• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Ravenswood Village] The Missing Brewer

Novama

Elder Member
Mentions: Elvario Elvario SoftSmile SoftSmile Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia
OOC: We will be keep a 2 day post frequency per round. Means ill make an attempt to post at this time in 48hrs and skip any not yet posted. Ask any and all questions. At present it is a free for all as far as who posts when so long as it is done within the post period. First round may be stretched a bit as folks sort out what they are doing and how they are coming in. Out of combat, action economy will be ignored, but be mindful to play within character limits otherwise. Some abilities are better for ignoring cooldowns than others. I repeat: ask any and all questions. Multiple posts per round are possible and acceptable when not waiting on something from the world (me). Do not wait on others to post unless you have directly told them you are waiting on them and they have told you they will post. Anyone getting skipped is no one's fault but their own.
Time: 6:00pm
Weather: cool temperatures, slight breeze moves through town, still a couple hours of sunlight left
Cooldown:
TLDR:
Post Listening:

Ravenswood Village - The Tipsy Raven Tavern

6a5d408c017fb156c212252443ce80d99a93e233_2000x2000.webp

This Chapter of Isekai Hell, Ryker, Mao, and Zahrah find themselves in the Tipsy Raven Tavern for whatever reasons suit them that evening. The tavern was a cozy place with hearty food and warmth to offer against the chill outside. The supper crowd was in and there was much talk and some music softly playing the in the background. Smells of roasted meat and fresh baked bread filled the air that could make mouths water. It did not take long to note what was off about the place: no booze. No one was drinking any alcohol. The tavernkeeper wasn't filling any mugs with ale. The typical mirth that might be found in a crowded tavern was noticeably subdued after that realization. There was a palpable anxiousness in the air and a growing restlessness. A few voiced complaint about the lack of proper drink and the tavernkeeper always replied the same,

"As soon as Bofar gets back,"

Turned out a male dwarf named Bofar Ironfist was the village brewer and supplier of drink to the tavern and other villagers. He hadn't been seen in a while. Whether asked directly or approached by the Tavernkeeper, each of the party would be noted for their standoutish natures and would get the truth out of the tavernkeeper whether they wanted it or not: something must have happened to Bofar and the tavern keeper needs the help of the characters to get him back. The village was too small and poor to properly petition the adventurers guild. The innkeeper didn't have any proof of wrongdoing neither, so taking the matter to the village chief or local lord was pointless. On a hunch and with the offer of eating and drinking free for a year, the tavernkeeper requests that you 3 (and whoever else) work together to bring back to brewer. As a show of good will, the tavernkeeper would ensure all those that took up the job would eat well and have a place to stay that night even if the drinks were limited to water or milk.

1680407883604.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Māo made her way through the town, completely used to the odd glances she’d get every so often. She took a large swig from her ‘flask’, if it could be described as that. It was more like a small gourd attached to her waist more than anything. She was barely tipsy and she needed to remedy that immediately without exhausting her emergency drink.

Walking into the tavern, she could immediately tell something was off. The lively atmosphere that you would expect from a bunch of drunks was seemingly absent. It wasn’t exactly dead, but there was a severe lack of cheering and jeering men that would occasionally arm wrestle. Man, that was one of her favorite parts of a tavern.

‘Must not be that lively of a town.’ She thought as she sat down at the bar, taking another swig from her flask as she waited for the tavern keeper to finish talking to someone.

“Hey cutie!” She called. “One of your strongest drinks please. Ale, wine or piss, I’m not exactly picky.”

Māo was extremely upset to learn that they were not serving any alcohol until this ‘Bofar’ got back. Her claws scratched up the wood of the bar as she tried to keep her composure. Her tail was held straight, stiff as a board as her ears twitched incessantly.

He suggested that she help find Bofar, to which she was about to get up and find somewhere else to go before she was tempted by the rewards of this mission. “Free drinks for a year? Ooh, you are playing with fire.”

The tavern keeper had no idea the mistake he just made. If she managed to find this Bofar, she would almost certainly drink this tavern out of house and home.

“Alrighty!” She got up, stretching, allowing her body to relax once more. Her bell chimed around her neck as she moved. “I’ll find him in a jiffy, and I expect you to keep your word.” She warned a bit scarily before smiling. “Of course you will, cutie! You look like a man of your word.” She said in a sultry tone, grazing one of her manicured claws across the man’s beard.

The feline then turned to her new party that would be assisting her in her noble quest. She took three large gulps from her flask, wiping her mouth afterwards before even acknowledging them properly. “So, sweetums, what’s the game plan?”

Zahrah Fiore
Mentions: Zuì Dàmāo SoftSmile SoftSmile | Novama Novama

With the legal pursuit of happiness behind them, they needed a break. After all, it was all such complex stuff that it made their head hurt. Which was quite a thing, as their head was made out of nothing other than cotton, so you'd think it couldn't hurt like it did at the end of that endeavour. So peculiar! Then again, they weren't sure what to do for a break. So they just started travelling again, as they figured they'd head to the north-east again! After all, perhaps they should visit the beasties up north~ The cat they'd met there had been a pretty fun gal, after all.

That was their plan, until they heard that 'making merry' was a thing. That sounded fun! Thus, they found themselves heading for a tavern. As they were observing the happiness inducing effect of 'making merry' in this tavern, however, they were quick to realise there was a peculiar factor that was messing with their important research. There was no booze! How horrible, terrible and unscientific! After, booze was said to be a vital component regarding the happiness-inducing effects of making merry in a place like this. So how could this be?

