• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
With a hop, skip and a jump, Ursula returned to the small cottage she called home and had called home since she was s child. The walls were lined with clocked that ticked away, but some were either too slow or too fast, only one clock was ever in time in the household but the young Magi liked it this way. She sighed deeply as she settled down in a armchair "Let's hope those trees can bring food to that village before they starve to death. Thank Time for helping me." She muttered lowly under her breath as if some one would hear her.

The Magi curled up on her chair to rest after a long day of bringing food and trees to a nearby village that had asked for her help by kicking in her door and demanding it but the soft hearted Magi wouldn't turn down those on need even if they were rude or demanding. Once again she uttered a thanks to time before she started to drift off to sleep.

Luck watched as the young witch deliberated, toying with a coin. She flipped it several Times, and it landed with a different face up each Time. Finally, the witchling spoke, and Luck's coin disappeared.

Luck's eyebrows arched. "Time? Mm, it's about Time someone steal a little of her thunder. That Keeper has a rod up her rear--pardon my language." Luck exhaled and adjusted her shawl. Time needed someone to take her down a notch. She was shorter than most but she walked about with her nose stuck up in the air. Time could take care of herself, in Luck's opinion. Luck twisted her lip. She had hoped for something more exciting, like wanting someone's name or wanting endless Luck. But, it would be worth the look on the other Keepers' faces. She stopped fiddling with her shawl and looked back to Seraphina. "Yes, well, she is integral to Realty. I suppose you had best protect her." Luck extended her hand. "Take my hand."

Death sighed as Mother Earth stepped forward and shot Chaos a pointed look. Death had always felt sorry for Chaos. She always seemed to anxious.

When she suggested it was one of the magic-practicing humans, Death said, "No, of course not," at the exact same Time his companion said, "Could be."

Death shot her a look, but Time just shrugged. "We have to examine all possibilities."

Death sighed. Time was more of an abstract concept to humans, and though they marked her passing obsessively, she had little direct interaction with them. She really only interacted with those magicians thieving her Kept aspect of reality, and there were precious few of those.

Death, on the other hand, interacted with them at in intimate level. "Yes, but we shouldn't jump to conclusions. What's next then? Perhaps we should investigate this tear in Reality."

Time nodded. "It might be difficult finding it in Reality," she said. The Between did not exist in direct paralleled to Reality. "However..." Time flicked her eyes to Chaos. Time liked Chaos a little more than she liked Fate--and she despised Fate as the other Keeper was always overstepping her bounds. Chaos made a mess of Time's perfect order, but the Keeper had her uses. "You should be able to sense this in Reality, yes?"

"Oh goodness, what's this all about?" A cheery voice called as a woman dressed in scarlet appeared.

Death grinned. "Miss Fortune! You made it. Oh? What's this?"

Time moved very slowly, sliding her eyes to the new comer. She was about to chide the Keeper for her tardiness, but the view that awated her stuck the rebuke in her mouth. There was a human standing next to Luck.

Death twirled his hand, the bright white floor turning black around Seraphina's feet. "Oh, goodness, this one has a bit of Time left on her clock. Love, be a dear?"

Time caught the threads moving around Seraphina and froze them. "Luck! You don't just bring a human to Death's doorstep!"

"Technically, this is my ballroom."

Time turned such a ferocious look on Death that he had the intelligence to look cowed.

"Oh, I would never do this lightly," Luck assured them. "This witchling has important news to relate."

There was a quiet knock on the door of Ursula's home, but the knocker didn't wait. A woman who looked to be in her eighties stepped inside and closed the door. "Goodness gracious, my old bones," the woman complained, but when she turned back around, she looked to be in her forties.

The woman had been plump and grandmotherly before, but now her grey hair had returned to brown and her waist slimmed. She fixed Ursula with a frown. "Get up, child, we have something to discuss. I hear you've been messing with Time."

The woman shook herself and more years fell off her. Now, she looked to be in her early thirties. "Time does not take kindly to being messed with. If you're going to do it, you have to play it smart."

What was that look? It’s pity, isn’t it? Hades, he pities you! Eris spat, her tone filled with such venom, Chaos flinched. They all do, look at them!

“That’s where my money’s at,” Mother Earth interjected, breaking into Chaos’s thoughts. “I wouldn’t put it past the humans to have found some way to sneak themselves into the Between. Such nosy and impatient creatures.”

Chaos was not sure she agreed with Mother Earth, but Time was right, and it was smart to consider all possibilities. But then Time spoke again, and Chaos’s jaw tightened when she realized Time was addressing her.

She suspects you, they all do. They know you did it, you can see the hate on their faces. You never should have come.

Chaos looked up to find the Keeper’s eyes on her, and her words caught in her throat. But Luck was with Chaos in that moment, and she made her grand entrance at long last. Chaos dropped her eyes to her hands, and in the distraction of Luck’s companion, she considered what Time had suggested. If it was Reality that was torn, Chaos should be able to confirm it. She existed between planes herself, sort of like the Between. It was why she felt so comfortable in this place, like she could melt into the Between and join its existence, become one with this medial Reality. Chaos stepped forward.

