no idea what he was seeing, but he had to be quick on the draw for this one. He'd heard their talk about parasites and whatnot, but he hadn't paid much attention until the pompadour guy just about ripped it out of the elf's head, battering it until it was nothing... with what, his mind? Frank grinned to himself, satisfied with those fantastic shots. Damned if he was going to let them get away without an interview before this was all over. These people really are capable of some incredible stuff.

Before he could approach them, though...

Food court without the zombies! What could be better? Now he could finally enjoy an old-fashioned burger in peace.

Well... maybe he could put these to better use. He'd snagged a blender from the Cape before it collapsed. Priorities, right? He knew it'd come in handy, though. Tossing his partially-eaten burger and a whole, unpeeled grapefruit inside, he closed the lid and pressed down, letting the machine do its thing. An unholy combination, but Frank knew what he was doing - honest.

deadrisingenergiser.png
"Nice... Energiser. A quick pick-me-up..."

...this felt less weird when he was alone in the mall.

As he waited for the blend to finish, he absentmindedly glanced around him - only to be nearly floored by the sight of a massive, pink frog freezing solid right before his eyes. From what? That milkshake?

"Augh! Whoa, what the hell happened to you?" Frank exclaimed, staring open-eyed at the fresh frogsicle before him. More importantly, what the hell do you do in this situation? It isn't exactly the kind of thing you train for... although, he might have a solution.

Reaching into his backpack, he pulled out yet another shining example of his astonishing workmanship.

deadrisingflamethrower.png

"Alright, just take it easy, pal - I got you. Hold that pose!"

Frank pulled the trigger, and a steady stream of bright flames began to thaw Sprig out - red and yellow ribbons of scalding heat making short work of the ice. He fired in short bursts, observing his condition before firing again. He didn't want to throw fire in the poor thing's face once the job was done, after all.​

minthara odd.jpg

"Hm. Humans never cease to surprise me." you regarded Josuke more warmly than before. It was hard not to, given that he and Shuri were to thank for your continued existence as a Drow, and not some soulless, thoughts-hungry monstrosity. As for the 'Psychonaut' Razputin, well, his ability was yet to be seen. But the possibility that his powers could rival that of the illithids. . .it almost had you wishing for an ambush in that very moment, just to see the boy in action. "Would that all the mortal races took to harnessing their talents with such wild abandon. Perhaps Wakanda and Baldur's Gate would be technological marvels both. . ."

megar megar (Josuke) brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy (Razputin) Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Shuri)

As for that silhouette of a soldier lingering in the shadows of the courtyard, you watched it coldly. It was the first thing here you could get a bead on - from the rapier sheathed at its hip to the hand resting on its pommel. You saw a dark reflection of your past, in a way. It wore its faith as armor. It stood with shoulders broad and with posture so rigid only a drill sergeant could have chiseled it. In those dark eyes you sensed apprehension, and something else: recognition. Not something so surface-level as the tint of your skin and the length of your pointed ears like you saw in that 'Witcher' girl's eyes. No, it was something more. That shadow of a soldier knew what it all meant: that you were a Drow, the apex predator of the Underdark. It was a blessing, then, that the two of you had an opportunity to break bread.

"A burger, yes, I am familiar," you responded, catching the one thrown at you and pulling the box open, "A dear friend of mine brought me to the Lower City of Baldur's Gate and introduced me. Fast-food, she called it. Nothing delights my palette quite like red snapper steak prepared to House Baenre standards, but," you took a bite and couldn't help but smile, sounding your satisfaction aloud, "This comes damn close."

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 (Reverentia)

Mentions: TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher (Ciri)

Naoto Shirogane
━━━━━━━ ● ━━━━━━━
BoltBeam BoltBeam

She nodded, putting her right hand on her hip. “I’m much more used to working by myself or with a smaller group than this so I’m inclined to agree.” A need for a group this large for a mission this dire was understandable, this wasn’t just localized to a murder case in a country town or investigating a dead idol. No this affected every life everywhere so any help was greatly appreciated but she could understand the need to distance oneself from such a large group of people.

Silence was the only response she could give as she listened to the oddly dressed girl go over everything they knew so far and offer a theory of sorts. At the sounds of food being mentioned and her conversation partner motioning to follow her, she nodded. “Yes. Let’s.”

