• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Kimetsu No Yaiba; Who...and what we fight for.

Characters
Here
Watanabe Jin.

it is unfortunate for this demon, if there was one thing Jin was, it was slippery. More eel than man in a way. the clawed handreached forwards, managing to grasp his face! But with the force off came his scarf. Were it a intended feature? Or perhaps Jin was simply terrible at tieing masks together from scarves? If so, the fact may have just saved his life and spine. But did he have enough of one anyways for it to be broken?

"NANI!!" the young man had leaned back an almost full ninety degrees before scrambling back away from the demon on all fours, rolling backwards, and back up to neutral stance. The brief display of on ground acrobatics, enough to illicit a small smattering of applause form the ghosts likely lingering in the area.

Who were also wondering if he'd survive a technical four against one.

"Oi oi oi what in.... Oh shit another..." he pauses, examining the demons now, his eyes glancing form the masks he could see.. And the bits he could see on the back side... "...Yea know, i've heard of folks being two faced, but four? Not healthy for your relationships man, should think about your life abit." the young man had his hand upon his sword now, feet placed in a forward stance, body crouching light to shorten his frame, eyes on the man ahead, awaiting his next move...

"...Still, cool masks. Noh actor? whats the face you got on now say to me?"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Blood Demon Art: Malevolence Mold
He who makes a beast out of himself...

The blow from the demon's blade to Renji's was met with the loud sound of metal against metal, the strength behind it bordering on unheard of by Renji's traditional skill set...but of course, he was facing his own form in demon guise, of course the strength was more than usual. "Don't know anything? Oh, you ignorant little shit, you're the one who doesn't know." The kick into the demon was like leveling his foot into a brick wall...unmoving and unyielding. But interestingly enough, just like its blade, real enough for him to touch...which gave the outside appearance of Renji simply kicking off of nothing. The demon flourished its blade as its human half spoke, a prehensile tongue flicking the air before it before withdrawing back into a fang-filled maw. "Let's cover that all, one by one shall we? Is that what mankind does with its gods? Be it Japan, or the west...we all cow-tow to higher powers! Give up our lives for them, wage wars in their name, invoke their names for strength. What we have done is no different. My higher power is simply real enough to grant me the strength we need!" As if mirroring Renji the demonic form took a few strides forward, stopping when he did. "The strong use others to become stronger. That is how the world works. Humanity are as much a parasite as demons are. You know that as well, deep down. How did you get stronger? You had a lord who gave you training to be there. And you let him die, just like the rest. Was that strength earned? Did you seek out the trainers yourself? Did you pay their wages?"

The demon adjusted the grip on his blade, rolling a shoulder, attention never leaving his opponent. "Deep down Renji, you're already what I am. You don't care about mercy, or anything for that matter. You'll tell someone one thing and believe another. Play both sides to the argument just to laugh about it later. Entrance a woman just because you find it fun. You offer pitfalls for all and then when they meet this belief that they'll fall, they're lesser than you. You are me! You will play games because you find it fun. It is not penance or redemption you seek, you seek bloodshed! Glorious bloodshed just to make yourself stronger! And let's not even get STARTED on the pride and ego you boast, because we'll be here all day! But yet you stick among the Slayers, despite their flaws and failures! So tell me, my former self...who is really weak? The man who pretends to be 'genuine', or the man who made a beast of himself and revels in it!? For I feel not the pain of humanity now, and I enjoy the life of the beast you despise so much!" The demon crouched low, grip adjusting on his blade. "And that's why I'll be taking control... Blood Demon Breathing First Form: Oni Guard of Nakara!" Certainly not a form Renji owned per say, but rather a combination of both. The demon quickly darted forward in the traditional style of the first form, only to practically blink back into existence in front of Renji...the combination of Breathing techniques with Demon physiology offering terrifying results. And down came the blade, the second half of the attack but a move that Renji knew to be his Second Form...and given the strength, the demon displayed earlier with just a simple sword swing, there was no telling the kind of devastation that could be wrought with Nakara's downward. "It's been over a week, and that stupid little instructor still lives rent-free in our head! 'What separates the Corps from the Demons', is that what she said!? Tell me, do you have your answer now!?"
Phayne Phayne

The Woods

It was the unfortunate fact of the matter that a being without wings had no mobility in the air. By this fact alone, the demon only had the fact it was rocketing forward at breakneck speeds at what should have been a prone opponent, and that had been the case moments before. Unfortunately, that was no longer the truth. The Gravity Slayers blade, end over end did it spin, cleaving the demon in half from top of the skull to sternum leaving it with an almost 'peeled banana' body type. He had no arms to block with, no mobility to speak of, and was flying towards a sword that had been thrown at him. There was quite literally no feasible escape for him. To add insult to injury the Water Breather's whirlpool carved the demon apart into three segments, one cut at the waist and the other at the sternum, causing the demon to fly off in quadrants. His left upper body landed to the left, and the right much the same, legs sent hurtling into the tree line. Despite what would certainly be certain death as soon as the Slayers separated his head from his actual neck, the halves of demon couldn't look more pleased, a wide grin on his skeletal face. "Absolutely beautiful...such glorious bloodshed! I've lost...so give praise! Praise unto Muzan!" For a demon to proclaim the name of their progenitor meant only one thing...certain and unavoidable death, in the worst way possible. But there was also the fact that this particular demon seemed quite unhinged, bordering on a religious zealot in how he spoke. One thing Slayers may not know, however, was the former....to speak of Muzan as a demon, meant to die. The Demon's carved apart body convulsed and jerked as a collection of large monstrous arms sprouted from its form, clubbing and clawing it. And through it all, the demon's screams of pain were met with a zealous laugh. "I told you! His worshippers shall not be killed by humans!" Slowly screams and laughter died out, the unhinged demon little more than three large puddles of viscera on the ground where its body had fallen, not even a twitch or sign of regeneration present.