Mother Earth watched Chaos out of the corner of her eye, but said nothing. The girl was making her way around the group, approaching the tear suspended in the center of the room. Everyone else was, rightfully so, consumed by their confusion and questions as to why there stood a human in Death’s ballroom, no one but Mother Earth noticed as Chaos reached a hand out and, after a bout of hesitation, pushed it through the tear.

change remained silent while watching the rip in reality form changes form warped into a sort of crystalline humanoid as was it’s strange ideas laughing in its bizarre chorus of voices “rips tears so much fun not? What different what’s been moved what’s been changed this time how had why has what has so many and so few questions, mother earth old friend you have no need to blame chaos any more then myself? After all? Something changed no?” That was the annoying thing about change no matter what anyone did it was impossible to not associate with it in some way change was important probably powerful but utterly insane “humans mess with thing all the time change thing all the time that what does has and was what did is am makes them fun there so silly I we me love them now? Why don’t we all go change something else? No yes mabye?” They way change spoke was like it knew something everyone else didn’t but it was impossible to tell when it did or did not a fickle thing it was

Seraphina grabbed Lucks hand and immediately felt nauseous. She closed her eyes and the next thing she knew, she was standing in a vast ballroom filled with a variety of characters that she assumed were Keepers. Before she could process what was happening, she felt pain shooting up her body and looked down to see black threads wrapping around her feet. The pain stopped and she looked up at the woman who she assumed stopped her pain, noticing all the watches covering her body. "Time?" She whispered to herself, and turning her gaze to the tall man next to her. By his looks alone she concluded he was Death and was the one responsible for the pain she felt upon arrival.

Remembering why she was here, she stood up straight and tried to look presentable. "Thank you, Lady Luck. I'm Serpahina, a witch who specializes in controlling fire. I'm here to warn Time of a witch who can manipulate Time to do what she wants. I cannot confirm if she has ill intentions but messing with such a vital Keeper cannot be good. I come from a family of prophets and protector of Keepers so I believe this is my chance to fulfill my duties." She said, trying to hide how nervous and scared she was of being killed. She looked around the room figuring out which Keepers were who and what they looked like. After all this was a once in a lifetime chance.

The young magi had been asleep until she heard her door open and shut, one of her eyes peeked open and looked straight at the old woman who had entered her house. The rested smile quickly turned into a frown as the woman spoke, but before she could speak up she watched the womans age drift away until the woman was old enough to be her older sister. She was sleepless and rose out of her chair to meet the woman.

"Mess with time? Keepers no! I'm using time to my advantage" Ursula exclaimed and crosses her arms in a huff as if she had just been accused of something. The young magi tapped her foot for a moment before speaking up "Now who are you and why are you in my house of all places?". The young magi sounded a little annoyed that someone had entered her clockwork sanctuary.

Death flicked his eyes to Mother Earth and frowned slightly when she accused the humans.

Time's left eyebrow rose higher and higher as Seraphina spoke. When she finished, a small smirk had appeared across Time's face. A little witchling? Protect Time? From what? Time waited for no one, and no one could slow her down. She kept everything so carefully, not one human could have tampered with her schedule.

She was about to speak when Death settled his hand on her shoulder. "Oh goodness," he said. "Yes, we will need to check this out. Thank you for notifying us. We will consider this seriously."

"Yes," Time agreed, biting down on the condescending remark she had planned to make. "At this point in Time, I think we have slightly more pressing matters."

Death turned back to the rip to find Chaos had stuck her hand through it. "Hell's bells!" he exclaimed, and a deep bell tolled someone in his home. He reached out to pull Chaos back, but froze, wondering if touching her could make it worse. He flicked his eyes between Chaos and Time, but his companion looked just as surprised as he did. He turned around, sweeping his eyes over his guests, wondering if any of them would be able to help when he assumed Chaos would pull out her arm to reveal it was down one hand. Unless it wouldn't affect her?

Luck watched the confusion with mild amusement. A rip? Now what had caused that? She turned red eyes to Seraphina. "Now you see, child, my compatriots are not like me. They do not truly care about you or yours. You heard even Mother Earth accuse you all of the worst treason. Even Death cares more for humans than Time does. After all, it is Time who drives you to Death. He just carries your soul on once Time's finished with you. Perhaps you should put your trust in something else."

The woman tutted as if Ursula was the one invading her home. "Yes, of course, that is what all magi do," she said with a little snort. "Use Reality to our advantage. But you are messing with the wrong Keeper."

Time crept up on her, and she began aging. The woman sighed and shook herself, the years falling back off. "My name is Emryss and I am nearly two hundred years old. A little while ago, I got on the wrong side of the wizards' council--how is not important, I'm better than them, that's all--and they sent a Chaos curse on me."

Slipping past Ursula, Emryss flopped into the chair the young mage had just vacated. She groaned softly before looking back up at Ursula. "But I had things to do. I was not ready to die yet. I fled the curse, using all my magic and whiles to keep away from it. But I know it would catch up, so I found a more permanent solution. When the Chaos curse found me, Death came for me." She smiled fondly. "But I had found his name. So I sent him off. Each Time he comes, I send him away. Honestly, I think he's really just turning up to check on me these days. I always give him some sort of cake, so it might also be that."

Emryss sighed and rested her aging hands on her lap. "But Time still ticked along. Soon I was ancient and could do little. I cast a Time spell to reverse it. Time appeared as if I'd summoned her with her name. Almost as if she were just waiting for a reason to get me for using Death's true name. I began to age faster while she watched, arms crossed over her chest." Emryss shook herself, returning to thirty again. "Her eyes were entirely merciless until Death appeared. If not for him, I think she would have aged me to my individual atoms. He pleaded with her, and she relented. My Time spell works, but only when I'm paying attention to it." Emryss chuckled mirthlessly. "So you see, Time may have allowed me my spell, but she had the last laugh. I can do little other magic these days since my Time spell takes a bit of minding." Emryss smiled. "You don't want to tangle with Time. She is less merciful than Death. So, you've got to do it smarter."

Last edited:
The attention had shifted to Chaos, but she was too absorbed in the rip before her to notice.

What in Hera’s name are you doing?

I think she may actually be onto something, give her a moment.
Harmonia attempted to silence Eris, but was unsuccessful.

This is insane, we don’t even know what it is. Dammit, Chaos, just ‘cause it’s your name doesn’t mean you always gotta be this way. Try not being a pain in everybody’s ass for a change.

Chaos’s hand slipped into the rip as easy as if it had not even been there, and she watched as it was swallowed up to the wrist.

