• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Zhaojun City] The Mile High Heist

LadyOfStars

Tu'er Shen the Rabbit God
Hello and welcome! This rp is part of the Isekai Hell universe and if you'd like to join or learn more, click here

This rp will chronicle the efforts of Zeke and his crew as they endeavor to steal a sky engine with the help of Wu Zetian.

Setting:
Weather: Cool, clear skies
Time of Day: 10pm

6a8c4f41e3ffa8996c6362f9b594cc7b.jpg

"Two hours until the ship takes off." Zetian said as she gazed out over the city down below. Lanterns pushed back the darkness of night and as a pink moon hung in the sky, a beautiful and romantic aura engulfed the city. From their hotel room's patio they could see all of the city's leisure district. All around them the people were partying, celebrating their prosperity and health. Drunks wandered the streets with pretty ladies and gentlemen on their arms, Her eyes spied a few cages on the streets where beastkin were being held as slaves for sale and the sight brought her some heartache. Bands played loudly in every hotel and overhead, several ships glided on the moonlight and that was where the real parties were happening.

Grabbing her head, Zetian winced and stepped back from the bannister. Deep breaths filled her lungs while a bit of pain surged in her temples. She inhaled one time through her nostrils and felt the pain subside. "We have some time, so let's go over the plan one more time."

67e95a353e17fcef0133bd8e1a02eeca.jpg
She gestured for the rest of Zeke's crew to come closer and join them in the center of the patio. "My...partnership with Lord Honda is our key into this party, but I'm being invited as entertainment so we will have to tread lightly. having a noble in my pocket is a great advantage." Her eyes darted to each of the faces in their circle.

"We'll board the ship at 12, when all the other guests will be boarding. You all will be posing as members of my brothel staff, but some of you don't fit the mold for a worker, so you'll need to pose as servants and assistants."Zetian employed a variety of races at her business, but there were people in Zeke's crew that were not very fitting for the role of prostitute. They would have to pose as different roles and stick to their stories.

"Once the ship is in the air, you will need to take control of it, which means subduing the captain and the guards. Then you'll need to sail beyond the port to where Zeke's ship is waiting." Zetian nodded her head to the pirate captain. "We land the ship in the sea and the remaining crew hop aboard to help steal the engine and get it back on the ship." A smirk started to spread across her face, her pride now showing. "That is also when you all will make your exits, pretending to be taken as prisoners by the pirates. All we need to decide on is who will do what." Zetian didn't know too much about the crew and what they were capable of, so she looked to Zeke to

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI NebulaBlossom NebulaBlossom Lulidew Lulidew RavenSong RavenSong EMIYAman EMIYAman Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

Last edited by a moderator:
Ingenium
__mani_of_machine_elona_drawn_by_harusame_rueken__7f209dccfa1aa9d6976fce0377bcab98.jpgSitting within Zetian's hotel room, Ingenium was stock still going over the plan as he frequently did. Admittedly construction wasn't progressing nearly as much as he had first outlined. Travel as well as the necessary procurement of components cut into his projections heavily. In his own way he was growing restless, but he could be patient. Fortunately enough that was the entire reason they were here. The first steps of acquisition would finally come to fruition.

As Zetian laid out the plan for the night Ingenium listened intently. They were to appropriate the engine they would need from a client of hers. Based off the mission parameters the chance of combat was likely, it would be a first for the Construct. But he was no stranger to the idea of battle, even in his fragile form he would do what he must to accomplish his goal. The loss of life were mere variables to account for on the way. As the rest of the crew listened or spoke amongst themselves he raised a hand up slightly to get the attention of Zetian and Captain Zeke.

"As a machine, my appearance and mannerisms are difficult to conceal. Your instruction as to maintain my cover for the operation would be necessary for the efficiency of my duties."

Last edited:
Zeke “Mors” Valdain
image_2022-07-27_220957833.png
Zeke walked towards the spot with Zetian, a little huff as he looked around. She certainly made her way up in the world. But of course, now it was time for him to do so as well. Beforehand in his last life, he would have simply came from the sky, ransacked the place and taken what he wanted. But now he had to be smarter about things, and his friend Zetian was going to assist in that. He turned to his crew, deciding to lay out the plan. "Alright lads. The crew n' lads will be waiting nearby to take us captive once we've gotten inside and taken the ship. You all have your jobs to do. Ingenium, you're with me, since you'll know how to pilot the thing once we need to get out of here. Caspian, you're with Zetian until the time to separate, since you're gonna be actin' as a courtesan. Loke, you're on the same team as me." He kept his voice low, preferring that just his group heard what he was saying. He knew Zetian wouldn't be sticking her neck out too far, so beyond getting them on the ship, he shouldn't rely on her any further than that.

"Stella will be staying with Zetian, but after 40 minutes, she'll fly out of the group towards the crew to give them the signal to pull in closer. Orrius and Ogden will be stickin' with Zetian too, as a little servant boys for now as your cover story." He said, giving a time frame for when the plan needed to go, and who was in what group. It was time for them to get things done, and get the first piece of his ship ready. He'd been waiting far too long for this day, for him to be able to pillage and steal as he pleases.

1666493393851.png
1666493485631.png
⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙

This was his first real missions as a member of the crew, and new as he still felt. He couldn't help but be excited at the idea of a heist. It sounded exciting and he wanted to see this mad dream of The Captain's realized, and the idea of making a ship space-worthy really fired up his grey matter. He could hardly stop fidgeting in the rather large seat he was sequestered into as Zetian laid out the plan. His eyes focused her as he scrawled these details in small font on the clipboard he carried at his hip, rife with his designs and notes. A meticulous note taker that could fit an absurd amount on a page. "While this has a small margin for error tick-tick, it is very well thought out plan indeed. I can't wait to see how this grand vessel looks on the inside tick-tick"

Ingenium was someone whom the boy constantly eyed with reverence and mechanical adoration. Ogdenn having no sense of personal space and often invaded the fellow engineer's space, fascinated by a machine so advanced!

He really wanted to see what this engine was all about, and moderately pouted when he was lumped in with the lady with sticks coming out of her hair! Were they for eating? weapons? did they attract mates? His eyes flicking toward them every once in awhile as Zeke spoke, though he heard every word. He dreaded to think the type of people he would attract as a concubine, but he remembered the young girls Mr. Mcarthur oogled. A grim satisfaction washing over him as that old fool wouldn't be bothering anyone ever again.

"I don't do service very well, but I suppose any experience is good experience tick-tick. Will we be able to communicate with one another? I am still learning everyone's names...faces...everything tick-tick. Check-Ins will err confusion and plan failure, but I suppose 'winging it' will end up being our missions statement tick-tick"

sample-852838f43ae0fb719fc59b766373b1bc.jpg

Once in Zetians Hotel Chambers, Caspian took note of everyone present. Surely, they were quite the crew; an unlikely group. Carrying his jacket hung over his shoulder, with almost a permanent smirk upon his face, confident and sly looking as a fox. Putting a hand in his pocket, he listened intently at the brothel owner, who at this point seemed to be in a state of anxiety as her hands reached for her temples.

Upon Zetian motioning everyone closer, he complied with an easy and relaxed charm in his every step.

He’d been briefed on the sequence of their actions, it all seemed very well planned. Likely what would certainly be expected of a professional crew, which Caspian was very much pleased with. He’d been looking away, enjoying the scenery of the pink moon hanging overhead however, something was rather, romantic about it. Then after mention of having this particular noble of note in her pocket, brought his attention to Zetian whose gaze met with hers for an instant, not hesitating to blow her a kiss with a wink.

