• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern It was never supposed to be this

Max frowned some and shook her head a bit "He must have me confused with someone else." She said quietly as she followed him to where he was staying

Carmen got up early the next morning and double checked her phone to make sure Jack hadn't called her with news then got up and got ready for the day, her only plan was to head down to the yard just outside of town and ask about riding. She missed it a lot.

Aaron shook his head some, "If he does anything let me know, he's usually pretty chill." He muttered and packed all the rest of his stuff before heading down with her to introduce her to everyone frowning as he saw the way Johnny was staring at her. Like he was in pain or something

Angel woke up in the morning and got ready quickly looking up what time the stables opened so he could take Lyla down there to see the horses.

Max waved at everyone and stayed quiet for the most part. She glabced around and found Johnny's gaze feeling her heart break as she saw the hurt in his eyes "Aaron, Im gonna head to bed." She whispered

“Just wait five minutes we’ll get in the cars and you can sleep in the Car” he promised her, kissing her cheek, finishing up his talk with everyone soon and getting everyone piled into the cars so they could move on to the next place.

Jack smiled when he got there and grinned at him. “Well if it isn’t Angel Reyes. When you coming back to work?” He asked him once his best friend arrived at the yard.

Max was thankful Johnny had gotten into the other car for the ride. She gave Aaron a small smile from the rearview mirror as he drove. She was happy to be with him and she just hoped she could make things work with Johnny

Angel chuckled some and gave him a bro hug "Soon man soon." He said looking over at Lyla "Little one wanted to see the horses. Hope thats not a problem." He said chuckling as Lyla gave him puppy dog eyes

Jack grinned and nodded. “Sure. Hey, Herbie is still doing good. Still in the same box if you wanna go see him. I’ll go show this little one her size ponies.” He told him and shooed angel off taking Lyla to where the little ponies were.

Carmen was stood in front of herbies stable admiring him and giving him a couple carrots she’d brought from home, stroking his face gently and smiling at the huge horse.

He didn’t say much until they got to the next safe house and he took her straight up to the room that was his, leading her inside before taking her straight to bed “This is ours.” He grinned kissing all over her face.

Max smiled happily kissing him gently "Im glad Im here with you." She said quietly cuddling into him more "I love you." She whispered for the first time biting her lip some as she looked at him

Angel walked over to Herbie and chuckled some "Well ain't this a coinsidence." He said leaning against the stable "Spoiling my boy huh?" He asked seeing the half eaten carrot in her hand

Carmen turned back and raised an eyebrow. “Oh god, you sure you’re not stalking me?” She muttered. “Your boy?! You ride?” She laughed out loud then smiled. “Sorry I just... I didn’t really imagine you would ever know how to ride.” She told him. There was starting to be tension between them and she wasn’t sure why but it wasn’t a bad tension and she wanted to push it, see where it went.

Aaron smiled and kissed her head. “Love you.” He mumbled and held her close to him as he started falling asleep, burying his face into the top of her head. “Get some rest. Show you round... in the morning.”

-6 months-
Max sat in the bathroom giving a heavy sigh as she placed makeup on her bruised face. She winced lightly thankful they were nearly gone and no one had noticed. Things had gotten extremely worse since she left. Aaron was not the man she thought him to be at all. He had become violent recently but his verbal abuse had been going on for months ever since they had nearly been caught by the cops a few months back.

Angel took a deep breath as he knocked on Carmen's door giving a small smile as she opened and handed her the roses he had bought for her "Hey beautiful." He said softly biting his lip softly as he took her in. Ever since the time at the stable he had started to see her in a different light and had developed feelings for her. Finally he had gotten up the courage to ask her out and here he was now 2 months into seeing her and acting like a lovesick teenager all over again.

Johnny knocked on the door needing to use the bathroom and sighed heavily leaning against the door frame until she opened it. “I’ll just be a minute.... he hit you again?” He asked her softly. He’d not had anywhere near as much time to speak to her as he would’ve liked but he’d managed to explain to her why he up and left originally. Why he had never told her to come with him the way Aaron had. He wanted her back home where she could live a normal life but at the same time he just wanted Aaron our the picture so he could have her again.

Carmen smiled wide as she put her earrings in. “Hey, mmm you’re look great just a moment.” She smiled pecking his cheek and rushed upstairs to get her jacket and bag so they could go out. She had fallen head over heels for angel once they eventually agreed to try it out and it helped that she cared about Lyla so much anyway but she’d quit her job at the school and was now working at the riding school full time instead, spending a lot more time with Angel. She was just over a year into her stay at this new town and finally she was starting to feel safe again as well so overall she was the happiest she’d ever been.

Max shook her head softly "He doesnt hit me." She muttered letting him go before she waited to finish up. She had heard his reasoning for leaving and it was just like him to say what he did. She hadn't told him about the baby and she didn't know if she ever would but she was happy to atleast be on talking terms with him. She hated talking to him for long periods of time though because it made her miss and want him more.

Angel smiled wide and took her hand in his kissing her temple gently "So Lyla is with my pops for the night. I was wanting to take you somewhere nice." He said happily as he opened the door to his car for her. He hadnt felt like this in such a long time but he was worried to tell Lyla about it, he didnt want her to think they were trying to replace her parents

Carmen smiled some and followed him out, locking her house up then got in the car. “Ooh... where we going?” She asked him smiling. “Oh and I got my room ready for when we get back. I tidied it this time.” She giggled and watched him once he got in the car as well. She had forgotten what it was to be treated well so she was certainly enjoying it.