Total Temple Demon Fatalities: One
Kloudy Kloudy weiikaza weiikaza

full

993f62f9413a7c281f31932ddb938e28.png

6171f57d9e82400387593b746c86ff7c.png

Mentions: Demon Renji ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

"Ha.." gasped Renji as he was forcefully lowered to one knee, his arms shaking at the sheer pressure coming from the demon's force. It was taking almost everything for Renji to keep the demon's blade away from his face; the slayer utilizing the basic process of strengthening his arms that would have normally been required to initiate his 2nd form; though the disparity in physical strength was still quite evident. "Do you really take pride in this strength of yours? Some 'hand-me-down' from some coward too afraid to reveal himself?" questioned Renji; his voice raspy. "Gods, higher powers... who the fuck cares what we call them. I care not for their charity... it's just a a strength that isn't mine and what isn't mine can always be taken away at a whim.." Renji gasped for air as his arms began to protest. "True strength.. is one you attain on your own. One that you forge through arduous training and sacrifice... not from begging your master at the dinner table for some scraps... You're nothing more than a pet to Muzan... a mongrel fortunate enough to be given a morsel of false power and now assumes to think that you have a place in this world..." Renji gasped again, a spittle of blood escaping his mouth as momentarily paused.

Having no other option but to continue listening to the demon's speech, Renji could only laugh inwardly at how fixated this monstrosity was in regards to strengths and weakness. Was this really how he appeared to everyone else?

"I pity you... and I despise you" groaned Renji who was visibly feeling the strain from that attack. "What separates the corps from the demons?? I don't fucking know... However... what seperates me from you is my humanity...my innate ability to surpass my previous self, whereas you will be forever stuck as someone who could only ever rely on someone elses power"

Renji took a deep pained breath, his muscles tensing as the air around him grew thin. "3rd form: Breath of Garuda" he managed to croak, his body beginning to feel lighter. A technique based on the principals of Total concentration breathing, it had evolved a stage further during the harsh training; the technique becoming a 'limit breaker' of sorts. Akin to double dosing on total concentration breathing, Renji would further increase his abilities at the cost of a severe backlash.

A make or break moment, if Renji was to prove his point about surpassing his present limits; it would be now and faith could offer no better opponent that the demonized caricature of himself. Body burning, bones creaking and muscles tearing; Renji would slowly begin to push back against the force of the demons attack. He'd need only a single moment, an opening before he'd attempt to behead the demon.
[/COLOR][/B]
full

1639850504577.png
Name: Tatsuo Mori
Interaction/Mention: ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

She was standing right in front of him, after all these years this was the closest he's ever been and even then she wasn't real. She began to yell at him, blaming him for everything that happened to her. Why wasn't he there? When she needed him most why couldn't he be there to protect her? He remembered then job as if it was yesterday. Some dumbass took money from a loan shark and couldn't pay it back on time. The job ran through the family and the boss offered it to Tatsuo. He knew his little sister's birthday was coming up, and he wanted to buy her a Shakuhachi flute. Course those flutes costed a pretty penny since he wanted only the best one for her, after all she wanted to play music for people as a musician. The money was big, guy most have taken a lot from the loan shark, might be a rich playboy. Tatsuo took the job knowing his sister would be fine, after all she can take care of herself. Tatsuo found the guy at a whorehouse, hoping to blow off some steam perhaps. Guy was a pushover, a few punches and a broken nose later offered up all the money he had. He took the cash, and knocked the man out as he went to meet the Shark. He got his money from the job and bought the flute his sister wanted.

Tatsuo wanted to yell back, to explain that it wasn't his fault! How was he to know what would happen! He stopped himself and sighed shakily, that would be taking the easy way out of this. He watched as she got closer and closer, screaming at the top of her lungs. Her breath visible on the cold air. Tatsuo simply gave her a hug, rubbing the back of her head.
"You're right I should have stayed home. I should have been there when you needed me. I should have protected you, but I didn't. No amount of excuses or I'm sorry could ever change that. You were my hopes and dreams, you were supposed to live the life I never could. You were smarter, more charming, elegant, you should have been the one to live, and I should've been the one to die. No matter what though, I can't change the past. All I can do is to save your soul, to free you from the curse you have. It's all my fault."

Tatsuo let loose a few tear as he closed his eyes and hugged his little sister tighter.

CODE / ARKNIGHT
Erwin Kott

Until death
TAGS: ( ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles ) ( Archdemon Archdemon ) ( Phayne Phayne )

After the six true and accurate shots, Franz was still there, his face even more destroyed than before. Erwin could clearly see through it, and the damned corpse kept making his way towards the man. Something, deep inside the Westerner, started to resonate with what had just happened. Something that clicked only on that single moment. Even through his furious rant, a tiny feeling started to brew inside the German: what was happening was simply impossible. Even in a world of vicious demons, beings that could be mangled, destroyed and still keep functioning, that was detached world from what Erwin saw before his very eyes. A lingering feeling that something was off couldn’t be shaken from his own head, as Franz continued.

The man teeth scrapped against each other, listening to his dead friend. The more and more information he got in, the more the feeling that too many things were jumbled grew. The corpse itself had said: Erwin had seen his long-lost comrade’s death, so he knew he couldn’t be moving. And yet, he couldn’t help but tighten his grip around the service pistol - “Oh yes, I did mourn it. I mourned the fact that I was stationed in some colony instead of where it really mattered, like Verdrun” - the man smirked, showing an expression of someone who was relieved that the charade was actually over.

The German holstered his pistol, opening his arms and pointing all around, as if presenting the battlefield for the ghost in front of him - “Look around. Say we had held until the end of the war, what then? From what I heard, the Kaiser ran away with his tails between his legs, didn’t he? Leaving everything in the hands of that incompetent dog, von Hindenburg? Tsingtao would still be in Japanese hands, maybe as a kind of ‘appeasement’” - the man coolness and expression deteriorated by the second.