Hera, they’re all staring! Every single one of them thinks you’re— Eris’s insult was cut short as Chaos’s mind quieted and peace returned to her heart. She closed her eyes, drawing in a joyous breath of relief at the silence that befell her. She could not remember the last Time her mind had been this still, and realized it never had. But, it was only temporary, she could not stay here forever. Or, could she?

Chaos opened her eyes and turned them on the rip before her. No, no matter how much she craved the silence, she could not just disappear within. She had responsibilities and duties in this Reality. Chaos drew in a breath, and then withdrew her hand.

A frown creased Chaos’s brow as she looked upon her hand. It flickered and morphed, as if it were fighting to determine in which plane of Existence to remain. The color of her flesh changed, disappeared, became a mere skeletal structure of the appendage, and then with a shake, returned to normal.

Told you.

I have to agree with Eris on this one. It was foolish of you to do that, given what limited knowledge we have on this rip in Reality.

Ew, gross,
Eris mock-wretched. I like it better when we fight.

“I am the Nothing before the Something,” Chaos mumbled beneath her breath as she turned her hand back and forth in front of her, inspecting it. “I was, before all else came to be. From me, all else was born.”

“And what on Earth is that supposed to mean?” Mother Earth appeared at Chaos’s side, and the smaller Keeper jumped in her surprise, letting out a mild squeak.

Get a hold of yourself, you’re embarrassing us.

Chaos bit at her lip, holding her hand to her chest as if to protect it from Mother Earth’s gaze. She tried to speak, but found the words did not come.

“Spit it out,” Mother Earth sighed with a roll of her eyes. “You were the one dumb enough to touch it, might as well tell us what you found.”

“Yes,” Chaos nodded, though her eyes dropped to the ground as she continued to fight for the words. “Um, I don’t know. I mean, I think it is Nothing. It feels like it, at least. Maybe the vast Darkness before the Light, the emptiness that existed before Existence. I suggest you not touch it.”

“You touched it,” Mother Earth countered, hands on her hips as she looked down on Chaos.

“Yes...I don’t know,” Chaos looked back down at her hand. “I think it is because I am Nothing. The Nothing before the Something.” Her voice trailed off as her eyes dropped once more.

Mother Earth watched Chaos with complete exasperation. Seriously, to think this imbecile was a Keeper. Deciding she was not going get anything else out of Chaos, she turned back to Luck and her human companion.

“Well, what about you, ‘Protector of Keepers’? If this wasn’t you, then who was it?” Mother Earth came to stand before Seraphina. She glanced over at Lady Luck, before turning sharp, condescending eyes on the human.

Last edited:
An array of emotions filled Seraphina but she ultimately focused on anger. 'Does she not care?' She thought to herself, watching Time shrug her warning off. She glared at the small Keeper, literal fire flickering in her eyes. Her anger roared like a fire inside her and the tips of her hair slowly turned into small flames. She had come all this way for no one to listen to her. Something was wrong, she could feel it and the rip was just confirmation for her. She looked up at Luck who was a few inches taller than her and bit her lip. "I guess you're right. At least Death kind of listened." She rolled her eyes, crossing her arms.

Seraphina watched as a Keeper stuck her hand through the rip and watched as she, or it, pulled their hand out. Her focus on Chaos was interrupted by another woman who walked in front of her. "I'm not a protector anymore. Figure this out on your own." She said, giving up on her family's duties. She turned and walked away from the small crowd. She made her way out of the ballroom and into a long hallway.

A tall, slender woman snuck her way into Death's castle amidst the Chaos and watched as Seraphina fled from the scene before her. The Keeper of Love pushed a strand of light pink hair behind her ear and her blue eyes gleamed as she scanned the large ballroom. Her blue dress flowed around her body as she made her way to the group of Keepers. "Hello, Change." She greeted, lightly placing a hand on their shoulder. "What's all of this commotion about?" She asked, oblivious to the situation at hand almost as if Love was blind.

"Well then, me and you are completely different. When I use time magic I ask time if she will aid me first, if she doesn't allow it then I don't do it" Ursula said, tapping her foot in annoyance that her only chair was occupied by the woman who had waltzed in and told her to be careful. "I am more a servant for time then someone who messes with it lightly like you must have to get cursed."

The young magi huffed and walked into the kitchen of her house since she couldn't sit down anymore she may as well eat something. A muffin was angrily chomped on by the magi who was seething that someone had the nerve to enter her territory and tell her off as if she was a child who didn't know what she was doing. "And another thing, I know time comes for everyone and I will not run from her like you have, so have a rest then kindly leave" she yelled from the kitchen trying to be nice while she wanted to throw the woman out just for messing with time so she could continue to be young and beautiful when attention wad paid, she didn't want to be rude.

“warp and twist don’t play my game nothing ever stays the same
try to halt it you find only pain nothing ever stays the same
Warp and twist fell the drain nothing ever stays the same
just give up don’t play this game nothing ever stays the same
you will lose my little game only rewarded with pain nothing ever stays the same”
Change had split into three different entities and the bizarre situation went one one looks to be a almost human female with a flowing golden dress another appeared more like a demon both seemed to dance a while repeating the same chant over and over quietly but they did... this was how change distracted itself... so it could think the third version watched the rift, intently this one still remained in the jagged crystalline form speaking up to the crowed of keepers “something someone is damaging everything.. a rift to nothing then if chaos is right... mean no change... but... nothing every stays the same...” it paused its speech watching Seraphina began leaving the female like version stopped going after her eventually catching up to the fire witch it grabbed onto her arm “Seraphina don’t leave just yet, many keepers simply see themselves as the superior deciders, trust me there wrong, they might not listen but we do i do...”

Returning to the crystal-like change it hadn’t continued speaking what was on its mined before love tapped it on the shoulder change laughing a little "oh lovely to see you love, always will was and is, but" it paused for a moment before answer "oh well there a rip in reality always fun no?"