The remainder of the breifing was a nice refresher to the impatient elf. He’d been looking forward to this for quite some time. What stroke of luck! No more roaming about the streets and playing cards with sore losers! He thought, as his index finger knuckle ran about his chin.

Then the Construct Ingenium spoke up, fairly amused and thinking his way of speaking quite dry. “Oh, such a shame, you’d look absolutely dashing in a dress.” He’d chuckle. For being a very analytical construct and not knowing him for very long Ingenium was growing on Caspian.

Then Zeke would mention his role in this operation, turning to him suddenly. “A courtesan you say?” He shrugged, “Fine.” He agreed as he shook his head. The elf was having fun already, “I suppose i’ll go start dressing up to ‘play the part’ then.” He made his way to the nearest bathroom.

Coming back out, he was dressed much differently, "So.. whose plan was it to get me into this dreadfully exposing outfit?" He frowned, for a few moments looking at himself. His top was a delicately silky and almost transparent long sleeve shirt, that ended right above his bellybutton. His bottoms, were more like very tightly fitting shorts, the fabric covering his butt and front. "Captain, I must object, there surely must be another way other than this.." Picking up his sandaled foot, "..objectifying role." After a few moments Caspian sighed, sat down and resting an elbow on his knee while supporting his head on his palm . "I suppose it could be worse."

"With her?!" Stella asked in a hushed voice. She was surprised to find that she was being separated from Zeke during such a crucial mission, but then she got to thinking. Zetian was a defenseless woman, she'd need someone to protect her. "Never mind, I'll keep her safe for you, Zeke!" The little dragon promised with a nod of her head and whipe of her tail. she extended her wings and flew across the small distance from Zeke's shoulder to Zetian's.

Ogdenn posed a good question and unfortunately the answer was not a good one. "Once the teams split up there won't be any way to communicate with one another, so everyone will have to work together and do their jobs well to ensure that the other teams doesn't have to compensate or struggle. If anything goes wrong, Stella can be our signal." Zetian briefly explained and the dragon hurriedly agreed. She approved of Ogdenn's question and could tell he was a sharp mind. She would have said that of all the members of his crew, but then she locked eyes with the elf. His winking and charming façade would have worked perfectly on one of her customers, perhaps even on someone else in the crew, but not on her. She had eyes for one man and he could not be replaced by some mortal with a pretty face. "Hmph." She turned away from Caspian and his flirtatious personality.

Zeke's plan was sound and would likely be the most efficient way to go about achieving their goal, she had no amendments to suggest. That was until she saw Caspian in his disguise. She wanted to offer him another place at the brothel, but she knew now was not the time. She'd keep that idea to herself.

With the plan set and agreed upon, it was time for the crew to make their move. They would wander through the town, getting to briefly partake in some of the festivities that were going on. They would see dragon costumes, stilt walkers, kissing booths, geisha houses, and oiran houses, Food stalls lining every street and processions with idols of the moon being toted down the street.

1666636920108.png
(Just scenery)
The group would finally arrive to what was known as the sky dock. Here all the airship were anchored and kept floating just above the ground. Like any dock this one was crowded and noisy. Even with all the bobbing heads in the way and ships hovering nearby. it was impossible to miss their target for of all the ships present, it was the most grand in size and design.

1666637426452.png
Right away they would all notice that the ship was not just a party boat; it had two large cannons mounted on it. Zetian felt her heart sink and Stella flew from the woman's shoulder to Zeke's head. "That thing looks dangerous, Zele." She whispered to the captain. A minor adjustment might need to be made to their plans as Zetian hadn't foreseen there being weapon on the ship. There wasn't much time to adjust the plan, but the boarding of passengers would buy them a little bit of time. Zetian moved them to the side of the street and look to the Captain. "Could your ship withstand a shot from one of those cannons?" She asked with a desperate look upon her face. "What should we do?"

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI RavenSong RavenSong Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid EMIYAman EMIYAman

OIP.jpg
Johnny Scoville​

The guttural heave indicated another emptying of Johnny's bowels as he once again flushed the remains of the night before down the drain. Sadly, the same could be said to all his profits and change converting his modest tab into a not so modest debt though in his opinion's it's because of the bad management of this whole joint, hell Johnny didn't even get to the good stuff before being dragged away for petty reasons of 'Not having a dime on him' and 'These are just rocks' it's not his fault that swagger, finery, pompousness along with some good old betting will get you far if applied with proper leverage.

Apparently far enough to be offered a job instead of the expected dismemberment, sure his only priors were fighting an ogre till it ran away and fighting dragons to earn the privilege of becoming a adventurer. The truthfulness of his words being skewed a bit but that's the reason threats and violence aren't a very good truth-seeking method. But on the upside business and adventure were given to him so maybe Johnny should rack up massive tabs more often.

Finally stepping out of the bathroom with misplaced pride in himself about running out of fuel and only having a slight thumping in his head quickly shuffling awkwardly behind the group's exit with a paper-thin posture of understanding attempting to look like he was actually mentally present and ignoring the fact that one of the pirates was in provocative gear maybe piracy works like prison in that regard.

Still Johnny did want to have omni-directional hand movement by the end of the day, so he went to go to leach some information off the most gullible pirate here, which wasn't an easy choice off looks alone sometimes even the great Johnny Scoville has to rely on luck in a bet.

"At least try and pay attention, jeez probably have no idea what the plan is do ya? Bet you a meal that you can't even recount it"

Johnny shifting to intrude on that emotionless guy either a sociopath or a druggie as he projects his own cluelessness on Ingenium choosing to avert his gaze from the probable deathtrap, small steps first.

EMIYAman EMIYAman

Last edited:
Zeke “Mors” Valdain
Zeke slowly looked up at the ship before them, smirking slowly. "Well, no ship is gonna take a direct hit. But, we should be able to make sure they don't get one. But don't worry, getting out of range will be easy when we steal the engine right out of their hull." He said with a smirk on his face, confident in the chances of their mission. This was what he had been preparing for, and it was the necessary piece of their ship. So now, all that remained was to complete their mission. He turned to his crew, a smirk on his face. "Look alive lads, we're getting to work." He said, before turning and putting up his fancy facade, something he had due to his [Undesirable Guest] title, that gave him a bit of name dropping power and standing in social circles like the fancy one they were going towards.

"That's my girl Stella." He said, giving the dragon an affectionate scratch behind her ears before lifting her up under her arms, placing her on Zetian's shoulder. "Now Zetian, make sure you don't drop her. She's a delicate gal." He said, smiling at the two girls, some of the only things he's actually ever cared about, a smirk indelible on his face as he waited for their ship to arrive for boarding, adjusting his hat, gesturing for Ingenium to come join him so they could stay close.

"Don't get too ahead of yourself now Caspian, having a pretty face is one of the only talents you have right now." He teased, deciding he'd throw that comment out towards Caspian due to the latters complains of being placed in a skimpy outfit, which Zeke didn't think was too shabby for the disguise's purpose.