Their research would be totally flawed at this rate! It was absolutely terrible. They simply had to do something about this. Upon learning that the tavern owner was requesting them to bring back the brewer, they immediately agreed. “Of course, of course! It will be my pleasure. The presence of booze will be vital for my research into the happiness-inducing effects of making merry! I simply cannot allow this investigation to continue without proper fundamentals! No, no, I shall find this booze-maker!” They declared towards the entire tavern loudly and proudly, pointing a finger up into the air!

It didn't take them long to get distracted, however, namely by the person who'd join them in this quest. “Woooahhhh!” They'd state in surprise upon getting a good look at the person (Mão) addressing them. “So this is what they call exhibitionism!” They immediately concluded. “Yes, yes, I've heard a lot about it! It's quite the peculiar way of obtaining happiness, with the side-effect of bringing certain types of happiness to those observant and approving of the behaviour, yet in turn diminishing the happiness of those that disapprove! I've been wondering about seeing it in action for a while now, but I know that many would deem it 'not appropriate', so it's a tough subject to study! Yet to see someone so brazenly displaying so much skin! It's excellent! How brave and daring of you ma'am, yes, yes! Then again, I can clearly see why you don't feel embarrassed to display so much~ Yes, yes, good sights to behold. By my knowledge, that's a figure that'd pass well, yes, yes! However, however, I simply must ask, do you not get cold like that? Or is the unhappiness stemming from feeling cold outweighed by the happiness you obtain from being able to display so much of yourself to others? Or, or, perhaps, would you say that this is more for the viewing pleasure of others than for your own desires? Or is it a mixture of both? Yes, yes, please, I'm very curious!” They rambled on, using [Smooth Talker A] while at it and really driving home some of the lines that could be perceived as compliments whilst thoroughly studying (and Appraising) the girl.

Smooth Talker – Character Grade A, Appraisal A, Empathy B, Insight B, Performance [Acting] F, Persuasion B, Seduction B, Languages [Common, Terran, Beastial, Sylvan, Monster, Analog] – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking and acting in an attempt to make others act according to their will. Character speaks to them in whichever (of the main) languages they are most comfortable with. - Grade A – 5 Post Cooldown

Ryker
Interactions: Novama Novama SoftSmile SoftSmile Elvario Elvario

The evening had been as unproductive as the last. Ryker had once again made no visible progress in his quest for power. Now he was sat in the corner of a tavern with little else to do but brood over his lack of strength. They weren't serving ale so he had no way to drown his sorrows. Having little in the way of money meant Ryker had no way of paying for anything more than this basic spread. He was destitute, plain and simple. He'd lived his life by the sword and now lacked the means to pursue anything else. Luckily the tavern keeper seemed to sympathize with his plight. Ryker had been offered a job to fetch a Dwarf who was responsible for supplying this establishment with alcohol. The circumstances around his disappearance made it likely some other element was at play. Ryker agreed to join, having no real reason to say no. Tying his katana to the back of his waist. The swordsman left to go meet with the other two individuals who had been assigned to this task. While Ryker was loath to work with anyone else. A years worth of food and drink would deduct heavily from his living expenses.

The cat annoyed him with her overly positive attitude. Flaunting her flesh like an exotic dancer even though she looked like a stray. Whereas the pink one wouldn't stop talking despite passing the point where it would have made more sense to stop to breathe. Ryker was tempted to just leave the two of them to their conversation. Such frivolities did not benefit him or his goals in the slightest. However he did not underestimate them for even a moment. Unpleasant people are still people. People are by far the most dangerous when you don't pay enough attention. "Our plan should be thus. The pink one will handle negotiations with the locals, the more aggressive ones shall have the cat tempt them with her flesh. I shall handle the... rougher individuals" uttered Ryker after holding up a hand. The pink ones cheerful attitude would work best with regular locals. Whereas the cats flirting would be better suited to wrangling the egos of the more irritable ones. Ryker lacked persuasive ability. Instead he would simply turn his blade on the local ruffians for what he wanted.

Zahrah Fiore
Mentions: Ryker Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia | Novama Novama

Before they could full and well get an answer from the cat, some random guy walked up to them and just stated a 'plan' out of thin air. They were genuinely surprised. “Woah~ That's cool! We haven't even told each-other our names yet, or told each-other of our jobs and talents and you're already assuming you're the team leader and can strategise an amazing plan based on looks alone, that's some amazingly epic confidence that you got there, sir~” They spoke, whilst their words might sound sarcastic, their [Smooth Talker A] only suggested they were genuinely impressed with not a shred of insult or irony in there.

In fact, they nodded. “I'm Zahrah Fiore, by the way, researcher of happiness~ I'm also a Mile High Club of Happiness Member! Oh, oh, and I'm a totally licenced [Convict Converter] as well! Do the appraisal thing on me and you might see it, it's great!” They stated proudly. “Oh, I should do that on you as well, let my magic eyes reveal all your secrets~” They said, leaning to use Appraisal A on Ryker. “Ohoho, what in the world is a Nephilim then? Sounds otherworldly and cool~”

They suddenly remembered what they were doing here. “Oh, right, the plan! I'm totally on board with talking to folk~ That's what I do best, after all! I can even talk to the aggressive ones, you know! I'm fairly sturdy, should I need to be~ However, I'm confused. How would the miss tempt them with her flesh? I'm fairly sure she's not a butcher and that she doesn't have any meat for sale!” Yes. For someone knowing about exhibitionism, they hadn't entirely made the connection of 'tempting flesh' yet, somehow. That's the type of weird stuff you get when you're [Simple] and have a brain made out of cotton. Some brilliant stuff mixed in with a whole lot of nonsense and illogical conclusions.