“You forget. I’ve known him a very long time.... all his girlfriends.... every last one ended up battered.” He said to her as he walked out, grabbing her wrist to stop her walking away. “Look... if he.... if it gets bad, I’m down the hall.... my leader or not, I will beat him for touching you. You say the word.” He told her seriously. He still loved her the same way he had done most of his life. But this time he was restricted and he didn’t think she would ever want him back

Max looked at him with saddened eyes but gave a small nod "Okay Coco." She said quietly before hugging him tight letting his familiar scent put her at ease. She still cared for him deeply, she knew it was something that would never go away but she knew their time was over and their ship had sailed long ago.

Angel laughed at the memory of him tripping over things the first time he had gone into her room for some private time "Its a surprise." He said before pulling up to the horse stables. He was finally going to let her get on his horse and then take her for dinner as well. This was a huge deal for Angel due to the fact Herbie was his brother's at first before he had passed and afterwards Clayton had become very protective of him.

Carmen raised an eyebrow and looked over at him “you know, pre warning to let me know that I shoulda dressed for this.” She laughed and shook her head some but got out with him and followed him, holding his hand the whole time. “Ugh Claire is working the late shift tonight isn’t she? If she’s part of it I’m leaving.” She teased him.

He just nodded and squeezed her shoulder gently before heading downstairs and seeing Aaron on his computer getting jobs distributed. “Hey, when’s our next one?” He asked him. He always did the jobs with Aaron cause they both worked really well together.

Angel laughed loudly shaking his head "No. I can tell you Claire is not apart of this." He said before taking her to Herbie's stall and pulling out another gift for her. He hoped she liked the new riding boots he had gotten her.

Aaron frowned some as he kept his eyes on the screen "Mob wants us to hit a city official. Little intern thats threatening to rat." He muttered before looking back and catching Max scurrying into the kitchen "Thinkin about droppin that one. Thought she could handle this shit." He muttered. In actuality Max had been getting along fine, everyone seemed to like her, and she was good on what jobs she did. It was Aaron who was tired of her being arounf 24/7.

He frowned looking at him. “Aaron, you can’t keep picking girls off the street and playing with them til you’re bored. I’m not letting you bring another one in if you send her home.” He muttered. Part of him wanted her to go but another realised he would likely never see her ever again if she did leave.

Carmen smiled and kissed his cheek seeing he was racked up. “Oh I get to watch you ride? That’s the surprise?” She giggled and blushed deep seeing the box he was pushing towards her. She wasn’t good at receiving gifts but it didn’t mean she wasn’t grateful. “Angel.... are you serious?” She whispered looking back up at him.

Aaron frowned some shaking his head again "She knows too much about us." He muttered raising an eyebrow at the concern in his voice "Why do you all of a sudden care about what I do with my women?" He spat

Angel smiled widely and nodded handing her the reigns to Herbie "I thought you could have a go with him." He explained hoping she liked his surprise.

She grinned and kissed his cheek, putting herbies bridle on quickly and kissed his nose. “Oh we are gonna show your daddy what you can do.” She giggled and put her old boots on. “I need to wear them in before I can ride in them baby.” She murmured to angel and kissed his cheek again while she took herbie out to get on him in the indoor arena. “You getting on anything?” She asked him.

Johnny shook his head “Since I got tired of seeing you beat every one of them.” He spat at him and just walked off not in the mood for an argument.

Max tried to scurry back running into Johnny on the way "Im sorry...he told me not to leave the room." She said quietly

Angel chuckled and nodded getting another horse set up before he went to her "He was my brother's...haven't really trusted anyone else to take care of him." He explained giving her a sad smile at the thought of his brother

Carmen giggled and glanced over at him. “Oh no fair you got berry... we’re swapping half way.” She told him grinning while she let herbie stretch. “I know babe, I saw the photos in the office of your brother with him.... you ever thought about competing him yourself? He’d make a great working hunter.” She murmured as she admired every proportion on the horse, taking him for a faster ride.

Coco shook his head and just stared at her for a minute before walking off and heading out back for a cigarette. He had a hundred different things running through his head and not one of them was good which wasn’t helping his general day to day stress in the slightest.

Angel frowned at the thought of performing and shook his head quickly "No...no that was EZ's thing...I never had the knack for it." He muttered which was a lie. He was actually very very good at it but after an accident years ago he swore to never perform again.

Max stared out of the window in her room looking at Johnny as he smoked giving a heavy sigh glancing at the door as Aaron walked in "Hey babe.:

Carmen smiled at him. “Jack would happily compete him for you.... he’s got tjd build and with fittening.... he would be a force to be reckoned with.... did ez ever teach Lyla to ride?” She asked him quietly while she brought him back to walk and walked alongside angel, reaching over and poking his cheek just to be annoying, grinning at him.

Aaron frowned at her. “Babe... you wouldn’t wanna ever lie to me would you?” Be asked her softly and went to sit with her, pulling her into his arms tightly, kissing her head.

Angel gave a very soft laugh shaking his head some "I might think about it....um no he uh...he never got the chance." He said giving a small shrug "Im not sure if I should get her into lessons or not."

Max tensed ever so slightly as he pulled her into his arms "What are you talking about babe? Of course not, I havent lied to you." She said quietly

Carmen smiled at him and shrugged. “If she wants to let her... cause you say no now... change your mind down the line and she’s that much further behind the other kids her age. I grew up with it, no helmets no boots, short shorts, the works. We were free kids growing up.” She mumbled looking far away for a moment then back to him. “Go on, let’s swap, I never get to ride berry.” She murmured and hopped off herbie near the mounting block, holding onto him for angel just watching her man happily.

Aaron nodded. “So tell me this.... am remember I’ll know if you’re lying.... did you know Jonny before he came to our group?” He asked her, gripping her hips a little tighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back