Brandishing his officer’s sword, he actually began to move towards that mimicry of Franz. His damned, leather jack boots made pretty loud ‘slushy’ sounds, stepping on the wet dirt - “Did I mourn any of you? I mourned you, Franz. But that is only because I knew you even before the military school. Them?” - he asked, turning towards the other corpses that groaned and assigned blame to the Hessian - “While their loss is tragic, I do not. That is a soldier’s life, isn’t it? To be spent wherever the generals see fit. Do I have not a single shred of guilt from the outcome in here? I can’t say I don’t. Certainly there were things I could have done it better, but…” - and there, approaching further than one meter, he moved the sword upwards, the tip of the blade touching and pushing the corpse’s head upwards, appearing ready to slash it at any moment - “... you will be hard-pressed to find an officer of my own rank who did a better job in the port’s defence. I can’t say it is all your fault for dying, but, while I fled, I kept fighting. Would you have done the same? Or would have you scurry back to the Fatherland?”

And the Westerner started to laugh, his free hand moving to his own face to cover his open mouth, loud cackles leaving it. His voiced echoed through that disgusting cemetery, being heard by all the lost souls in it and, certainly, those outside the feverish dream as well - “So much so that I keep fighting, Franz. Now in a new war, maybe against the only true enemy that ever mattered” - Erwin pressed forward, the blade started to slowly pierce and penetrate the underside of Franz’s skull - “Fret not. If your rage is that I am alive, while you are not, I am pretty sure it won’t take too much for me to follow you to the underworld”

Blood Demon Art: Malevolence Mold
Facing Inner Demons

The demonic variation of Renji continued to bear down, the crushing weight from the adjusted Breathing style something terrifying to be held in its own unique way. "Strength is strength, you simpleton! Whether it's gained from the breaking of hearts, the draining of wallets, or the worship of gods. All that matters in this world is being powerful! You still don't have an answer to that damned question. Do you know why!? There isn't one! She said it just to get under our skins! She's weak, as are you!" Of course, such a statement would soon be proven wrong as Renji performed what could only be described as a 'limit break' on his own body...the only way it could have gotten any more impressive, perhaps, is if his body had manifested Hysterical Strength. Slowly the demon's sword was pushed back, inch by inch, that scowl on his face ever-present. "Even if you kill me, I'll always be a part of you Renji. Hide it, bury it, pretend it's not there. But deep down, I live in your head, just like that pathetic trainer of yours!" Whether this was true, or simply empty threats by a visage that showed even less human kindness than Renji had in his heart was impossible to tell for now. The demon's blade was sent upwards as Renji delivered enough of a push to break the clash of blades, the opening there. And with how quickly his body was moving, it was hard to miss such an opening...should he follow through and decapitate the demon, everything would just as quickly jump back to routine. The demon would be gone, not even disintegrating. After all, it was simply an illusion, surely? No truth had come from this interaction surely. With Renji torn from that little pseud-reality, he could hear the clashing blades of the demoness and Kinoe at the top of the stairs at the back wall, on the second floor. "Just how long do you expect to keep this up!?" "Until you're dead, obviously."
Phayne Phayne
-----------

Blood Demon Art: Spores of Doom
Finding the path of atonement

The young girl could only stare at Tatsuo as he wrapped her in a hug, her body shaking as she thumped a fist at his chest. "You were always so concerned on giving me what you thought I needed or deserved! You didn't think maybe I was happy as we were!?...But...but..." The thumping of her fist at his chest came to a halt, the girl shaking. "I still love you. Even if you're not perfect, you're the perfect brother for me...I know you'll do what's right." Another thump at his chest, and then there was the distinct feeling of nothing in his arms. No rain against his skin. No scent of blood or concrete, no dogs or cats barking. And if he were to open his eyes, he'd find himself back in the temple, the sound of blades clashing with claws none too far away. "Just how long do you expect to keep this up!?" "Until you're dead, obviously."
Archdemon Archdemon
--------

Blood Demon Art: Spores of Doom
A comrades last wish

In Franz's eyes with Kott so close, he could see something different from anger. Exhaustion, weariness...acceptance. A look any war veteran could feel deep in their soul, be it from the Great War or another. Franz may have been dead, but even the dead were restless and exhausted, and here it had been given form. Perhaps from Erwins own mind, perhaps spirits themselves conjured to confront him, one could never be certain with demon arts. "Kott...it is the life of a soldier to die for their home and hearth, for friend and for honor. That does not mean one should go dying needlessly though. You knew me well, Kott...you tell me. What would I have done?" A simple question, with a simple answer. Franz had been the kind of man who would have fought as long as his body would let him, it's why the two got along so well. Even on the fateful day he died, it took several bayonet stabs, gunshots, and finally an artillery shell to end the life of Franz. "I'd have stood at the gates of hell with you, my friend. But we won't be dining in hell when we meet again. For Vallhallah is where the fallen warriors dine...Remember what you fight for, Kott. What it was then, and what it is now." With Erwin reaching a degree of peace with his illusion, admitting failings or shortcomings and paving his proverbial path forward, the ghosts of the past no longer held weight. Beyond that, they had no further reason to haunt him. A block of the eye and it'd all be gone, Franz no longer present, the Nichirin blade in Kotts hand instead of his officer sword. And up above, on the second floor, the sounds of battle. "Just how long do you expect to keep this up!?" "Until you're dead, obviously."
Maxxob Maxxob
-----------

Back to reality, back to the fray!