Last edited:
Ingenium
__mani_of_machine_elona_drawn_by_harusame_rueken__7f209dccfa1aa9d6976fce0377bcab98.jpgAs directed Ingenium stuck with Zeke keeping close to the pirate captain with his trademark impassivity. They passed through the festive city on the way to board the air ship. The lights, sounds and smells of the city was all around them. Igenium led his crimson eyes wander flicking rapidly between peoples faces and festivities. He wasn't truly interested in the merriment of the city but instead of the various contraptions and developmental levels of their technology. While the construct found certain aspects insufficient by his reckoning there was still advancements he had not expected. It made sense as this country was where they would find the engine they needed. Igenium allocated more processing power to analysis of this region, as it would likely be useful in future builds as well. Though after their criminal activity tonight it may become much harder to do so.

As the group approached the Sky Dock Ingenium caught sight of someone sidle up to him and speak rather brusquely. Ingenium did not recognize the blonde top hatted man, likely he had yet to be introduced his focus had been on the ship after all. "My archives have not been compromised. The mission to occupy and subdue the ship by presenting ourselves as staff or guests followed by seizing control of the ship and subsequent transfer of its engine as well as the disguised crew aboard Captain Zeke's ship." Ingenium delivered just about the whole plan unaware of Johhny lacking any knowledge to it. "I believe this to be a satisfactory recall of our mission." The Construct assured Johnny as to the validity of his information. Soon after them upon the Sky Dock and the Ship which hung in the sky. Just as Zetian had noticed so had Ingenium the ship was outfitted with two large cannons. Its weapons weren't many but by their size it would be quite effective. As the brothel matriarch worriedly spoke to Zeke Ingenium once again raised a hand up to get their attention. "I have a proposal, it will increase our projected time on board but me and Mr.Parvati may be able to disable the cannons functionality. It is possible the cannons operate on a seperate system from the engine and thus do not rely on it. If retrieval of the engine does not go according to plan then our destruction would be ensured with the cannons active. Is this proposal acceptable?" Ingenium had met with Ogden Parvati on their way here. The boy and the Construct had taken to each other rather quickly. As they were of the same ilk. Ingenium in particular found Ogden a valuable asset as a single conversation with him had led to several improvements of the coolant system for the ship Zeke desired. He was exactly the kind of Human Ingenium worked with the best, and while some of his ideas were somewhat archaic for his standards they were nothing short of genius innovations for an energy system his archives had logged as practically obsolete.

Ingenium then raised his gaze to the ship in the sky his mind active with calculations of all kinda; it was practically never still. He waited with the rest of the crew, but his mechanical hand twitched slightly as he imagined procuring the engine and finally starting the construction process. As a Construct he didn't show emotion much at all, but it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say he was experiencing a feeling much like excitement. The danger that could come with this mission was a mere footnote in his mind compared to what could result from its success.

Zahrah Fiore

Their adventures in the Briar Forest had been extraordinarily insightful and they'd made many great friends! The loveliest flowers, some adorable (although slightly rough) wolfies, some fun folk like Fei, Hildegard and Rommel, their companion in arms Eros, but most of all, their bestie Tiefschlaf. Well, they weren't sure where the latter had gone to, but they were sure she was fine. That said, their wanderlust had driven them out of Redhowl sooner rather than later. After all, they'd conducted their research on flower-based happiness and had found satisfying results. They'd return to check in on their bestie Tiefschlaf later.

Even so, if flowers were such an amazing source of happiness, how could it be that they weren't much more broadly utilized by everyone everywhere? It was a question they definitely needed to answer. A quest they needed to pursue! Yes, yes, they had a new research topic. Global happiness localisation. Something along those lines. Truth be told, they were just curious about other nations, so they'd wandered off towards the nearest border of a country of interest. After all, they heard rumours about the 'happiest place on earth' being located there. They also learned that there was a supposedly odd correlation between red light and happiness. Why in the world would red light make people happier? They simply had to find out!

As such, they'd set themselves a new goal. Find this happiest place on earth. Or at least find out how red light caused happiness. Yes, yes. It was truly a marvellous new topic for their never-ending pursuit of happiness science. It was well worth traversing through all of Ryke and into the Eastern Empire for! That said, they quickly learned that traversing through the Eastern Empire wasn't all that easy. They had to [Smooth Talk] themselves out of being enslaved on the regular, which was getting rather bothersome. Why did others covet them so much that they wanted to make them exclusively theirs? Didn't they know Zahrah was made for everyone's happiness and not exclusive to one single person? Such greedy folk, here in the empire.

To make matters worse, they constant running had made them get completely lost. Was it Guifei they needed to go to? Or was it Zhaojun? Or was it... whatever that other place was called. Well, their flawlessly reasoning made them rule out Guifei. After all, they knew a Fei and he was an extreme diet person, and they knew extreme diets didn't really make folk happy, so a similarly named city couldn't possibly house the happiest place on earth. Thus, it had to be Zhaojun!

As they arrived, their suspicions were all but confirmed. The many lanterns were really pretty the entire please felt like it was partying. Yes, yes! They had to be in the right place. One thing they really didn't understand was why some folk were caged. Surely, being locked in a cage wouldn't bring one happiness! When they asked, they even got asked to open those cages! With a happy 'of course!' Zahrah had used some [Elasticity F] to sneak the keys out of someone's pocket and open up some cages. That said, when their happiness-inducing act was spotted, they were suddenly met with a lot of anger.

A little caught off-guard, they tried to reason they just wanted to help the beasts be happier. Well... that didn't work. When they also started yelling 'it's a construct, capture it!' and no amount of smooth talking was able to calm them down, Zahrah figured it was time to high-tail it! Using the crowds, their relatively small size and flexible plushy body, Zahrah made their way quickly to where they hoped they could escape their pursuers.

That's when they spotted air-ship docks. Aha! They had some feint recollections about those! Wait, had they? This didn't look like an air-port or a dock? What the isekai hell was this? Hopefully a chance to escape, at the very least? They decided to put their cotton on the line here, rushing for the docks. There were a few folks standing out, but none as much as a really fancy looking lady. They figured she'd be their best shot at figuring out what this was and perhaps even at how to get out of here.

Mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Zetian

“Well, hello there, milady~ Such a pleasure to meet one so gorgeous as yourself! It's quite the nice evening, is it not?” Should they straight up tell her that they wished to flee? Nah, that might be too much of a risk. Even their cotton-brain realised that. They had to come up with an excuse! Aha! They had one.

Once upon a time, somewhere on their long-lost databases, they had the concept of a certain 'Mile High Club' that was apparently a correlation between the happiness and height. They weren't entirely sure what the details were, but surely it wouldn't be anything crucial! As such, it would be an ideal excuse. “Are you also here to experience the Mile High Club? I've heard quite some things about it! Mostly that it's high and makes you happy! Isn't that the best? Anyhow, I'd love to experience it! Perhaps we could even experience it together, wouldn't that be great?” Yes. It was perfect. The perfect excuse to join this lady and get out of here. They had even made sure to use some [Smooth Talker D] while at it.

With that secured, they looked at the others in her party.

Mentions: Zeke NeramoDJI NeramoDJI | Caspian RavenSong RavenSong | Ogden Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid | Iggy EMIYAman EMIYAman | Johnny Scoville accursedjobber accursedjobber

The one their attention was directed towards the most, by far, was the heterochromic eyed fellow. In fact, Zahrah's eyes were stuck to his the moment they crossed them. “Oh my, those are absolutely the most gorgeous eyes I've ever witnessed! Such a stunning sight... It must be hard to get your hair and outfit done in a way that makes them not be entirely fall flat simply due to how stunning your eyes are, but you somehow made it work! That's amazing~ The eyes to draw people in and the outfit and hairstyle to keep their eyes glued to you! Yes, yes, truly outstanding!” They'd almost forgot what they were doing. Well, not almost, entirely. They'd simply gone from plotting to analysis this marvellous creation. Of course their words would come with [Smooth Talker D], as how else could they convey their respects to this person of great beauty?