Sarahspn Sarahspn

Time watched in amazement as Chaos withdrew her hand intact. Well, mostly. Besides the flickering weirdness. She frowned, deep in thought, when Chaos tried to explain and Mother Earth began to hurry the little Keeper along.

"No, wait," Time said in response to Mother Earth, though her distant voice and gaze suggested she was speaking more to herself. "Yes," she murmured after a few seconds of contemplation, "the Nothing before the Something."

Time lifted her eyes to Chaos and gave her a small nod. For once, she relaxed slightly and leveled her gaze on the other Keeper rather than eyeing her down the length of her nose. "So that's it then? Returning to the Nothing before the Something? That is not... conducive to Reality. We need to close it. Can you find it in Reality?"

She suspected they would be hearing from Evil and Good soon. No doubt the tear had ripped through their realms as well. But she was not about to suggest venturing into them to search for the tear there. Few Keepers ever did as few wanted to tangle with those two sides.

Death arched an eyebrow at Time's change in demeanor. Death wasn't sure he understood the "Nothing before the Something" talk. But then Time was only a little younger--if one could gauge Time's age without her existence--than Chaos. Death himself had not stepped into being until stars began to die. And Mother Earth was even younger than he was. Perhaps it was something before they had been that the two older Keepers instinctually understood. He made a mental note to ask Time when she was in a less enigmatic mood.

He opened his mouth to ask a question when the human Mother Earth was speaking to turned and fled the room. He hadn't missed the look she had given Time. Death let out a small groan. Seraphina would get lost in his home and then he was going to find her bones somewhere--if he even noticed them amongst those he had conjured for the aesthetic.

Death started forward, then stopped. It was not good to go running after a human carrying a great big scythe. He held it out to Time.

"Here, hold this."

Time took it and leaned on it--careful to keep the blade away from her head--as if this were a common occurrence.

Death ran off after the fleeing mortal. As he was passing, Luck caught his sleeve.

"Hullo Death," she said with a flirtatious smile.

He grinned back. "Lady Luck, so glad you could make it."

"Of course," she said with that same smile.

Death glanced over at Seraphina, but Change had caught up with her, so he turned his full attention on Luck. "I'm sure you've been Furtunate."

Her coy smile slid into a grin. "Oh, ever so fortunate. And you? Has Time let you out of her sight much?"

Death chuckled, though his faltering smile betrayed his discomfort. "Oh, you know how she worries."

"Oh, well with a bit of Luck--"

Change was soon engaged in a conversation with Love, and Death saw his escape. "Oh, excuse me, can't let your friend get lost!"

He slipped out of Miss Fortune's grasp before she could assure him Luck was with Seraphina and she would be fine. Death threw Love a cheery wink and followed after Seraphina.

"Come now, my dear, it would not do to lose yourself in my home. Most pray to never see even my doorstep, you know." Death caught up with her. He extended a hand to her, a white satin glove appearing over it instantaneously. It would not do to touch her either, but a fine coating of fabric would protect her. "I know the lot of us can be overwhelming. Trust me, even I need a good long nap after parties such as these. I fair far better than Time, though. I don't see her for ages after such things." He grinned, attempting to soften the expression so he looked as little like a grinning skull as possible. "Perhaps you would like a break from all that. Maybe a step outside into the Mists? Time's spell will hold as long as we remain in my realm. I'm not sure about outside it. Not that she is not powerful, we just have a bit of a No-Keeper's-Land rule in the Mists between our individual realms."

Emryss chortled as the young mage retorted. "And she answers, then, does she? Do not mistake indifference for permission."

The aging woman groaned and pushed herself to her feet. Another chronomancer who actually liked Time, how unfortunate. Emryss would have liked to smirk at the Keeper next they crossed paths. Let her wonder what a mere human knew that Time herself did not. Let not-knowing drive her mad. "Alright, then. If that is the case, perhaps you can join me outside to look at this odd phenomenon. There seems to be a crack in Reality just in the woods outside your home. I noticed it on the way in."

Without waiting to see if Ursula was listening, Emryss hobbled outside and crossed the mage's yard. She slipped into the trees. Just inside the treeline, an angry, empty gash had torn itself through Reality.

She aught to call Death and tell him about it. The Keepers would want to know--would need to know. And Emryss may have little Love for the lot of them, but they did Keep Reailty, and she did live in Reality.

Last edited:
Seraphina stopped walking when she felt a hand on her arm and glanced back at the female that followed her. She turned her gaze back forward and attempted to calm herself down enough to speak. She turned around and took in the figure before her. “Thank you, I guess.” She shrugged, the fire from her hair slowly dying. “I just can’t believe how dumb I was to think I could even attempt to protect a keeper as egotistic and prideful as Time. Did you see the look she gave me? I was just trying to be nice unlike most humans, let alone witches.” She huffed, leaning against a wall and crossing her arms.

Seraphina looked down at her feet and saw a tall, dark figure come into her field of vision. She looked over to see Death making his way toward her and Change. She laughed a little at his comment about getting lost in his home. As if she would let her die at the hand of natural causes. She looked at his outstretched hand for a moment before she decided to take it, standing up straight. His fingers were quite bony from what she could feel, but she shouldn’t have expected anything less from the Keeper of Death himself. She let go of his satin-clad hand and looked up at him, taking in his appearance at a closer distance. “Thank you. I just didn’t really expect that kind of feedback. I really didn’t know what to expect. I jumped into this situation very drunk and stupid. But I appreciate your hospitality and love your home. It’s really my style.” She laughed a little, feeling more at ease. She thought about his offer and didn’t see any harm with exploring this realm a little. It’s not like she would ever get the chance to visit again. “I’ll take you up on that trip outside. It sounds fun.” She said, smiling up at Death.

