• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Jean's Fantastical Plot Compendium (Always Open)

Jean Otus

Would-Be Prince
Hello all! I am a longtime roleplayer on this site and I thought I would compile some of my favorite 1x1 plots from my history on this site into one thread. I generally roleplay with mid to high detail and length, MxF romance, with me playing the male role. Many of these plots are also able to be played platonically if there are any issues. Beyond that, feel free to ask questions in the comments or my DMs. You can use either if you'd like to let me know that you want to try out one of these plots with me.

Help Me Make the Most of Freedom (Medieval Fantasy, Romance)
In a land torn between warring kingdoms, massive armies of mercenaries clash across the countryside. Many of these men are famed for their callous and brutal treatment of the peasantry. They take whatever they want and don't care who they have to harm to get it. They fill their stomachs, quench their thirst, and slake their lust at the expense of the honest and hardworking people of the land. Thankfully there are places where these men are forbidden to go. Among these are the holy convents that dot the land, in which young women study the holy arts secluded from the world. Yet, fate intervenes to bring people of these groups together. After a particularly bloody battle, a wounded mercenary is left at the door of a convent. With this, the man of war and a young priestess are thrust together. To him, she offers a chance to leave the battlefield for good, to her he offers a way of her cloistered existence and into the world.

A New Lease on Life (Medieval Fantasy, Romance)
In the waning days of a kingdom, bandits grow in strength as the economy and authority of the crown weaken. In these bandit clans infighting in almost as common as their raids on the people of the ailing kingdom. More often than not the bandits thin their numbers with these fights, with those on the losing end usually dying terribly. However, when a bandit survives they find themselves in a troubling situation. He is robbed of his old life and yet still a criminal. Bleeding profusely and in need of a chance to redeem himself, one bandit throws himself in the haystack of a struggling farmer. He places his life in her hands and hopes that he can make a new, honest life as a simple farmer.

Papa, I want that one... (Realistic, Mafia, Romance)
Muse A is the child of the cities eminent organized crime boss, the Don, the leader of the Mob. Because of this ill-gotten station, there's nothing that his family doesn't get if they want it. The finest in fashion, food, and luxuries all come to the family without delay. They all enjoy the high life with impunity; however, as the Muse A gets older, they start to grow dissatisfied with one particular aspect of their life. Whether they're sitting in their mansion, out on the town, or enjoying a high society party, Muse A is always alone. Their father offers to find them a partner amongst the fine members of his syndicate, but no, the Muse A has their eyes set on one, in particular, only the most eligible partner will do. So, to satisfy their child's wishes, the boss goes out and "convinces" their child's desired mate, Muse B, to start dating Muse A. Despite this coercion, Muse B agrees to date Muse A. Adventures throughout the city ensues as the inorganically started relationship either flowers or dies.

The Demon of the Old Coat (Fantasy, Familiar, Semi-Historical)
Muse A is the child of a famous magician, one whose deeds are known across the country and beyond its borders. Muse A is always thrilled at their stories of people from distant and strange lands who come to ask for their help, or of the kingdoms they travel to when a king calls for the aid of the legendary magician. It comes as a terrible shock when they die, and Muse A is left as the successor to the great legacy. Trying to emulate the late, great, magician, Muse A begins dressing in their old wardrobe and takes a particular liking to their old traveling coat. Muse A pulls the coat around themselves, bolstering their courage, they thrust their hands into the pockets and find something hard, smooth, and warm. Pulling the object out of the pocket, Muse A finds a stone, smooth as glass, black as pitch, and warm as a cup of fresh tea, in the shape of a hen's egg. When Muse A looked at it they heard a voice. Muse B is a Lidérc, a demonic familiar, that served the previous mage and fell dormant when they passed. It is now up to Muse A to make a contract with this demon and fulfill their role as successor to their parent's legacy.

Stranger in a Strange Land (Historical, Japan, Samurai, Sengoku Jidai)
As the great Japanese civil war reached its conclusion in 1600, a strange thing washed up on the shores of Japan. A wrecked Dutch trading vessel, with only 25 surviving crew of the original 461 still aboard. Ten more died within the week, another seven in transit to meet with Japanese officials. Seven more escaped detection and left Japan with outbound Dutch traders. This left only one, William Adams. He threw himself into court life, but he was not alone in this. A young woman, who would eventually become his second wife stood at his side. Little is known about her, other than she was extremely morally upstanding and capable. It can be up to interpretation what her occupation might have been, be that noblewoman, samurai, ninja, or any other present at the time. All that is certain is that she and William stood against the dangers of the time together.

Junkyard Dogs (Futuristic, Social Commentary, Action)
Humanity has since spread far beyond their old home on earth. Now so numerous, humans have populated many planets and moons within the solar system. The dominance of multiplanetary megacorporations, able to colonize new spheres with their massive resource chains, has resulted in a wide gap between the rich and poor. No matter where humans go, their iniquities come with them. Along with these humans also came their mountains of junk and mechanical waste. While the rich continue to consume and dispose of their products without any regard, the poor scrounge for their scraps amongst the waste. Huge swaths of land on the less desirable spheres are home to massive junkyards and shantytowns. The poor souls who live amongst these towns are looked down upon by the rich servants of the corporations. However, amongst the junk and rust, there is a resentment brewing, stewing, just below the surface.

Two Worlds Collide (Fantasy, Historical, Arranged Marriage, Romance)
Long ago, when the world was first created, two sentient races came to be and created civilization. These were the Humans and the Elves. In ancient times the two races would regularly go to war with one another out of fear of the unknown. Many great atrocities were committed by both sides and it was not until a council of great and wise leaders from both sides met and agreed to keep the two races separate for as long as they could.

Hundreds of years have passed since that agreement, the kingdoms of men rose and fell time and again. Their hunger for knowledge drove them ever onwards, science and invention outweighed magic and ancient wisdom. The human world looks different now, gone are the knights in shining armor. Armies are comprised of common infantrymen armed with one of humanity's new inventions, the rifle, against which armor is useless. Great iron rails crisscross the countryside, carrying great locomotives laden with people and goods. Cities are now sprawling stone and concrete regions unto themselves, and the smokestacks of factories scrape the sky and belch forth the scents of an age fueled by coal. This flies in the face of the beliefs of elvenkind, who maintain their connection and loyalty to the natural world. The elves have constructed their entire way of being around their harmony with the natural world.

In this new industrial age, humanity has expanded as never before, and now they have once again come into contact with the Elves. That ancient race which had diverged from humanity, living in harmony with nature, using magic and the wisdom of the ancients to attain greatness quite different from the humans'. Fearing a second clash, the rulers of the Elf and Human kingdoms decide to do something unprecedented. To diplomatically ally their countries to one another, they have decided that they will marry a prince of the Human Kingdom to a princess of the Elf Kingdom.

Hello there! I would be very interested in discussing some details for the ‘A New Lease on Life’ plot.

Hey Jean! I don't know if you remember me, but a few months ago, or maybe more, we had an RP going! I saw this thread and just remembered it, so if you're interested in picking that back up I'd be down! :closed eyes open smile:

Hey Jean! I don't know if you remember me, but a few months ago, or maybe more, we had an RP going! I saw this thread and just remembered it, so if you're interested in picking that back up I'd be down! :closed eyes open smile:
Now that I think about it there is something familiar about you. What RP was it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back