• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Latibule | IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

boo.

keep precious things
honey zelie
[class name=accordion]margin-top: -50px; user-select: none; color: white; transition: 1s [/class] [class name=accordion state=hover] cursor: pointer; color: transparent [/class] [class name=accordioncontent] background: transparent; padding: 5px; width: 450px; height: 250px; position: relative; top: 50px; [/class] [script class=accordioncontent] hide [/script] [class=transparent]color: transparent [/class] [class name=transparent state=hover]color: white [/class] [script class=accordion on=click] slideToggle 700 accordioncontent addClass transparent [/script] [div class=accordion]
click me !
[div class=accordioncontent]
[class=tabs]height: 7px; width: 7px; border-radius: 50%; background: #fff; transition: all .5s ease-in-out[/class] [class name=tabs state=hover]background: #020c20 [/class]
[class=tophover]height:250px;width:150px;margin-top:0px;margin-left:0px;transition:1s;position:absolute;color:transparent;opacity: 0 [/class] [class name=tophover state=hover]height:250px;width:150px;margin-top:-10px;margin-left:0px;color:white;opacity: 1 [/class] [div class=tophover]
honey zelie
mood: excited; got an idea to share

mentions: bloop

interaction: bloop

tags: bloop

outfit:
bloop

[div class=outside style="height: 0px; width: 150px; position: relative; top: 298px; left: 50px;"]
[div class=tabs]
[div class=tabs][/div]
[div class=tabs][/div]
[/div][/div] [class name=textbox]height: 255px; width: 255px; padding: 5px; background: #00454a; position: relative; top: -285px; left: 175px; font-size: 0.75em; color: #fff; overflow: hidden;[/class] [div class=textbox]
Honey wrapped his arms around himself, a shiver running down his spine as he hurried down the dark alleyway. Rain was pouring down like there was no tomorrow, and it was miserable. But Honey wouldn't let that get him down. He had a plan in his mind, something he'd been thinking about for quite some time. It was time to let everyone know. He sprang over a shallow puddle, but still managed to splash water over his shoes.

There was a dull green neon sign that signalled a doorway to the right. Honey knew this place well; it was a well-known moddie bar in this part of the city. There wasn't actually an official name for it, but most people just referred to it as Angie's. Drying his hands on his shirt, Honey grabbed the door handle and swung it open, ducking inside the dim interior with a sigh of relief.

Angie's was a comfortable, cozy type of place, where good smells and friendly sounds greeted one before any person did. Honey had been here countless times before, seeking solace and good company among the only ones that would understand him. Only, it seemed like he was the one that would give solace to others. He didn't mind; in fact, giving others inspiration was what inspired him now.

Sitting at a large, round table near the center of the room, Honey extended a hand out and brought up a display from his rings, once again looking over the invite he had sent out to his closest friends. It was early evening, which hopefully meant none of them had been previously occupied.
[/div] [/div][/div][/div]

Akari Koizumi
「Nothing Burns Quite Like The Cold」

Akari tossed and turned in her bed, yawning softly as her eyes opened. Scratching her head, she climbed out of her twin sized bed and stretched, her joints cracking with each one. "Ugh... what time is it?" she mumbled, clenching and releasing her hand through reflex to check the time. She tried again a few times, each time more confused before she remembered that she put her rings away before taking her nap.

She fumbled through her nightstand, digging each individual ring out. After slipping each one on, she did the motion again, but instead of being greeted by a clock as she expected, she was met by an invite. "Angie's, hm?" she asked herself, mulling it over in her head. Sure, she could go and meet her only friends, but she could also stay home and watch TV. Choices, choices...

After brushing her unruly hair back down and getting back steel blue into the dress she was wearing that morning, she took a step out of the door and got completely soaked. She jumped back inside and reconsidered her choice in dress.

After drying off and a while of consideration, she got into jeans, a white ruffle blouse, and a gray hoodie. She tied her hair up into a bun and left again, not getting drenched immediately this time. She leaped into her car, put on her favorite song, and started the drive towards Angie's.

Roughly half an hour later, she parked in a parking garage, got back out her car, and began to walk the rest of the distance to the bar. After ten minutes of walking and quite a bit of harassment since her powers set off automatically when she was in water, creating icy mist around her body, a dead giveaway to her status as a moddie, she arrived at Angie's.