“Oh a rip? That’s not very lovely.” Love commented, frowning a little. “Nevermind that. Was that a human I saw a moment ago? Oh you know I just love humans! So full of love and passion. They really are my favorite creatures.” She rambled, getting lost in thought. She was snapped back into Reality when she caught the wink Death gave her and blushed a little. “Oh that Death sure is a charming one don’t you think?” She asked, looking over to Mother Earth.

“Fickle as ever,” Mother Earth scoffed with a roll of her eyes as Seraphina stormed off in a huff. “Humans, exhibit ‘A’.” They were all the same; narcissistic and ego-driven, until challenged, and then they crumbled like the spineless little larvae they were. Mother Earth watched as Death went after her. He had always seemed to have a soft spot for the humans, not that Mother Earth understood why. His very touch was Death to them, and his whole Existence revolved around their demise.

When Love spoke to her, Mother Earth rolled her eyes.

“If by ‘charming’ you mean absolutely insufferable, then sure.” Truth be told, Mother Earth did not despise Death as much as she led on. She found him odd, and horribly inconvenient, but tolerable. She did not mind his company, though it often led to her having to replace a good amount of plants.

Chaos stared back at Time for a moment, the other Keeper’s respectful and sincere tone catching her off guard.

Hades, you’re such an idiot. Get a hold of yourself!

Chaos blinked, and then shook her head as she recalled their present predicament.

“Yes. Maybe. I think,” Chaos was beginning to sound like Change. She drew in a breath, steadying her voice, and turned her eyes back on the rip. “If this Nothingness exists on a separate plane, and this is an entrance into that plane, then it should be easy to find where the exit is. Or exits,” Chaos corrected, eyes flickering over to Time for a second. She drew in another breath, and stepped back up to the rip. This time, she pushed both sleeves up to her elbows.

Are you sure this is a good idea?

What else’s she gonna do? Sit around like a damn coward? This is how she earns their respect. And, if she dies in the process, she’ll die a hero.

Now you’re just arguing because you can’t stomach agreeing with me. And she’s not going to die.

We don’t know that.

Chaos leveled her eyes on the rip, narrowing them as she strained to see into it. Nothing. She lifted both hands and slipped them into the opening.

Chaos closed her eyes and steadied her breathing, drawing in a slow breath and holding it in her lungs for a moment before releasing it in an equally slow exhale. The silence returned to her mind, and she welcomed it, drawing on the stillness of the Nothingness she had entered. She allowed it to enter her mind and body, to infiltrate her soul, and become one with her Being. Once the connection was complete, she began her search. She felt through the blackness, reaching out for anything she might be able to grab hold of. Some sort of way to distinguish up from down, right from left. Nothing. She kept on, moving through the darkness, blind, but unbothered by it. She felt an overwhelming sensation of contentment. Joy, even. Like she was meant to be here, meant to stay.

Something shifted in the distance. Or maybe it was right next to her, such things were impossible to calculate in this place. Chaos turned her attention back to her task, and moved for the thing, whatever it was. She reached for it, and her hand broke through the Nothing and out into Reality. Chaos frowned, resisting the urge to open her eyes and break the spell. She paused, reminded herself to breathe, and refocused.

Chaos finally opened her eyes and stepped back, pulling her hands from the rip. She had gone deeper this time, and the distortion now engulfed both arms up to her elbows. She watched as they morphed and Changed. It was faster this time, and Chaos almost felt pain, which was not something she was quite used to. She waited, and waited, and the distortion continued.

“Change,” her voice had regained some of its meek panic back. She looked up frantically, scanning for the Keeper, and finding them speaking with Love. “I need Change.”

Chaos moved across the room at a quickened pace, coming up beside Change.

“Sorry,” she apologized in advance, and then set both hands upon Change’s shoulder. She closed her eyes and drew in a breath, finding comfort in the Keeper’s ever-morphing self. She stayed there for a moment, and then opened her eyes and pulled her hands back. They were normal again. Chaos smiled up at Change, before turning to find Time again.

“I know where the rip in Reality is.”

Last edited:
Change shook what was likely it’s head “well yes no maybe, it’s all a matter of perspective really... and change, and yes there was a human, always never sometimes, doing odd things so much change so much fun, they play my games but alway lose one by one, so they too are a favorite of mine.. for now, lest I change my mind, after all I wouldn’t have gone after her if I didn’t like her no?” change paused for a moment hearing its name.. a little confused before feeling chaos place her hand on its shoulders fixing the distortion upon chaos's body by contact with its own not turning around another mouth just appeared out of the back of its head smiling gladly back it her "a little change always helps no?"

meanwhile, change's other part watched death talk to Seraphina the more human-like change smiled death would know that whenever one of changes various forms wore gold it tented to mean the more sane bit of it was running this one it smiled "well a walk sounds like a nice change of place you don't mind if i join you both? the mists are always fun"

Death's grin widened and he extended his arm for Seraphina to take. She was taller than Time, so he didn't have to bend down as much as he usually did. He tossed a wink to Change over his shoulder. "Well, come on, then, old friend."

He lead them down his hallway towards the front door.

Death nodded sagely as Seraphina explained her predicament. "Hm, yes, well, I wouldn't be too concerned about it, to be perfectly honest. We Keepers are a little... outside Reality. Sometimes we have our heads in the clouds." He gave her a small smile. "I'll let you in on a little secret. Time might act all high and mighty, but you can bet your own life she'll look into this--if she doesn't know about it already. She's, mmm..." Death trailed off, trying to figure out the most diplomatic way to say she was an arrogant ass but her heart was in the right place. "Erm... a bit... prideful? But ah... she really is caring. Deep down." He paused. "Deeeeeeep down. It takes a while to get past all the, um... cold task mistress attitude, but give it Time."

When Seraphina complemented his home, his smile widened. "Oh, well thank you! Designed it myself. Excepted for the various clocks. Those are all Time."

