• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Jakka was staring back at Vanna as she stared at him for more than a brief moment. Did he confuse her somehow? "That was to me right?" She asked and he blinked briefly before he looked around the room with his right arm extended to indicate the room truly is empty. "Well, I see nobody else here, so yeah, I was talking to you Vanna. I hope you don't mind?" He said with a well-meant chuckle as he looked back at her. He'd smile like the others but Lamakkan beaks aren't really that flexible like the lips of many other races, quite problematic since those races generally are unaware of the complexities of Lamakkan intonation and body language.

It was then that Click Click came in with a device in their hands. "I have made a device, a special device. I can attach it to the gun, your gun, and it will scan for anomalies and the sort, like a drone yes? Like a little robot friend helping out." The Engineer told them. Well, it surely sounded like a neat doodad that Jakka could test out for his buddy Click Click. "Yes, thank you. We would love to have it." Vanna then replied to their Engineer friend and Jakka nodded in agreement. "Yeah, it will be our pleasure to test it." Jakka added before Vanna continued. "Can you please attach it to the Flak piece? I'm sure I'll be fine here, my aim is perfectly honed." She said which lead Jakka to look at her with mild bemusement. Cocky move of hers, but also a bold claim that her aim is perfectly honed.

"Just attach it where you need it attached to function Click Click, I'll keep an eye on it." He then said happily to the Engineer as he moves his seat back to give them the space they need to do their thing. "Will you be in Engineering during this mission or will you join me and Blue here in some catching up quality time?" He then asked whilst he gestured at Vanna with his thumb. He would sure love to catch up on what Click Click has been up to, but he also wants to talk some more with Vanna, he rarely finds time to talk with her and so far he hasn't found her very talkative if not alone.

Mentions:
archur archur - banter
enterelysium enterelysium - banter

f63777f4557c5177a37a9abf9445b6e2.png

Gold irises darted around her cabin as she listened to the voice of her navigator through the communications system, mindlessly gearing up for the exploration of the severely damaged aircraft. "I dunno, Lauren, but I sure as hell don't want to find out. I've never seen anything like this before." Her words rang with truth, albeit a terrifying one. If this was something unseen even by the captain, it was bad news. Both pistols were holstered, her armor now being donned as she heard another voice through the comms, this time Vanna announcing that the weaponry was prepared. Dave's response echoing out into the rest of the ship from his station, she presumed, made her let out a hardened chuckle, her expression not matching the mangled noise that left her throat.

Once she resituated her belt and ensured she had everything on her person that she would need, she glanced up at the mirror in front of her, her eyes catching those in her reflection for the brief moment she looked at herself. Her skin was a lighter blue than usual, drained of its color from the abhorrent sight that was before her a moment earlier. Her freckles shimmered in the light as she shifted her weight from one foot to the other, one of her tentacles in her grasp as she fiddled and stared. For a moment, she thought she saw someone in her past, someone she hadn't seen in a long time - she quickly shook her head, swung her rifle over her shoulder, and made her way to the gig. She appreciated her crew's obedience to her orders; Cerval, Isilme, Mya, and Dave were all present in the gig, and everything was ready to take off.

Cerval appeared unnerved, Isilme awaiting orders along with her wife, and Dave eager for all the wrong things as usual. "Suit up - we'll be going out into the non-breathable vacuum we have come to know and love, so please make sure you've donned the proper gear before leaving this gig when we stop by anything valuable. Isilme, please keep a lookout for said valuables as usual, and Mya get ready to haul whatever catches we find. Cerval, make sure they don't get fucked up upon obtaining 'em, and Dave, please try to keep us from hitting anything. The rest of you," Akra pressed two fingers beneath her ear, "Be ready for anything, including the cargo but especially anything hostile. We don't know what's out here." She finished speaking, nodding to Dave, before equipping the proper space protection she mentioned previously.

It was time to go.

dot-line-png-8.png
dot-line-png-8.png
dot-line-png-8.png
dot-line-png-8.png
dot-line-png-8.png
dot-line-png-8.png
dot-line-png-8.png
dot-line-png-8.png
dot-line-png-8.png
dot-line-png-8.png
dot-line-png-8.png
dot-line-png-8.png
dot-line-png-8.png
dot-line-png-8.png
dot-line-png-8.png
dot-line-png-8.png
dot-line-png-8.png
dot-line-png-8.png
dot-line-png-8.png
dot-line-png-8.png

Addressed: All y'all. | Mentioned: All y'all again. | Status: Prepping for Work | Mood: Terrified > Concerned/Worried > Readytogetthisshitdone | Location: Captain's Quarters > Gig | Inventory: Two Pistols & Clothes | Notes: Let's get this up again!

Last edited:
Vanna watched as the bug worked on putting together the module for the piece. "I'm sure Click click has better things to do than waste their time here." It was interesting, whatever the hell they said it was. A drone scanner, right? She wouldn't need it. The sniper had spent enough time scanning empty fields and patches of the black void to be able to tell when something was off. In fact, one of the men in her squad professed to being an artist before he became a ranger. He always said that he thought of sniping like painting; your line-of-sight was your canvas, and you're just having to paint over the little mistakes that seem to crop up. Always had a lot of patience, and focus, that man.

She caught just the hint of a strange look from Jakka as Click click left the room, their work finished. She couldn't tell what the hell it was from the brief half-glance she gave, and she was sure that if she had a better look, she still wouldn't be able to tell.

"What was that look for?" She said as soon as the doors slid shut behind the ship's engineer. "I'm not insulting your aim by saying you should get the device, if that's what you're thinking."

DarkianMaker DarkianMaker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back