The familiar neon green sign greeted her as she pushed open the door, scanning for any signs of her friends. She soon spotted Honey, hurrying over to him "So, what's this invite all about? You know that I like to have at least a day's notice before going anywhere. What if I was doing something?" she said, pouting a little before plopping herself down in a seat. "So, who else is coming? Did you invite Emily? Don't... don't tell her, but I think she's really pretty..." she admitted, a blush rising on her face.

template by astraea

Last edited:
.....( E V E N I N G)
I. ... II. ... III. ... IV. ... V. ... VI.

Flora held a hand out, watching raindrops slip between her fingers. She leaned back against the wall of her current workplace, simply named 'The Pottery Studio', protected from the worst of the rain by the overhang above her.

She turned her hand over, glancing at the bits of clay still stuck to her skin. She'd been working with wet clay, and managed to finish two of the mugs that her customers had ordered from her and one of the plates, setting them to dry for the next day.

Flora rubbed her hands together until the clay came off, hitting the ground in a series of wet plops. She hadn't had time to wash up before she was ushered out and the studio closed by the owners. She squeezed her hand into a fist and watched the display come up, distorted each time a raindrop hit the image. She looked over Honey's invite again.

It made her a little angry each time he invited her to Angie's, and angrier still when she stepped foot in the place. It made her feel like a second-class citizen, since it was the only place that would take 'her kind'. It made her want to set all the bars that wouldn't allow moddies on fire and watch them all burn.

She shook her head and released her fist, letting the display fizzle out. There was going to be a time when moddies wouldn't be treated as they were, and she was going to live to see it. Flora unlocked her bike chain and walked to Angie's, since it wasn't that far from the studio. She left her bike outside the bar, secured to the bike rack and left to rust in the downpour. She was slightly wet herself, but she went inside anyway.

She saw Honey and Akari immediately, and headed over. "Anyone bother you on the way here?" She asked Akari as she sat down, glancing over her for any suspicious marks.

Flora Lutz

©SociallyAwkward

Last edited:

Emily Carter

d720a0768b10b4c79e785ddee9a138ef.jpg

"License and registration, please," said the police officer, looking down at the young woman leaning against her black motorcycle. The woman in question was, of course, Emily. Who'd been heading to Angie´s after reading Honey's invite when the cops ordered her to pull over. According to the officer, she was "endangering civilian wellbeing" by ignoring the speed limit. Reluctantly, Emily reached into her bag and handed the officer her papers.

"You're a moddie!" The cop exclaimed, a look of newfound surprise and slight terror creeping into his face. Reactions like these were common for all moddies, especially with the recent surge of propaganda following the news of the rogue moddie. "What? Didn't think a girl as pretty as me could be one of those big, scary, monsters?" she replied with a smirk, hiding her anger at the cop's remarks. After living her whole life as a moddie, she had gotten used to the constant discrimination people like her faced. However, growing accustomed to said comments didn't mean her anger at people who hated moddies diminished. If anything, it only became stronger.

She sighed, noticing the cop taking a rather long look at her documents. At this rate, she would get to Angie's the next day, and she didn't think her friends would forgive her for that. "Look, man. It's raining, I'm soaking wet, and I've got places to be. Since you don't want to be near me and I don't want to be near you, how about you just give me that little speeding ticket and we can go on our merry ways?" she said, only to regret her words seconds later. It was almost impossible to get a well-paying job, and Emily had been stuck in the long cycle of unemployment for a while now. Her latest job had been as a English middle school teacher, which lasted for a couple of days until the parents demanded the school fire her for her "condition." After that, the only money she made came from the occasional internet article.

The cop considered this for a second, before handing her back her papers and placing his hand on top of his concealed firearm. "I was going to give you a ticket, but I think it would be better if I took you into custody for a while. To protect civilian wellbeing from your...speeding. So, please, step away from the vehicle." the cop replied, trying to hide his arrogant smile. Her breath caught in her throat. She couldn't go to jail! Especially not for something as pathetic as speeding! Thinking of a way to get out of the situation, she noticed the cop's car parked behind her bike. Forming a plan, she stared into the cop's eyes and began moving to make it seem as if she was going to cooperate with the cop. She suddenly began sniffing the air and placed a hand on top of her nose.