As they stepped out onto Death's doorstep, he swept his arm out with all the granduer of someone introducing royalty. "This, my dear, is the Mists."

The Mists were not misnamed. A pale, grey light shone through lazy swirling white fog. Death's home sat seemingly in the middle of it as it stretched without end as far as the eye could see. The Mists didn't seem dangerous, but they did not seem friendly, either. They curled leisurely on top of each other.

"These are the Mists. Time lives over there, and Luck is past her," Death said, seeming to be gesturing in arbitrary directions. "Mother Earth is that way, and Choas is over there. Love is past them, and Change? Which way is your home? I feel like it always Changes."

Death stepped down off his step, the Mists swirling peevishly at his ankles. He lead them to the side of the house.

To the left of his house, bare trees stabbed at the Mists with spindly limbs. A small cobblestone path wove under their barren branches. Various dead plants rose out of the Mists in what was apparently Death's idea of a garden. He lead them to his garden and ducked under a low branch that threatened to pull at his hair. To the right rested several rose bushes, their bright white blooms frozen in Time.

"These were a gift," Death said cheerfully. "I can't conjure living things, so Time got them from Mother Earth and froze them."

He smiled fondly at his roses, looking as if he might reach out an cup one of the blossoms in his hand. But he restrained himself and turned a smile down on Seraphina. "So! Tell me about yourself. You're a pyromancer, yes? From a long line of Keeper keepers?"

Time blinked at the mention of exits. Wonderful. There could be more than one. Why could nothing ever be simple? She watched a little nervously as Chaos plunged her arm in the gash.

She didn't even want to think about what would happen without Chaos. She was so vital. Her absence could throw off the delicate balance of Reality. Time might not always think fondly on her fellow Keepers, but she could not deny that each of them was vital.

And as Chaos withdrew her arm, panic in her eyes, Time tensed. She never did anything without taking the Time to consider the situation, but this caused her to step forward just a few steps. When Chaos found Change and settled her shifting arm, Time relaxed slightly.

As the other Keeper turned to her, Time straightened. Realizing the rest of the Keepers were looking at her expectantly, she cleared her throat. A very human thing to do, but she couldn't help it. "Excellent. We should gather a few of us to investigate."

She flicked her eyes over the gathered Keepers, wishing Death was there. He was so much better at being in the center of attention. She much preferred to tick along in the background. But she could schedule. She could plan. What would be best? They needed Keepers who could fix such destruction of Reality as this. Time nodded to herself as her mind raced. "Chaos, of course, Change, Mother Earth, Love, myself--"

"You could use a little Luck, I think," Lady Luck called with a breezy smile.

Time sniffed, but before she could answer, Luck continued, "Even if you don't think you need me, I'll still be there. This is part of my duties. After all, how Fortunate that this tear appeared here rather than some random spot deep in the Mists."

Time pressed her lips together, but she could tell by Luck's smirk that the other Keeper knew she had little choice. Luck was unfortunately correct. "Luck, then. And I should fetch Death."

"Whatever for?" Luck said with such a smile that Time shifted uncomfortably.

There may have been a slight pink tinge to her cheeks, but it was hard to tell given her chosen skin color. She had no idea how she would explain that Death set her at ease, slowed the racing of her schedule. He was the deadline, after all.

Instead, Time settled on, "Well, he's got that human, hasn't he? Can't leave her here. I'll leave a message with one of his ravens." Time turned back to Chaos. "Well, then. Where is it?"

Change smiled at death jester following both the keeper and the keeper... keeper out into the mists death trying to ease the witch’s worries change laughter softly it’s long hair transmuting into a glossy golden hue flicking it out of its eyes “trust me, I know time will eventually change her view.... all in good time” changes response was toned with a knowing sarcasm if anything was truely annoying about the keeper it was that changes domain overlapped into everyone else afterall change was a important intermediary because without change not even time would well.. change or at least not in any visible way. When change walked out into the mist it swirled around changes golden dress flowing and gliding around the keeper much like a over excited pet warping and flying around in intricate shapes and patterns when death asked where change lived it just smiled again “oh death you known me well of course it alway changes” it spoke with cheerful tone as to ran its and over a coiling spiral of mist that swirled past the keep playfully, if anything change was looking calm for once, after all this was it’s the sane part of it so to speak. When arriving at death gardens change looked around and sighed “the place is looking wonderful so full of life have you ever tried growing a cactus? They tend to last a very long time” change did keep its distance form the rose’s not wishing its presence to break the time freeze on them. “Death it seems time is expecting you back soon,I wouldn’t worry to much no need to spoil the moment”

Meanwhile back with the other version of change it continued to listen in on what time was saying it could tell she was nervous change couldn’t tell why but it knew she wasn’t exactly a fan of being the center of attention “don’t worry I will be am and was with you not with you there already had been there” speaking in a strange cryptic confirmation of it’s willingness to go “oh and don’t worry about death and the human I’m already there with them well part of me I’ll pass the message along”

Seraphina took Death's arm and smiled a little. She listened to the way he described Time and softly laughed. "She is quite the character." She commented, her anger towards the Kepper slowly dying. As they stepped outside of the castle and into the Mists, Seraphina caught a glimpse of Love in the ballroom. She thought she seemed familiar but didn't give it much thought and the door closed behind her.

Seraphina looked out into the never-ending Mists and softly gasped, taken aback. "The name fits. It almost feels homey and inviting." She said, running her hands through the mist slowly crawling up her legs. "So every Keeper has their own unique home in the Mists? How do you travel to other places?" She asked, following Death into an area that looked like it should be a garden. She looked at the frozen roses as Death asked his questions.

"I am indeed a pyromancer. I'm also your average witch who lives in a rundown apartment in the middle of a deadbeat town. But life is what you make of it. Fire is the most beautiful element in my opinion. So delicate that the slightest breeze can put out its flame but so deadly it can burn towns into the ground. So you have the choice of picking which way to use this gift. I like to stay in the middle ground but lean towards the deadly side." She said, creating a small fire in her palm. "I guess you can say I'm a Keepers keeper. I might not pursue that anymore and try to put my energy into something else but I'll figure that out later. My mother never really explained what to do besides to protect them when the time comes."