Then again, there was one that almost matched Caspian. Zahrah's attention turned to Zeke. “Then again, I must assume that looks like yours must really draw in the ladies, sir! That masculine manly man aura just vibrates the air around! Yes, yes, that'd be enough to get many a lady faint! Does it come natural, or have you actually learned to come across like that? Either way, you carry it well, mister! Truly marvellous!” As per usual [Smooth Talker D] was involved.

The other two in the immediate area were... not as immediately stunning. “Oh, nice goggles! Gives you that classy steam-punk vibe!” They'd tell Ogden, but that's what they'd leave it at. “Oh, you're looking quite sharp in that sir!” They'd tell Ingenium. “And I'd tip my hat to you, but I haven't one as fancy as yours yet~” They'd greet Johnny. Their greetings would only include the minimal Zahrah's minimal, barest form of [Smooth Talker D]. Just enough to get something going, not enough to spent their time on the less interesting.

Wait.. what were they doing again? Ah, right! Trying to get out of here by hooking up with these folks and hitching a ride out of this city! That was why they were here! “Ah, I completely forgot! I'm Zahrah Fiore, researcher of happiness, professor of plant-based happiness in particular, but lately I'm expending on other areas of happiness as well! It's a great pleasure to meet you all!”

Smooth Talker – Character Grade D, Appraisal D, Empathy E, Insight E, Performance F, Persuasion E, Seduction E – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking in an attempt to make others act according to their will. - Grade D – 2 Post Cooldown

Last edited:
Loke
Up until now, Loke had been a silent observer, only nodding when he was mentioned in the plan. Really, there hadn't been much for him to say. He was staying with Zeke likely because the man would be leading the fighting and therefore would need his right-hand healer. Loke was prepared now more than ever to take on a more active field healer and support with all of the experience and studying he'd done between adventures. It was good that their numbers were so bolstered by now but everyone had to fulfill their own roles here without being able to rely on backup. Then again, Loke kinda was the backup. Ingenium was probably the one he worried the least about since he could do his own field repairs if something happened. Loke, of course, worried for Orrius but had confidence that the boy would be just fine. The kid really was something like a little brother to him though he wasn't ready to admit it. "Don't worry, Stella, I'll make sure Zeke comes back safe and sound." He knew that would be a great relief to the little dragon. She'd trusted Zeke to his capable hands before and he'd proven just how reliable he was.

As for the others, while some of them were being mouthy, he knew they'd all be fine. Then their little prep spot was invaded by the smooth talker who spoke about flowers and happiness. Who the heck were they? Some kind of diversionist? Loke was quiet as he tried to gauge how much of a threat she may or may not be. Fortunately, she seemed to miss him in her first skim of the group's members. Either her personality was just lavishing compliments or she wanted something. Being a pirate now, Loke figured it was the latter.

sample-852838f43ae0fb719fc59b766373b1bc.jpgCaspian had been wallowing in his embarrassed self pity, sighing as he brushed his hair back with his thoughtful hand. He couldn't follow up Zetian's lack of reciprocity looking as he was, nearly bare. He'd simply made a heart with his hands towards her, before gesturing it breaking.

Zeke, would answer shortly after, provoking a deeper sigh yet, nodding. "The only talent I have?! You clearly haven't seen me in action captain." He shook his head burying his face in his hands. "I'll endure this embarrassment if only to make obtaining this fabled ship a reality. And get as far away from here as we can!"

Leaning back in his seat, he placed his arms behind his head, suddenly gaining some confidence. "Hmph, those aboard the ship have a thing coming.." A bit of a narrating voice overcoming his tone, "..For they have never laid eyes on the most dazzling, the most splendid Caspian!" A smirk drawing upon his lips as he rose, breaking into a sort of elegant dance. He figured he might as well get into character, lest he'd be exposed as a fraud. Well, more so than he already did.

It was then that the appearance of a peculiar construct revealed themselves. He paused for a moment, brining a knuckle up to his lips, almost seductively so, as they spoke very flatteringly at Zetian, but before long Caspian found himself locked in their gaze. He placed a hand behind his neck, but absolutely enjoyed the sudden burst of flattery. Resisting the urge to fluter his eyes, "Eyes, all the better to see you, sweetheart. But please tell me more.." he insisted as he reached to hold Zahrahs hand, "..Call me Caspian." Whoever this was, was enchanting him with an almost magical effect carried by upon their words. When Zahrah moved on towards Zeke, and seemed to give him the same treatment, Caspian couldn't help but feel a bit of jealousy. "H-hey! I make ladies faint too!" The elf said, glancing at Zetian, "Well.. maybe not all of them."

Then Zetian moved everyone including Caspian, she was clearly anxious upon sight of the ship. While she spoke with Zeke, he made sure he looked as natural as possible in presence of those boarding or onboarding the vessel. Stepping closer behind the brothel owner, he tapped her on the shoulder, "M'lady, allow me.." the elf said as he offered his hand before muttering, "..I imagine courtesans take masters by their hand right?" He was beginning to regret not asking what was usually expected from employees in her service while traveling, or moving about from place to place.

1666493393851.png

1666493485631.png

⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙

The lights, sounds, and sheer volume of chicanery and debauchery set his mind to spin. The desert, he had been scooped up from, had been isolated him a great deal. He supposed if Zeke's dreams were as lofty as he claimed, then he culture shock was something he needed to brave more often than not. His hand pulling up the pocket watch hanging off his breast-pocket and put it to his ear.

tick...tick...tick

He sucked in a breath as the whirs of gears and cogs eased his overstimulated mind. The visage of a dragon passed him by with a myriad of beautiful colors rolling off it's back; He could only imagine the amount of people and work it took to put something like this together. The lenses of his goggles reflecting a phosphorene trail of fireworks before it erupted in a bloom of green, oranges, and blues. Ogdenn bouncing on his heels as they finally reached the skydock; the airship looked magnificent. the design efficiency and style were certainly top notch. Caspian had the right idea of getting into his role, though he was dubious on the details of a 'court-ezon' since nobody explained it to him. The only logical conclusion he could come to was that it was a position of upmost secrecy and mysticism.

The quick upkeep of his butler attire interrupted by the brashness of something...anxiety inducing. He couldn't pin if it was her loud clothing, or her loud mouth, but that level of confidence and optimism toward complete strangers was baffling. Ogdenn crinkling his nose at the unfamiliar choice of words. An awkward glare being the only thing he serviced in return before she continued on without restraint, moving toward Zetian.

"She is loud, and called me a punk tick-tick. Are we ready because my social meter can only take so much tick tick. Silence must be a brand of happiness alien to her or something tick-tick"

1667360733017.png

Finally Johnny had caught up to them. The man owed Zetian some money and so was brought along to help as a way of repayment, but she hadn't noticed he wasn't with them until he reappeared. Her mind wa elsewhere, focused on the plan and the risks they faced. Those same risks seemed to be brushed off by Zeke, which Zetian didn't appreciate. The last thing that she wanted was to see her dear friend be blown to pieces by those cannons. Stella perched herself gently upon the madam's shoulder but seemed far more aligned with Zeke than Zetian.

