• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern It was never supposed to be this

Carmen sighed a little as she stood waiting with the quietest young girl for someone to come and pick her up but Lyra had told her that her uncle was probably going to be late cause he always forgot to pick her up at the right time and now she was stuck there waiting with her. She needed to get home and get some grading done. By the time he finally arrived she was annoyed and stood there with her arms crossed watching him walk over.

Johnny lit a cigarette, leaning back against the building and looking around his old stomping grounds with fond memories. A world he had left behind a long time ago and the girl he missed mire than anything. But she’d had everything going for her and it had never been his place to tear her away from all of that.

Angel rolled up in a car rather than a bike and made his way to Lyla giving a heavy sigh "Hey....sorry about being late, got distracted." He murmured picking uo Lyla giving a small sigh as his niece's teacher just gave him an annoyed look. He never wanted this, he was not father material at all. Hell he barely knew the little girl, he had barely been around.

Max stood outside of the small diner she worked at taking in the fresh air at her break. She used to have it all when she was younger, college fund, loving family, but all she cared about was a boy. He had stolen her heart and when he left her without a word it broke her. Though finding out she was pregnant afterwards was what had caused her life to spiral out of control. Her family has disowned her, she used her college fund for medical bills and in the end she still gave the baby up.

Aaron got to her diner after she finished her shift and smiled some, kissing her softly. “Hey there beautiful... sorry I did t get back in time last night. Had some stuff to deal with.... thought maybe we could go out tonight?” He asked her. He’d been seeing this girl for a couple months now and every time they rolled back through this town he spent more and more time with her.

Carmen frowned some. “Mr. Reyes. There is a school pick up tome for a reason, if that doesn’t work for your schedule. There are school clubs. But Im not a baby sitter” she told him frowning. He was late nearly every day and this was the first time she’d had to do anything about it.

Max gave a smile and nodded some "Yeah sounds good." She said softly to him. She had met Aaron at a bar after a night with some friends and had been smitten with him since. She didn't fully know if he felt the same but she knew he must have some feelings if he kept coming back to her.

Angel sighed heavily and gave a nod to her "Yeah...I'll fix it." He muttered a bit harshly to her before he turned around to take Lyla to the car "You have a good day at school?" He asked trying to get the little girl to talk to him. Some days were better than others but ever since her parents died she had not wanted to do anything.

Lyla frowned some looking up at her uncle and held onto him tightly for the first time, nodding at him. “Can we get McDonald’s?” She asked him shyly while they made their way to his car. He was her dads brother but she had never known him much until the accident.

He smiled and nodded, picking her up and taking her to his car grinning at her. “I need to talk to you. Later tonight... something real important alright?” He murmured as he smiled at her. Setting her on the ground again.

Max gave a smile and nodded softly "Alright." She said gently kissing his cheek gently "I'll see you after my shift." She murmured before making her way back tp her job

Angel nodded some and placed her in the car "Yeah we can do that." He said quietly to her as he got her buckled up "Whatcha want from there?" He asked while he started up the car and got himself buckled up as well.

He groaned a bit but let her go and went to occupy his time until she was finished and he came back to collect her.

Lyla shrugged. “Chicken nugget happy meal... cause they make you happy.” She mumbled. “That’s what daddy always say, he like happy meals too.” She told him.

Angel chuckled some and smiled a bit "He liked them so much because our mom used to get them for him everytime he got upset. Plus the cool prizes." He said with hiz smile slowly fading at the memories.

Max rode with him to a small restaurant and gave a small smile "So what is it you wanted to talk to me about?" She asked as she held his hand across the table.

She just stared out the window while he drove and bounced in her seat a little as they arrived, getting out quickly and going to the restroom straight away.

Carmen was there as well having taken a shortcut and picking herself up some dinner, looking over and seeing angel there frowning some but not saying anything for a minute.

He sighed heavily and frowned. “This is... not easy... max ive fallen hard for you. But I can’t stay here... I want you to come with me and my family.... get out of here, I can’t promise you an easy way of things. But I can promise it’s never dull.... that I will always be there with you and that you’ll always be okay, I will always take care of you... but I want you.... and I don’t want to leave without you.” He mumbled

Max frowned softly biting her lip hard "Aaron...I can't up and leave, I have bills and a job...I can't just stop paying my rent..I'd love to stay with you, but its not that simple." She saif taking a deep breath

Angel waited and waited for her to come out of the bathroom but soon got worried. He looked around and noticed Carmen biting his lip hard as he walked over to her "Hey.." he said quietly

He frowned some and shook his head. “But it is. We go off grid babe. No more bills no more rent no more 9 to 5.... freedom. All the time.... all you gotta do is come with me.” He murmured to her gently and Smiled. He could be incredibly persuasive when he wanted to be.