"What's that burning smell?" she asked innocently, briefly turning to look at the car before focusing on the officer once again, "is that your car on fire?" she asked again. The officer turned to find his car engulfed in flames and frantically ran towards it, not bothering to wonder how it managed to catch on fire in such a heavy rain. Seeing this as her opportunity to escape, Emily stepped on the pedal and drove of. The illusion she'd placed on the officer disappearing as she left. "Please don't remember my plate, please don't remember my plate," she muttered to herself, as the neon lights of Angie's came into view.

Emily carefully placed the cover on top of her bike after parking, and walked up to the entrance of the bar. Once she opened the door, she removed her helmet and soaking leather jacket to reveal the white tank top underneath. When she spotted her friends, she made her way towards their table and sat down next to Akari with a sigh. "You would not believe what it took me to get here. I swear, cops these days have too much free time in their hands to go after the most harmless of criminals. It's pathetic, really."

coded by dwale

S n o w S n o w GumGumChomp GumGumChomp boo. boo.

PETER

Interacting with: Dr. Sanchez, Honey, Akari, Flora, Emily
Mentions: fancries1 fancries1 Snow Snow GumGumChomp GumGumChomp boo. boo.

Peter Jiang was a connoisseur of death.

Ever since he joined the force, the sight of dead people had become a familiar thing to him. And with a mere taste, he could become familiar with its master.

So the bloodied, ruined body spread out on the table didn't shock him. Neither did the punctured eye, smashed into the socket by a blade that penetrated through to the brain. Blood and fluid had leaked out, then dried. A knife wound like this was the kind that killed instantly, the kind of maneuver that was practiced. It was the mark of a craftsman. "Another death," said the coroner, clicking her tongue and shaking her head. "Not good."

Dr. Isabella Sanchez was an open-minded woman for her time, and she'd become one of the few non-moddies to form a working relationship with him. Most of Peter's other colleagues turned their heads or looked at their feet when he entered a room. It was hard not to let that set you on edge sometimes. "Any sign of the murder weapon?' he asked.

"No." said the doctor. "Whoever killed him must've took it with him."

Peter nodded. Gently, he leaned over to collect a sample of blood on his gloved fingertip, then placed it onto his tongue. He closed his eyes, and took in the Memory. For a brief moment, it was like he was seeing through another set of eyes, feeling but not controlling a body. The owner of these eyes walked down what Peter recognized as Trinity Avenue, plastic shopping bag slapping against his leg as he walked. It was late at night, and the only light he saw was that of interspersed street lights.

His name was Jacob Paulsen, and he had just turned twenty. Peter receded and he accepted this new name. He was Jacob. He was a student at the local university, majoring in biomedical engineering. His parents modded him to rid their bloodline of mental illness, though they'd find a completely different ailment in its place. His power's weren't so bad, though. There was nothing inherently dangerous in water-walking, and it wasn't nearly as conspicuous as some. He had a girlfriend waiting for him a few blocks down. It was supposed to be their second anniversary today, hence the bag of treats at his side.

The Memory fuzzed.

Jacob ran until his legs hurt. Distance was all that mattered. Behind him, muffled screams. He doesn't look back, but he can hear him running after. He wasn't a slow runner, but for whoever he was, he was slow enough. Jacob whirled his head. A man in a mask. A scream of fear. A blade through his head. A flash of pain. Then oblivion.

Peter blinked his eyes open. He had been Jacob, and he could feel his terror fade away into the back of his mind. He'd experienced death too many times to count. It was jading him. Peter heard the doctor run over.

"What did you see?" she asked.

"I didn't see the perp's face." he answered, his tone surprisingly even after what he'd just seen "It was covered with a ski mask, but he was definitely male. He was a few inches taller than Mr. Paulsen, I'd say, with broad musculature."

He paused to let Dr. Sanchez write in her clipboard. "Well, that doesn't really get us anywhere, then." she said, at last. "The cops are still trying to retrieve surveillance video, though, but I'm not sure if any leads will turn up there."

Peter cursed under his breath. Over the past few months, crimes against designer people have spiked to an all time high. It seemed every day that he had a new corpse waiting for him. Peter peeled off his gloves, moving to toss them into the bin. There was nothing more to do here tonight. "In any case, I'll be heading down to the crime scene tomorrow morning. Let me know if they pull up anything interesting in that video." Peter said.

