• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Just Keep Me Away from All Who Conspire (Vatusia x Callumhunter)

Vatusia

I let myself go 'til I hit the ground
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
It had been a sunny day in the city, but now the sun was setting and the world was starting to chill. Even in late spring, the night got chilly out. Luka was really starting to regret not bringing a hoodie out. He'd been running errands after work and now was on his way home. Like so many others, Luka was taking advantage of the subway lines underneath Adehale. It gave them a place to set down the few cloth bags that he had from shopping. It wasn't much, enough groceries to last him a few days with some snacks and a magazine. Not that he'd needed the magazine in the first place. But it had provided an easy enough cover for why he'd stopped at the newsstand and paid the person working there. It honestly wouldn't have mattered. No one ever suspected the silver-haired man to be part of the Kavoc Mafia.

The overhead speakers let out that they were about to stop at his street. Luka quickly gathered his bags back up, looking around the car. There weren't a lot of people out this evening. It was the middle of the week and most people were already home from work. Perfect time to go out. Within the minute the train came to a jolting stop, swaying people in their seats and causing Luka to hit their shoulder into the pole they were leaning on. He winced but quickly hurried out the doors and onto the platform. The station wasn't the worst on the line, but there was still plenty of dirt in the corner and overfilling trash in the cans. Luka wrinkled his nose when a suspicious odor wafted from one end of the platform. He scurried towards the stairs that would lead back to the surface. If he hurried, maybe he wouldn't get so cold on his way back to his apartment building.

Callum was getting tired of following the guy around, ever since he got given he job he knew it would be hard to track him, being part of the Mafia he knew this Luka Kovac would be well guarded. He watched from the end of the platform as his target left the train.

He had been following him all day, keeping a distance so not to put any suspicion on him. He watched him hurry for the stairs, a voice buzzed in his ear, he put a finger to it, “Update?” He heard on the other end. ”The target has left the station, I‘m trailing him now.” He said, trailing Luka’s tail. He hated the Kovac mafia, they had killed many of his friends before, but he had never killed one of them. It was time for a piece of their own medicine. “Target looks to be going back to his home… Permission to follow.” He said, watching as Luka turned the street.

“Permission granted, kill him quick then get out.” His associate said, Callum smirked, this would be easier than he thought. Maybe he could try be friendly with him before opening fire, he didnt want this guys to die quicker given his aunt was the leader. He put on the mask he had hidden inside his hoodie, ”Lets get this over with…” he said, picking up speed, but remaining as quiet as possible

Getting onto the street was a welcome relief. As convenient as public transit was, it always made Luka feel a little bit icky. Too many people and too many things going on all at once. At least with the evening sky above him, Luka felt like he could breathe. Of course, they would feel better once they were safely within the lobby of the apartment building. It had been drilled into Luka's head since a young age that he should always be vigilant. A lesson he still took to heart to this day. It always felt like people were watching when he was out and about. He always behaved like there was. It didn't matter that as far as he was aware, no one had ever come after the third child of the sister of the head of the Kovac family. But his mother would have his head if he didn't try and keep himself safe.

And the only way that she had agreed to him moving downtown was if she could have guards at his apartment building and modifications to his apartment. Once he entered that lobby, he would be as safe as he could be. Which was part of the reason he probably preferred to stay indoors anyway. Then he wouldn't have to worry about his mother tracking his phone. "Just one more stop, then I can go home," Luka whispered to himself. Cat food was the last thing on the list. There was a small pet store not far from his house. One of the upscale ones that charged too much for everything. But Meden was picky about her food and Luka was a pushover when it came to the tabby. Luka paused outside the bougie pet store, taking a minute to enjoy the open air before having to deal with more people.

Callum watched Luka enter the pet store, he took off his mask, he had an idea. He walked in, taking his hood off and going into Undercover mode, watching Luka he browsed the products, he did like animals actually, cats especially, they were just too cute to Callum, the one thing that might get him to die from cuteness.

Callum picked up one of the cat food products and moved closer to Luka, trying to act curious before approaching him. “Hey there, um, do you think a minx has a preferred food type, mine hasn’t been eating much and I cant seem to find anything she likes…” He said, putting on the charm. He got a closer look at Luka, wow, not bad looking he’d admit. the piecing’s are an interesting choice though in his opinion, but looked good. He laughed, trying to come off as harmless to the man.

