• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern (Koicomi) Communication Through Miscommunication.

It was as if whoever was in charge of putting Burgerqueens down had a sixth sense for knowing the BESTEST locations. Or so Raika mused. Though she also heard rumors that each Burgerqueen was its own thing. But then again, she didn't really know how all that worked anyways, "No pickles." Her favorite involved no pickles! "No takebacks! You're going to have a BLAST of an experience."

With that, it was settled.
WIth that, Uta too would join the chicken nuggets ice cream lovers!

Fortune was on Raika's side at least here, as the giant digital board made advertisements for vegan foodstuffs. Including vegan ice cream. Who craved ice cream in the middle of the night anyway? Everybody. Giving Uta another nod, Raika went to the empty counter.

"A most wonderful evening!"
"Sigh ... yes?"
"I'd very much like TWO Queen's Rescue Menu! One with a Big Queen, curly fries, AND... a coke. The other is a Whoops with vegan cheese, potato wedges, and a sprite." She gave that poor person the most motivated stare Raika could muster. If anything, it seemed to creep them out just a little bit. "Oh, and a basket of nuggies and some of that vegan vanilla ice cream please!" And right, the pickles! "Also, the whoops without pickles. We do not add the pickles."

"Sigh any MORE wishes?" - "A competent pyrotechnician." - "What?" - "I simply wish for some GREAT customer service, dear burger-flipper!" - "Uuhh... sure."

With that out of the way, Raika got a shield with a number on it. Clearly, they'd bring the order to their place. So all the two had to do was sit down. "The deed is done, dear Uta. The food will soon arrive!" Raika spoke, sitting across from him and crossing her arms. "Did you know..." A faint grin. "They've got vegan ice cream! No lactose to worry about, tonight, and more the all nuggets to enjoy." He would have already likely heard her loud voice before, today Uta would suffer experience what pure bliss tasted like!

"Though the Burgerbento was tempting Raika quite a lot, too."

"Vegan ice cream?" Uta gave another glance to the rather dreary employers working from the counter. They wouldn't just have an vegan option open and then use the same ice-cream anyway. He gulped, god he hoped they wouldn't.

But anyway, there was someone across him that deserved his attention.

"Such....delicacies."
He said to himself as he pondered his fate of having to actually try the 'combo' meal that Raika had mentioned numerous times. He was pretty sure this is how culture wars began, but nevertheless as he watched the server walk over with the dish containing their meals. He gave his friend an inquisitive look.
"All great inventions require tact of the mind.
A philosopher's soul, and a whimsical heart.
So I must ask, my dear Raika.
What came first?
The chicken or the icecream?"

He opened his bag up. Taking out the wedges (he would begin with those first knowing for sure they wouldn't poison him). He popped one into his mouth with a smile. "H-H-hot!" He said, doing the classic tongue-burn shuffle that anyone who had underestimated the temperature of what they were eating did. The boy looked over to what Raika had ordered herself. "Oh, if you want, take some of my wedges and I'll have some of your curlies.

And yes, perhaps this
is another way for me
to eat what you eat"

"Raika came first." She gave Uta a strong nod. "For if there's zero demand for the meals of heaven, there is no demand for chicken!... Or ice cream." Somewhat of a loaded sentence, but the truth! "Thank you, Uta..." She took a wedge, nomming on it and showing no problems with the heat. "BUT, let it be known that the market for Raika's delicacies are always open to you for the GREAT price of ZERO, yes!" Continuing to munch, she let Uta have some of the curlies before he eventually unwrapped his burger and-

"! Raika's Raika senses are tingling: They're whispering to me: Danger!" Before Uta could take a bite, the girl grabbed the burger out of his hand and inspected it. Which was the simple gesture of dividing the top and bottom. Revealing the devil in disguise: "Pickles! Once again, we have been stabbed in the back! Oohhh the pain!" Couldn't Uta just remove the pickles himself? "This shall not stand! NO longer will Raika TOLERATE this kind of lackluster act of SERVICE. She shall embrace her inner demons for just a moment..." With a nod, Uta wouldn't get the burger back so soon. Instead, Raika stood up and went to the counter.