"Of course, Detective." said the Doctor. "Have a good night."

~~~~

Angie's had a flock of bouncers at the door by the time he arrived, but by then, Peter had already taken off his police clothes and put on a more comfortable coat. He shoved the uniform in his duffle and pulled up his collar, paying his cab driver before stepping out into the cold night. Admittedly, Peter didn't favor the night life as much as some people, but Honey's insistence that they meet here meant that he was regular enough that the bouncers let him in without question.

Peter walked inside and took a moment to scan the room for his friends. It was still quite early, relatively speaking, so the bar wasn't as smoky as it usually got by midnight. The crowd was young, students from the university for the most part. He caught sight of Honey and company as he navigated the throng, and he moved to squeeze himself into an empty seat. Emily had been complaining vocally about something.

"You would not believe what it took me to get here. I swear, cops these days have too much free time in their hands to go after the most harmless of criminals. It's pathetic, really."

"Well now. What's this I'm hearing about cops?" Peter asked playfully. "Should I buy the first round tonight? I could use a drink. Or six."
code by Ri.a

honey zelie
[class name=accordion]margin-top: -50px; user-select: none; color: white; transition: 1s [/class] [class name=accordion state=hover] cursor: pointer; color: transparent [/class] [class name=accordioncontent] background: transparent; padding: 5px; width: 450px; height: 250px; position: relative; top: 50px; [/class] [script class=accordioncontent] hide [/script] [class=transparent]color: transparent [/class] [class name=transparent state=hover]color: white [/class] [script class=accordion on=click] slideToggle 700 accordioncontent addClass transparent [/script] [div class=accordion]
click me !
[class=tabs]height: 7px; width: 7px; border-radius: 50%; background: #fff; transition: all .5s ease-in-out[/class] [class name=tabs state=hover]background: #020c20 [/class]
[class=tophover]height:250px;width:150px;margin-top:0px;margin-left:0px;transition:1s;position:absolute;color:transparent;opacity: 0 [/class] [class name=tophover state=hover]height:250px;width:150px;margin-top:-10px;margin-left:0px;color:white;opacity: 1 [/class] [div class=tophover]
honey zelie
mood: ready to spill the beans

mentions: flora

interaction: akari, emily, peter

tags: Abendrot Abendrot fancries1 fancries1 S n o w S n o w GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Noivian Noivian FreeFaller FreeFaller

outfit:
bloop

[div class=outside style="height: 0px; width: 150px; position: relative; top: 298px; left: 50px;"]
[div class=tabs]
[div class=tabs][/div]
[div class=tabs][/div]
[/div][/div] [class name=textbox]height: 255px; width: 255px; padding: 5px; background: #00454a; position: relative; top: -285px; left: 175px; font-size: 0.75em; color: #fff; overflow: hidden;[/class] [div class=textbox]
The first to arrive was Akari. As Honey looked toward the opening door, he could see a faint cloud of icy mist pool in, only to dissipate as it met the warm air of Angie's. It was shortly followed by Akari herself, who was quick to spot him and find a seat.

"So, what's this invite all about? You know that I like to have at least a day's notice before going anywhere. What if I was doing something?"

"But you weren't, so..." Honey snorted, his familiar grin coming to rise on his lips. "You'll just have to wait before I tell you anything, hun."

"So, who else is coming? Did you invite Emily? Don't... don't tell her, but I think she's really pretty..."

Honey might have been surprised, but he had seen the signs for a while now. He simply kept grinning, his fingers drumming on the table before stopping as Flora waltzed in. He nodded to the dark-haired ceramist, noting the scent of dust and wet clay that always seemed to accompany her. She seemed to enjoy her job, despite the messiness, which was a hard thing to find as a moddie. Honey himself was a journalist, one that worked for a small paper and did nothing more than write fluffy, feel-good stories all day. What he really wanted to do was get out there and tell the stories everyone else was afraid to. But there was no way he was going to mess up what he had now. So, for the time being, he would go along with whatever his boss wanted him to do.

Next up was Emily, who immediately let the trio know her opinion on current law forces. Honey couldn't deny that he often felt the same way, and he laughed for a moment.

"Maybe they think cute hair is a crime. Right, Peace?" Honey nudged Akari's shoulder, shooting her a cheeky grin. "I bet they're just super shy and don't know how else to talk to ya."

Peter entered Angie's just as Honey had finished talking, and mentioned something about drinks.

"Hey, go for it," Honey quipped, leaning back in his seat. "You do that, and I'll tell you all what I'm about."

