• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Sootspire Village] The Moonlight Huntress versus The Vagabond Hound

Orikanyo

Do you hear it? The screams of Gacha salt?
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
In a non-disclosed town beset by evil,
Two warriors shall clash blades,
Under the shining moonlight,
One shall be the victor,
The other shall...
HD-wallpaper-akatsuki-scenery-red-anime-blood-moon-blood-moon-red-moon.jpg
Nox Bloodraven belongs to Uasal Uasal
Ko Matatsu belongs to Orikanyo Orikanyo

A lone figure stood in the dark streets, with nary a sign of fear as he treads along the road. Perhaps, it is due to his own gear that he finds solace during this dangerous and deceitful darkness. The man walked with his head held high, straw hat shadowing his face from the red rays of moonlight as they traced his steps with shadow.

He was a killer, a swordsman and what other reason would he be walking during this dreadful night than to do the deeds men would never in the light?

Well... To answer that question we must go a few minutes earlier...

~Wooshy flashback noises~

210_Okada Izou_4 (1).png
Ko Matatsu, a dog featured young man sitting in a rather sobbing mayor's office sipped on the luke warm tea he was offered, he, honestly, wouldn't give these people the time of day but when he saw the old man running up to him and starting to beg for help he... Really couldn't turn him down... Largely because he wouldn't stop begging and grabbing his pants... He just got these clothes from the Tengu people Yukan worked with. After his last set he sacrificed to save Paru, who was as thankful as a cat can be he guessed, from a spray of parasite infested blood from that weird hill toad... He started to like these new digs.

What he didn't like, was the piss poor tea this old man gave him... But the dumplings the old man's wife made did save the meal.. So...

"Alright FINE!! I'll hunt down this monster thats terrorizing you so... Whats it even look like?"

The old man's waterworks seem to shut off almost suspiciously quickly, as he produced a drawing of a...

Of a...

Okay it looked like a monster, in... terms that if you asked what a monster looked like to a six year old who then explained in no uncertain terms "Big, Hairy, a mouth full of teeth and scary." Ko was unsure about it.. But taking the picture in hand he had essentially agreed to look after the town... For one night at least... This was likely just a damn scam or just kids playing around.

Whats the worst that could happen?

~Flashback ending noises~

74265491_p0.png

"...Could this moon be any creepier? Seriously..." the dog man looked up to the scarlet glowing moon in the sky... "Maybe it's magic... is there a... sorcerer of some sort doing it...? Maybe thats why people are so spooked..." the lone dog stared up, bringing up his straw hat to peer into the radiant moonlight... "...or maybe I'm gonna actually find a monster tonight and have to whet my blade... Tsk.. Damn moon has me talking like this...

I'm Damn bored! Why wont this monster just show up already." he growled, looking more like a bored punk dressed up as a shinigami or something. He walked down the road and began to cross a bridge, aiming to look around in another part of the town... the town almsot echoed with how quiet it was, doors closed, windows shuttered, and only the brave or forgetful dared to keep lights on in the night.. the shadows grew long in this part of the night, and as the wind began to blow it's silent whispers began to rustle through the storefronts and abandoned streets, bringing promise of change as it danced amongst wind chimes and shutters.

Perhaps.. something shall cure this man's boredom soon...?

Last edited by a moderator:
1690948053908.png

As Ko crossed the bridge off in the distance a large figure would suddenly burst out from the treeline. The figure in question would soon be illuminated by the odd moon and reveal itself to be some sort of serpentine monster, one that just so happened to match the young boy's description. Perhaps it was a stroke of good luck, instead of searching for the beast it had instead shown itself, but why? Why had it burst out of the tree line so quickly? Why were its movements so panicky? Something here wasn't right.

Slithering along quickly, the monster was hastily retreating from something. Its intent to do so very clear even to the untrained eye given its blatant disregard for the town and its people. But with the beast moving out and into the open more and more so with each move, more of its features would become clear. Most notably, the fact it was bleeding profusely. Blood seemed to flow uncontrollably from what could only be a fresh sword wound just below the creature's neck. A wound that, if left untreated, would certainly spell its demise.

Though that would never come to pass and the question surrounding why the beast was fleeing and who had wounded it soon came to a close.