Just when Luka thought he was home free, someone, a handsome someone, decided to ask questions. He had the cat food for Meden, he had his food still in hand, and he had been about to go pay. And now there was someone asking questions about cat food. Luka flushed, looking down at the food that the shorter man had in hand. "You may want to try doing a topper or some wet food mixed in. She also might be a sensitive tummy," Luka murmured. He turned his back towards the darker-skinned man and headed down the aisle a little, grabbing some of the filet toppers that he knew Meden liked. Luka shuffled back to the dark-haired stranger. He held the treats out to the other man. "These are what my little girl likes. They're a little on the expensive side, but they have all the good fats and moisture they need."

Callum smiled, trying to act natural. “You know a lot about cats huh?” He said, giving him smile. “Mine Always likes to eat my pizza or yogurt whenever i have them.“ He laughed, taking the cat food. “You said you had one right, what type is she?” He asked, he wanted to give this guy a false sense of security.

He looked him over, blushing lightly at the realisation that this man was most definitely attractive, but he couldn’t think like that, he had a job to do. He began read the details on the can, gosh this was expensive, luckily he didnt knew it. But this guy didnt need to know that. “Im Alex by the way. Its nice to meet you mister..?”

Oh no. Oh no no no. There was no way that this was happening. Luka was not getting flirted with in the cat food section of his preferred pet store. This could not be a thing. Luka could practically feel his face heat up with the blush that he was sure was making his face resemble a tomato. "I have a lot of time on my hand to read. Why not make sure I know enough about cats to keep my little one healthy? Meden is an orange tabby. Dumb as a box of rocks, but picky about her food," Luka stuttered out. Suddenly the floor was the most interesting thing that was in the store. Luka couldn't think of anything more embarrassing than their current situation. He just wanted to get cat food and then go home. And now a handsome man named Alex had drawn him into a conversation about cat food. "My name is Luka. It was nice meeting you Alex, but I really should be getting home. My cat is very picky about dinner time." Luka waved awkwardly as he turned to go. He practically ran away from the tanned man on his way to the checkout. It was way past time to get back to his apartment. Maybe then his face would cool down.

Callum nodded “Yeah okay“ He put the food back onto the shelve, moving past check out before leaving the store, he moved to go in the direction of the guys apartment “Target is moving soon towards his home, answer with apartment number so I can get in.” He said, waiting for a reply, “Second top floor Nyx, apartment number 325, theres a pipe you can climb near it and use you tools to open the window.” The man replied, Callum sprinted to the back of the apartment building, putting his mask on as he did so, seeing the pipe, he started climbing, his gloves having more grip. ”God this is too easy…” He said, looking inside the apartment, he’d wait, kill the guy, then get out, as simple as that. “The Mafia need to increase their defences.“ He whispered, Using his knife to pry the window open “Bingo“ He said as he climbed inside.

Just as the transaction was finishing up and Luka was about to start heading home, his phone went off. Checking what the alert was, Luka froze. The silent alarm in his apartment had been triggered. Which meant his aunt and mother had also received the same alert. There would be security on their way to his apartment at this exact moment. Luka waved a hasty goodbye to the cashier before rushing out of the building and down the street. While they trusted the security to do the job they were hired for, he didn't trust them to not let Meden out. The guards could handle whatever idiot decided to break into a mafia-guarded apartment. It wasn't the first time that there had been a scare for Malina's youngest, but this was the first time that he'd been targeted on his own. Hopefully, his Aunt and Mother didn't insist on him moving somewhere more controlled.

The buildings rushed by as Luka sprinted to his building. He practically flew into the lobby of his building before skidding to a stop in the elevator. He hit the railings and wall hard, gritting his teeth as the side of his body made contact. That would bruise. He punched in the number for his floor, sure that the guards were already up there. Aunt Kristina had people on his floor and on some of the other floors for her 'favorite' nephew's protection. Luka was practically bouncing off the walls waiting for the elevator to get where it was going. Somehow he still had his bags and the cat food. The door finally opened and he took off at a run down the hallway. The door was already open and Luka could hear what he assumed was the intruder and the guards. Meden had to be hiding somewhere in the apartment. Luka would have the intruder killed if something had happened to the orange tabby.

Callum had his gun in his hand, pointing it at the guards, shit, he didnt account for them being right outside the door, an orange tabby was brushing against his legs, he was trying to shoo it away without looking away from the guards.

“Drop your weapon!” One of them said, they both had guns, and he knew they were bound to shot. He had two options, shot one of them and die, or put the gun down and die.

