• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Kingdom Hearts: Fade Into Light

ReaperMelia

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Thanks to the work of heroes like Sora, Riku, and Kairi, the worlds have enjoyed a long period of peace. Keyblades began to once again find their way to those with strong hearts, and as such, a group of heroes both old and new came together to form the secretive Keyblade Coalition and train future generations of wielders. This organization has turned the Land of Departure into its main base of operations, though its members are spread throughout the worlds. Some choose to train their apprentices in the field while others work together in the castle to pool together their resources and knowledge for their students to learn in a collaborative environment. Due to individuals such as Master Riku proving that darkness can be used for good, the Coalition has learned to not shun those who gravitate towards the power of darkness. It holds the mantra that the road one chooses to take in life is what matters, not the source of one's power.

However, a new group is threatening to engulf the worlds in chaos and terror once again. This group seeks to use the power of light to exterminate all traces of darkness from the worlds, striking down anyone or anything that uses its power. Its members believe that allowing darkness to propagate will only allow extremists such as Xehanort to rise again and harm countless innocent lives. This group, known as the Luminaries, has managed to stay hidden, though rumors of strange individuals have made their way to the Coalition. Now, as a new group of Keyblade warriors prepares for the Coalition's next Mark of Mastery exam, the Luminaries have set their plan into motion. Will these aspiring heroes be able to vanquish their new foes, or will the blinding light of the Luminaries shine on an era of false justice and lost hope?

Hello everyone, and welcome to Kingdom Hearts: Fade Into Light! This RP will focus on a group of Keyblade wielders traveling the worlds to investigate the appearance of a mysterious new group that has taken its devotion to the light to a new extreme. This is a revamped version of an RP I ran a long time ago. Some of the original members will be joining in, but we wanted to leave it open for others here on RPN to join in as well! I'll list the rules and some other important notes below.

Rules:
  1. Be excellent to each other. Please be respectful of all players. You can disagree and have respectful debates, but I won't tolerate any fighting, insulting, or hate speech.
  2. Every player must have at least one wielder from the Keyblade Coalition. Each player can have up to two Coalition members, and I'll also allow each player to create one Luminary if they would like. You can also choose to play a Coalition member who doesn't necessarily wield a Keyblade but still helps them protect the world order (think someone like Donald or Goofy). That being said, our characters are participating in the Mark of Mastery exam, so none of them are masters yet.
  3. This RP is for players who are 18+ only.
  4. All content in the RP must be kept to a T rating. Nothing NSFW, please.
  5. No godmodding or controlling other players' characters without permission. Please keep all characters' power levels appropriate for wielders undergoing their Mark of Mastery exam.
  6. Please post at least once a week with at least a paragraph or two of text. Please let me know if something comes up and you'll be unable to post within that timeframe. I'd be happy to work something out, but I can't do that unless you fill me in first.
  7. All characters must be OCs. Your character can be related to canon characters from their home world, but you can't play as one yourself.

Notes:
  • Due to the freedom the Coalition offers its members, our wielders may have trained alongside each other at the Land of Departure, but they could have also trained independently on one of the countless worlds with a roaming master! Your character's training is up to you. Feel free to ask other players if you want your characters to have some sort of familiarity with one another!
  • Each wielder can also have a different home world. In terms of world pools, anything that fits an IP/category already featured in Kingdom Hearts (KH originals, Disney, Pixar, Final Fantasy, and The World Ends With You) is free game for your character's home. If you'd like your character to have a home world from another IP owned by either Disney (Outside of traditional Disney/Pixar) or Square Enix, feel free to ask! I don't want to incorporate any worlds that aren't directly connected to Disney or Square Enix or anything that would be too far out of left field, but I'm open to most things within those categories.
  • The Luminaries can wield Keyblades, but they can also use other weapons if you'd prefer to use something else!

Last edited:
ReaperMelia ReaperMelia Are you okay with me bringing in the FFXV world Eos? It would be more like Radiant Garden in that it's a place where FF characters can come from rather than an exact recreation of the Final Fantasy setting. The character idea I have draws from the story ideas in FFXV, but like Axel, it's a familiar idea reworked into something new for KH.

ReaperMelia ReaperMelia Are you okay with me bringing in the FFXV world Eos? It would be more like Radiant Garden in that it's a place where FF characters can come from rather than an exact recreation of the Final Fantasy setting. The character idea I have draws from the story ideas in FFXV, but like Axel, it's a familiar idea reworked into something new for KH.
Yeah, that's fine with me!

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been quiet the last few days, things have been pretty busy. I'm planning to get the OOC thread up tomorrow so we can discuss the RP there. We're still waiting on sheets from two players ( JuniperBoi JuniperBoi and Soul-Eater Evans Soul-Eater Evans , who hasn't responded here but does plan to join). Unless anyone else joins in, we should be all set after those sheets are ready!

Yep! Anything from Disney's main animation studio is open for character home worlds/backstories.
Awesome!
My next question is, exactly how strict is the "ideally 18-25" age bracket mentioned in the CS? I was going to try my hand at one or more members of the Madrigal family, but only three of them fall within that age range, so I would need to either take one of those three or age up the characters a bit.

Hey everyone! Sorry about the wait on the OOC thread. Here's the link to it!

Awesome!
My next question is, exactly how strict is the "ideally 18-25" age bracket mentioned in the CS? I was going to try my hand at one or more members of the Madrigal family, but only three of them fall within that age range, so I would need to either take one of those three or age up the characters a bit.
Just making sure, are you planning to play as one of the characters from Encanto, or were you planning to make an OC from that world? I probably should have specified this in the rules, but our characters all need to be OCs. I'm fine with them being related to canon characters, but there won't be any canon characters in the party. I'm sorry if I caused any confusion by not bringing that up sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back