[Mile High Club of Happiness Member] - Character was able to bring happiness over a mile into the sky. Truly an achievement for the happiness society. The title alone has the power to bring smiles to all who hear of it. They may not even know why they smile.

[Convict Converter] - Character is able to turn even even the lousiest bandits or criminals into hard-working folk.

[Simple] - Character is frequently underestimated with low expectations placed upon them. Has an easier time impressing others on the occasion they manage to say or do something exceptional.

Smooth Talker – Character Grade A, Appraisal A, Empathy B, Insight B, Performance [Acting] F, Persuasion B, Seduction B, Languages [Common, Terran, Beastial, Sylvan, Monster, Analog] – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking and acting in an attempt to make others act according to their will. Character speaks to them in whichever (of the main) languages they are most comfortable with. - Grade A – 5 Post Cooldown

“You. Are. Adorable. Ugh. I love your pretty pink hair. I could just die.” Māo was simply delighted to make their acquaintance, and was absolutely smitten as the construct continued talking.

“Oh, stop it, you flatter me.” Māo found great pleasure in the golem’s ideas about exhibitionism. She really made it sound so snazzy. She mostly kept her clothes limited because she was constantly having hot flashes that alcohol would only increase. Well, that and she was well endowed in all the right places and she couldn’t imagine hiding it. She used to be so pudgy.

She was about to compliment the construct even further when a rather annoying man sauntered up to them, practically telling her what to do. Māo put her hands on her hips. “That ‘cat’ has a name, boy.” Her tail and ears twitched in unison, annoyed.

Māo thought about baring her teeth at him, but refrained for now. She simply crossed her arms and allowed Zahrah to finish talking, or take a slightly longer pause than usual before she cut in. “Such a cute name, dear. I’m Māo.” She introduces herself politely to them before looking over at Ryker.

“And what would your name be, pretty boy?" She says, her patience returning to her.

Mentions: Elvario Elvario SoftSmile SoftSmile Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia
OOC:
Time: 6:10pm
Weather: cool temperatures, slight breeze moves through town, still a couple hours of sunlight left
Cooldown:
TLDR:
Post Listening:

As Māo was getting to know her new party, Harrison, the tavern keeper, would lean over the bar and whisper to the party with a worried look on his face.

"Excuse me, friends, I couldn't help but overhear your conversation. To find Bofar, I think I have some additional information that might be helpful."

He looked around to see if anyone else was paying attention to their conversation before leaning in closer.

"Word around town is that Bofar was last seen heading toward the forest to the northeast of here a few days ago. Think he mentioned something about special ingredients for his experiments, but he hasn't been seen since. There's also been rumors of bandits seen in the forest. If you want to know more about that, it may help if you speak with the Hunters. They regularly go into the forest. But be careful, some of the bandits may be here at the moment. I'd bet my tavern they are responsible, but its not clear who they are or where they are in the wood to go after them. May wind up missing like Bofar if any of us draws too much attention."

Harrison then pulls back and nods his head over to a small group at a table to themselves. All had bows slung over their shoulders and quivers at their hips under cloaks of greens and browns. Although their drinks may have been disappointing, they ate hardy and enjoyed the meats they likely had a hand in fetching that day.

"I know it's potentially dangerous, but if you can bring Bofar back safely, you'll be heroes of this village for sure. And we'll have ale in our tavern once again."

He then turns to Māo and adds, "And you, my dear, if you help bring Bofar back, I promise to keep you well supplied."

With a grateful smile, Harrison thanks the party for their help and wishes them good luck on their quest.

1680407883604-jpeg.1077944

Zahrah Fiore
Mentions: Zuì Dàmāo SoftSmile SoftSmile | Ryker Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia | Novama Novama

What a great joy it was to already have made a new friend~ Even so, they did say something disturbing. “What? No, no, you shouldn't die miss, that'd be bad! We only just got to be friends~” They replied, not wanting their new friend to die before she even stated her name. That name followed soon. “It's really nice to meet you, miss Mão~ Your name is really cool!” They faintly had some recollection of that name... what was it again? Some Chinese hero? Their cotton-brain sadly didn't have the same access to unlimited data as their previous self had. Such a shame. Ah well, who cared! They had a cool new Mão friend now, which was more than great enough!

Next up, they nodded to the explanations they were given by the tavern keeper. “Oho, tell us all about it~” They replied to the notion of additional information about 'Bofar', which sounded like a Dwarf from Lord of the Rings. Oh, they had some memory of that glorious happiness-bringing book and movie! Amazing! They wondered if there was also a Lord of the Rings in this world. Then again, that was a question for another day. “Oh me oh my, bandits at it again? They really are a constant factor of increasing unhappiness if left unconverted...” They whispered back, shaking their head in disappointed. Someone should really start mass-converting them already! Perhaps that someone could be them? Either way, they realised bandits were a true issue indeed.

They then cheerfully headed over the the mentioned hunters. “Hi, hi, hunters!” They greeted them with a cheerful cheer. “I'm Zahrah Fiore, researcher of happiness and these are the exhibitionista extraordinaire Mão and our instant-leader, mister Ryker! Don't tell him, but I totally figured out his name by appraising him~” They said, loud enough for Ryker to hear it as well. Why were they talking with these people again? Ah, right! Bofar.

They remembered to be 'careful' about bandits being there, but they were suddenly struck by a brilliant idea! They leaned in to whisper to Mão and Ryker. “I've got a great idea! How about I mention these bandits aloud, then you two keep an eye on anyone that might leave the place? If they're bandits as well, they'll go warn their buddies, right? Right? So then you'd just have to tail them to their hideout so we can find Bofar, right, right? That's brilliant, right, right?” They whispered, very excited about their own plan.