Once the girl grabbed her food upon reaching the food and sitting down at a table, Naoto went over and grabbed a bag of chips and a bottle of water before sitting across from her. “Before I go any further, introductions are in order if we’re going to be working together. My name is Naoto Shirogane, I’m a detective back home. As for your question, if I may be honest? This is… very much outside of what I am used to dealing with. Though I’d have to agree with you, simply going to these places and removing the corruption sounds too easy. The person responsible—Ganondorf as they called him—has to have subordinates working for him that are in charge of stopping us from removing the corruption. There’s no telling who would be his subordinates as we have very little to go on about him like you said. Does he employ those that are upfront? Secretive? Would he employ some sort of monster or beast instead of a person to protect it? It’s a lot we don’t know about…”

Her hands moved to the bag of chips, opening them and proceeded to eat a chip before continuing.

“While we’re on the topic, how are we going to remove the corruption? Unless defeating the one employed there gets rid of it which would make our job easier, we have no idea how to remove it. If you had to take a guess, how do you think we could remove it should defeating the one employed there not be enough to remove the corruption?”

mori crop.png
CS

Reverentia's ears flickered, briefly pressed down against the sides of her head as Minthara spoke before returning to their resting, alert position. From her own experience, Drow were usually, on a good day, combative, violent, and confrontational. Minthara's response could be indicative she departed from her people's norms, or could just be a way to get the group's guard down. Then again, she hoped Jason had enough sense to grab people who would actually be helpful, rather than anyone who happened to be nearby and capable of hefting a weapon. The kinder side of her mind argued that perhaps Minthara had earned the benefit of the doubt purely from her presence, but the rest remained on guard.

Baldur's Gate, House Baenre -- these words didn't mean anything to her. Clearly, a place and a family or clan, but if they were of her own world, she was unfamiliar. Perhaps, with the revelation of the multiverse, the idea that a Drow might come from some other distant reality shouldn't shock her, but she was still acclimating to the entire situation. Rather than betray her lack of knowledge, Reverentia nodded, taking another bite before pulling her mask down. The burger, returned to its packaging, disappeared into her bag of holding. She'd eat the rest later.

"Then you are not completely unfamiliar with the surface." She paused, openly studying Minthara from head to toe, her words every bit as nakedly appraising as her gaze. The Drow carried herself like a bolt of lightning, every action and every word pushing herself forward through the conversation (and life, Reverentia presumed). To be more specific, she carried herself like a predator. "You're a long way from home." The subtext wasn't subtle, but it wasn't especially antagonistic either, so much as a statement of fact. Obviously, they were all a great distance from their homes, but she was at least vaguely familiar with Minthara's. It was much easier to talk to someone with a mace than what Reverentia could only assume was a futuristic gun, or an actual dragon. Once more, she fell into contemplative silence before offering Minthara a slight bow in greeting. "Mori." Her secret identity didn't matter her, but it was habit. She gestured to Minthara's weapon, saying, "I hope you know how to use that."

Jeremiah Jeremiah

Dib

Dib looked up at Jason Todd with his large bulbous head as he spoke. Could this be? THE Jason Todd remembered Dib? Of course he did. It is Dib after all and he deserves any recognition he gets.
“I asked my Dad to drop me off. He said he would if I finished all my chores.”
Dib proceeded to whisper as this next part was…. A secret.
“Don’t tell anyone, but I didn’t do my chores…”

Twice Knightly Twice Knightly

Jason purses his lips behind the helmet. He promptly reaches over to the nearby desk, grabs a milkshake, a burger and fries, and hands them to Dib.

"Go... sit in the corner and eat this."

Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara

GYSGT LAZARUS HUANG (OC)
NKRqbdF.jpg

Art by Black Powder Red Earth
Link to CS

INTERACTIONS: jigglesworth jigglesworth
MENTIONS:

(Sorry, jiggles, I completely skipped over your attempt to interact with Laz the first time around!)

CCbhe98.png

Lazarus turned to see a soldier dressed much like him, speaking with a British accent and with a hand extended. A smile crept across Lazarus's face as he firmly grasped the man's hand. While teenagers and young adults with superpowers were pretty cool to work with, they were certainly volatile. He paused, wondering where this thought came from before focusing on what it was like to work with a team of professionals who implicitly knew what to do. "Pleasure to meet you, sir. Gunnery Sergeant Lazarus Huang formerly with MARSOC and now with the Department of Metahuman Affairs."

That introduction came naturally as if Lazarus had used it countless times before. He didn't even consider what it meant to be part of the Department of Metahuman Affairs until the words escaped him. He remembered working with a team of multiple metahumans to combat the rise of drugs that gave people superpowers. So that was where the idea of working with superheroes came from. It was one of the last clear memories prior to the haze that filled his mind. "I've worked with some of the SAS and SBS before. If you're anything like them, I'll look forward to working with you."