"Just how long do you expect to keep this up!?" "Until you're dead, obviously." The Kinoe, despite the excommunicated lower one having tried several times to rush past her to kill one of the 'occupied' slayers, had managed to hold her own and hold the demoness back, but not without suffering scrapes and burns across her limbs in the process. If she was solely focused on fighting her it'd have been easy, but she was also guarding three dazed and confused slayers. "You're an annoying little brat, you know that? It'd be easier if you just died for me!" "Apologies, that's not in my plans." The demoness lashed out, quickly losing her arm only for it to grow back in but a few seconds. The Kinoe raised her blade to block as a kick went for her chest, sending her spiraling over the railing and onto the first floor, a noise of escaping her leaving her as she landed onto her back, rolling back to her feet and brandishing her blade, glancing at the group gathering their senses. Their trainer had seen better days, her uniform missing patches of cloth from something burning it away, her Haori missing. "If you're all available again, could we kindly kill this demon? There's still others we have to deal with."
1a488dde18ad46d19df9d7bb9b0f0eea409c069br1-1125-1677v2_uhq.png
EJrTaTVWkAMHQht

A Blocked Path

The demon glanced at the scarf it had ripped from the slayer in a disappointed glance, tossing it over his shoulder without a care, eyes level with Jin. "You're going to be exhausting, I can already tell. Let me guess. You hide your cowardly little nature to turn tail behind witty remarks?" "Pretty sure that's my job! Get in line!" "You dunce, don't talk with the food!" "Why do you both always have to arguuue!?" The demon slowly lifted a hand to his human face, running it down slowly, looking every ounce exasperated by this interaction as one could be. "The face I have right now...you mean the fact I'm looking at you right now? I think you're exhausting." "Yea!" "Would you three shut up?" The demons head quickly begun to spin around like a top, leaving questions on how the hell his neck even functioned before the 'anger' face landed facing Jin. "Excellent, I'm up!" Rearing his head back the demon jerked it forward, a thin beam of fire shooting from the 'anger' faced mouth towards Jin, a large plume erupting at the end coming dangerously close to burning down the temple walls. "BURN! BURN!" "You fucking moron you'll burn down the temple!" "I don't want to roast aliiiive!" "Could we hurry this up, I already feel a headache coming on."
306b7f987465ab2db13fac21f8076340.jpg

Orikanyo Orikanyo

Watanabe Jin.

"WHOA! Talk about a case of bad breath! I like spicey food as much as the next guy but you gotta chill!" like a pressed spring the boy leapt upwards, hanging off a supporting pillar(A pillar of wood breathing perhaps?) as he stayed out of that deadly breath. "if I get caught in that, i'm dead for sure. How many tricks like those you got?" His smile didn't disappear, hell he looked like he was... Laughing abit?

it accompanied every sentence, it's like he was a fly continuously poking and prodding at this demon with each word.

"Oh!!! I know who this mask is. You're that master of the breath of Flame yea? I figured it'd be like, moving like flame, not actually flame. It's refreshing yea know, lemme take a guess about the others while I'm up here alright?

Blue! water? Sky is also blue so... Maybe you shoot lightning? Your definitly an oni so it's up your alley.

White? You freeze things or you just blow cold air trying to bring down the mood aye? hahahahah!" He was a hyena, like each moment he wasn't speaking he was mocking it, this being that could kill with a breath, a movement, a twitch, and for it's possible years of life, perhaps hundreds slaughtered with it's own two hands.

He was being laughed at by a brat who was barely even second rank in a organization meant to slay him.

And it showed in Jin, no haori, not a symbol. Not even anything denoting his school or sword style.

But still, he laughed.

"And you! The face with no mask, hehehe. I know which one YOU are! It's so obvious it hurts." he was on all fours, looking down at the demon with a face that made one want to punch him straight into the grave.

Saitou-Hajime-Haku-ki-image-saitou-hajime-hakuoki-36403513-1094-613.jpg

Akashi Kazuko
(The Shinto Shrine - Front Entrance)
The silence that came after the horrifying show of grotesque suicide-by-Muzan was a heavy one. Even Akashi, who was often undisturbed and unphased by most things he saw, dropped his smile to spectate that fanatic's demonstration of zealotry. Arms and arms and claws and talons, flesh over flesh shooting out and grabbing and clawing and... And it was definitely too much. Akashi's expression was one of pitying sympathy for the demon, a lost soul afflicted by the curse of...

"Muzan, I suppose..." His expression was equal in its compassion as it was in disdain.

Muzan created the demons that now roamed Japan, and while demons were an essential part of the natural cycle of life that allowed the world to function it was of Akashi's opinion that the man/creature was not infalliable in his method of creation. Neither was he a god nor omniscient. The suffering imparted upon the demons that serve and served him was unnecessary in the grand wheel of fate. Those deserving of it would receive their justice, sometimes even by Akashi's blade, but this Muzan envisioned this fate for all he laid claim to. Akashi was no stranger to gruesome violence, but that did not mean he enjoyed it. He enjoyed doing his part and that was just in its justice, true in its truth. There was no justice in the suffering here, no natural order or synchronicity. As far as Akashi could tell, this was hardly a mercy from being slain by a human. Demons killed humans, humans killed demons. It needn't be more complicated than that, right?

Shaking himself of the contemptful look that had crossed his features, the Gravity Slayer turned to Ukito all smiles again, "My, oh my, I must congratulate you on your technique."

He stepped forward and gently took both of Ukito's hands in his, looking down into his palms.

"Oh, I see. This feels... Oh you have certainly put a lot of time and effort into your..." He looked up at Ukito again, smiling kindly, "Sorry, I should explain. I can tell things by touching them and..."

He trailed off, his eyes meandering back to the shrine's entrance and landing on the sword wedged part way into the cracked wood.

"Oh! Excuse me a moment-"

Akashi's slipped past the Water Slayer. His sword had lodged 15ft up the shrine's wall, so the young man gracefully launched himself up from the foot of the wall. A few quick steps up the wall allowed him to get into reach of the hilt, which he grabbed and slid out from the cured bark while falling back down to the ground. Landing with delicate poise, he returned to Ukito with a smile.