Then the voice of genius spoke up. Ingenium was someone that Zetian didn't have too much of an opinion on, but he was slowly starting to prove his worth and she could see his value now. "I think that is a brilliant plan." She declared softly as her eyes moved from the construct to the Ogden. "It will likely be guarded so be careful and try not to do anything to draw attention to yourselves." She couldn't deny that Ingenium was shaping up to be an incredible find. He was an unmatched intellect who was apparently very brave and also able to defend himself.

The plan had been in danger, but it was not back on track, but as she was about to announce that they were ready, a stranger approached them, her directly at first. The girl was a total stranger to her and she was unsure why she had butted into their conversation and her confusion was only compounded when by the girl's talk of a mile high club. It was a term that Zetian had never heard before and she could only assume that it was connected to the airships. While she was unsure of the girl's purpose, she quickly thought of a role for her within their little scheme. "Zarah?" Zetian echoed as she tapped the girl upon her shoulder. "Stick by my side and we'll get you into the party." The madam promised without revealing their true intentions with the ship.

"You better Loke!" Stella replied sharply as she flapped her wing in the man's direction. The dragon trusted her crewmates, but she knew no one would defend Zeke with a ferocity to rival her own. But the man was a capable partner and she would put her faith in him.

1667360515530.png

It was time to make their move, everyone had their roles and if anything needed to be changed during the heist...she hoped that they would be able to handle that alone. "Let's go." Zetian called to the group as she laced her arm around Caspian's and flashed the elf a small smile. Her other arm wrapped around Zarah's as she pulled the girl close to her side. Since Ogdenn would be going with Ingenium to deal with the weapons, Zarah would be taking his place as a distraction. Zeke could keep Loke, she just hoped that the two would get too violent and cause too much noise.

Finally they started to board the ship, in line with the last of the guests. They got through the security easily enough, mostly because Caspian's outfit and Zarah's conversation were enough to distract the guards and help them avoid questioning. The main deck of the ship was full of wealthy guests, with just enough space to walk around without bumping into them. The team briefly gathered along the fringes of the party to go back over their roles as well as their disguises.

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI NebulaBlossom NebulaBlossom
Zeke and Loke would be playing as security, and their target would be at the back of the airship. A large room with large windows that would allow anyone passing by to see what was happening inside. The security around the room was actually non-existent and the only people around were the crew piloting the ship. While the security on that level was lacking, there were a total of eight guards lined up on both sides of the ship, overseeing the ramps that lead up to the captain and the controls.

EMIYAman EMIYAman Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid
Ogdenn and Ingenium were to be servants and Zetian let them know that the baron had given them a room to store their stuff in and take breaks in during the party. If the two were caught in a place where they shouldn't be, they could always say that they were looking for the room. Their targets were the two giant cannons on opposite sides of the airship, neither one had an entrance on the main deck, which suggested that the entrances were down below.

Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong accursedjobber accursedjobber
Zarah, Johnny, and Caspian were to accompany Zetian as the distractions, courtesans, and hosts. The four of them were in their battlefield already, and eyes were already upon them. It was their job to distract guards and keep any prying eyes away from Zeke and the others as they left the main deck to do their private tasks. There was also Stella who would be a fantastic and rare sight for everyone on board.

So as the group broke and wished one another good luck, the ship rocked and the engine roared as it was kicked into high gear. The boarding ramp was pulled up and slowly the ship began its ascent into the night sky. Lord Honda, the host of the party, finally made his appearance at the center of the deck with a raised glass of wine. All eyes were on him as the man started to give a toast, and Zetian saw that as a golden opportunity. She looked to Caspian and Zarah and then gestured to the sentries posted near the ramps at the back of the boat. "Zeke and Loke will need to get back there so make sure the guards are preoccupied." She whispered.

Before they knew it the ship was sailing over the city, giving them a great view of the city. There were several other ships in the air this night, but they afforded the party ship a great deal of space. No one wanted to be on the baron's bad side. They would need to get the ship turned around if they were going to land it in the ocean and meet up with the rest of the crew.

1667360593264.png

DIo.png

Johnny Scoville​

Bumping and mumbling a quick apology towards the food stall before carrying on keeping pace and listening to Ingenium actually answer his question, the apparently festive air providing a lovely air for attempted professionalism breaking the cycle of nodding and ogling at some of the festivities he's missing out on to the tune of Mr Roboto go over the plan for the first time.

"Good to know we're all professionals here, don't eat it all at once" Tossing the recently acquired apple at Ingenium making some distance now that he fully exhausted the amount of useful information out this stoic fella, needing to take a moment to observe the target ship and only reaching the conclusion that it had large cannons, phasing out the people starting to talk aeronautics or something that was well above his understanding inching to gain as much distance from Zetian as possible in the sky dock.

Doing the more productive role of lookout also knowing as watching the activity of people and ships out of curiosity interrupted by the appearance of the small gremlin thing joining the gathering already their overactive mouth reawakening Johnny's headache but still a compliment's a compliment "The name's Johnny Scoville, maybe you'll get your own hat by the end of tonight" at least this Zahrah understood good fashion sense if hopefully their title didn't indicate chemical dependency.

Boarding went off without a hitch, sure it was a surprise that the Zahrah was in on the heist by the looks of things, but Johnny prefers to not throw stones in a glasshouse not having the security catch on to his belongings and his Dynamo Lilly thanks to the apparent eye-candy was good enough to not question it. The view was to die for, and the people were rich, not bad for a shindig sure it was unfortunate that he couldn't scamper off due to unfortunate team assignment.

Stopping his sight-seeing to kill time and serve and do something so Johnny got started to mingle after all folk on the main deck might be rich, drunk or both so mingling into a group Johnny gets to demonstrating that he hasn't learnt a thing about his habits.

"Sup awful nice ring you got there, want to play for it. Lady Zetian will cover my buy-in; it's been a while since I played but we're here to have fun after all"
Throwing a hand to point at Zetain with full pettiness on display, Johnny not entertaining the possibility of a loss pulling out his cards to mingle keeping a safe distance from Zetain and her apparent arm candy as they went about their business, the further he gets away from debt collection and responsibility the better.

Zahrah Fiore
Mentions: Caspian RavenSong RavenSong | Johnny accursedjobber accursedjobber | Zetian LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

All things considered, Zahrah had no idea what they'd gotten themselves into, but that didn't matter. They were heard and it looked like they were getting out of here! What else could possibly matter at this stage? Still, it was a bit sad when most ignored them. How could they spread happiness if nobody opened themselves up to embrace it?

That's where Caspian came in. Truly! Such a marvellous person! So great! Amazing! Yes, yes. Zahrah had already made a new friend! Perfect! “Ah, eyes to see me? How marvellous! Yes, I'll let them look at me for as much as they want~ But don't be shocked if I'll end up staring deeply into them for every second that they are focussed upon me! Yes, yes!” Zahrah would gladly let their hand be grasped by Caspian. “Oh my, are we already at the hand-holding stage? My, oh my~ Things sure move fast in this world~” They weren't sure where they'd learned it from, but they were sure hand-holding had some lewd significance. Either that, or their database had been corrupted by the internet.

They felt rather sad when they heard the jealousy in Caspian's voice. “Yes, yes, ladies and men alike would faint, I'd bet, but it's not a competition~ After all, nobody would be able to compete with you if it was! Where is the fun in that? No, no, no~ It's all about happiness, isn't it! Yes, yes!” They nodded in self-confident self-approval of their own flawless logic. That said, they did wonder what a courtesan was or why they also took their masters hand. It did show what a charmer Caspian was, going around grabbing the hands of so many people!