”Fine… see, putting it down.” He said, placing his gun down at his feet, kicking it towards them. One of them run up to him, grabbing a chair and throwing him onto it. ”Get the rope, the boss will want to interrogate this one.“ He said. “Really… I hate talking…..” Callum groaned, earning him a slap to the face. “Shut up.“ The guard said, the other came over, tying his hands together behind the chair. “Now dont talk, and wait.“ one of them said, both watching him intently. Callum knew how to get out of these sort of situations, he just needed time.

As Luka turned the corner, he noticed that the guards already had the intruder subdued. Tied to a chair and waiting for either his mother or his aunt. The first thing that stuck out about the intruder was the blue mask with stars on it. It vaguely reminded him of the night sky. Meden was winding around his feet even now. The little attention whore. "Meden, get away from there," Luka hissed out before grabbing the tabby. The guards moved between Luka and the intruder. None of these brutes would listen to him, even if he were to give them orders. They only answered directly to his aunt. But Luka wanted to know who was after him and how they had found his apartment. It had been under aliases and through shell corporations. He'd done some of the work himself. That could wait for the moment. The silver-haired man took the tabby into the bedroom and fished out her travel backpack. "Let's get you into your carrier sweet thing." Chances were that Aunt Kristina was going to make him spend the next few nights in a safe house. He would probably never see this apartment again. Meden tried worming her way out of the carrier, but Luka zipped it up tight once he got her head back in.

Time to go meet the asshole who had ruined the little freedom he had gotten from his family. Luka stormed into the room and past the guards. He would have answers before his family could get here. One of the taller men tried putting an arm between the pale man and his masked intruder, just for Luka to snarl at him. "Out of my way, I want answers. You may answer to my Aunt, but I am still a Kovac." Luka pushed the other man aside and stood before the masked man. He yanked the bright blue fabric from the face of the captive man. Staring back at him was the man from the pet store. "Alex?" Luka asked, shocked for a moment. Of course he couldn't have a normal interaction with someone else. Everything always tied back to his family. Every damned time. Luka looked down at the mask in his hand. Which was when he noticed that his mark was lighting up. The crescent moon which had haunted him since the time he could remember was finally reacting. To someone who was either trying to steal from him or hurt him. "Fuck..."

Callum looked at his hand, where a mark shaped like a crescent moon was, it was glowing… “errrrr, that cant right?” He laughed “No… no..no…no!” He shouted, trying to get out of the chair, He would not be the soulmate of someone who was a Kovac! “You have to be kidding me!” He leant back in the chair, He glared at Luka “So, soulmate, its pleasant to meet you, My name in Callum moonberry, and I was sent to kill you.” He said bluntly, he was Just doing his job and now he knew that this guy was his soulmate! He continued to laughing, his head on the back of the chair, no way could his life be more fucked up right now.

So his soulmate had been sent to murder them. Fantastic. Wonderful. "This is bullshit," Luka whined. He'd waited all his life for the soulmate mark to light up. For someone to call their own. And it was someone sent to kill him, probably because of who his family was. Luka turned away from Alex, no, Callum, and stared at his hand. It was still glowing. He turned to the wall and slid down, his knees against his chest as he looked over at the dark-haired man who was meant to be his other half. An assassin. Sent to kill him. Who had engaged him over cat food to get to him. Soulmate. "Tell my Aunt that this person is my soulmate. I don't want him hurt. We're staying here until she arrives. Guard the exits, but if I catch either of you snooping, there will be hell to pay and I will be collecting," he hissed out. The two men stared at him for a second before one moved to the fire exit and the other stood outside his door. Luka wrapped his arms around his legs as he looked over at Callum. He couldn't blame the other man for laughing. This had to be some sort of divine comedy.

"Did you take the contract because the money was good or because you have something against my family?" Luka whispered. He wasn't sure he even wanted to know the answer. But for some reason that was the only thing he could think to ask. There were so many things that he wanted to know, but for some reason, the words wouldn't come for him to ask them. "I..." No matter how hard he tried, the words seemed to get stuck. "I can... I can understand, I think... either way..." Luka looked up, tears welling in his eyes. He'd always dreamed that meeting his soulmate would be the thing that filled that missing part of his heart. Give him the love that his cold family couldn't. But their soulmate had found Luka while trying to kill them. Damn his family.

