• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Lakoria Project-The main event

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Magical Squid Senpai

A big mistake
Lakoria city is a place that is home to many monsters. Here there is the infamous Lakoria High school. You have already graduated from that shit hole. Now you can move onto looking for a job! By joining an internship in one of the busiest cities. You will surely be able to find a job that you can fit into and enjoy for the rest of your life! You will be provided with a place to stay and two meals a day, if you are lucky. You have chosen your dream job and are now on your way to seeing if you can actually handle it.​

Foster Lancastre

Location: Bustling Bindings || Interacting: N/A|| Mentioned: N/A

dduf4p9-5d74a7b0-4d9b-4272-9429-133651cbfca1.gif
Foster’s fingers moved deftly about his shoelaces as he tied them, his eyes still heavy from sleep. He sat on the steps outside of the apartment complex where he lived. It had finished raining hours before, leaving the air laden with the scent of petrichor. The gentle light of dawn settled in the form of soft pinks and purples on small pools of water. Mourning doves and pigeons cooed from their places on roofs and telephone wires, roosting in clustered groups.
Foster finished putting on his shoes and set off into a brisk jog, he had places to be!

The delicate calm of the morning would be shattered for those working at Bustling Bindings as Foster found his way to the building. The strange young man tried to push the door open a few times before realizing that the handle was clearly marked with the word ‘pull’. The delightful chime of a bell could be heard as the world’s most tactless man stepped into the store. The store had a familiar, almost clinical, smell to it. It was a scent that the tall winged fool could not quite place. However, this may have been the result of him never being able to properly recognize anything, not even a thought in his head.

His neurons screamed in a desperate attempt to communicate ideas to the rest of his nervous system- but there would be none to hear of their plight as Foster picked his way through the aisle of the shop, making his presence known through the uproarious clatter of his footsteps.

Why did I come here again?

He felt driven by some great purpose- but wasn’t quite sure what he was doing. He blanked out at a row of pickled newts in from of him, almost feeling sorry for the small amphibians. Maybe vegans were right.​

Last edited:
Sea’an Telaris Vaarul
Interacting: Foster
Mentioned: Foxu Foxu

Sea’an’s days often blurred from one to the next, his lack of the need to sleep along with his habit of engrossing himself in one project or the other until it’s completion certainly not helping. He was currently absorbed in one said project, tinkering in the workshop area of the Bustling Bindings magic shop. Bits of material and customer requests lay scattered around Sea’an as he put the finishing touches on a particular client’s jeweled gauntlet. It was a gaudy mess of gold and gemstones, so as the multitude of magical bells and alarms sounded from the front door he took the opportunity to take his non-existent eyes off of the thing for the time being.

Sea’an emerged from the back room of the shop, bones softly clicking as he set his hands upon the counter top. Of course this is the first customer of the day... Of course Sea’an recognized Foster, he remembered every person that came into his store, however this particular man also happened to share a living space with Sea’an. He glanced down at whatever it was that the man had been looking at, Alistars pickled newts... Sea’an knew that the things weren’t even edible, so he didn’t know why Foster seemed to be staring at them for so long. “Foster... this is an artisan magical items shop, not a convenience store. If you do not need anything leave me in peace.”

Sophia Mermaidington
The Leg Shifting Mermaid!

Interacting
N/A

The joyful leg shifting Mermaid had quite the day ahead of her, with packages to be signed and deliveries here, there and everywhere. But that'd come later, first things first as Sophia had yet to leave her bed or even awaken from a wonderous dream.