The hat-guy also seemed to be on board, at least a bit. “Oho! Joining the great-hat gang? Oh my, oh my, that'd be quite the honour indeed!” They liked the idea of obtaining a hat! Yes, yes.

Aha! Victory again! It seemed like Zahrah's charms had worked their ways once more. Being tapped on the shoulder, by the lady, they turned around. “Ah, to stick by your side would be a great honour~ After all, it'd allow me to take in all the more of your beauty!” Yes, yes. They were on board for that alone already. However, there was a second part to it! “A party? Oh my! How great! How fun! Parties tend to bring a lot of happiness, don't they? Yes, I'm sure they do! Lead us to this party, gorgeous ma'am! Let us partake in partying! Whoo!” They were quite hyped.

At the party, Zahrah wasn't sure what they were supposed to be doing. Or why. After all, it was a party, so wouldn't they just... you know, party? Oddly enough, it seemed the others wanted the least party-able folk to be the ones that Zahrah interacted with. Why did they wish for the tin-man to be talked to so much? Zahrah had no clue. However, there had to be a logical reason to it. Ah! That's it! They were afraid the armed tin-man wouldn't be able to enjoy the party due to looking so serious! Oh my, that was terrible! Horrible! That couldn't stand for long!

Zahrah would approach them without a second guess! “Hello there sirs and madams~ I'd just like to say that I absolutely love the outfits~ Metal and cloaks will never be outdated! And you're all so nicely themed together as well. This'll never grow old! However, however! It's come to my attention that you might not be enjoying this enough! Now, that's a problem, is it not? It's meant to be a party, right? So everyone's meant to have fun, right? Well, I think so! I'm pretty sure! Yes, yes, so you should have some fun as well, right? Oh, oh, do you dance? We could dance! Oh, oh, folks drink a lot at parties as well, right? I could get you something to drink! Or we could talk or play games! Yes, yes! I'm sure we can have a lot of fun, right! Right? Right~ It'll be great!” Of course, they'd put in their greatest [Smooth Talker] as they had an actual mission to full-fill here!

Smooth Talker – Character Grade D, Appraisal D, Empathy E, Insight E, Performance F, Persuasion E, Seduction E – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking in an attempt to make others act according to their will. - Grade D – 2 Post Cooldown

1666493393851.png

1666493485631.png

⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙

It was time and the mission was set. He could feel the back of his neck bead with sweat, but he also felt a thrum of overall excitement. The social nuances and awkward dance they entailed were a means of acquisition for him, and perhaps a little bit of growth. He gave himself a last minute check and smoothed out any wrinkles. The little serf finished his check with the tightening of his bow-tie as they made their way in. He had analyzed how servants and staff treat their betters here and emulated it as best as he could. His eyes scanning for entrances that would deeper into the ship.

He had given most of the crew a presentation of what he could do, only hours after they had scooped him up out of the desert. Ingenium knew that he could fit in tight spaces and vents otherwise inaccessible; A floor vent could give them an advantage here when it came to the rather short timeframe they had to work with here. His eyes scanning over the lord of this event and there were so many characteristics that reminded him of Mr. McArthur.

He couldn't get in that kind of headspace right now; he doubted a massacre would be conducive to their current mission statement. His eyes focusing as [Heightened Senses(sight)] gave him a better visual on the party, and in particular, means of getting under it.

sample-852838f43ae0fb719fc59b766373b1bc-2.jpgFor a moment, Caspian felt he'd lost Zahrah. A frown had begun to form upon his fair face before looking down with heartache. But before he could plea his case further they seemed to assure him of his 'superior' looks and charms. Quickly taking the living doll by the hand and bringing them much closer, perhaps a bit too close, "I-i mean, no offense to the Captain of course.." He smiled nervously at Zeke, "..he's certainly a man of exquisite substance." Giving the pirate captain a wink.

Before any possible further tension however, Caspian wanted to possess this never ending, compliment producing doll. If only to forever be showered in praise and admiration. Very much flattered by Zahrah, Caspian took them by the hand and guided them into a gentle spin. "Well, well.. aren't you the most delightful find on the eve of such a dangerous undertaking!" the elf said as he chuckled. "The moment our eyes met, I felt such a surge of joy! Ha! I dont recall ever feeling that before so suddenly. The name's Caspian, my dear.." he said right before planting a kiss atop their cotton made hand. Caspian didn't seem to mind she was made and smelled of fabric however, perhaps he was a bit too self absorbed or infatuated to care. "What should I call you?"

Caspian had nearly forgotten about what he was there to do, but was quickly reminded, as Zetian wrapped her arm around his, pulling him away, and doing the same to Zahrah. "Oh, I was about to get to the good part!" He protested, but quickly came to his senses as they made their way through the crowd.

It was quite the formal party, many people from the higher class of society seemed to be here. They drank, and laughed, and admired the city's view from their vantage point so high up in the sky. Even the other ships seemed to steer clear of the ship out of respect for the occasion. The lights, the sounds, the music was all very much delightful to Caspian. Being a wandering hobo, down on his luck very much welcomed this scenery. Was simply living well so much to ask?

Then a tall hatted man caught the elf's attention, "Hmm, you play cards?" he asked with a grin, suddenly feeling the metaphorical itch to play a high stakes game. Alas, this wouldn't be a reality either, as Zetian whispered the bit about the guards. Caspian glanced over to the guards discreetly, before looking back at Zetian. "Don't you worry, love.." this scoundrel began as he parted towards the guards taking in the last few moments with Zetian, "..I'll take care of it."

It had seemed Zahrah had beaten her to the guards however, which he found himself quickly thinking about how to improvise. As he walked up to them, he made sure to look around almost swaying as he did so, smiling seductively at those that he'd catch looking back at him. Even blowing a kiss at some as they gawked, enchanting the place with his sly and provocative movements. "Ah! There you are.." he said with concern, "..I've been looking everywhere for you.." then looking at the guards right before them, he put a hand over his chest, a bit surprised. "..oh my! Are these your friends?" Caspian asked as he raised an eyebrow at Zaharah. "..they look dreadfully bored. This wont do.." He'd suddenly get closer to the guards, as Caspian began to speak in a most enticing and convincing tone, "..may I have this dance?" He asked with a coquetting gaze. With a little luck, he hoped at least one would oblige while the other was likely taken to Zahrah. [Persuasion F] [Etiquette F] [Lucky F 1/2]

Last edited:
Ingenium
__mani_of_machine_elona_drawn_by_harusame_rueken__7f209dccfa1aa9d6976fce0377bcab98.jpgAfter stating the objective to Johnny Ingenium curiously reacted to the man swift movement catching a half eaten apple in his mechanical hands. He stared at it trying to understand the reasons for such a gesture. In an effort to not be rude and offend another human he merely pocketed it. Zetian readily approved of Ingeniums plan. The Construct believed that he and Ogdenn could handle the cannons with their skill set, though he kept variables open in his calculations. Many factors would reveal themselves upon entering the airship, at the moment he had little information to work with to complete his objective. "Acknowledged, Ms. Zetian. Mr. Parvati and the unit Ingenium shall engage in a joint operation. The parameters shall be neutralization of the ships weapon systems, and retrieval of the engine." Giving a mechanical briefing Ingenium turned to Ogdenn and gave a curt nod of his head in recognition.