"Well we certainly made a good team, but I haven't even asked your name - Akashi Kazuko and it is a pleasure to meet you."

weiikaza weiikaza

1640093580172.png
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
With a heavy expression, Ukito would turn his attention back onto the demon the two slayers had just defeated. Before he could make another snarky comment though, he'd be cut off by the sound of the demon's flesh being torn and ripped apart by a hand that seemed to emerge from it. Normally, he wouldn't feel too bad about a demons suffering, as they themselves have caused much suffering on others. But even then, he couldn't help but feel some pity for the demon in front of them, his very face reflecting this as a softened expression now appeared.

With their opponent now gone, Ukito would now sheathe his blade in it's respective saya, continuing to gaze at the sight and dropping his hands down by his side. "Muzan, I suppose..." " Always choosing the worst way out of things. These things have so much respect for him . . and for what? " It wasn't until Akashi turned his attention towards him that he'd defect away from the topic at hand. "My, oh my, I must congratulate you on your technique." A small smile would appear on his face as he did a simple nod. " My thanks- " He'd then be cut off by Akashi now grasping ahold of his hands. It felt . . weird to him. Not because a guy was holding his hand, no, but primarily because it's been a long while since his hand was held by another person's.

" This guy is everywhere. " He'd think to himself as Akashi now flashed off towards the shrine's entrance to get back his sword. Once he landed, he'd take a moment to appreciate Akashi's graceful landing before focusing back in on his voice once he began to speak.

"Well we certainly made a good team, but I haven't even asked your name - Akashi Kazuko and it is a pleasure to meet you." He'd pocket his hands before responding. " We do indeed. I don't think I've witnessed anyone utilize such a way of fighting before. " Making his way closer, he'd extend his hand out towards the Gravity Breather for him to shake. " Hantsuki Ukito, but you can just call me Ukito. I would've arrived here earlier for training, but I was quite the distance away, you see. Are there any other demons around this area? " Might as well get back into the fray of battle. They had a job to do after all.

Last edited:
A Garden of Broken Dreams
Team Kirisu
Excommunicated Lower Five

As the wall of fire died down after Kirisu's block against the Blood Demon Art she shifted the grip on her blade again, shifting into a high stance typical of Flame Breathing. A twelve kizuki...excommunicated or not, this would be difficult one way or another. The fact he could fly made it more annoying. "You're welcome, anytime!" As the two girls moved forward in tandem, a wide grin spread across Kirisu's face...their forms complimented each other for this situation, they hadn't even had time to plan yet. "Ahahaha, whew, almost had me- ah shit." The demon had been busy mocking Sakura as it easily avoided her attacks, the ariel mobility his for certain. However, given the fact he had been focused on Sakura, he didn't see the typhoon coming down towards him from Tomi. The demon was slammed back to the earth, covered in scrapes and cuts that were closing themselves up uncomfortably fast, his neck having sustained minimal cuts as well...nothing deep enough to remove his head though. Spreading his wings wide he grinned, bracing against the typhoon. "Blood Demon Art: Carapace!" Once again that insectile chitin spread across his body, Kirisu frowning as she adjusted her footing and grip. If he makes it into the air again, we'll never kill him. "Flame Breathing Fifth Form; Esoteric Art: Flaming Byakko!" Slashing her blade downward in several quick consecutive swings as she quickly rushed forward, the visage of a massive tiger formed ahead of her charge, the beast manifested as powerful blue flames and a good sum larger than the traditional Fifth Form. The roar, a mixture of beast and blazing inferno, heralded the arrival of the Kinoe he was rushing towards the demon. "Oh come the hell on! Ow ow ow, HOT!"

The demon braced, its wings spreading out in front of itself like some sort of shield as Kirisu launched into it moments after the massive flaming beast had slammed into him. Her sword bit deep, coming close to cleaving straight through one of those moth wings, but still unable to cleave through the chitin he was sporting in full, though the blade made three-quarters of the progress needed...if that had only been his neck, dammit!. Flames licked from his wounds as they closed, the demon grinning at her from behind a crack in his wings. "That's pretty impressive, you're actually making progress! My turn!" The demon lashed out, wings unfurling as Kirisu was forced to pull her sword back, a quick blow coming towards her chin from a closed fist. There wasn't enough time for recovery after losing her footing with how he had unfurled his wings, a loud crack of knuckles against bone echoing through the garden as the Kinoe was nailed in the chin and sent flying.

"Who's next!? You!" The demon's eyes landed on Tomi as the chitin melted away, flapping his wings once to launch after her even as Kirisu got to her feet, working her jaw slowly and blinking the stars from her eyes. "Don't let him grab you, any of you!" Kicking off from the ground the Kinoe charged forward, blade ready in a high stance. "Tomi! His wing!" True to her statement, the demons wing was having a somewhat difficult time to heal from the assault it had endured, resulting in a somewhat lopsided flight pattern.
84ffaff8147995d2877a15fec7750c3d.jpg
z61bb6uugwb61.png

kakemha kakemha qingwa qingwa FiveElemental FiveElemental

A Coward and His Demon
"Are you seriously making jokes while we're fighting right now!?" "I mean, it can be pretty fun to do you know?" "Why's he got to be so mean about it though!?!" "And let me guess, kid. You're the flunky of your group? Need to crack jokes to get anywhere in life, considering that's all you've done here? Sad." "I'm going to end you!" However, rather than getting the chance the demon gave a quick "DAMMIT!" as its head spun around like a top again, stepping backward as if the process made it dizzy before landing on the white 'laughter' face which stared ahead and Jin, cracking its knuckles. "Alright, my go!" "Who gave you permission to cut in!?" "Shut up, both of you. Just get this done." The white mask took a deep inhale of breath, exhaling a large cloud of frozen mist. And for every inch of wood it touched it too became coated in a thick sheet of ice, likely making sprinting or dashing far more difficult in the long run, the cloud rushing down the hall. "I think you should chill kid!" "That was so baaaad!"