"L.. Leg...Legsss...." Sophia groaned while tumbling around, becoming cocooned in her bedding which resulted in a warmer deeper slumber. After a few moments the little mermaid started to cause a ruckus once more as she muttered "Gu...Gumm...Gummy crab wormy legs..." Gripping harder on the closest velvety rose coloured blanket, she rolled around on top of Bedness The Comfortable The ThirdTM until she fatefully rolled off the luxurious bed, much to her discomfort. Letting out a yelp, not the food review she shot up as a mighty shiver went up and down her spine, causing the collection of bedding she was entangled in to fall around her, unveiling her sick awesome jammies, which was actually just a really large branded T-Shirt, with the film title "You Only Swim Twice" written on it above the actor Sean Coley. The shirt draped down to her knees which only left a teeny tiny little amount of her hot pink sweatpants to be revealed to the mirror she stood in front of. It took a few seconds for Sophia to gather her thoughts, dreams, ambitions and plans before you could really say she was awake, but once she was awake she let out a joyous "Good morning me!!" as she took a whole three big steps to be closer to the mirror, which she then crouched down in front of. "I hope you had a good sleepy sleep" She continued with while, speaking to herself. Immediatly afterwards however, she spotted a sizable patch of drool collected on her face to which she gasped before shooting her eyes left and right, eyeing down the room, but soon turned back to the mirror one last time with a little giggle "Teehee, don't tell anyone, 'kay?" After which she stood up and made her way into the bathroom. She grabbed one of her exaggerated sea world bath bombs and started to run a bath, to which she unleashed Armageddon upon as the bomb let loose actual coral into her bath water tank thingamabobs. "Goodbye for now legs, I'll see you soon, don't worry!!" And with that she dived into her spacious bath, her legs shimmered and transformed into a vibrant tail and her clothes fell away.

A few hours later the door that leads into the bathroom swung open and a shadowy Sophia emerged from the steam. Rejuvenated and ready, the blue mermaid removed the towel from around her head, freeing her dark purple hair. As she was about to release the towel from around her waist she turned towards the mirror for the last time "No peeking." Letting out a giggle accompanied by a cheeky smile, afterwards the mirror fogged up from the bombardment of steam. Sophia prepared her work clothes, which also happened to be her normal clothes "Nothings as sweet as looking cute on the job." She muttered with a grin, putting on her tangerine coloured dress and cherry blossom running shoes. She lightly skipped back to the mirror, which she ran her hand across to remove any remaining steam. "Tadaaaa! Well Miss Sophia Mermaidington, I think you are certified neat! Oh! I should bring some other shoes with me! Just in case I'm not using these bad boys!" She crouched down and poked her sweet looking shoes. To which she scooted her way over to her dresser and took out a smarter pair of shoes and placed them into her cool magical money bag. And with nothing else left to do in her room, Sophia embarked on a blissful jog as she made her way to collect an assortment of packages.​

Brutus
Interacting: Ms. Sophia Mermaidington ( metalcity metalcity )

Brutus floated in the middle of his room using a washcloth to slowly and carefully clean the face of Belle. She was the last of his dolls that needed cleaning today and he had used most of the night taking care of them all. As he finished washing the dolls face and set her down the alarm on his phone rang out with an obnoxiously loud horror movie scream. Turning it off he stood and stretched. "Good morning world! Time for another exciting day of people watching!" He looked around once before coming to stand in front of the mirror and doing a couple attempts at his scary face. He was wearing his usual outfit of a green jacket over a black hoodie and jeans. With his morning routine out of the way Brutus floated out the window to start his day. As the morning sun beat down on his translucent body and warmed his soul he recounted his goals for the day. "Find a dead body, make a friend, and find a reliable source for realistic fake blood. I'm gonna get at least two outta three today!"

Of course none of those would be easily achieved and he knew that. Since he had started his internship all the Reaper had told him to do was look around and wait for bodies to drop but as it turned out most beings in this city didn't have a habit of dropping dead just because a charming ghost asked them too. As far as making friends went he had made many efforts but people never seemed to linger around him for long as his hilarious jokes were misunderstood by the residents of this fine city. To tell the truth he hadn't looked for the fake blood yet and only decided to do so today for his next scare attempt. Brutus shook his head abruptly as he realized he was lost in thought and turned invisible before floating down the streets randomly. On passing the other pedestrians he would softly sing a snippet of one nursery rhyme or another and grin at their responses. In truth even if the person wasn't unsettled they would usually be surprised or confused and that was just as fun to the bored ghost.

Before long Brutus found his aimless path being crossed by a woman in an orange dress jogging past him. He was pretty sure that she was another one of the unpaid interns like himself and decided that warranted his attention. After all Lakoria kids did seem more likely to befriend him and or die and that was good enough for him. He floated along after her trying to figure out the best method of introduction before quickly giving up on thinking things through further and rushed ahead to float upside down a little ahead of her. Turning visible he assumed the brightest smile he could. "Hi, I'm Brutus! Would you mind some haunting company on your jog?" With any luck she would invite him to join her and he could pretend to actually use his legs again.