Callum looked away, wondering whether he would give an answer or not “Your aunt, killed both my biological parents. And your mother killed my best friend, Alex.“ He said, tears leaking from his eyes, “They offered money but I refused, killing you would been enough…“ He said, looking him in the eyes, tears streaking down his cheeks. “I lost everyone cause of your family, so I thought, why not pay them back in turn?” He said, cocking his head “Your family, is shit.” He spat. “But… you were kind back in that store… so your not so bad…” He said, looking away. He was saying the truth, Luka had shown him kindness whereas everyone either ignored him or hurt him. “Thank you… for that…” He said, looking back at him

His parents and his best friend. Because of his mother and his aunt. Luka wished he could say that he was surprised. He couldn't. He wished he could say he was disappointed. He wasn't. His family was many things, but wasteful about life wasn't one of them. If his family had ordered the hits, let alone carried them out, there was a reason. "My family is shit..." Luka whispered. His family was shit enough that Callum had turned down the money to kill him. Had turned it down because getting back at his family was payment enough. Luka couldn't bring himself to meet Callum's eyes anymore, staring at his hand and that awful glowing mark. "I'm sorry... about your family... I can try to figure out why they were killed... if you want..." It was a shitty offer for what had been done. But it was the only thing that Luka could offer at the moment. He couldn't let Callum go, his aunt would just have the man hunted down and killed. Soulmate or not. Keeping him in this apartment was currently the only way that he could keep him alive. And even that wasn't a guarantee once his family arrived.

There wasn't a lot he could do against his aunt and mother. Against his cousins who were set to take their place once the time was right. He did his job and he did it well. And he kept out of their way and tried to stay as far away as he could. That wouldn't work now. They couldn't run. They couldn't promise to keep Callum safe. They couldn't even guarantee that Callum would make it out of this apartment alive. But he could try to make his soulmate comfortable until his family arrived. It would take them a half hour or so to get here. The benefits of living downtown, away from their home in the suburbs. "I don't know what will happen when my aunt and mom get here. They're... volatile..." Luka murmured as he stood up. Slow, shuffling steps took him toward his would-be killer. He drew the knife that his mother had trained him to carry since he was old enough to hold it properly. One neat movement sliced the ropes holding Callum's arm to the chair. Luka briefly let himself look at the face of his soulmate, tears finally spilling over. "They'll kill you if you run... But... I can't promise I can... that I can convince them to let you live... I'm sorry."

Callum smiled at him gratefully. “I know... Id rather Stay and die than be hunted and then killed.” He said, looking at Luka with a wide smile, “Im fine with it.“ He looked away, laughing. ”I never knew my family long enough to grief much. But I wish to have known you better for how you shown remorse for me.” He said “But can I have my mask back, that was Alex’s, I would like to have it if I die…” He smiling At him, at a lost for word. He knew this may be his finally night but he was ready anyway, he knew there was a risk to this. But he would deal with it with his head held high.

"Yea... Yeah of course,' Luka laid the mask out on Callum's lap before he sliced through the rest of the ropes that were holding him. The knife dangled limply from Luka's hand once their soulmate was free, before dropping to the hardwood floor with a thud. The feather on Callum's hand stared up at Luka. It was haunting. How could fate have been cruel enough to put his mark on someone who his family would hurt so? On someone that would have killed him just for a chance to get revenge on his family? Luke tottered back to his room, meaning to free Meden from her carrier. He all but collapsed by the bed, unzipping the bag with shaking hands. The orange tabby nuzzled her head against his fingers before darting off, no doubt in search of their guest. Luka didn't have the strength or courage to do what Callum was doing. Smiling and laughing in an impossible position. Right now all he wanted was to curl up in his closet and cry. This wasn't how things were supposed to go and they didn't know how to deal with it, let alone cope. The only time he might see his soulmate smile was with tear tracks running down his face while he was tied to a chair. Awaiting a family that had already taken so much and would probably take more before the day was over. Luka's family. Luka curled into himself against the edge of his bed, burying his head as best he could. He didn't want Callum to see his tears or hear his sobs. He owed the other more than that.

Callum rubbed his wrists, putting his mask back into its hidden place, looking at the orange tabby that had just strolled into the room “Aw, your adorable!” He said, walking over to pick her up, stroking her head. “Hey! You know crying doesnt make you weak… it shows how string your emotions are… trust me I know.” He said, having his back to his room, stroking the cat dearly. ”And I understand your family is shit but your not… just take that as consideration, before I… you know..” He went back to sit on the chair, waiting for them to arrive.