The demon slowly walked forward as it exhaled its frost breath, freezing the hall over. With each step it took, the cloud was able to travel further...interestingly enough, however, it couldn't go any further than roughly twenty feet ahead of it at a given time. Once the demon was stepping on its own ice it stepped atop it, skating forward towards Jin with surprising grace and speed. "Here's a real punch line for you!" As the demon got closer it puffed air onto its closed fist, coating it in ice as it got closer. And once it was within but a few feet of Jin it'd take its swing, its aim towards Jin's center of mass.

Orikanyo Orikanyo

CODE / ARKNIGHT
Erwin Kott

Back for more
TAGS: ( ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles ) ( Archdemon Archdemon ) ( Phayne Phayne )

And just as quickly that feverish dream began, it was over. The ghost of the past being dealt with, coming to terms with what happened. There was nothing else to be done about something in the past. However, there was something right then and there. Erwin watched as the Kinoe was pushed downstairs onto the first floor. At her sarcastic question, the man laughed. Maybe it was the very first one that the group had heard coming from his lips - “Of course, of course Sakutsuki-sama. What is the game plan?” - the German asked, while already getting himself into a fighting stance. Breathing controlled, eyes and ears sharpened, watching if the demoness would follow the blue-haired woman down the stairs.

This time, the man was taking a wait and see approach. Getting ready to use his second form, as soon as the vile creature rears it head in striking distance, the grip around his own blade tightens. The way the man is holding his blade changed, drastically. With both hands on the hilt, he holds it to the right of his head, at the exact same height. His objective is to wait for the correct timing and slash as quickly and as strongly he can manage at the being’s head. While its neck proved simply way too strong and durable to be cut, certainly its eyes and face would prove an entirely different story.

Watanabe Jin.

"Hahahha! I was right- Shit!" Jin was panicing! He was caught off guard by the obviously supierior specimine! What could he do?

He was fighting a demon any singular slayer would find his death to, and thats slayers of much higher ranking. He was nothing but a weak defenceless little newbie who was toying with an enemy much strong than he...

His memories had gone back to the days of training in his... Earlier youth. When a master tells you to strike at them, you will likely never actually succeed. They've seen you work, they know what your going to do, and they know how you will approach. They know you and your capabilities, they know their own as well. What they can withstand, what they can parry, what they can simply let by without issue as it wouldn't hit regardless.

Jin watched this more than any lesson, even as he himself was being beaten down this act of examination, understanding, and countering. It was a simple process that was done in fractions of a second. To attack against such a thing was impossible at their skill level, and also, because they were solely focused on the attack.

It is simple, his master once said, to forget all else but striking in the Breath of thunder. It is quinessentially the chargeing action at it's base form. It is Iaijutsu as well, but the act is a rush and strike in it's barest form. But knowing proper defence, is key. Utilizing your surroundings, even as the enemy changes it, knowing your strengths, knowing your enemy's strengths. If you know all three of these things, you have the basics of victory.

Knowing these comes first in all scenarios, to attack, you must defend, in your defense, is your death stroke.

"But if you can kill the bastard eithout fighting at all you go for it kid." He remembered that old man's words as he picked his nose, old coit was going senile... But he had the right idea...

Set up, then strike.

Ascertain strengths, find weakness.

In defence, offense shows it'self.

He had been defensive, readying himself even as he poked fun at the demon, enraging the disfunctional tiger to pounce and reveal it'self... He had his wish...

But how was he to stop this charge?

Simple, he had been building strength over time into his leg, the sparks of life giving energy finally released and visualized. But he was not striking forwards... He stomped DOWN!

At the last possible second, his face turned from that jovial jokeing grin, to the face of a young slayer of man. The board, frozen and sturdy from years of use rose up and performed it's new life as an improptu tiger spear. The tiger had leapt, and was not in controll of it's final moments before it's strike, causing the sturdy frozen board to plant it's focused flat point directly into...

...The demon's very soft bits...

Defense achieved, he dared not wait, he reached to his sword and with his every bit of power lunged, the ice aiding his speed as he slid up the board like a rocket, and with all the strength in his body struck with the fury of the heavens!

Thunder Breathing, first form: ThunderClap and Flash

If it worked or not, he couldn't say, he was busy sailing through the air headfirst into the opposite wall.

< sakura aka >
Although the demon had dodged her attacks flawlessly, Tomi came in and slammed him into the ground. They made an uncanny team, that was for sure. Sakura landed gracefully back onto the ground and readied her blade once more for another attack. 'Can't let him get back into the air.' Sakura thought to herself as she looked at the demon. His cuts were healing pretty quickly, expect for his wing which Sakura noticed. 'His wing, a potential weak spot?' Sakura thought as her eyes were glued to his wing, noticing how slow it was healing, unlike the rest of his body. Then the demon turned his head to wards Tomi, he was gonna got for her next. Kirisu had just taken a pretty big blow, so she knew she probably wouldn't make it in time to save her. She heard her warning however, 'Don't let him grab you.' So Sakura had to slash his wing and evade him at the same time, well that was gonna be just great. But she would have to try nonetheless.

She had an advantage on her side, her speed and her nimbleness. Everyone had seen she had speed on par with a lightning user, so she could use that to get to Tomi before Kirisu would. And her nimbleness would help her evade his grips if he were to grab her. Now all she needed was the right form, and she had one in mind. It would help her with evasion and delivering an attack. She readied her stance and breathing and aimed for his wing. "Flower Breathing: Sixth Form: Whirling Peach" And with that she went for his wing. She tried to create as little noise as possible, since with that and her speed, it would be a surprise for the demon, he wouldn't see her coming. Hopefully, as she went in for the slash, she would just cut his entire wing off, but only after she made the slash will she see if her attack would get the result she wanted.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles qingwa qingwa FiveElemental FiveElemental

5104c588e58414588321d3d743b2b44bc1d8e3f4.jpg

Akashi Kazuko
(The Shinto Shrine - Outside)
Akashi smiled warmly as Ukito extended his hand to him. It reminded him of the time he had first met Yamato, alone in that decrepit shack of a home. It had all started with a handshake, a confirmation of respect and trust. Akashi knew he was not the most well-versed in the complexities of socialisation, but this was one he understood well. The symbolism, the meaning, the pure ceremony of such a small action. It inspired the Gravity Slayer, who renewed his smile with all the more zeal.