1690947953457.png
Nox Bloodraven

Hot in pursuit of the beast, Nox would soon burst out of the same treeline, eyes glowing a deep crimson much like the moon. Her focus razor sharp and unwavering. What Ko was about to witness was nothing like a typical subjugation of some nuisance of a monster. No, it was something more. It was animalistic, like watching a wolf hunt down a fleeing doe. Beautiful, but brutal.

Drawing her blade Nox would quickly dash forward and close the gap between her and the monster. Sensing its end was close, the beast would turn, like a cornered rat, and attempt to strike out in one last hurrah. But it was too late. With but seemingly a flick of the wrist, Nox had beheaded the beast, and the soft thud of its decapitated cranium hitting the grass signaling the end of the battle.

Standing over the beast's corpse, Nox would move to sheath her blade. Illuminated by the crimson moon her white coat had been somewhat died red by her mark's demise. Gazing down at the disgusting beast, Nox would sigh softly to herself. "Not fast enough. I need to be faster... tsk". Reaching down to the beast's head, Nox would grip it firmly before bringing it to her eye level. A strange action one might think but nothing compared to her next.

Raising the head further into the air still, Nox would open her mouth and start to drink the blood that dripped from where she had severed it. Needless to say, her nature as a vampire was on full display. Backlit by the crimson moon, eyes a crimson glow and skin as pale as milk, Nox drank quietly from the prey she had hunted down and slaughtered.
Orikanyo Orikanyo

Ko Matatsu

The canid man watched this display with great interest. This was a hunter, a predator, in their element. The ragged breathing of the beast, the blood trails from the treeline to it's final resting place. Yes this was the work of a hunter of monsters. Well trained in harrying her prey this one showed clear effort and training in regards to their swordplay and tactics. The only other thing Ko could say about it came in a quick burst of breath upon the woman's deep drink into the monsters horrid ichor.

"...Normally people cook their food before eatting it yea know right?" He stated with a risen eyebrow, standing abit off from the scene, still at the ready for the moment to change into a dangerous one. He could feel the hunger from her, a beast that needs its fill... He should tread carefully...

Though he really had no clue what she was, he had a few guesses... Most of them dealing with blood drinking. Maybe she was a transformed vampite bat kin? Maybe she WAS a vampire? Maybe she was just freaky like that? The latter was unlikely since monster blood was, in several ways, inpalatable despite people's best efforts. His mind crossed to the hill toad that he fought awhile ago, the parasites swimming in it's body...

"...Well shit yea stole my hunt." He unraveled the picture and compared the two sights, he proceded to toss the paper over his shoulder either way. "That thing was gonna get me my dinner tomorrow. What're yea gonna do about that now...?" He huffed, planting a hand upon the handle of his waist laid sword... He... Noticed something...

"...You got a warrior's spirit... Tell me, what is a sword to you bloodrinker."

~'Nox'~

1691107735078.png
Nox was caught off guard when Ko called out to her so suddenly. Having been so caught up and focused upon her prey she hadn't been careful enough to check her surroundings before partaking in her meal. Tossing the head aside, Nox licked her lips before wiping what might remain from her face. How embarrassing, to be caught partaking in such savagery, as though the act itself wasn't punishment enough.

Glancing toward the man and then back to the beast Nox would think on the subject raised for but a moment before responding. Her red hues returned to the dogkin and, more importantly, the blades upon his hip. "To say I stole your pray is quite cynical. This beast approached me and my companions as we traveled, as such I disposed of it." Kicking the beasts body so as to overturn it, Nox continued "Not only that but aside from those wounds I inflicted upon the beast no others are present. You may have been 'looking' for the beast but make no mistake. This kill was not stolen, you were simply too late."

Turning her gaze back to the tree line Nox would begin to make off back toward where she had come "I am done here. You may claim the beast as your own kill should it appease you. I have no further need of it's corpse."

Though after but a mere four steps the man's words would cause her to stop in silent contemplation "A sword?". What an odd thing to ask. A sword was a sword? Nox had been in this world just nearly a month now and she had already seen and had to deal with many a strange beast and occurance but this question. It was the oddest of all. Like a quote from some old-timey martial arts comic. What was she supposed to say? 'A sword to me means honor, and like honor, a man cannot truly live without it by his side.' how cringe. No, she couldn't possibly say such a thing. Was there any other quote she could remember that was any less embarrassing to say aloud? Not really but one did come to mind. "An answer.".

