• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legacies: World at War - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Oh, my fault, my fault. I was just playing around saying that. But yeah, he was swinging it for sure.
But like aside from Skyla and co. like a majority of those characters involved have effectively been retconned or just dont exist anymore lol

But like aside from Skyla and co. like a majority of those characters involved have effectively been retconned or just dont exist anymore lol
That's true. I have no idea what happened to those siblings. But it's the Death Knight we're talking about here. I believe that's his only fight against the team though. Anything was his goons fighting them.

That's true. I have no idea what happened to those siblings. But it's the Death Knight we're talking about here. I believe that's his only fight against the team though. Anything was his goons fighting them.
either way the fight didnt have effect i wanted it to have at the time which is why i dont count that as a 'real' fight with the Death knight

So, it's non-canon?

Also, what effect did you want it to have?
It's canon for sure, like you said, the Death Knight would've just been toying with them.

And the next REAL fight is going to be much different. thats all i can say.

Just that the minor characters involved-- Queen and the Siblings-- don't exist anymore.

SharkBark SharkBark Do you wanna turn Rai's Surging Bolt Second Phase into essentially Magic Missile?

In D&D, Magic Missiles always hit and can be cast up to 3 three times (four times if you have the relevant abilities) and at the same target or different targets. The only thing is that I'd ask you to nerf the damage from 2d4 to 1d4 damage but I'd let you keep the four bolts.

With this said, you don't have to, it's just a suggestion.

SharkBark SharkBark Do you wanna turn Rai's Surging Bolt Second Phase into essentially Magic Missile?

In D&D, Magic Missiles always hit and can be cast up to 3 three times (four times if you have the relevant abilities) and at the same target or different targets. The only thing is that I'd ask you to nerf the damage from 2d4 to 1d4 damage but I'd let you keep the four bolts.

Slight correction. It's not that you can use one turn to cast it 3 times, the spell just creates 3 missiles as part of it. So, it's all one spell, you just have 3 different darts to direct towards targets. It's also not a 2d4 for damage dice, it's actually a 1d4 plus 1 per missile. It does lower damage than other spells specifically because it's an auto hit.

Slight correction. It's not that you can use one turn to cast it 3 times, the spell just creates 3 missiles as part of it. So, it's all one spell, you just have 3 different darts to direct towards targets. It's also not a 2d4 for damage dice, it's actually a 1d4 plus 1 per missile. It does lower damage than other spells specifically because it's an auto hit.
That sounds pretty. Cool. I assume it'd still take up a magic slot, right?

Still not fully understanding the dice system terminology. By "1d4 plus 1 per missile" do you mean the amount of missiles would add a +1 modifier to the attack? As in, I roll a 2 and because I have 3 missiles it turns in a 5? Or am I tweaking?

And three darts toward different targets means I can send the bolts to multiple, correct? Or do all the darts concentrate onto one sole target?

Still not fully understanding the dice system terminology. By "1d4 plus 1 per missile" do you mean the amount of missiles would add a +1 modifier to the attack? As in, I roll a 2 and because I have 3 missiles it turns in a 5? Or am I tweaking?

And three darts toward different targets means I can send the bolts to multiple, correct? Or do all the darts concentrate onto one sole target?
Nope. Hopefully I explain this simply. One of the dice is called a d4, which means you can roll up to a 4 on it. And you have 3 missiles. So, you'd be rolling a d4 for each missile, so a 4-sided die for each one. Either you can roll once and use it for all the missiles or roll each missile individually. I'll give an example for each.

So, first, rolling separately. Say I roll a d4 three times and I get a 2, 3, and 4. The 2 becomes a 3, the 3 becomes a 4, and the 4 becomes a 5 because your adding 1 point onto each missile. No matter what roll you're getting from the d4, you're always going to add a 1 onto it because that 1 is a constant. In total, that would be 3+4+5 damage to equal a total of 12 damage you're doing. If your targeting multiples that 12 would be spread out to the people you're damaging. So, 3 damage would go to one target, 4 to the second target, and the 5 would go to the third target.

If you choose to roll once, say you get a 3, every missile would be 4 because of the plus one, so you'd just multiple that 4 by 3 to get 12 total damage, again splitting the 12 up if your damaging multiple people, this time it would be 4 to each target.

You can do both. You can send them to multiple targets, or just one target. Whatever you wanna do in the moment.

Nope. Hopefully I explain this simply. One of the dice is called a d4, which means you can roll up to a 4 on it. And you have 3 missiles. So, you'd be rolling a d4 for each missile, so a 4-sided die for each one. Either you can roll once and use it for all the missiles or roll each missile individually. I'll give an example for each.

So, first, rolling separately. Say I roll a d4 three times and I get a 2, 3, and 4. The 2 becomes a 3, the 3 becomes a 4, and the 4 becomes a 5 because your adding 1 point onto each missile. No matter what roll you're getting from the d4, you're always going to add a 1 onto it because that 1 is a constant. In total, that would be 3+4+5 damage to equal a total of 12 damage you're doing. If your targeting multiples that 12 would be spread out to the people you're damaging. So, 3 damage would go to one target, 4 to the second target, and the 5 would go to the third target.

If you choose to roll once, say you get a 3, every missile would be 4 because of the plus one, so you'd just multiple that 4 by 3 to get 12 total damage, again splitting the 12 up if your damaging multiple people, this time it would be 4 to each target.

You can do both. You can send them to multiple targets, or just one target. Whatever you wanna do in the moment.
in layman's terms, you can pile on all missiles at one target for 6-15 damage OR split the damage across up to three, or four in your case, different targets dealing 1d4 + 1 damage to them separately and in one turn.

well at four missiles it'd be 7-20 damage if my math is correct

The "+ 1" at the end of a damage number in a description merely says, in essence, "this attack deals one extra damage".

in layman's terms, you can pile on all missiles at one target for 6-15 damage OR split the damage across up to three, or four in your case, different targets dealing 1d4 + 1 damage to them separately and in one turn.
Ah, okay, I get it now. Thank you for the explanations.

Okay, okay, I think I'll give Phase 2 the Magic Missiles properties. There's a lot you could do with that. So, I assume I'll have to change the move description to follow suit? How exactly would I phrase that?

Okay, okay, I think I'll give Phase 2 the Magic Missiles properties. There's a lot you could do with that. So, I assume I'll have to change the move description to follow suit? How exactly would I phrase that?
I'll let Alpha explain that. I'm sure to give a confusing way to say it lol

Honestly, you could just keep it as is for a reflavor of the dnd spell. All you'd have to do is add in that its 3 lightning slashes and that each slash does 1d4 + 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back