"Then so I shall, Ukito-kun." Akashi responded, taking the outstretched hand in his with a soft touch.

It was then that Akashi's eyes widened slightly, realisation slowly appearing to dawn in his eyes as he switched from staring at Ukito to down at their hands. This feeling, it was...

"...the search ends when sharing starts..." He mumbled to himself, wonder clear as stars in his eyes.

It was a brief moment before Akashi returned to his senses, releasing Ukito's hand and changing the subject swiftly, "Oh, yes, the demons. If my body does not betray my will, I believe there are at least two demons engaging a group of humans inside. Jugding by their movements, I would assume they are also slayers."

He pointed towards the slightly ajar door, blood splatters conspicuous across the oaken planks that had offered little resistance to its invaders. His finger then drifted past the shrine.

"And there appears to be a demon fighting another group of slayers past there." He offered a questioning look at Ukito, head tilting to illuminate true good-natured curiosity.

"What would you like to do, Ukito-kun?"

weiikaza weiikaza

full

Mentions: Demon Renji ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles
Renji listened attentively as the demonic doppleganger spat its last words; the sudden anguish behind its voice prevalent throughout this moment they shared; arrogance turned into desperation as it strove to get the final say in; to hit Renji with the final bit of vitriol. A futile attempt to remain relevent. "Rest in peace" whispered Renji, his swift movement striking quick as blade met ethereal flesh; decapitating the haunting spectre that only moments ago had haunted his mind. "Many demons haunt my mind... you are simply another voice to be lost within that endless void" he continued to whisper; the demon slayer appearing to offer a silent prayer for the twin he had just killed.

With the final ashes of his fallen clone disappearing, the world around Renji had returned to darkness; his sight or lack of sight returning to plunge him once more into a world of darkness. As the lights turned off, Renji's body would soon succumb to the real world affects of his inner battle; his body falling to one knee as his lungs desperately struggled for air.

All around him the sound of combat could be heard, the clashing of blades as the puppeteer behind the illusions continued her fight with Akimine. Though rather then immediately rushing to the aid of the Kinoe, Renji had instead continued to gulp down air; his body gradually returning to a state of normality as he recovered some semblance of composure. Rushing in blind was out of the question; he'd struggle and most likely succumb to another battle of minds should he fall victim to the spores once again.

"If you're all available again, could we kindly kill this demon? There's still others we have to deal with."

"With pleasure!" grunted Renji, forcing himself to stand; his hand and blade pointed forward as he raised his right hand to head level. His blindsight and more precisely his sense of hearing on point, Renji waited for the demoness to be drawn into his range of engagement; the monstrosity at risk of being hit by Renji's 7th form thrust.
[/COLOR][/B]
full

1641609913446.png

Minamoto, Daisuke
Tsuchinoto - 16 years - slayer
Interactions: open

The train stopped smoothly as it reached the train station, a boy had a hand under his chin holding his head, a feeling of nostalgia drawn a gentle smile on his face, it’s been long since he had forgot about the lively streets, the people going here and there always busy and hurry, and -as he took off his scarf- remembered that the warm weather marked he he was very far from freezing cold of the North.

Instead of the primitive and harsh life in the villages of the less civilized North, in the streets of that place Daisuke breathed a sense of modernity and progress, of course not all the traits of the buoyant life of that place liked him -as he felt uncomfortable by the gaijins that crossed in his path-, though it seemed like a world he had forgotten and now was rediscovering, a little of optimism brighted in his eyes, until he remembered it wasn’t a tourism trip, Daisuke had a tight schedule, had to present himself to the Demon Slayer Headquarters also a less likable task, he had to present himself to his family mansion, yes, the weight of his sword reminded him the weight of his duties as a slayer and as warrior of the Minamoto Clan. However, as he walked his crow sat on his shoulder whispering to his ear there were demons and slayer fighting in the nearby.

He raised his shoulder throwing away his crow, thinking that he hadn’t been assigned to that mission he shouldn’t interfere, therefore continue walking. The crow went away with an angry caw, though at this point the bird already knew the unthankfulness of his master, but after a few minutes it returned, whispering this time that he had been ordered to provide assistance to the nearby slayers. The crow cawed telling him where he should go.

The boy sighed and dashed to fulfill his duty, though as the crow went away, Daisuke found out the streets and paths of the place were not exactly as he remembered, it would take him a time to reach the fight, unless the fight decided to reach him.

Korin Kitsuragi
DETECTIVE BLOWN OUT OF THE SCENE
Being blown back from the gust of wind, Korin was knocked back straight into a tree. Getting the wind knocked out of him. He needs time to recover, thankfully the Flying Demon was currently distracted by the others. Taking the oppritunity, he forced himself to catch his breathe.

"Focus. Focus on the thing that matters, lopping off the head of that Demon, so no one else can get hurt... and to do that, he needs to be grounded."

He managed to collect his breathe, using this oppritunity to hide away once more.

"Still, this provided me with good information, Demons have a hard time telling the difference between pigs blood from human blood... this gives me an idea."

Korin reaches for a waterskin that was latched onto his belt, thankfully, unbursted from the force of being knocked into a tree. He was able to stand, but not able to utilize his range of movement. He needed someone to help him throw this container of pigs blood at the Demon, he needed to overwhelm his senses. Or they'll all die.

"Flame Lady! Think fast!" He shot out from his newly found hiding spot, and was about to throw the waterskin towards the combat ready Kinoe, hoping she would understand his plan.

Mind Breathing Fifth Form:
ESPIRIT DE CORPS
He never could truly comprehend this form, something that defied what he knew as natural. Yet, it was never uncomfortable, it was comforting really. A comfort he felt when first became an official Demon Slayer, a comfort he was doing something right for this world, however, it was not without it's flaws. This organization was systemic in its reliance on individual strength to defend the world from the terrors of the night. To maintain the pillars was the only way to maintain the Corp.