As Archer rescinds the hand and disappears, T'Challa can only nod. Having trustworthy allies like this is enough to bring him more reassurance than ever before. And if it's fate itself bringing these allies to their side? Then that gives him even more hope than one can imagine.

allegedlydave allegedlydave @T'ChallaIsOpen

Medic
Interactions: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Asuka)

Medic's Font = Germania One

medic3.png

Medic humbly adjusted his glasses, pulling himself out of his fond robot-killing, bomb-hatch defending memories. Those were the days. On the frontline, doing serious field work! That was where a man like him belonged - where he always had belonged. After all, where there are open wounds and flying bullets, there's a happy Medic - and the Robot Wars had certainly never left him wanting for either of those.

The MPF hadn't let him down either, though - in fact, they had just as much of a knack for finding trouble as his old team. Smiling faces and scooped brains all around!

"Have I?" Medic repeated, letting out a low chuckle as he straightened his posture - remanifesting his quintessential ear-to-ear grin. "My friend, If you think zhis is getting exciting, you should have seen my last mission! When we have zhe time, I must regale you with zhe details. Fire-breathing, tyrannical lizard monsters, alien warships... would you believe I joined a band? Perhaps I missed my true calling!"

Medic chortled, but, unlike his other bouts of laughter, it sounded dry and hollow. It was a failed attempt at concealing the twinge of sadness he felt - he'd hoped to see some of them again, after all.

"Zhat was where I met Herr Hood. From zhat day forward, he crowned me an MPF member - and I've been lending a helping heart - er, hand, ever since!"

Clearly, however, there were some good memories.

"Aheh... but nevermind me," Medic began. She may have been concealing most of it, but his field medic instincts were like a bloodhound's. "You've been on zhe frontlines yourself, Asuka - you are wounded!"

The Medic pushed his glasses glasses up - his grin now more of a smirk as he heaved the top-heavy Kritzkrieg to be level with his waist.

"Perhaps a clinical demonstration is in order?" Medic queried. "Zhis, you might like...!"

Without another word, the mad doctor thrust forward the lever on his device, and a thick, bedazzling beam of ionized gibberish far beyond Asuka's comprehension began to flow from the barrel. The moment the Medibeam made contact with her, she would feel an inexplicable rush of adrenaline - followed by the even more inexplicable sight of all her scars, burns, and deep wounds simply vanishing as if they'd been painted over with a brush.

Medic pulled the lever back and the beam ceased, yet the robust, energetic feeling continued to swell as the Overheal lingered.

Something told her this wasn't the only thing they kept him around for.​

Last edited:
Alexis Tenshi
Pr7Uqt2.jpeg

Art by Yueko
Link to CS

INTERACTIONS: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Leo) Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun (Sage) Thexcentrichilean Thexcentrichilean (Hershel)
MENTIONS:

dPSqZXy.png

Not long after Gideon took refuge within Alexis's tails again, people began to notice his presence. First, it was an oddly observant boy with goggles; then it was a boy with- Oh. Alexis immediately noticed a second fiery soul within the second boy. It was something, or someone, that burned much too hot for the boy to handle. It was almost like how Cyra once threatened to burn Alexis up. Gideon seemed to take notice, too, as he crawled out from Alexis's tails and up to her shoulder to see the strange fire child.

The kitsune giggled at the attention that her child got, scooping him up into her hands and letting him get acquainted with the two boys, "This little guy is my adorable little son, Gideon. Say hi, Gideon!"

The little fox managed an excited squeal as his fur burst into flames. Alexis was unbothered by the heat, gently rocking the kit until he calmed down and put out his flames. As she spoke, she half addressed the boys in front of her and half spoke to the adorable little fox in her arms, "Sorry, he does that when he gets too excited. My Sneaky Flame is having the time of his life after he snuck into his Mommy's tails so that he can join her on a big, dangerous adventure and meet all kinds of new people!"

As she held Gideon, she suddenly heard the gentle meow of a kitten float through the air. First, her ears turn towards the sound, then her eyes. Alexis immediately found the father cradling the Siamese kitten, which quickly turned into a little girl. She couldn't help but feel she found a kindred spirit among the group. She watched as he made a deal with his child just as she made a deal with Gideon, offering an understanding smile as he smirked at him.

The man seemed close to the fiery boy, and though there was a fire in his child's soul, he didn't seem to be related to the boy. By blood, at least. Alexis giggled at the absurdity of two people having accidentally brought their child to this place at the same time as if this were some kind of daycare, "Mythics are slippery little rascals when they're young. My Gideon and your daughter don't seem to be any exception!"