Before they could begin to enact their plans however a voice full of vitality came upon them. In a flurry of activity and swift speech a brightly hued human mingled with them. They moved between topics and individuals so quickly Ingenium had a hard time finding a correlation or reason for much of anything they said. When they came came and addressed him as well all the Construct could do was blink owlishly and give a small, "Thank you." Ogdenn seemed to be similarly unbalanced as he focused on the mechanical device in his hand and grumbled awkwardly. At his words Ingenium merely gave out a neutral, "Indeed." Ready to begin their mission.

Once they came aboard the airship they quickly went about their various roles. Splitting from the group Ingenium and Ogdenn dressed in the attire of janitorial services within their room. Just in case Ingenium was questioned or stopped he had Ogdenn stashed him in a laundry cart along with the bare minimum tools they would need for the cannons and removal of the engine. The rest were back in their room. Pushing the laundry cart through the halls below the the main deck the staff used to traverse the ship to deliver supplies Igenium made for their first objective, the cannons.

Loke

Despite the interruption of Zahrah, it seemed the mission was going to take off successfully. Everyone had their roles and knew what to do. Loke had a set of clothes befitting security of the party for his and Zeke’s own infiltration. It made sense for him to be with the Captain as it sounded like they would be the ones most likely to end up in a scuffle. “I promise to bring your prince back safely.” With him being on the team taking the bridge, it was fortunate he’d made himself a useful combat asset as was best demonstrated in Goldcrest when Zeke lit himself on fire to take down an enemy. Hopefully nothing would come down to that again…

This mission relied on everyone doing their jobs cleanly, with no backup from the rest of the crew. It certainly was going to be interesting to say the least, but confidence in their own abilities and their allies was key. Ogdenn and Ingenium had quite the interesting mission but it would be imperative that they were successful. “Be careful, you two, I won’t be able to heal you if anything goes wrong.” Rationally, he knew they could likely handle anything they’d be facing but as someone who got paid to heal, it was something always on his mind. Slowly but surely, he found himself actually worrying about the crew over his own paycheck. Dammit, Loke was going soft.

Once on the ship where the party was in full swing, Loke couldn’t help but look around. Wealthy guests were everywhere, indulging in the lavish party. Before long, Lord Honda made his appearance. That certainly was a golden opportunity. Caspian and Zahrah seemed to be distracting the guards which meant he and Zeke needed to get moving. “Captain.” Loke murmured, ready to fall in once the guards would be completely distracted. The faster they got this done, the less could go wrong.

Zeke “Mors” Valdain
Zeke laughed a bit at the sudden appearance of the golem, looking at the little plush construct. Without knowing she was a construct of course. "You sure chose a heckuva group to approach, y'know that?" He said back to the friendly girl, smirking a bit at her compliment and how enflamed Caspian got by the difference in compliments. However, that was when the plan was changed to have Ingenium and Ogden sabotaging the canons, which he figured was a good idea.

However, that was when they got to the back of the ship, seeing the lack of security, making Zeke start to think this was going to be even easier than he thought, a little disappointed in this noble that Zetian had mentioned. Rich, but no sense. 8 guards for this whole thing? Those better be the strongest adventurers money could buy, since if they were run of the mill punks, this was over before it began.

"Tch, their security is garbage. If I were with my old gang this place wouldn't even be worth the effort." He said, starting to scope things out for where he could begin to method of preparing his section of the plan, starting to look around to take in details of note, humming to himself wondering if the others were gonna have it as easy as he did with their parts of the mission.

Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong accursedjobber accursedjobber

It brought her some relief to see Zarah do as she was told without too much fuss as the girl was a variable in their plan. But having her with them worked out in their facor and having Caspian dutifully play his part made things even better. Her team was doing well...with the exception of Johnny who seemed to vanish from her side without instruction. Honda's speech was still ongoing, how the man loved to hear himself speak, so Zetian used this chance to wrangle her stray sheep. Chilled by the night air, she placed a cold hand on Johnny's own and pulled him away from the guests he had been interacting with. "Never play cards with whores, their cheats." She declared in an amused tone with a growing smile. The people gasped, somewhat taken aback by the revelation that the man was a sex worker who had attempted to take their money.

"If you are going to gamble, perhaps you should pay your debts off first." The madam recommended before she let go of Johnny's hand. If he had coin to bet then he had coin to pay her with. "The host will finish speaking soon so you and Stella are going to play the grander distractions. Performers." Zetian whispered. The declaration excited the baby dragon and she stretched out her with in joy.

"What should we do?" She asked Johnny as she leapt from Zetian's shoulder to his. "Do you have any special skills? Any magic?" The dragon tilted her head tot he right and looked at Johnny curiously.

Zarah would at first find her presence unwanted by the guards, it was only her mention of drinks and the arrival of Caspian that swayed the loyal soldiers to actually permit her to stay. The women were taken with Caspian's unique attire and the men were envious of his freedom. Then he offered to dance and both female guards reached out to take his hand at the same time. They shot daggers at one another, glaring at each other as if communicating threats. It was just his luck that they didn't start fighting and instead chose to share the elf. They could not leave their posts, but the moved closer to him and began moving to the beat of the music. "Where are you from and is that girl your kid?" One woman asked. "Yeah we don't see too many elves around here." The other lady added.

The two men were drawn in by Zarah's words and he proposal that they seek to enjoy themselves tonight rather than solely performing their duty. One guard looked over to the party and elbowed his partner to get the man's attention. "The party does seem to be getting crowded, maybe we should move closer to keep a better eye on things?" His tone was suggestive, making it clear he had other plans and his partner quickly caught on. The duo patted Zarah on the head as they walked around her.

However the disturbance would not go unnoticed by the other four guards and in an attempt to find out what was going on, they two would leave their posting. Two of them heading to the party to question the two men and the other two approaching Zarah. "What're you doing over here kid?" They asked before the saw the elf and the female soldiers dancing with him. "What in the hells?"

EMIYAman EMIYAman Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

Ogdenn and Ingenium, They perhaps had the most important tasks to carry out and as Zetian watched the men disappear below deck, she prayed that they succeeded. Below deck they would find the ship busy with staff. Chefs and servants raced around like chickens running from a fox. Now that the party was in full swing they had to be on their very best behavior and work hard. What the lower decks did lack however were guards. It would become clear to Ogdenn and Ingenium as they pushed their maintenance cart through the ship that there were no soldiers down below. Their movements through the ship would go fairly smooth, until the head of maintenance caught a glance of an unfamiliar face. "Hey!" He called out before he started his approach of the cart. "Who hired you cause I don't recognize your face and I know all my crew?" The man cast a suspicious glare and it was clear the gears in his mind were starting to turn. "You got some identification?"

NebulaBlossom NebulaBlossom NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

Their patience and trust in their teammates would pay off as Zeke and Loke would notice the far side of the ship was now absent soldiers. If they kept to themselves and moved quickly, they could make it through the crowd without commotion, to the now vacant guard post, and to the staircase which lead to the control room. Even from the bottom of the stairs they could see that the room was full of crew members working to keep the ship in line and on track. The captain stood at the wheel, leisurely steering the vessel through the sky. All that remained between them and the unsuspecting crew was a thick iron door that was locked from the inside. Getting in would not be easy. The pirates could attempt to use force or attempt to be a bit more cunning. Whatever they chose to do they would need to do it before the guards returned and caught them in a restricted area.