RP Picture.png

1587514534188.png

purple crystals.gif

"I think we should break up. It's not me, it's you. I just don't think....It was stupid of me to try and date a succubus. Ever since we have gotten together I have just had so many people watching me and I-I just feel like I'm constantly competing with some other man. And also these past few days I have just been really....really tired. Like super tired! So I'm sorry if you wanted to continue this but...I think this would be for the better. Goodbye Alistar. I hope you find whatever it is you are looking for."
And with that the werewolf stood up from his chair, set a 20 on the table, and gave Alistar one more saddened look before walking away.
"We were dating?" Alistar was completely baffled by this. They literally only met up twice for sex, how did he think they were serious? All he could do was stare wide eyed at the werewolf's back as he strolled confidently down that street. Looking like a chick from a damn movie about to start her new day.
Alistar just shrugged and continued to enjoy his delicious chocolate milkshake. ignoring the fact that the fool had called him a succubus. His "ex boyfriend" had suddenly invited him there and then seemed to have dumped him on the spot after they ordered some stuff. Well Alistar ordered things. And that chump actually paid for it all and left a tip! Alistar could buy this whole cafe and then some if he really wanted to. Oh well. More money for him!
'Well I may miss him. He was pretty cute. Werewolves...I fuck with them! But honestly he was very stupid. How can you be at least one hundred years old and still be so dumb?' A certain winged creature ran through his mind at one point. seeing as he ordered his drink to go, he thought it was about time that he got to work. Which he was very excited about because his job was the absolute best, sure he wasn't getting paid but he was still doing something he loved. It would even be fine if he had to do this for free forever. He has other ways of getting money. Many other ways. Honestly, seeing Sea'an's lovely self everyday was payment enough. he needed to hurry so he could be by his side and make his day a living hell.

Alistar made it to work a tiny bit late but not too bad. He entered through the back door and made his way to the employee room. Which was just a super small room that could barely hold four people. He got himself dressed into his uniform and took his hair out and ran a brush through it, deciding to leave it out today. Sea'an's voice had already been heard when he entered the shop. But what he wasn't expecting was to see his wonderful roommate.
"Sea'an~" He sang, "Look at you, taking care of this delightful customer here!" He leaned against the counter next to the other and smiled. "Foster, hello again. Are you looking for something specific, Darling?"

crystal ball purple.gif
purple crystals.gif Foxu Foxu Mistborn Mistborn purple crystals.gif

Last edited:
Foster Lancastre

Location: Bustling Bindings || Interacting: Alistar & Sea’an || Mentioned: Mistborn Mistborn Magical Squid Senpai Magical Squid Senpai

dduf5eh-261e7816-ee7a-459e-8114-669e93590f86.png

Foster’s strained face twisted into a mosaic of confusion. Were these newts…talking to him? He stepped back from the shelf before him on impulse, nearly knocking the display over. He looked up and immediately realized what the true source of the voices had been. Growing embarrassed over his obvious fright, the green man let out an all-too debonair, “Oh! Hey there.”

Foster leaned against the smooth counter with his full weight resting on his arms, positioning his legs such that the front of one ankle rested against the back of the other. He proceeded to look idly around himself; his vacant eyes settling slightly as he attempted to recognize the two very distinct figures in front of him. He leaned more heavily forward and spoke to Alistar as though no questions had been asked,” Oh my God! Did we go to high school together? You’re the guy who lit his motorcycle on fire and drove through the cafeteria on it, right?! DUDE THAT WAS EPIC!!!” He spoke with an overzealous excitement as he emoted frantically,” You know, you look juuuust like my roommate, only his hair is like...breaded.” Foster moved his hand in a perfect braiding motion, making his blunder all the more confusing.

The words of Sea’an finally registered in Foster’s mind halfway through his anecdote, he blinked vapidly. He had come here for some reason other than disturbing the dead, hadn’t he? Foster spread his arms out widely to either side and looked under them, as if he'd find anything of value anywhere near himself. He scuffled back from the counter as he turned to look behind himself. His sneakers, noticeably new, squeaked loudly.

“I …I think I’m lost.”