Would such a cryptic answer be enough for the man? "Well, anyway. I should get back to my companions, there's still quite some distance we must travel before making camp. I don't wish to worry them".
Orikanyo Orikanyo

Ko Matatsu

"i could care less about any reward I was simply bored out of my mind! And dinner was promised, but guess since it'd dead it doesn't matter. Dead is dead after all... As for your answer..." the man cocked his head thinking on it. "It is indeed. But thats also something my fellows said to my master, when he asked the question to all of us. We're on a journey, to figure out what the true nature of a sword is.."

He stepped forwards once, eyes narrowing...

"And fighting to find out truths. I received many answer thus far... truth, lie, disease, a murderer's tool, a simple tool, an answer... A sharpened metal stick." he smirked with the last answer, before tossing back the straw hat, revealing perky little fuzzy canine ears and his face in full.

0f20385a657e1da82ebe751212723f15.jpg

"And an answer has to be the one to piss me off the MOST! I'm trying ta talk to yea all cool-like cause yer gorgeous but yer certainly ain't making this easy on me!" the man yapped like an angry.... Well... Dog. "A man can't get all philosophical if his peers couldn't give too much of a rat's arse about-" the young man paused in the middle of his groaning to meet the eyes of somebody who had just opened to go outside, who sort of just raised a hand and went back in, not wanting any part of this.

"tsk." the man huffed, the hand on his sword went up to his neck, rubbing it as he gave it a crack with a turn. "Whatever! I'll put it simply... I want a duel Raven locks! I can see your warrior's spirit, though its got me seeing double..." Strange... two...? Why two..? he wanted to learn, he wanted to feel it in the heat. To see that truth between slashes of the blade!! The man's hand went back to his blade, running a finger down the hilt as if he were teasing a lover, he knew she was watching him carefully now. He felt the hairs on the back of his neck raised, hsi heart beat was raised...

His tail was WAGGING like CRAZY!!!

"I want to see those beautiful eyes of your try and find a path to my neck. So!? Whatchyea thinkin? Do I gotta go back bored?"

~'Nox'~

1691220495220.jpeg
Nox shook her head in response to the man's one-sided dialogue, not completely sure how to proceed with the whole ordeal that had begun to unfold. First of all, the last thing she wanted to do was duel some weirdo wandering about in the depths of the night. Who does that? Who just, ya know? Goes around looking for fights in the middle of the night. Weirdos that's who! Definitly. Without a doubt. His wagging tail would not deceive her, unlike a certain other woman!

Seeing the man's hand fall to his hilt, Nox immediately went on guard, her own hand finding it's way to her own. This man was dangerous. Creepy and dangerous... wait was he molesting his sword hilt? Gross! What the heck! Of all the people to run into, it had to be this guy! Seeing no other way of leaving without the possibility of a sudden strike to the back, Nox decided it best to take him up on his offer of a duel. Begrudgingly but affirmatively.

"Very well. I'll take you up on your offer. However, since you have opted to offer me the challenge. I shall be deciding the terms of this bout.".

Drawing her blade slowly, Nox would raise her blade into the air and issue her challenge. "We will clash our blades in an attempt to knock the other unconscious. We will repeat this until the desired result is met, lethal blows are forbidden. When you are ready come at me with all you've got. Let our blades do the rest. I am Nox Bloodraven, and I accept your duel.".
Orikanyo Orikanyo

Ko Matatsu
images (7).jpeg

"Good, good! Yea finally get it! Though yea lookin' at me wierd; yea finally finding that warrior spirit in yea... Though..." he cocks his head lightly. "Hmm..." he considers her form, eyeing her arms and sword... "You certain you want to give me the first strike? Better tighten up your defences." The man pawed a singular sword... then... reconsidered...

He could plainly see her equipment, his twin swords would be too much... He wanted a proper fight with her, he needed to appraise her skill the hard way. He knew he could overpower her but he wanted the gear he used on her level. He had something...