"And I understand you're family is shit but you're not... just take that as consideration, before I... you know..." Luka sobbed as quietly as he could into his knees at Callum's words. He should be doing something. Anything. Not just sitting here feeling sorry about the situation. If he could convince his aunt and mother to let his soulmate live, they would have more time to figure things out. But Callum had been hired to kill him. His family would want him hung just to prove a point. Running wasn't an option. His aunt would have them hunted down. Fighting was possibly the most foolish thing. They wouldn't get past the guards. Reasoning with his aunt was the only thing. The only thing that might save Callum. Might let him live long enough that he and Luka could figure things out.

But they wouldn't get anywhere with Callum loose in his apartment and Luka crying in the bedroom. With a few more sniffles, Luka unfurled his limbs. He could hear Meden chirping in the other room. Luks stood on wobbly legs, grabbing onto the doorframe into the living area as soon as they reached it. "Would you be willing to tell me who hired you? The more information I can give... that we can give my aunt, the more likely she won't..." Luka trailed off. He couldn't finish that sentence. The reality was already crushing. A weight in his chest that was slowly suffocating him. He still couldn't even look at Callum, eyes facing the floor. "You should probably put any weapons on the table. And stay away from the door."

Callum nodded “I have no loyalty to them so im fine with saying Anything.” He shrugged, putting the cat down after a finally pet. Taking out his other gun, his two knifes and a whip which had been curled around his waist. Putting them on the table. “Thats all I have, your bodyguard took my other gun.” Sitting back on the chair. “To be honest I would like to meet my parents killer, Im not vengeful for their deaths since I didnt really know them… just the fact your mother killed my friend because he wouldn‘t give her money for no god damn reason.” He said, stretching on the chair. “And dont worry, if there’s anything im good at, its talking, Ive gotten out of at least 30 bad situations just because I managed to to talk my way out. But if that doesnt work then no matter, ill die happy.” He said smiling.

He finally looked at Luka, seeing how broken down he was about this, his smile dropping entirely “Look… Im sorry for lying to you earlier and taking advantage of the fact you believed me to be harmless, I just…” He trailed off, not knowing how to give valid answer. “I was hire by this company in a town not to far from here, Don’t know the mans name but its another mafia gang, said I was skilled and thought I could pull it off. At first I wanted to refuse but he said who I was suppose to kill…. You… And my brain became fixated on wanting to pay back what your family did. So… I’m sorry..”

Another mafia had ordered the hit on him? Was it because he was the least guarded, or had someone figured out his involvement in the family? That was a fact they could work with. That was something that his aunt wouldn't overlook. Callum was essentially just the weapon, not the person pulling the trigger. "You wouldn't be the first person to try to get close to me because of my family. Wouldn't even be the first to try to hurt me," Luka stated. Callum wouldn't be the first. Certainly wouldn't be the last. He wasn't even the worst offender in Luka's mind. "It's almost worse when people want to use me for power or to try and get in with my family. I can understand wanting to hurt them. They're... not the most likable... even before the family business part..." And that was putting it mildly. Luka had more scars, both physical and psychological, from his family than any outside source.

But would his mother have been cruel enough to murder someone for just not paying money? Luka didn't want to think so, but he didn't even know this Alex. The whole situation was rapidly giving him a headache. Luka crossed the room, Meden winding around his feet as he made his way to the open kitchen. The groceries were still by the front door where they had been dropped. "I'll figure out what happened with your friend. No matter what happens," Luka promised. It sucked that this was the only thing he could guarantee his soulmate. There were so many things he wanted to promise. So many things he couldn't. Luka opened his freezer and grabbed the whiskey out before setting the bottle on the counter. He turned to the cupboard and grabbed four glasses. They weren't normally one to drink, but the amber liquid seemed as good an idea as any right now. Four glasses were filled, one pushed as far towards Callum, as far away from Luka, as the counter would allow. Two were set aside and the last was in Luka's hand. "I can get you ice if you want it. Or something else..."

Callum looked at the whiskey that luka had poured, shaking his head slightly “Sorry, I don’t drink.” He said, putting it simply. He hated the taste of alcohol it made him sick. “Thanks though…” Callum pushed the glass away. Alcohol was just another memory from his past since it was the only thing he smelt in his adoptive home.

Callum took a good look at his soulmate, trying to understand why he was different from the others. “You know, parents don’t define who you are... I understand why your…. Being targeted but it should just be them, not you, if that makes sense.“ Callum was never good with speeches When it came to family, he was trying to comfort a guy whose mother and aunt destroyed his life.