“Hi.. can I help you?” She asked him. Every time she’d seen him he’d been rude to her since Lyla had come back to school so him approaching her outside of that didn’t exactly fill her with excitement.

Max bit her lip hard and sighed softly "You mean disappear? What if someone looks for me?" She asked giving his hand a squeeze.

Angel rubbed the back of his neck and sighed some "Look I'm sorry alright...still tryin to learn this shit but Lyla went to restroom a bit ago and I can't really go looking for her in there...I was wondering if you could go in?"

He shook his head. “They will never find us.... promise.” He murmured and smiled at her. “We leave tonight, after that there would be no coming back here for me for at least a year.” He explained.

Carmen frowned shaking her head some and muttering about job hours, heading into the bathrooms to check on Lyla, finding her trying to reach the sinks, greeting her and giving her a hand then went back out with her. “Here. She couldn’t wash her hands.” She muttered going to another line and sighed heavily.

Max nodded softly biting her lip again "Okay.." she said finally after a long period of silence "As long as I got you." Shs said sweetly giving his hand a kiss. She loved him, she knew it, but she had no clue what she was getting herself into

Angel looked at Lyla and gave a heavy sigh picking her up and getting in line "So chicken nugget happy meal huh? You want some milk to drink?" He asked trying to know exactly what she liked

He nodded and kissed her hand gently then ate with her. They headed to her apartment and packed up her essentials in a couple bags before he finally left with her to take her to his group for the first time.

She nodded and held onto his hand “Miss Ramirez is really nice.” She told him, seeing her in the other line now and waving at her.

Max bit her lip hard as they arrived at the run down house in the not so nice part of town "You sure this is okay? They won't get mad?" She asked softly

Angel gave a small grin at how cute she was being glancing over and seeing that her teacher was waving back sweetly "Well I'm glad you like her."

He nodded and kissed her head, "Promise, already told them I'd be bringing you back if you agreed to it." HE mumbled. He hadn't told anybody her name though so when they walked in and the first person in the house that they saw was Coco he didn't understand why Max froze in the kitchen doorway.

She nodded and reached to be picked up by him not liking standing by herself so much and her Dad would pick her up all the time. "You're a lot taller than Daddy... but he was bigger." She frowned looking at him confused

Max nodded softly and walked in with him. However as soon as she saw Johnny in the kitchen she froze feeling her stomach drop and panic set in. It had been 10 years since she had lost seen him and it was like she was seeing a ghost.

Clayton picked her up and chuckled some "Yeah your daddy had a lot more muscle." He murmured before ordering their food and taking her to sit somewhere

Johnny frowned looking over as he heard footsteps, nodding to Aaron then looked towards the girl he was bringing in and almost dropped his plate on the floor, "Is this a fucking joke?" He muttered glaring back at Aaron again then to Max. He hadn't seen her in a long ass time but he knew who that was.

She nodded and ate her food with him until it was time to go home and Carmen was still sat there doing some marking, glancing over and watching them leave sighing some. She knew the situation but it didn't mean he got to be excused from the way he spoke to her

Max took Aaron's hand and took a deep breath "Come on babe, show me around." She said quietly trying to ignore the man who had stolen her heart when she was 18 years old.

Angel took Lyla home and gave a heavy sigh "You got any homework?" He asked as he plopped down onto the couch relaxing the best he could.

Johnny shook his head "No. First off don't pretend I'm not fucking here! Second off, Aaron fucking get her out of here! She's not coming with us!" He yelled at him, glaring at him. If he had known it was Max then he never would have put his vote in as yes she could join.

She nodded and got her math homework out to get it done while they watched tv, "Uncle Angel can we go see the horses again tomorrow?" She asked him

Aaron frowned and pushed Johnny back glaring at him "You vote yes so she stays. Get the fuck over it!" He yelled pulling Max close to him and taking her out of the room

Max stayed behind Aaron and shook her head some looking at Johnny with pleading eyes not wanting Aaron to know about thier past.

Angel nodded some giving a small smile "Yeah we can do that. I don't mind." He murmured ruffling her hair some

He glared at him, "Hey! Do not kick me out of this conversation!" He snapped at Aaron and just stared after Max shocked.

"You know him or something?" He muttered to Max as he took her up to where he still needed to pack all of his stuff.

She nodded and got up when it was time for bed, heading up there with him and having to get herself tucked into bed sighing a little eventually seeing him come turn the lights out and she went to sleep

Users who are viewing this thread

Back