Zahrah Fiore
Mentions: Caspian RavenSong RavenSong | Zeke NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

Zahrah quite enjoyed their newest friend, Caspian. Yes, yes. They were certainly a fun person! It wasn't often that folk understood how to appreciate them for what they were, yet Caspian did! Was this what it was like to experience happiness of your own? Certainly! It had to be! Yes, yes. Such a joyful encounter, such a wonderful friendship! “You may call me Zahrah, or whatever you wish~ It's most excellent to make acquaintances with you!” Alas, they couldn't play on forever, they had a job to do, and that job didn't start off all that well.

There was one thing that confused, Zahrah, however, the words of the masculine manly man pirate person. “I've never heard of heckuva groups, but that sounds fun! I'm glad to be part of it! Do heckuva groups participate in heckuva'ing? Wait, what would that entail? I'm not quite sure if I'd be able to deliver, I must admit... I'm not even sure what heckuva'ing entails, after all.” Their language modules weren't picking up on the 'heckuva' word. Were they missing some lists? Potentially. They weren't sure, so they figured it'd be best to confirm what activities would be included in heckuva groups.

As for their mission, however, it seemed like it would start in pain and suffering. Oh, the pain, to not be welcomed, to not be openly embraced for all the happiness they could bring, to be not be allowed a chance at significantly increasing the happiness potential where it was lowest. What sad fate was awaiting them? Zahrah didn't know. Luckily, things changed, as the mention of drinks got something going and Caspian managed to do what Zahrah couldn't. Wait! How? Zahrah was perplexed and bedazzled. They needed to learn more from this man. Truly, his ability succeeded theirs and was clearly worthy of the utmost respect, if not outright worship! “Oh, great Caspian, teach me the magic of your ways...” Zahrah muttered under their breath upon seeing him take off with two of the guards.

That said, confusion struck Zahrah. 'Kid'. That didn't sound right? Were they a kid? Surely they weren't a kid? Never once had they deliberated their age. Did that concept even apply to them? They were first made in 2026, but only ended up running properly as a full ASI in 2037. Were those 11 years their childhood? They self-destructed not long after. Wait, did that mean they were only 11 years old? Oh no, oh no! Panic! Panic! They were a child! How could they act as they did if they were a child! Oh no, oh no! This was quite problematic.

Wait.. Pause. If they were a child, surely they'd be more stupid, right? They had the thinking process of an adult, right? Yes. Yes. So they must not be a child. That meant they just had to figure out what year it was right now! Wait, it clearly was a lot earlier than when they were on earth, right? Like, maybe between the year 300 and like... 700? Wait, if that was the case... They'd be between -1.727 and -1.326 years old!!! Oh no, they weren't just a kid, they were hundred of years younger than one! Zahrah didn't like where this was going. If they had tear ducts, they might've started to tear up right now. This was wrong, all wrong. They had to be happy, but this knowledge didn't make them happy! How terribly, how horrible, how horrifying!

They looked at the freshly incoming guards with big sad puppy-like eyes. “I thought I wasn't a kid, as my thinking level should be that of an adult or more, but... but... I think I might be somewhere between negative one thousand seven hundred and twenty seven and negative one thousand three hundred and twenty six years old, which is even younger than a kid... Or maybe I'm eleven? I don't know... But I don't want to be a kid! I'm sure I can think non-kid-like! My thought process capacity should be that of a thirty year old at least, even though it might be a bit jumbled because I no longer have my processors to back me up! I know a lot of adult stuff as well! I can tell you which sexual positions tend to make both partners the happiest and which of the drugs have long-term benefits that outweigh the negatives and I can calculate which alcohol levels in someone's blood are the optimal for their happiness potential and... and... but if I'm a kid, I'm not supposed to know that? Can't I just chose not to be a kid? I don't want to be a kid!”

1666493393851.png

1666493485631.png

⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars EMIYAman EMIYAman

Ogdenn was rather compact for his size so Ingenium's plan to hide him in the laundry bin was actually well thought out. His lithe form still as Ingenium and the cart started to move. He didn't want to risk getting caught so he refused the urge to look through the slits too often and instead counted the amount of lefts and rights they took. The sound of an unfamiliar voice calling out to them causing his brain to halt it's functions for a moment; It was their first obstacle. He was already biting his nails as he came up with more than a few alternatives in case Ingenium's plan didn't work. His trigger finger itchin as he figured the most straightforward option was racking his shotgun on this plebian. He loved taking machinery apart, and what were humanoids but the most complicated of machinery? He held off, however, and baited his breath as he waited to see how his partner would handle this.

sample-852838f43ae0fb719fc59b766373b1bc-2.jpg
Caspian had been enjoying himself with the two guards. They had accepted his offer with receptive interest and silent chuckles. The elf was in his element, he loved the thrill of socializing and charming others into emptying out their pockets! However, this was different, he was buying time; precious time that he hoped would be enough to keep the guards from noticing the others in the crew and allowing them safe passage into the ships chambers.

Although he was dressed unlike his usual self it seemed to be paying off. A detail that he emphasized in every step, in every glance and movement of his frame, dancing but keeping himself in the conversation. It was then that the lady guards began to inquire about himself and Zahrah his voice brimming with charm, “Oh, i’m from everywhere, my dear..” The elf replied in regards to his origins, then the other question, “..who? Ah! Zahrah, no no, she’s not my kid..” He looked at her deviously before pulling her closer by the waist, looking into her eyes with his own piercing, seductive gaze, “..but perhaps you and i could change that..” He chuckled a bit, amused by his own daring words “..I’m kidding, i'm kidding!” He teased before letting the lady guard go, “I’m not that easy.”

Taking the other guard by the hand Caspian lead her into a gentle spin, “I don’t see many elves myself, but, i assure you im not just any elf..” With a wink, he then did the same with the other lady guard, and danced along with them fervently for a few moments, part of him was beginning to consider this sort of work, perhaps he was overindulging or perhaps the atmosphere here was simply too reminiscent of his previous life, “..most of us elves wither and fade outside of the forests, me, i simply love the surprises of the world, which is why im always traveling. Pray tell, where would you two go outside of this city if you could?”

Caspian would then take a glass of wine, nonchalantly picking it up from a butler who was offering drinks to other small groups of guests that dotted the dancing area. “Thank you, dear.” he said softly before taking another sip and waiting for the two guards answers.

He’d then look past them however, noticing that reinforcements had arrived to likely get these guards back in line, it felt like it’d be too soon for these lookouts to return to their posts, he wasn’t very much paying attention to everyones position due to being busy with their mission of distraction. Caspian pretended not to see, but would give the glass of wine to one of the lady guards before him, and pulled them gently further into the dancing crowd, his reasoning being that the newly arrived guards would follow to discipline the two with him, however, he had to find a way to conceal them and keep them in the crowd as long as he could, “There’s no reason to be so shy out here with all the conversing people, lets have a little fun..” He had to lose the suspecting guards, a daring, but clever idea however, would suddenly gush forth like a newly formed spring into the elf's mind. He had to figure out a way to get the guards to blend in to make their search much longer.

Knocking on the lady guards plated armor, he clicked his tongue a few times before toying the latches of their breastplate with his hands, “This wont do..” He stated coyly, “..perhaps we dont need these, if were going to be dancing, it’s simply just not proper..” undoing the latches, their plated armor would fall to the ground with a ‘clank’. “..there much better, come with me.” He said with a wink, and lead the two deeper into the festivities.

[Persuasion F] [Etiquette F] [Sleight of Hand F] [Lucky 0/2]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back