Why not.

Make it a show.

Grasping upon his back he ignored the two swords at his sides, higher grade as they are, but he liked this one the most. Shifting the cord keeping it there he hel it horizontal, and drew it with a slow draw, lightning sparking off the enchanted mithril within!

"My name is Ko Matatsu, disciple of Kishi Hongen the Great Tengu swordsmaster.

Let us have a good match!" And with the sword of ringing metal he approached delivering the first strike!!

• Sword of Descernment, Weapon Mastery F, Continueing (Bleed) F, Blight F (Razor sharp), Contact F, Penetrating F, Accurate F, Nonlethal, a practiced strike of the blade, from whence the rest come. Grade F, Action 1
The downward strike came with moderate force, but not his full strength, he was testing his foe.

[Effectiveness grade 6 (D+E+F)]

~'Nox'~

1691376004912.jpeg
With a swift and purposeful step, Nox advances, her eyes fiercely locked onto her target. Her movements are fluid and graceful, a mesmerizing dance of deadly precision. With each step, she closes the distance between herself and her opponent, closing in with the intensity of a storm about to break.

As she nears her foe, she channels her focus, her energy converging into her core, preparing for the decisive moment. Her grip on the hilt of the blade is firm and unwavering, the cold steel an extension of her very being. The blade glints in the moonlight, reflecting the determination in her eyes. In a blink of an eye, she raises the blade high above her head, the momentum building as she readies for her attack. Her body tenses with power, and a surge of adrenaline courses through her veins. Time seems to slow, the world pausing for just a fraction of a second as she brings her blade down.

With a resounding cry, she unleashes the full force of her strike, the blade slicing through the air with lightning speed. The ferocity of her attack is matched only by her precision, as she aims for her opponent's weak point with unwavering accuracy. The sound of steel meeting Mythril echoes through the battlefield, a testament to her skill and strength. Skill and strength Ko had made the terrible error of underestimating.

The moment her blade connects, there is an explosion of power, her strike eventually winning out and finding its mark. The liver. Though, just before her blade would land true, Nox would swiftly turn it in her hand so as to strike with the blunt edge.
Orikanyo Orikanyo

Actions: 1/3
1. [Piercing Moonlight] F vs Ko as a counter attack.
  • [Piercing Moonlight] - F - [Non-Lethal] [Accurate], [Multidimensional] [Penetrating] [Blight = Holy Ice] [Hot Shot] [Targeted - Ko Matatsu]- Raising her blade for a single blinding slash, Nox commits to an attack on her target with the sole intention of Piercing their very being. 0 Post cooldown/1 Action
[Moonblade Sword] E + Strength D + [Piercing Moonlight] F = 6 Combat Effectiveness. x2 from Targeted = 12 Combat Effectiveness.

Ko matatsu
ff1e9c7e67ebb4114bb06a3d8d6f4f91.jpg

"Ha! A simple technique I'll break thro-" ...That... will! That power... She didn't seem the strongest but her body.. the muscle beneath... Coming together magnificently.. her eyes narrowing to keen points, her blade dancing gracefully towards him... Ah... he sees it... The blade is like a shard of moonlight it'self, a beautiful shining shard that was currently coming towards him at breakneck speeds!

...Maybe he shouldn't have tested her and gone all out to being with?

Oh well-

"HYURRRK! AAAH.... Owww... Owwie... I... Ugh..." he bent over quick, already feeling the welt upon his side welt up. "Grr... Oww..." he backed off, holding his side... he glanced to it, to his side.. then...

"I-I... I misjudged you..." he spat out, he was panting heavily, looking to be in incredible pain!! "Foolish... DAMN IT!" he stepped back twice more, before pointing a hand up in indignant anger!

"I'll get you back for this next time!! Just you wait! NEXT TIME I wont be going easy on you!! You hear me! With your... Your...

GRACE AND BEAUTIFUL FACE!!"

And with a final yell, the dog man ran off with his tail between his legs... having failed, this time...

(Hp=Spd 6-6=0 and in danger Non-lethal nonetheless still standing)

And once again, Nox was alone in the night... left to her prey... And the dust kicked up by a canine man yelping away into the moonlight...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back