Callum knew this could be his last night, he was terrified, of course he was, it was only human, but when they arrived he had to just remain calm, emotions get you no where In this life. “You know, im not usually called to kill people, mostly just stealing and getting info, rarely do i get an actual Murder task.“ He said, looking at the floor, swinging his legs on the chair. “The guy really wanted you dead… as a way to distract your family so he could do something… thats all I know… he wanted me to kill you, then come back and celebrate…” He admitted, feeling the orange tabby around his legs

So his death was part of a plan. More than likely a move that the rival mafia was making against his family. Pity it wouldn't have worked the way it had been intended to. His family wouldn't shut down to mourn him. Luka took a sip of his drink, brain too muddled to try and figure out what plan could be in the works. His aunt would handle it. "I'm not that much better than my family. I've never ordered a hit, but you don't have to take a life to ruin one. I don't want you to think I'm innocent in all this. There are very good reasons someone would want me dead," Luka chuckled humorlessly. If his soulmate was going to die tonight, Luka would give him as much of the truth as he could. "It actually sounds like I'd be the one pulling your strings normally. I'm one of the people running intelligence for my family," Luka explained. Another sip of the whiskey went down.

Luka opened his mouth to ask more about Callum, but his door slammed open just as he was searching for the words. Aunt Kristina in all her righteous fury. As she was looking around, Luka moved quickly around the counter to stand in front of Callum. If she wanted him, she would have to go through her nephew first. She just might, judging by the scowl on her face. "Protecting your would-be killer Little Bird? Your mother raised you better than that. Soulmate or not, he tried taking something that wasn't his. There's a price for that," She purred. Luka felt a shiver go up his spine, but he still didn't move, meeting his Aunt's grey eyes. There were more guards behind her, but they wouldn't be needed. Not when she was this angry. She hadn't held a usually male-dominated role for all of Luka's life by being soft and letting others handle things for her. "Just hear him out. He's my soulmate. Please," Luka pleaded. Betting on any Kovac's sympathy was usually not a good strategy, but they didn't really have many options.

Callum jumped as the door flew open, watching as Luka jumped in front of him, He moved his head to get a look at his soulmates relatives. They were definitely strong and cool, he’d admit it, but he understood know how these people managed to kill both his parents and his best friend. “Very dramatic entrance miss, you certainly are very strong.” He said, trying to sound as calm as possible. Taking a breath, he got up from his chair, putting a hand on Luka’s shoulder.

“Look, I understand what I was intending to do does come with death, and honestly, even if I had managed it I probably would have killed myself just because I would be happy. You probably don‘t remember who my parents were but you killed them, so I thought… Why not give them a run for their money as well. I lost everything because of your family to a point I denied being payed for this job because I thought getting rid of a Kovac would be enough for me. I have information that might be useful to you… seeing as the person who hired me is another mafia gang who is planning on killing you.” He said, pointing at Luka’s aunt. “Now as much as I believe you could probably take them down these people were willing to put me… in the field for it… Cause honestly I was the only person they had who could actually… kill without question. If I can’t be of any use to you, then fine, kill me, I’ll die happy knowing I got to finally meet the person who killed my parents and ruined my life.” He stopped, looking away from luka’s aunt, waiting for her response

Luka wanted to turn around and strangle Callum. Why on earth would he mention dying happy to the sadistic mafia boss who would be more than pleased to end him? They were trying to keep him alive, damnit. But, no, his soulmate had to be an idiot. "They wanted to use my death to distract the family. I can use Callum's information to try and figure out exactly who is plotting and what they are up to. But I need him alive for that, Aunt Kristina. Alive and unharmed," Luka pleaded. She was staring down the shorter man like he was a bug in her way, which was never a good sign. She took a step toward the two and it took everything in Luka to not flinch. He'd never been on this side of her anger. This wasn't a situation he liked being in.

"You said I killed your parents. Do you know what their crimes were that warranted an execution? Because I know what your crimes are, child. Soulmate or not, you tried to kill my favorite nephew. He's very useful to me, you know." The words were cold. Enough to make Luka resituate himself between his aunt and Callum, one hand going back to grab onto the shorter man's arm. If she was determined to kill Callum, despite her 'favorite' nephew's protests, he wasn't about to make it easy on her. Kristina flashed a smile that was all teeth and reminded Luka more of a predator snarling. "But you have given me information on someone that was planning on doing even more farm to my family. That carries weight. Who else knows where Luka is staying? Would you be able to identify the man that hired you? And finally, are you going to try again to hurt my family?" Luka almost let out a sob in relief. If she was asking questions then there was hope that Callum would get to live another day. Another day was something that Luka could work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back