In fact, they were so proud of their plan, that they'd loudly put it in motion when addressing the hunters again. “The owner here says that you guys totally know the latest scoops on what might've happened with Bofar or the bandits that might've gotten him captured~ Can you share them with us? We'll make sure you'll get your booze back so that this establishment may be made fully-functional again~” As was their entire 'thing', they'd end the last part with a good dose of [Smooth Talker A] in there.

Zuì Dàmāo

DM5xzsbV4AEh59J.png

“Miss Māo? Oh my god. That is adorable.” She chuckled deeply, patting the construct on their head. The feline looked back towards Harrison, giving him a quick wink before she joined the group closer to the hunters.

“Hi darlings.” Māo gave a cute wave to the hunters after being introduced. She didn’t mind Zahrah doing most of the talking, in fact, it gave her all the more time to take another few gulps from her gourd like flask before reattaching it back on her belt.

Māo listened to the construct patiently, even patting it on the back as it told them their idea. “Smart.” She commented offhandedly, not really bothering to lower her voice. It wasn’t like Zahrah was actually doing a good job whispering. More like whisper shouting. However, it seemed like the construct was better at communication than she recently thought.

Māo immediately characterised Zahrah for being naive, showing something similar to childlike wonder. Her ears twitch in thought, wondering what exactly Zahrah was. Putting a hand on her chin, she leaned over to them, studying their movements and speech. That was a question for later. Right now she needed to focus on the objective with the sweet reward of free, fresh brew.

Novama Novama Elvario Elvario Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

OOC: 1 skip for ryker. This will be last round in the tavern common room before scene change.
Time: 6:20pm
Cooldown:
TLDR:
Post Listening:

The hunters' apprehensive looks were gradually relaxed while Zahrah worked its social abilities. At the very least, they acknowledged the group and their desire to find Bofar. Any hesitance they had to talk about what they knew was soon past them due to the 2 socialites of the group endearing themselves to the hunter party.

It was revealed the bandits the tavernkeeper spoke of were a group that had been harassing travelers on the road for some time now. While the hunters didn't claim to witness Bofar's abduction, they had noticed the harassing of other travelers on the same forest paths. It was not beyond the possibility that Bofar ran into the bandits. Trouble was, the hunters added, the bandits didn't go out of their way to harass travelers beyond the shake down of valuables. However, anytime someone put up resistance, it wasn't uncommon for travelers to be badly beaten. Bofar was the sort to get into a fight sober, much more drunk and anally focused on a halfcocked new brew idea.

During the talk, Ryker followed by Zui, would note the individual eavesdropping from a nearby table. He was a human man eating dinner alone.The man finished his drink and slid an empty plate to the side as he made to leave the tavern. Was the man one of the suspicious ones that needed extra attention?

The hunters, on the other hand, were nearing the end of their meal. They confessed they never thought to go poking around the woods were the bandits frequented. They thought it best to avoid bringing troubles onto themselves when possible. However, they offered to keep an extra lookout for anything that may help the party if they should come across such things in the future.

The party would need to decide whether to ask the hunters/locals more questions, go after the lone man leaving the tavern, or split up. There was the chance that other bandits may be about as well or that the man wasn't one at all.

1680750184617.png

Ryker

Ryker had been correct in assuming that the cat and pink one would be best at the information gathering. The hunters that they had interrogated had been rather forthright with said information. His own skillset was geared toward far more aggressive encounters. Hence why he'd had to put his faith in these two. According to the hunters. The forest bandits rarely pushed their banditry past robbing people. However resistance to their mugging would result in violent assault. Ryker himself had no comment on the morality of the situation. He just wanted to kill the bandits. Not because it would benefit these villagers in their little hamlet. No, Ryker simply needed more power. He desired more opportunities to put his life on the line in the pursuit of greater and greater might. So when his superb hearing picked up on a lone eavesdropper. Ryker informed the group at once so that this new piece of information would add to the collection of others they had assembled so far.

"Cat, cease with the drinking so that our plan of action may be decided. The Pink One had a greater chance of obtaining more information from the locals. They also have a personable nature which can be used to bring those hunters to our side if needed. The man who just left this establishment is likely an informant for this particular group of ruffians. Therefore you and I need to pursue him. Use that supple flesh of yours to entice him. After we wring him dry of everything we can gain. We eliminate him from the board" remarked a deadpan Ryker with his hand resting on his sheathed sword.

Novama Novama Elvario Elvario SoftSmile SoftSmile

Zahrah Fiore
Mentions: Zuì Dàmāo SoftSmile SoftSmile | Ryker Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia | Novama Novama

They were happy enough to accept the head-pets, even though they couldn't figure out how that name was adorable. Not that they cared all that much. If it made someone happy, then what reason was there to overthink it?

Even better, they were getting a lot of information from these Hunters. “Hmhm, hmhm! So the bandits normally stick to themselves, but Bofar's the type that might end up messing with them badly enough for them to go to more extremes? I see, I see!” They replied cheerfully for the offer to be on lookout! “That's great, thank you so much~ Ah, oh, before I forget, is there anything in those forests he might be after? Something he might be looking for to spruce up those drinks of his? That might give as a clue as to where he went~”

That's when they turned to Ryker again, although they were thoroughly confused. “I don't get it. You still didn't tell me where she's supposed to get flesh from if she's not a butcher! It's also rude to take people from boards, especially if they're not [monsters] or [criminals] as you'll just make yourself an outlaw that could get punched in the face or stabbed in the gut without anyone caring~ Oh, oh, also, also, if you need to chase him, why are you talking right now, instead of chasing him? Run like the wind or he'll already be out of sight~” They didn't want to bring this man's mood down (at least not too much), but the logic this man employed failed to be comprehensible to them. It's why they hoped miss Mao had already given chase, perhaps being a more dependable person.