She laughed a little at Change's suggestion of Death growing a cactus. "Or you can just have something that's not technically alive." She suggested, creating a small flower with her flames. "I can create everlasting fire."

Love looked back at Seraphina and furrowed her brow. She's seen that human before but couldn't put her finger on it. "What's that humans name if you don't mind me asking?" She asked, tapping Chaos' shoulder. Her ears perked up at the mention of her name and smiled at Time. "I doubt I would be of any assistance but I'll be here if needed. You know I Love helping people."

Ursula peered out of the kitchen door at the other chronomancer and cocked her head at the woman, the young Magi still had no idea of what to think of this woman and opened her mouth to speak as the woman hobbled outside saying something about a rip in reality. "I think you might be looking your mar-" she cut her self off as she heads outside after the aged magi.

Her jaw almost hit the floor as she gazed up at this rip in time "How? What?!" She exclaimed before looking down at her hands, almost immediately blaming herself for this. Her hands shook with fear as her eyes raised one more to the rip, trying to figure why it happened now if she had done it, her magic had never done this before so there must be something else playing into this "Is there anyway we can turn back time to rid the world of this?" She questioned her self out loud.

When the attention was no longer on her, Chaos went back to staring at her hands. She held them to her face and turned them over, examining her palms. This body was not her true form, which was not much of a form at all, but an intangible concept that breathes life and purpose into Reality. She had chosen this form because it blended in. Most humans barely noticed she was there, when she traversed Reality upon occasion. She liked it that way. Unnoticed, invisible, plain. Her appearance did not stand out in any way and was the very definition of average. She had control of her chosen form in its entirety, or so she had thought. Whatever this rip was, whatever it meant for them and Reality, it had broken through her control and affected her form in a way she had never felt before. It both intrigued and frightened her.

There was a tap on Chaos’s shoulder, and she looked back to find Love. Chaos blinked, trying to recall what the Keeper had asked.

“Oh, uh...Persephone, I think? No, Seraph-something. I don’t really remember.” She had not exactly been paying full attention.

“Seraphina,” Mother Earth corrected, who had, surprisingly, been paying full attention. Chaos gave Love an apologetic smile and a shrug.

She’s staring at you, Eris broke into her thoughts.

“Who?” Chaos turned to find that Time’s attention had returned to her.

“Oh, umm...” Chaos froze for a moment as she determined what Time had asked her.

Dammit, the rip in Reality, you idiot! She wants to know where it is. You do know where it is, don’t you? You told her you did! I swear, if you keep embarrassing me like this, I—

“Yes, I mean, I don’t know...” Chaos gathered her thoughts as quick as she could, which only made her fluster worse. “I mean, I can show you,” she corrected.

I’m in Tartarus, Eris sighed. Chaos’s head bowed and her eyes closed as she drew in a breath; in through the nose, out through the mouth. She repeated a few times before reopening her eyes and turning them back up on Time

“I can give a general region, though I cannot say exactly where in Reality it is. But,” she interjected quickly, “I know its signature, and I can lead you to it. I do not believe it is anywhere too public, so we should be shielded from the humans.” All they had to do was step into Reality, and she would know where to take them. The draw of the calm Nothingness was strong, and it called to her.

Death smiled at Seraphina's declaration that the Mists were homey. "Mm, oh, we just travel. Time, Space, they are all meaningless once we step outside each of our individual homes. The Mists are the Between. We traverse them with a destination in mind and arrive by our very nature. Many humans have gotten lost in the Mists--they are not merciful to trespassers. Those who ventured into our plane are lost souls--unbound by Reality, and therefore impossible to locate. I wouldn't advise striding through the Mists without one of us to guide you."

He nodded, listening to the answers to his questions. Ah, yes, the undying human spirit. How he Loved it.

Death chuckled at Change's suggestion he keep a cactus. "I'm afraid not-watering-enough is not my problem, old friend."

When Seraphina lit a flame in her hand, he sighed, exhaling on the fire. It flickered, and he smiled sadly. "Nothing is truly eternal. Everything ends. Except perhaps, this." He pointed to the center of her chest. "Life. The only part of you not ground in Reality. The part of you that persists long after your body is gone." His smile widened slowly. "And what do you mean fire is not alive? It is energy. It consumes, or it starves. Much like humans, is it not? Energy moves from one thing to another, never dying, only Changing; slowly becoming disorganized. Until the disorganization becomes no longer functional, and I ferry the life that was in it along." He grinned. "Life doesn't end with me, my dear, merely Time."

He turned to Change and smiled at them. "They must have figured out where the rip is in Reality. Tell her we'll meet her there."

Time actually chuckled when Chaos said the human's name was Persephone. "Is that a joke?" she asked, her tone amused. "It is Winter, after all. "

She nodded as Chaos explained. "Whatever you can give us. Good. The fewer curious human eyes, the better." Time nodded to Love. Really, she knew Love tended to ease the tensions between the gathered Keepers and had asked her along for that purpose. Flicking her eyes back to Change, she said, "Can you tell him where we are going? I've got his scythe, I guess."

Time sighed. She wasn't about to leave Death's blasted weapon where anyone could pick it up, but it was much too large for her. She tapped the scythe on the floor, and it obliged, shrinking down to more her size. As it did, her dress shifted into more practical trousers and two belts crossed her hips, a sword on each. One sword was longer than the other, much like the hands of a clock.

Time flicked her eyes back to Chaos. "Lead the way."