Sea’an Telaris Vaarul
Interacting: Foster, Alistar
Mentioned: Foxu Foxu Magical Squid Senpai Magical Squid Senpai

Sea’an knew that this wasn’t the first time Foster had done something like this, but decided that today he was simply going to let the man wander through the store until Alistar eventually showed up for work. And as if he had spoke of the devil he noticed the man casually stroll into the storefront. A small glance was all that the skeleton gave to Alistar as they perched up beside him. Sea’an knew his latest ‘customer’ and Alistar shared a living space, so he had an idea who Foster generally was by proxy. However he had no idea how either of them were still alive, because he knew that neither were competent enough to take care of the other. An audible sigh slipped out at Fosters reply, although it came off as more of an annoyed groan. “Well, welcome to the Bustling Bindings magical item emporium, home to countless magical and esoteric artifacts. My name is Sea’an, and this is Alistar.”
He knew better than to directly insult the man, customer or not, while he was on company time on company grounds, so be settled with internalizing his insults for the time being. The tone he used throughout his entire statement was a mix of aggravation, melancholy, and that of a disappointed adult speaking to a child. Sea'an gestured over to the man beside him at the same time, jingling his silver and sapphire armband while doing so.​

Sophia Mermaidington

Interacting

Silvis Silvis

The joyful leg shifting Mermaid had left her humble abode and was on her way. Like usual, this mermaid spent her mornings warming up those legs with a jog, so they could be prepared for any situation that requires leg. Where would this jog take her? Hopefully the post office.

Sophia was jamming out on her jog, humming and singing to many a tune. She's gotten so good at jogging she can even do it with her eyes closed while doing all sorts with her upper body jigs! Which isn't ideal when in a dress, it flaps all over the place and the risk of nose to pavement contact is high. That's why when Sophia enters the more crowded parts of her morning route, she makes sure to keep those eyes open, but today was a slightly different day as something floated near the end of the path. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it’s some weird upside-down teen. COOL!!! What wasn't cool however was the unstable excitement radiating off young Sophia Mermaidington, leading to a struggle while trying to stop. She lifted her arms and waved them anti-clockwise next to herself to try slow down, but to no success. Next she tried leaning backwards while continuing with her funky arm movements, and to mild victory! Huzzah! Until she started to fall backwards! Unhuzzah! Quickly the mermaid redirected her leaning forwards which worked almost as well as the previous lean attempt. She did this a couple of times until she was a whole single centre meter away from the mysterious cool floaty boy. "Um...Hi!!" Sophia excitedly and somewhat unexpectedly spurted out. After which she covered her mouth, scooted back one step at a time and let out another excited "Hi!" To the floating boy.

As someone who spent their childhood in the sea, Sophia has seen some weird stuff, mainly different fish types, and fish who would eat those fish, then people who'd eat those fish, then just eat all meat really. Tad messed up, can't people just eat some salad? But a floating dude? Never ever! Until now! How exciting. Sophia couldn't help but notice that the boy had a slight see throughness to him. A see throughish dude at a monster school intern place thingymawhosits? My incredible detective work deduces that hecould only be one thing. Finishing her thought, the boy spoke, and oh boy! A jogging partner!! And the promise of a haunting time! The mermaid squealed slightly as she did a little excited dance before exclaiming "Sure! I'd love that! I have to ask question though, are you one of those cloud zombie people? I don't mean any offence, but your floating is super-duper cool!" She continued with, getting super excited in this dream like scenario, she could possibly learn a new leg type!! It'd be like one of those rare holographic toys!​

Last edited:
'How has this man kept himself alive for so long?'
"Foster, It is me. Your roommate...." He went through this almost everyday . But he wasn't going to just always have his hair braided just for Foster! Couldn't be possible. Alistar listened to Sea'an happily explain to Foster where he was and who the two of them where. It will never cease to amaze him how quickly Foster could forget something. But Alistar tried his best to keep his cool every time. Seeing as he was working to better himself and not be such an asshole, not helping foster would be very rude.
seeing that Sea'an was done with this whole interaction, Alistar stepped from behind the counter and sauntered over to his friend.
"Foster, can you remember where you were supposed to be in the first place? Were you on your way to your job?"