That's when they turned back to the Hunters, hoping to get some idea of 'brewing breakthrough ingredient' locations they might hint at, which would be worthwhile places for Zahrah to go check out.

Lee | F0DC82 | Sheet
GCfXfBV.jpg

Lee's roadside journey brought him to another tavern, but instead of rowdy jeers and cheers, only disappointment welcomed him as he barged into the establishment. The air did not smell rancid, stale or sour, and there were no drunks or fights in sight. It did not take a genius to figure out what was going, but for good measure, Lee had to make sure. Along with a few others, their complaints for a proper drink were answered with the same response.

"Who the hell is Bofar?" Lee pondered, taking a seat near the bar counter. Letdown and discontented, Lee sighed and contemplated whether he would risk traveling alone in the dead of night to look for another tavern, or just accept that he was going to bed sober that evening.

It was bad enough that he didn't have a cold pint of ale to help him think, but he had to deal with the eccentrics that filled the tavern. Though not in the mood to eavesdrop, Lee was left with no choice given how loud their voices were.

He noticed that they were actually trying to look for Bofar. Normally, Lee would leave such things, that do not concern him, alone. But this time was a bit different; he was in need of some alcohol.

Deciding immediately, Lee approached the small group, interjecting himself into their conversation. "Excuse me." His voice sounding as pleasant as he could make it as he smiled and waved. "My name is Lee and I'm a traveller. I couldn't help but overhear that you were also looking for Bofar. If you don't mind, I'd love to lend you a hand." It was only when he was up close that Lee noticed what they actually looked like. First was the pink-haired girl that gave off an extremely cheerful vibe; she felt the strangest. Next was the voluptuous beast who was barely dressed and walking away; she was easy on the eyes, so Lee wasn't complaining. And lastly, a stern-looking young man whose gaze could probably kill if he wanted to. Lee liked him the most. He wasn't sure of it, but he felt like they were similar somehow. "What an interesting bunch." Lee told himself, genuinely curious on how such an odd group was formed.

Last edited:
Zuì Dàmāo
DM5xzsbV4AEh59J.png
The feline hisses at Ryker, feeling disrespected. “Never tell me to stop drinking!” Despite her anger, she focused on the man who just left the establishment then looked back to Ryker suspiciously before jogging out the door in her geta. She had already turned to leave whenever another man approached, not getting the chance to see him.

However, that gave him a great chance to see her. Well, her barely covered behind. She was out the door, and her voice could be heard reverberating into the tavern as she yelled at the leaving man. “Wait up cutie!”

Māo manages to catch up with him easily despite her poor choice of footwear. She purrs deeply, putting a hand on his back. “Darling I know you were looking at me. Can I ask where you’re headed to?” She attempts to seduce him with [Seduction F], flashing him a cute smile. If she could get the truth out of him, she could find out if he’s worth following or not. Quick and easy, she tells herself.

"Oh my goodness gracious, where are my manners? My name is Māo by the way."

Novama Novama Speed Speed Elvario Elvario Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Ryker

Ryker could tell that both the Pink One and the Cat were doubting his ability to chase after the suspicious man. In the long run that would would hamper his efforts. He saw no value in ingratiating himself with these two. Such would get in the way of his goals. However proving himself competent may do wonders in allowing him to take advantage of his team members. An entirely new person came over to see them. Apparently he too wanted to join in the quest for Bofar. Ryker sized him up with his discerning eye that lacked [Appraisal} and judged him to be some kind of fighter. Turning to chase after the Cat once she departed to pursue the suspicious man. Ryker asked the Punchy One to watch over the Pink One. Their negotiator needed someone shadowing them so that they could gather intel.

Leaving the tavern, Ryker watched the Cat dash after the mysterious man. Fixing his collar for a moment. Ryker teleported a short distance forward. Combining [Energize] with [Teleport] to chain together a series of short distance warps. He made sure he was on the other side of where the mysterious man would have been if the Cat hadn't caught up to him first. Leaning against a tree and watching from a distance. Ryker wanted to make sure he was at the ready just in case the Cat screwed this up. The Pink One had informed him that any violence that was unprompted may result in Ryker being marked as a [Criminal]. Honestly he didn't care much about that. If he had to play dirty to achieve true power, he would without hesitation.

Novama Novama Elvario Elvario SoftSmile SoftSmile Speed Speed

Lee | F0DC82 | Sheet
GCfXfBV.jpg

Lee found Ryker a tad overbearing. He acted like he was in charge based on how he was giving orders, but based on the responses he was getting, his role as the leader may have been self-imposed. There was nothing wrong with that though. Someone had to, and it just meant that Ryker was the first one to step up. It said a lot about his character.

After receiving his orders, with one hand in his hip, Lee gave Ryker a thumbs up and a smile then headed towards the pink-haired girl. "Gotcha~" Before Lee could get too close, he noticed that she was still talking with the hunters. Not wanting to bother her, Lee stood behind Zahrah and just let her do her thing; he could take with her later. And Lee preferred to just listen anyway. If anything suddenly went south, that's when he'd jump in.

Last edited:
Mentions: Elvario Elvario SoftSmile SoftSmile Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Speed Speed
OOC: 1 skip for ryker. Situations have changed and time may be of the essence.
Time: 6:30pm
Cooldown:
TLDR:
Post Listening:

The hunters would turn to each other a moment in response to Zahrah's question. The elf hunter replied exasperatedly,

"Bofar once filled have a vat with what he called special rocks. Thought he had descovered a new way to put the 'hard' in hard cider. That dwarf would stick anything including mud into the barrels if you suggested it may produce a new or better spirit. There's no way to know what he would have been looking for in the forest. Now if you'll excuse us. We will be turning in for the evening."