Seeing another little child, Gideon mewled at the prospect of a brand new friend, his tail igniting as he tried to get the catgirl's attention. To calm him down, she took a burger from the boy with goggles and, after nibbling on it to check its taste, began to feed him little bits of burger. While she fed him, she extended a tail to each of the three boys in front of her as if expecting a handshake. A tailshake, if you will. "Oh, where are my manners? I introduced my boy but not myself! I'm Alexis Tenshi, a loving kitsune mother at heart and benevolent fire goddess on the side!"

minthara smirk.png

"Minthara," you introduce yourself in similar fashion, regarding Mori with something akin to a confident smirk. It was a strange thing for you to show anything but a frown to a stranger - for a woman of your status, anything but a stony facade was a vulnerability in Menzoberranzan and sure to attract assassins and detractors. You weren't so sure it suited you. And the sun? Even less so. But perhaps a tan would solve that latter problem. . .and a crown on your head, the former. "a paladin sworn to the complete annihilation of the Absolute, by my oath of vengeance. I hope that quells any doubts you might have about my martial prowess, and assures you I have no connection to the goddess Lolth whatsoever. The spider bitch can rot forever in the Nine Hells for how she's wronged me, and my people."

You pause to think and take another bite. Your heart swells with the simple joy of being. "Aha. . .suffice it to say, the surface is my home now. If I returned to Menzoberranzan now, they would have my head for heresy." Your voice falls soft and quiet for a short moment. The name Menzoberranzan was an incantation that sent waves of sadness and doubt through you, and brought memories of that beautiful city to the fore, crystallized forever in your subconscious. But you can't return to a memory can you? "Alas, I have rambled quite enough. What of your past, Mori? What tale of woe placed you here amongst Fate's most unfortunate champions?

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 (Reverentia)

GYSGT LAZARUS HUANG (OC)
NKRqbdF.jpg

Art by Black Powder Red Earth
Link to CS

INTERACTIONS: CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow (Illumina) jigglesworth jigglesworth (CAPT Price)
Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara (Dib/Koopa the Quick/Lana) TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher (Ciri) darkred darkred (Marius) Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Jason Todd)
MENTIONS:

CCbhe98.png

As an unfortunate result of having the ability to receive precognitive glimpses of the future, Lazarus got to see the arrival of the green turtle creature seconds in advance. There was no reaction other than sheer astonishment as he was forced to watch it play out moments after he saw it for the first time. The Marine had seen many things: the horrors of war, two alien invasions, and the aftermath of every junkie in a city getting superpowers, but nothing prepared him for this.

Mouth agape, he watched as the turtle laid into Jason Todd about someone named Lucky… Only for some boy with an oversized head to send the green turtle running away with a few words. No sooner had the turtle arrived had he left in a plume of dust. "I should know better than to ask, but…what the hell?"

he.png
The Wanderer
Interactions: megar megar (Byakuya), Sir Skrubbins Sir Skrubbins (Frank West)

If the irritation from before was a spark, everything afterwards fanned it into a proper flame. The comment back, the pitiful and unneeded pleas for peace, and all of it in between. Wanderer's teeth clenched as he leaned further forward to face Byakuya, staring dead at him.

"Let me put this into words that your 'sense of nuance' can understand. Simple words, nothing to misinterpret. You've done absolutely nothing to convince me that any of your claims of grandeur are anything but delusions, and yet you've decided to make them everyone's problem for what I can only guess is misplaced and unchallenged self-righteousness. Did you really expect to just rattle off some empty titles to a room almost entirely full of strangers, and expect it to mean anything to them? To just stand here in front of the room with no one questioning what it is you do here, pretending like nobody can see that all you have to your name so far is the title of worst introduction to the room? I had the misfortune of sharing a room with people almost exactly like you, once. But you know what they did? What kept them where they were despite everything useless about them?" Wanderer hissed, a soft breeze blowing as he stood with the intensity a cat watches an insect.

"They bothered. To back. It. Up."

He laughed, for a moment, coldly. "So please, I hope you've got something that makes you worthy of standing at the front of the room. Something worthy of all that 'nuance' that puts you above all of those 'stupid questions'. I hope I'll get to see what proves you're any better than another delusional ant who places himself at the top of the hill only because nobody bothered to knock it down. Truly, I hope you get the chance to prove that you're worth something here. That you're here for something more than the desperation of the moment. I can't wait to see what you try to do."