"I say, that's a load of bullshit."

He chucked the bloodbag towards his comrade in arms. His plan will work, it simply had to. hust for how long exactly, only time would tell.

A close shave!

A cry of pain filled the air, the likes of which echoed through the temple and the grounds...the kind of pain that would make any male who heard it just a bit weak in the knees. As the demons 'soft bits' were nailed with the impromptu tiger spear all four faces gave a wail of pain, head snapping back as it leaned its back at an odd angle in reaction. "FUCK!" the faces cried in unison. It was a split second that prevented Jin from getting a clean cut on the demon's neck. No, rather, he cut the skull straight in half from below the chin and up, severing the 'laughing' mask as the demon landed on his back, clutching his groin. "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!? WHY AM I ON THE GROUND!?" The demon twitched for a few moments before standing upright, still winded after that very low blow. A few stumbling steps as his head started to reform, though it was a process that'd take a good half a minute. "Fucking...shit." Reaching down the demon grabbed the laughter mask and held onto it, his head spinning about like a top as he faced Jin until it landed on the unamused face. "Before I kill you, I'm crushing your bits." With a bit of a bow-legged sprint he started towards the slayer currently faceplanted into the opposing wall, with every intention to kick him through that wall by the small of his back and into the next room.

Orikanyo Orikanyo

Ex-Lower Moon One, Returning to The Battle
Sakatsuki Akimine
Akimine nodded to the men around her, flexing her fingers on the hilt of her katana as the demoness stood watching from the top of the stares, cuts and gashes inflicted on her healing before their eyes, head cocked to the side like a curious animal. "She claims to have eaten several Maruchi in this temple alone...I'm starting to believe her, and it's an unfortunate irony that so many 'blessed' priests had such a blood type. With that said, I no longer have to protect you three and I can actually fight her...I have her memorized now, she won't land another attack. I'll run interference, focus on removing her head. Or just give me an opening." She shifted her arm a bit, a soft catch in her breath as the exposed shoulder, bloodied and raw from the demoness 'rotting' it moved a certain way. "Ah yes. And absolutely do not let her touch you...she can rot away your clothes and flesh just by touching you. Cover each other, ignore me as I'll be fine." Akimine shifted her footing, adjusting her grip again. "Now then...since she seems content to watch us, I'll draw her out." Her attention drifted to Erwin, glancing towards Renji before rushing forward and leaping towards the demoness at the top of the steps. Without her attention having to be split between defending those who were in a 'haze' she had no issue weaving through her opponent's attacks, body bending and shifting out of each swing or blocking with grace. "BRAT!" "Yes, so you've said." Side stepping behind her Akimine quickly lifted a foot up, kicking the demoness down the stairs only for her to quickly recover and leap towards Erwin, claws outstretched.
Archdemon Archdemon Phayne Phayne Maxxob Maxxob

Jin Watanabe
Screen_Shot_2021-12-23_at_8.39.27_PM.png

Hahahah! It worked! It worked! He did it, he killed the bastard and- Oh Fu-!

He was lucky in this moment he had a hard head, but, sadly, it was clear that the rest of his body did not go through. Stuck by the neck, he body was ridgid as an arrow for a time.. Before he heard the muffled sounds of yelling behind him, and felt a painful kick pushing his through fully... He skipped like a stone upon the floor, smacking against the wall upon the opposite wall on the inside of this room.

While he was still alive, he took mental stock of his faculties. Head? Bleeding and bruised, but intact. Back, painful, slightly cut up, okay.

Legs?

Still good, weren't hit.

All in all, he was largely okay. Ish.

For now anyways there was a hole in the wall with a demon there.

"Well fuck I missed." Jin brazenly admits, looking at the man through the wall, he uses the sheath of his sword to help stand himself up, where he once again gets back into a fighting stance. "I was hopeing you'd bring your head backwards, not forwards, you demons really are a fucking hassel yea know?

Whoops you cut my head but not clean off, sorry better luck next time.

Its damn annoying, whats so important about the head anyways your heart ain't in it.

There a centipede in there controlling your body? I've heard alotta stories about that shit."

The young man slides bit by bit towards the paper door enterance.

"Well? New scene of this ongoing tragedy lets see how the hero gets fucked this time."

full

Mentions: Akimine ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Erwin Maxxob Maxxob
Renji gritted his teeth in frustration as Akimine mentioned having to protect them. It was just another blatant exposure of how big the disparity between their strengths were, even after this period of training. Grown men already experienced with the blade still needing to be protected against the evils they had so bravely sworn to defeat. But the truth often hurt and now was no time to dwell upon it.

"Oi Foreigner!" grunted Renji as he maintained his stance in preparation for the 7th form. His upper body twisting ever so slightly to his side as he followed the movement of the demon. Having to alter his position, his form would lose quite a bit of its power but power was not necessarily required right now.

"7th Form, Wrath of Indra" grunted the red haired slayer, a smaller variant of his normal air cannon now making a direct trajectory to the space in between the demon and Erwin. It didn't need to hit, it just needed to distract and given what he has seen so far from Erwin, all he would need would be a split second.
full

1642032451142.png
Kamori Atsuyobi
Shinto Shrine
Kamori arrived at the shrine, sent as backup after the demons were identified. She wasn't dispatched initially due to her being "too frail", but convinced them to send her as backup later on. As she stepped up to the side entrance, she could smell the foul stench of blood from the other side of the door.

Despite the odor, Kamori opened the shrine door. She unsheathed her blade and silently made her way through a nearby hall. She wasn't sure what she would encounter exactly, all she knew was that the demons in this shrine would be nothing like anything she has faced before.

The thought made her tremble slightly, but nonetheless she continued.

(Sorry if its kind of short I honestly don't know how to put her a situation that's relevant at the moment)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back