The rest of the hunters bid the doll and Lee evening before leaving the tavern.

Meanwhile, the tavern and the villagers outside that evening had no shortage of things to gawk at between Zui prancing around in next to nothing and Ryker teleporting in and out of space, creating a popping sound with each disappearance and reappearance. The villagers had never seen anything like it before. However, it was Alfie the villager that got the biggest eyeful of all. Zui had successfully caught up with the man as he was leaving the tavern. He happened to be walking in the direction of the forest. His gruff exterior melted to Zui's charms. His eyes couldn't leave her body to the point where he didn't even notice Ryker popping around in the background.

"Hey, babe. Name's Alf. If you're with me, we can head to my house,"

Alfie gestured down the street to a small home on the corner. Clearly a bachelor's pad as it had nothing aesthetically pleasing about it.

"I have a bottle I've been saving for special occasions. Let's say we split that and you and me make each other feel really good this evening?"

Alfie would continue his propositioning with a 'wall slam' and not even notice the young man running by out of breath. The young man would reach the tavern and burst in shouting,

"Help, Help! brigands in the woods have kidnapped my wife! Please help me! I can't imagine what they will do to her. Anyone, please!"

the man would continue to plead until everyone was forced to take notice and react. Upon closer inspection, he was dressed a bit better than a villager, but he was covered in dirt and green smudges. Some bruises and swelling were starting to become visible. Apparently, the man's story claimed he was traveling with his wife by horse through the forest when the bandits ambushed him and stole his horse and his wife. The location of the ambush was of some concerned murmurs by villagers. The northeast portion of the forest he passed near was supposed to be filled with monsters and hostile plants and natural hazards in addition o monsters. Even if the bandits weren't an issue, it was not a place many were willing to go. Not content to sit around, once he caught his breath and decided the villagers were too hesitant to rally to his cause, he immediately left the tavern and started charging toward the forest he had come from.

1680937291695.png
1680750184617-png.1079001

Zahrah Fiore
Mentions: Zuì Dàmāo SoftSmile SoftSmile | Lee Speed Speed | Ryker Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia | Novama Novama

“Oh me, oh my, aren't you a handsome guy!” They rhymed, as Lee approached them. “Yes, yes, yes, I'd gladly take any hands you're willing to lend me~ Love the wavy hair and that rose-shirt is amazing~” They stated, confirming their satisfaction with the newcomer's appearance. “Anyhow, it's nice to meet you mister Lee the traveller, I'm Zahrah Fiore, research of happiness!”

They were a little disappointed when the hunters weren't able to hint at any worthwhile areas to look for Bofar. “If he put in rocks, that must mean he wanted to make mineral cider!” They concluded, proud at their quick deduction. That said, it didn't give them any new clues.

Such new clues weren't needed, however, as something new propped up. “Oh no! That's absolutely terrible! We cannot let brigands kidnap wives, that's horrible for overall happiness! No, no, this must be stopped! Everyone, grab the swords, shield, torches and pitchforks! We'll scare off those brigands once and for all! Then after, I'll convert them into upstanding moral citizens! Yes, yes! Let's go, all for on and one for all!” They addressed every single person in the tavern, with no exception, shouting whilst using [Smooth Talker A] to get them all on board to follow them! However, they had another argument. “Someone looking so fancy is definitely able to rewards anyone's aid!~” Yes, yes, they knew that for some people, money was happiness, so offering money for aiding this man might increase happiness. Yes, yes, that should definitely work out!

On their way out, they'd yell out for Mao and Ryker to hear. “You two can stop selling flesh to people! We've got brigands to stop from kidnapping wives! They might even have Bofar as well!”

As they were running, they'd try to use Elasticity F to reach for the man that ran out with one of their arms, so they could stop him and have him slow down. “Hold up, sir, the wife-rescuing forces will be gathered any moment now! Together, we'll be stronger than any brigand, so please abstain from running towards your death, as that would be detrimental to your happiness! As a research of happiness, I couldn't let such a thing slide. Also, this is Lee, he's looking so amazing that he'll surely have your wife back in no-time, so don't worry! We'll get it sorted out right and quickly!”

Lee | F0DC82 | Sheet
GCfXfBV.jpg

Mentions: Novama Novama Elvario Elvario
Zahrah was quite the talker, but Lee already noticed that before he even approached them; it wasn't hard to miss. He didn't mind it that much since it was mostly harmless chatter, and she did compliment him, so everything was all good. Anyone who stroked Lee's ego couldn't be that bad of a person.

"Well, right back at ya. Nice to meet you too, Zee~" Lee smiled, bowing in a nod-like manner to show some appreciation for the friendly welcome he received from her.

Lee listened in silence as the hunters continued to talk and share what they knew; it wasn't much. His lower lip couldn't help but pout given the information that they got. Personally, he deemed it useless and after hearing Zahrah's comments regarding it, it felt like they weren't going nowhere.

While waiting for a follow up from either Zahrah or the hunters, a young man came bursting into the tavern, yelling as he asked for anyone to help him. Lee didn't care since it didn't have anything to do with their search for Bofar. If he was in a bad mood, he would have made the young man shut up. But it was too early for violence, so he decided to just ignore the pleading man. But after hearing Zahrah's take on the matter, which she uttered with the utmost speed, Lee ended up being persuaded. Not only could this be related to Bofar, but there was also a chance that they could be rewarded handsomely. It was a win-win situation in Lee's book, now that he thought about it.