"Excuse me!"
"...Huh?"
"This Whoops has pickles on it!"
"Duh, yes..."
"Raika asked, in the most friendliest manner: No pickles please."
"So, just remove them and stop being so loud, will ya?"
"You are tearing on my ALREADY broken heart! Was it THAT difficult to adhere to grant but one simple wish of Raika?! What IF, hypothetically speaking, you've also SIMPLY forgotten the vegan cheese and instead primed the food with a lactose landmine!?"
"Uuuhhh..."
"For you see, today would have been the most WONDERFUL of all days. A walk in the forest, an adventure of untold proportions, and a FINISH with the most galactic view! TOPPED by MY confession through fireworks if ONLY the pyrotechnician hadn't failed to SPELL the name of Uta! And now, HERE we are. Another travesty brought forth by the INCOMPETENCE of the service industry! Raika is, for a better lack of words, angry."

For once, the Burgerqueen server seemed somewhat taken aback. Somewhat understanding Raika(?), before giving a way smaller sigh and saying. "Look, okay. We all have our bad days. Sorry, that happened to you, and sorry for the pickles. We can get you a new one. I... actually am not sure about the cheese, yeah, you'll get it in just a sec... the ice cream is vegan, thou."

Raika nodded. "Thank you SO much, we shall be waiting." Seemingly okay with the apology, the girl turned on the spot, and sat down once again in front of Uta. "I apologize for you having to wait now." Giving a hmph, she nommed on her own Big Queen. Maybe she'd eat the Whoops later.

He felt he should have gone up to calm down Raika when she stood up with a purpose. Really, he could just remove the pickles himself and was about to tell her that. But then she raised a good point that perhaps it would be good to check they actually gave him the vegan cheese. So he laid his head upon his hands and watched his friend speak to the manager employee.

She spoke with such passion, even more then she normally did that the words kinda just slipped by him. A broken heart over no pickles, perhaps that was a bit much. Something about fire works. Incompetence of service etc et-

What was that about misspelling fireworks?

I LOVE YOU UWA

Uwa.
Uta.

Oh.

As Raika returned to eat her burger with some satisfaction. Uta sat there open jawed, staring at her in silence.

"Uwa..."

The pyrotechnics...

"hehe"

He smiled.

"hehehehehehehee-"

They misspelled his name...

"heehehehehehahahhaha-
HAHAHAHH

*SNORT*
HAHAHHAHAH
*SNORT*
HAHAHAA-"

In this vacated fast-food restaurant at night. Uta was truly laughing.
It probably wasn't as creepy as his usual laugh.
But who knows?
He didn't really care.

"Raika....."
Uta wiped a tear from his eye, chuckling all the while.

"I think I've realised
We're both idiots.
Our words leave questions.
Static sound to others
But I don't mind.
Yours sounds like beautiful music to me."

He took her hand, as he had done many times today.

"An entire show for me.
I cannot repeat for you.
But know this.

That the reply will always be-

I love you too Raika.

In as many colours as you want.
In as many forms as you wish.

I love you too."

"..?" For a moment, Raika stared blankly at him at his adorable laughter. It was... more cute than usual? Before he said those three, four, words. 'I love you too.' "...?" Love her? too? What? Slowly, but surely, the gears in her head started to turn. Replaying the past five minutes that had happened in reverse. His blunt confession. His adorable laughter. Her exchange with the employee. Her words. The huh's. The pickles. ... Right, she had just said something she didn't mean to in the heat of the moment, did she not? And Uta replied. Her eyes wandered to their hands.

"..."

For the first time ever, Raika started to blush so incredibly strong, that one could assume she had a different skin color. It never bothered her before. So why suddenly now!? Did everything sort of catch up to her? It- it wasn't any different from before! And now- and now...

"Ah..." The loud girl was at a loss for words. Timid, even. This wasn't how it was supposed to go! It wasn't how she imagined it to be! So why was she suddenly grinning like a complete idiot, too?! "..." Instead of language, Raika gave Uta an overly strong nod. Whatever that meant. Before getting up, leaving his hand, and walking around the table to Uta's side. If everything else had been a disaster so far, they could just as well incite more chaos!

Once there, Raika sat down again. "I... am glad..." She whispered, pulling him into a hug. She could feel her strength returning. Was it, because he was able to see her face before and now couldn't?! Was this how romance worked IN PRACTICE?! Gaaaahhh... she somewhere thought to herself.

Thus, she repeated, this time more confidently, directly onto his ear. "I love you!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back