7QyemfVK.jpg

Lucas Wise

Mood
Nonchalant

Sigh. A look of annoyance was plastered across Lucas's face as he gazed out into the empty streets of his block. He didn't care much for the rain, in fact, it only helped bring his mood down on days where he was on his own. The young man turned his gaze to the glass in his hand, eyeing the visual effect that occurred when shining his light through it. He had stayed in his house almost all day today and had decided to treat himself to a couple drinks, under the impression that he wouldn't be leaving his apartment anyway. That is, until his phone lit up, the contact name reading Honey followed by a yellow heart. A small smile came to his face and left as fast as it had come once he read his presence was actually expected tonight at Angie's. He was opposed to the idea at first, but he was only tipsy, so he hoped he wouldn't get into too much trouble.

Quickly leaving his apartment, he put up an umbrella and walked at a steady pace toward his destination. He recalled how often his group of friends was summoned there, simultaneously remembering it was the only place they could be summoned. Being a moddie was a struggle that they all knew too well, being discriminated against in every aspect of their society. Angie's was a real safe haven for them, and the only place he really felt comfortable being himself.

With the number of visits he had made there, his navigation to the path was almost instinctual. His feet moved on their own, while his mind wondered. It wasn't long before he had come to the dark alleyway that lead to his destination. He hurried down the alleyway, catching sight of the neon sign that indicated he had arrived. He opened the door, spotting his group of friends immediately. He let down his umbrella and closed it, setting it aside and approaching the group, a small smile on his face.

He counted five so far. So he was late, but not as late as he usually was. He had made a career out of arriving almost last to these meetups, which wasn't intentional sadly. "Sorry for my tardiness my loves." he said in a sincere tone. He took a seat with his friends, a sigh of relief escaping his lips since he had finally made it there. "So, what's up everyone?"

Last edited:
Akari Koizumi

Akari rolled her eyes at Honey's comment about how she wasn't doing anything "That's not the point. It's the principle of the thing. Just... next time you think about something that you apparently can't just text us, tell us to come by the next day. Please?"

She turned her attention to Flora, who asked her if she was harassed "Ah, it was nothing serious. There's no need to worry about it." she replied as she put her hood down, letting her hair free. Her typically black hair was icy blue, a sign that she hadn't dried her hair very well before going out.

Akari put her head down when Honey essentially asked her if she thought Emily's hair was cute "Shut up..." she mumbled, making his rings cold as revenge "If you say stuff like that again, I'll kill you..." she said, although she was probably the least likely out of everyone here to hurt a fly.

"Count me out. I, uh, I don't drink. I tried beer once... it was gross and I threw up. I don't understand how people like it..." she said as she picked her head back up. "If you could get me a soda, that'd be great, though."

template by astraea

.....( E V E N I N G)

Even as more of her friends sat at the table, Flora kept her gaze on Akari, waiting for her answer. Her next move depended on what the smaller girl told her. She might've left the bar entirely--assuming one of the others didn't stop her--to track down Akari's harassers.

She was nothing if not fair, after all. People who insulted her friends deserved to have the same treatment thrown back at them. But she should've known that Akari would have played it off. Flora leaned back at her answer, deciding to let it go.

Even Emily was eating a piece of harassment pie, but while Flora was perfectly willing to get back at people who made fun of her friends when they wouldn't, she wasn't stupid. Messing with cops wasn't a line she was willing to cross. At least not alone.

She raised a hand when Peter offered to buy them all drinks. "I'll take one." She nudged Akari, smirking. "One bad experience and you've sworn off beer forever? Come on. At least pour some of it into the soda."

Flora nodded at Lucas. "Tardiness?" She snorted, shaking her head. "I didn't expect you here until last call."

Flora Lutz

©SociallyAwkward

Emily Carter

d720a0768b10b4c79e785ddee9a138ef.jpg

Flinching a bit after being surprised by Peter's arrival, Emily gently reached over to him to pat his shoulder. A small, sympathetic gesture that wasn't common from a girl like Emily. "Don't worry, love," she said with a grin, "you know you're the only cop I like. It's just the other cops, the normal ones, who drive me insane. Honestly, the guy I just dealt with was a real piece of shit, stopped me for speeding and tried to take me to custody when he realised I'm a moddie." Emily explained.