Not wanting to waste any time, Lee held back his surprise for Zahrah's elongating arm and turned to the tavern entrance. Consecutively using Soru [Fast F, Special Movement - Speed Burst F, Energized F], he chased after the young man. "Wait up!" Lee yelled in between dashes. He at least had to tell him that they would help him. "Slow down!"

Last edited:
DM5xzsbV4AEh59J.png
Sauntering beside him, Māo grabbed one of his arms before talking to him in a sultry manner, hoping she would be able to get something useful out of him. She hated turning down free drinks, especially when the person was actually good looking.

“While I’m not one to turn down free drinks, I’ve got a few obligations I need to take care of. You understand.” She says, walking in front of the man in an attempt to keep his vision from Ryker. “So, darling, what do you know about Bofar? If something’s good enough, I might be inclined to come back and visit once this is all over.” She flirted with him as he slammed the wall beside her head.

“Meow.” She teased at the gesture, clearly amused by it.

Before he could answer, her ears were privy to a shouting man that had run into the tavern. From here she couldn’t make out the exact words but it sounded urgent nonetheless. She waited for him to answer her questions before talking again, afraid the ruckus would prevent her from getting the information she needed.

“So sorry to leave you high and dry love, but I was promised free drinks elsewhere like 5 minutes ago. I’ll see what I can do about coming by later though. Promise. Bye sweetie!” The feline waved at the human as she rushed back to the tavern, grabbing Ryker’s hand on the way.

“Can you believe something happens as soon as we step out? Ugh. I hate being out of the loop.”

A man runs out of the tavern and lo and behold, two idiots chase behind him. He barely got out the door before the two were on him. She groans, her ears and tail relaxing. “So, what's the details?” She asks Zahrah and Lee. It took her a minute to even notice Lee, so enamoured by Zahrah’s presence. They were like a life size barbie doll and Māo simply felt giddy every time she looked at them.

“I’m sorry darling, who are you again? I’m so terrible at names.” She assumes that they have met before, and she simply forgot.

Ryker

Ryker quietly listened in as the Cat worked her seductive skills on the suspicious man. Seeing her attempts to extract information while he looked out for anything out of the ordinary. Their conversation was far briefer than he would have liked considering a man ran past the pair while screeching about something. Ryker's ears (Heightened Sense 👂F ) were able to pick up on a few snippets despite the decent amount of distance between himself and the tavern. Seems this person wanted help retrieving his lover from bandits. The very same bandits who likely took Bofar the Dwarf. However Ryker naturally believed this to be a trap. The location they were speaking of sounded vaguely similar to the one he passed through in order to get to this village in the first place. Dangerous and full of hazards that were just as bad as bandits. The Cat grabbing his hand to drag him along with her back to the tavern made Ryker want to recoil in caution. Her personality made him wonder if she carried sleazy diseases. Catching one of those would hamper his quest for might. Arriving at the Tavern and seeing the Punchy One follow after the Pink One. Ryker chose to remain silent for now. The Pink One was a social butterfly with poor common sense, the Cat was a Drunk and the Punchy One hadn't proven himself yet. He himself didn't care if it was a trap. His blade hadn't tasted blood in a while. Therefore he was more than motivated to go cut down these ruffians.

Novama Novama Elvario Elvario SoftSmile SoftSmile Speed Speed

Mentions: Elvario Elvario SoftSmile SoftSmile Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Speed Speed
OOC: 1 skip for ryker. All characters now clustered around frantic man in village street.
Time: 6:40pm
Cooldown:
TLDR:
Post Listening:

Ravenswood Village

Novama_medieval_fantasy_village_at_twilight_spring_weather_stre_9c3c0a70-a394-428a-8196-991944aebd55.png

Most of the people in the tavern, what was left of the supper rush, were too preoccupied whispering or chatting to each other over the latest incident. Getting involved with bandits in the first near nightfall sounded bad enough, but to put one's neck out for a clear outsider? Who does that? Zahrah's rally was mostly ignored save for a lone youth who happened to be sitting near it when it shouted and the young man looked up. The young man, looking inspired and firedup to lend aid, would follow Lee and Zahrah out.

Zahrah's arm would be able to reach the already weary man with stolen wife problems. He had not gotten far. It was unlikely he would have had the energy to run back to where his wife was kidnapped, much less do anything about it. He did not resist the doll much, likely coming to his own conclusions on the matter. The other characters would be able to join around the man in time. Leaving Alfie behind, the villager would snap out of the charm and wonder off with nothing to say on the matter.

The man, forced to halt, would take the moment to catch his breath again and assume everyone was there to help,

"Thank you everyone. My name's Arashi. I'll be very grateful if you would lend me your strength. My wife cannot wait for greater aid than this. Even now may be too late for her honor."

Arashi would again try to make it back to the forest but would take a more reasonable pace. The youth original fired up to lend a hand was quickly losing enthusiasm. With some many more capable people present, he seemed to be looking for a way to back out of anything dangerous.

Novama_medieval_fantasy_barons_son_young_man_dirty_sweaty_well__b3dc1fb6-aee5-4e85-a1db-b1bcd0eeb54c.png

Lee | F0DC82 | Sheet
GCfXfBV.jpg

Ravenswood Village - Streets outside the Tipsy Raven Tavern
Mentions: Novama Novama Elvario Elvario SoftSmile SoftSmile Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia
Just like that, the gang was finally back together. If we counted the man they had gathered around - who was apparently incredibly dashing and introduced himself as Arashi - and the random youth that followed Zahrah and Lee, then that made a solid group of six. Lee felt a bit let down since he was expecting an exciting, if not epic, chase, but from the looks of things, the night was young and far from over.