"But until you show me that you're worth any of those words? As far as I'm concerned, you're just another useless insect to me Byakuya. Another thing to be crushed as anyone pleases, convincing itself that it can break from its fate. Believing falsely that the world is its to conquer."

"So go ahead, take your time. Prove me wrong."

"I'll be waiting."

The wind howled louder than before as Wanderer finished his words, and for a second he questioned why bother to wait at all. Why stand here when he could crush him in the moment, right now? Yet almost in spite of that question, the wind relaxed itself, and he only glanced once more at Byakuya before wordlessly stalking off into the crowd. Perhaps he had something to say. Perhaps not. He didn't care to hear any more of it.

That felt like enough.

Wanderer only slowed again as he was hit with the putrid smell of...something. What it was exactly wasn't immediately clear, but it soon became obvious as he saw members of the group gathered around tables and eating. That smell was meant to be food. If his reaction to it had been just slightly stronger, he would have been gagging. Food beyond Teyvat would unquestionably be different, sure, but this!? Did none of these people have any shame? Were they truly braindead to the point something little better than Sumpter Beast food was appealing!? He wordlessly glanced to multiple members of the group and felt disgust curl over his face as he watched them dig in, but broke into a grimace of pure secondhand shame as he watched one particular instance on one side of the serving table. Wanderer watched as a full fruit was added into the same device as some of the grease-soaked filth to mix into what was presumably a drink meant for consumption. As in, something the man behind this act actually hoped to drink. Full-heartedly. In that moment Wanderer didn't know quite what to feel, but it settled somewhere between "digust" and "disappointment".

...How were humans like this?

Of course, it wouldn't take much for the man or anyone near the table to see what he was staring at with such abject horror. And perhaps he didn't mind that judgment being known at all.

mori crop.png
CS

The smirk was, admittedly, somewhat disarming. Reverentia's eyes darted to Minthara's food almost immediately, returning only once she heard the word 'Paladin' in visible recognition as she once more mastered her expression. Who could say if their worlds had the same idea of what a Paladin was, but it was at least something superficial the places they came from had in common. She'd heard of Paladins taking Vengeful Oaths -- perhaps that was what Minthara referred to. Unfortunately, as the Drow continued, Revrentia's recognition once more became something of a mixed bag. The Nine Hells was a reference she understood, to be certain, but Minthara lost the Hobgoblin with words like "Lolth," who was apparently some sort of deity.

Eventually, she shook her head. The pretense of not revealing her ignorance held little advantage as the conversation continued and it became abundantly clear they were from radically different places. "I don't know most of these names, or what this "Absolute" did to earn your ire, but yes, that does tell me you know your way around a weapon."

Minthara continued, and became noticeably... sad? Her weight shifted from one foot to the other. Reverentia's social skills primarily came, for better for worse, in the form of manipulating others. She struggled with the more genuine side of expression. Was one supposed to comfort the other in this sort of situation? Surely not. They'd barely spoken to each other for a few moments, and any words she could proffer would certainly ring empty. Thankfully, Minthara didn't dwell on it long, but she did so by immediately turning the question back around on her. "No tale of woe. Not one I'd tell you sober, anyway," She joked dryly, then paused to consider her answer. Again, secrecy almost mattered to the extent of her own comfort at this point, so there wasn't much point in brushing the Drow off entirely, even if she wasn't likely to get an entirely straight answer, either. "I am here because I am needed." It was a simple answer, but it was the truth, if only to the extent that the only lies were by omission.

For a few moments, her gaze turned away from Minthara once more, this time to scan their ragged band of intrepid 'heroes.' One or two others aside from Minthara caught her eye, namely a girl maybe two or three years younger than her with white hair and a sword on her back, and a blue-haired boy arguing with one of their hosts over what seemed to be petty pride. Not a great start there. Her thoughts collected, she met Minthara's gaze once more and none-too-subtly turned the conversation away from herself. "Anywhere that would take your head for thinking for yourself does not deserve your loyalty, or your sadness, Paladin Minthara."

Jeremiah Jeremiah

c5eb9f76537f98387b578c855d134579dd5749d0.jpg

"I am glad you enjoy it so much,"
T'Challa nods in response to Raz and his compliments on the burger. "We also hand-spin our milkshakes. I would suggest trying one as well before you leave."

He looks up in time to see Sprig freeze solid thanks to one of the said milkshakes. He purses his lips.

"...okay. That is not supposed to happen."

He is too bewildered by the sight to even notice Frank's crime against humanity.

brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy bluefrostie2 bluefrostie2 Sir Skrubbins Sir Skrubbins megar megar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back