While her encounter with the police officer had been a nightmare, it was always comforting to meet with her friends, the few people she trusted. One of the few good things about being the moddie was the fact that, in the face of oppression, moddies stuck together through thick and thin. They all understood what it was like to be discriminated against for something they couldn't control, and they bonded through their experiences. It was a relief to know she wasn't alone, despite the fact so many of the "normal" folk tried to make them think otherwise.

"Hey, if being cute is a crime, then I'm a prime suspect. Maybe that's why people hate us so much, they're just jealous we're stealing all the gorgeous genes and not leaving any for them," she teased, replying to Honey's comment on her hair. Anyone who knew Emily knew she took pride on her looks, just as she took pride in almost everything she did and accomplished. So Honey's comment was clearly welcomed. Noticing Honey was nudging Akari's shoulder to get her attention, and judging by her annoyed and angry reaction, she could only conclude he was teasing her. Why? She didn't know. She was clueless as to wether Akari saw her as something more than friends, not that she would mind. "Looking good, Akari. I like the blue hair. Very... ice queen-ish"

"I'll have a beer, Peter darling," she replied. She usually would've gone for something stronger, but she didn't want to be drunk for Honey's explanation. Besides, if she could get a speeding ticket while sober she didn't even want to imagine what she would get if someone caught her driving around drunk. "Alright, let's get to business," she said, turning to face Honey, "I take it you didn't only call us here to catch up. Hurtful, but I'll manage. Did something happen? Is everything okay?"

coded by dwale

S n o w S n o w GumGumChomp GumGumChomp boo. boo. FreeFaller FreeFaller Abendrot Abendrot

A man saw what a man perceived, but not in a manner that hindered the gentleman's articulation of the visualized event. Fixing the collar, one step in a process that determined the sensibility in a man, later followed by a propelled pushing movement of two firm hands, left on top of right, for correcting the tie. Even with posture and attire manipulated successfully, still a glance saw past yonder the neutral, rested lips to beseech in his mind the physical form bestowed from glass. Muddy, brown eyes atop wrinkled periorbitals peered from mirror to man. A caught display of business cards revealed the initials F.E, for the remainder laid tucked in the suit's pocket. Nothing less, and nothing more, yet a continuous caution considered anxiety by most, but to him, the gentleman, paranoia. Nevertheless, a rhythmic clatter of dress shoes, left to right to left, exited the restroom after a gloved hand twisted the knob protected by a crumpled paper towel.

When speaking, a man uttered the words carefully to an Afro-styled man in familiarity, "Greetings, Mr. Zelie, I received your request to meet with you and a group. I do apologize for my punctuality." Upon final words, the man's right hand transformed from covered palm to stretched hand as a means to ignite a handshake, "Name's Frank Evans." After introduction, Mr. Evans placed his posterior snug, but not forced into the hard, wooden chair aside the bar table.

Alcohol, a chemical, sought by all in the vicinity to alleviate woes and worries. However, chocolate-colored eyes spotted loose fitted clothing on the bartender instead, sparking a snap, quick too, to emit from left hand, yet muffled by the glove. A quiet, whisper, "Pardon," as Mr. Evans gathered himself to order, "A Guinness for business, not pleasure." While waiting for his order, Mr. Evans allowed his gaze to wander to his friends. His heart beat began to ramp, feeling unease from his environment. Confidence in a man comes from familiarity and practice, but to Mr. Evans, he lacked an adequate sense of stability. Never one for the bar anymore. Still, gelled and combed hair shall not be remembered as waste, when presented company to engross upon.

Words escaped his mouth not in a hurry, but in pragmatic cohesion, "Greetings Mr." or "Greetings Ms." followed by the correct last name, "How was your day?" His conversation set the tone for his night, where he only sought to gather and understand, removing the fluff, such as weather and mood from his memory.

boo. boo.

Akari Koizumi

"No, Flora. I'm serious, it just doesn't taste good to me." she repeated, nudging her back "Besides, what if I get drunk? I'll almost definitely wake up with burns, and that's no fun for anyone."

Akari stayed mostly silent as Emily talked, blushing heavily when her hair was complimenting "Uh.. ah... thank- thank you..." she mumbled, running her hand through her hair nervously. "Why can't I be less awkward? Just slightly..." she mumbled to herself