With everyone around, Lee took a step back from any of the real roles. He was confident that one of the three founders of their crew would take the lead. Leaving him with enough room to keep to himself, Lee stood just far enough to have everyone within his sights. He was the type of person who liked to judge others, or at least find things that he could point out about them. Lee's impression for Zahrah, Ryker, and Mao were that they seemed like genuine individuals. Ryker was more reserved and probably had some secrets that he needed to keep, but with Zahrah and Mao, what you saw was what you were getting. The smoldering addition to their group was a bit more different since he bounced back from panicked to calm despite the predicament he was in; that might not have been much, but to Lee, that was kind of strange. Lastly, the random youth seemed like he wasn't anything special. He could have been an aspiring adventurer who wanted to pull off some heroic deed, or some random villager who was bored of his random village life and wanted a taste of excitement. Whatever he was, Lee wasn't all that interested in him. Well, he wasn't until he noticed his fading enthusiasm. "Ooh~" As fast as he could blink, Lee used Soru [Speed Burst F, Energized F] and moved closer to the young man. Wrapping one of his arms over his shoulder, Lee tugged him closer to his chest, preventing him from just wandering off. "You ready for an epic night, buddy~" He started to walk forward with his new friend in tow, following Arashi's lead as he headed towards the forest. "What was your name again? I don't think I caught it." Lee smirked, seemingly amused.

Last edited:
Zahrah Fiore
Mentions: Zuì Dàmāo SoftSmile SoftSmile | Lee Speed Speed | Ryker Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia | Novama Novama

Well... that was disappointing. Having only one fellow join in didn't exactly go according to plan. Zahrah turned to the lone youth, who seemed to be growing discouraged already. “You, young sir, have shown bravery and a willingness to aid those in need, which is a great feat indeed, but alas! With only one person, we already lost the strength of an angry mob and thus I shall honourably release you from your duties! Know that your courage and bravery did not go unnoticed and that everyone else should learn from it! When we return with booze, you should be the first one served!” They said, giving the youth a way out of this mess whilst still praising the fact he joined in. They'd also address Lee, in that regard. “Oho, his epic night, you say? I didn't think he'd strike your fancy that much~” They replied, having reached their own conclusions. “However! We're going to need your handsome powers to get rid of these brigands first, before you spent some quality time with him!” They reminded Lee of their priorities.

That turned their attention back to the group that did gather up here. Lee, Ryker, Mao and the man that'd been running. What a supergroup~ They turned to Arashi. “I'm not sure what you mean with being too late for her honour, but if losing it decreases her happiness, then I'll do what I can to make sure she gets it back~ It's a knightly thing, right? Having honour?” They said, having some vague memories left from their previous databanks on the relation between honour and happiness. This man was probably worried that his wife wouldn't be able to have an honourable duel with those bandits or something. That was something that turned even fighting turn into a source of happiness, right? Definitely.

Either way, there was on question that was still left unanswered. “By the way, miss Mao, why does Ryker keep telling everyone you're selling flesh? I'm about 97.5% certain you're not a butcher, right, right?” As per usual, their simple cotton-brain made connections where there weren't any and failed to make them where they actually did exist. All in all, however, they'd continue to head in whatever direction Arashi would lead them. As they were doing so, the most brilliant thought occured to them. “Oh, oh, mister Arashi! Before I forget, can you like, tell us about those brigands? Like, how many were there, did they look interested in starting a sewing circle or idol group and/or did they look like they were such big happiness decreasing factors that their entire presence should be erased from these realms?” Yes, yes, getting more information on what they'd be involved with was crucial! Besides, considering Arashi looked surprisingly dashing, they got right up in his face and used [Appraisal A] on him to really get the full look-down on whom they were dealing with.

Lee | F0DC82 | Sheet
GCfXfBV.jpg

Ravenswood Village - Streets outside the Tipsy Raven Tavern
Mentions: Novama Novama Elvario Elvario SoftSmile SoftSmile Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

"Strike my fancy?" Lee tilted his head in response to Zahrah's statement. It wasn't false though. He did find the young man interesting for who he was despite, well, who he was or wasn't. "I guess he did, huh?" Lee nodded his head. "Right, buddy?" Lee turned to the young man, bringing him even closer. "No worries there, Zee. We're gonna teach those brigands a lesson! You, me, Ryker, Mao, Mr. Good Looking over there, and our new friend over here." Lee loosened his grip over the young man's shoulder before raising it up as a clenched fist into the air, hyping up their cause. While Zahrah's attention shifted to Arashi, Lee continued to lightly pump his raised fist for the sake of rallying anyone who could be rallied. Probably this wasn't doing anything for anyone, but Lee didn't mind. Though he wasn't directly looking at the young man, Lee still had his eyes on him. Kind of. "But ya know, like Zee said, good on you for heading outside with us." He spoke loud enough for just the young man to hear him. Well, him and anyone else who had heightened hearing and was paying attention. "Might be kind of weird though. You know, you just heading back in as soon as you went out. You could imagine the stuff those guys could say. From what I heard, they usually assume the worst. We'd know the truth. But those guys? Don't count on it." Lee was obviously lying, but due to his familiarity with [Deception F], he might have sounded convincing to those who didn't know him. "Looking at our little group, I think we can handle this with no problem. Maybe you just tag along, have an unplanned adventure for the night, then have a nice story to tell your friends when we get back. But yeah, that's just what I would do if I was in your shoes." Lee pocketed both his hands and made his way forward, getting closer to the rest of the group. "Give it a second thought, buddy. I'm just worried about ya~" He wasn't. Lee just thought that it would be fun messing with the guy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back