Emryss frowned and crouched. She began to age as she stretched her fingers out. She tugged at the fabric of Reality, and it slid aside. A ring of magic appeared before her, along with symbols and three hands, hovering in front of the gash in Reality. Nothing in the circle moved, and Emryss frowned. Time was going to be ticked, but it was worth a try. She pored energy into the spell as she tried to get the three stubborn hands to move. Emryss went from a youngish woman to about ninety years old, but nothing else changed. Groaning, she released the spell, magic sighing away from the circle she had formed.

The years began to fall away as the old mage turned to the younger. "Time seems to have no hold over this particular mess. You don't know any Chaos magic, do you?"

Ursula watched the old woman try to work her magic on the rip, when the old woman gave up the young Magi stepped up and placed two hands infront of her just cetimeteres away from the rip and tried her luck against it. From her hands formed two clockfaces glowing yellow but refusing to move even an inch, a low growl of frustration is ripped from Ursula's throat and she dropped her hands with a shame of her head "Not even a little bit, I focused on Chronomancy and a little astromancy" She sighed and stepped back from the rip.

One hand went through her long red hair that seemed to take years to grow as long as it has while she stared at the rip trying to figure out why chaos caused this or how it could be closed "Is it possible to use the opposite of Chaos to close the rip or at least contain it until it can be figured out or worse... found by the keepers" She paled slightly as she spoke, not wanting to even lay eyes on the keeps out of fear. "Who knows what they will do to us if they think we caused this but if we had it would have been time magic not chaos" the young Magi looked around as if at any second she could be spotted by something, looking for a way she could hide quickly.

When Time Changed her look, Chaos did the same with a heavy sigh of relief. She had never liked dresses. In her line of work, is was best to dress practical. Her top remained the same, though the bottom half melted away into slim-fitting pants and a pair of sensible boots. She carried no weapons, having found Violence in Chaos was never a good mix. She left her hair in the loose bun she had fiddled around with earlier that day, and once she was sure her form was appropriate for where they were about go to go, she turned for Death’s door.

Chaos pushed through the door and stepped out into the Between, crossing the distance between Death’s home and the general area of Reality where she had felt the rip in a matter of a few steps. She closed her eyes as she left the Between and stepped back into Reality, reopening her eyes to trees. Chaos glanced up and around, having chosen a particularly uninhabited spot to enter Reality. It appeared to be a sparse wooded area, not quite a forest. She drew in a breath, and felt the familiar tug.

“This way,” Chaos determined, not bothering to glance behind her to ensure everyone had followed her through. She marched forward, eyes narrowing as the energy grew stronger, and the call of Nothingness buzzed within her. She peered through the trees, and just before she broke into the clearing, she halted. Two figures stood before the rip, which hung in the air in a similar fashion to the one in the Between.

“What’s wrong?” Mother Earth came up beside Chaos, who stuck a finger out at the two humans in front of them. Mother Earth followed the finger, and lips twisted in her frustration. Of course, always meddling in affairs that did not concern them.

“Is that Time magic?” Mother Earth, arms crossed, watched the two with accusatory eyes.

Chaos nodded. “Seems it failed. That witch...she feels familiar. Have we had dealings with her in the past?”

Mother Earth shrugged. “No idea. Don’t really care.” Her eyes narrowed, then. “Do you think these two are behind this?”

Chaos did not answer. Her gut told her ‘no’, but Eris seemed to have other thoughts.

Definitely them. Humans, witches especially, are always meddling. No doubt one of them got in over their head and managed to break Reality in an attempt to seek every-lasting beauty. Typical.

Maybe...we need more information before we can start throwing around accusations, however

Says you. I say we take ‘em out. If it was their doing, great. If not, still great. The Earth could benefit from the loss of a few humans.

We’re not taking anyone out
, Harmonia asserted, as if she had to make sure Chaos knew where they stood. Eris was ridiculous, but she had influence. Not until we have all the facts.

Last edited:
Changes form changed once again form jagged crystaline shapes to a humanoid figure wearing a hoodie almost skin tight and jeans. the interior of the hoodie was shrouded with a dark abyss as it seemed everyone else was getting ready to get going. “Oh time death wanted me to tell you and they will be there shortly so will my other half” it said casually as the group filed out to follow chaos the mists dancing around change like they always did change pausing every now and then to watch a more interesting shape form swirl and dissipate sometimes stroking them other times not, the. They did get to there intended exit change waved to the group “you go ahead and take the easy way iv got something I wana try” before disappearing into the mists away form the rest of the group. change instead of appearing with the rest of them showed up a lot closer to the two witch’s and the rip leaning against the hut wall, of course it would see the rest of the keepers peering out form them tree line. the chorus of voices that made up changes speech laughed in amusement at one of the witch’s worried statement “oh contraire mon ami, we know” the chorus of voices said in unsettling tandem titling it’s head up the black abyss in the hoodie was replaced with a huge smiled mouth filled with jagged predatory teeth.

Canth Canth Fray Dracoheart Fray Dracoheart Reynarda Reynarda

Last edited:
Seraphina's smiled wavered when Death made her flame flicker. She made her fire disappear and went to put her hands in her pockets but quickly remembered she was wearing a dress. "I wish I brought a change of clothes." She mumbled to herself. She was good at magic but couldn't conjure up clothing or have it travel through space and time. She shrugged her shoulders and looked back up to Death. Seraphina listened as he explained Life and smiled. "I don't know, I've never really thought of fire as a living thing. I guess I still have a lot to learn as a pyromancer." She laughed a little. "Also where are we going? Have they figured out that whole rip situation?" Seraphina asked.

"Seraphina? Hmm, I'll figure it out later." Love said, trying to connect Seraphina's face to her name. "Are we leaving? How fun!" She laughed, deciding to stay in her flowing dress. After all, she loved dresses and would choose them over normal clothes any day. She followed the group out of Death's door and her surroundings quickly warped into a small wooded area. The others quickly appeared around her and followed Chaos to observe the rip that also tore through Reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back