Akari was silent again after that, not weighing in on most anything, except for teasing Frank on his strange way of speaking "Oh, yes, hello sir. My day was quite dandy, if I do say so myself. I managed to fetch a fish from the market this morning. It made a simply delightful stew." she said in a fake posh accent, although what she said about the fish was true. It was a pretty great stew.
template by astraea

honey zelie
click me !
honey zelie
mood: have just spilled the beans

mentions: frank

interaction: peter, pretty much everyone

tags: Abendrot Abendrot fancries1 fancries1 S n o w S n o w GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Noivian Noivian FreeFaller FreeFaller BioshockRP BioshockRP

outfit:
bloop

[div class=tabs]
[div class=tabs][/div]
[div class=tabs][/div]
"Ah - on second thought, maybe you'd better wait for the drinks." Honey's face wrinkled as he smiled, stretching a hand over to pat Peter's hand. "Might wanna be sober for this."

Everyone seemed interested in what Honey was going to say. The young man could only hope his proposition could live up to the expectations. He was silent for a moment as the table began to settle down. Lucas and Frank had finally arrived, which meant that was probably everyone. Honey suddenly found himself searching for the right words, his lips screwing up as he thought. It was probably best not to overthink this, so Honey, stretching his arms before him on the smooth table, cleared his throat.

"So - I suppose you're all wondering why I've called you here." Honey was silent again before snorting, a hand shooting up to his mouth to hide his grin. "Sorry, couldn't help it. I sound like Frank.

"I've... had enough." Honey's tone suddenly dropped to something more serious. "This-" He swept a hand around the room. "-shouldn't be. I mean, we've been segregated all our lives. And all because of something we had no choice over. Most of us have broken ties with our families, whether by choice or by force. It's only in places like these where we can experience anything close to a family."

Honey tucked a hand into his hair, his eyes studying the table. "So I've decided that there's only one way to make our lives anything less of the shitholes they already are. I mean, no offence - some of us have jobs we really love. But that doesn't stop the bigotry. You've all heard about the moddies that have gone missing. Some turn up, but most are just gone."

Honey's voice lowered. "I'm going to make a haven for people like us. For moddies. There's an old nursing home on the edge of the city that was just closed, and I'm going to buy it. And... I wanted to know if you guys wanted to be a part of it."

.....( E V E N I N G)

"If you say so," Flora said with a half-shrug. "But we have to get you drunk at least once one day. It's practically a rite of passage. If not for yourself, then for the entertainment value. I can't imagine what you'd be like drunk."

She pulled her glass ball out of her pocket while Akari talked with Emily, absently molding it into a tiny version of Akari. She made the glass figure walk back and forth in front of her, dancing like someone who was completely drunk.

What kind of drunk would Akari be? A fun one, who didn't have a care in the world? Or would all the alcohol knock her out before anything fun happened? The glass figure collapsed, drooling onto the table. Flora picked up the figurine when Honey started talking, giving a small wave to Frank as he took a seat.

For a second during his speech, she thought Honey was starting to see things the way she did. She leaned forward, her eyes lighting up as he talked about how unfair things were for them, the missing moddies, and best of all, doing something about it. Then it all came crashing down when she heard what he wanted to do. Flora sat back. Honey didn't want what she did after all. Instead of doing anything real about them practically being second-class citizens, he wanted to move. He wanted to help the city drive them out. Flora knew Honey, and she knew his intentions were better than that, but it was just so frustrating.

Flora stood suddenly, with enough force to send her chair tumbling backwards. She slammed her palms down on the table. "That's it? You want to create another Angie's at the edge of town, so all the normal people don't have to be bothered with us anymore? Why don't we just live here for the rest of our lives, huh? Never going outside, staying with our own kind? What's the difference?"

She looked around the table. "Instead of hiding or running away, why don't we show them that they can't just treat us like this? They made us this way, and we deserve all the rights they're taken away from us? Why don't we fight back? We need to make them see that, like it or not, we're people too."

Flora Lutz

©SociallyAwkward

Users who are viewing this thread

Back