Mistborn Mistborn Foxu Foxu
(Sorry for the short post. Forgive me)

Brutus
Interacting: Ms. Sophia Mermaidington ( metalcity metalcity )

Brutus was hopeful and excited while waiting for the orange clad woman but then she started her windmilling and leaning. He would have smiled bigger and even laughed in glee at how frightened she was by him but he was too stunned. He had frightened many people before even to the point that they seemed to have lost their wits but never before has someone reacted so exaggeratedly as this. By time he remembered he could react the darling young lady was already saying hi and he had lost his opportunity to react to the windmilling. His anticipation then further paid off when she said sure and his smile grew into a happy grin that froze as she finished her question.

"Yes. I am indeed a cloud zombie and you are very astute to notice." He spoke with all the seriousness he could muster. He had decided that he was now and likely forever more a cloud zombie because that is without a doubt much cooler than being a ghost. He was certain that this was without a doubt the highlight of his day as it was but then he realized she had also complimented his floating and that made it even better. "Thank you for the compliment, it took a lot of practice!" In truth floating came naturally to him but he wouldn't admit that here. He flipped right side up and only then realized a problem with this scenario. He had no idea where she was jogging or why but he quickly tossed that to the back of his head in favor of a far more interesting notion. "So can I ask what you are then, Ms?" He trailed off with the realization he didn't know her name. Sure it might be a little rude to ask like this but he felt he had far too few hints to go off of for a guess. Besides he was still caught up on cloud nine over his new status as a cloud zombie.

Sophia Mermaidington

Interacting

Silvis Silvis

The leg shifting Mermaid's jog came to an abrupt stop when the jolly cloud zombie, Brutus, greeted Sophia on this wonderful day. Would they become friends? Most definitly! Would she make it to work time? Probably not.

Sophia was delighted to have been so astute she couldn't help but give herself a couple mini celebatory fist pumps, what a joyous time to be alive. Speaking of alive, a real living cloud zombie man! Here in the mystical flesh that is cloud, amazing! To be in this program a short amount of time and already meet such a wonderful being brought a beaming smile to the mermaids face. Her excitement grew as the boy spoke of some magical practice he does to stay afloat, could Sophia learn of this cool technique? Perhaps, but it would mean less leg work. But alternativly, it could require leg work to float! If so, the possibilities could be endless!! However while lost in this thought she almost missed the question presented by Brutus, which would have been tragically embarrasing. It still did take the mermaid a second to catch up, but Sophia grew a grin as she answered "Nope" she replied as she wipped away her grin and turned her head to the side as she pouted closed her eyes, for ultimate dramatic effect. She then opened her eyes again and her grin returned, a second later she turned back towards the floating dude and raised her hand infront of him, holding up three fingers "However you do get three attempts to guess it right." She giggled, giving each finger a little wiggle. One reason for this was she was still partially thinking if she could be a floaty boy as well.​

Foster Lancastre

Location: Bustling Bindings || Interacting: Alistar, Sea’an || Mentioned: Mistborn Mistborn Magical Squid Senpai Magical Squid Senpai

dduf5eh-261e7816-ee7a-459e-8114-669e93590f86.png

“Oh my god! All Star! I haven’t seen you since this morning…what are you doing at Buslting Bindings? Sea’an told me that that’s where we are.”

The man lifted a hand to the side of his face with an air of secrecy. Foster narrowed his eyes and leaned forward to whisper,” Are you lost too?”

Going to work? His memory was jogged by the question.

He slammed his fists down on the counter with enough force to wake the dead. Unfortunately for Sea’an, he had not been asleep. Not that he needed to sleep in the first place.

“You guys! I was running to work yesterday when I realized that I didn’t have school- er, work that day! So I decided to come visit you here, but this nice man in the alley outside asked me if I could help him find something in the trash. He helped me inside the dumpster, but I think he got confused because he slammed the lid down and left me in the dark. I eventually found my way out- but I deiced to leave my shoes in the alleyway as a gift for you guys.”

He smiled broadly,” But I can’t walk without shoes, that would be obscene!”

Foster swung his leg up and brought his arms down over it in an elaborately invigorated motion, showing off his jazzy new trainers.

“So I bought these babies…but I miss my old shoes…so I came by to get them back…All Star, dude, you’re so smart!”
Foster shot Alistar finger guns, excited that he’d somehow managed to crack the code to his empty mind.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back